In-Character Roleplay

BloodThunder27

Seven Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Following Team One's toughest call, Sergeant Gregory Parker, a well-known Officer within the Strategic Response Unit, has since retired from the Force due to a leg wound he sustained while attempting to disarm a bomb and has since began teaching at Toronto's Police Academy. Following Sergeant Parker's retirement, Constable Edward Lane was promoted to Sergeant while Constable Samuel Braddock was transferred to Team Three, where he became their leader following the death of Constable Donna Sabine in the line of duty, where she was killed in an explosion with Constable Jimmy. Constables Leah Kerns and Julianna Callaghan continue to serve proudly on Team One, where Callaghan has been promoted to Team Leader, succeeding Lane.

Two years have passed since then. Team One has had their chance in the Spotlight, but now its Team Five's turn.

flashpoint-title-card-wide.jpg

Their Story Begins Here....

Last edited:
July 11th, 2014

0945 Hours

Sgt. Wendy Ishikawa

It started as a normal day, just like any other. Every morning at six, Battle-Hardened Cop and Six-Year Vet Wendy Ishikawa would just wake up, take a quick shower and grab a quick cup of coffee before leaving for work. Every day, Wendy looked forward to working with her team, who she saw as nothing short of family. However, they were still a team of rather young officers; their eldest officer is twenty-nine, while their youngest was twenty-four. Compared to the other seasoned vets on the other four teams, most notably Team One, Team Five was fresh meat. Upon arriving at HQ, Wendy went to the Women's Locker Room to change into her Work-Out Clothes. There was nothing better to start out the day then a Morning Work-Out, it was also the best thing to do to keep herself active while waiting for the rest of the team. Of course, Wendy's go-to was usually the Punching Bag. As she started throwing punches at it, Wendy began thinking about her days at the Police Academy, where she had learned under Greg Parker, who was a former Operative in the SRU himself, like she is now. She even began remembered how she graduated top of her class. During her time at the Academy, Wendy had earned the nicknames 'Swift' and 'Lightning', as she was known for her speed and ferocity. Both names went into her Career and are now used as her call-signs. Next in line for her memories were her days in the Drug Squad, where she toppled one drug empire after another. Not to mention today, they had a new member joining the Team.

That was the first thing that Wendy got to hear upon arriving at work today. Although she and the team did not get a say in who was going to be in the team and who was not, Wendy didn't seem to mind because the team was a bit short-handed. She was however, intrigued when she was notified that their new member was Ex-Military.

Cst. Shinoa Hasegawa

Fresh out of the Royal Canadian Air Force, Shinoa had recently chosen to go into the Toronto Police Service following eight years overseas where she participated in Combat Operations in Afghanistan, serving four tours. Stepping off of a plane, Shinoa took a deep breath as she took a taxi to her new Apartment. Smiling, she hung up her Military Uniforms. She was proud to have served her country, but it was now time for her to Protect and Serve the Citizens. It has also been quite some time since Shinoa has heard from her Family. But since she was never really accepted, Shinoa didn't really ponder on the matter. She had about an hour and a half until it was time for her to head down to the Police Department, where she was placed onto the Strategic Response Unit, Team Five. While she didn't relish the idea of being placed into a Tactical Unit immediately, Shinoa did have experience to bring to the table, so it was fine. After changing into a set of casual clothing, Shinoa went to a nearby coffee shop, where she relaxed and awaited the phone call from the SRU Commander.

Cst. Logan Walker

Logan woke up at 5:30 that morning, sitting up in his bed for a minute, scrolling throug any messages he missed the other day. He stood after reading them then tossed his phone onto the counter, turning to make a breakfast of toast and some grits, an old favorite of his. Once they were done he sat down and quickly ate them, then placed the bowl into the sink, changing into some black track pants and a black T-shirt, then slipping on a pair of black gloves before driving to work. He parked outside and just sat in the car for a few minutes, finishing up a song as he was early. He checked the clock in his Dodge Challenger and stopped the car, stepping outside and into the SRU building. He walked passed Wendy on the bag and raised an arm in greeting. "Mornin' Sarge, ready for another quiet day like the last two we have had?" He asked as he walked by, not waiting for an answer as he went to place his stuff in his locker, then heading to head back to the treadmill. He started and started walking on it, then turned it into a jog, the sound of sneaker hitting in the conveyor echoing through the halls.

Cst. Matthew Thompson

Matt's alarm went off at 6:15, and he cursed aloud as his first alarm never went off. He quickly rushed putting on some clothes and grabbing a cereal bar from his pantry before rushing off to his car. He checked his phone on the way, finding nothing new from anybody, not even Spike had responded. He figured he was busy and put down his phone, continuing to try and get to the station as fast as possible despite traffic. He ended up arriving at about 6:30, quickly rushing out of his car and into the building. "Morning guys!" He said as he quickly jogged to the locker room to get his stuff situated. He jogged back then hit up the other punching bag, pushing if forward and letting it swing for a second before starting his punches.

