• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Iluin: Continent of monsters

Noxx Hollow

The flyest nihilist
CS
IC

Rules:

- No Godmodding. That's pretty obvious.

- No auto hitting / dodging. Example: 'Char kicks boss into the face.' Good example: 'Char kicks at the boss's face.' If the first thing happens, the boss would have no chance to dodge at all, and would instantly take a hit. Thus 'Auto Hitting.' You can auto hit while fighting very weak, normal enemies, but not stronger characters.

-You can die however you won't be expected to die for plot however if you dig your grave lay in it

- Try to at least post once a day. This is to make sure the RP stays alive and keeps moving. If everyone sticks to this one rule, there should not be any issues.

- Try to keep posts at least one to two paragraphs if possible.

- If you do die, you are more than welcome to make another character and take control of a random NPC and pretend they've always been there

Plot:

There are continents on the planet Cresea that have been vastly settled on by sentient creatures such as Traylor, Zayler while others like Heldruma have given birth to a cluster of sentient life in the form of the Su, Euclian, Daria, even the Tartarians show signs of cognitive thought process, this is a prime example of evolution or nature taking a swing at something different. However, there are continents on Cresea where the process of evolution happens much slower or not at all, where the creatures continue on their savage ways with no real signs of slowing down, where every generation is just as monstrous and vicious as the last and there’s no other place on the known map quite like Iluin. If there was ever a place real monsters live Iluin would be it with plenty of diverse ecosystems ranging from mountain ranges, plains, jungles and much more, Iluin can house just about all walks of life ready to climb its way from the muck and survive long enough to stake a claim on a piece of land.

Iluin quickly became a forbidden area for sailors even the strongest of mages came back with horror stories of their abilities being sapped away when in truth the continent itself has an overlay of mana in the atmosphere just like the rest of the world and nothing there has adapted to use magic so there’s a much more concentrated amount of it so concentrated in fact its nearly visible by the naked eye. With so much unused mana around magic spells tend to work differently than in other places like Traylor, most spells tend to be a lot more powerful when used which would make taming Iluin easy for a group of mages; however, because none of the creatures here can use magic directly more than half of the population are born with a strong magical immunity this being the only positive form of evolution taking place.

Many years past and the continent was now nothing more than a distant memory, people knew not to go near it but nobody seemed to talk about it much anymore until strange tribe claiming to have origins to Iluin sprang up and began recruiting those who would help them tame the land. This tribe of dragonkin called themselves the Eruset a, for the most part, new race of sub-dragon with human features, a lot more scales than skin and their generalized builds were made for killing. The Eruset are too few in numbers to lay claim to such a savage land so a recruitment drive has been set in place to drum up anyone willing to fight with them, many would be too afraid to go but those who had nothing to loose, looking for fame and glory or just thrill seekers would be drawn to this obvious suicide mission.

OOC:
This RP is going to be fantasy (Duh) mainly PvE where you (your character) along with others (other characters and NPCs) will try to survive the horrors of Iluin all while attempting to create a functioning settlement that protects you from the abominations both day and night as well as discover the connection the Eruset have with this place in general. Think of it as Monster Hunter meets Bloodborne. As far as races go I won't limit you on whatever you create, nor will I have a direct say in the magic (Some are out of the question like space and time manipulation.... Vectors too) they use, just keep in mind the stronger they are, the more I have to go out of my way to make Iluin nerf them; I only ask that your character be thought out and presented in a.... unique way. Because this is just an interest check I won't type out how the Eruset work as a race. Also if you show interest please expect your characters to kick the bucket that is everyone has an equal opportunity chance to be killed in a number of awesome ways; no one's character will be expected to die for plot reasons except my own but if you dig your own grave expect to lay in it so be smart.

Last edited:
Why mention the Fate series? I understand making original characters, that just makes sense to me, but it's just how you worded it that's a bit confusing.

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Still working on that Noble or you got another idea for a character

It's not done yet but I'll let you see it.

Lord Grimwald the Mistborn

Name: "Don't be blind, you can read my name in the sign above."

