• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom In A Galaxy Far Far Away... (Star Wars Interest Closed)

Ive got a vague idea of a backstory in the works: something about being jettisoned by his parents the moment they found out he was Force Sensitive and then getting rescued and adopted by the Grey Path. He'll have abandonment issues and serious questions.

Im thinking also of a guy with a talent for short circuiting things so he will use Kortosis weapons instead of a lightsaber.
Ah, but what are you looking for in a master?

Ah, but what are you looking for in a master?

...good question. Im starting my character at age 16, but he will have been an apprentice for around 8 years. His master should have compassion, guidance, and knowledge obviously; some of the traits he should have found in loving parents, and then wisdom to keep him from slipping into bitterness.

Someone who with time and patience can help heal his spirit.

Oh yeah. Its slowly coming together.

Well... I'd love to hash this out more, but I have to work at 4 in the morning. see yall tomorrow.

...good question. Im starting my character at age 16, but he will have been an apprentice for around 8 years. His master should have compassion, guidance, and knowledge obviously; some of the traits he should have found in loving parents, and then wisdom to keep him from slipping into bitterness.

Someone who with time and patience can help heal his spirit.

Oh yeah. Its slowly coming together.
Lol sounds like he needs a Jedi.

Sheet is ready too, got my faction hammered out kinda too. Well, their military doctrine kinda, at least.

Everyone that has a finished character sheet i have Reviewed
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest : Eberron Akios (Approved)
Rusty of Shackleford : Galen Barr (Approved)
D. Rex D. Rex : Buul Ba-Raz (Approved)
Zotar Zotar : Tweogan Ventus (Approved)
ZuluSlayer ZuluSlayer : Magnus Elbrus (Approved)
Worthlessplebian : Tern Ordo (Approved)
ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi : Pythonissa (Approved)

If your name is here your character is approved, I will be from here on out limiting how many more jedi we take in as there are already 5 of you

Last edited:
Phantom9786 Phantom9786 So this is my idea. I like to call this faction the "Tarekith Republic".

Note: This is from later after I've finished this. This started off as just a quick summary of my idea but it got way out of hand. Get ready for a rather long read and lots of rambling. Yes, I did base this off one of the books I'm writing though I've tried to adapt it to star wars. Rather good writing experience in my opinion.

It's a large Human-centric State near Mandalorian space, composing of around seventy habitable systems. Its military forces are rather unique when it comes to the style of warfare. Let's start on a large scale. The Tarekith Armed forces fight mainly on a regimental level. Regiments can number from 3000-15000 combat personal. This allows Regiments to be easily specialized in certain tasks such as scouting, calvary, and armor. This also makes units able to move far more independently than most other Galactic armies. But co-operation between regiments are required in order to pull of large scale maneuvers involving multiple regiments. A skilled Lord General, the highest land army rank, spends more time ensuring that his Colonels work together than actually planning actions. Planning those actions are up to the Colonels. If the Lord General manages to unite the Regiments under his command they are capable of anything. The Tarekith battle-style was based around 'selecting the right tools for the job. A competent commander will use the famed specialized regiments to punch smaller holes before the dam breaks from the heavier blows of multi-regimental forces following close behind.

That is only the land army. The Air-force of the Tarekith also has a fairly unique style of command. Flight-groups are split into clans, typically ruled over the famed flight-families of Tarekith Prime. The Royal Air Corps of the Tarekith can be slow to mobilize but when given time they are a terrifying sledgehammer, immolating entire cities with their heavy bombers, surgically removing parts of an enemy army with specialized ground strike-craft, and taking down entire air-fleets with the air-dreadnaughts. But clan rivalries slow down what should be well-oiled parts and it can be hard for the other branches of the Tarekith Armed Forces to gain the fearsome might of the Air Corps.

The Tarekith battle-style on the ground emphasizes aggression and close-quarters combat. Tarekith soldiers are well trained with their famed bayonets and other melee weapons. The Tarekith use firepower to suppress their foe before charging across open ground and driving their foes off with blaster bayonet. Officers are encouraged strongly by both their training and Tarekith culture to serve on the front-lines beside their men. Officers who leave their men to do their dirty work do not last long.

Certain Regiments tend to differ from the typical. Many Regiments use rapid hit and run tactics to slowly chip down their foe. Others obliterate their foe from far with heavy guns. Some infiltrate deep into enemy lines, sabotaging vital parts of a machine before disappearing into the night like ghosts. But one thing unites all Tarekith Regiments: their tenacity. The Tarekith people are known for their tenacity to the level of stubbornness and foolishness. The Tarekith never back down and never surrender. Tarekith martial history is marked by battles that should have impossible to win but was carried with the determination of the common soldierly.

Now, a brief history of the Tarekith Empire.

The first humans colonized Tarekith Prime in 10,000 BBY. The first settlers are believed to have been refugees fleeing from some conflict in the inner-rim. Records are sparse this far back and much of it is under lock and key by the Imperial government. The world had previously been inhabited by strange arachnid creatures that called themselves "Yarrikan" that was as large as a man and just as intelligent. Not much knowledge is known about the Yarrikan creatures but it is believed that they had built a sort of primitive planet-wide civilization. Conflict between the human settlers and the Yarrikan broke out after a trade dispute that left a Tarekith city razed.

