In Game

Tiberius stood by her side as they walked, soon discovering that her steps were about just as silent as his, even though her whole body, except for that shining crystal, was made out of metal. On the other hand, the pads on his own feet too were hard and the claws would scratch the ground as he moved if it weren’t for him having spent many hours a day for years practicing a quiet walk and run. One would consider both incapable of learning this skill and yet, here were two exceptions.

He was starting to get more and more suspicious of that Hunter's words. Every one of the passengers he had seen so far seemed somewhat out of the norm. It wasn’t only that they all were examples of very rare races. They were all just not what one would call the best representative of their home planets. First, a partially augmented Dorogan apparently gone rogue, then a Siklaid fox with wings, a pair of blobs he practically knew nothing about, a female made out of crystals he hadn’t really encountered enough to know their race, an unusually colored Kryx and now a completely mechanized, yet stealthy, Undyien.

Hearing her reaction regarding his acts of vigilantism, Tiberius harrumphed and shook his head, clearly amused but disapproving with the argument. “Interesting is the last thing I’d call my current occupation. I’m just trying to help those out that can’t help themselves, but the few successes are far from enough to outweigh all the failures along the way. he explained. “And I suppose that’s the project that got you...” he struggled with finding the right terminology “augmented? I don’t remember your people looking quite as mechanized.” He decided not to say anything further as this might be a sensitive topic neither he nor she would like to go into detail of.

Luckily, she seemed to be getting distracted with his previous questions about the purpose of the crystals. He followed her hand as she raised one of them up above their heads towards the dimmed sun, making the precious stone, once part of someone’s skull, shine up, similarly to the living one on her forehead. “I get why people would want them added to their collection. They are beautiful but you’re right. They aren’t jewelry or whatever people would use them for. That would be like digging up a grave and putting bones on your walls, which most would find disgusting. And yet, doing the same to something that looks like a gem, it isn’t.” he said, supporting her opinion. “I, too, have seen horns, scutes, scales, even teeth of Gehennians sold and used as decorations. Yet, a lot of people have never seen the living counterparts and don’t have a clue about what they’re actually buying. I think the sellers, on the other hand, know exactly what they’re getting themselves into.” Just imagining the things he had seen in markets around the galaxy, he shuddered, making those same mentioned scutes running from his head down to his tail slightly stand up before laying flat again. 

“But would you really come all the way here just to find yet another trader selling these? You’re a long way from home and the forgiving way you’re going at it, you’re just not leaving a lasting message for the rest out there.” Tiberius had made a point that he approved to her cause, trying to soften her up a bit through honesty, and was asking her this particular question not so much because he cared about how the cyborg spent her free time and credits, but in order to try and obtain some more information or clues about why the Odyssey was here and where it was actually headed next. These guys just seemed way too fitting to one another to be just some random travellers to the Outer Rim.

@Dominaiscna

Glak did not push the subject of Caels job any further after the two began rummaging through a rather puny looking pile of spare parts for Exodus ships. That was one thing Cael like about Cardaleon's people, no one wanted to be in each others business. If the conversation turned to "you don't need to know" than the safe bet was it would get you killed if you knew, so most just let it be. Glak was no different. So he and Cael began pushing through the piles of spar couplings and tubing trying to find enough spare parts incase something went wrong on The Odyssey. 

As the pair sorted through the pile of parts, Glak took a moment to perform yet another of his "efficient" talents and split himself into two different Glaks. The skill wasn't hard for an Ominplight, the ability to split one's self up into many pieces was easy for a giant sentient ball of ooze. Instead of the 6 foot tall Glak, he became 2, 3' foot tall Glaks. While one helped pull pieces from the pile with Cael, the other went and began filling canisters with the necessary fluids that Cael required. Every now and then a snake like tendril would return from the hangar and rejoin the mass that was Glak from its sweep of the bugs on the ship. 

Within an hour, Cael had a small crate full of repair pieces, enough fluids to last the ship for the journey, and two 4" Glaks following him towards the lift to the cargo hold. One of the Glaks was pushing a hoovercart full of canisters of fluids, the other was pushing a crate of food that had been delivered from the place Roslyn had visited. Cael made a mental note that he would need to thank her for taking care of that so that he could focus on the parts. The three of them pushed the carts onto the lift and Cael his the switch to begin raising them. As they ascended into the ship, the Glak with the canisters reached to the side s of the tubes and retrieved a small lock box and handed towards Cael.

"I trader cameb in not to long ago and traded thessse for repairsss. I have no ussse for them, bhut you might. Consssider it a gift, all of the ressst I exssspect paymentsss for."

Cael raised an eyebrow to Glak and took the lock box. Inside was a set of 5 wrist comlinks, of pretty decent quality too. He picked up one of the little wristlets and began poking around with it for a moment or two before he placed it back into the case and moved the crate of supplies into the holding bay. 

"Preciate the "gift" Glak, but you and I both know you don't ever give something up without a reason. One of the many reason's you're the best scrapper on this planet. So what do you want."

The sound of Glak's pump was the only thing that could be heard for a moment before the two halfs of Glak slide closer and rejoined to form one and turned to face Cael. 

"Sssharp as ever Hunter. Letsss jussst sssay you owe me a free jobuh?"

Cael smirked at the box and gave it a thump before he nodded to Glak in agreeance. He didn't like owing people, but Glak was one of the few who he could tolerate it for a time after everything he had done for Cael. 

The two hours had dwindled down to 15 minutes in what felt like a heartbeat. Once Glak and Cael had secured the supplies and cargo aboard the ship, Glak helped with a quick check on the life support systems, and light drive, and a few other systems before they were ready to head out. Hopefully those who had left the ship and intended to return would be back soon, otherwise, they were on their own. 

@Ch3rryBlossom28 @Bolts @Lioness075 @Flutterby

As the small market place hustled and bustled about, a figure Wrapped head to toe in a tanish clothing that covered everything from head to toe, made its way around to the various stalls looking over odds and ends here and there but not really seeming to interested in the items for sale themselve. The figure was much more interested in a "person" rather than shopping. They never made it obvious that they were watching, rather they kept their back to their target and listened over the noise to as much as they could her. They left the comfort of a stall the sat besides a precious gem seller and slowly crept from stall to stall listening. When the second party member coaxed a name out of the first, the figure seemed to start a bit at the mention of the name and backed off. The figure began to backpedal a bit before turning and disappearing down an alleyway between two shops. It reached for an item on the belt wrapped around its waste, retrieving a com link and began speaking into with a rushed dialect. Not much could be made out, but the one thing that could be made out was the name of who she had been eavesdropping on. 

"Project Artemis...."

The figure continued down the alleyway until it turned and was gone. 

@Dominaiscna  @Darkeina

Last edited by a moderator:
Glo'cer didn't feel the passage of time as he worked on getting the trackers to a well enough position to work. They were always moving around every so slightly on the universal map on the tablet. He wanted efficiency to the maximum it could be. If fine tuning for each one was needed, so be it. His had throbbed from the constant use of his liquid. It seemed these trackers were very well made and exceptionally hard to rework. Still, he didn't let the pain get to him. It was better than being tested on back on his home planet. With the last tracker nearly done, he found himself humming. He stopped the action immediately once he caught on. A terrible habit that made no sense to him. It always seemed to surface while messing with new tech.

