In Character Chat

stellar.nova

queen of the stars

I am honored that you have chosen Parthena Olympia University. Remember that we offer a variety of majors and encourage students to embark on the adventure of their future to achieve their dreams.

As of now, you are traveling to the Island of Olympia, where our University is housed. Do take care not to get seasick, as I am sure not many of you are used to travel on a boat. Our boat offers many luxuries, including a hot buffet, a game room, and a relaxing upper deck. Please, do, be kind to the employees. They work rather hard for me, you see, and do their best to serve the University itself.

I do hope that you will make yourselves comfortable.

Please remember that upon embarking, you will be pointed up the path to the university by one of the employees. Once you have arrived, you will be given until 7P.M. to ready yourselves for this evening's banquet where we will be discussing our plans for the rest of the semester. As a new University, we are required to set our base, which means a bunch of boring table talk, my apologies. There will be music and excellent catering, the finest in Greek cuisine, I am told. Cliche, I know, but I wanted to you get a good taste of your new home.

I look forward to meeting each and every one of you in person to discuss your goals and desires.

Sincerely,

@PixieDust @crucialstar @TheWeirdPhilosopher @StarrySkyofLostSouls @mxlly @Ritzy @TheTraveller @TheOnlyPaul @ScatteredStars @Versailles @Uxie @Jefferson @LaDyGrEy @Iskander @Kiroshiven @kaito9049 @Seraph Darkfire @FlyingNimbus

Last edited:
b40831b30d29fe1e4b92584e3e13dcc2.jpg
"I would give anything to feel more than nothing."
Clodagh O'Sullivan
Hecate
  • Guild: N/A
  • Scenario: Hm. How Boring.
  • With: N/A
  • Mentions: N/A
  • Wearing: This

"Dramatic." A simple word, coming from an equally simple person, really. The owner of the voice seemed unamused by what they were seeing, whatever it was they were seeing. Clodagh recognized the voice as her mother's, and what her mother was seeing was, well, her. She allowed her gaze to fall from the vast expanse of forest laid out before her. Ireland really was beautiful. Instead, her gaze met her feet which balanced ever so effortlessly on the balcony railing. Not impressive really. Of course, most would find it dangerous or terrifying, considering she was on the sixth floor of her family's estate. She wished it were higher. In fact, she wished it were high enough to scare her, but that didn't seem possible. She was perfectly relaxed. Well, less so now that her mother was scrutinizing her.

"Dramatic? No. If it were dramatic, I'd be jumping." Clodagh sighed and fell purposefully onto the railing in a comfortable sitting position and allowed her grey-blue eyes to shift to the figure of her mother. Okay then, she didn't look too happy. Her arms were crossed and her beak of a nose was turned to the sky. A glint of sharp anger made its home in her brown eyes. "Mum, you know it's fine. You've seen me do it before." And she really had, on higher buildings. Really, her mother should be used to this by now. Of course, Clodagh knew good and well that she never would be. She chalked it up to some sort of demon worship. You know those terrible, uptight Catholics you're always hearing about? Well, her Mum was a prime example. Not all Catholics were bad, really. Some chalked her quirks up to a divine miracle. But not the O'Sullivan family. Oh no. Anything she did was chalked up to Satan himself. It was amusing really...if she hadn't been through so much. Completely isolated she was. Not to mention the torturous exorcisms she had been forced to go through.

"Come inside Chloe. There's a chill." No, there was no chill. She was just looking for excuses. Heaven forbid she would actually want her daughter inside. She must need to talk about something. Clodagh sighed and stood up from the balcony rail, rather reluctantly she might add, then followed her mother into her bedroom. It was a rather luxurious bedroom, a four-poster bed, a wardrobe, a desk. All decked out in the finest of purple silk. Any girl would kill to have this room. She had to admit it was nice, but it just wasn't her. Objects couldn't make someone happy, that was such a silly idea. What her eyes settled on was her luggage that she had just finished packing the night before, sitting on the wooden trunk at the end of her bed. Her mother had sent her with a lot, and of course, she refused to leave her collection of swords. "Are you ready to go? The car is waiting downstairs."

So that's what this was about. Her mother was all too ready to send her away. She should have felt some sort of emotion from that realization, but she felt nothing. She may have felt something when she was younger and this situation first began, but she had grown so used to the lack of a mother's touch that there was nothing to miss anymore. She couldn't even remember how it felt. Considering how cold her Mum was, it must have felt horrible. "Yes. Did Keiran say he would come?" Keiran was her fencing tutor and the closest thing she had to someone she cared about. He was a gruff old man with very little emotion to show, but what he did show was to her, and it was always loving. He had shown her the only thing that made her feel alive. Sure, she was connected to fencing, why wouldn't she be when it was all she had?

COLOR=#ee82ee]"I'm sure Keiran has more important things to do than say goodbye to an ungrateful child."[/COLOR] Clodagh couldn't help but wince. he had his own life, sure. But he had no family of his own. Surely he could spare an hour of his time for her. It was then that she came to the realization. Her mother hadn't even asked the man. Her only desire couldn't even be met. She never asked for anything other than just this once, and not even that wish could have been granted.

COLOR=#800080]"You didn't even ask him. Did you?"[/COLOR] Clodagh didn't sound upset. In fact, her tone didn't change from the smooth monotony that it typically held. She dared not look at her mother, instead, keeping her own steely gaze on the floor. She made no move to do anything. Instead, she allowed her shoulders to fall. She should have known not to get her hopes up about anything. "Send me some servants to help me carry my luggage when you leave." She didn't add a please, they were beyond that now. But when she looked up to check that her mother had heard her, she noticed that she spoke to nothing but an empty room. Her mother hadn't even cared enough to say goodbye.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Clodagh sat on what she thought was called the bow of the boat, which was the front of it. Her luggage was somewhere in the luggage compartment and not to be worried about for just right now. It was windy as they sailed, her hair had been blowing carelessly in the wind and getting in her face. Perhaps it hadn't been in her best interest to sit on the railing at the very tip of the boat. But, instead of moving, the simply tied her hair up and out of her face. It was a simple fix really. Besides, she rather liked where she sat now, with her leg hanging over the edge of the boat, dangling dangerously above the water. Still, no thrill attached, but there was enough of the danger of falling in to hold her interest.

In her hand was her own copy of the letter that had been given out to them. Written to them by the same mysterious "N" who had written to them all to tell them about the wonders of this new Parthena Olympia University, located in the Greek Islands. It was as far away from home as she could get, and she wasn't one to complain. She re-read the letter, then sighed at how utterly vague and apologetic it sounded. With a roll of her eyes, she crumpled up the paper and tossed it into the ocean. Not too great for the environment, she was sure, but she was almost daring someone to challenge her. A good battle of the tongue would suffice in curing her boredom. There were a great many people on this boat, there ought to be someone brave enough to come and talk to this morose and somber looking girl who sat precariously on the edge of death itself.

"Perhaps Mum is right, you are a touch dramatic today." She said it aloud and to herself, as she leaned over and scrutinized the sea beneath her. It was rather pretty, and there were a couple dolphins that she could see swimming with the boat beneath the waves. "Shame it isn't higher up. That would be a thrill wouldn't it? Sitting high up with a greater chance of falling into the dangerous sea." She sighed once again. This girl seemed only to sigh. Unsurprising, really, when considering the fact that she was looking to feel something. She could never feel things anymore. Not fear. Not love. It was utterly disappointing. "Disappointing, indeed."

Last edited:

64e07452ac5784e4b7aaac2e787b699e.png

3a419156e53f361a2823f169aa5ca818.png

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]~Muse of History~[/COLOR]

giphy.gif

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]GUILD:[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)] [/COLOR]n/a ||[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]SCENARIO:[/COLOR] A Date With the Don||[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]LOCATION:[/COLOR] The Boat to Olympia||[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]WITH:[/COLOR] n/a||[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]MENTIONS: [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]n/a[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]___________________________________[/COLOR]

The haunting melody of the Moonlight Sonata could be heard from the living room of a quaint three bedroom cottage in the English countryside. A young woman sat bolt upright at an antique piano stool of mahogany letting the melody flow through her fingers as they glided along the black and white keys. Her features were not furrowed in concentration as though playing did not come naturally, but relaxed and free was her demeanour as though she had been playing all her life. She had been playing all her life. At least since the age of three and to an exceptional concert pianist standard. Her parents loved to recall how she had learned Beethoven's ninth symphony at the tender age of three in a matter of minutes, stacking cushions onto the piano stool to reach the keys. Quite honestly, her parents loved to recall anything she did because she was their little prodigy with an intelligence quote of one-hundred and sixty-nine. The ideal scholar's daughter.

"Frankie dear, there's a letter here for you!" The girl's previously closed eyes snapped open and her hands ceased their playing. She was not particularly surprised that she had received a letter. She received them often, usually from her alma mater Christchurch College inviting her to speak on Medieval history, so naturally she thought nothing of a letter as she followed the sound of her mother's voice into the front  hallway.

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Is it uni again? Only I fear I'll be too busy to do another talk for perhaps six weeks. I'm writing a brief history of the Aztecs." [/COLOR]Her mother gave her a look that seemed unconvinced.

"Brief darling? Brevity has never been your strong point Francesca. No it's not from university. Really I'm not quite sure who it is from..."

Her curiosity peaked, Francesca took the letter and opened it then and there. What she discovered within the content was to change the course of her life indefinitely.