(Ashley will get a post on the first hot call)

Sgt. Wendy Ishikawa

The first to come in after her would be one of her longtime teammates, Logan Walker, call-sign Ghost. "I don't know about quiet. But the last few days have been a little peaceful. Not that I mind it. Saves us the trouble of having to deal with SIU." She replied. As Logan hopped onto the Treadmill, she took the Boxing Gloves off before moving onto the Dumbbells to do Bicep Curls. When Matt entered the room, she smiled curtly as well. "Morning." she said casually as she continued to work out. On the bright side everyone was on time. Now where was Ashley...? "Alright guys, we can work out for another hour and then suit up for briefing." She said as she set the dumbbells back onto their rack before hoping onto a Bicycle, wiping her forehead and ridding herself of the sweat. She would definitely have to shower again, maybe make a protein shake. Because Ashley had yet to show, Wendy texted her. 'Where are you?' She pressed send before going back to working out. "The last few days have been a little boring. Any stories you wanna share from home?"

Dr. Ashley Walker

Ashley was in her car when her phone gave a buzz. She looked at it and saw it was Wendy. After a few mimutes she hit a light and responded. "On my way now. Rough morning and traffic isn't good, may be there by 7." She sent the message then kept waiting for traffic to move.

Cst. Logan Walker/ Cst. Matthew Thompson

"Couple old friends of mine are trying to get me back into the gaming life, nothing big. I may pick it back up, but then again I most likely won't." He said, stopping the treadmill and heading to the bench. "Matt come spot me will ya?" He asked, waiting for the man to come over as he then started benching a couple hundred pounds. "So how was your weekend Wendy?" Logan asked as he did his sets.

"Eh... Well my weekend was pretty boring. Saw Spike at church Sunday, but that was really it, we had lunch and talked." Matt said, waiting to see if Logan would need his help. "Anyone up for a little competition?" Matt asked, glancing to Wendy.

"How so?" Ryan asked, putting up the bar and sitting up.

"Little shootout." Matt replied. "So how about it?" He offered.

Sgt. Wendy Ishikawa

When Ashley replied back, Wendy checked her phone almost immediately. 'Try to hurry. Its almost 10 by the way...Oh and before briefing, we need to talk. Friend to Friend, Officer to Officer, Teammate to Teammate.' She replied back before slipping her phone back into her pocket as she listened to Logan speak about how his weekend was. Some of his friends tried to get him back into Videogames. "My weekend was alright. Went to pay respects to Donna and Lou along with Sergeant Lane on Saturday. Saw Spike too. Him and Winnie are so cute." She smirked at the thought. "Otherwise, I just spent time with my little sister. She finally got into her Major. I'm so proud of her."

When Matt proposed a Competition. "I'll have to pass. Last thing I need is anyone getting hurt and then next thing we know, there's a hot call." She laughed. "Oh, right, when Ashley gets here, I have some happy news to share with the team." She smiled as she continued biking. "You guys are more then welcome to. Just make sure not to get hurt. I need everyone at 100% in case there's gonna be a hot call.

Cst. Shinoa Hasegawa

Finally, Shinoa received a call from the SRU Commander, asking her to come in. Smiling, she got up to leave her apartment to go down to the Police HQ. Upon arrival, she was directed to the Commander's Office where she sat down for a briefing with the Commander himself. 

Cst. Logan Walker

"Then I will pass, sorry bud, maybe tomorrow." Logan said. "I have been so busy I haven't been able to pay respects since the funeral. I really need to drop by..." He said, standing from the bench and just sitting for a minute, watching the door for his sister to arrive. When she had yet to show he went to the punching bag and taped up his hands, then started getting to work on the bag.

Dr. Ashley Walker

Ashley drove into the parking lot, taking her usual spot towards the back of the lot, then walking into the building. As soon as the door opened her brother said hello without even looking at her. "How'd you know?" She asked. "Telepathic sibling powers, sis." He responded, glancing back at her with a joking grin, going back to the bag. "So Wendy you wanted to see me?" She asked, leaning on a pillar. Matt then glanced over and waved himself, then hopping onto the eliptical.

Sgt. Wendy Ishikawa

"If anything, you can just go to their lockers, say your prayers if you believe in that stuff, and well, there you have it. Or go to the Cemetery, take your pick." She replied before standing up from the bike and wiping her forehead with her towel. When Ashley finally joined them, Wendy turned to look at her. "Yes. I'm glad you're finally able to join us." Wendy would then step aside to speak with Ashley. "I understand that you probably have a lot going on outside of work, but these tardies really need to stop. The Commander is starting to breathe down my neck about it and I can't cover for you forever. So what's going on?" Wendy asked, deciding to be very direct about the matter. Despite her soft side, one should not be fooled because Wendy was also, in her own right, a battle-hardened warrior as well as a Leader. While not super strict, the Sergeant still wanted her team to be in line and at 100% when it comes down to the Hot Calls.

