In Character Thread

SecretRock

The Leader of the Pantheon

Time: 13: 30 pm

Weather: Sunny

The room, despite being underground, was lit by a warm light that refracted from the glass table around the room. The table seated ten and was situated right in the middle of the room, all chairs angled slightly towards the head of the table. The walls were blank aside from the lights and a single, large LED screen behind the chair at the head of the table. At the moment, it was off, only a red light blinking in the corner to show that it had a power supply.

Also at the moment, Liao Yujin was sat at the head of a table, scanning the tablet she was holding in front of her. There was a screen behind her that could be used to show the same information, but she didn't feel the need to use it at that moment. She was waiting for the five that had agreed to meet her in the room, reviewing the mission that she was preparing to give them as she did so. She looked up as someone entered the room, putting the tablet down on the table and smiling at the people.

"Welcome to the mission briefing," She told them, standing up from her chair and moving out from behind the table, "Thank you for volunteering," Liao smiled kindly at the people and activated the screen behind her, a name and a map showing up behind her: Caros.

Arsonal walks into the room a AK-47 slug over his sholder and a shotgun attached to his back, his visor seems to be reflecting the light giveing it a shine while it is obvious he is armed to the teeth. He snaps to attention his arms folded behind his back. He is a man who knows he is about to be sent on a mission... And ready to do anything for its success.

"No problem mam I'm happy to be of assistance in any way possible"

Next to him a robotic dog sits and looks at Liao its head cocked to the side a bit.

Putting on the coatume many people defined as weird, Leo thought about his decision to join the Corp. He wanted to become a useful member of society and gain a lot of points to work his art... but he could just as easily get himself killed in action during a mission. 

He was sure it wasn't going to happen though, so he just put the helmet on and headed towards the briefing room.

As he entered, he was surprised to see he was one of the first.

Sitting in a tense fashion, he looked down at the table, even though the helmet was not see through and oters couldn't see his face, just looking at an important person gave him a sense of anxiety. "Hi" he said in a small voice.

Oscar seemed to be the third to arrive. He wasn't in costume, technically not having one, so he was dressed more for comfort. Trainers and a pair of old jeans. It wasn't exactly professional, but this place wasn't exactly orthodox, so he felt he could get away with it. Smiling at the others as a greeting, he took note of who was there. He knew Arsenal, but he didn't really recognise the other guy. Oscar wasn't too close to anyone here, but he knew most people, even if just in passing. That meant the other guy must be new here. Liao smiled at the three of them.

"Feel free to take a seat. We're waiting for just a couple more, then I'll begin the briefing." She told them, gesturing to the empty seats around the table. Oscar did as she said, falling into one of the nearest seats and taking in the new guy. She tapped the tablet a few times and some more information popped up on the screen behind her, shuffling around a little bit.

Kathreftis took several deep breaths outside the meeting. Her hair flowed quite literally down pat her shoulders, the water like substance swirling slightly as she panicked. She stared quietly at the meeting, not ready to go in, but not ready to leave. The siren fiddled with her hands, tempted to pull off to gloves that went with her outfit. Kathy wore a tight black top with long sleeves and the pants attached to the top were quite baggy. Her gloves were a brown and her shoes were non existent. That was Kathy, a bare foot siren. 

The girl finally stepped in, head held high. "Uh, hello! Kathreftis here, where should I sit?"

"Sit anywhere," Liao said to Kathreftis before checking her watch briefly. A small frown passed over her face as she looked at her wrist, but it was gone as fast as it appeared. "I think we there was supposed to be a few more of you, but we are pressed for time, so I'll have to start." She waited a moment so everyone could move their attention to her before moving so she was within pointing distance with the screen, all information on it now displayed so it was visible.

The lower left corner of the screen was take up by a map of a town named Caros, the right half of the screen filled by a paused video. It was in black and white, looking like a camera feed focused on some kind of safe. In the top left ere some names, like Centrella Technologies, and Cassio Centrella. That was the only building labelled on the map, near the centre of it. Liao cleared her throat, before starting to talk.