Age: "35 years of age... and single. You know what that means, ladies."

Grimwald smiles and winks at all the female characters.

Race: "I just so happen to belong to humanity, the best race ever! Don't believe me? The elves are arrogant nature freaks that live in treehouses. The dwarves are short, fat and have no sex lives. The beastfolk are just animals. The ents are just trees. The fairies are children with wings. The orcs are super-violent mushroom men that are worse than the barbarians. We humans have none of these disadvantages and have all the benefits! That's why I say we are the best."

Ah yes, fantasy racism at its finest. I personally think he has a point with the elves and the orcs though.

Personality:

"I'm a person with not a care in the world! I hold no grudges, no, none of that butthurt. It takes a lot to upset me since I usually forgive people easily for their transgressions.

Hates guns since they're unreliable.

Backstory:

"Maybe another time. It's going to be a long story, my friend."

Grimwald is something of both a slave and a member of the nobility at the same time. As a slave to the Emperor, Grimwald has to obey his every command or risk the wrath of the entire Hadewich Empire. He is supposed to have no free will of his own and must act in accordance with the wishes of his master. This is supposed to last forever and his status is to be passed down to his descendants who will do the same as Grimwald did, obey the command of the Emperor.

Grimwald is not allowed to bear arms, own property, or marry without the permission of the Emperor. His liberties may be taken away from him, but he still possesses great power in his own right since Grimwald is in charge of overseeing the Emperor's domains and may be called upon to be in charge of his own small army. And the Emperor is usually wise enough to treat his own men properly so that he may count on their support in times of need. So there is a sense of true loyalty between the Emperor and the bonded nobility, who see their slavery as something that connects them to the Emperor himself. Grimwald feels the same.

When the Emperor heard of the plight of the Eruset and the numerous monsters that inhabited the unexplored continent of Iluin, he selected Grimwald since the other nobles were busy with more important matters. The Emperor wished to send an exploration party to Iluin to see if there were any abundant natural resources there and he was even thinking of setting up a colony there if things went well. This is only the first wave of the Hadewichs to enter Iluin, if things go according to plan there will be more to join the party. Grimwald won't be alone in this one.

Skills and Abilities:

1. Basic Engineering

"Now, I'm not as good as the professionals in making siege engines but I can build wooden platforms, stone walls or anything that's simple enough."

2. Educated

"I'm a learned man, given instruction on how to read and write, taught the basics of mathematics and the sciences, familiar with the philosophies of the ancient world. It took years to beat the knowledge into my head and it paid off in the long run."

3. Expert Horsemanship

"People say I'm one of the best horse riders in the entire Empire!"

4. Intermediate Combat Prowess

"I can kick ass reasonably well."

5. Intermediate Marksmanship

"Hitting a target 50 meters away with a crossbow is not a problem for me, but any further than that and I might miss."

6. Politics in the Hadewich Empire

"I can tell you how we nobles run things in the Empire, but I'm not that familiar with the political systems of other kingdoms and empires."

7. Running

"What? Well, that... is not a feat I'm particularly proud of, but hell it keeps me alive in the long run. Believe me, its saved my life a few times."

Equipment:

"I come heavily armed. I prepared three ships for the expedition, two to hold all the cargo and one specially made to hold horses. In the expedition, we sport a total of forty horses. I have a couple of wagons that holds ten swords, forty spears, forty war axes, forty polearms and fifteen crossbows and three hundred bolts that will be useful in the trip. In another wagon holds the construction materials for my siege engines. There is a fourth wagon for setting up traps for these giant beasts. And the fifth and sixth wagon will hold all the stuff we will use in our travels. There are other five wagons that will carry all of our supplies. And there is that last wagon we have that will carry all the gifts we have for the dragon people, the Eru... sei? Erusat? Whatever, I give up. So in total we have twelve wagons."

Technology:

"I've seen what that hand cannon is but I've never got to try it. Thank the gods I haven't yet. It's so unreliable that a few even reported the cannon exploding right in their hands! I'm not certainly using one in a fight."

The technology of the Hadewich Empire is Late Medieval.