Dr. Ashley Walker

"Since when were you my consultant..." She joked, but then looked up at her. She had a hard time answering, but it was because she didn't want to answer. There were some things she would prefer to not say right now, and this was one of 'em. "Traffic." She said without explanation, it was partially the truth. The route she took tend to get traffic heavy. "I just need to leave earlier, but my schedule kinda... Prevents that." She said. "So where is the new officer?" She asked, trying to change of the subject off herself and onto something else.

July 11th, 2014

1015 Hours

Sgt. Wendy Ishikawa

She laughed a little. "I may not be a consultant...But I'm still Team Leader." However, because Ashley has used the excuse before, Wendy didn't entirely buy it, but didn't really make a big deal because morning commutes tended to be a pain in the rear. "You should. I always do. Its not very often I stay up late. But if this is starting to be too much for you, maybe you can take a vacation." She responded, of course with a rather strict tone. "The new Officer is in for her Job Interview with Commander Holleran in his office. She'll be here when she gets here." She turned over to the boys. "Alright guys, go suit up. Briefing in 10." Finally, she turned back to Ashley. "And please, do find a better route to work." Wendy would then walk into the Girl's Locker Room to shower off all the sweat on her body before putting on her Uniform and holstering her handgun. It wasn't long until she entered the Briefing Room, where she got a nice view of the city. Folding her arms, she looked outside to the city that she currently protected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logan Walker

When Logan heard the call for briefing he stood up and walked over to Ashley, "You really should tell her..." He said, then added a bit louder. "Let's keep the peace!" A common saying among SRU teams. Logan walked over to the locker room and geared up, holstering his Glock and making sure it was secure before heading off to briefing, taking a seat at the table. "How was your weekend, Ash?" He asked as she sat down.

Matthew Thompson

Matt shook his head at Logan as he made his remark. "Hey, don't get to happy! Could be getting cats out of trees!" He joked, suiting up and grabbing his own handgun, then heading to take the seat across from Logan.

Ashley Walker

"Look, Wendy..." She said, remaining silent for a moment. "I'll tell you later, alright?" She said, looking at her. "See you at breifing." She said, patting her on the back then heading to the breifing room, sitting next to Logan. "It was ok... But you don't need to be checking in on me as often as you do, I can handle myself." She said.

Sgt. Wendy Ishikawa

As soon as everyone sat down, Wendy looked away from the City Skyline and to her team. "Well now that you're all here, I think I can start with introducing a new member to the team...Well, when she gets here. Right now, she's finishing up an interview with Commander Holleran. Anywho, I don't expect anything crazy to go on today, the last few days have been pretty calm, so hopefully it stays that way. Now we all know where we operate, so hopefully I won't have to go over that." As soon as Wendy was finished, Commander Holleran showed up with Shinoa, who was fully dressed in her SRU Uniform. "Good morning Team Five, here's your newest recruit, Constable Shinoa Hasegawa. Took her baby steps in the Royal Canadian Air Force." Shinoa herself looked over all nervous, despite being used to having all eyes on her. "Thank you Commander Holleran." She said happily before turning her attention to Shinoa. "Nice of you to join us, Shinoa. Please, tell us about yourself." Hopefully she wasn't going to be scared away, because Wendy wanted to make their newest member feel welcome despite not having a say on whether or not Shinoa was going to be on the team.

Cst. Shinoa Hasegawa

Nervously, Shinoa adjusted the bow that kept her braids up. While it didn't match the Uniform, it did in fact match her hair. However, everyone on the team had unusually colored hair, so there was nothing to be ashamed of. Obviously she wasn't there to share her life story, since that'll probably bore everyone to death. "Please Sergeant, the honor's mine." She said curtly while wondering what to say about herself. "Well, my name is Shinoa Hasegawa. Before coming her to the Strategic Response Unit, I served in the Air Force. I spent for eight years in both Iraq and Afghanistan as a Combat Search And Rescue Officer. Like, if a Unit is ever stranded in a Combat Zone, I'm sent in to get them out of there." To be honest, Shinoa was glad to finally be out of the military, because it did indeed get stressful after a while. If she was being honest, she felt disillusioned and disenchanted after spending time in Afghanistan. Now, she was pretty much trading in one war zone, which was on the other side of the globe, for one at home, where she would be fighting criminals instead of terrorists. At the moment, she was hoping that she wasn't going to be scorned or belittled by the team, but their Team Leader seemed nice. "I look forward to working with you guys. I already tried my hand at making the world a better place...And you can see how that went. So now I'll...Try to make my city a better place. If we all work together...I'm sure we can accomplish that."