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]---------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]

Francesca knew she should probably shut her book and rest her eyes for a moment, but the fate of the Corleone family simply could not wait to be discovered. In the back of her head, reason was telling her that staying sedentary for so long was not healthy and a brisk walk on the deck of the boat would do her some good. She finally gave in to reason, huffed slightly so that her cheeks puffed out and shut the book she was reading forlornly glancing at the spine which read 'The Godfather By Mario Puzo'.

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Don't worry Vito. I'll be back..."[/COLOR] she muttered softly to the book before tucking it back in her functional brown bag and standing from her seat on the deck. Looking around her it finally dawned on her just how many people their were, all her age and all rather intimidating. She found herself fiddling with the hem of her cardigan and wondering whether anyone enjoyed reading War and Peace in Russian as much as she did. She highly doubted it. She found that she was lost in thought as she walked idly along the deck. It was a comfort for her which gave her an excuse not to talk to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

imageproxy.png

terpsichore, muse of dance

tumblr_nfmky09iel1sonfswo7_250.gif

guild: n/a || location: home -> ship
feelings: hungry

interactions: n/a || mentions: n/a

She was perched on a chair, studying a notebook she'd found when digging up all her stuff to pack. She hadn't much to bring, most of her belongings not carrying much sentimental value. Her two luggages consisted mainly of clothes, toiletries, and just a few knick knacks here and there. Ara swivelled the chair around, her head turning to glance out the window. She wondered amiably what living in Greece would be like. She'd been there once, on her travels, but she had no idea how it'd feel like to be a resident. Reaching down to her drawer, she fished out the letter, fancy seal still mostly intact with her careful opening. She grazed her fingertips gently against the paper, before folding it neatly and putting it into a pocket of her bag. Ara slung it over her shoulder and headed downstairs, closing the door to her room as she left.

She found herself heading towards the dance studio she'd requested for her 14th birthday on the first floor of the family house, tucked into a little corner, her own little sanctuary. She dropped her bag on the sofa beside her luggage as she passed, and entered her studio, inhaling the familiar scent that brought comfort to her. She stepped gracefully on the wooden floor, doing the steps to a dance she'd already engraved into a corner of her mind.

"Ara, have you got all your stuff?" A voice at the door brought her out of her trance, and she turned to find her mother standing there. "You know, if you forget something, there's no way for me to send it over-" Ara pursed her lips and cut her off deftly.
"엄마, I'll be alright. I'm 21-"

"Don't interrupt your mother." Her mother shot her a warning look, before her face softened. "I worry. Are mothers not allowed to be concerned about their daughters anymore?" Ara smiled, and pulled her mother into a hug. 
"I promise I'll be fine, okay? You don't have to worry about my well-being or my grades." The joke passed unnoticed, as seen by the serious expression that remained on her mother's face, that told her she had better take the grades thing seriously.

A loud honk sounded from the front of the house, and a male voice called out his arrival. Ara squeezed her mother tightly before releasing, a farewell smile on her lips as she turned to help her brother put the luggages in the trunk of the car.

"Ara," he said as he lifted the largest suitcase up in his left hand, "You're going to Greece right?"

Ara nodded as she reached for the other suitcase and her bag, slinging it over her shoulder as she wheeled the suitcase out the door, following her brother. Jinwoo put the lifted the suitcase up and put it in the trunk, then let out a sigh as his sister came near, the second suitcase in tow. "It feels like just yesterday that you were just starting high school-"

"Don't. Don't get all sentimental on me. I'm giving obligatory face right now because you're my older brother." Jinwoo chuckled as he helped her load in the second luggage, then slammed the trunk shut. Ara turned to glance at the house, her eyes taking in the surroundings and attempting to memorise every bit of it. A piece of home that she would take with her. 

As she clambered into the car, taking care not to swing her bag against the metal doors lest she break her devices, she pulled out the letter, gazed at the contents as it swirled and pooled to form a single picture. She exhaled, and stuffed it back into her bag, replacing the parchment in her hands with a pair of earphones instead.

--------------------------------------------

Ara found herself stumbling around the buffet table, scanning the food with a keen eye and a grumbling stomach. She eyed a plate of eclairs as she loaded some pasta onto her plate, and her stomach made a small noise to remind her that if she didn't get something in there soon, it wouldn't be great. Ara glanced at her full plate, blinked, and decided it would be enough. For now. There would be seconds. There would always be seconds. As she turned, she caught sight of a passenger-another student, she assumed- staring at her, and she returned with a killer gaze that told them to screw off.

She stabbed a piece of chicken with her fork and ate it carefully, shooting the bastard a dismissive look before glancing away to find a table. Her eyes spotted an empty one, placed right in a secluded corner, seemingly calm compared to the quiet buzz of interaction in the room. Ara supposed she could try and make friends, but she wasn't about to put in that much effort on the first day when she didn't know if any of these strangers were assholes. She'd have to sit and watch. She weaved through the tables and people alike to her table, setting her plate down and digging in, though the action in itself seemed to have an odd natural grace, even though it would have looked slightly messy on others. She twirled the pasta on a fork, enjoying the neat little round layers she managed to achieve. Perfect.

A thought about not making any friends at all crossed Ara's mind, and her hand paused in the air, poised beautifully in an angular action.

Perhaps. But was that so bad? 

Well, to be honest, it did sound kind of pathetic. She was supposed to be putting herself out there, after all, and Winnie had left her with a single piece of advice for farewell, which was to be "less of a bitch". Maybe she'd try. 

Maybe.

Arte Mestiere
Guild: N/A || Location: Olympia bound Ship || Scenario: Carving an Apple || With: N/A || Mentions: N/A

Arte was sitting in a chair, leaning back against the wall, he held a small fruit knife in his hands as he cut into an apple he'd picked up off of one of the tables. The strangest thing was that his eyes were shut as his fingers moved around the apple. If it weren't for the fact that he was cutting an apple, one would assume that he was asleep. In fact, he wasn't even focusing on the apple, letting his hands wander and do what they wanted. He was more focused on where the boat was headed.

'Parthena Olympia University' he thought to himself. It seemed to be an ordinary school, though it seemed to hold more money than it needed, given the generous usage of this ship alone. Arte didn't really care about money, whether he was poor or rich didn't matter to him, even less if it was another person. What interested him was the contents of the letter he'd received.

Given how rich the University seemed to be, it wasn't too much to assume they'd used some interesting technology to make their letters change their images. However, given that Arte himself possessed  strange abilities that he'd barely touched upon. It wouldn't be too far fetched to assume the same for the letters.

'Now, if I was invited to enter this University, it is very likely that others like myself were also invited' when he'd boarded the ship, he'd noticed several people that didn't seem to be personnel of the ship. At the time, he'd wondered if they had any special gifts as well, but decided that there was no way to know for sure and immediately gave up that line of questioning. 

Instead, he'd begun to wonder exactly what it was that this University wanted from people like him. He also wondered if they actually knew anything about him. He'd actually attended classes in other schools, just not officially. However, he'd never been able to maintain his attention. What the teachers could teach him he could easily learn on his own. What he wanted was to create things. If he wasn't doing something with his hands, he grew bored and antsy. He didn't last very long in classes, especially when people freaked out when he pulled out a knife to start carving.

So when he decided to come to this University, he wondered why they'd want him anyway. He certainly wouldn't want to spend much time in the classrooms. Most likely, he was going to explore the island. Grecian stone work was quite beautiful. Not only their Architecture, but any portion of their Art could be observed with reverence. A rich place like Olympia would certainly have access to decent art works that not even Museums would have. Even if he couldn't get any information about his gifts from this place, he'd certainly get a look at their Art.

His fingers suddenly stopped and he opened his eyes, looking at his hands before letting his chair drop back down to the floor. He looked at the apple he'd been carving up and set it down on the table next to him. He'd turned this apple into a flower "Hmm, interesting, a Dianthus" he mumbled. Making sure not to cut his tongue, he popped the blade of his knife into his mouth and cleaned it off before putting it away and standing up.

Arte decided to head out and take in the fresh air. Perhaps he'd get some interesting ideas.