Yes.. Very nice. They seem to be in working order. He said marveling at his work. too bad no one should know about this. Surly they would find it fascinating. The only question now... How to get them on everyone. He thought of each person on the makeshift crew so far. Each had a skill that made it hard for him to get close without complication. He couldn't force it on them, it would be too obvious. Sneaking up on a few of them was also very hard. Nu and Lara in particular had keen hearing and would know he was approaching. If he could get a hold of Cael's arm or foot, it would be easy to bug. Artimis... That was a strange thing to think of. He never messed with organic robotics. It reminded himself a little too much of unpleasant deeds done to him. Rosalyn was an interesting one as well. It was hard to bug a crystal. Much too obvious. The other half of her perhaps, but if she were to find out, he would most likely end up being a puddle on the floor.... He needed to plan a  long game. Even if it took a while. Bugging a few was better than none. He also just bugged the ship. No one would think of it. In his eyes, they didn't think that far into the future. 

He got up from his bed, clearing off the bits he was working with. Placing the bugs and tablet into a pouch at his side, he looked to take a stroll around the ship as a whole now. No searching for bugs, no fast get away. He just wanted to see what was up with this ship. Going to the drivers area, he looked at the buttons and leavers. They were all off, the screens bare. He found the mic to the ships intercoms. How old fashion. Surly an upgrade is in order soon. How long as Cael had this equipment for? he said through the intercoms with genuine interest. He didn't even flinch at his own words getting carried around. He was too enticed by how different his ship was. 

"Whatever." Rosalyn muttered under her breath as the lizard like man walked away. She turned and looked at Glocier with a confused face when he started saying numbers. Her eyebrow raised as if asking what he was talking about.  When he mentioned hew was going back inside to his sleeping quarters Rosalyn's eyes went wide. She had yet to get one for herself and she refused to share with another.

After acknowledging what Glo'cer said, Rosalyn followed after Glocier back onto the ship. While following Glo'cer to the rooms, Rosalyn felt her stomach start to rumble. She couldn't remember the last time she ate and from what Cael said it seemed like she was going to have to wait even longer to eat since the rations she ordered would be the only food supply they had till they reached another planet. Even knowing that there were not rations onboard, Rosalyn split off from Glo'cer and wondered around till she found what she presumed was the kitchen on board and looked around for any sign of food. Seeing nothing she sighed and returned back once she came and headed towards the sleeping quarters.

Seeing one door closed she assumed that was the one Glo'cer was in. She opened the door to the room next to his and found it empty. [COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]For now.[/COLOR] She walked in, closing the door behind her, and headed over to the bed on the left. She un strapped her blaster from her back, carefully placing it on the bed. Next she un hooked her katana and leaned it against the wall. While onboard the ship Rosalyn felt fairly confident that she could handle anything these people throw at her with just her body. She didn't want to be schlepping it around unless she had to. Rosalyn took a seat on the bed and stared at the other empty one across from her. She was really hoping no one would take it. Sharing a room with someone put her on edge. Growing up she never had too and on her travels the only time she had was when she was in need of some...company when she was lonely. Sighing she flopped backwards on her bed. She stared up at the ceiling for only a few moments before her eyes started to close and she fell asleep. It was a long day after all.

As the Gehennian took in her words and replied to them, Artemis took the chance to suntly observe Tiberius from under her pale lashes. It was strange really how curious and friendly he was being towards her when usually creatures would avoid her due to the intimidating aura that hung around her and her augmented body and the cyborg wondered what he was really trying to acheive from all of this. After all, once she left with the rest of the group, she doubted that she'd see the Gehennian ever again.

Then again, she had lots of time left to do nothing. There was no harm in playing a bit. 

At Tiberius's words about his occupation, Artemis could only laugh lightly before saying in a teasing tone, "I joke, i joke ... Shadow, if I can call you by that? But really, it is rather interesting... it's not often one meets a vigilante especially out in these parts of the galaxu."  To this, the cyborg flashed him a curious smile, "So what is someone like you doing all the way out here? The creatures here... they're not the type of nice folk who will kindly accept help or appreciate the effort for that matter.

As the Gehennian mentioned about her body, the Cyborg cast him an amused look as he carefully picked his words around the topic of her being... not like the average Gwathian.  "Project....you been me being a cyborg? Yeah... it's something like that.." she trailed off vaguely, but not intentionally. For some reason, Artemis felt like they were beinging watched... or at least she was. Tilting her head down slightly, she cast a wary glance around at their surroundings and found herself moving, slowly, but away from the area.

Tiberius had continued talking but he didnt have the cyborg's attention anymore, not completely anyway. Something about selling scales and bones on display... Keeping her eyes scanning their surroundings, she caught sight of a figure hidden under wraps dart out of sight around the corner. Whoever it was... were they stalking her? If so... it couldn't mean anything good... perhaps she should head back to the hangar and report to the Dorogan?

Sensing thay no one else was following them, Artemis relaxed a bit just as the Gehennian asked his last question. He sure was curious... so curious that it was becoming slightly suspicious. Grinning slightly, the cyborg decided to play around with him for a bit more and keep Tiberius in the dark for as long as she could. "Perhaps I will.. perhaps I won't ... i honestly don't know," she mused wifh a secretive smile on her face, "I doubt I'll be back for a while now. Afterall, I have something really important to do. Something that I'm sure will prove to be quite fun too!" 

Leaving it at that, Artemis started heading towards the hangar again, gesturing for Tiberius to follow. She wouldn't enter, not with him on her trail after all, but perhaps being closer to the group would be wise. 

@Darkeina @zCrookedz

Having secured the supplies of parts and canisters, Cael and Glak where heading for the loading bay door when something over the intercoms made them stop. Cael recognized the voice instantly, and for a moment he was a bit concerned with why he was in the cockpit of his ship. He was fairly certain he had just wandered in and the com had been left on, so he brushed it off and turned to go back to unloading the hover carts. But in the split second it took Cael to dismiss the remark, to the second after when he realised Glak was with im on the ship, the giant anthropomorphic blob had disapeared into the floor below without a word. Cael released a sigh of exasperation and turned back towards the cockpit. 

Glak knew this ship better than anyone. His body's slipped and slid through the floor piping all the way to the cockpit. His pump slid along with the rest of his body, being guided through big enough holes as it was not actually part of Glak's body. When he finally approached the cockpit, he slowly began to ooze out of the floor behind the Solidus who was examining the cockpits equipment with a rather scrupulous eye. FInally his pump emerged from within his body and a fixed itself to his "face". After a short sound that sounded like an in hail from the device, Glak leaned forward towards the Solidus. If he had facial features to actually express features, they would be that of perplexed. 

"You are a very meticulous creature Mr. Sssolidusss. I would Be warey of any further commentsss about my ssship however. Though itsss equipment might be older, it will last longer than any of the empire'sss best capital vessssles. I sssaw to that, persssonally."