Logan Walker/Ashley Walker/Matthew Thompson

"Is it out turn to introduce ourselves?" Logan asked, glancing around. "Guess so. Well I am Dr. Ashley Walker, resident psycologist for Team 5." "Matthew Walker, I'm your tech person. Need a security feed hacked? I'm your man. Need to find your password? I am also your man." Matt said, waving slightly. "Well guess that leaves me..." Logan said, sitting up with a groan. "I'm Logan Walker, your sniper extrordinaire. Pleasure to have you on the team." He said.

"Team 5! Gear up, hot call at Central Mall, reported shots fired, one casualty." The Dispatcher said through the intercoms, and alarm starting to go off as well. "Looks like you can start off quick and easy, let's keep the peace!" Logan shouted, quickly rising and jogging to the armory, grabbing guns and loading them into the back off the trucks, he grabs his cap off the dashboard as he hops into a car, Ashley heading into the second car and Matthew taking up the command vehicle.

Sgt. Wendy Ishikawa/Cst. Shinoa Hasegawa

The new girl seemed really shy, but Wendy wanted to make sure she was comfortable instead of feeling out of place. When the team introduced themselves, Shinoa felt more at home. Before they could start having a friendly chat, the team alarm went off and Team Five was called into action. "Alright rookie, let's see what you can do." Wendy smiled before heading to the Armory to grab their firearms. Of course, they had to be quick about since they were now on call. Shinoa was going to ride with Wendy while Logan rode with Ashley. Then there was Matt taking their Mobile Command Center. Sirens blaring, Team Five was now en route to Central Mall.

En route, Wendy contacted the Inspector in charge. "Lock all exits down, nobody gets in or out unless they're in Uniform. Keep everybody calm until SRU is on scene."

Jessica Soto

Earlier in the day, High School Junior Jessica Soto spent her day mostly cleaning her room. Life hasn't been all that easy for her since her Father passed away. Her Father's passing led to her mother becoming an alcoholic. The poor choice has led to Jessica working a full-time job so that she could support herself and her chronically alcoholic mother. Despite her attempts to set her Mother back on the correct path, there has been no avail. But the young girl still had hope for the future. However, not too long ago, she was sexually assaulted by a local gang member, who has since been locked up. After failing to get her Mother out of bed, Jessica ended up leaving for work. Upon exiting her Apartment Building, she saw a bunch of graffiti near the front door and saw a small group of girls waiting for her by the gate. While they hurled taunts at her, she just ignored them and continued to Central Mall while her Mother would most likely go on an unfortunate drinking binge later.

~A few hours later~

At work, her Manager noticed that something had been bothering her, but Jessica refused to talk about it, attempting to keep things professional. While on break, Jessica is confronted by the same gang of women that were at her Apartment. Despite her attempts to ignore them, she would be assaulted and tackled to the ground. One of the girls took a pair of scissors and started cutting up her hair, nearly to smithereens. However, her once-long hair had been reduced to shoulder length, while cut unevenly and she now had a few cuts and bruises on her face. After a brief struggle, she managed to snag a revolver and shot one of the girls in the abdomen before fleeing.

~SRU arrives on scene~

Matthew/Ashley/Logan

Matthew parked the Mobile Command Center next to the police bloackade, stepping out of the driver and to the computer. "3:23 PM, SRU on scene, reported shot fired." Matthew said, the words typing out automatically onto the transcript. "Alright we have one gunman, maybe more, any word on the gun?" Logan asked, stepping out of the car, grabbing an MP5 rather than his rifle. "Handgun, rifle, you name it."Where is your rifle?" "Too many innocents... I can't take the risk." He said, letting it sit at his waist. "Matt, see if we can pull some witnesses, We need a suspect." Logan said, then walking up to Wendy. "Already one it!" Matt said, trying to search security cameras. "Orders?" Ryan asked, jogging up and glancing at them, then to the crowd that was visible through the doors. "Ah... This one will be a needle in a haystack, yeah?" He added on.

Sgt. Ishkawa/Cst. Hasegawa

Upon getting out of their vehicle, both Wendy and Shinoa were scanning around. A young woman was unconscious, being treated for a gunshot wound. Wendy overheard her team speaking about their weapons cache. "Yeah, I'd rather you don't use your Rifle, Logan, we're gonna be indoors anyway." The team all had their handguns, so Wendy just grabbed her MP-5. "So, Rookie, what'll it be?" She asked. Shinoa looked blankly at the Weapons available. "If you have a Shotgun, I'll take that." Shinoa said in a shy manner, still adjusting to being on the team. "Alright, Ash, I want you to go ahead and set up in the Security Room, check out some security footage for our suspect, or suspects, including the one with EMS. Logan, Matt, you guys are Bravo Team scanning the second floor, Shinoa and I are Alpha Team, we'll scan the ground floor. If any suspects are captured, bring them to Ash for questioning. If anything comes up, let me know. All good? Alright, let's keep the peace." Wendy finished the briefing as the team headed into the mall.

