• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy In Another World But In The Wrong Place: Uh Oh. Interest Check (One slot open)

Gravitational Force

Dark Lord of Creativity
The Great City of Piksar:
The Overlord's army had arrived at the city to find the civilians gone and all defenses raised.

In the grand hall of the King's castle the assembled Mages chanted faster around the summoning circle as they channeled their mana into the Archmage leading the ritual. They had no time to waste, the enemy was at their gate and they needed to complete the ritual before they got inside.

Correction. The enemy had breached the gate and was outside the barricaded door. Their leader's magically amplified voice sounded through the door.

"Ugh, why do people even bother with these? It's not like they work against anyone with sufficient magical skills. Let's see...[Battering Blast]."

The door blew off its hinges, sending the furniture stacked against it flying in pieces as black armored soldiers poured in. The assembled mages immediately began casting [Barrier] spells, semitransparent magical walls keeping the enemy back while the Archmage finished absorbing the mana to finish the ritual.

Unfortunately it was at this moment that the Overlord made his move. He raised his right arm, his Overlord's Scepter outstretched.

"[Mass Dispel Magic]." The [Barrier] spells failed as the Overlord's magic tore away the mana powering them.
"[Mass Black Crystal Prison]" The Mages found themselves encased in black crystals that immobilized them and drained away their mana.

The Archmage knew he only had one chance at this. The summoning ritual would call Heroes from another world and set them to bringing down the Overlord. Expending all the mana he had gathered he channeled it into the summoning circle and completed the ritual. There was no [Counterspell] strong enough to stop him, even one cast by the Overlord.
"[Call to Adventure]!"
"[Disrupt Spell]!"

The Archmage felt his spell twist. Where it would have called the Heroes to a predetermined location where they would have their mission be explained to them and be trained in the use of their Skills and Items the spell instead deposited them in a random location. And now he was left facing Overlord Garel with no mana, no support, and no escape.

The Overlord chuckled, then began guffawing uproariously. It was an obnoxious laugh.
"Wow, that was a close one, huh? I'd hoped we'd get in before you finished and prevent you from isekai-ing a bunch of people to fight me, but I'll take messing up whatever plan you had going. So now..."
He pauses, then rubs his the part of his helmet where his chin would be.
"Right, I'll finish this then it's on to the next city. [Greater Black Crystal Prison]."

Elsewhere:
A group of people suddenly appeared in a land they did not know but would hopefully fight to save. If they managed to survive that long.

Okay, this is a roleplay where you'll play genre savvy people who were summoned to another world to save it from an evil Overlord. Each character will have a Class, Skills and/or Items and be able to be powerful in their own way.

My guarantees as GM:
I am here to help you help us all tell the story. If you ever have questions, comments, concerns, or just want to chat I'm willing to listen and respond. I can cover for you if you just let me know what you need.
I'm here to help. I don't kick people out for questioning me and I view player feedback as a valuable resource in making better RPs.

Your responsibilities as players:
You will need to be willing and able to write at least 3 paragraphs per main post. If a post would be smaller I'll use messaging to consolidate them into a single post.
You will need to let me know if you won't be able to post during your turn. As long as you let me know it's fine but otherwise I'll eventually have to let you go so the others can post.
No controlling another player's character without their consent.
If I ever tag or message you I'll need you to respond as soon as possible. Failure to do so will result in you being kicked out because I have to be fair to the other players.
Be nice to each other.

I have openings for up to 5 players and a CS and OOC page will go up when those slots are filled.

Feel free to ask any questions you need to.

Last edited:
Depending on the genre's I am keen to play in something like this instead of gm it.

Can I run more of a kazuma character? Not so much powerful as others but usingusing sneaky plans and various skills to at the very least survive/seem adequate?

As opposed to being a protag kun who is given the legendary cheat weapon/power aha

I'd like a spot then, I have a selfish asshole whose only motivation is gold women and drugs. He shall use whatever isekai abilities he can to someday soon chill at his own house and get pissed.

I think I'll play a character that wants to save the world from the overlord so she can get home, but hates hard work, so if possible I would like to be a summoner/necromancer type

Last edited:
Interested as well! Not sure about what kind of character yet though. Maybe a smooth talker or something. I have a feeling this party will be pretty squishy.

I to am interested in this roleplay crusade. The idea I have in mind, is a character that has already fought in war. But simply wasn't a super charged wizard or something. Just a shock trooper from the far future.

I to am interested in this roleplay crusade. The idea I have in mind, is a character that has already fought in war. But simply wasn't a super charged wizard or something. Just a shock trooper from the far future.
Unfortunately all the player characters will be humans from our world transported to the other world.

So these are ordinary people transported to a magical land? Do they gain powers upon transportation or is it more that they just have whatever they were carrying at the time?
I guess I'm asking if this is more of an Army of Darkness situation (Ash gets transported to the medieval era with nothing on him aside from what he was carrying) or the 1980s Dungeons and Dragons cartoon (Dungeon Master grants all kids he brings to the fantasy realm abilities).

So these are ordinary people transported to a magical land? Do they gain powers upon transportation or is it more that they just have whatever they were carrying at the time?
I guess I'm asking if this is more of an Army of Darkness situation (Ash gets transported to the medieval era with nothing on him aside from what he was carrying) or the 1980s Dungeons and Dragons cartoon (Dungeon Master grants all kids he brings to the fantasy realm abilities).
Yes, it's ordinary people being transported. It's recommended your characters be at least a bit familiar with the isekai genre so they can catch on to what's happened.
And it's more like the cartoon, although in this case it's the summoning spell that gives Skills and items.

Would you like to join? If so you fill the last slot and I'll put up the CS and OOC threads soon.

Yes, it's ordinary people being transported. It's recommended your characters be at least a bit familiar with the isekai genre so they can catch on to what's happened.
And it's more like the cartoon, although in this case it's the summoning spell that gives Skills and items.

Would you like to join? If so you fill the last slot and I'll put up the CS and OOC threads soon.

While it does seem interesting I am not too familiar with the genre myself and the last slot would be better suited to someone who is.

While it does seem interesting I am not too familiar with the genre myself and the last slot would be better suited to someone who is.
I was only planning on 4 players, but since you'd announced before I got around to closing it I figured I'd give you a slot if you wanted it. But thanks for expressing interest.

Alright, this RP is closed, I will have the other threads up soon, NeonFlow NeonFlow enterelysium enterelysium Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Marksman Marksman .

OOC and CS threads are up:

Alright, a slot has opened back up in this RP. Anyone who wants to join who's able to fulfill the requirements is welcome to sign up and create a CS. I will add your character to the RP main post if you do so quickly enough or have your character join in a little later depending on how fast you sign up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back