@Bolts

Nu uncorked the flask and took a sip. A rumble sounded in her throat after she swallowed. Even though it was probably the poorest quality wine she had ever tasted, it still tasted like home, like the berries that grew only in Via. Had it been a little better, she probably would have been able to identify the berry, and thus the sub-planet it came from, but she had a feeling it had been mixed, which was why it was so bad.

All that aside, she took another sip and hummed softly as she felt warmth spreading across her porpoise-like skin.

Ahead of her, she caught sight of the robot-lady, Artemis, being followed by an unfamiliar form of another unfamiliar species. The Kryx caught up to the pair, giving Tiberius a long, blank look. "I didn't know we were all'owed the 'plus ones,' Artemis," She said, corking her bottle and glancing between the two of them. If Artemis knew this being, how did he(?) end up here? We found out they were coming here only minutes before doing so, and we've only been here for two hours. Did Artemis send for him? Is it some kind of set up?

The corner of her mouth twitched downward, flashing a distrustful expression for a fraction of a second before Nu caught it and returned to fixed neutrality. "If you bring him aboard, you're the one sharing a room with 'im."  She added with a shrug, boarding the ship ahead of them and heading toward her quarters.

@Dominaiscna@Darkeina

(also anybody else)

Having spent an arduous amount of time among the market stalls, almost desperate near the end to find some good soil for her small greenhouse, Larassa was greatly disappointed to find nothing to work with here. With her ears flat against her head and a clearly irritated expression, Larassa left the stalls behind with a few buckets stacked and in her arms while one shoulder had a hose wrapped around it. In the buckets were quite a few trinkets, odds and ends of electronics as well as some screws and wiring, all of which she was planned on using to make a self-sustaining watering system. She'd made a more intricate one before with better tools and equipment, but she'd have to make due with what she could find on this godforsaken planet.

While on her way back to the hangar, Larassa paused briefly at the sight of Artemis, Lizard from the fight with Cael, and Nu. Frowning slightly at the sight of Lizard alone, Larassa huffed to herself before continuing on to the hangar and making sure to stay as far away from that trio as possible. She didn't like Lizard after he threatened her pilot and she still felt weird around Artemis. A cyborg was incredibly foreign to Larassa considering her tribal background, and she didn't like unnatural beings like that. Robotics were one thing Larassa planned on never getting close to. 

Once back inside the hangar, Larassa was just in time to see Cael rushing onto The Odyssey before she causally walked onboard herself. Not entirely keen on joining Cael in whatever mess he was dealing with now, she instead made her way to the room she'd decided on before and dropped off everything she'd bought. Negotiating was so easy when you were armed and people were greedy cowards.

Settling down inside the room for the time being, Larassa went to work creating her water system and then setting up the few buckets she'd bought across the room. She doubted she could buy some simple tables just for this room and get them onboard without Cael raising an eyebrow at the sight, so she settled for having to kneel down to each bucket. Larassa could only hope that their next stop was a lusher planet. It wasn't like she'd have to pay for the soil, she could just take her buckets outside and fill them up one-by-one.

Satisfied with her work for the time being, Larassa exited the soon-to-be greenhouse, which happened to be conveniently close by to the sleeping quarters. Realizing she hadn't claimed a bed yet, Larassa passed by the first closed door, since she assumed someone might be inside, and then paused by the second closed door when she heard a sigh inside, her right ear flickering this way and that. Curious to know who had claimed one of the beds before she chose another room and potentially another bunkmate, Larassa cautiously opened the door to see Rosalyn nodding off in the bed she'd claimed. Her eyes immediately moved to take in the sight of Rosalyn's katana, which made Larassa raise an eyebrow. Such an old style of fighting, though Larassa's style was certainly to be considered old, too. A bow and two daggers wasn't much of a challenge, or so many would think.

Knowing Rosalyn had been the most irritated by her before, Larassa merely grinned before fluffing up her feathers a bit, causing a feather or two to drift to the floor, before she suddenly exclaimed, "Ah, my new bunkmate!"

Keeping the grin on her face, Larassa then entered the room and shut the door behind herself before going to the other bed, taking off her new gas mask, knapsack, quiver, bow, and utility belt which held her two daggers among other things. Putting it all on her bed, Larassa then went to work moving the bigger items underneath the bed while she looped the belt over one corner end of the bed and the gas mask on the other end. Rubbing her muzzle a bit, Larassa made a face briefly at the discomfort the gas mask had brought her despite the usefulness of being able to breathe with ease on this planet as a result. Win some, lose some.

Ignoring the fact that Rosalyn had been trying to sleep, Larassa then huffed before sitting on her new bed and eyeing Rosalyn, who likely had an irritated expression by now.

"So, vat did ye do today?"

Pausing briefly, Larassa immediately cut in, "Vell, I managed to find most of vat I need fer my future greenhouse on zis ship. Ze soil he'e is horrible so I'll hafe to get some elsewhere."

@Ch3rryBlossom28

Tiberius would have been a fool if he didn’t notice the cyborg getting nervous, looking around and behind them while he talked. He turned his head towards her, but in reality, he too looked behind his shoulder to try and see what had caught Artemis’ attention. However, he wasn’t able to spot anything suspicious as by that time, the figure had already slipped into the shadows of the alley. He asked himself what this reaction from her side must have been all about, right before focusing back on his walking companion’s question. “There aren't enough of us anywhere in the galaxy, to begin with, so I'm not overly surprised that you haven't seen a lot of people like myself. I'm here probably for the same reason as you - looking for a job, doing some good deeds, that kind of things. Unfortunately, mine wasn't as successful as yours back then. Wasn't a total failure either, though.” he said with a shrug, purposely avoiding mentioning the exact reason why he was here. He imagined she wouldn’t be too pleased to know he was actually after the crew of the Odyssey, which she seemed to be part of, even as just a passenger at the moment.

At the mention of something fun, yet important, she was going to do after she left this planet, made him wonder what that could be. His curiosity was nagging at him to find out. He had to think his next question very carefully over, as he could feel that the cyborg was getting suspicious of him. She was nervously looking back, as if sensing someone else’s presence behind them, then suddenly changed her attitude and acting relaxed, giving him smiles he couldn't decipher on her mechanical face, combining them with indirect answers, which only sharpened his curiosity. It was almost like she had seen through his game of guessing and questioning and was now turning the game around to her advantage.

Her change of direction, back towards the hanger, and then the signal for him to follow, confirmed his suggestion that she didn't trust him enough to turn her back on him or go on any further in his company. He didn't blame her for feeling that way. Tiberius had come out of nowhere and had started talking to her and asking questions, even though he had no reason for that behavior. They didn't even know each other. If he had been in the same situation, he would have acted in a similar manner.

“Fun important task? Now that’s a combination I haven’t heard in a while. he replied teasingly. “Might I ask what this task would consist of or is it some sort of big secret?” Just as he had asked this, another of the passengers he had seen leave the Odyssey, the oddly colored Kryx, approached them, bearing a deadpan expression as it spoke to Artemis, right after giving him a bad look and heading towards the ship as well. “I wasn’t exactly looking for a way off this planet just yet, but thanks for the offer. he said, even though the Kryx didn’t seem to pay much attention to him anyways.

