• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy In need of a creative outlet

Howdy, folks. I'm looking to collaborate with someone in a fantasy style RP. To get some basic stuff out of the way, for the sake of partner compatibility, I'd like my partner to be 18+. Like everyone else, I believe in quality over quantity. That being said, 4-6 paragraphs per post (500+ words) at least keeps me more engaged. I can certainly write more than that when inspired, especially when more characters are involved, so that's not set in stone. I'm looking for a partner that also enjoys worldbuilding and fleshing out characters. I tend towards writing male main characters, but I'm open to whatever pairings.

Below are a couple very simple starter plots that I like to think are open-ended. If there are details about it you don't like, they can be changed! Especially the details about your character. I'm interested in hearing any of your ideas. We can plan things out, or plot as we go. These can all be as dark as you want them to be and as lighthearted as you want it to be. Platonic stories are fine, queer pairings of all sorts, etc. I'm always looking to be a better writer and try new things. If there's something you're into, don't be shy about letting me know.

1.) Character A is a demon servant, bound to serve a magic family full of dark secrets and a great amount of power. Character B's life has been shrouded in secrecy since birth. Adopted by human parents, they have often had strange, inexplicable things happen to them. One day, Character B receives a sudden visit from Character A, explaining that they are the last in the bloodline. Character B inherits not only a great wealth, but a demon servant, a mysterious house, magical items, and a great number of people out to get them. - For this one, I'd prefer to play Character A. I'm conflicted about the kind of setting I'd like for this, though.

2.) Another thought was something like a Hades/Persephone scenario. I'd like to play a demigod (or similar) who meets a mortal and is impressed by a kind deed or accomplishment. After becoming gradually obsessed, your character could be captured, asked to renounce their family/humanity, etc. Perhaps they are rewarded with great power of their own. This one is more of an experimental concept, so it's rough around the edges, but I'd be interested in hearing any ideas you'd have to build off of it. I'm against controlling other people's characters, but there would be an uneven power dynamic at first, so keep that in mind.

3.) In an attempt to improve relations, the royals of two opposing cultures arrange for their second-born children to be married. Tension arises when our characters come to realize just how incompatible their races are. For this one, I'm thinking things such as merfolk, centaurs, fauns, faeries, demons... something high fantasy. This could be as dark or as lighthearted as you want it to be, and as platonic as you want it to be.

4.) It's probably because I'm getting a load of ads for Raya and the Last Dragon, but I'm craving to play a dragon/shapeshifter kind of character. My basic starter idea for this was a dragon approaches a lone traveler, and promises a great reward of power/treasure in return for help with navigation/translation/magic/etc. I've done similar RPs with this concept before and loved it. To keep them together for the long term, perhaps your character could be cursed/transformed themselves, captured, or they could become magically bonded together in some way. Definitely not a fleshed-out idea, just something I'm in the mood for, and we'll add our own touches on the way.

So if any of this strikes your fancy, shoot me a private message. Don't be shy about any of your ideas, I'm interested in hearing them. (:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back