maxresdefault.jpg

88948a5e2a2a9833fa9fc9492d979f82.png

tumblr_inline_o1dkpe1PLT1r0bpra_500.gif

57e4f0ec9ebff479a106516a3c6bbe95.png

Guild: n/a | | [SIZE= 11px]Location: Home, The Ship | | Scenario: Aggressive Pinball | | With: n/a | | Mentions: n/a[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]Mette avoided the Garden.  She treated the outside as though it was the Black Death.  She was [/SIZE][SIZE= 11px]afraid of what was out there.  Her fear had kept her inside her house.  Being inside aided in sheltering herself from regret, however it could not keep away all the guilt.  Mette knew she had to own up to what she had done, but even glancing at the Greenhouse that stood tall in the midst of the Garden made her sick to her stomach.  The blonde stood behind the glass door in her kitchen.  She was staring through it and at the Greenhouse.  She had only been in there thrice since the incident.  Every time she was brave enough to venture into the Greenhouse she would run back out feeling more traumatised than the time before.  Mette took in a deep breath as she tried to calm her nerves.  She was going to be leaving her home for a while. Visiting the Greenhouse one more time would be the proper thing to do.  Mette reluctantly slid the glass door open and proceeded towards the daunting building.  With each step she considered turning back, however she had made her decision and that was final.  As the building grew clearer she could see the large green plants through the dirty glass.  No, it was not a giant man-eating plant that struck fear into her heart.  It was what the plants hid. The girl cursed under her breath as she tried to push the key into the lock.  Her fingers would not stop trembling.  "Dammit!" She exclaimed in a harsh whisper as the door jammed.  However, it didn't take much for it to finally give way.  The door to the Greenhouse swung open.  It's metal ridge bumped against the door stopper with a loud [/SIZE]clang![SIZE= 11px]  that broke the eerie silence.  She flinched.  Even the slightest noise could scare the girl in her current tense state.  Cautiously, she advanced inside.  She left the door open in case she had another panic and had to bolt back out.  Mette proceeded silently.  She pushed away the greenery.  She had placed the plants strategically in an effort to hide the things that haunted her.  They would also cause great alarm if they were found by anyone else.  Mette looked up as she pushed the final plant from her view.  "Hey...I'm back."  She spoke softly and with a hint of hesitance.  Before the girl stood four stone statues.  If one was to be logical, you could say that they all held an uncanny resemblance to her father, mother and two sisters.  To her misfortune, Mette knew that the answer had nothing to do with logic.  She would doubt the truth had she not seen it happen before her.  The stone statues [/SIZE]were [SIZE= 11px]her family and Mette was the reason they were like that.  They were frozen, though she didn't understand how or why.  Her sisters both stood with their arms folded and eyebrows arched.  Her father,  who was directly before her, appeared to be yelling with his hands balled into fists.  Her mother...her mother was different.  Karina Strand had not been ignorant to what was about to happen to her.  She had seen her husband and two of her children turned to stone.  She had processed it a second before Mette had turned to look at her mother, frightened.  The woman now appeared to be permanently terrified.  She had feared her daughter in that moment and now Mette was forced to see her mother looking at her in horror.  Her face would not change.  Mette knew she could not bring herself to stay there for too long.  The girl glanced away from her family.  Nervously, she reached for her pocket. "Um, so you know that letter I got-"  She began, pulling out the invite from Parthena Olympia University, "It, uh, showed me something."  The blonde held the folded letter out before her in her shaking grasp.  It was as if she were offering to one of them.  In her mind she still thought one of them would take it and have a look for themselves.  "I..." She trailed off.  Mette could not look them in the eye.  She fidgeted.  She was anxious and she could feel her stomach twisting.  Flustered, Mette blew a strand of her curly hair out of her face and shoved the letter back into her pocket.  "Whatever.  I just thought that perhaps they might [/SIZE][SIZE= 11px]know how to help you...but I'm not sure."[/SIZE][SIZE= 11px]  She shrugged, spiritless.  Mette smiled sadly,  "Anyway.  I'll be back soon.  Just...wait."  She sighed at her choice of wording.  It wasn't as if they were going anywhere.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]Mette spun on her heel.  She began to wander back in the direction she had come from.  Dissimilar to the other three times, she left without haste.  She placed the plants back in their positions to hide the statues.  Her family was well-known.  It was not as if they could hide away in the shadows forever.  Mette understood that there was a high risk that people would see her though her lie.  They would realise her family was indeed not on holiday.  [/SIZE][SIZE= 11px]"I am so sorry." [/SIZE][SIZE= 11px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 11px]She apologised as she locked her petrified family in the Greenhouse.  Although they rarely saw eye to eye, Mette cared about them deeply.  Now she had put her faith in a letter.  [/SIZE]A letter.[SIZE= 11px]  The girl found it difficult to fathom her own choice.  She detested the idea on relying on anything or anyone that was not herself.  However, Mette was aware that in this case she was very limited for options.  She heaved a sigh before walking away from the Greenhouse.  In spite of feeling despondent, she was dry-eyed.  Mette could feel a lot, but she would only express very little.  The ability to mask her emotions was something that Agnar and Karina had taught her from a young age.  They did not want to deal with another [/SIZE]'difficult'[SIZE= 11px] child.  This was one of the many reasons why she had despised them.  Regardless, Mette had love in her heart for them.  She had to, somewhere, or she would not feel the way she did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px] -    -    -   -   -   -   -   -   -  -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]Mette had never been far from her Norwegian home.  Travel was a luxury her parents [/SIZE]could[SIZE= 11px] afford.  However, they [/SIZE]never[SIZE= 11px] spent their wealth on that.  They believed that a holiday would cut out of Mette's 'precious' study time.  Their strict regime and lack of interest for what Mette truly enjoyed infuriated her.  Mette twisted her lips was she was reminded of their harsh rules.  She was looking out of a window with a lifeless gaze.  The blonde had not spoken with anyone on board the ship.  The occasional staff member would come over but she would wave them off.  She was not in a very pleasant mood.  Her mind was racing but she was very sitting still.  She was filled with what could have been limitless questions.  If everyone aboard the ship was alike, they all would have received the letter.  The letter that had words that disappeared, pooling together to show them what they desired.  Perhaps that was not even it.  The letter could have shown anyone anything.  Still, it did not make it any less strange.  Mette was sure it had not been just some magic trick.  She could have worked it out if it had been.  However, she had not seen anyone gossiping about it or freaking out.  The whole situation was causing Mette great agitation.  She needed a release and if she could remember clearly, there was a game room on board this ship somewhere.  Mette got up from her seat by the window and began her journey to locate the game room.  It was honestly not long until she did find it.  As Mette entered the room her eyes scanned over the options.  Her gaze landed on a flashing pinball machine in the corner.  Adequate.  Now, Mette would deny she was assaulting the machine.  However, she could show more care when pulling back and releasing the spring for the ball and vigorously pressing the buttons.  She should have definitely gone with wack-a-mole.[/SIZE]

Devon Bostick  pic 2.jpeg
"Sing like the birds, my love, sing like the birds."
Maddox Davis
Theseus
  • Scenario: That's agressive...
  • With: Mette mxlly mxlly
  • Wearing: TBA

Maddox's fist couldn't clutch the piece of paper in his hand any tighter as he stood in the cemetery. His gaze was focused on the headstone in front of him. It was a pretty headstone. White with flowers carved into it. Roses. They were her favorite flower. The inscription was simple, a result of haste and unwillingness to deal with the situation from both him and his father. He read it aloud, the same as he always did whenever he came here. "Here lies Helen Renee Davis, loving wife, and mother." He let loose a long sigh and averted his gaze, choosing instead to focus rather hard on a tree that caught his eye as a single tear trailed down his cheek. He stood like that for a moment. Two. Three. They were short moments, but they seemed like an eternity of silence. Well, silence for New York City considering all the ruckus.

He sat down on the patch of grass in front of her grave, stretching his legs out before him. One hand still held the piece of paper, the other traced through the blades of grass beside him, trying to find something to distract him just enough so he wouldn't let his emotions take over. "I'm leaving tomorrow, Momma. I'm pretty excited about it." He grew silent for quite some time before speaking again. "Dad's not really happy about it. He doesn't understand why I want to travel so far away to attend college, when there are perfectly good ones right here in the city." He chuckled then, but it wasn't a noise of genuine joy. It was as if he seemed obligated to laugh just then. "You know, he's right. I want to go in for video game design, so why the hell should I fly all the way to Greece just because some paper shows me-" He cut himself off and chewed on his lip, again falling into a prolonged moment of silence.

He sat up then, folding his legs in front of him, his gaze caught directly on the headstone. "I'm running away. I know that's what it is. I can't handle the life I've been handed and I think that flying across the world to go to some sketchy university is going to solve all my problems." He ran his hand through his hair, frustrated with the way his thoughts were roaming. "Maybe it will, you know." He held the piece of paper in front of him then and opened it. His eyes studied it again, possibly for the one-hundredth time since he had received it. The black ink at the bottom swirled again, revealing what he most wanted. Something unspeakable, that he had never hoped could happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His cheeks were tearstained when he walked through the front door of the city apartment that he lived in. His hoarse voice called out, "Dad, I'm home." He dropped his keys onto the table beside the door as he let the door itself slam shut. He sighed at the room laid out before him and began to gather up bits of trash. It really was a mess, and his father didn't help. Granted, it wasn't as if he did it on purpose. Speaking of the devil, Maddox looked up as he heard his father coming down the hall. All these years, and Dax still wasn;t used to the wheelchair his dad was subject to. But he didn't remark on it. They never did. There were too many memories that neither of them wanted to bring up.

"Where were you?" Maddox had to quirk a brow at that. Since when did Dad care where he went off to? So, he settled for what he figured was an appropriate response: a short, noiseless chuckle and an eye roll as he picked up a couple Coke cans and Deer Park water bottles from the floor. "Well? Are you gonna answer me? You've been gone for three hours."

Yeah? So what if I was gone for three hours?" [/B][/COLOR]Maddox met the eyes of his father, and he could see that he was serious. Heaving a great sigh, he decided to give an honest response. "I was at Mom's grave. Saying goodbye."

"Goodbye?"

"Yeah, Dad. I'm leaving tomorrow. We fought about it yesterday and everything?"

"I didn't think you were serious."

"Of course I'm fucking serious! I wouldn't have brought it up if I wasn't!"

"So you're just leaving me here alone? To fend for myself?"

"Cathy is going to be here tomorrow. She said she'd move in. Besides, she's attending Julliard. It'll be cheaper for her living off campus."

"You're just running away, Dax! Nothing's gonna bring her back!"