Sadly for Team Five, the mall was rather crowded and there were too many people to question. There was also the potential for looters; people who take advantage of the situation to steal and loot some of the kiosks and stores. For Wendy and Shinoa, their search led them to the girl's on the second floor, where Shinoa found cut up brown hair that was rather lengthy. "Team Five, I think I know what we're dealing with. From what I'm seeing here in the girl's bathroom, I'm guessing there was a gang initiation gone wrong. Looks involuntary, Victim fought back. Scissors and brown hair on the floor and there's a bullet whole next to the hand-dryer. Only other possible motive is revenge. But gang related for sure." As Shinoa relayed information to the team, Wendy started looking through a backpack that was left behind. "Alright, there's also a backpack left here." As she looked through the books, she bacame concerned. "No names in any of the books. Came from Brockton High. Novels...One person's a reader. Okay I found a name tag on one of the journals. Ash, I also need you to run the name 'Jessica Soto'. Let me know what you can find. Also, if this is gang related, we need to figure out what gang is involved. Anything on your end, boys?"

Jessica Soto ~ Rosalie Matthews, Lindsey Mullins, Verna Lucas

While Shoppers minded their own business most of the time, Jessica was still on the run from her would-be victimizers, who were still looking for her and bickering amongst one another, especially after what happened to Virginia, who was shot by Jessica in Self-Defense.

Ashley/Logan/Matt

Ashley made a brisk walk toward the control room, nodding to the security guards as she walked in. "Ashley Walker, Police Strategic Response Unit, We will be setting up here for the duration of is call." She said, taking a seat as she started checking security feeds for anything. "No sign of anything out of the ordinary, have uniforms on the exits checking everybody on the way out, do we have an ID on the injured?" She asked, opening a new tab and typng in Jessica Soto's name. "Still sweeping, we are having stores lockdown so nobody can leave or enter them as we pass, no sign of them." Logan said, walking into a store and quickly sweeping it. "Guys I have an ID on Jessica Soto, late teens, dark hair, caucasian. My guess is she is the one who shot, assume her armed." Ashley said as she went back to camera feeds. "I'm going to try and see if I can get anything out anybody, hopefully someone saw our subjects." Matt said, jogging downstairs to the main floor to start questioning witnesses. "Wendy from what you see, what kind of gun are we looking at?" Logan asked, clearing the last shop, then glanced to his side to see a few girls bickering about something. He didn't pay it much attention as the shooting was on the first floor. "Possible witnesses or subjects, going to question them." Logan said after a moment, walking their way. Once he got close and in front of them he motioned for them to stop. "Excuse me ladies, did you the shooter or perhaps anything related to it, like anyone else who walked into the bathroom before the shot?" He asked, giving them a hard stare, knowing teens were ones to lie often.

Sgt. Ishkawa/Cst. Hasegawa

"Excellent, Ash. Make sure no one gets in or out. I don't want anybody leaving until we get a grip on what's going on. I'll be meeting you in the security room after I get an ID on the injured before she goes to the Hospital...If she's even still alive. Logan, keep at it." When they had the ID on Jessica, Shinoa felt something was amiss. "What's up rookie?" Wendy asked as they exited the girl's bathroom, the scissors in a zip-lock bag for evidence along with the unclaimed book bag in hand. "Ash, run a profile on Soto. Something's telling me that she's the victim in all this." Shinoa said boldly before handing the backpack and scissors over to Wendy, who went back outside to ID the injured girl. While outside, Wendy noticed a Tattoo on the girl's arm. "Ash, while you're at it, run a profile on Virginia Beck. Also have a Tattoo here. A Tribal Spider in black ink. Most likely gang association. On my way to you now." Wendy would then make her way to the Security Room while Shinoa went to group up with Matt on Wendy's orders, questioning mall patrons along the way. When Logan said that he was going to question potential witnesses, Wendy felt uneasy. "Alright. But don't waste your time, too many potential witnesses and suspect is still on the loose."

The girls would be stopped by Logan. As he stared them down, they just stared back. "No, we didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary, officer. But we did see a girl with her hood up walking out. Not sure what direction she was headed in, but she did looked a little banged up. She had her hood up, so it was hard to see anything." Rosalie said, being the first to reply. Lindsey just kept quiet. While it wasn't obvious, Verna was hiding the fact that her arm was grazed when Virginia got shot. "So are you detaining us? Or are we free to go?" Rosalie asked.

