• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I'll Lead You Through the Dark//I'll Give You My Whole Heart

Kekse

Drifter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The heavy pouch of coins in his hand brought a smile to the face of the knight. His armor clinked and reflected the sunlight, heavy but not overburdening. Marcus slipped the pouch into his pack and stepped away from the vendor stall, taking a moment to glance over the rest of the commercial district before settling on the path which led to the north. The sword on his hip clinked against the armor as he walked and the little tiger cub at his feet chased butterflies as it followed him. It was turning out to be a rather pleasant day in Inglemoore. The knight strolled down the familiar street with a whistle on his lips and a smile on his face, deftly dodging the multitude of other world residents dashing up and down the thoroughfare. His destination was the guild tavern at the end of the street, where he hoped to find some of his friends eager to go on another adventure.

A dimly-lit and dirt-floored, wide open room met Marcus as he pulled open the guild door. Members of the guild wandered here and there, tending to the various animals who lived on this level and sitting casually around the bonfire in the center of the room. Marcus's dark eyes scanned the faces of his guild mates, shaking his head when he didn't see the particular face he was looking for. A few of the members waved at him and he waved back, before both parties returned to their activities. One of them seemed to be roasting some kind of beast over the fire, whose fat dripped down in crackling, popping drips which exploded into clouds of tantalizing aroma. His stomach rumbled and Marcus pulled a biscuit from his pocket. It wasn't much, but it would hold him off until he got upstairs to where the good food was kept.

Seven stairs led up to the main floor of the guild. This level was highly decorated with purple and gold banners, various taxidermy creatures, and an abundance of awards. The stairs opened to a grand hall with two long tables running parallel the entire length of the room. They teemed with life; the High Kings guild was one of the largest in the land, after all. Marcus began walking between the two tables, heading for his preferred place at the far end when he was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Hey Marcus! Are you planning on participating in the tournament event? I bet that new armor and horse you managed to get last week will come in handy! I've never seen a faster horse than that dun of yours." A grinning dwarf emerged from the crowd, his favorite hammer twitching in his hand. His long, red beard rolled down over his portly belly and his bright eyes glittered like polished jewels.

Marcus gripped his friend's hand and gave him a nod. "You know it, Tabor! Beast is fast, for sure, but that armor you made for me is the real MVP. Have you maxed out your armorer stat yet?" He sat down and gestured to the seat next to him as the dwarf nodded proudly. "Heck yeah, man! That's no easy feat, for sure. I should have waited a week to get those extra buffs! That's alright, though. I still have a few high-level quests to complete before the tournament starts. But have you seen Lyla? I got those supplies she needed yesterday and haven't been able to find her anywhere to deliver them." A look of consternation crossed his lips for just a moment as he took a bite of the dry biscuit. "I also need to get something decent to eat. Who is doing the cooking today?"

"I think it's Angelo. You're better off with that biscuit than his level 1 skill." Tabor's nose wrinkled, which only caused Marcus to laugh. The dwarf's smile soon returned as well and he leaned back against the table. "I haven't seen Lyla yet today either. I'm sure she'll turn up eventually, though. She always does." Marcus nodded and finished his biscuit before picking himself up off the bench.

"Well, I'm going up to my quarters. If you see her, send her my direction, ye?" He barely gave his friend a moment to answer before he swept away through the crowd to go sort his new acquisitions into the chests he so meticulously maintained on the top floor of the guild. His bag was practically bursting at the moment, even after selling off the things he had no use for. He'd probably be up there in the personal quarters for quite some time, just examining and putting away his goodies.

thestarscall thestarscall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back