• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

I'm only human

protectorofthebooty

Go Go Gadget Go Go!
The initial pandemic wiped out about a third of the human race. People simply dropped where they stood; dead. At first no explanation could be found. All we knew was that their brains were being starved of oxygen, but there was no reason. No connections between any two people. Fear began to spread rapidly and as more people died and no cure was thrown out it turned to panic.

Mass riots broke out as people rebelled against governments that they deemed useless. Mobs rose up, offering preventive medicines and protection from the disease. Their numbers grew. The governments fought back, trying to wrest control away from the bosses. They offered steril camps and immunity boosters. They called for volunteers to run test trials, but of course there was only so much they could do when they knew nothing. After a decade of confusion and panic an answer finally came through.

An engineer specializing in robotics and his wife who was a renowned psychologist started the Jenesis project, named after the couple. Together the Jensens found a way to wire the brain and the nervous system together to a small platform that would be surgically placed into the brain. Once the platform was in place a chip containing a simple VI would be inserted. The participants of the project were dubbed the Reborn by the public. In a sense they were reborn, but it is also almost like the never died.

At first the VI’s were simple. They were programmed with simple language capabilities and motor functions. They seemed robotic. The trade off was that we learned so much more about the virus. It had symptoms, though they were subtle. It moved through the blood, reproducing at rapid rates increasing blood flow. Consequently it also pushed adrenaline through the body causing euphoria.

When the VI’s couldn’t catch how the virus ultimately killed they were redesigned. They’ve become more specialized, more advanced. The Reborn are less robotic and more human in their actions and responses. Something they still lack is emotion.

Not many ponder over why the Reborn can’t seem to grasp the complex feelings the body once felt. They are all too worried about the virus. Too focused. It seemed like a minor thing, but it could ultimately be our downfall.

Rules:

• Literate grammar. You don't have to be perfect, I'm a writer and I'm not perfect. Though I would prefer if you at least try.
  • At least 1 paragraph. My own post length will vary, but I will always do my best to give you something to work with. I only ask that you do the same.
  • Help move the story along. Seriously, I've rped with people who only responded to what I had put down.
  • Try to keep up with replies. I understand life, my own work schedule changes weekly. If something comes up or you get writer's block let me know and I'll give you the same courtesy.
  • If you lose interest or can't continue roleplaying, don't be afraid to tell me. I promise I don't bite.

Pairings: My original concept was FxF (story does not have to be romantic) but I'm willing to do MxM or FxM. If you prefer FxM then I would prefer to play as the female. I can play the male, though I might be a little awkward at it.

Respond to the post if your interested =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back