"You don't think I know that nothing's gonna bring Mom back? I was the one who found her hanging from the balcony, Dad. I know she's not coming back."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dax had gone immediately to the game room. This was probably his favorite part about the whole affair. I mean, gaming was his thing, and he could certainly go for the classics. And this game room had it all. Pac-Man. Soul Caliber. Mortal Kombat. And his personal favorite, Pinball. Of course, there were some newer games that could be found like Dance Dance Revolution and some virtual reality game. But he was all about the classics. Well, he was all about all games really, but he had been eyeing that pinball machine. Shame that someone had managed to snatch it up before he did.

So instead he had to subject himself to the repetitiveness of character catchphrases in Mortal Kombat whilst awaiting that particular someone's leave. She didn't seem to want to leave though as she kept on playing. But he did notice that the more she played, the more aggressive she got with it until he almost feared for the beautiful machine's life. That's when he decided it was time to intervene. Smoothly, he left his game and approached.

Woah. That particular someone was attractive, he had to admit. Then again, he might have a thing for blondes. Oh and the heat in her eyes as she glared angrily at the game before her made it even better. Still, though, he either wanted that game or wanted her to stop beating it up. "Hey, let's say you go easier on the thing so there's still something left for me to play, huh?" His thick New York City accent made him sound even more suave than he was, really, and the grin on his face was nothing but inviting...if a touch snarky.

Last edited:

tumblr_m6rgcrlIl11rp62eq.gif

Arlen Maren Hearthe
Guild: N/A || Location: Olympia bound Ship; Sky Deck ; Buffet ; Roaming || Scenario: Seasick || With: N/A || Mentions: N/A

Arlen's leg bounced up an down with a chaotic beat as he stared over the railing at the blue water below. He wondered if they had sailed over a shipwreck, or if maybe there was some kind of a shark following them? Maybe a giant squid would fancy to drag their boat to the cold black depth below. He stopped his thought process on the squid. Sailing gave him anxiety, the ocean had always been the source of several nightmares for Arlen and focusing on it didn't help to ease his anxiety. He pushed off the railing he had been leaning on and sat in a seat nearby moving his attention to his hands as he imagined himself on dry land. His mind drifted from one thing to another, He had never been good with change especially something so drastic as a private school on an island. He didn't understand why he had gotten the letter or why he had inherited these.. Abilities?  He scowled as he forced himself to stop the internal monologue. His life had been one long anxious train wreck since his sixteenth birthday. Three years so far it was like puberty, new changes every few months. The cherry on top was being taken away from his family and left on an island with a couple of wack jobs. He had seen a few people on the boat but it wasn't like he was actively seeking people out. He enjoyed the momentary solitude; However, the more he thought about it the more appealing it was to go talk to someone. A little interaction to get his mind off the water below. Arlen stood up and stretched before walking towards a set of stairs hat lead to the buffet room. He locked eyes with the first student he saw. She had a slender body, Dainty almost - she was also short about a whole foot if not more shorter then Arlen - She shot him a mean look and he took the message clearly 'F*ck Off'. Maybe Interacting with other students wasn't on the agenda just yet. Arlen turned and walked away seeking adventure elsewhere on the ship.

Axelle Beaumont

Nike

tumblr_miuk82ZDzh1r3wx3ho1_500.gif

———————

Ella Kirkpatrick

Urania

tumblr_inline_ob4slfpJLc1scq4k2_500.gif

———————

guild: n/a || location: hotel; game room, ship

scenario: a new adventure

interactions: @Starfish @mxlly || mentions: n/a

Axelle was pacing up and down the hotel room as Ella lay on the bed flipping through a physics journal or something equally nerdy.

"That's not going to make the time go faster." She remarked without looking up.

"Don't get sassy with me young lady." Axelle retorted in a pretty good imitation of Ella's mother's uptight British accent and shrill voice. Ella laughed and threw the magazine at her. Axelle had met Ella online about a year ago when she was looking into the weird things that had started happening to her. She'd run into a lot of crackpots and fakers but Ella had seemed genuine to her, an besides that she'd known abou the magic tattoos. Once they'd started talking she'd realised they had a lot in common and the two had become fast friends. When the letters came Ella had called Axelle immediately. 

"Come to Paris, we'll fly down to Nice and we can get on the boat together." Axelle had suggested. Now they were in a hotel in Nice on the morning they were scheduled to leave.

"I'm just so impatient. I mean, this shit's been happening for the past three years and now we're finally gonna get answers." Axelle always spoke with her hands, it was one of the first things Ella had noticed about her, big, wild gestures when she was restless like this. "It's an entirely new adventure. You get it." She did get it. Ella was a scientist (a nerd as Axelle so delicately put it) and she craved answers and information with every fibre of her being.

"Let's just go down to the harbour, get some food, do a little shopping and by the time we're done  it'll be time to go.

---

"By the way, what did your parents say when you told them?" Ella asked her as they handed their suitcases off to the attendants at the ship.

"About university or about the superpowers thing?"

"Both."

"Valentin was his usual dickish self, insultingly surprised that I was going to university at all. And when I said 'I have superpowers and literally can't lose' Carine told me to stop being dramatic and finish my breakfast." Ella chuckled softly. "Yours?"

"My parents were outraged that I would leave Oxford and Cambridge to go to some university they'd never even heard of. I didn't even mention the powers thing they'd probably have committed me, they very nearly did when it all started." 

"Probably for the best then."

The two ended up in the game room, of course Axelle would want to have some sort of competition.

"What would you like to be beaten at first?" Axelle teased Ella as they walked through the door. Realising that they weren't alone she shot a grin at the other inhabitants of the room: a petite blonde girl who appeared to be trying to murder the pinball machine and a lanky, dark haired guy looking very much like he wished she wouldn't. Axelle's mother, Carine, had once told her that when she grinned she looked like a shark. She had taken it as a compliment.

"Hey." She greeted them. "I'm Axelle, this is Ella." 

7e82a5a236879d14f85b9e4d913f3a7a.png

fc24a401c098680033fad94abc9f6194.png

~Goddess of Love and Beauty~

tumblr_ls78gkzEYo1qkj4q6o1_500.gif

[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]GUILD:[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)] [/COLOR]n/a ||[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]SCENARIO:[/COLOR] Pretty Sea Sick||[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]LOCATION:[/COLOR] The boat to Olympia, buffet table||[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]WITH:[/COLOR] ...||[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]MENTIONS:[/COLOR] ...

[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]___________________________________[/COLOR]

"Mum. Mum come on I promise I'll be alright, you're not losing me." Gareth sighed softly as his mother leaned against the kitchen sink with tears welling up in her eyes. Next to her with a hand resting on her shoulder was Gareth's step-dad Colin. He was looking much more mellow.

"Don't mind me love. Look I don't understand any of this further education lark or why you're going so far away but I do know this place is different. You're different. Special!" His mother sniffled once more and let out a fond laugh, pulling her son into a warm embrace and running her fingers through his tousled brown locks the way mothers do. "I'm just so bloody proud of you! My son off to uni. Bloody hell I barely passed school!" Gareth chuckled softly, leaning into his mother's hug and closing his eyes, revelling in the moment. The pair had always been close. For the longest time they were all they had, just he and mum. As he finally pulled away he looked to Colin with a slight solemnity. "Look after her yeah? And try not to burn the toast when you lot eat beans on toast while I'm gone." He grinned. Colin couldn't cook to save his life. Before Colin and even after, Gareth did all cooking in their house.

"Don't be such a cheeky sod," Colin smiled, his clipped and pronounced English accent in stark contrast with the two South Londoners before him. "And have fun. Write to me about anything of historical note you find won't you?" Gareth rolled his eyes good humouredly, but promised anyway. With a few more tearful moments with his mother it was then that he set off on the long journey to Gatwick Airport and the even longer journey to the boat he was apparently to board.

---------------------------

Gareth was now wishing he had never had to board a boat to this Olympia place. His stomach was churning, he was disoriented and vaguely nauseous. Nonetheless here he stood picking food from the buffet table. Not the smartest of ideas, but perhaps it would be best to eat something. He hadn't done so for a fair few hours. He had decided not to talk to anyone just yet. Part of him wanted to, but the other part was more interested in settling the nausea and not vomiting on unsuspecting strangers.

tumblr_myq9jalMcm1ro95bto1_500.gif

Victor Reed

[COLOR= rgb(34, 34, 34)]Dionysus[/COLOR]

[SIZE= 16px]Scene: Here's The Mail[/SIZE]

Mentions: Reesy @mxlly

[SIZE= 16px]Location: Starboard[/SIZE]

(Weeks Ago)

[SIZE= 16px]Victor walked into his small apartment, throwing his luggage on the couch. Again, no dice. He was looking once again for other 'Specials' and found no one. He opened his fridge. Nothing but wine. Fortunately he bought a kebop on the way home. He took a bottle out and sat on his couch and watched the news. Nothing breathtaking, nothing special. He looked on the table and there was a large stack of mail. The cleaning lady must have left it. He flipped through it. Bills, letters inviting him to parties, usual stuff. There was also a strange letter. He opened it. A univerity? When the hell did he sign up for a university? He didn't get drunk so that wasn't an excuse. He drank more wine, out of the bottle like the barbarian he was, and opened it. Yadda, yadda, welcome. Congrats on being selected. There was a Nigerian Prince and he was the sole heir to the money...then at the bottom of the letter the ink began to swirl. Okay, that got his attention. What he saw almost stopped his heart. He never told anyone about Cat. He let that die along with his father and most of his family. This....this had to be a school for Specials. He flipped on his phone, and hit a contact. "Vinny. I have an order. I need two suits."[/SIZE]

(Now)

Vic stood at the starboard side of the ship, leaning on the rail, dressed in his body suit. all black with a full face mask. It even had a HUD attached. He made a Black and Silver one for Reesy but he hadn't seen her yet. He knew she was on the boat though. She was a Special after all. He double checked that his sword was attached correctly and stood, waiting for the boat to arrive. He never got seasick, but he was going on 6 hours without a drink and that always made him feel crappy. He fished out his flask and popped a straw in it and started sucking the wine out of it. There, that made him feel better, even it it did make him look like an idiot, well more so than he already did. 

