• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Suggestion In Post Jump Links/Sub-Superscript

Alteras

The Sleepy Prisoner
Administrator
Supporter
Hello!

Seeing as how massive some posts can get, I was wondering if we can get jump links, kinda like the table of contents in wikipedia. I'm thinking that this would be useful for linking parts of the posts together that reference one another. Also, what happened to subscript and superscript?

-Alteras

For subscript and superscript, you have to use the [sub][/sub] and [sup][/sup] tags, respectively.

This issubscript
This issuperscript

This is[sub]subscript[/sub]
This is[sup]superscript[/sup]

Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly because it's coded to stay on the baseline, for some reason.

They're official now! Still not using the actual sub/superscript css options, but that's alright.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's probably just the site's problem.

For the in-post jumps, here's a slightly hacky solution:

Target

Link

Code:
Target[bg=transparent; visibility:hidden; padding:0; height:0][fa]soemaradnomstuf[fa]id=youruniquelinkhere[/fa][/fa][/bg]

[URL='https://www.rpnation.com/threads/in-post-jump-links-sub-superscript.318768/#youruniquelinkhere"']Link[/URL]

This basically works by setting up a target id and using a link to that id to jump there. The "soemaradnomstuf" part can be anything - it doesn't matter. The "youruniquelinkhere" must be unique, so you can't use the same target id on the same page. The URL link is just the page URL with, tacked onto the end, a '#', followed by the id, then a ". The quotation mark is important, and the thing won't work without it.

Updated for div boxes:

Code:
Target[div=font-size: 0;][fa]soemaradnomstuf[fa]id=youruniquelinkhere[/fa][/fa][/bg]

[URL='https://www.rpnation.com/threads/in-post-jump-links-sub-superscript.318768/#youruniquelinkhere"']Link[/URL]

Be aware that if you change the title of the thread or go onto a new page, you'll have to also change the links to match the new url.

UPDATE: This has been patched and no longer works.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm guessing that when given a non-unique ID, it'll just jump to the first instance.

let's try it out here!

Edit:
yep, it does

Fable Fable from what I understand was explained by the post and the subsequent xenforo page, the threadmark is a quick link for single posts? Doesn't quite let me jump around within the same post, but I will definitely use it in other instances.

Thank you!

Threadmark
Fable Fable from what I understand was explained by the post and the subsequent xenforo page, the threadmark is a quick link for single posts? Doesn't quite let me jump around within the same post, but I will definitely use it in other instances.

Thank you!
No, it does let you jump around within the same post :D Here, I am going to threadmark this post right here. At the top of the thread you'll see a threadmark drop down menu :D

Yeah, my brain caught up (not enough coffee hue). Back in HTML days we could use link anchors T_T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back