@Dominaiscna @Flutterby

Glo'cer had placed the intercom down. He still did not give attention to the fact he had just said something throughout the entire ship. He laid his eyes on the guidance system and screens that would alert if things were breaking in the ship. Though old, the guidance system was actually that of a better make than most. Something that was reliable when unable to afford the high quality versions. Though he did not personally own the set, he still had respect for the creators idea for prolonged use. He would be fine with it if they were unable to upgrade. He wasn't even sure if a new one would configure to the ship unless they did a complete overhaul. With a light sigh, he took a step back. He gazed upon the cockpit as a whole. Everything was still set up with the thought of ease. A moment later, his concentration was broken. Glak was overshadowing him and in some ways threatening the Solidus. The solidus took a few seconds to think things through. He caught the tension that Glak had brought. He was confused at how the Omniplight had even overheard him. I meant no offence, Mr. Glak. I was merely reminiscing about my old ship. I was up to date with tomorrows tech but due to current circumstances I am traveling on this ship for the foreseeable future. He said with calculating tone. I can see this craft was made with care. Things are set up for peak proficiency. It is new to see such old tech used so efficiently. Truly, you are quite the creator. For that I applaud you. Surly though, you must understand my side of view. "Lasting longer" is nice in the grand scheme of things, but to compete is also handy. I'm not saying all at once, nor at this moment. I am simply looking to the future of what this craft may deal with. He gazed the room once more, curling his fingers closely to his lower jaw. Who knows though. There is a 20% chance, that whatever mysteries this ship will deal with, wont know how to counter old tech.  

Glo'cer took a step to the side of Glak. The Omniplight's mass took up nearly all the room of the exit to the hall. I won't bother you anymore with my thoughts. It seems work is almost done. Should you require me to do anything, I would oblige. Perhaps I could learn something new. As I said, it takes mighty skill to make this ship run so well. Should you need any program work, I could be of assistance. Glo'cer internally hoped Glak would cease his low-key oppressiveness. In all honesty, he truly did want to see if any knew methods of ship maintenance could be learned. If a bucket of bolts could out last Dorogan ships, then something special must happen under the hood. 

@zCrookedz

As they walked, Artemis kept silent but, with the potential stalker out of the area, her full attention was on Tiberius and what he was saying. She kept to a few steps in front of him, but kept her tilted slightly to the one side so that she could keep the Gehennian in her peripheral vision. No harm in being a little cautious. From the way he seemed to be watching her, she could only guess that he had picked up on her suspicions and turning of the tables and, as expected, he was just as vague and careful with his words. Really, curiosity burned like a cold fire in the cyborg as she wondered just what the creature was up to.

"Ah really, you're looking for a job?" the Gwathian mused, casting a curious look over her shoulder at him. He could take it as her being genuinely curious and surprised... or suspicious. She wouldn't know till she had heard his response. "I feel so bad... You're spending precious time talking to a stranger... like me when you could be doing something constructive. I should feel flattered, " Artemis murmured in a monotonous voice that made it seem that her feelings were quite the opposite of her words. Blame it on the robotics. Fixing the Gehennian with her questioning eyes, the cyborg turned away after a second, looking at the path ahead towards the Hangar as she continued to speak, "But pray tell, what do I owe to such a pleasurable and.. coincidental meeting?" It wasn't often that she used uncommon or flowery language, and even less knew of such phrases, but Artemis had it in her data banks for some reason and had only her old self to thank for it.

The broken-down spaceship hangar loomed over them as Tiberius teased lightly about what her job was. The cyborg grinned softly and replied in just as light and teasing of a tone, "Fun... Important yes. I do love my fun after all and so, it wouldn't be as nice if I just told you what my task is, now would it?" Putting a finger to her lips, Artemis continued, "You'll just have to find out. Perhaps oneday.. " 

Once they were in the vicinity of the Hangar, Artemis came to a halt just as Nu came into sight near the Odyssey. Not far behind the Kryx, the Gwathian spotted Larassa heading back to the ship. It looked like everyone was preparing to pack up and go. She was right on time then! Artemis was about to ask Nu about how much time they had left just to make sure, but the female had already started speaking wearing something like a poker face. Her next words brought a chuckle to the Cyborg's lips. So Nu had thought that she knew the strange man who had introduced himself as Shadow? Plus-ones... how funny. She couldn't even bring along a guest even if she wanted to. Besides the huge lack of time and communication, Artemis had no connections outside of Devini. Even there, she had no one to call. It was always just her... ever since she left that lab.. 

Before she knew it, Nu had left them and returned back to the Odyssey. She snapped out of her thoughts just Tiberius spoke with words directed at the Kryx who probably hadn't heard them.. and if she did with her 2 pairs of ears and sharp hearing, Artemis doubted that she would reply. Turning slightly to the Gehennian, the cyborg cast him a curious look. " 'just yet'?" The way he spoke, it suggested that he had no ride or any form of interplanetary transportation, but he must've come on some form of ship ... with the planet as his goal. People didn't go out into the middle of nowhere to the deserted, patchy wasteland of Cardoleon for job hunting. From what she'd seen of the planet, it wasn't the friendliest of places with lots of opportunities and there should be better hunting grounds near the Gehennian's home planet. 

"What happened to your ride, Shadow?"

@Darkeina @Flutterby @Lioness075

Rosalyn jerked awake at the sudden intrusion in the room. She glared at the furball that had dared to enter her room and claim the other bed. "New bunk mate my ass. Go to another room." Rosalyn already didn't want to share a room with anyone, least of all Lara. She flopped her head back on the bed and  watched her unpack all her stuff with and irritated face. When the woman went to sit on the bed and continued to talk to her, Rosalyn's eyes closed to try and shut her out. When she couldn't and Lara started talking about her greenhouse, Rosalyn growled and slammed her crystallized fist on the wall next to her, causing it to crack. 

"You can have ANY of the other rooms. Why don't you go do that?" Rosalyn couldn't believe this cresture. She had the audacity for wake her up from her slumber and now she thought she deserved to share a room with her? Rosalyn sat back up and continued to glare at Lara, her non crystallized hand sat on the blaster siting next to her. Rosalyn was exhausted and annoyed, two things you never wanted a Srin to be at once. 

@Lioness075

Glak listened intently to the Solidus speak of his own ship. In the end, the giant blob new the Solidus ment nothing by his remark, and Glak's defensiveness of his project seemed to quell. Glak gazed over the room once more before turning his attention back to Glocer and nodding slightly to him. 

"Sssomthing lossst among the sstarsss thessse dayss isss that a ssship can be very pretty, but not very reliable. A ssship that isss old, and can ssstill keep up or sssurpasss the new oness, isss a ssship that isss quite "handy"."