Extra:

Lord Grimwald's current retinue is composed of his six officers, the impoverished Sergeant Wole of Desani, the corrupt Constable Mudro of Denham, the greedy Sir Greville of Gosse, the eager Squire Kavanagh of Olbion, the ingenious Master Engineer Llewellyn of Drayton, the brash Sergeant of Crossbowmen Mencken of Vanbrugh, the commander of the seamen Captain Luska and the Guildmaster Ouida of Harraden. There are a total of forty footmen armed with melee weapons, ten crossbowmen and ten engineers that have tagged along. Thirty monster hunters from all over the empire have come to join them. Their services have been paid for and they are eager to show off their skills to the Crown. Thirty sailors shall man the ships while the rest of the expedition is away on land. A total of fifteen non-combatants with various functions shall join the journey as well.

Among them are interesting personalities such as Mervyn the Chickenslayer, Zargi the Bloodthirsty, Turnkull the Skullkicker, Hevin the Lionpuncher, Drak the Beerboar, Crofwic the Ghosteater and Stefrein the Galsworthy just to name a few. The famed university professor Glorza and his assistant Ritguf are here to study the continent and present their findings to the imperial court.

Organization:

Combat Personnel

(96)

6 officers – Lord Grimwald

40 footmen – Sergeant Wole, Sir Greville and Squire Kavanagh

30 monster hunters – Guildmaster Ouida

10 crossbowmen – Sergeant Mencken

10 engineers – Master Engineer Llewellyn

-------

Full fighting strength of units:

200 men – 1 company

40 men – 1 platoon

8 men – 1 squad

--------

The 1st, Grimwald's Company

96 men. Half fighting strength.

Command Unit: Lord Grimwald, Constable Mudro.

Divided into four platoons with 20-21 men each. And an engineering section.

Footmen referred to as Trooper. Crossbowmen as Marksman. The Guildsmen have their own distinct titles or they can just be called Guildsman.

=======

1st Platoon – Guildmaster Ouida

10 footmen, 8 guildsmen and 3 crossbowmen.
Footmen: Glot, Gergumm, Hrfell, Harigal, Odva, Yagburn, Dhast, Eilmak, Frash, Lasgurd.

Guildsmen: Jobba, Ingram, Adelard, Walcher, Raimund, Galwin, Wymer, Loy.

Crossbowmen: Lonnaet, Furbol, Ghathe.

2nd Platoon – Sir Greville

Footmen: Vernard, Polgar, Gimm, Namle, Emulk, Tummas, Kraeton, Veldur, Dugrat, Belhelp.

Guildsmen: Milon, Gervasi, Guimar, Rolan, Dain, Ernald, Hotch, Ouein.

Crossbowmen: Jenskam, Tith, Glauzgum.

3rd Platoon – Sergeant Wole

Footmen: Nosbik, Thrin, Ghrin, Gladborn, Smand, Sgol, Jols, Vogveird, Nond, Snoll.

Guildsmen: Parzifal, Folc, Huguard, Launce, Gerbert, Enger, Raoul, Halman.

Crossbowmen: Dral, Sagburrow, Blasor

4th Platoon – Squire Kavanagh

10 footmen, 6 guildsmen and 1 crossbowman

Footmen: Nenlos, Vil, Tyarr, Ilf, Gafkin, Urgord, Rudpird, Lufkond, Olrey, Hurkmo

Guildsmen: Hunfrey, Thierry, Raff, Ansell, Colyne, Gosce

Crossbowmen: Idalvand.

1st Company Engineering Section – Llewellyn

1 master engineer, 10 engineers.

Engineers: Udo, Guinemar, Ernis, Wymon, Segar, Karlbus, Gabry, Jowald, Penskar, Ennuf.

"Non-combatants" (15 men) – Note: These men may fight.

1 imperial observer, 2 academicians (professor and assistant), and 12 wagon drivers.

Observer: Sir Ozwick

Academicians: Glorza, Ritguf.

