TV & Film I'm obsessed with Les Miserables

Stormblessed said:
Y'all -- I love Les Mis. Just listened to it the other day all the way through. I forgot how much I remembered of it lol. It really sticks with you. The toughest thing? Trying to decide which part to sing in 'One Day More.'
Yo, you're a cool person.

Also, I usually sing 'TWO FOUR SIX OH ONEEEE' in response to that. Most people know to just ignore me anymore.
I do that as well lol. Jean Valjean is more common though. I always sing Look Down to myself in class too lol.

My band teacher was going to have us play I Dreamed a Dream, but nobody knew what Les Mis even was except for me so we didn't get to play it. I would've had a solo in that song too lol.

Lol omg 'Look Down' in class! That's amazing. 'Don't look 'em in the eyeeee.'

How is that even possible? It was huge when I was in school. Drat it, that's such a shame! 'I Dreamed a Dream' is fantastic!

Stormblessed said:
Lol omg 'Look Down' in class! That's amazing. 'Don't look 'em in the eyeeee.'
How is that even possible? It was huge when I was in school. Drat it, that's such a shame! 'I Dreamed a Dream' is fantastic!
I don't know what my generation has come too. They listen to hip-hop and rap and stuff, they've never heard of the Beastie Boys? And then the only reason you even know what Broadway is is because you heard the beats from the Hamilton soudtrack? C'mon.

My history teacher actually played some of the Hamilton soundtrack when we were studying the Federalist papers and I was the only one who knew where that whole song was from. I was extremely dissapointed.

@Stormblessed

And I managed to talk my teacher into letting us watch Les Mis at the end of the year and she agreed. My classmates refused to watch it becuse they thought it would be boring -_- but my teacher made them watch it anyways. I know one person liked it but idk if anybody else did.

I mean, I was a big theatre kid so I knew a lot of the musicals from my friends. We sang in the parking lots late at night. :D But still.

OMG I would too if I were a history teacher. I love Hamilton.

I don't think Les Mis is boring at all! But then again, it's also nostalgic for me. <3 Good times singing along with my friends.

Stormblessed said:
I mean, I was a big theatre kid so I knew a lot of the musicals from my friends. We sang in the parking lots late at night. :D But still.
OMG I would too if I were a history teacher. I love Hamilton.

I don't think Les Mis is boring at all! But then again, it's also nostalgic for me. <3 Good times singing along with my friends.
I've got my uncle but no other friends to sing with me lol. If I joined theatre I might meet people though.

If you like to perform, or even if you'd like to meet awesome people, I'd say consider it! Well, some groups can be awful and competitive, but for the most part I've made lasting friends in theatre. Esp community theatre.

I always wanted to be in Les Mis, but I missed the auditions they had here for the local production. A lot of my friends were in it, though. :D They looked like they had a ton of fun.

Stormblessed said:
If you like to perform, or even if you'd like to meet awesome people, I'd say consider it! Well, some groups can be awful and competitive, but for the most part I've made lasting friends in theatre. Esp community theatre.
I always wanted to be in Les Mis, but I missed the auditions they had here for the local production. A lot of my friends were in it, though. :D They looked like they had a ton of fun.
I've been to some of my other friends preformances at their schools. They all told me they had a blast

Next time I order food and they ask my name, I want to say 24601. When they call it out, I'd say, "My name is Jean Valjean!" I know my friend would then yell, "And I'm JAVERT!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Kestrel said:
Next time I order food and they ask my name, I want to say 24601. When they call it out, I'd say, "My name is Jean Valjean!" I know my friend would then yell, "And I'm JAVERT!"
That sounds like a fantastic idea.

Kestrel said:
The next time I go to Starbucks I should tell them my name is 24601. >.>

dibs on enjolras, and all the other les amis you shall give me, save for grantaire. it feels wrong to play both oneself and one's lover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back