• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Image float broke?

Crenando

Pencil Neck Geek
Maybe it's because of some change I missed while I was away from the site, but when I try to put an image from my computer into image float it just comes out a series of numbers.

unknown.png
Other attempts ended up with all of the formatting removed and all the BBcode visible, like the Is around italicized text.
If people could help expound on what exactly changed and if I need to find another way to do this, I'd appreciate it.

Can you please link the thread to which you are experiencing issues? This code appears to work based on the preview.

Code:
[tabs][tab=testing][imagefloat=left][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/656554546f518ffda1cde57ddd56ae18/30ff1f25e66b1931-73/s1280x1920/843d30ab36a85c909bd0f3f99a6d7e4895247619.jpg[/img][/imagefloat][/tab][/tabs]

Can you please link the thread to which you are experiencing issues? This code appears to work based on the preview.

Code:
[tabs][tab=testing][imagefloat=left][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/656554546f518ffda1cde57ddd56ae18/30ff1f25e66b1931-73/s1280x1920/843d30ab36a85c909bd0f3f99a6d7e4895247619.jpg[/img][/imagefloat][/tab][/tabs]
Here you go.
It's weird because when I go back to previous uses of image float in the thread, they still work.
For reference I was trying to embed an image from my computer which prompted this situation. Here's what it looks like when I try with a picture from a link:
unknown.png

Try removing the image width coding for now, and see if that helps. Also, try actually posting it? Sometimes the previewer doesn't show things exactly as they'll look when posted. Also, we can't see your drafts so we can't go into the post to find the problem until it actually exists.

Edit Actually, part of the problem there is that you have the imgwidth opening tag but no closing tag, and an img closing tag but no opening. Remove the width and add the opening img tag and see how that works.

Edited the above with a further thought

Alright, the code in this thread seems to work, at least in terms of posting the image as-is.
Resizing it on-site is creating problems that I don't remember ever having before.

Try removing the image width coding for now, and see if that helps. Also, try actually posting it? Sometimes the previewer doesn't show things exactly as they'll look when posted. Also, we can't see your drafts so we can't go into the post to find the problem until it actually exists.

Edit Actually, part of the problem there is that you have the imgwidth opening tag but no closing tag, and an img closing tag but no opening. Remove the width and add the opening img tag and see how that works.
The imgwidth helped me stumble onto what was actually breaking things, it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back