It was then that Glak's head tilted a bit quizzingly at Glocer and he began to reach out towards Glocers pouch. Obviously not very concerned with personal space, or others belongings, Glak reached for the tablet that was sticking out of the pouch at his side and removed it with relative ease. Glak flipped the tablet over, simply by rotating the slime that created his wrist backwards, and hovered over the cracked screen for a few moments before. Slowly, his hand began to envelop the tablet for a moment until it was completely gone within a rectangular shape of slime. 

"Thingsss that are old, are ssstil very much usefull."

After only a second, the slime retracted away from the tablet and Glak was handing it back to Glocer. Where there had been a crack distorting the screen slightly, was now completely solid. The tablet looked as good as if C-Virus had bought it brand new, clean and repaired. 

As Glak handed back the tablet to C-Virus, Cael came around the corner of the hallway leading to the cockpit. He stopped only a few feet from Glak and Glocer when there was a resounding THUD that sounded like it came from the upper decks of the crew quarters. Cael swore under his beard and pushed past Glak and C-Virus, giving the tablet a glance before nodding to C-Virus.

"Glak must like you. First time I called this ship a piece of crap, he nearly took off my head with a lead pipe."

Cael reached across the control console of the captain's seat and grabbed hold of the com link. He stuck it up before his mouth and with a bit of a agitated tone, calle dout to whoever had made that noise. 

"Oy! I better not find any dents in my ship people! We got about 10 minutes before we are heading out, make sure you got everything on board by then." 

Cael Put the com back on its stand on the console and immediately began to prep the ship for launch. He gave Glak a quick glance and then C-Virus before heading back towards the lounge. "Come on Glak, lets get you and your carts off before we get outta here." 
Glak nodded to C-Virus one last time before following Cael towards the loading door and lowering himself and the carts onto the ground below. Cael and he pushed the carts across the hangar towards the far wall. Glak turned to Cael and held out a slimy hand, which Cael scoffed and began digging into his pockets. He retrieved a handful of hard credits, he didn't trust the card system, and slapped a hand full of credits in the slime covered hand. The two took the moment, and shook hands like gentlemen, before Cael retracted his own hand the credits having disapeared into the hand. 
"Take care of yerself swamp breath."
"Bring my ssship back in one piece, Mr. Hunter."

Cael tipped his hat to Glak, and turned back towards his ship to retract the loading elevator and finish preparing the ship. 

@Bolts @Lioness075  @Darkeina @Flutterby  @Dominaiscna @Ch3rryBlossom28

Tiberius watched her relax again and tried to figure out what the cause for her continuous change of emotions was. Was she really suspicious of him, or were her cyborg systems just acting up? Her reactions didn’t entirely mirror her words and he knew too little about these manmade creations to read her body language the same as he did with actual living and breathing creatures. As far he knew, these artificial intelligence were capable of having a lie detector installed on them as well, so he wouldn’t be too surprised if the cyborg was currently performing some scans on him. Not that such software would bother him. So far, he was telling the truth, believing that this would get him further, than trying to come up with lies.

“Don’t. It’s a pleasure to finally have a casual conversation with someone that doesn’t have anything to do with any assignment.” Indeed, he hadn’t spoken more than just a couple of words to anyone for many weeks or even months, even though he had started this conversation to find more about the Odyssey. He was feeling lonely and had, in fact, started talking to himself while he was traveling over long distances just to hear someone’s voice and not go entirely crazy from being all by himself all this time. “And, what can I say, I suppose it’s in my nature to investigate any trouble I come by.” It wouldn’t be the first time he had also made a profit from helping someone out and who knew, maybe this person could not only have been enough trustful to reveal some secrets about the ship, but also had some credits to spare, which it didn't turn out to be the case of. Tiberius only had enough to spend on a roof over his head and food for a couple of days, or on a single short trip to the nearest planet, so not much.

The vigilante had really hoped for a bit more information on that job she had mentioned than merely another riddle to make him even more curious and daring in his choices of words. But there wasn’t much time left for any additional questions. All the passengers he had seen leave, were now heading back for the Odyssey and he could hear the engines starting inside the hanger, indicating for all that were still outside to get in or get left behind, including Artemis.

At the mention of his missing ride, Tiberius looked in the direction where he had come from and spotted the thin line of smoke still rising, as there was no one willing enough to go put the fire out, as long as it didn’t reach any of the buildings. “I may have overestimated my piloting skills against a bunch of pirates.” He said before turning his attention back to Artemis. “But don’t worry about me. There’s plenty for me to do here before I get so bored that I decide to leave.” Now that was a lie and a bad one at that. No one really came to spend quality time in a place like this and there wasn’t much a vigilante could do to help either. The people who had chosen this planet as their home would rather kill him and steal his stuff than accept his help. “You should go now. Your pals seem to be taking off soon.” He reminded her and nodded towards the hanger where the Odyssey was still docked.

This conversation had given him little to no information about what they were really off to, but he wasn’t giving up entirely so soon either. Tiberius could still feel something was very off about what the Dorogan and the Omniplight had both told him. Artemis mentioning about some fun important job just made that feeling worse. The only option left for him to find more about all of this was to somehow get on that ship and eavesdrop on their conversations. But in order to do that, he had to get this Gwathian out of his way and still have enough time to slip inside before all his entrances were closed off.

@Dominaiscna

Larassa chuckled to herself when Rosalyn responded to her bunkmate comment. While Larassa wasn't keen on sharing rooms with anyone, she was finding this all too much fun to try and find her own room now. Who knew Sparkles could be so irritated so easily?

Continuing to grin, Larassa blinked when Rosalyn suddenly punched the wall near her with immense frustration.

Chuckling now, Larassa responded, "But zis vone is so nice!"

Raising an eyebrow at the damaged wall and then overhearing Cael complaining about ship damage, Larassa mused, "Vat did zat vall eve' do to ye?"

Titling her head slightly to the right to get a better view, Larassa then noted the hand on a blaster and she immediately raised up her two hands, more like paws, before saying, "Woah, calm down, will ye? I'm just joking around, Sparkles."

Smirking after proclaiming Sparkles' new name, Larassa tensed slightly, ready to dodge to the side if she really needed to.

@Ch3rryBlossom28

Glo'cer waited patiently, if be it a little nervous. Though he knew of Omniplights, he didn't know the nature of them. This was the closest he had be near one and if he had learned anything from other's mistakes, it was getting close to a knew species. By the change in Glak's tone, it seemed he had calmed down in a sense. This moment allowed Glo'cer to relax internally as though he had just defused a bomb. In his off guarded state, he was suprised by Glak's sudden movement to him. He froze up unsure what to do. A Solidus Instincts were lacking. Usually they didn't even care for such actions towards them. Glo'cer wasn't like normal Solidus, however, his mind was trying to figure out whether to use fight or flight. All he ended up being was a deer in headlights. He watched Glak take his tablet which threw him for a loop. Had he seen the trackers and was taking precaution? Was he about to be blackmailed? Glo'cer's mind was swimming with ideas and speculation but nothing coherent was forming. He dreaded when he got this way. The cold, calculating exterior was shattered for a few moments, reviling a frightened creature inside. Still, he watched with awe as the Omniplight spoke cryptic words and seemingly fixed his tablet. Glo'cer was weary to take it back yet he needed it for work. With careful hands, he brought the tablet close to his person. 

