• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings I’m a filthy rat for Romance and here’s the plan (MxF)

idalie

ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʙᴀʙʏʟᴏɴ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Partner Search
Heya! I’m Vexed!
Been on the site awhile and no stranger to RP! Got into writing roundabouts early 2013 and would consider myself decently literate! I’m a twenty-year-old student from the UK for those sweet timezone hours and absolutely adore historical romances 😊

Preferably my partners should manage to keep up with 3-5 paragraphs every post and help the plot move smoothly with a post count of at least once/twice a week (though more welcome!). I really do prefer playing the Male characters for these if that's no issue!

I make it my effort to build a friendship and mutual partnership with my 1x1s! This is a team project and I’d love to see and hear people plot with me, getting passionate about our characters and what could lie in the future is absolutely brilliant! I’m also a bit of an all-in for mood boards, Spotify playlists - lemme tell you when I'm a sappy romantic I mean it!!! However, if you leave all the plotting and NPC casts to me, I find that incredibly unfair and a little rude.

Even if none of these specific plots piques your interest, I would love to work something out with you! Especially if you have as much of an interest in Medieval Fantasy, Historical, and Romance as I do! I don’t mind supernatural themes at all and I’m quite comfortable with mature, gritty, and downright gory topics. Not much can get past me (;

More than welcome to RP on Discord (vexed#4032) and through onsite DMs! Just hit me up if you're interested x

Current Ideas & Plots
The Lighthouse Keeper (1940s? 1880s?)
A little bit of an interesting one here, somewhat undecided about the period! But we can work on that together depending on what suits you!
  • The Lightkeeper of Cape Wrath is a solitary man, angry and bitter he's survived more storms than he knows how to count. Weathering fierce rains and manning the light in deadly conditions, he's a respected albeit mysterious figure to the town of Coldwater Bay. An unknown woman is seen floating in the aftermath of a great storm, forcing the Lightkeeper into action as much as he may dislike company and especially that of meddlesome sorts. Though who knows what could happen, centuries-old ice has melted quicker.
    • A sweet, slice of life-ish plot with lots of character focus and easy to manoeuvre storyline! From mermaids, to selkies, to shipwreck survivors with secrets and those who simply can't remember their pasts. I'm a bit soft for this one at the moment 🥺 men in jumpers what can I say?

Marriage? In this Economy? (Medieval Fantasy)
Works with High/Low fantasy! Though I'd like to keep it a little gritty and down to Earth!
  • Between a ruling Tyrant and his arranged betrothed, the Empire calls for heirs and the court demands strong alliances. It has been said their Emperor is a cruel man ruling with an iron fist, an unparalleled giant in the ashes of his forefather's Kingdoms. Rumours spread that his first wife was killed in an untimely assassination plot to further his plans; that his own mother was poisoned for her attempt to put his half-brother on the throne. To have a kin-killer as a husband is no husband at all.
    • A little enemies to lovers perhaps, lots of focus on the differences and gradual respect through all sorts of events! Political disputes, tourneys, festivals and religious powers. Let's see where it takes us! Perhaps this is all a ruse to get close enough to kill him, but when the time comes, can you manage it? Can you both change for the better?

A Doctor’s Orders (1880s, Victorian)
Very versatile but could use some personal knowledge of the era! Though not necessary (:

• A sickly aristocrat, her faithful though new doctor - an unlikely pairing. Managing to aid her in getting out from under the thumb of her family they travel, chaperoned, to the Cornwall coast for the sea air; across the flattering Welsh fields; into the peak district for long nature walks and strength building. He may be a little eccentric, she may be stubborn, but it's all a tad complicated when hands start to brush - to think of the scandal!
    • Very much shenanigans, Jane Austen-esque romance with a slow-burn will they-won't they ideal. Full of quirks, adventures, and ultimately forbidden affections ;u;
  • Alternatively: Something supernatural! Wherein a beast may haunt the depths of London's underbelly in a horror-thriller of strange creatures, stranger people, and a few wrong accusations. Caught up after aiding the metropolitan police for a case, the Doctor may soon come to see that logic isn't the fabric of everything.
    • This hasn't been fleshed out much, but as always, I'm welcome to anyone putting forth ideas!

Divine Love, Lost Faith
Again, works with High/Low fantasy, would prefer to keep it gritty but all ideas are welcome!
  • A ruthless templar on a mission to find heretics at any cost; witches, heathens, prophets. Some say the hearts of zealous men belong to God, for the atrocities committed in his name have all but been without feeling. Though what happens when his arrest doesn't go to plan? Forced to work with his charge or ultimately, take her on the long journey to be trialled. Will she burn like the rest? Will he finally suffer retribution for his actions? You know what time it is! Plot plot plot
    • HOO, this is a cute one, ever wanted an emotionally distant man to ignore you in favour of the bible for at least two weeks? You've come to the right medieval fantasy simulator. I do think this is a fair exchange of deep character interaction and lots of plot mobility, with factions, events, and a long-haul quest/mission.

Message me if you have a preference, or whether you'd like to build something completely new with me!! I'm always around (: Lots of love and enjoy the stay!
also yes I did make all the titles sound like cheap romance novels they're my PASSION​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back