"Recently, I was contacted by a colleague, Cassio Centrella, who told me that he was suffering from a problem with a thief. I know that normally this isn't the type of thing Hero Inc would deal with, but along with his request for help, he also sent this video." Liao tapped the tablet and the video on the screen began to play. Oscar turned his attention to it, wondering why it was so extraordinary. It just seemed like the door to some kind of safe. Then a person appeared. He didn't walk into the frame, he was just suddenly there, right next to the door in the middle of the shot. Oscar recoiled from shock a little bit. The man worked on the safe for a few seconds before it swung open. Two security guards entered the scene then, their guns raised to point at the thief. Liao tapped the screen again and the video paused.

"It gets a little...extreme after that, and I don't think anyone would benefit from watching that. Centrella also told me that this isn't the first robbery. He wouldn't tell me what the machine being stolen does, but he gave me the usual 'dangerous in the wrong hands' spiel. As it is, your job is to protect the last part of it at Centrella Tech headquarters in Caros, a town in northern Italy, and arrest the thief if possible. Any questions?" She asked, looking around the room at the gathered heroes. Oscar himself didn't have anything to ask, his eyes still locked onto the video, trying to puzzle out how extreme it could get from there.

(The map's in the Plot Information tab if you want to see it. A recap of the mission is in the other thread there.)

Jake stepped in with a map of the school and a confused look on his face. "Uh hi is the ..." He looks at a small note "the briefing room for that volunteer mission?" Jake then sees the map on the screen and realizes hes late."Oh sorry" He quietly sits down and assesses the people in the room. He'd only been at the school for two days and most of that time had been filling out forms and demonstrating his powers for the teachers so they could make lessons for him. He noticed the fist hero fully decked out in combat gear with what Jake considered way too many guns. Then the next who seemed pretty anxious. Was it because of something in the briefing? After him Jake looked at they guy who looked the most out of place in this room because he was dressed like a normal person. Jake tried to get  read on him but was quickly distracted by the last person sitting in the room. She sat with what looked liked water falling from her hair. Jake's confusion was only doubled when his animal instincts kicked in and all he could feel was the near overwhelming urge to get away from her. Something about her triggered the instincts of every animal Jake had at his disposal. And those instincts told him she was very dangerous. He felt claws slowly start to form on his hands so he quickly placed them in his pocket before facing forward and trying to focus on the rest of the briefing.

Harley stood staring at the closed doors, her brow creased with worry. She was terribly late thank to Pym, who was currently fast asleep on her head, taking a deep breath to try calm her nerves, not that it helped much, she pushed open the door and popped her head in.

She immediately noticed that majority of the others had arrived before her which was to expected as she was quite late. Fucking her head to avoid any looks and made her way quickly to one of the open seats and sat down without much noise.

"I'm sorry I'm so late" she said in a shift sheepish voice looking up at the rest of her teammates. 

"It's fine, at least you're here." Liao told the two who arrived late. It was clear that she was a little annoyed, Oscar could see the ends of her mouth turn down into a small frown, but it was gone in a second. She looked around the rest of them one last time. "I'll take the silence to mean that there's no questions. A jet in the hangar is prepped for you. There's a map, some money, clothes, and food. There's also a police scanner in case they don't want to cooperate with you. I trust Leo will be able to translate." She moved to the door, placing the tablet in front of the closest person to her in case they wanted to look through the information they had again. She stopped by the two who had just entered, lowering her voice a little to talk to them.

"I'd explain it to you, but we have a high alert situation in Egypt, so I don't have time. I'm sure one of your teammates will explain it to you on the way." She told them, then pushed the door open and left.

