• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Immortal Pirate Lovers Who Write Letters to Each Other? You're on!

HowlingWoods

"And she heaved the forest upon her back"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It's the height of the pirate era. Muse A is one of the most famous pirates around, rumored to be the captain of the cruelest, most powerful crew to sail the seas. What's more? He's immortal. Muse B is the child of the governor of a small port town with an unhealthy obsession with the man she's never met but has been passing letters with for months. It all started when she found a love letter washed up on the shore in a bottle. Having lived a life lacking love with her abusive father, the governor, she pretends the letter is for her. One day she works up the nerve to write back, although when she sends it to the address on the letter she doesn't expect much. But she receives a response not long later, and as they pass the letters around she learns more about this mysterious man who seems so desperately lonely.

One day, she's had enough of her father's abuse, and she sends one last letter to the address, telling him she's coming to stay with him. She runs away from her father and sets sail for the address, but when she finally arrives she realizes the town was not what she expected at all. It's a den for pirates, ruffians, and thugs. But the ship that brought her here is already pulling away, and she is forced to wander the streets in search of somewhere to stay. She's cornered by a bunch of thugs, but a handsome man comes to her rescue who the thugs claim is the captain of the cruelest, most powerful crew to sail the seas - and immortal to boot. He insists on sheltering her at his ship, telling her she wouldn't be safe in town. Muse B hates pirates ever since they killed her mother, but knows he's right. So she agrees, and discovers none of the crew is at all what she expected, especially not their handsome captain. And when she discovers letters written in her handwriting tucked away in a box in the captain's quarters, it seems like things couldn't get more insane.

That is, until she realizes she's falling for the captain of the most powerful pirate crew alive.

---------
Note that while the plot line above described a traditional MxF pairing, the plot can work with any pairing - MxM and FxF included. I even have a male and a female version of my character. Non-binary characters are accepted, as well, although we may have to do some finagling but I'm open to trying new things.

Note that while this is heavily based on history, a lot of it is generalized, and there's some low-fantasy elements (hence why my character is immortal) but in this world the likelihood of an average person encountering something "fantasy-like" is very low. You probably have to actively be seeking it out, chasing after fairy tales and legends, to find anything "unrealistic".

That said, the idea of generalizing history also applies to LGBTQ+ relationships. It's still taboo in this world, sure, but no more than it is today. People aren't hung for being LGBTQ+ as often as they likely were back then, and it's easier to find a supporting crowd even amongst the haters, so people are more likely to come out.

Moving on, in the plot above I play Muse A, and my partner would play Muse B. I gave a few suggestions for your character, such as the abusive father and their mother being killed by pirates, but these are subject to change if you want them to. However the following must be true about your character, regardless of how you make them true:
  • Your character must have a reason to reply to the letter, even if it isn't because of their abusive father. Otherwise there would be no plot, would there?
  • Your character must hate pirates, although the reason is up to you, I just suggested that it could be because pirates killed their mother. This isn't strictly necessary for the plot, but I think it adds conflict between the characters and so I insist.
  • Your character cannot be a sailor or anyone who travels the world much. This is, again, personal preference, but I feel like part of the fun of the roleplay will be my character showing your character the world, and your character showing my character how to live in that world.
If anyone is interested, please DM me with any questions you might have, as well as information regarding the gender of your character, and what gender you'd prefer my character be. I have my own character pre-made, but I have 2 different versions, one male and one female, so I'll send the appropriate one once I know which one you'd prefer.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Karma Out~​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back