To his surprise, Cael joined a second later. He didn't jump in his spot though he did watch him intently. He didn't know how much the Dorogan had seen. Hearing things could have gone worse, Glo'cer was glad the events turned out as they did. With the attention off of him, he managed to regain his composure into the walking percent calculator he was. He watched the two leave him in the cockpit to finish work. Once by himself, Glo'cer turned his attention to the tablet. Running his fingers along the screen, he felt no bumps, groove, or sign of repair. It was as if nothing had ever used the hardware before. He looked to where Glak had been only to view nothing but air. How fascinating. Perhaps his body allows Microscopic vibrations to rejoin matter? Or maybe his body can harden into a high density flexible substance? Further research will be advised once this mission is out of the way. Though I can't help but feel I am missing a life lesson. He said allowed. In actuality, he did understand the lesson Glak was trying to say for the most part. He just wouldn't give him the satisfaction if he was still listening in. Or anyone for that matter. He wouldn't change his ways with just a few words. If that were to happen, the what kind of simpleton would he be? No, it would take thought and time for him to truly change from a 30 second interaction. He would learn from it however. There surly was some take aways from it. 

Glo'cer didn't spend too much in the cockpit after the interaction. He needed time to rest as well. Knowing they would take off soon would only mean they would end up stopping again later on. He needed to plan on bugging the crew as well as get shut eye. He would rather not suffer the side effects his kind had when they didn't rest their bodies. He walked down to the living quarters where he noticed something was off. The door was closed. His only thought was that his new roommate for the foreseeable future was inside. It seemed he would have to wait till later to figure out how to bug everyone. With that in mind, he walked inside. He was met with the sight of Nu. Ahh, so the 60% was correct. It was you who made the nest like bed. He said strolling in. He placed his pack under his bed as he took a seat on the mattress. 

@Flutterby

@zCrookedz

The sound of the starting of the engines were a sheer sign to those of the crew nearby that it was time to go. Their time on Cardoleon was coming to a close and it would be wise for Artemis to get herself settled down back on the trip. They had a very long journey ahead of them. It felt so formidable... yet also so exciting! 

Curiously, the Cyborg cast a look at Tiberius when he spoke of their encounter and a smile rested on her lips. "If you say so. I'll try not to worry or feel bad then... but I always was a worry wart." The words left her mouth and she was left stunned at the familiarity of what she had just said.. as if she had spoken the exact same thing before... the surprise was there for only a split second before it was wiped from her expression. "It's rare we ever come by people like you," she commented, "Such an encounter is really quite refreshing." The way the Gehennian had spoken, it made it sound like he was so very lonely. Artemis probably could've empathized with him yet loneliness wasn't a feeling the cyborg seemed to suffer from... otherwise she just never noticed. After all, to know loneliness, one would have had to have experienced a time when they weren't alone. It was also unlikely that Artemis could give way to insanity, after all her past self had most likely done something to safeguard against madness, other wise she was just already insane. Everyone did say that Gwathian's were mad. 

As Tiberius spoke of his ship, the cyborg followed his gaze to the thing trail of smoke and joined the dots. Letting out a light laugh, Artemis said, "Sorry, it must be terrible for you. We were lucky enough not to have experienced something like that.. otherwise I doubt any of us would still be alive. Oh well, you're right. I guess you'll be able to find something to entertain yourself with... if you won't be going anywhere any time soon." He was lying. She didn't even need to analyze his words, his face gave it away. Something in the subtlest changes of his features gave him away.

Her attention momentarily flicked back to the ship for a moment as the Gehennian mentioned about getting going.Artemis wondered for a moment on how he knew that they were her 'pals'. She could only guess that he assumed from the way Nu had spoken to her earlier on, but that was still not much to go by. Time was running out so, as much as she wanted to continue their little games of riddles and rhymes, she couldn't question him further. "..Guess I'll go catch up with my pals then?" 

Artemis was about to turn and go when something came to mind and she turned back to him. "It was the same for me. It's nice for a change to talk to someone just because you can.. and not because you have to." She paused for a moment of silence, wondering if she should continue with her last words or not. The cyborg ended up speaking anyway, "they always said 'curiosity killed the Kryx'. Don't let your job be the death of you. There aren't a lot of people like you around, so it would be a pity if you died in this kind of place." Shooting Tiberius one last smile, she turned and strode back to the ship, murmuring a "Goodbye" over her shoulder as Artemis ascended the ramp into the Odyssey. She paused in the threshold for a moment at the sight of Cael and Glak near the loading door, exchanging their last goodbyes. Guess it was really time to go. 

Once inside, the Gwathian took a moment to try and remember Cael's words about where the rooms were. Making her way around the ship, it wasn't long before she had found the hall where many other voices could be heard, namely those of Larassa and Rosalyn. Pressing a button, the first door opened and she peeked it, spying Glo'cer and what appeared to be a nest on the other bed. Wordlessly she went to the next room and opened the door, finding herself looking in on a notably annoyed Rosalyn and an amused Larassa. The situation looked really fun save for the dent and crack in the wall closest to Rosalyn. Perhaps she'd pay them a visit later once both of them had cooled off a bit. 

Turning, Artemis was about to go to the next room when she realized that there was no other room. There were only two rooms for the crew with 4 beds. There was usually a couple more rooms on a ship such as theirs... one for the captain and one for the first mate.. would Cael mind if she borrowed the first mate's room? Well... one way to find out. Going back onto the main deck, she began wandering around in search for the First mate's room. At first, she found Caels'. It was notably big in comparison to the crew rooms and was well.. "lived in" as one could say. A little more exploring and the cyborg found the First mate's Cabin. 

Artemis found it completely empty and it seemed that no one had taken residence there yet what with the undisturbed furniture and what not. Leaving the door open so that she could keep an eye on the hall, the Gwathian carefully took a seat on the bed, as to not upset the covers, and let out a sigh as the room descended into utter silence. So, she was alone. It was then she remembered and took out the gems from the trader. Randomly, the cyborg pulled out a gem and held it, a dark green one, up to the light. Each gem was like a connection to one of her own kin and the Cyborg felt her breath catch as she wondered at that concept of family. She probably had one once.. maybe even some friends.. but she couldn't remember. It was just her. It used to be anyway, but Artemis had the crew now... and the gems of course. Grinning, she set the stone down on the bed.

Guess she wasn't alone.

@Darkeina @zCrookedz @Bolts @Flutterby @Lioness075 @Ch3rryBlossom28

Artemis’ last words stuck in his mind. They reminded him of that careless moment that sealed his fate in stone years ago. To protect an innocent, he had condemned himself to a life of fleeing and fighting, death constantly at his heels. But he’d rather die fighting for what he believed was right than become old and wither away like the rest of the normal folks. Still, he decided not to continue this conversation any further for the lack of time and instead simply nodded in response.

