TV & Film Im starting fan films

Thanos

hello
i'm just going ahead and say this now
my real name is gabe and i'm 16 i will be doing fan filming but they would be more like tests i have worked so hard to make scripts and video editing. i also am working on fan shows
(i work on other things like music)
here are fan films that i may put on youtube some day
Power: a X-men story
X-force
The avengers
Agent venom
spider-man: web knights
Dc legends
The joker
Halo
Thanos
Call of duty
Beyond (based on batman beyond)
The masters of evil
Imposters (a gotham story)
The squad (suicide squad)
Deadpool and Spider-man
The anti-heroes
Iron man
Captain america
Antman
Origins of the infinity stones
The legends
Deadclaw (my own marvel anti hero i created but cannot publish to marvel)
When worlds collide (the really big film of all time)
horror crossover (you may already know what this on is)
Red hood
Michael Myers Vs Batman
Assassins creed legends

what do you think???.....

Alright, so one of my majors is video and audio engineering, so I've had quite a bit of experience in film production. While I'll always recommend going forward with a passion project, with any form of art there's a lot of complexity that's completely invisible on the surface.

When you're producing your films, keep in mind the scope of your physical capital and your own talents. Keep in mind that anything involving superheroes is going to turn out, well, silly. The CW DC shows have highly advanced equipment, some of the best production crews in the world, and an insanely high budget. However, the action in their shows is still pretty goofy to look at. With no budget, you'd have to expend countless hours of high talent to make something as abstract as superpowered action or infinity stones look believable. Since you're low on talent and budget, my primary advice with whatever you go with is to think of what you're doing more like a play: if you wouldn't put it on stage, don't put it on film. There's a really big mental incentive to "fixing it in post", but editing is seriously tricky business, and you need to take baby steps with your advancement to more complex projects.

Personally, I recommend you start smaller. Do something simple, easy, and fun to help hone your skills over time. Try making music videos, movie trailers, simple projects that don't require experience, and push yourself to explore the tools at your disposal. You really shouldn't get over-ambitious until you're completely comfortable with your equipment and software. I didn't put any sort of narrative to film until I had at least 300 hours of work with planning videos, using hardware, and learning software, and it was just a simple five minute story. I know it's really tempting to just jump right into your passion, but all art needs to be honed and developed over time, and video is one of the most multi-faceted and complex artforms there is.

Video is the marriage of sound to sight, emotion to movement, story to image. Under an artist, every frame is a painting. Putting things in front of a camera is easy. Making something good with it is incredibly difficult.

I implore you, if you are passionate about film, take your time to learn first. Seek out mentors and classes. Read manuals. Do research. Analyze the core of what you are trying to make.

Word of advice, Don't spread yourself out too thin with multiple projects running simultaneously. Also write your own scripts, and have a full idea out there so you could rope more people into helping you. If short on change try crowd funding but that's if you have something to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back