Sgt Ishikawa

"Just let them go. Don't waste your time. When me and Ash get everything figured out...We'll know who to look for." Wendy ordered, asking Logan to let the girls go since it wasn't like they'd be able to leave the mall anyway. By now, Police had the mall on complete lock down. No one was allowed in, no one was allowed out. All exits were blocked, even the employee ones by Police Barricades. 

The Black Spiders would use the Lockdown to their advantage. After their encounter with Logan, the girls went back to their vendetta. Upon making it back to the ground floor, they spotted Jessica trying to escape. Rosalie would yank a pistol out of her purse and opened fire. All the shots fired at Jessica missed, but a lot glass ended up shattering as Mall Patrons began to scramble in a panic. Rosalie and Lindsey were able to run into a nearby clothing store before they were spotted by officers. On the other hand, Verna, who was unlucky enough, would be chased down and apprehended before being taken to the Security Room, handcuffed.

Matthew/Austin

"Wendy I found the boss of Jessica, his name is Austin, had you seen anything out of the ordinary?" Matt asked, glancing at him. He was able to be heard by the whole team. "Yeah... Uh... She seemed out of it, like something was wrong with her, I tried approaching her about it but she blew me off, then some girls followed her in, but I didn't see thier faces..." He said, trying hard to keep his voice level. "She's a good kid... Please don't hurt her..." He added, looking down on the verge of tears. "Get that?" Matt asked.

Logan

"Yeah..." He said, giving the girls a last glare as he let them pass, motioning for them to go. He stayed upstairs, still searching for anything of value. When he heard the shots his first instinct was too look, and seeing the shattered glass downstairs he quickly ran down and looked for the shooter, and by the time he was there he saw one of the girls from before handcuffs. "We have two more suspects loose at least, the girl you just picked up wasn't alone." He said, jogging around to calm everyone down and check for any injured. 

Ashley

"Jessica doesn't live in a good place, alcoholic mother and no record on the father from what I see. She keeps up, good grades and no drug or alcohol abuse noted. As for the tattoo I will run it by Guns and Gangs." She said, then turned as the girl was brought in and sat down. "So... Tell me about your friends... And Jessica Soto, any problems with her?" She asked.

Wendy/Shinoa ~ Verna Lucas

"Alright Matt, whatcha got for me?" She asked, giving him her full attention. While listening to Austin speak, Wendy felt her heart sink. Even for a battle-hardened police officer, Wendy was still human. Things like this, more often then not, reminded her to keep her humanity in check. Shinoa listened as well, and shook her head as she continued to scan the mall. "I believe him, Boss." Shinoa said as she continued to scan the mall. "Tell Austin we're not gonna hurt her, we're gonna get to the bottom of this, even if it takes us all night." Wendy stated before going back to profiling with Ashley, who then read down the Profile to her. A tear went down Wendy's eye, but she wiped it away within a heartbeat. Suddenly, gunshots rang out. Shinoa ran up the stairs and bolted to where she heard the shots rang out. By then everyone was running around in a panic. As Verna got separated from her friends, she found herself bumping into Shinoa, who chased her down and handcuffed her. "Alright Logan, thanks for the heads up. When we identify the other suspects, we'll let you know. I'll take her over to Ash and the boss." Shinoa would take Verna to Wendy and Ashley before going back into the Mall to help Logan and Matt flush out the other suspects while at the same time keeping mall patrons calm.

Next, Wendy would give the order to get all mall patrons to exit all stores and gather up in a single line. When Verna arrived, she was at Ashley's Mercy. "See what you get out of her, I'll talk to Guns and Gangs." Wendy said before stepping aside to use the Phone to talk to Guns and Gangs while Ashley interrogated their guest. "Well, we're just High School Students. Doing our own thing. Enjoying our youth." She said nervously. "And Jessica...she's a liar and a troublemaker. She doesn't get along with any of my friends, bullies them regularly and then she lied about my Best Friend's Boyfriend...and now he's in jail. God knows when he's getting out. Oh and when we ran into her today, she shot one of them and...shot me in the arm." She said, covering the graze on her arm with her hand and keeping the sleeves of her jacket down so that her tattoo would not be discovered.

When Wendy got off the phone, she was not happy... "Someone call my lawyer..." She growled into the Team's Wireless Communication, not caring if it was on transcript or not. Whenever she said that, it was often a bad sign. Lastly, she took a step outside to take a breather so that her hot temper would not take hold of her, since she couldn't afford to have her judgment clouded. She was a Police Officer, not a Judge, not part of a Jury and CERTAINLY not an Executioner.