The Tarekith reaction was brutal. A war of extermination was declared by the Tarekith people. At the same time, religious fervor took over the Empire and in less than fifty years the Tarekith Cult was recognized as the official religion of the Tarekith and the church given a seat on the Imperial Council. The war against the Yarrikan lasted for a hundred years. It is said that the battles were so brutal that fields were filled with dead, valleys filled with blood, rivers dammed up with Yarrikan dead. The first war is now known as the First Holy Crusade.

It took two hundred years to claim the planet and the system from other alien races. As the coat of arms of Tarekith was raised on the slopes of the Holy Hills, Continan Menelik was declared the first Emperor of the Tarekith Empire. He did not waste any time, rapidly building up the Tarekith Armed Forces and enforcing a martial culture. At his side was Evra Provost, Lord Commander of the Armed Forces and later Prime Saint of the Cult.

The Tarekith were at their cultural hight, even despite a martial culture they commissioned great works that still stand to this day. But a single system was not enough for the Tarekith. A doctrine of Manifest Destiny grew within the Imperial Government, urged on by the Cult who demanded it was Tarekith's divine right to crusade against Aliens and bring further worlds under the rightful dominion of the Empire.

Menelik alongside Provost would launch the second Holy Crusade. It was forty brutal bloody years until the Crusade was declared to success to the aging Emperor. Seventeen systems had been conquered from the heathens of the Galaxy but nearly fifteen Billion were dead as a result. This would be one of Tarekih's proudest but bloodiest wars.

Seven other crusades would be launched over the next years led by other Emperors to varying degrees. Some were stopped just after they had started. Some, like the Seventh Mechrian Crusade, would reach far.

But even with their god and their Victories, all crusades had come at a steep price in life. As Tarekith was one of the most aggressive nations in the Galaxy it was subject to isolation by the ever-encroaching Rebuplic and eyed with jealousy by smaller factions. Tarekith was spread thin and even with a society built for war was beginning to grow weary of the very thing that had created it. All it would take would be one small thing to snap this Empire.

This snap came on the eve of the eight Crusade under the Emperor Continan the second. Continan had planned to launch the greatest crusade since the first and bring Tarekith once more to the forefront of Galactic affairs. It is said he was insane for he often claimed visions of him ruling the Galaxy under the Empire. An Empire of stability above all.

The crusade was never launched. War-weary generals and administrators gathered in secret and agreed that the eight crusades could only ever end in disaster for it would inevitably overstretch and collapse. Worse, it might draw the might of the Republic and it's Jedi Knights. Several border skirmishes had occurred over the years and though Tarekith fought most of them to a draw, it was clear that open war would only lead to the destruction of the Tarekith. With assistance from most of the Armed Forces, a quick coup was launched in the Imperial Capital and Continan forced into exile. Only the Imperial Cult resisted for their power came from the throne itself.

The Eighth Crusade was launched, not against the foes of Tarekith, but against Tarekith itself. The Civil War lasted for seven years, including nearly nine Billion deaths. But the Armed Forces eventually won, rumored to have been assisted by the Jedi, and the Imperial Cult was disbanded, the cardinals prosecuted for Heresy of the highest order, and an official separation of Church and State (after the prosecutions of course.)

All that was only fifty years ago. Tarekith is now a Republic that does have a royal figurehead in the form of Valor the third. Its territory has slightly shrunk due to subsequent peace deals that solved territorial disputes in order to return the Tarekith to the Galactic Stage but Tarekith has entered another golden age. It is a culture that has once more tasted peace but is ever cautious of even allies. Most still worship the Imperial Cult but Religous freedom has been restored.

Tarekith is at peace. At least, that was until the Mandalorians. With the ever-advancing tide of menace coming their way, not unlike what their foes saw at the First Holy Crusade, the forces of Tarekith have mobilized against a new foe. In the deepest darkest depths of the government, the unthinkable is being considered.

A Ninth Holy Crusade.

My idea for a Character in this RP is the Colonel of a Tarekith Regiment that is sent as part of expeditionary force from the Tarekith to the Republic. The Tarekith have not been at war for a long time but that does not mean that they are not ready to prove it again.

Is that a good idea?
I love this and i want to use this somewhere,

heya guys :) i can't tell you how big my star wars mood has been the past couple of days, and id love to join you all~ i adore the series, and im pretty learned, only, im afraid im not very learned in the era you're planning to rp in....
i am however extremely willing to do hours of research if i have to, and anything else to familiarise myself~ if you'll have me
im willing to fill any role you'd prefer~ so long as they're female Phantom9786 Phantom9786

Ill just sit here frozen in carbonite until we begin.

myst.erion myst.erion Some good books to read while the RP is loading: 'Revan' and 'Fatal Alliance.' Gives you a general background. There's others too which I havnt read yet, just look for the Old Republic subtitle.

The Darth Bane books are pretty good but they'd be spoilers for the END of the era we're playing in.

Im pretty sure the other players are better read than I am And I havnt played the Old Republic games yet, which is why Im playing as an apprentice.

Anyone else know some good books for Misty here?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back