Oscar Luana

Oscar stared after her for a second, confused about why no one he talked to knew about the supposed Egypt crisis, but he shrugged it off. He was here to control his powers, not to save the world. A few secrets shouldn't bother him. He turned back to the rest of the people in the room. They mostly seemed young, around his age. He knew a few of them, like Harley, Kath, and Arsenal, but the other two were strangers.

"I guess we should get going?" He suggested with a shrug, his still thick British accent tainting the words. "I'm Oscar, by the way," He directed this as the two who he didn't know, not wanting to be strangers when they were going on a mission together. From the little experience he had, he knew that was a bad idea.

Arsonal smirks inside his helmet and begins to walk towards the hanger with the plane. "Lets move out I want to get this done quick." Each step he takes is almost silent due to the padding on his uniform. Also light seems to appear from several bags and pouches on his armor and a few balls of light appear on his armor front quickly before disapearing several types of grenades appearing where the lights were.

"Show off..." Says Leo under his breath, thinking about the Others and their powers as he adjusts his helmet. No-one saw his face yet, and he likes it that way, for now.
Let us take a look around. The Young man thought to himself, scanning the room for interesting objects to work with.
I wonder how many points this will get me?
"My name's Leonardo, though everyone calls me Leo. On the field the alias is Spark."
The suit made a weird, almost cartoony noise, and suddenly Leo's steps were a bit floaty.
After goofing around for a bit, the man managed to adjust the suits repulsion field, exiting the room by skating an inch of the ground.

Kathreftis stared at the screen in horror, unsure what was going to happen in the video before it was stopped. She had a suspicion, but it made her feel even worse. Who's to say she wouldn't turn into something like that later?! Still, she took a deep breath. "I-I'm, uh..." Great cod what do I say?! I could say Kathy or Kathreftis or mirror, but should I explain? Yeah, explaining. "I'm Kathreftis, but you can call me Kathy. It's, um, much easier...." She mumbled the last part, slowly backing out of the room. Once out the door, she turned and started running, only to crash into Leo. "HEY! I-I'm sorry..." The first reaction scared her, but she was probably fine...
@Lamladaz

Jake stood and started to leave the room. When Oscar greeted him he turned and shook his hand, making sure that his claws had fully retracted before doing so. "Jake Howden" His voice had a slight Australian accent. Not something another Australian would notice but people who weren't used could hear it clearly. Jake turned to shake Leos hand as he went down the hallway only to see Kathy come crashing through into Leo. Jake stepped back as the animal instincts kicked in to avoid the water girl. As he moved back, spines erupted from his skin like those of a porcupine or hedgehog. They covered most of his arms and tore little holes in the back of his shirt. He quickly looked around while trying to calm himself and retract the spines. While maybe Kath and leo didn't  notice everyone else including the director most definitely did. Jake says nothing as he quickly turns and heads to his room and starts changing into his costume a simple tank top and cargo pants with special holes sowed in for some of his more common animal abilities. After hes calmed himself in his room he starts making his way to the hangar.

Oscar Luana

He nodded, taking in the two names he didn't know before then started toward the hangar himself. It seemed like an odd mix of powers to him, but its not like it was a designed team. He caught sight of Jake's odd freak out as he left and jogged to catch up with him. When he did, he fell into step beside him.

"Hey man, you okay?" He asked. He wasn't here to make friends, but that didn't mean that he didn't care about the other people here. A lot of people had powers tied to their emotions, and if Jake was acidentally losing control of his...

@Pavan

Jake had just left his room when Oscar caught up with him. Oscar seemed friendly enough and since he was one of the three people he knew the name of on the entire island Jake decided to trust him as a show of faith to his teammate. If they were going to be in the field together then Jake was going to need to trust him at some point. "I'm fine I just sometimes get sort of outbursts of power when..." Jake stopped for a second to gather his thoughts. He had to explain to Oscar that this water girl, Kath, made him feel threatened and he didn't know why. "Most of my abilities are animal based. I can get better night vision or claws or wings all from different types of animals. With these come certain drawbacks.While I get some of their strengths I also get there weaknesses and unlike wings or claws these weaknesses can affect me long term.My diet fluctuates depending on which power I used recently. If I use owl talons I get a craving for raw rabbit for example. One of the major weaknesses is the instincts. While a lot of the time they keep me safe they also make me prone to over reaction. I react to threats quicker but I also perceive threats others miss."