He remembered sailing with Cat, years ago. That was a fun day. Could this place really bring her back? Was it some sort of trick? What the hell was he even going to study here? He was getting a little lost in thought. 

tumblr_inline_nhev4iftDQ1t6da4c.gif

Arlen Maren Hearthe

Kronos

Guild: N/A || Location: Olympia Ship ; Roaming ; Game Room || Scenario: Networking || With@Starfish @Miss Calypso || Mentions: N/A

Arlen searched through the ship attempting to make a mental map of its layouts as he stumbled upon the great past time of any 80's movie; Arcade Room. The corners of his mouth twitched upward to make a smile. The gesture was almost foreign to him. He walked into the room giving a glance around as flashing lights and game screens danced around creating a nostalgic effect. His grandparents used to take him to the beach in the summer where he would go to the board walk and order Fresh donuts made in shop, with the lightest fluffiest dough, he would then go with his sticky glazed fingers and fish out any money he had left for arcade tokens. Any time he was missing you could usually find him Dominating the score board on Pac man or Metroid. The smell of salty air and concrete with the zip zap of arcade games had been a sort of addiction to him. But as he grew up trips to the beach stopped. Growing up had hardened Arlen's heart but standing here in the door way to the arcade with the faintest sounds of water hitting the hull of the ship and the smell of salty air clingy to his shirt, Arlen could almost close his eyes as feel his tiny sticky hands on the controls of Asteroids. The moment made his heart soft.

He licked his lips and walked into the Arcade room his eyes landing on a pair standing bye a pinball machine, The girl seemed to radiate heat in an attractive way, an almost familiar way. Arlen couldn't say the same for the boy he was a stranger. His eyes caught two girls entering the game room from the opposite side of the room as they strode to the two at the pinball machine Arlen's smile grew a bit more. He was at the right place at the right time. He made his way across the room as the two girls introduced himself and he chimed in without a pause as if the three were a group the whole time. "And I'm Arlen, easy on the Pinball Princess." He flashed a naturally charismatic grin at the small group waiting for someone to speak and take his attention.

Arte Mestiere
Daedalus

Guild: N/A || Location: Olympia bound Ship, Game Room || Scenario: Drawing Others || With: N/A || Mentions: Mette @mxlly; Maddox @Starfish; Axelle and Ella@Miss Calypso; Arlen @TwistedTruth

Arte was looking thoughtful as he headed down to the Game Room. He wasn't really interested in the games, however, he was interested in finding a natural setting to draw. People in a natural place were quite interesting to draw. He didn't like taking pictures, they were full of falsities. People posed and smiled for pictures, but when they were drawn in a natural setting, their emotions and thoughts appear.

When he entered the room, he saw that people were already there which pleased him. He found a nice spot to sit that wasn't in the way and pulled out a pad and a pencil before beginning to draw what he saw. He drew the girl as she was in the process of punishing the Pinball game, he drew the young man who admonished her as well as the two girls who arrived, the one girl's shark like grin as she introduced herself and the other girl.

Finally, another young man appeared, charismatic in the way he walked and spoke. Arte captured it all and even though his drawing was just with a pencil, it was beautiful and so detailed you could imagine that the image would come to life, the drawing seemed to exude a strange aura, showing off who exactly these people were, even if he himself didn't know even their names.

It was a dance between Artist and Art, a challenge to see if he could finish the drawing before the people noticed that they were being captured on the page. Once they realized, the magic would be broken and their unknown emotions would be hidden once more. The things they didn't want people to know and the things they pretended they didn't want people to know were easily switched when they realized people were paying attention, but they were never so guarded as when their portrait was taken.

Arte would bare their loneliest thoughts for all the world to see, he'd show their happiness and sadness, their anger and doubt. Because to him, it was all beautiful. For those who hid in the dark, the light of his pencil would reveal them.

a90b165d6434c2a956de51e065872f39.jpg
"The world is terrifying, but there are small things that make it the most beautiful place in existence."
Ekaterina Romanov
Calypso

"I'm going to miss you, Rina." The blissfully adorable little boy in front of her started crying, his dirt-smudged cheeks coming clean with the obvious tear tracks. It killed her that so many of the children here at the orphanage would miss her. She'd been here since age twelve, even held a job here taking care of the kids. But now, she was leaving. "What're we gonna do without you? Who's gonna teach me how to paint?" Ouch. That one broke her heart a little. She loved each and every child that came through the orphanage, wanting the chances for them that she never got. So she taught them anything that they wanted to know. If she didn't know how to do it, then she learned how.

"Olga knows how to paint, dear Misha. She can teach you. But I have to go." Ekaterina pulled a handkerchief out of her skirt pocket and wiped his cheeks, the dirt coming off and revealing soft freckles beneath them. She then enveloped the boy in a tight hug. All the other children had said their goodbyes one by one before him, but he was special. He got to be last. Because no one would ever adopt him. No one would ever adopt a little boy with leukaemia. Misha wrapped his arms around her as far as they would go and held on equally as tight. "I will miss you very much, and I will think of you every day."

"I love you, Rina." Ekaterina leant back to look him in the eye and offered him a sweet smile before pressing her lips to his forehead.

"I love you too, Misha. And I will be back before you know it."

The small boy nodded and finally let her go, but not before he pressed something into her hand. Without waiting for her to look at it, he ran out of the room. Ekaterina sighed and stood up, looking towards the door that he had left out of as it slammed shut. Behind her, she heard another door open. "Katy."

Ekaterina turned around and made eye contact with the woman behind her. A Russian Orthodox nun named Sister Marie. "Yes, sister?"

The nun looked around the room with a sad glint in her eyes. "The children are not the only ones who will miss you. Please be safe on your travels." She approached Ekaterina and placed a necklace around her neck. Surprised, Ekaterina studied it. It was a simple medallion with St. Michael the archangel on it. "For protection, my dear. You will need it." Tears welled up in her eyes as she held the nun in a close embrace. She would miss everything here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ekaterina wasn't much to talk to people, and everyone here looked so....uninviting. So instead, she took to walking around the boat, seeing what she could see. In one hand was a buttered role that she had been eating at as she walked, in the other...

She looked down at her hand, held inside it was what Misha had left for her. A small silver cross that he had brought with him when brought to the orphanage after his father shot and killed his mother, and then himself. He hadn't been able to shoot Misha, thankfully. Just seeing the small cross made her tears well up once more, because now she wanted nothing more than to be home, with the children. Sighing, she put the small cross in her dress pocket and quickly ate the rest of her dinner roll.

Looking up, she realized that she had come to the game room in all her wandering. There was a large group of people standing around one of the games: a blonde who seemed rather angry as she played, a rather thin and lanky young man who was smirking at the blonde, two girls who seemed incredibly intimidating, and another guy who had just approached all of them. She turned around, not wanted to come across so many people at once, particularly given the circumstances. But then, her eyes caught on to a guy who was standing off to the side, studying them and...drawing?

Well that did it, Ekaterina was curious enough to know what his drawing looked like, so she approached. "H-hello" She said as she reached him, offering a small wave. Her voice was quiet and unsure, but hardly unkind. Her eyes held worry and just a touch of regret. It seemed almost as if she was absolutely terrified to talk to him, and if she were being honest, she was.

Last edited:

Mali title.png

tumblr_inline_o4qdyeSayi1tgsn29_500.gif

guild: n/a || location: home; beffet table, ship

scenario: is this kid gonna be sick on me?

interactions: @PixieDust : Gareth @Uxie : Ara || mentions: n/a

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think you can let go now." Mali said with a soft chuckle as her dad continued to resolutely hug her goodbye in the middle of the crowded airport. Her mom had hugged her for for a good minute and a half and it appeared as though her dad was attempting to one-up her. "Listen, I'm gonna be fine. I'll call all the time, you'll barely even notice I'm gone. It'll be like when I moved out. Nothing to worry about." Her dad heaved a deep sigh as he released her.

"I know you're gonna be fine." He nodded.

"We love you." Her mom added tearfully.

"I love you guys too. I'll call when I get to the ship." She walked away from them knowing that she had to keep from crying in front of her parents. If she cried they'd cry (well, her mom would cry harder) so she just had to put on a smile. On the inside she could admit that she was scared. She'd been living her life for the past 5 years just trying to ignore all the weird shit, difficult though it was, and now she was essentially being asked to embrace it by going to this school. Her parents had been supportive when she'd told them but they obviously hadn't really understood it. To be perfectly honest, she didn't understand it either. She slipped on her headphones once she got through passport control, she wails of the dead were giving her a headache.

---

l-1.jpg

Mali had changed in the bathrooms at the airport when she landed. First impressions were important after all. Her taxi driver stared at her in the rearview mirror for so long she was afraid they would crash. Personally, she was pretty pleased with her outfit, it included all the major shades of pink: glitter pink, metallic pink and iridescent pink. She'd never really had trouble making an impression. She handed her suitcase to one of the attendants and boarded the ship. Realising that she was starving she made a beeline for the buffet table. Once she was done loading her plate with meze she turned to find a place to sit and noticed a guy who looked like he was about to fall over. She turned to the nearest person to her, a petite asian girl.

