[Imperial Shadows] [Imperial Shadows] Digging Deep

hellrazoromega

Department of Redundancy Department.
The Conference room of the starship is filled quickly as you slide into orbit, The Imperial Guard Commander along with her Chief Kommissar and her staff the Ships Captain and his staff as well as the local Commander who has been shuttled up are all seated ready to answer questions and brief you the conditions and situation on the planet. They have brought up a diagram of the min complex where the daemon infestation is known to be and they denote the line that the guard is holing against the lesser daemons that are spilling out, the device and more powerful daemons are expected to be deep in the miles of extensive caverns and passage ways beyond the Guard lines. They also point out two sections that are thought to have breached breached by Xeno teams, which left several guardsmen dead. Those areas have received new troops at triple strength. Preliminary reports reckon the incursions to be by the Tau and the Eldar.

Do you have any suggested or preferred entry points? Sarvus said looking over the map. Personally Id say go in where the Xenos went in. It would allow us the chance to clean them up before reaching the demon so that we wont have to worry about there meddling once we get there. That being said If the Tau and the Eldar are willing to work together to get this I would suggest we make haste as they are no doubt doing the same and they have a head start.

Commander Dunis looks up," I can have my troops cover the access of wherever you decide to enter to ensure nothing gets out. I have several tanks ready on the surface, Leman Russ, Standard and Demolishers as well as a pair of Bane Blades. I could get the former into the tunnels but for obvious reasons I would not want to use then down there. So I have them posted at the entrances to prevent anything from getting out that should not be here.

Do we know of all possible entrances and exits into these catacombs, or are these just the ones closest to the installation? Sarvus asked looking to the commander as he thought. As for entrances I do believe that entering in behind the Xenos would probably be the best choice but i will wait for my Companions to make any final decisions.

Are there any hostages in this compound? if not I would suggest we level the area wonce we have extricated ourselves and sense this unholy blight with fire and plasma

"Most of the miners have been evacuated but we have 34 missing. These are the only entrances we know of base on the information from the mine foreman but he did point out that there are several areas where the shafts near the surface that could be breached with relative ease--no more that a few meters of rock in some cases." The Commander says.

OOC:@Silent Wayfarer , @SephirothSage , @Nishkriya Just a heads up on this thread

Well I believe we should try to put an effort in finding them, however if we do not find them by the time we leave, it is our duty as citizens of the empire to purge this land in the name of the emperor.

The Crusader nods silently- he's been watching, and waiting. He frowns- he is Ordo Malleus, a Demonhunter. Why is he hunting Xenos, he ponders- then shakes his head. His duty is to do as he is ordered, nothing more, nothing less.

Almost as if sensing the Crusader's thought he Commander says," The Daemons should be your main concern according to what I have been told, the Xenos are a complication if they prove to be more than a few in number the Ordo Xenos has promised a response."

I make the suggestion only from a sence of practicality. The Xenos threat has proven itself to be meddlesome and cunning in the past, and the Tau and Eldar are some of the most intelligent of our foes. I would hate for my mission to fail simply because of the excuse "That's not my job." I would further hate to loose my life because of it. Im simply saying we go in behind these xenos and releaving them of any notion that standing in our way is a bad idea, or at least removing any on our way to securing the devise.

"Well, whatever you decide, I should be able to scout for the rest of us," XLVII says. "I could go in disguised as a trooper, to ward off suspicion."

The Commander whispers to one of her aides and awaits a reply, "We are ready whenever you are I have people in place, If you would like to head to the forward area we can go now."

The Commander rises and calls over the head of her recon division and tall thing fellow name Bask, who leads you down to the mine and into a tunnel the winds into the earth. after several twist and turns he stops at a junction of tunnels that has been heavily fortified with barricades and heavy weapons. The main tunnel are massive, nearly 30' high, large enough that a pair of IG walkers also guard the junction. The area shows the obvious signs of a recent battle and the efforts to repair or replace barricades.

"This is the main Xeno breech point we have also seen some Daemon Incursions, but only minor ones--minions mostly from what we know as a recon man myself it seems that they were feeling us out to assess our strength and prepare for a larger assault later." Bask says as he gestures down one tunnel as both the direction the Xenos went and the direction that the Daemons came from.

"Would you like to deploy me as a forward scout, Inquisitors?" XLVII asks. "My carapace armor is modular and can be easily modified to resemble a stormtrooper's, hiding our involvement in this."

The main Tunnel looms before you, it is lit by fusion lamp every several meters and many are broken so the are many patches of darkness. You cannot see any signs of movement or passing here other than the boot prints of the hundreds of Guard that have passed through in the last few days. To get more information you will have to head into the darkness.

A few bits of fur lining and unit patches later, XLVII looks the very model of a pioneer assault trooper. She still wears her assassin synskin under her armor, but the mask and rifle are stowed away until the need arises to reveal her nature as a bringer of the Emperor's Mercy. She does not fear the darkness, and advances steadily into it ahead of the others.

Sarvus nudges the Crusader How long do you think we should wait for her before going in after her?

The tunnel seems clear at least for the first several hundred meters, only the signs of battle and mining remain. After about a half a mile XLVII can hear chanting up ahead and see a faint hint of a dim reddish light.

Users who are viewing this thread