Drivers: Khammag, Arnald, Goid, Jacowis, Everat, Jak, Bothrot, Storva, Gedlem, Mirmilf, Aulf, Llagna

The professor in question formed a university militia that's dangerous in its own right. It was quite expensive though, and the students had to bring their own arms.

======

Sailors (31 men)

A single midshipman to assist the officer in charge.

1st Cargo Ship – Ludlow – Captain Luska – 11 seamen

=Frank, Heriot, Jermyn, Reyn,

2nd Cargo Ship – Raleigh – 1st Lieutenant Gras – 10 seamen

= O'Hannes, Hemarc

3rd Cargo Ship – Skurner – 2nd Lieutenant Lans – 10 seamen

=
======

Horses (5 warhorses, 35 pack riding horses.)

Arturus – Grimwald's favorite warhorse

Mozes, Laus – Grimewald's other warhorses.

==================
Equipment:

10 swords, 40 spears, 40 war axes, 40 polearms. 15 crossbows and 300 bolts.

Tents, blankets, clothing, hygienic items, medicine, some currency for trade,

Food to last 50 days. (They must learn how to live off the land by that time.)

==================
Hadewich Currency:

Morlins 10

Apocrys 1

Smarbands .1

Smenders .01

Rustums .001

=============

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Woah that's a lot of people to keep track of who'll all potentially die however I think I'll make you the last person with a character before starting also Elephantom Elephantom You're a new face, come and say hi lol also i like your character but it doesn't really say why he'd care to volunteer to get himself killed on a island of monsters though it does say 'wip'

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Woah that's a lot of people to keep track of who'll all potentially die however I think I'll make you the last person with a character before starting also Elephantom Elephantom You're a new face, come and say hi lol also i like your character but it doesn't really say why he'd care to volunteer to get himself killed on a island of monsters though it does say 'wip'

W.I.P means Work In Progress, to be precise.

It's not done yet but I'll let you see it.

Lord Grimwald the Mistborn

Name: "Don't be blind, you can read my name in the sign above."

Age: "35 years of age... and single. You know what that means, ladies."

Grimwald smiles and winks at all the female characters.

Race: "I just so happen to belong to humanity, the best race ever! Don't believe me? The elves are arrogant nature freaks that live in treehouses. The dwarves are short, fat and have no sex lives. The beastfolk are just animals. The ents are just trees. The fairies are children with wings. The orcs are super-violent mushroom men that are worse than the barbarians. We humans have none of these disadvantages and have all the benefits! That's why I say we are the best."

Ah yes, fantasy racism at its finest. I personally think he has a point with the elves and the orcs though.

Personality:

"I'm a person with not a care in the world! I hold no grudges, no, none of that butthurt. It takes a lot to upset me since I usually forgive people easily for their transgressions.

Hates guns since they're unreliable.

Backstory:

"Maybe another time. It's going to be a long story, my friend."

Grimwald is something of both a slave and a member of the nobility at the same time. As a slave to the Emperor, Grimwald has to obey his every command or risk the wrath of the entire Hadewich Empire. He is supposed to have no free will of his own and must act in accordance with the wishes of his master. This is supposed to last forever and his status is to be passed down to his descendants who will do the same as Grimwald did, obey the command of the Emperor.

Grimwald is not allowed to bear arms, own property, or marry without the permission of the Emperor. His liberties may be taken away from him, but he still possesses great power in his own right since Grimwald is in charge of overseeing the Emperor's domains and may be called upon to be in charge of his own small army. And the Emperor is usually wise enough to treat his own men properly so that he may count on their support in times of need. So there is a sense of true loyalty between the Emperor and the bonded nobility, who see their slavery as something that connects them to the Emperor himself. Grimwald feels the same.

When the Emperor heard of the plight of the Eruset and the numerous monsters that inhabited the unexplored continent of Iluin, he selected Grimwald since the other nobles were busy with more important matters. The Emperor wished to send an exploration party to Iluin to see if there were any abundant natural resources there and he was even thinking of setting up a colony there if things went well. This is only the first wave of the Hadewichs to enter Iluin, if things go according to plan there will be more to join the party. Grimwald won't be alone in this one.