"Would you please watch my plate for a second?" She asked before walking over to him.

"Are you okay?" He didn't look okay. Gently, she took his arm and led him over to a table and some chairs. "Okay, just stay here and keep your eyes on the horizon, deep breaths." She rushed off for a minute or so and came back with a glass of golden liquid and set it down in front of him. "It's ginger ale, trust me on this, it helps." 

Arte Mestiere
Daedalus

Guild: N/A || Location: Olympia bound Ship, Game Room || Scenario: Drawing Others || With: Ekaterina @Starfish || Mentions: N/A

Arte paused in drawing a particular piece of one of the machines and looked up. For a moment, his eyes trailed across Ekaterina's body, not in any dirty way, more like he was looking at a sculpture and trying to find out what needed to be changed to make it better. Then he analyzed her voice and her accent 'Russian?' he thought before wondering why she'd spoken in English before he realized that it'd be silly to assume everyone knew several languages. It was even stranger that everyone would speak English though. Most people were more comfortable speaking in their native tongues....he then realized that he didn't really care and left that train of thought.

He then looked into the girl's eyes "Hello" he said softly. Her body spoke more than she did 'Fear and a sense of insecurity, antisocial? No, she wouldn't have spoken to me...possibly insecure around strangers' he then shrugged with that thought "What brings you here?" he asked calmly as he went back to his drawing. This young woman wasn't apart of his drawing so he didn't need to stop.

"There are plenty of games around and if I am in your way, please tell me" he tapped the tip of his pencil against the paper. He didn't mind moving to another location, once he finished this particular section, he'd like to get a look at the group from another angle anyway. If he was in her way, he'd move and if she wanted to talk to him, drawing didn't take up much space in his mind, it wasn't like he was painting or sculpting. It wasn't unusual that a woman would want to talk to him, he'd had it happen before. They usually lost interest when they realized that he wasn't going to give them his full attention.

a90b165d6434c2a956de51e065872f39.jpg
"The world is terrifying, but there are small things that make it the most beautiful place in existence."
Ekaterina Romanov
Calypso
  • Scenario: Is he drawing?
  • With: Arte Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

"Hello" Oh! His voice was surprisingly soft as well. She had expected something harsher, honestly. Not sure why. Perhaps because everyone she had always met had a loud personality, especially everyone she had examined while on this boat. It was pleasant to hear someone a bit more reserved. In any case, she didn't relax a single bit. She stood with her hands clasped behind her back, and her eyes settled on him, but they seemed to dart everywhere but him as well. As if she was scared to make eye contact with him. "What brings you here? There are plenty of games around and if I am in your way, please tell me."

Oh! He thought that he was in her way! Her cheeks turned a soft shade of rose pink. "Oh, no no. You aren't in my way at all I was..." She trailed away, the blush on her cheeks shifting a few shades darker as her eyes looked directly at the floor. "I actually wanted to see your drawing. I like art myself....except I paint. And it's kind of hard to paint on a boat." Her voice really was naturally quiet, somebody would actually have to listen to her to hear, and if she had been in a crowd, they couldn't have heard her at all.

Last edited:
Arte MestiereDaedalus
Guild: N/A || Location: Olympia bound Ship, Game Room || Scenario: Drawing Others/Talking with Ekaterina || With: Ekaterina @Starfish || Mentions: N/A

"It is not that hard, try painting with the movement of the waves" he said calmly "The soft movement will change the way you paint, making it a gentle touch" he paused in his drawing and turned the pad so she could see what he was drawing "People show off their deepest emotions when they aren't aware" he smiled slightly. It was a calm smile, but his feelings towards art were shown quite well as his eyes lit up when he talked about it.

"Humans are good subjects for art" he said "Many people have moved on to strange things, but humans are still a good place to go, there is so much to see just by observing" he chuckled softly "However, a good background never hurt" the Game Room was a very good background, it showed the childhood that still existed within budding adults.

When people mentally reverted back to childhood, they released that part of them that they rarely saw in their later years. The part of them that was just free to do whatever they wanted without worrying about the consequences. As you got older, you dealt with life and stress, as well as responsibility. When you played the games of your childhood, none of that mattered in the moment.

Axelle title.pngElla title.png

69f86387jw1dqxp97nl0hg.giftumblr_inline_nsc1jhIqVJ1qlt39u_500.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

guild: n/a || location: home; game room, ship

scenario: a challenge

interactions: @TwistedTruth || mentions: n/a

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Axelle cast an appraising glance at the guy who had just introduced himself. There was something about him that she didn't trust. Axelle had always had a general suspicion of charming people as in her experience they were always hiding something behind all that careful artifice and guile. As the daughter of a politician, she ought to know. One of the things that had irritated her about Ella when they'd first met were those society manners that at that very moment were taking over slightly. She kept her gaze cool so as not to give these thoughts away and, thinking of Ella, mentally decided to reserve judgement for the moment; after all, he hadn't even uttered a dozen words yet.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Ella smiled softly, "Where are you from by the way, the accent is Southern isn't it?"
"Nevermind where he's from," she smiled conspiratorially at Ella, "I want to know what he does." There was no mistaking her meaning. Axelle wasn't asking about his job or his hobbies. Axelle's charm was that she wasn't charming, she was blunt and her humour was biting. She had no time for flowery soliloquies or delusions of grandeur, everything, in her opinion, should be simply as it was. Axelle was the kind of person one either loved or hated. Ella had long since meeting her given up on apologising for her brash friend. Instead she enjoyed Axelle's brazen comments and impatience with small talk. She had no doubts that if she ever had the (unlikely) inclination Axelle could turn on her manners, they'd been raised the same way after all. Arlen's charm, however, seemed to be a combination of natural charisma and self-taught politics. She decided to keep silent and see how he would answer such a deliberately tactless question.

7e82a5a236879d14f85b9e4d913f3a7a.png

fc24a401c098680033fad94abc9f6194.png

~Goddess of Love and Beauty~

tumblr_ls78gkzEYo1qkj4q6o1_500.gif

[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]GUILD:[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)] [/COLOR]n/a ||[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]SCENARIO:[/COLOR] Pretty Sea Sick||[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]LOCATION:[/COLOR] The boat to Olympia, buffet table||[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]WITH:[/COLOR] Amalia @Miss Calypso||[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]MENTIONS:[/COLOR] ...

[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 160, 122)]___________________________________[/COLOR]

The nausea was beginning to really set in as Gareth reached for a plate. The room seemed as though it were spinning and he kept his mouth firmly closed. He did not want to make an embarrassing first impression. The young man squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, feeling a hand gently wrap around his arm and a voice asking if he was okay. Gareth opened his eyes to see a concerned looking girl dressed in very shiny attire as though she was heading to a flamboyant fashion shoot or a rave. He blinked rapidly, taking in her appearance from head to toe, not in a suggestive way, but more as though clearly intrigued by her outfit of choice. He dared not reply to her though, as his head was still spinning and he didn't trust himself.

The friendly girl led him to a chair and set him down before telling him to look out at sea and keep his eyes on the horizon and take deep breaths. It seemed to be working, he felt much less disoriented already. The girl had gone off for a split second, coming back over with a glass of golden liquid.

"It's ginger ale, trust me on this, it helps."  Gareth took the glass gratefully, taking a sip from it and getting a better look at the girl as he did. She had quite a warmth about her and her outfit really was very shiny and elaborate for the occasion, but it was incredibly put together. She had an eye for aesthetics and a personal flair.

"Thanks. A regular on boats I take it?" He asked, his voice quiet and his demeanour a little bit awkward. Making small talk was not his strong suit. He was desperate to fiddle with the dove shaped brooch pin he always wore on his blazer jacket, but he thought better of it. He didn't want to look like a complete hermit who didn't do well with social interaction.

badb5250d90bd3de9ec551eb151a9c15.png

5203d9d32e7c8a545abd2d8134649ac1.png

~Titan of the Moon~

545c76c4e83e8649cbaa98c2bfc08d70.gif

GUILD: n/a ||SCENARIO: I Like Piña Coladas and Getting Caught in the Rain...||LOCATION: The Boat to Olympia, the Bar||WITH: ...||MENTIONS:[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)] [/COLOR]...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Babe I seriously don't get why you'd put your career on hold for some dumb university. You're making a six figure salary here!" Eva chuckled still giddy from the bottle of Echo Falls rosé she had consumed. She shook her head at her friend Chrissie and shifted slightly in her lap as the blonde stroked her hair. "I'm sick of La La Land Chrissie. It's all bulls*t. I mean, I don't even get offered good roles." She was still smiling with a faraway blissfulness as she looked out of the window of the penthouse apartment at the moon, but it was plain from her tone that she was dead serious. Chrissie frowned, her cute button nose crinkled and her blue eyes wide like an innocent baby. She had only just got into the business and was sickeningly green in Eva's opinion. She had taken the girl under her wing, not wanting her to go down the same route she had. It also helped that Chrissie was alluringly innocent. Eva was starting to get a thing for her.

Eva had jumped at the chance of escaping the trappings of LA. The letter she had received from Parthena Olympia had come as a complete surprise. She had almost dismissed it entirely until she reached the end of the letter and it showed her what her deepest desire was. It was then that she knew she couldn't refuse the offer to find out who she was really meant to be. Acting was fun, but it had never been her choice.