Tiberius then watched the cyborg disappear into the Odyssey, followed by the Dorogan soon after, before heading back towards the city at a much slower pace than on the way here in order to leave anyone still watching him with the impression that he was leaving, at the same time not covering too long of a distance from the hangar. A couple of steps up ahead, he stopped and looked back at the ship to confirm that no one was standing around the still lowered ramp anymore or coming up late. This was it.

His claws felt the dusty ground beneath his feet as he struggled with the final decision. The Gwathian’s words of warning still rang in his head, along with plenty of reasons that refuted them. He knew he was going to regret both choices sooner or later, so he simply went with his initial course of action.

Tiberius’ digitigrade legs propelled him so quickly forward that, at first, he felt like he would slip on the dust and fall over, tumbling head over heels, efficiently making a fool out of himself in front of anyone watching. Luckily, he was able to just as quickly regain his balance, only to come to a halt a couple of feet up ahead. It would be his first time setting foot in the Odyssey and his heart was pounding in his ears from all the adrenaline, his senses sharpened.

He gulped and quietly made his way up the ramp, listening and looking for any signs of movement. He had removed one of his contact lenses allowing him to see normally and now his vision was mixed in with his natural thermal one, allowing him to spot details as small as the paw prints left behind by the Kryx and Siklaid minutes ago. Once he set foot on the actual main deck of the ship, Tiberius then made a sharp turn to the right and hid in a corner behind some neatly stacked crates, making himself as comfortable as he could so he wouldn’t have to move from this position while he waited for takeoff. He was hoping that the Kryx or the foxbird wouldn’t go sniffing around anytime soon, which might blow his cover. It’s not like he had any means of showering on his cramped jet or masking his natural odor on the way here.

@zCrookedz @Dominaiscna (everyone else)

One of Nu's primary ears flicked backward slightly as the stranger called after her. She caught the very tail end of the conversation, before the cold acoustics of the ship and the starting engines cut off the sound of their voices. 

Once up to her quarters, the Kryx checked quickly to make sure the box was still hidden under her bed, and then studied the bottle of wine she had bought. She briefly considered downing the whole thing and getting a really good drunk going, but figured that might not be the best way to start the trip. The door opened behind her, and she gave a quick sniff of the air. The smell that was already in the room, some combination of chemicals and electrical fire, suddenly grew stronger. The glow-blob.

She didnt turn as he entered and spoke, rather placed the bottle of wine into her little cubby and gave a flick of her tail. "It is no proper Yaput, but it is better than some beds I have slept in." She said, only turning to look at him after finishing the sentence. Her cobalt eyes narrowed slightly, taking him in a little more closely, before adding, "You are a strange being, to rely on these numbers in place of your own senses." Her statement wasn't derogatory or rude, at least not in her mind, just something she thought. The Kryx was going to say something more, but there was a loud thud from nearby, followed by an announcement from Cael about not denting the ship.

Nu gave a sigh, wondering what she had gotten in to with these beings, and glanced up as the door opened again. Artemis peered in, and then moved on, in search of a sleeping place, she assumed. Her tail twitched, as she briefly considered the being other than the Solidus and herself. They all had such a propensity for violence and anger; for a Kryx that detested the first and did not understand the latter, it was both frightening and fascinating.

@Bolts

Glo'cer looked up from his things when Nu spoke up him. She was not one for conversation it would seem. That was the feeling he was getting from the Kryx at least. Senses can be false. A trick of the mind or manipulated by others. A sight in the corner of the eye where nothing is. Hearing your name in total silence. Nerves twitching from a ghost feeling. Bodies are imperfect and numbers cannot be tricked. The fault lies on the one who calculated it and I am not one to mess up calculations so carelessly.  He eyed the Kryx who seemed to have her sights on the door. It would be safe to assume it was someone else looking for a bed. He knew not who still needed a room but that was no concern of his. You are quite the interesting character. Giving me little to work with on the Dorogan ship, keeping quite and out of sight from everyone else. I foresaw a 10% chance you would have left the group once coming to this planet. Though, it is slightly less due to the nature of this gargantuan rock. He moved his bag of goods underneath his bed. Luckily, Nu had taken precaution to such events and hidden the strange box from view even in this position. Glo'cer came back up and laid down in the bed. It is strange, I do not thing I have laid on a bed like this for some time now. Normally I would have used a cryogenic chamber for rides such as these. This is what I get for leaving my ship on Raq'tak... He tried to be sly with his glances. He tried to see if anything would be worn near constant on Nu's body. He needed to bug her with expert slight of hand. It would be easier if Nu were helping. Knowing she steals things for her criminal career means she would have an easy time leaving things on people as well. Would you care to share your abilities with me now? I have displayed mine for the group quite a bit and everyone else seems to have shown some of their methods for dealing with tight situations. Cocking his head a little, he looked to the door. It had been closed shut now. No one was peering in. No one, but I, will know if you wish. Say the word and information here will be censored from the others till you see fit. He laid his head back down on the pillow. He was glad the pillow was there, else this would feel just like the lab room he was in on his planet. The only difference being a person was in the same room rather than across the hall in an equally horrid room. He calculated the possibility of Nu opening up a little. Information was power and he needed all the info he could get. He started thinking more and more about possible outcomes only for his mind to wander off. He started thinking of the many times he stared at the ceiling day in and day out back in his prison. He shook his head slightly to rid his head of any thoughts. This time, he would leave Nu's answer a mystery. 

@Flutterby

Once back on The Odyssey, Cael made his way to the cockpit where the engine primers where glowing with a green indicator light. Engines prepped, Cael flipped the switch retracting the entrance ramp. Next where the hover engines, which hummed a bit louder as the ship lifted a fet feet off the ground so the landing gear would retract. As Cael's eyes swept over the cockpit for take off, he saw Glak standing at the far side of the hanger through the glass windows. Cael tilted his hat to him, the Omniplight not giving any indication other than turning and heading back into the salvage yard as Cael lifted the ship slowly into the air. Getting off Cardeleon was a million times easier. The scavengers didn't care about ships leaving the planet so much as the ones coming in, so as the ship began heading in the arc to break atmosphere, they were left alone as the brown splotchy planet began to shrink beneath them. 

As The Odyssey broke the planet's atmosphere, Cael relaxed a bit as he casually began operating the lightspeed board once more. Using the nav computer, he found the coordinates for Mag'leuos and set them for the jump to lightspeed. As the ship's light speed engine hummed to life, Cael lifted the comm link off the console and hit the button for the ship's intercom system. 

"Alright folks, ships in light speed. We should be at Mag'leuos in about an hour. If you need me, I'll be in galley. Oh! I almost forgot. Glak sent us off with a parting gift, come find me in the galley before we get to the planet."

With that Cael left the cockpit, grabbing the box Glak had given him, and headed for the galley. He and Glak had received the crate of food that Roslyn had ordered during their rummage through the scrap yard. Once he had gotten it aboard the ship he had brought it to the galley for storage. He figured he would wait for Roslyn to come down before going through it, if it wasn't freeze dried bags of MRE's he really didn't know what to do with it. Even with a fully stocked galley at his disposal.

