What's new
  • When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

News & Updates In Regards to BBCode+ and BBscript

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
i can live without most of these easily cuz i never had the time to properly learn them, but div... div is gonna hurt. div was my best friend, my constant companion. rip.

Make sure you check the updated first post to make sure none of the other tags affect you!

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.
Make sure you check the updated first post to make sure none of the other tags affect you!
div is the only one i used in my personal codes that would be affected, but all the freebies i've used for other posts too... oh boy. i'll have to switch anything that's still in an active rp, double rip. i'm assuming even if the codes break, it won't be required to remove bbcode+ from years-old dead posts unless i want to save them?

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
div is the only one i used in my personal codes that would be affected, but all the freebies i've used for other posts too... oh boy. i'll have to switch anything that's still in an active rp, double rip. i'm assuming even if the codes break, it won't be required to remove bbcode+ from years-old dead posts unless i want to save them?
Correct. The code will be visible, but it's not going to vanish. It just won't parse into any effects.

PrincessMuk

Turns Out I Was An Ace Legend All Along...
Wow... this is definitely sad news. I understand why it had to be done but it's still sad to see that so many gorgeous codes will no longer work. I'm definitely still planning to use this site -- I haven't found another roleplay site that works quite as well or has the same sense of community -- but it will be weird at first to figure out making RP posts without the coding I'm used to.

Still, I'm excited to see what comes next for the site, and I'm sure the community will find more creative ways to use regular BBcode in no time.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Long as tabs and imagefloat remains im fine.
The only tags getting affected are in the first post:

Code:
[div= ][/div]
[div class=][/div]
[class=][/class]
[class name=][/class]
[animation=][/animation]
[keyframe=][/keyframe]
[script=][/script]
[script class=][/script]
[nobr][/nobr]
[br][/br]
[import=][/import]
[export][/export]
Wow... this is definitely sad news. I understand why it had to be done but it's still sad to see that so many gorgeous codes will no longer work. I'm definitely still planning to use this site -- I haven't found another roleplay site that works quite as well or has the same sense of community -- but it will be weird at first to figure out making RP posts without the coding I'm used to.

Still, I'm excited to see what comes next for the site, and I'm sure the community will find more creative ways to use regular BBcode in no time.
We understand that's why we are working on more sustainable alternatives that don't depend on a custom renderer. Ultimately if we do something similar to BBC+ plus, old codes will just start working again maybe.

We might also just allow straight-up HTML/CSS with extreme purification. That is what BBC+ is in a sense, to be honest. Though I fully suspect people will do cool stuff with BBCode as they always have.

birth of venus

𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘹
this really bums me out, but i know y'all are working your hardest to keep rpn awesome and functional for everyone!

gotra pour one out for all our amazing forum coding gurus & their freebies threads, they gave us lovely codes and the potential for creativity! and i'm excited to see what the future brings

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.
welp, transparent png images with pretty borders, fancy effects and non-square shapes are gonna be my replacement goldfish for now. perhaps i'll open up a freebie request shop on here for those kinds of things sometime.

til then, i'll be clicking all the pretty codes while i still can. thank you all for your creativity~

Comicwolf

wolfie-chan
I dont know of this affects any of my sign up threads, groups or one on one intrest check. I guess i'll have to check at some point

welian

Instigator
We might also just allow straight-up HTML/CSS with extreme purification.
I remember some of the creative ways we broke pages when using HTML on the IPS software... The only other sites I can think of that are as flexible as RPN tend to be running MyBB. I'd be thrilled if you could pull off the HTML, but I'd also understand if it ends up being to much risk or too much work.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
I remember some of the creative ways we broke pages when using HTML on the IPS software... The only other sites I can think of that are as flexible as RPN tend to be running MyBB. I'd be thrilled if you could pull off the HTML, but I'd also understand if it ends up being to much risk or too much work.
IPS didn't handle purification well. We don't talk about those dark times.

/shudders.

neon reverie

ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇʀ ᴅɪsᴄɪᴘʟᴇ
ahh this really bums me out too, partly because the possibilities of the BB-code+ was what attracted me to rpn in the first place ( ngl )
but my heart really goes out to all the lovely and creative bb-coders who put so much energy and creativity into their amazing codes ';u; <3 <3

may we enjoy all the wonderful codes for a month still and look out to a new future, possibly with HTML !!

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
ahh this really bums me out too, partly because the possibilities of the BB-code was what attracted me to rpn in the first place ( ngl )
but my heart really goes out to all the lovely and creative bb-coders who put so much energy and creativity into their amazing codes ';u; <3 <3

may we enjoy all the wonderful codes for a month still and look out to a new future, possibly with HTML !!
As a note. BBcode is not going away. Just what we refer to as BBCode+. I realize now that we are talking about this, that the names are super confusing.

Purity

▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
Supporter
Wait, are div boxes a part of BBCode+? I thought they were a part of the standard BBCode.

Purity

▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
Supporter
They used to be, but during some time in the last 2 years, they got coupled into BBC+. I will be restoring that in a safe manner, ASAP.
Oh, I see. Will their functionality be changing at all? Will div boxes currently in posts that aren't dipping into BBC+ break in any way?

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Oh, I see. Will their functionality be changing at all? Will div boxes currently in posts that aren't dipping into BBC+ break in any way?
I think they all will when we turn BBCode+ off. It is quite possible but if we keep the same tag and the same acceptance of values in the tag, in theory it should work again once we properly support them again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)