Skills and Abilities:

1. Basic Engineering

"Now, I'm not as good as the professionals in making siege engines but I can build wooden platforms, stone walls or anything that's simple enough."

2. Educated

"I'm a learned man, given instruction on how to read and write, taught the basics of mathematics and the sciences, familiar with the philosophies of the ancient world. It took years to beat the knowledge into my head and it paid off in the long run."

3. Expert Horsemanship

"People say I'm one of the best horse riders in the entire Empire!"

4. Intermediate Combat Prowess

"I can kick ass reasonably well."

5. Intermediate Marksmanship

"Hitting a target 50 meters away with a crossbow is not a problem for me, but any further than that and I might miss."

6. Politics in the Hadewich Empire

"I can tell you how we nobles run things in the Empire, but I'm not that familiar with the political systems of other kingdoms and empires."

7. Running

"What? Well, that... is not a feat I'm particularly proud of, but hell it keeps me alive in the long run. Believe me, its saved my life a few times."

Equipment:

"I come heavily armed. I prepared three ships for the expedition, two to hold all the cargo and one specially made to hold horses. In the expedition, we sport a total of forty horses. I have a couple of wagons that holds ten swords, forty spears, forty war axes, forty polearms and fifteen crossbows and three hundred bolts that will be useful in the trip. In another wagon holds the construction materials for my siege engines. There is a fourth wagon for setting up traps for these giant beasts. And the fifth and sixth wagon will hold all the stuff we will use in our travels. There are other five wagons that will carry all of our supplies. And there is that last wagon we have that will carry all the gifts we have for the dragon people, the Eru... sei? Erusat? Whatever, I give up. So in total we have twelve wagons."

Technology:

"I've seen what that hand cannon is but I've never got to try it. Thank the gods I haven't yet. It's so unreliable that a few even reported the cannon exploding right in their hands! I'm not certainly using one in a fight."

The technology of the Hadewich Empire is Late Medieval.

Extra:

Lord Grimwald's current retinue is composed of his six officers, the impoverished Sergeant Wole of Desani, the corrupt Constable Mudro of Denham, the greedy Sir Greville of Gosse, the eager Squire Kavanagh of Olbion, the ingenious Master Engineer Llewellyn of Drayton, the brash Sergeant of Crossbowmen Mencken of Vanbrugh, the commander of the seamen Captain Luska and the Guildmaster Ouida of Harraden. There are a total of forty footmen armed with melee weapons, ten crossbowmen and ten engineers that have tagged along. Thirty monster hunters from all over the empire have come to join them. Their services have been paid for and they are eager to show off their skills to the Crown. Thirty sailors shall man the ships while the rest of the expedition is away on land. A total of fifteen non-combatants with various functions shall join the journey as well.

Among them are interesting personalities such as Mervyn the Chickenslayer, Zargi the Bloodthirsty, Turnkull the Skullkicker, Hevin the Lionpuncher, Drak the Beerboar, Crofwic the Ghosteater and Stefrein the Galsworthy just to name a few. The famed university professor Glorza and his assistant Ritguf are here to study the continent and present their findings to the imperial court.

Organization:

Combat Personnel

(96)

6 officers – Lord Grimwald

40 footmen – Sergeant Wole, Sir Greville and Squire Kavanagh

30 monster hunters – Guildmaster Ouida

10 crossbowmen – Sergeant Mencken

10 engineers – Master Engineer Llewellyn

-------

Full fighting strength of units:

200 men – 1 company

40 men – 1 platoon

8 men – 1 squad

--------

The 1st, Grimwald's Company

96 men. Half fighting strength.

Command Unit: Lord Grimwald, Constable Mudro.

Divided into four platoons with 20-21 men each. And an engineering section.

Footmen referred to as Trooper. Crossbowmen as Marksman. The Guildsmen have their own distinct titles or they can just be called Guildsman.

=======

1st Platoon – Guildmaster Ouida

Footmen: Glot, Gergumm, Hrfell, Harigal, Odva, Yagburn, Dhast, Eilmak, Frash, Lasgurd.