Jake took a breath. He didn't want to sow mistrust in the team so early but he had to tell someone. "And that water girl sets of my instincts like nothing else. What do you know about her? Are her powers animal or nature based cause I sometimes have weird reactions to those."  Jake looked back at Oscar trying to read whether this guy understood. Jake didn't really have any powered people to talk to before he came here so whenever he spoke to a fellow powered he tended to rant a lot.

@SecretRock

Lost in thought Harley didn't notice that everyone had already started to leave, blushing terribly she ran to catch up with her teammates with Pym clutched in her hands.

She was thankful that she knew atleast two of them already, Oscar and Kathy were they only ones that she had immediately recognised which meant for now she would most likely stick with them.

"I'm Harley by the way, I go by Mirage as well" she said softly once she had caught up with the group "and this is Pym" she said holding up the now awake mini God who was glaring and everyone and trying to sneak up Harleys uniform so he could hide in her hood, he normally stayed there -so much so that there was a pocket where he stayed to keep him safe.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts that had consumed her concentration once again, she looked at her teammates and wondered what some of their abilities were and how they were going to work as a team. It was all very exciting and new for her.

@SecretRock @Echo Dreamsong

Oscar Luana

Oscar nodded as he listened to Jake's complaining. He didn't mind listening to it since, as a British person, he was used to hearing it. He was also used to giving it, so he couldn't exactly be a hypocrite either. Some of Jake's problems did seem very inconvenient. Not mentioning how it might taste, where was he even supposed to get raw rabbit while he was on a island in the Indian ocean? And the weakness thing was a definite problem. At least he could always react in time. Oscar struggled with that.

"Yeah, my powers do this thing sometimes where pain is like a hundred times worse for me. And when I try to bend reality I might accidentally destroy the universe. Pros and cons." He said with a shrug "As for Kath, all I know is that her thing's water. Sorry." He gave Jake and apologetic smile before turning to look at Harley as she introduced herself and Pym. He already knew them, though 'knew' might have been a bit strong when it came to Pym, so he didn't bother to properly answer or anything, instead just gesturing to the man next to him.

"Hey, Harley, this is Jake." He knew she might have heard his introduction earlier, but there was no harm in reiterating it. "By the way, do you have any name or anything for in the field? You know, like a super name?" He asked Jake, not wanting to 'expose' his identity if he planned to continue this in anyway.

@Pavan @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

"Hey m-miss." Said Leo, looking firmly at the floor.
"Bumping into you was probably my fault, so... sorry."
He adjusted his position while floating slowly upward.
"Gravitational modifiers don't work so well yet. My powers... ehm, are pretty complex, but basically I can imbue objects.
 You can call me Spark if you want to be formal with aliases... and Kathy is a pretty name."
@Echo Dreamsong

Last edited by a moderator:
Kathreftis kicked at the ground. 

"N-No, it's my fault... I, uh, wasn't looking... Are you alright?"
She asked nervously.
"And, um, you can call me dew if you want. That's what the others call me."

@Lamladaz

Jake turned and greeted Harley before looking at the little creature she called Pym. Jake stared for a second trying to figure it out. He quickly cycled through a few different animal eyes that allowed him to see differently trying to figure out what Pym was. He stopped when he realized that his eyes would be changing coulour with the transformations and that might freak Harley out. Jake just accepted that there were some things he might not understand and turned back to Oscar. "In the field I go by the name Zodiac." Jake holds up the black hockey mask that was previously on a little hook attached to his belt. On the forehead painted in silver is a circle with little animals around the edge Representing the zodiac signs. "Honestly I just made it up on the flight out here and painted the mask last night. I figured I might need some sort of name and the only other thing I could think of was Animal man." As Jake finished his sentence he walked through the doors into the large open hangar bay. 

