• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Ignore System PSA

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello everyone! We have noticed in the userbase of RpN that a lot of users are interested about using the Ignore function and want to know more about what it can do on our new platform. Below will answer some common questions that many of you have asked us before; if you have any other questions don’t be afraid to inquire.

To Ignore someone you may do it from their profile, the popup card when you click on their username, or here.

F.A.Q:

Q. Can I ignore staff members?
A. No. Staff members can not be ignored.

Q. What does ignoring a certain user stop me from seeing?
A. Ignoring a user prevents you from seeing anything they post. This includes status updates, status updates on your profile, status update comments, replies they have made to threads and also threads they have made.

Q. If someone follows me and I ignore them, does that make them unfollow me?
A. No, this does not happen.

Q. If I ignore someone, can they still see my profile page and everything I post?
A. Yes, ignoring someone only makes it so that you can’t see what they post.

Q. If I am ignoring someone, can they still PM me?
A. They do have the ability to PM you, but you can not see what they have PM’d you and you will not get a notification. It will remove you from the PM automatically, as well as notify the user you are ignoring that you have left the conversation.

Please leave any further questions you may have in this thread. The staff team will test it then edit your question and answer into the post, then notify you about it.

I read it all omg I understand everything :D

not having to see their status updates is all the bang i need for my buck.
thank y'all so much for a sensational update!(*´▽`*)

obligatory "will we ever be able to block people from seeing our content" question

That sounds like a form of harassment, if someone you clearly have an issue with and feel should be on your ignore list follows you to have access to your page.
In that case, could they be reported?

That sounds like a form of harassment, if someone you clearly have an issue with and feel should be on your ignore list follows you to have access to your page.
In that case, could they be reported?
Agree with Jkai. Refusal to unfollow/leave you alone in general also.

If people find ways to bother you after ignoring them just report them.

I just wanted to say.

You did a good job, The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard
A really good job. I love this new site, it's features, it's format, the return of BBCode and I can't find anything to mark as bad on it.
53555202.jpg

Thank you so much, everyone involved in the update and all of this shit. It looked stressful as fuck but y'all did good.

Sorry for being the buzz kill but this is harder to use than the last one, and it looked and seemed more interesting. This is my opinion but what ever works I guess, Sorry

Once again, I'm impressed with how clean the site is and the insane turnaround. thx for the hard work.

If I ignore someone and they have posts on my profile, will those posts be deleted/blocked/removed?

The posts should be shown as "hidden" to you, in some form. It only prevents you from seeing their content. Not from interaction.

The posts should be shown as "hidden" to you, in some form. It only prevents you from seeing their content. Not from interaction.

Are the posts hidden to just me or to all users?

Ought to be able to clean up/prune posts made on our own profiles... :|

Ought to be able to clean up/prune posts made on our own profiles... :|

This wouldn't be beneficial for the staff team. A lot of issues came up when users were allowed to on IPS. People would send in reports for harassment or spam, but the case would go unresolved because we wouldn't have all of the evidence. The missing parts were all deleted by the profile owner.

If I'm not mistaken, we're looking into a better block feature, which should also prevent interactions on both ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back