• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern If you could choose between these plots and raw kale, you'd probably choose death. [IGNORE PREFIX]

Space Baby

Hello, cruel world!

As much as I just love to talk at length about essentially useless information, I’ll cut to the chase, for the sake of all our sanities. Hey there, I’m Blue, and I’ve got some plots ricocheting around in my head that I’d love for you to try out with me!
Just a little about myself, I’m a full-time commuter student (I live in Arizona, where there isn’t DST, but I’m either on Pacific of Mountain time zones) and athlete, so how often I can get to replies and whatnot has no set place on the spectrum between fragmentary and consistent. As I’m sure many of you are equally busy, if not more so, I hope you can understand any future inactivity. I’m usually not ignoring anybody intentionally.
If there’s anything else I find worth noting, I’ll add it later, but this essentially my only warning to those who wish to write with me. If you’re interested, feel free to keep scrollin’. <3

Preferences/Boring Crap
  • First and foremost, I heavily favor portraying male characters. With regards to doubling up, I’m more than willing, so long as the minor characters remain, ya know, minor. Also, any of these plots can be MxF or MxM, I’m fine with both.
  • Character sheets are, in my humble opinion, a waste of time and they take away from what can be more eloquently explained in the story. I know having an imagination is kinda out of style, but let’s put it to good use. (:
  • My post length is at the mercy of a number of factors, but I’ll usually try to match my post length to my partner’s. As the old adage goes, it’s quality over quantity, so. If you can fit a quality response into a few lines, go for it (I’ll be impressed).
  • You’ll notice some of my plots may be set during historical eras, as opposed to modern times. I don’t expect you to be a walking encyclopedia; I guarantee we will both be inaccurate at times, and that’s perfectly fine. Learning is part of the fun! If you put forth the effort, I’ll be a happy camper.
  • None of the plots listed below will be fandom-related. I’ve been creating a number of original characters I’d really like to try out. But, if that’s what you happen to be itching for, I am open to roleplays based on The Witcher or The Lord of the Rings.
  • I prefer chatting and writing over PM, or email. Whatever floats your boat.
  • I personally don’t have any triggers and love darker, more explicit themes, so if you’re not comfortable with that, lemme know and we can easily scale it back. I’m a sucker for fluff too.
  • Don’t be afraid to talk to me OOC! I like making friends, and I warrant if we can forge some kind of friendship, it will only make the writing better. Furthermore, don’t be afraid to express ideas and collaborate. These plots are malleable and some are underdeveloped, so your ideas are just as necessary as mine.

Plots [*unenthused fanfare in the distance*]
New Orleans, Louisiana. The summer of1969. One could argue that America will never see a year quite like it ever again. There were moon landings, music festivals, Manson murders, marches against Vietnam. The Beatles were dead and so was God. Riots broke out in the name of peace. Muse A is an African American working musician, just recently released from prison for possession of marijuana. He lands a steady gig working weeknights in a lively bar on Bourbon Street. Muse B, a caucasian, is one of the bartenders (maybe an abuse victim or drug addict?), and after someone laces Muse A’s drinks with questionable substances, she takes him home and assures he’s looked after. The problem is, through all the debacle, some property is damaged and Muse B’s landlord evicts her. Muse A, feeling at fault, invites her to live at the squat he is currently staying at with a colorful trope of other characters. The two gradually hit it off, despite interracial relationships being frowned upon in most social circles, but unnamed secrets from their respective pasts may threaten to split them apart. A vintage slice-o-life. This could work even better as a MxM pairing since homosexuality was also considered illicit.
The Kingdom of Bohemia (modern day Czech Republic), 1618. A tale inspired by Shelley’s Frankenstein. Muse A has always harbored unquestionable disdain for the Holy Roman Empire and its dogmatic Catholic underpinnings. Why? Because he is a scientist (granted, one gradually losing his mind), and he believes that pure logic and rationale leave no room for God. Ever since he was excommunicated from the church and expelled from university, he made it his lifelong enterprise to disprove the supposed miracles of the Bible through science alone. He therefore creates life on his own accord. Muse B is a woman made alive by sole work of Muse A’s hands. As a way of undermining the patriarchal implications of the church, he desires to make her his intellectual equal and enlist her help in his future work. Complications arise, however, when he begins to develop feelings for her, as well as the outbreak of war on the horizon.
West Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA. Modern times. Muse A, once an internationally acclaimed writer/poet in his days of youth, is now a miserable and washed up has-been, teaching a class on early English literature at Los Angeles City College. Here, whatever fame he stubbornly held onto from his days of glory was obsolete; no one knew of his work, and they likely weren’t bright enough to appreciate it. He is dark, brooding, and tortured. Enter Muse B, a sophomore who was far too intelligent to be going to a community college (the reasons remain unknown). Their interactions don’t go beyond the confinement of teacher-student relations, until one lonesome night, for separate reasons, they encounter each other at a hotel bar after hours. For all their knowledge, Muse B possesses something Muse A lost a long time ago — innocence. The question is, will they give him the solace he longs for, the chance for rediscovery? And at what price?

More plots will be added as I continue to develop some of my characters. Stay tuned.
Also, to the aesthetically inclined, forgive me for how ugly and basic this post is.

Hi! I would be really interested in trying out Like God's Only Dove if you don't have a partner yet :) It seems like we match up in a lot of ways in regards to what we're looking for in a partner so just let me know!

I'd be more than happy to give the Voodoo, Tabou, Bayou plot a try! I've become increasingly more busy and overwhelmed so I can understand the business that you yourself face, but I think it'll work out.
If you're interested to give it a whirl, let me know.

Also, I will admit that I was lured in by the title.
Space Baby Space Baby

If you're still looking, I'd love to do the "Like God's only Dove" or "Voodoo, Tabou, Bayou" plots. c:

I love the title too XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back