"Look it doesn't matter Chrissie. I'll Skype you whenever I can. Just don't sleep with your directors okay, no matter what crap they ply you with." She sat up, noting how disappointed Chrissie seemed not to have her head in her lap anymore and she smiled fondly at the girl, "Besides, I think I'd be a little jealous." Eva winked before getting up and heading to her room, watching Chrissie from the corner of her eye who she saw was blushing and looking vaguely flustered.

In the morning she would be making her way to Parthena Olympia on the designated boat. Chrissie and a select bodyguard would be accompanying her to the boat to see her off. She had not told the press about any of this and hoped to God Chrissie wouldn't leak anything to them. She trusted her for the most part, but it was hard to know who was really on one's side when one is famous.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Eva had bribed her bodyguard with a lot of money to get him to let her  board the boat to Olympia without him. Chrissie was still baffled as to why she would choose to sabotage her own high flying career but had said her farewells. Now Eva was sat at the bar of the ship, leaning over to talk to the bartender who was quite taken with her. He was definitely cute if a little weedy looking. Flirting with him passed the time either way, but she was hoping for a little more fun. Sipping her piña colada her gaze darted around the area, looking for something to stir her interest. Nothing did as of yet and apparently bartenders did have bars to tend. Who knew? Sighing, Eva decided to look at the letter from 'N' once more, taking it from her little black purse and scanning the paper.

76cgz1-l-610x610-bandage+dress-herjunction-celebrity+dresses-2piece+dress-sexy+dress-black+white+dress-herve+leger+dresses-herve+leger-celebboutique+com-bodycon+dress-hot+dress-sales-pencil+dress.jpg

Eva's outfit

tumblr_inline_nhew9oVCvw1t6da4c.gif

Arlen Maren Hearthe

Kronos

Guild: N/A || Location: Olympia Ship ; Game Room || Scenario: Networking, Still || With:  @Miss Calypso || Mentions: N/A

Arlen held onto his natural grin letting his mind quickly process the interaction before smoothly letting his grin drop replacing it with a serious and knowing look. Theres no way she seriously thought being so blunt would make him fumble on himself, he was a silver tongued devil after all. "What's in it for me to show my cards like that?" He danced around the words internally feeling the air and tension before speaking again. He had always been good at saying the right words at the right time, almost as if he could read minds and tell when there was a lull in their thoughts, even the smallest hole in a suit of armor could be found by reading someone's eyes. Axelle's mistake was being daring enough to not back down.  "You know what, I'll show you mine if you show me yours." His face lit up as his cheeky grin rested back on his lips. He had come over to learn and it looked like he would be able to do just that. He liked the pink haired girl, she was straight forward and he appreciated the bluntness. A pawn can't take a king, but a well placed one could put you in check, or at least stalemate. "I'll be the gentlemen and go first. My skin can't be broken by ordinary kitchen knives, you need steel to cut it." On queue Arlen reached out an empty palm to the girls as an invitation. "If you got a pocket knife go for it." Arlen kept his back straight and his posture challenging as his eyes moved between the girls lingering on Axelle before staring dead into her eyes. It was a challenge above anything else, she was strong willed enough to know if she lost he would have a one up on her. Ella seemed too weak to challenge, almost as if they were a package deal. Win over Axelle, win over them both. Arlen was a master at manipulation, even if she somehow managed to break his skin he would stop bleeding in seconds and it would scab in a minute, within two minutes there would be a scar and then nothing. As if he had never been cut at all. Then it would be their turn to show what they had.

terpsichore, muse of dance

tumblr_nfmky09iel1sonfswo7_250.gif

guild: n/a || location: home -> ship
feelings: hungry

interactions: @Knockoff Cleopatra (mali) @PixieDust (gareth) || mentions: n/a

Ara stuffed another forkful of pasta into her mouth, chewing carefully, consumed in her own thoughts of the dance she wanted to try out. Something bright, shiny and slightly irritating came into view, and she glanced up, her brown eyes drawn to the daringly eye-catching outfit. She watched the girl for a brief moment, before she lost interest, returning her attention to her food when a movement caught her eye once more, and she eyed the man, swaying slightly as if nauseous unreasonably near to her little table, and she shifted her chair ever so slightly to the right, taking her plate with her. She wasn't in the mood to get puke on her or her food. If he wanted to be sick, he could go be sick somewhere he wouldn't bother other bystanders that were just trying to enjoy their food.

Her gaze was still fixed on him when the girl from before came up to her, placing a plate on her table and asking quickly if Ara could take care of  her plate. Ara didn't want to take care of the plate, but she couldn't really do anything about it. Without waiting for a reply, the girl went to aid the sick guy, and Ara let out a small sigh, watching them from afar, as the girl raced around, helping the male to a seat and fetching him some ginger ale. Ara glanced down at the plate for a moment, then back at the two, before resigning herself to being a little bit of a help. She stood, picking up the girl's plate and striding over and placing it on the table where the man was seated. "Your, um, plate." 

Ara gave the man a once-over, then turned back to the girl. "Is he okay?" She wrinkled her nose and took a small step away from him. "He's not gonna, like, throw up or anything, right?"

Axelle title.png

tumblr_maobpvFrFg1qjnu70o1_500.gif

guild: n/a || location: home; game room, ship

scenario: a challenge

interactions: @TwistedTruth || mentions: n/a

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Like you said, why should I put all my cards on the table." That's what she should have said. Instead, without breaking Arlen's eye contact she removed a silver butterfly knife from her back pocket and flipped it open. Challenge accepted.

"Lucky for you, I'm the steel knife-carrying sort." The blade winked in the light as she grasped his offered wrist and brought it to his hand. Without a moment's hesitation she cut a deliberate slash down the centre of his upturned palm. As she watched the blood stopped flowing and the wound began to scab. Even though she looked impassive her mind was racing. She was now a hundred percent sure plus shipping and handing that she could not trust Arlen. Everything from the way he smiled to his quid pro quo mentality had alarm bells ringing in her head. This was a politician and Axelle did not trust politicians. She knew, however, that he had underestimated both Ella and herself and that would be her advantage. Often people noticed her bold, stubborn nature and wrote her off as the kind of person who thought with her fists and could easily be manipulated. But Axelle, for all her impetuosity, was still a strategist. In any second she could see all her options. She wasn't sure whether this was a side effect of her winning powers or something innate but in this moment she was thankful for it. Once the wound had almost entirely disappeared into smooth skin she dropped Arlen's hand.

"Impressive." She smirked, stepping back into the centre of the game room. The room was rather large and Axelle reckoned that it was large enough for what she had planned. Making sure no one was directly in her way she stripped off her shirt and handed it to Ella, who raised a knowing eyebrow at her. Axelle shrugged easily, that was her Iron Maiden shirt, she didn't need it getting (even more) ripped. She closed her eyes for a moment and felt the liquid heat spread over her back. She pushed the heat out through her shoulder blades and heard a gasp from somewhere in the room and opened her eyes. A pair of golden wings, each one six feet long, had burst from her back. She brought the wings closer to her body so that they touched the floor behind her and arched over her head. She had shown him this power deliberately. She knew he wouldn't accept her backing away without some sort of show but she also knew that he would be far more interested in an inability to lose than in a pair of wings. She had fulfilled the challenge without tipping her hand. She looked Arlen straight in the eye and grinned, all angled and sharp.

butterfly knife trick (note: click on it for the gif to work)

giphy.gif

b4051b3b7841504d8601d405a9813484.jpg
"I don't want to be talked to, touched, looked at, or woken up in the mornings."
Philomena Alexopoulos
Hades
  • Scenario: Oh, this boy!
  • With: Adrian deer deer

Adrian walked up the front steps, jiggling his keys into the keyport of the door to get into the house that both he and Mena shared, courtesy of Mister Radcliffe. The man was a genius, more so, quite a man, he must say, if there was anyone to admire, it was him. As Adrian made it into the house, he eyed the clock, as it read: "6:00AM". Ruffling his hair, a sly grin appeared on his face as he took a deep breath, "MEEEENNAAAA! GET YOUR ARSE UP! IT'S ALREADY MORNING!" Placing his keys on the counter, he placed his hands into his pocket as he made his way up the stairs and barged into Mena's room. Seeing the sleeping gorgeous woman lying in her duvet bed made him chuckle, and for a moment, he almost felt bad for wanting to disturb her, almost. "MEEEENAAAAAA! COME ON YOU BUM!"

Philomena, herself was dreaming. She knew she was dead, considering that all she saw around her were dead people, but they didn't seem unhappy. Odd, because she didn't really believe in heaven. Though, considering this looked nothing like the heaven that people thought existed, it probably wasn't...so what was it? It was a meadow that people strolled around leisurely, enjoying their afterlife in simple peace, chatting with other people. This had to be the single nicest dream she had ever had about death...that is, until, she heard a familiar voice behind her dream-self. "MEENNNAAAA!"

Her eyes fluttered open and immediately closed again as the sun hit them. She let out a grown and rolled over onto her stomach. "What, Adrian?" Oh, she was upset. She hated mornings. In fact, if she had her way, she would happily sleep past eleven in the morning every day so she wouldn't have to contend with the light of the morning. Well, come to think of it, the light outside wasn't so bright, in fact, she could easily open her eyes now. Phil's brow quirked and she shifted her head to the side so she could get a good look at her best friend. "What time is it?"