As he rounded the corner to the lounge and galley, Caels eye immediately noticed something was off. The door was closed to his room, but the one beside it was wide open. Cael became a bit nervous and set the box down before heading toward the door. As he approached, he noticed Artemis sitting on the bed starring at a collection of what appeared to be stones. He hadn't thought about it before, but with only 4 crew beds, it only made since that one of them would have to use this room. This thought gave him a bit of an uneasy acceptance  as he approached the room. He tapped on the door frame with his metal hand.

"Ah, so you're the one who found the last room. I guess there's not enough crew beds. Someone needed to use this one I suppose."

@Bolts @Lioness075  @Darkeina @Flutterby  @Dominaiscna @Ch3rryBlossom28

While the Cyborg sat staring intently at the gem in her hand, the intercom buzzed to life, breaking the silence. While Cael's voice boomed through the speaker near the door, Artemis took the moment to look around at the room that was supposed to belong to the First Mate of the ship. It was bare of any personal things and everything was neatly placed and appeared untouched...until she arrived at the room that is. The faintest layer of dust lay over all the furniture, signalling that it'd been a while since the cabin had a resident. Just then, Cael spoke of meeting him in the galley of the ship for a parting gift from Glak. This grabbed the cyborg's curiosity... grabbing the gem, she made to put it back safely into the sack, preparing to leave the room neat.

At the sound of approaching footsteps, Artemis looked up from her spot seated at the edge of the bed just as Cael knocked on the door frame get her attention. He seemed surprised about her taking up residence in the First Mate's cabin... but thankfully not angry or annoyed in any way. As the man spoke, the cyborg gave him a soft smile moving to secure the little bag by her waist. "Cael, I hope you're fine with me taking this room as my own," Artemis said, standing up to greet the Dorogan,  " I know this is the only room left... but perhaps I should have asked for permission from you first since you only gave us access to the crew cabins... Sorry about that." 

Her pink gaze slipped behind him slightly to the box that sat on the floor behind him. Curiously, she leaned over slightly to one side so that she could get a better look. "And I'm guessing that that is Glak's parting gift to us?" 

@zCrookedz

Rosalyn couldn't help but roll hers eyes at Lara's remark about the wall. She then flinched when she heard Cael yelling at them to not break the ship. As unhappy as she was, Rosalyn would have to be careful. Cael will kick her off the ship at if she broke the wall. A small grin formed on her lips as the Siklaid raised her paws into the air as if surrendering, though was not too happy about the nickname that came out of her mouth. "[COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]SPARKLES?!" [/COLOR]She yelled. How the heck did she even come up with that.? She guessed it did kind of maks sense. She could crystalize her self and whith the right light from the sun, shine with the reflection.

Hearing the door open Rosalyn's head wiped into that direction. "Who is it now?!" She said frustration in her voice. She saw that it was Artemis and hit dawned on her how bad her reaction to the fur ball was making her look. The door shut yet again as Artemis realized that there wasn't another bed in the room. Rosalyn took a deep breath to collect her self before running her non crystalized hand through her hair. [COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]You need to compose yourself Rosalyn. You can't let the enemy see your frustration. [/COLOR]Granted Lara wasn't exactly the enemy but Rosalyn didn't particularly like her so it was basically the same thing.

IT was then that Rosalyn heard the engines turn on and them begin their take off. Rosalyn was happy to finally be off of that gods forsaken planet. Cael's voice came threw the speakers yet again saying that they had received a parting gift from his 'friend'. Curious as to what this gift could be and the chance3 to get out of the same room as Lara, she got up, leaving her blaster on the bed,  and exited the room, slamming the door behind her. This time she was more aware of her strength and didn't cause the door to break. Her stomach rumbled loudly as she walked toward the direction of the Galley and she thought about the rations she had ordered and wonder where and what they were. [COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]I'll just have to go looking for them after this meeting.[/COLOR]

@Lioness075@zCrookedz@Dominaiscna 

Snickering at Sparkles' eye roll, Larassa soon was laughing at Sparkles' outburst over her new nickname. Frankly, Larassa thought it was rather befitting, though Sparkles did not seem to share this opinion. Yet, when Sparkles lashed out at poor Artemis, who had wandered to their room at a not-so-good time, Larassa flinched before flattening her ears against her head. When Artemis left, Larassa had her arms crossed over her chest and looked pointedly at Sparkles.

"Vell, zat vasn't too nice, now vas it? Vat did Artehmis eveh do to ye?"

As the ship came back to life and they left the seemingly dead planet behind, Larassa let out a small sigh of relief, not entirely keen on having to wear that awful gas mask again. Hearing Cael mention some sort of gift, Larassa raised an eyebrow and looked to Sparkles, but she was already out the door and gone. Well then. It seemed befriending the hostile crystalline being would have to wait for now. 

Standing up from her bed and leaving behind her belongings as well, Larassa exited the room and quietly shut the door behind herself before trailing after Sparkles.

@Ch3rryBlossom28

The blob clearly liked to talk. Was he wanting to share his thoughts, or did he enjoy the sound of his own voice? Nu didn't know, neither did it really matter. She listened to his words and considered them. Then, she gave a low chuckle. "There is not a Kryx alive that would place numbers over their own senses, but for a being without senses as sharp as a Kryx, I see your point." She said, the closest to agreeing with him as she would ever be on the subject.

As he continued to speak, the Kryx listened patiently. She removed her tool belt, even if it was just for a while, and put the blaster that she had been given on the Brazen in the cubby as well. At his question, she simply shrugged.

"I am a thief. I steal things, valuable things." Her tail flicked briefly. "The Empire probably started tracking my activities when I started stealing their weapons secrets." There was a pause, and she began rearranging the bedding that was her nest. "I 'ave no abilities beyond what my kin have. Prehensile tail, extraordinary hearing, strong sense of smell, sticky hands and feet.. I just use them differently. I can pick a lock, I can hack a security system. I can hide. That is all." As she spoke, she let her tail drift under the bunk, casually brushing against the hidden box to ensure it was still there. The first instant that she touched it, it seemed to be just a box, but the next, it was resonating with her again, the hum from it vibrating across her skin and filling her mind. Nu let her tail fall away from it, and forced herself to remain relaxed.

Cael's voice interrupted them, and her head turned toward the speaker near the ceiling, as he that they should head to the galley soon. But that wasn't the only thing that Nu's ears heard.

Her primary ears, the largest and most sensitive, caught just a whisper. But the words might as well have been screamed at her; the box was speaking in Kryx to her. Its voice sounded like all of the Kryx she had ever known all at once, and yet was entirely unfamiliar.

Dur quarz, ad linui. It took a few seconds for her mind to process the words, her memories of the language swimming in the shock. Four corners, one path. Nu frowned a little, beyond perplexed at this. Was the Solidus right, were senses entirely unreliable? Was she going insane, feeling and hearing with her imagination? Or was whatever was in that box of the Kryx, of her people?

The Kryx gave a twitch of her ears, and then dropped her eyes back to Glo'cer. "Shall we head to the galley? I wouldn't mind a snack to balance the wine." She said, her voice coming out a little softer than moments before.

@Bolts@zCrookedz

Users who are viewing this thread