Guildsmen: Jobba, Ingram, Adelard, Walcher, Raimund, Galwin, Wymer, Loy.

Crossbowmen: Lonnaet, Furbol, Ghathe.

2nd Platoon – Sir Greville

Footmen: Vernard, Polgar, Gimm, Namle, Emulk, Tummas, Kraeton, Veldur, Dugrat, Belhelp.

Guildsmen: Milon, Gervasi, Guimar, Rolan, Dain, Ernald, Hotch, Ouein.

Crossbowmen: Jenskam, Tith, Glauzgum.

3rd Platoon – Sergeant Wole

Footmen: Nosbik, Thrin, Ghrin, Gladborn, Smand, Sgol, Jols, Vogveird, Nond, Snoll.

Guildsmen: Parzifal, Folc, Huguard, Launce, Gerbert, Enger, Raoul, Halman.

Crossbowmen: Dral, Sagburrow, Blasor

4th Platoon – Squire Kavanagh

10 footmen, 6 guildsmen and 1 crossbowman

Footmen: Nenlos, Vil, Tyarr, Ilf, Gafkin, Urgord, Rudpird, Lufkond, Olrey, Hurkmo

Guildsmen: Hunfrey, Thierry, Raff, Ansell, Colyne, Gosce

Crossbowmen: Idalvand.

1st Company Engineering Section – Llewellyn

1 master engineer, 10 engineers.

Engineers: Udo, Guinemar, Ernis, Wymon, Segar, Karlbus, Gabry, Jowald, Penskar, Ennuf.

"Non-combatants" (15 men) – Note: These men may fight.

1 imperial observer, 2 academicians (professor and assistant), and 12 wagon drivers.

Observer: Sir Ozwick

Academicians: Glorza, Ritguf.

Drivers: Khammag, Arnald, Goid, Jacowis, Everat, Jak, Bothrot, Storva, Gedlem, Mirmilf, Aulf, Llagna

The professor in question formed a university militia that's dangerous in its own right. It was quite expensive though, and the students had to bring their own arms.

======

Sailors (31 men)

A single midshipman to assist the officer in charge.

1st Cargo Ship – Ludlow – Captain Luska – 11 seamen

=Frank, Heriot, Jermyn, Reyn,

2nd Cargo Ship – Raleigh – 1st Lieutenant Gras – 10 seamen

= O'Hannes, Hemarc

3rd Cargo Ship – Skurner – 2nd Lieutenant Lans – 10 seamen

=
======

Horses (5 warhorses, 35 pack riding horses.)

Arturus – Grimwald's favorite warhorse

Mozes, Laus – Grimewald's other warhorses.

==================
Equipment:

10 swords, 40 spears, 40 war axes, 40 polearms. 15 crossbows and 300 bolts.

Tents, blankets, clothing, hygienic items, medicine, some currency for trade,

Food to last 50 days. (They must learn how to live off the land by that time.)

==================
Hadewich Currency:

Morlins 10

Apocrys 1

Smarbands .1

Smenders .01

Rustums .001

=============

Damn, Heis, the writing's a bit too dry for the comedic edge you're looking for — try rounding it up a bit, make the dialogue scenes a bit more realistic.

And, of all the names, why mistborn? Isn't it a bit too druidic for the likes of simpleton e Waldo?

Why is it, that when I try and find a fantasy character for appearance, it's all these guys in armor. I don't want to be a warrior, the settlement needs someone to maintain everything, like a carpenter, smith, or mason.

Crumbli Crumbli

Well I was going to wait till Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller , Soviet Panda Soviet Panda , and Elephantom Elephantom finished their characters buuuut two of those three look like there's enough of them to start without any consequences

I am doing a major revamp of my characters and their respective backgrounds; I expect it to not be done anytime soon. Go on ahead without me, there is much work for me to do. Personally, I doubt that I can finish this at all so there is a possibility that I might never get this done.

And Connor is completed. He's a bit lacking in the fighting department, only have a maul and some padded cloth armor, but he's not meant to fight and it's more for survival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back