• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kazanna

That Thorn In Your Side
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I never know how to start these things... so I'll skip that part as it seems useless... or maybe its the hook. Hm...

Anywho.

I'm looking for a partner, or several, to explore various plays, create new worlds and delve into fictions and fantasies constructed from whimsy, woe, and wonder.

Current Genres I'm looking to explore in order of most desired to meh.

Sci-Fi/Futuristic, Including Cyberpunk related, futuristic powers related, post apocalyptic, dystopian, false utopian, or other various sub-genres.

Powers, Characters with super powers, etc in a more modern or other setting.

Fantasy, Spellcrafting, dragons, beholders, illithid mindlflayers, dungeons, and massive apocalyptic armies of demons, dwarves, elves, and whatever else could be drawn from anywhere from the forgotten realms, to the mists of avalon and beyond.

Isekai, A big adventure in a foreign world, perhaps reincarnation or other various types of world traversal.

Historic-Fantasy Perhaps an event in history didn't happen the way the history books wrote it out to be. A retelling might be in order.

A note on Characters and Plot Armor
I dont use plot armor. Main characters can die. My usual brand of play is decently violent and my characters are typically strong enough to survive the plays I run, but they aren't death immune and I'm not above mutilating my characters or generating a new character halfway through.

Conversely, I don't mind a Gary/Mary-Sue character, the stronger a character is, the more likely I'll just ramp up the difficulty to match them if I'm narrating things. THAT being said, I don't allow for meta-gaming, powerplaying, or other similar game-breaking features, unless the character is literally a god of something that allows that to occur.

A note on Romance
It isn't always necessary, its fine if it happens, but I wont force it to occur. I wont engage my characters in anything that would be illegal romantically, and anything beyond general affection needs to lead to fade to black. Additionally, I'm only open to MxF at the moment. LGBTQ is fine, but isn't my cup of tea at the moment.

Expectations

Well, this is the usual list of what I'm looking for in a partner.

Moderately Detailed Character Sheets
So this isn't to say EVERY character needs a sheet, but whoever your main character is for a play-wright, should have some explained details. Their looks, who they are, etc. Doesn't need a full written book of a biography, but it does need to have at least something to do with the play.

Post frequency
This isn't that big of an issue to me, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, I've seen it all in various separations and I don't really mind.

Post Length/Quality
So rather than how the above I don't really mind, what I do mind is length and quality. I don't require my partners to ever match my posts, as they tend to be lengthy, but I do prefer when my partners at least reply with a decent amount of quality in the reply. Length should vary based on the situation, but at least two paragraphs of 3-5 sentences per reply with some form of character introspection or explanation of environmental detail or reaction with some reaction to what's written in the partnered post. I always try to reply to my partners replies in a similar format and just tangent based on content.

So to recap, 2+ Paragraphs of medium to high quality with detail.

Style
3rd Person Past Tense. This is pretty much a tilting point. It could be the best play ever, but if its first person, I tend to just pass, if its current tense, I nope right out. It ruins my writing flow and doesn't allow for variable actions or timeline manipulation/integration, which limits the quality of the play to watching a sitcom.

If you've got any questions, comments, etc. feel free to message.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back