• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Imperium OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Not sure where to post the CS's prior to being accepted so will try one here. I can move it if needed.

Is this open? and I was wondering what tier a villain who can kill people and take their ability would be?

Is this open? and I was wondering what tier a villain who can kill people and take their ability would be?
It is open yes. I assume they would be a Tier 4 or 5 however I'm a bit concerned with that ability. Could be a little op unless the drawback is heavy, and I'd be worried about it getting out of hand against other rpers.

It is open yes. I assume they would be a Tier 4 or 5 however I'm a bit concerned with that ability. Could be a little op unless the drawback is heavy, and I'd be worried about it getting out of hand against other rpers.
The villain's weaknesses are: all light, water, steel, and fire. I would say it is balanced and he will likely have a redemption arc before I kill him off.

I am a little confused about if i posted my CS in the right place since the others went with what i thought was the RP thread. Either way i rolled a dice to decide the Tier and am slowly adding to the CS.

I take it things like personality will come out via RP, but not sure how much detail you would want for things like one of the imperium companies being mentioned as ive kept it vague for now as to make it more malleable in fitting in.

I am a little confused about if i posted my CS in the right place since the others went with what i thought was the RP thread. Either way i rolled a dice to decide the Tier and am slowly adding to the CS.

I take it things like personality will come out via RP, but not sure how much detail you would want for things like one of the imperium companies being mentioned as ive kept it vague for now as to make it more malleable in fitting in.
So the CS goes in the character thread after I approve it in PMs. It's linked at the top of the main RP thread

As for personality/background you can let that stuff come out in RP. I did a summary in my characters bio for example and I'll let the details come out in RP

You can add as much or as little as long as there's something

And Imperium is also vague for the sake of everyone being able to contribute to world building 👷‍♂️ 😌 so you can be flexible with Imperium

Sounds good, Ill send it via PM as well once im done, unless you notice anything in particular while its being written.

Finished and PM'd as well. Be as brutal as you like with anything to make them fit in better to what you had in mind.

I'm usually used to some kind of inciting incident to kick things off,but I'll try to come up with a post too.

Looking forward to it, was tempted to have them maybe head to the bar....but left it open just in case.

Held up with family this weekend, but I should have my post up by tonight

Debating whether to do an event as well, like a gang fight in the street or something

Likely if we did a riot or gang fight I can have Revenant show up to try and suppress it.

I could have Grant show up during that time. And as @nellsaid, it would be a good chance for our characters to cross paths and maybe interact.

Looking over Grants CS i was curious about a few things.
-I assume he also copies power weaknesses but given they are a tier 4 what happens if they try to copy a tier 5 etc?
-Can he detect the exact tier? or would tiers above him etc be harder to detect?
-What prevents anyone else from holding that special spear other than its weight? or is it simply it won't have any special effects etc?
Xen6n Xen6n

Looking over Grants CS i was curious about a few things.
-I assume he also copies power weaknesses but given they are a tier 4 what happens if they try to copy a tier 5 etc?
-Can he detect the exact tier? or would tiers above him etc be harder to detect?
-What prevents anyone else from holding that special spear other than its weight? or is it simply it won't have any special effects etc?
Xen6n Xen6n
Alright, for the first question, yes he gets their weaknesses. When he attempts to copy powers that are much more powerful than his, the abilities become harder to control and the strain of using him will damage him. Either completely draining him or the effect of the weaknesses that he does copy are much more magnified.

That's quite the opposite lol, the higher the teir the easier it is to detect. It's similar to how Cerebro detects mutants in Marvel, with Omega Level Mutants lighting up like 4th of July. It's really the same for Grant's Power Detection. And yes, he can detect the exact tier. It's a rather valuable trait that can be exploited.

There's nothing preventing others from using it, while yes, it's a bit heavy, the spear won't alter itself of another user because it's keyed to Grant's abilities. Unless Grant is killed, anyone using the will be able to use the effects that it currently has.

Cool, I Misread Valuable as Vulnerable for a second so luckily I didn't hit post straight away lol. Tier detection does through a bit of a spanner in the works of how my character was supposed to be, given to the public they are assumed to be a Higher Tier 4....but guess can work around that IC by calling Grant a Liar lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back