Harley grinned at both boys while she greeted Jake, he seemed to be amazlysing Pym but all she could focus on was the fact that his eyes were rapidly changing colour. 

Her inner Harley was squealing like a banshee and wanted him to do it again but she knew that it would come across incredibly rude and invasive so she squished that part of her down.

"Pym is a Mini God, he helps train me with my abilities" she supplied helpfully to her fellow teammate "and I think the hero's name is good for something you came up on the fly. I was given my field name by Pym" she smiled "Oscar have you come up with a field name yet?" She asked with a tilt of her head, she couldn't remember is he had one or not.

Pym through all of this floated out of Harleys hood and looked at the boys that she was conversing with, she hoped that he wouldn't say anything weird or nasty like he was prone to do as he disliked the institute immensely.

Luckily for her her only gave them both a hard stare before he floated back into her hood. 

"That was kind of a pointless endeavour Pym" she whispered which earned her a sharp pinch from him

@SecretRock @Pavan

Oscar Luana

Tearing his eyes away from Pym as he floated around, Oscar shook his head. Field names were encouraged at Hero Inc, but Oscar never really found the inspiration for one, or the need really. He doubted that any he came up with would be any good anyway, probably something along the lines of 'Animal man', but maybe with a different angle.

"I don't see the point. I'm just here to learn to control my powers, then it's back to a normal, boring life for me." Oscar told the other two, grinning slightly. It was common knowledge that not all of them had a happy life before coming here, but Oscar was more than content with his. He pressed his hand into the hangar door frame, a quick scan of his palm opening the door and revealing the collection of vehicles in the room. All of them were still there, some being worked on by people with wrenches and blowtorches and other equipment Oscar didn't recognise. "I think we're in the closest one..." He trailed off, pointing towards the closest jest plane to them.

@SheWhoMustNotBeNamed @Pavan

Jake looked at the jet Oscar pointed at and felt excitement fill him. While Jake understood that this mission was going to be dangerous and consequences were going to be real he couldn't help but think this would be awesome. He also realized how completely out of his depth he was. So far the two heroes had met could bend the fabric of reality or got their powers from a tiny god being. Jake could grow claws.

If the guy they were facing was as powerful as they had been lead to believe then Jake might be in trouble.

Oscar Luana

Oscar grinned, seeing Jake's face. He remembered being that excited when he first saw all the cool stuff they had here. His personal favourite so far had to be the underwater breathing apparatus. It was like all the SCUBA equipment but small enough to fit in your pocket. Of course, Oscar had no idea how it worked, but he really didn't care. Looking over the place again, he turned to the whole group, starting to speak quietly. He didn't want to interrupt people, but Liao had said they needed to move fast. Besides, he had kind of an important question. Clearing his throat to get attention, but shrinking down slightly, hating to be the centre of attention, he spoke up.

"Anyone know how to fly this?" He asked, pointing at the jet with his thumb. He could, but not very well at all. And he couldn't land it, so there really was no point in him trying for a mission. They could ask someone else for a favour, but then there would be that whole owing someone thing.

@Samurai Jay @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed @Pavan @Echo Dreamsong @Lamladaz

Arsonal steps forward smirking and his visor seems to glow for a second as he looks over the plane. "Give me a few minutes I just downloaded the schematics for it and all I have to do is take off and land...let the auto pilot do the rest."

He begins to walk towards the plane and he begins to chuckle to himself as he glanced over the rest of the group and noticed only one or two had powers that could be considered lethal. Himself and his ability to make things out of,mid air tends to be overlooked when you don't realize how to work it to your advantage. He materializes a butterfly knife in his hand and begins to flip it around rapidly almost blurring in his hand even with the added bulk of his suit and armor.

Users who are viewing this thread