• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Immortals [ Gods in the Modern World ]

Blu

ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

figmk.png
Based on Project MYTH by Hexagon

What do all gods want? To be worshiped. To be recognized. To be immortalized.

A long time ago this was true for the polytheistic gods of the various pantheons of the world. They were the sovereign of man's soul, the very forces of nature itself, but those days are long gone. Their place in the world diminished, only to be replaced by more powerful beliefs. The numerous gods were divided into two factions: the Old World Gods and the New World Gods. Those of the old world fell from grace, their powers weakened as their worshipers became less and less. The earth was inherited by the gods of the new age who have reign uncontested to this very day.

Fast forward to the year 2007: the Old World Gods walk among us, in the guise of mortal men and women. Some have made peace with their place in the new world and are content to live out lives of quiet leisure. While some crave to be acknowledged once more by mankind. Their presence on Earth was soon discovered by the world's governments who promised them a chance at redemption—to have a place in the hearts of men once more.

Project MYTH was the brainchild of the United Nations: an idea of gathering the gods residing on Earth and unifying them in order to make the world a better place for all, whether that meant fighting terrorism or saving innocent lives from disasters of varying degrees. Under the condition that the gods do these things in secrecy to prevent worldwide hysteria and panic, the U.N. in return spread the gods' propaganda, ensuring their worshipers won't disappear completely and perhaps even gaining them new followers.

Project MYTH resulted in the establishment of the World Pantheon Coalition (W.P.C.), the official governing body that resides over the gods and tracks their whereabouts. Some New World Gods eventually joined the W.P.C. in administrative positions to ensure that their Old World counterparts won't become a threat to humanity, which, in turn, will threaten their own livelihoods. Headquarters were set up all over the world including Rome, Beijing, Dublin, Tokyo, Cairo, Stockholm, Jerusalem, and the main headquarters located in Washington D.C. The very first headquarters to be built located in Athens has been repurposed to be used only in emergencies.

The world enjoyed peace and tranquility under the watchful eyes of the W.P.C. but things changed drastically in 2014. In a matter of months, various disasters broke out in the world. The first event saw the rise of a new terrorist organization more powerful and resourceful than any seen before in history. Their influence is widespread and they grow stronger with every passing day. The second event saw a massive war breaking out between the many countries of the Middle East that is ongoing to this very day, 4 years later. The third event saw a dramatic increase in famine in areas of Egypt, the Middle East, and some parts of Asia. The fourth and final event in the series was the most bizarre: the sudden, unexplainable deaths of many Old World Gods.

As if to taunt the W.P.C., the severed head of Hermes was anonymously delivered to the Washington headquarters in a box along with a letter containing only a symbolic image never before seen by the organization: seven interlocking rings forming a circle with the top four rings having "X"'s crossed through them. Something grim is coming their way, and it even has the New World Gods fearful of the possibilities. The current year is 2018, and the W.P.C. is still investigating the strange occurrences of 4 years prior along with the symbolic image they received. Old World God or New, they will need to band together if they are to survive what's to come. Or will this sea-change prove to be the opportunity some of the Old World Gods waited so long for, to seize control of the world stage and be immortalized once more like the days of old?
Old Gods. New World.

Characters

Expectations

Story

• > You will take on the role of an Old World God from ancient pantheons including Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Chinese, Celtic, Norse, and any other polytheistic pagan religions you can think of. New World Gods and important figures of monotheistic religions are off limits unless you can make a good case for playing one. New World Religions include Christianity and other Abrahamic religions, Hinduism, and Buddhism.

There is no hard limit on how many characters you can apply for but I suggest not playing beyond your capabilities. While these characters are, indeed, gods of mythology, be careful not to make your character(s) overpowered. My Co-GMs and I will read over sheets carefully to ensure a balanced cast of characters.

Coding by Cychotic & Vesuvius

I have such a weakness for anything related to mythology
Count me interested!
I do have one question:
Are the Old World Gods still immortal in that they've been living for a long time, but they can be killed? Did I read that right?

Good to see some takers already :D

I have such a weakness for anything related to mythology
Count me interested!
I do have one question:
Are the Old World Gods still immortal in that they've been living for a long time, but they can be killed? Did I read that right?

Yes the old gods are immortal in that their lifespan is basically limitless at the moment. But they can still be killed even if it's rather difficult.

Good to see some takers already :D

Yes the old gods are immortal in that their lifespan is basically limitless at the moment. But they can still be killed even if it's rather difficult.

Great! Thanks! Wanted to make sure I wasn't just stupid

DatGuyWelbz DatGuyWelbz Emmi Emmi I seem to remember you guys asking if that RP was still open. This one is very similar, and is just about to start!

Side note Blu Blu : I know I was tagged, but for some reason, I didn't get a notification for this! Might be a good idea to let the other know in PM.

still looking? I'm interested~

I do have a question though. Would the characters need to be exactly like in mythology or could their appearance and personalities and stuff be customised and such as OCs?

I think Emmi means the one for this RP which we haven't put up yet (waiting for a finalized character sheet). We should have the thread up by tonight or tomorrow.

Ah, I had a feeling. Though If anyone wants a reference to what should be included in a CS, it might be worth taking a look at the old thread.

Ah, I had a feeling. Though If anyone wants a reference to what should be included in a CS, it might be worth taking a look at the old thread.

Yeah, a lot of the info will be the same so you can look at the old sheet and get some ideas going.

I hope there won't be voice and face claims, for someone that lives under a rock, that might stop me plus I use semi-realistic in the least ^^' (i sound so troublesome, sorry)

I hope there won't be voice and face claims, for someone that lives under a rock, that might stop me plus I use semi-realistic in the least ^^' (i sound so troublesome, sorry)

There won't be Face or Voice Claims. We do recommend choosing a real person portrait but if the artwork looks sufficiently realistic, it should be fine.

There won't be Face or Voice Claims. We do recommend choosing a real person portrait but if the artwork looks sufficiently realistic, it should be fine.
Ah, alright, although I'll probably have some trouble with it, I'll give it a shot

Interested. I will probably use Lucifer and/or Astaroth depending on which one of them is allowed. Loki was already taken lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back