Grinning his trademark smile, Adrian winked at Mena, "Morning sleepyhead." He said playfully before walking towards the windows, opening the curtains to bring some sort of light into the room. "If I didn't know you better, I swear you sleep like the dead." Adrian rolled his eyes before sitting at the edge of her bed, before raising his hand up in defense, "Before you kill me, I did bring food, though, it is going to get dry if you don't get up!" Grinning widely at the question she had asked him, he wondered if he should let her guess and test her patience or allow her to chew his head off for waking her up so early in the morning. Regardless, Adrian decided to go for the later, deciding to get his head blown off, makes it easier for her to get up and about, yes? "Well. It's is six in the morning, you know. We got things to do and people to see! Now uppity you go, I', on the other hand, have not slept and I have much more energy, surprisingly." He shrugged his shoulders, waiting for an earful or an attack from his best friend.

Philomena stared blankly at him, long enough to get in a few empty blinks before his words finally registered in her mind. She let out a very loud and dissatisfied groan before shoving her face into the pillow underneath her. She spoke, and you could hear her muffled voice, but it would definitely take someone who knew her as well as Adrian to know that she was speaking nothing but a long chain of profanity. Finally, she sighed and turned her head back at him, her eyes narrowed in a very dangerous glare. "You seem very happy to be waking me up. Are you wanting to suffer my wrath?" She waited for him to answer, but instead just noticed the smile that seemed to be stuck on his face. Needing some way to vent her anger, she threw her pillow towards his chest with some surprising force behind it.

That over and done with, it being too early for her to actually physically show her anger too much, she crawled out of bed. It looks slow and almost painful as her limbs seemed to be weak. She really wasn't a morning person at all. She stretched, the t-shirt that she was wearing rising to her mid torso, revealing that she was wearing nothing else with the t-shirt but a pair of underwear. Which, honestly, was unsurprising. They had been living together for long enough now that he should be used to seeing her in such a state, especially considering she would walk about the house dressed like that every day. "Where's breakfast?" She asked the question, then paused, a look of confusion on her face. "Wait. 6AM? Why so early?" Phil was used to him waking her up sometime around nine in the morning whenever he did have the guts to wake her up.... but this was ridiculous.

As Adrian watched Mena's antics, his playful, crooked smile still appeared on his lips. Observing his best friend, he shook his head before responding, "Mena. . . spouting those words isn't going to get you a boyfriend or a girlfriend, you know? I mean, who talks to pillows?" A chuckle escaped his lips, as he wanted to push her buttons even more, finding it always fun to tease his best friend. Clicking his tongue, Adrian pouted, "Aw you don't mean all those words you've muffled, do you?" His voice lowered slightly as he tried his hardest to make the saddest tone. However, once Mena decided to finally look at him, his eyes widened in glee as he grinned once more. "I would be honored to suffer the wrath of the beautiful Mena, however. .. not today, sunshine, as much as I want to, it's better off if I don't. I mean, there's a line out the door for this body, but of course, you have the first pick."

Taking a step back to give Mena some room, he looked around, deciding to peek at everything there was, even though he'd probably seen it a hundred of time. Nevertheless, his eyes landed on the photo he, Mena, and Cami were in, venturing off into the wilderness in the middle of the night. It was definitely a night to remember. However, Adrian soon at a light bulb moment, "Oh, about that, breakfast is in the car, I knew the smell of bacon would wake you up or even something else, but I couldn't allow that to get in the way of me waking you." He thought she'd never ask that question before he walked over towards her, ruffling her hair, "You know, that memory fog fits you. Don't tell me you forgot our date now?" Adrian asked, dramatically gasping before winking at her, "Today's the day we pack and get to that boat! We do have unanswered questions that need solving, don't we? Then again, I'm all only there for what they believe I desire the most. Adventure awaits us, sweet pea."

---------------------------------------

Philomena sat on the edge of the pool wearing a short-sleeved black and white striped shirt, a red jacket, and some black dance shorts. It was the closest thing she owned to a swimsuit considering she wasn't really a huge fan of the water. It was sort of like a heights thing, really, she couldn't explain it. The concrete siding kind of hurt her thighs so she pulled her knees to her chest, her feet, which were clad in some black canvas shoes, rested on the concrete siding in front of her. One of her arms hung down by her side, her fingers raking through the clean, cold, chlorinated water. Her light eyes studied the water as Adrian glided through it, and passed over any others who were in the pool room with them.

The smell of chlorine infested his silhouette as Adrian swam through the waters, surprisingly, gracefully as if he owned water, being very comfortable in his so-called safe-haven. His form was precise as his legs remained straight and his arm moved like locomotors forward and backward as he swam from one end of the pool to other. Adrian was swift as he managed to remain in his "lane", passing through other bystanders in the water, not running into them. Once he finished his routine, he stood on both of his legs, whipping his hair back and forth before whipping the water that drenched his eyes and face. "Woo!" He said as he felt the tension on his muscles breathe for the time being. Walking over to Mena, who was sitting at the edge of the pool, a lopsided grin appeared on his face, "Mena, you should really try to get in the waters one day, love. It's good for the soul." He managed to say wistfully. Adrian always seemed to be in a better mood or perhaps more "peaceful" whenever he was in the water. The glistening waters were always drawing him in and sometimes, he wouldn't even remember getting into the waters. It took all of his willpower to not jump into the ocean. Getting out of the water to sit next to Mena, not caring if the water got into her best friend. Adrian sighed once more before stretching his arms and legs before playfully splashing some water on Mena. "Oops?" He tried innocently before closing his eyes as he listened to the waves of the water. "This is the life! What do you think so far, Mena?"

Mena's nose crinkled. "Good for the soul? I don't think so." She was speaking in Greek, for anyone who might be overhearing, finding it easy and natural, but it was just as easy to speak English or Latin or Italian. That being said, Greek was what was comfortable. "Water is....wet." She said the word wet just as he had sat down, and narrowed her eyes at him. She shifted ever so slightly away so her shorts wouldn't get wet. "I don't really like the boat...I can't help but think how far it might be to the bottom of the ocean." She shivered then, just at the thought of it and looked directly at the gold, shimmery tile that surrounded the pool. "There are a lot more people than I expected. I've heard several different accents while being here too. Irish, English. American as well."

Adrian shook his head, clicking his tongue, before sighing. While Mena had a good point, Adrian just couldn't understand what was so scary about the bottom of the depth of the ocean. There were so much treasure and history to explore beneath the sea! He always had wondered if Atlantis was real, but perhaps it could be, considering the both of them were well . . "evidence" of something "more". Nevertheless, returning back to his natural tongue instead of English, he decided to respond back in Greek, "It is wet, but it's the same with darkness. I never liked it much, at least in water the light from the sun shines through. It's transparent." He spoke softly before nodding. "You know I'd always come to get you, hell, I'd probably jump in to save you from it." Adrian shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, though the meaning behind his words was raw and genuine. As Mena spoke of the different accents, his attention returned to the others on the boat as he listened to the mild chatter. "They must be here because they desire something, have unexplained abilities, and a mark. What do you think they want? I am quite curious, Mena."

She herself was unsure of what anyone else could want, so she merely shrugged and let her eyes scan over those near him. "They must be selfish." Of course, she knew that even she was selfish. That she couldn't deny. But they had both been promised their desires. If they hadn't been promised, there would have been no reason for them to go...so wasn't it purely selfish in the first place? She was startled out of her reverie as she felt the water coming off of Adrian hit her toes. She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes at it, and just decided to stand up and step onto the tile beside them. She stretched and yawned. "Ugh. I'm still tired. Was this really worth waking up at six in the morning?" It was a rhetorical question, of course, she knew it was worth it.

Humming in response, Adrian nodded, not caring if what they want was selfish. Everyone was selfish, and it felt great to be selfish. Why should he bother trying to be considerate of other people if they were going to be dicks when they're pushed over the edge? He hadn't met one person who didn't have personal desires or gain something for personal selfishness. Hell, even being nice was being selfish, it made people feel good about themselves. Nevertheless, as Mena stood up, moving away from the water, Adrian sat there for a moment, finding his inner peace as he contained his excitement once more when he was in the water. Stepping up slowly, not bothering to put his shirt back on, Adrian grinned slightly before ruffling Mena's hair. "Hey, sleepyhead, if you're so tired. Take a nap. I'll wake you when we arrive. Or better yet, if you need help with being on the boat, I do have some sustenance."

Phil rolled her eyes at Adrian and ran her hands through her hair. "I feel like you're just dying to get rid of me." She grinned playfully, then kissed him on the cheek. At this point, it was just something that felt natural between them. They had known each other now for several years, so there wasn't much that Phil wasn't comfortable doing. "Though, I think a nap does sound nice. I saw some chaise lounges on the upper deck, so I might head that way. Feel free to mingle. I know you're dying too, especially given the way you've been looking at some of these girls." She chuckled. "Just don't get into too much trouble, yeah?"

With that, Philomena made her way out of the pool room, not even bothering to spare a glance back at Adrian. He was a big boy, he could take care of himself. besides, she would rather not stick around while he aggressively flirted with all the girls on the boat. It was sickening to watch, really. Though, Phil didn't really understand the appeal of flirting. Why be super charming when you could just be yourself? But, again, it was Adrian's natural self as she had come to learn.

Snapping out of that reverie, she blinked as her eyes landed on the bottom of the set of stairs she would have to climb to reach the top deck of the boat. She sighed, none too happy to be climbing the stairs, but began her climb nonetheless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread