• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Immortals [ Gods in the Modern World ]

I am gonna probably do Athena, and Nemesis Greek Goddess of Retribution. Maybe another if the muse comes to me.

Interested. I will probably use Lucifer and/or Astaroth depending on which one of them is allowed. Loki was already taken lol.

Both Lucifer and Astaroth would be considered New World Gods and atm you can't make a New World God because they're way more powerful than the old gods. Go for a god from a polytheistic religion instead.

Both Lucifer and Astaroth would be considered New World Gods and atm you can't make a New World God because they're way more powerful than the old gods. Go for a god from a polytheistic religion instead.
But wait by that logic Hinduism should be old world... also isn't it a verrry old religion too? ?

But wait by that logic Hinduism should be old world... also isn't it a verrry old religion too? ?

Yeah Hinduism is very old. Some say the oldest religion in the world I think. But when I say New World God or Old World God, I mean those gods that rule over the new world (modern world) vs old world (historical). Not a statement about the religion's age. Hope that clarifies it!

EDIT: It's the same with the terms old world monkeys and new world monkeys.

can i help in any way?

If you want to start gathering your thoughts, on page one there's a post by Digit Digit that links to the old CS of the previous RP this is based on. You can start using that as a temporary template to get your thoughts together, then you can transfer them once the official CS goes up.

If you want to start gathering your thoughts, on page one there's a post by Digit Digit that links to the old CS of the previous RP this is based on. You can start using that as a temporary template to get your thoughts together, then you can transfer them once the official CS goes up.
anything else i can help with? sorry im a very impatient person XD

Not that I can think of. Thanks for the offer though! Now I need to get back to the CS I'm typing up lol

Blu Blu I don't really have muse for anyone else then. Also, Astaroth posed as the goddess Ishtar and some other god but I can't remember who right now.

Blu Blu I don't really have muse for anyone else then. Also, Astaroth posed as the goddess Ishtar and some other god but I can't remember who right now.

You can go with Ishtar but not Astaroth because he is very much related to demonology and Lucifer who is categorized as one of the new gods.

As an additional comment on this, despite recognizing the presence of many deities, Hinduism is actually monotheistic. Their philosophy generally recognizes all deities as different expressions of the same God (as, being God, they may have unlimited forms)

As an additional comment on this, despite recognizing the presence of many deities, Hinduism is actually monotheistic. Their philosophy generally recognizes all deities as different expressions of the same God (as, being God, they may have unlimited forms)

Wow that's interesting. I did not know that about Hinduism. I only thought that the Hindu God was a composite of three principal gods.

Wow that's interesting. I did not know that about Hinduism. I only thought that the Hindu God was a composite of three principal gods.
That’s true, but there is definitely variation on top of that. Followers of the three principal Gods each believes theirs is the supreme God, and that the others are manifestations of their God. Then there are the multitudes of lesser deities who have varying interpretations by each of the three main schools of Hinduism. Not to mention alternative schools worshipping gods like Krishna. Hinduism is best described as having the most accommodating framework for other religious beliefs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back