Jessica Soto ~  Rosalie Matthews, Lindsey Mullins

After everything calmed down, Rosalie and Lindsey exited the clothing store, albeit not in their own clothing. Matter of fact, they were wearing stolen clothing as they left, having triggered the sensors, but not like they cared. Meanwhile, Jessica hid inside a Skate Shop, where she hid in the fitting room, mortified by her hair cut and contemplating suicide. Because the cops had them cornered, the girls had to be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logan Walker

Having heard Wendy before she went outside, he sighed and jogged outside after her, slowing down next to her and matching her pace. He took out his communicator so what he said wouldn't end up on the transcript. "What'd they say?" He asked, glancing at her with a worried look on his face.

Ashley Walker
"Hmph... So she is the one who causes problems... So who's hair was found in the girl's bathroom, and why are you trying to kill her? I doubt it is over something as trivial as one girl causing a little bit of trouble. Tell me the real story, or we can find your friends and get them to tell us before they try putting some more rounds into this girl." She said, leaning forward with a hard stare at the girl. "Also, is something wrong with your arm? If so we can get EMS to take a look." She added.

Matt Walker/Austin

"We aren't going to hurt her, sir. Now stay here an officer will be here to escort you out of the building." Matthew said, and Austin nodded as Matt jogged off and tapped an officer on the shoulder, motioning for him to take Austin off the premises. "We are moving the witness out of the building, anything on the other two?" Matt asked, looking around for any sign of the two girls who were shooting earlier.

Wendy Ishikawa ~ Verna Lucas

As Wendy placed her Phone back into her pocket, she also took off her headset, even shutting it off. She wanted to scream due to the amount of anger she currently felt. She turned when she heard Logan's voice. "Girls belong to a gang called the Black Spiders. As for Jessica, she's been flagged under attempted rape. Suspect was Marco Richards. He was arrested a few weeks ago after she came to the Cops about what happened." She then placed her ear piece back on before heading inside, with an angered look on her face. She then saw Verna talking to Ashley. Looks like Ashley wasn't buying the story that the girl was giving. Finally, she mentioned something about Jessica shooting her in the arm. "Oh did she now, let's take a look." Wendy growled before grabbing the girl's wrist in a rather forceful manner and raising her sleeve to see a gunshot wound. Specifically, the bullet grazed her arm. "Okay Verna, you're gonna tell the names of all your friends. I'm guessing they're all Black Spiders too."

At that moment, Wendy forced the girl to her feet and took her over to a cluster of photographs, noticing that she was staring at a photo with the name 'Rosalie Matthews' written at the bottom in sharpie. Wendy took note. "Rosalie Matthews." Verna looked around her. "What the hell, I didn't say that."

"Alright, now let's talk about what the fuck happened after you gave Jessica that haircut." Wendy replied, folding her arms before again leaving her at the mercy of Ashley, forcing the girl to tell her what happened...

Jessica Soto ~ Rosalie Matthews, Lindsey Mullins ~ Shinoa Hasegawa

Meanwhile, Shinoa was ensuring that all Mall Patrons were being moved to the center of the mall and even called out a few shoplifters. Finally she regrouped with Matt. "No sign of the other two girls. But we're gonna flush them out eventually. They can't hide forever." She said. A few seconds after, Lindsey ended up getting a little too close to a sensor and triggering an alarm. She would then attempt to make a break for it, but ended up running into Matt and falling to the ground. With Lindsey done for, Rosalie herself would attempt to run, only to find a Shotgun in her face. "I don't think so. Now put your goddamn hands over your head!" Rosalie did what she was told reluctantly as Shinoa handed her Handgun to another Police Officer, who put it in a Ziploc Bag to send over to Forensics. Finally, all the girls found themselves at the mercy of Ashley and Wendy.

"Logan, go help Shinoa and Matt. Me and Ashley will deal with them." Now that all four girls were in custody. "Alright ladies, you're gonna tell me what the hell is going on here. I don't know what it is, and that's where you're gonna help me, whether you like it or not." She growled in an intimidating manner.

As the evacuation finished, Jessica left a tearful message for her Mother, who was most likely out on another drinking binge before calling Austin. "Austin...I...I just wanted to say thank you for being so nice to me..." After she said her last words to him, she hung up before turning the gun on herself. But before she could pull the trigger, she heard some footsteps, so she ended up setting it aside before opening a ventilation shaft and escaping that way. It did not take long for Shinoa to catch on and it wouldn't be long until the Rookie found herself chasing the girl up the media tower. The sight that greeted her when she got to the top would haunt her nightmares, Jessica was preparing to commit suicide, but was still holding on. "Boss...She's standing over a ledge...What do I do?" She asked, having never dealt with a situation like this before.

