• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Info Ignore?

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
Hey, just a quick question. When you ignore someone, are they automatically not allowed to post on your profile? Or can they post but you don't get a notification for it? Or is there a setting you have to have on that doesn't allow ignored people to post?

Yes, the ignore function only affects what you see. It does not prevent actions between the accounts.

(edit) There are specific privacy settings you can use to dictate who posts on your profile. This is limited to Members, Followers, or No One. If you do not want someone to post on your profile, it is best to simply tell them so. Actions disregarding such a request is a case for harassment/ spam and should be reported to the staff team.

Thank you. :) But so someone you ignore could post something rude on your profile and you wouldn't know because you wouldn't get a notification for it? But others could still see any rude comments? I don't have anything to report or anything like that. I'm just asking so that I know.

Cold Ramen Noodles Cold Ramen Noodles , you will be able to see that the individual has posted in a thread, but not on your profile or for any other status update. Instead of displaying their original content in a post, it will tell you that the content is hidden because you have chosen to ignore said user. Below is an example of what this would look like:

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 2.52.23 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back