Matt/Logan

Matt, took a steadying step forward as he was ran into to, then quickly turned and aimed on Lindsey. "Stop right there! Right there! On your knees!" He shouted, lowering his gun to quickly cuff her and bring her to Ashley. "Subjects detained, seems we only have the victim left..." Then he heard what Shinoa said and his eyes widened. "Boss... Possible suicide..." Logan said, glancing around worriedly. "I'm heading up after Shinoa... Just try talking to her for now, don't do anything sudden." He said, leaving his MP5 by the trucks and quickly jogging up toward where Shinoa and the girl was. He silently came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder to indicate he was behind her.

Shinoa/Wendy

When Logan came up behind her, Shinoa was a little spooked, but kept her composure and focus on Jessica. When she heard that Jessica was standing over a ledge and hanging onto railings, Wendy's anger only got worse as she turned to the four girls. However, she kept calm because she wasn't an executioner. But really, she wanted to take the girls into an interrogation room and beat the crap out of them for what they did today. Sadly that would only get her suspended and she didn't want to deal with that. "Alright, Shinoa...I believe in you. Talk her down. But take it slow and be gentle with her. She's on the edge...literally and figuratively. She has no home support and according to her boss, she's barely holding on. She's a victim of Attempted Rape and she was targeted for going to us about what happened with the Black Spiders. I'll be here if you need me...Logan, give them some space. Matt, go take care of the citizens on the street. Ashley and I will continue interrogating the subjects before sending them off."

Shinoa took a deep breath before handing her Shotgun to Logan, who was behind her and then motioning for him to step back. "Jessica, my name is Shinoa. We don't have to talk...But I'd really like it if we could." The purple haired officer took a step closer while taking a latch out so that she could stand with Jessica out on the ledge. "I'll take a step closer, so you can hear me." Deep down, Shinoa wanted to panic, but she was better then that. "Thanks for not jumping...But are you feeling any better?"

The younger woman shook her head. "Well...I'm really sorry to hear that. But I've never seen anyone so brave, standing up for themselves and doing the right thing." Jessica only nodded. She was having a lot of trouble deciding on whether or not to jump. "Can you tell me what happened today...With those girls?"

"They...They think I lied to you guys...About Rosalie's Boyfriend...About what he did to me." Clearly the girl was frightened, not to mention she was crying and could barely speak. "No...You didn't. You told the truth and there's nothing wrong with that. You made the city a better place by coming to us." Jessica shook her head. "It doesn't matter. Because I'm dead anyway...I can't go to school...I can't go to work, I can't even go home. No one's ever there for me. My Mom just drinks every single day and God knows what happened to my Dad. I have no one. There's no point, I'm already dead...You don't understand, you don't know what its like..."

Hearing those words broke Shinoa's heart. "Jessica, it matters. It does. You took a stand and fought back. Same with those girls." Jessica shook her head once more. "I killed one of them today." To that, Shinoa was confused. "The girl's okay, she just had surgery and she's gonna be okay." Upon hearing Wendy, Shinoa was relieved. "No Jessica, you didn't kill anyone. The girl is at the Doctor's, getting fixed up. Just...Take my hand and let's climb over..."

"No, I can't. I'm dead anyway. I can't go anywhere without having a bulls eye on my back..." Shinoa continued to keep her eyes on Jessica. "I know what its like to be in that position. I know what its like to have no one there for you. I understand what you're going through. You have the rest of your life, a bright future and everything. Its gonna be tough, but its gonna be great. I promise." In terms of having no home support, she knew exactly how Jessica felt because she was never accepted by her own family, especially after her Sister and her Mother died. "And that's why I'm here. To help you turn things around. I'll find help for your Mom and I'll make sure no one continues to hurt you..."

To that, Jessica calmed down. "Now please, take my hand..." Just as she was about to grab Shinoa's hand, she slipped and was about to plummet to her death. Luckily thanks to Shinoa's own reflexes, she dived and caught Jessica before she even had a chance to fall any further, but the two were now dangling from the rappling rope that she tied to the railing. Now they just had to way for Logan to pull them up. That military training really, really paid off...

Logan Walker

Logan watched quietly as Shinoa talked down the girl and actually got her to climb off, but then she slipped and both of them took a tumble. He lunged forward, but knew he had to rely on Shinoa to make the grab. He sighed in relief when he saw her holding the girl and he quickly worked to pull the two up, but it took a few minutes. "Boss we got her, she's safe." He said as he helped the girl over the edge and walked her down to the ground level.

Matt

"Alright everyone! I need you to clear away from the street! Everybody stay behind the barricades, we have the situation under control!" He shouted, turning to see two bodies drop and then hover in mid-air. "Thank God..." He muttered under his breath, smiling as he watched the two get pulled back over the edge.

Ashley

"I hope you realize that that girl almost killed herself over what you did." She scolded, glaring at them harshly as she heard that she was safe. Some officers came by and took them away to be processed, and Ashley sighed in relief and left the building, heading toward the trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread