• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern If I Die Young | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
cameron
the goodie 2 shoes
Cam literally had no words. Questions and comments were coming at her from left and right; this is why her dancing was a secret. It was no secret that Cam's parents had money, but that was just it-- they had money. Cameron had picked up dancing as a way to rebel from the pressure they were constantly putting her under, and then, she'd found out she was good at it and she enjoyed it. Not the grabby men or the pervy looks, but the outfits and feeling powerful... that was why she kept at it. Well, and the money, of course. Wanting so badly to be out of her parents grasp, even now, she wasn't willing to let go of that part of herself.

But how could she explain that to them? Micah might understand, but would he? Would any of them? Judging by the looks on some of their faces, she couldn't bring herself to say the words. When Micah threw an arm around her, she looked over at him, nearly bursting into tears and laughter at the same time. Resting her head on his shoulder, she shrugged her opposite shoulder. "It's Trix. Trixie."

When asked by Leo if it was something she enjoyed, she sniffed, lifting her head. "Sure. It's fun, mostly. Look, you guys, I don't just do it for that, though. I-" She was cut off as Tyler started screeching about a party, and she rolled her eyes. But by then Leo was asking why she brought the clothes, and then Zem cut in, asking if she was in financial trouble.

"No!" She paused, then sighed. "I mean... not really? Kinda?" Alana snapped back at Zem, drowning out Cam's words. Her eyes shifted over to Caydon, who looked simultaneously pissed off and confused. Feeling her heart clench, she quickly averted her gaze as Mari and then Tyler left the room.

Still standing there, clutching her clothes and the shoes, she took the bag from Alana and stuffed everything back inside. "My parents have money." She finally stated, turning to look at everyone. "That doesn't make it mine." Her eyes fell to the bag again. "Time goes on and people change. I've been considering dropping out of school. But anyway... since the cat is out of the bag..." Shrugging, she set the bag on the floor nearby, then turned back and placed her hands on her hips. "Yup. I'm a dancer. Anyone else wanna say what they've been up to the past few years?"

living room
"Well, meow."
Click!
Alana ( jasmyn jasmyn ); Tyler; Leo ( AI10100 AI10100 ); Micah ( AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ); Caydon ( r e i r e i ); Mari ( Nona Nona ); Zem ( erosful erosful )
coded by natasha.

Micah McKinney
Micah.jpg

After Micah had said his piece, Leo joined in with questions of whether Cam was enjoying the stripper life. There wasn’t exactly a clear division in the group when it came to how they felt about all this, but it was clear that everyone’s thoughts fluctuated. Of course, Micah had always been the more open-minded of the whole group, having heard quite a few stories from his parents about their lives and those of their friends, but that also meant he understood the drastically different reactions. To a degree.

He smiled gently down at Cam as she leaned her head on his shoulder and told him her stage name. “Not as cool as Adonis or Eros, but it fits.” Micah squeezed her in a hug briefly before turning to the others as they voiced their own thoughts.

Zemora asked if Cam was in financial trouble—which was certainly a plausible reason for her to be doing it, though not a be-all, end-all—and Alana snapped a bit at her. He quirked an eyebrow—first he was teasing Cam, and now she was defending her? Interesting. Then she turned to Micah specifically and said she could see him being a stripper. There was a weird glint in her eye as she said it.

Fuck.

He tried not to make it obvious that he was embarrassed when she said that, though of course it was true. Instead, he looked away, catching Caydon putting his arm around Zem. His thoughts almost erred on the side of romantic when he noticed it was almost the same way he did it with Lilo, which… Yeah, that made sense. Although he was still confused as to how long Zem had known about Lilo (especially since her mother had gone to school with Micah), if she did, it made sense that Caydon would be protective of her.

Mari and Tyler excused themselves to the kitchen, presumably to finish up the cooking (FUCK HE STILL HAD TO FINISH THE CROQUE-MONSIEUR!), but Micah wanted to hear Cam’s side. She admitted that just because her parents had money, that didn’t mean it was hers. Now that, he could see. It wasn’t often Micah didn’t like people, but something about Cam’s parents had always irked him. Really, with all the weird family dynamics this group faced, it was no wonder Micah’s family’s apartment had become the unofficial haven for them all.

Micah gave Cam a quick kiss on the cheek before ducking into the kitchen to grab his mixture to spread over the grilled cheese sandwiches. Cam diverted the conversation deftly to ask what everybody else had been up to. Still mixing, he raised his foot and tapped a magazine he’d left on the coffee table. “I remembered Zem was into fashion stuff, so I brought that. Turn to page sixty-five. I dunno if you know anything about Madame Cavallon, Zem, but, uh… she’s Rafa’s mom.” That was all the explanation he was going to give, but she could page through that all she wanted. He wasn’t exactly hiding the fact that he was a part-time model—he kinda dressed douche-y enough to make it obvious, but it wasn’t exactly something he spread around. Last thing he needed was too much publicity from it all.

“Other than that, school. I’m trying to be an elementary school teacher, like my uncle. But I’d probably be a sexier one.” With that, he grinned and melted back into the kitchen, taking out the necessary bread, ham, and cheese ingredients for the croque-monsieur. He was so far in the zone, he probably wasn’t going to hear much of the next bits of conversation. Honestly, he barely registered that Mari and Tyler were in there with him as it was.

Maybe it was just the French cooking.

Outfit: This + Some Mixture of These | Location: Cabin | Scenario: Oh Lordy I Am Blushin' | Mood: Cookin' | With: Leo + Cam + Mari (sorta) + Caydon + Zemora + Tyler (sorta) + Alana | Tags: jasmyn jasmyn AI10100 AI10100 apolla apolla Nona Nona r e i r e i erosful erosful
Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

warning: hidden scroll (click on bottom right corner to begin scroll)

and so the cycle continues

Leonard tilted his head at Alana's response to his question about the clothing - pointing out that maybe she wanted to wear it for someone in the group. It was true that there were people who were into that kind of stuff, something Leonard didn't quite understand no matter how hard he tried. He could appreciate the design of such clothing and how it would fit someone, but that's the end of it. Many of his friends say that there's so much more to it than just that but he gave up halfway into trying to understand it. It was just... not something he was into.

There were a couple of things that were going on that threw him off the loop as he took a sip of his coffee. Zemora had thrown out if she was having financial trouble, Alana snapped back, Caydon was now protecting Zemora with an arm around her. For a moment, he entertained the idea of joining Marianna into the kitchen. It was practically like they were kids when he'd just escape to the attic when he was feeling particularly overwhelmed and sometimes Marianna was there. There was comfort in her silence. But Tyler had already gone ahead to join her and he didn't get along with him very much.

He looked back at the group's rising tension and took another sip from his can. How Anna managed to keep her sanity is a mystery to him.

Leonard perked up at Cameron's change of topic to everyone else. Micah had tapped his foot on a fashion magazine. He perked up at the mention of Madame Cavallon. It was so familiar. He looked towards Alana with a questioning gaze. He was sure he's heard of it before. His attention was taken away once more when Micah mentioned that he was aiming to become an elementary school teacher. He leaned on the doorway separating the kitchen and the living room. "You'd be great with kids." He mused. "It's best to surround yourself with like-minded people after all." He continued with a joking smirk, fully knowing that Micah would get it.

He looked down, swirling his cup. "As for me, well, I'm working under my father, as you'd expect." He shrugged. "Proposed to Alana. And other than that... ah, nothing interesting at all." It was such a monotonous life he had been leading, and he was well aware of it. Signing the contract with his father was like a deal with the devil or maybe even worse. There was nothing other than work running in everyone's mind in that hivemind. It was the worst kind of living, but it paid. It paid well in fact, especially for someone in his position.

"So I understand you Cameron. Parents' money is nice and all, but depending on it forever isn't ideal. So why not make it mine?" He highly doubted his father would leave any money for his children anyway, likely putting it all in his business. Family meant little to him. It wasn't like he was getting his money for free when he was younger too. He might have spent a lot for all of them, but those came at the expense of having to impress his father at every turn.
leonard

INTERACTIONS: Everyone

MENTIONS: N/A

TAGS: You know who you are
code by fudgecakez

mentions: everyone.
interactions: alana, cameron, and micah.
outfit: here.

ZEMORA SHELBIA
T.....H.....E..........N.....E.....R.....D

The sudden influx of information was a lot for Zemora to process. Though it was considerably easy for her to mask her emotions and appear complacent at all times, there was the slightest furrow of her dark brows, her gaze shifting between Micah and Cameron as the two shared details about their lives as strippers.

Eros and Trixie. They were certainly... interesting choices for stripper names. Oddly enough, she found it easy to see Micah as a performer; he had the right personality to be on stage and in front of others, and he was rather easy on the eyes. Of course, she wouldn't admit that to him directly. Cameron, however, strayed far from the image that Zemora had in mind for a stripper. She was almost certain that her blonde friend was well-off thanks to her parents, and she'd been bound by their strict rules throughout high school.

So how the hell did she wind up becoming a stripper?

Before Cameron could provide an answer to Zemora's question regarding financial instability, Alana butt in with a harsh remark. "A stick in the mud, Lana? Really? Are you genuinely bothered that I'm showing concern for my friend?" she retorted, crossing her arms over chest in a defensive manner.

She knew that she wasn't the most inviting or understanding of people, try as she might to be so. However, it appeared that her dearest sister sought vengeance each and every time she tried to show concern towards her friends, or even Alana herself. She didn't doubt that a conversation regarding Alana's use of marijuana would surely make an appearance during their time in the lodge.

Caydon was quick to jump to her aid, telling Alana that her question had been valid. She slightly stiffened when his arm wound around her shoulders, but the tension slowly dropped from her shoulders as the attention shifted towards Cameron, who tried to explain why she began performing. She understood the urgency to make her own money and not rely on her parents, but the moment she mentioned dropping out of school, Zemora perked up and quirked an eyebrow. "What do you mean drop out? You can't rely on being a stripper your entire life."

She took note of Mari and Tyler making an exit towards the kitchen to cook a meal for the group, with Micah following shortly after. Though, not before he brandished a magazine with the toe of his shoe. Her gaze trailed towards the publication, her eyes widening as he shared that he knew of a famed fashion designer. She stepped away from Caydon's embrace and reached for the magazine, flipping through the pages until she reached sixty-five.

"I'm going to assume Rafa is the lady you attended the funeral with. So, you've met Madame Cavallon? Her autumn collection was gorgeous, and I managed to convince a friend to snag one of the coats from the line for me." As she told Micah this, she turned on her heel, her head bent towards the pages cradled in her hands, and lowered herself onto the couch in the living room. She leaned back and crossed one leg over the other, balancing the magazine on her thigh, her gaze glossing over the pages.
when will you be back at the office?

two weeks.

two weeks?? that's a lot of time and there's so much to do.

well, try to not get fired. see you then.

full

full

giphy.gif

"Do you understand how broken I am? I don't think you do."
Caydon Ronald West​

mood: freaking out

mentions: erosful erosful apolla apolla AnimeGenork AnimeGenork jasmyn jasmyn Nona Nona AI10100 AI10100

scenario: maybe a gang leaer[/I

outfit: n/a

tags: n/a
Everyone started to open up about what they've been doing these past years. How was he supposed to say that he's been raising his daughter, who they've met at the funeral and running a gang. He listened as everyone started to talk. He was tired of hiding his secret. it wasn't like it was a bad one. He just runs a gang, that cannot be that bad right? Or could it? Fuck, this was too much thinking for his brain right now. He then glanced at Micah who was trying to become a teacher which he knew. Micah knew Varla, and introduced her to Caydon. He has always felt that Micah has felt guilty over introducing them but he didn't regret a thing. His daughter was worth all the pain.

"Just admit that you want to become a teacher to be with people your age Mic." He says smirking as he teased him. He was a great uncle to Lilo, and taught her a lot of things, some of them that he could live without his daughter knowing. Like fucking peppy pig, who the fuck decided that was a good idea for a show. He nodded at Leo, when he explained his current business and working under his father which was understandable. Everyone in High School knew that he was the future of the company which is why he got the top grades and did perfectly in every sport. He sighed as people went everyone and when it was finally his turn to speak up. He sighed

"Well, you know I became an dad...and I may be an gang leader?" He says quietly "I may or may not be in charge of Midnight Wolves which is the top gang in this area of course. He looked everywhere but at them. He didn't want to see their faces "Turns out my dad was in charge and it got passed down to me...." He sighed softly relieved that he got that off of his chest. One less secret to worry about. He glanced at Cameron. One less secret yea. He will never tell that secret, that one will follow his to his grave.
full

full

giphy.gif

coded by korol | note: THIS WAS HARD

marititle-01-01-png.737470

mariiii-jpg.737466

She wasn't sure if anyone was actually going to follow her to the kitchen. Not that she minded. She expected Micah to appear back at some point to finish what he was making. Right now he was just distracted with everything that was going on it seemed but she was fairly confident that he would come full circle and end up at the kitchen counter.

She had quietly returned to her spot in the kitchen where she was preparing the salad about to start before hearing a voice behind her. She blinked before tuning to spot that Tyler had decided to tap out of the Cam situation and follow her to the kitchen. She offered a bright smile "Oh! Thanks! Uhm..." her eyes drifted towards her current task. She guessed with it being easy she didn't exactly need help? But she appreciated the gesture none the less and besides, it would speed things up "Well. Micah is taking care of the cooking stuff for the most part...when he uhm... comes back" she started as her gaze moved back towards Tyler "But! if you want to grab a knife and help chop up some of the salad ingredients with me that'll help" She added with a smile and a slight tilt of her head.

His next comment had her pause for a moment before answering "I'll be honest it for sure caught me off guard" she started with a gentle laugh and a shake of her head "But more power to her. A job like that takes guts and confidence I certainly don't have so I respect it" she answered honestly as she continued to work "And I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. I'm guessing we've all changed lots, even if we don't realise it" she finished just as Micah had returned to the kitchen along with the others seeming to be slowly making their way closer to the kitchen doorway bit not entering, thankfully with things de-escalating a little at that point.

It was around this that the subject of what everyone was up to now came around, with Micah sharing his plans to be a teacher. Huh. Teacher kind of suited him... Next was Leo filling in that Alana and he were engaged and that he worked with the family business... If he hadn't changed his thoughts from years ago then she was assuming that job was not something he wanted, at least that's what he had told her at one point... but adult life was different for sure so needs must and all that. She was happy for Alana and he getting engaged though.

Caydon's admissions had her pause what she was doing for a split second... A what? Had she heard him right? A gang? Wow. Kind of hard to follow up after that one, she was sure there was a lot of questions to ask about that one... but she guessed if everyone was sharing, she might as well join in, even after that info drop "I uh... went to veterinary school? I'm working in someone else's vetenary practice right now but I plan to open my own soon" she added in a soft tone.

• More Info •

Mood:
Fine

Outfit:

Interacting with:
Tyler, everyone near the end

Tags:
apolla apolla AnimeGenork AnimeGenork jasmyn jasmyn r e i r e i erosful erosful AI10100 AI10100

• Character Sheet •

Last edited:
mood :

"kinda awkward but i guess we are all just vibing"
mentions :
???

interactions :
???
it girl (HS days) ~ twenty three
Alana Moretti
Maybe Alana was too harsh on Zem but she just always felt like there was a hint of judgment in everything Zem said. Was it valid? Probably not. She was just so used to Zem being the golden girl. In school. At home. Zem was the smart, successful one while Alana wasn't. At least, not when you compared her to her sister.

If the blonde wasn't high she probably would've snapped back at Caydon who clearly had a little too much built-up anger or something. "Whatever," was all she said, rolling her eyes and making her way to the kitchen. She needed a drink or something. The conversation about Cameron and Micah being stripper continued on as she rummaged through the cabinets for a bottle of...well, anything really.

"Anyone want a drink? Malibu and pineapple," she called out as she pulled the rum out and set it down on the counter. As she began to pour herself a drink and anyone else, she heard Caydon again. Did he just say he was in a gang? Did anyone even hear him? Jesus. Picking up her freshly-made drink and walking back into the living room she eyed the group.

"Am I the only one hearing this? You're in a what? How long have you been a gang member? Are we in danger?" she questioned. God, she needed to sober up not drink to enhance the buzz. "Wait, can I join? I'm tough," she added. Her eyes flickered from Caydon to everyone else then back. She couldn't help but notice that Zemora didn't seem as phased by the news as the others.

Her picture-perfect sister was okay with her best friend leading a gang. "Did you know?" she finally spat out, one hand resting on her hip as the other brought the drink up to her soft, pink lips. There was no way that Zem was clueless. She definitely would've been throwing out some long lecture by now if this was the first she was hearing of his extracurricular activities. Right?
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
cameron
the goodie 2 shoes
Cam could literally have shot herself or jumped off a bridge as her secret was revealed. But instead of running and hiding (which seemed like a really good idea) she decided to embrace it. After all, it was already out in the open. What was the point of hiding? And these were her friends, right? They were supposed to love her no matter what. Some of them seemed surprised, which she couldn't blame them for. Of course they would have questions. Cameron wasn't even angry with Zemora for her question, but it did make her realize that maybe they didn't know Cameron as well as they thought they did.

Still, finding out Micah was a stripper too (or had been) brought a strange sense of relief to her. She couldn't explain it, but she felt alot better about her own situation. Stripping had never been something Cameron woke up everyday deciding she wanted to do. She'd fallen into it by accident, then found out she was actually good at it, and of course the money helped. Her parents would absolutely flip if they found out their perfect daughter was dancing for strangers. To be honest, they'd probably completely cut her off.

The thing was, though, Cameron didn't want the life they'd planned out for her. It wasn't making her happy, and hadn't been for a long time, which was another reason she danced. The pressure of being perfect... well, one could only take that so much. And dancing was a way to get rid of the anger she held towards her parents, and make money that was her own.

Micah went on to say how he wanted to teach, and Leo was working on making his fathers company his own. Zem responded to Cam's comment about dropping out, but Micah distracted her with a fashion magazine. And then, Caydon dropped a bomb on them that might have even trumped the former good girl of a group being a stripper. "A gang?" Cam asked, no judgement in her voice, just curiosity.

Mari made a comment about veterinary school, but Alana brought the conversation right back to Caydon being a gang leader, asking if her sister knew about it. Looking at Caydon with his arms around Zem, Cameron couldn't help the stab of jealousy that shot through her. But it was unwarranted, and she knew that. Still. Glancing down at the bag she'd dropped on the floor, she moved to pick it up again.

"I'm gonna take this back upstairs." She muttered before disappearing from the room, her feet hardly making a sound as she headed upstairs. That had been alot of information to take in. Once in her room, she dumped the bag onto the bed, looking at one of the little plaid skirts sticking out of it, scoffing a little.

living room ---> her room
"Well, meow."
Click!
Alana ( jasmyn jasmyn ); Tyler; Leo ( AI10100 AI10100 ); Micah ( AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ); Caydon ( r e i r e i ); Mari ( Nona Nona ); Zem ( erosful erosful )
coded by natasha.

tyler
the stoner
Tyler may have excused himself to the kitchen, but he could still hear everyone's voices as though he were still in the room. He listened for a few seconds before moving to grab the vegetables to chop up. "Knife, knife, I need a-- aha, found one!" Opening drawer after drawer until he found one, he pulled the sharp knife out of the last one and made his way back to the counter. "Now I need a cutting board."

He started moving around until he found one of those, glancing at Mari when he finally pulled one from a lower cabinet. "You're right. We've all changed." He studied her for a minute, a small smile coming to his features as he thought back to their high school days. "You seem like the same old Mari, though. You got any skeletons hidden in your closet, Mar?"

His tone was teasing, but he was genuinely curious as he grabbed a pepper to rinse off and begin chopping. From the living room, the others were talking about what they'd been up to over the last few years. His chopping slowed as Caydon revealed being a gang leader, and Ty glanced towards the door. Jesus, was everything coming out on the first night?

Moving onto a cucumber once he was done with the peppers, he gave a small shake of his head. Micah had reentered the room, though he seemed to be in his own little world. Popping a slice of cucumber in his mouth, he picked up another one and held it out to Mari. He wasn't much of a cook himself, but he could easily chop veggies, no problem.

Alana's voice floated into the room, and something about her tone stopped Tyler and caused him to look up. Her voice had changed into something a bit more angry, and he glanced over at Mari, grimacing slightly. "Do you think we should...? Nah, they'll be alright. Right?"

kitchen
"Choppy, chop chop."
Click!
Alana ( jasmyn jasmyn ); Cam; Leo ( AI10100 AI10100 ); Micah ( AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ); Caydon ( r e i r e i ); Mari ( Nona Nona ); Zem ( erosful erosful )
coded by natasha.

marititle-01-01-png.737470

mariiii-jpg.737466

Her gaze flickered towards the man next to her as he answered her previous words, agreeing that they had all changed, though his comment on “Mar” seeming the same had pulled a raised brow and a gentle smile from her as her gazed shifted to the veg in front of her that she was cutting, not sure if her seeming the same was exactly a good thing, she didn't have a good opinion on her teenage self.

"You think so?" she questioned his assumption at first before shaking her head at the mention of skeletons in her closet "Oh God, I probably have one or two if I look" she gave a small laugh as she lifted some of the lettuce she cut and put it into the large bowl in front of her. “I bet we all do...” she trailed off gently as voices picked up in the living room just a little more.

Even with Mari somewhat changing the subject earlier with mentioning what she herself had been up to, Alana held back no punches in swinging the subject back to the gang situation right away and it hadn’t moved from it since, Which wasn't a surprise really. Even if Caydon didn't exactly look keen on getting into the finer details of course such an admission would have everyone wanting to do just that. While her ear was admittedly perked in curiosity, she didn't add any questions to the pile, instead trying to focus on the task at hand as her helper was busy moving onto the next salad ingredient, about to do the same her eyes caught a hand moving towards her, offering her a piece of cucumber. She blinked a few times, watching as he went ahead and ate a piece himself before her hand then moved to grab it with a polite smile.

She didn’t bite it right away, rather her hand seemed to hesitate at the thought of eating it. C’mon Mari! It was just one tiny thing, don’t make yourself look awkward now! Psyching her brain up a little she put the cucumber piece in her mouth. Her attention now too was being swiped up by Alana’s tone becoming more accusatory, Her gaze snapping meeting Tyler’s as he asked if they should do something or would they be okay. Her brows furrowed with uncertainty as she listened further to the ticking time bomb of a social interaction before she then shook her head “I don’t know...but I hope so...” She answered softly with a frown. She couldn’t just step in, this was turning into a disagreement between siblings, something totally foreign to an only child. Cam seemed to have the right idea by sneaking upstairs, though she hoped she’d be alright there after what happened. Right now. Mari could feel the stress in the air getting thick already and at that moment she was glad she retreated to the kitchen when she did earlier since it gave her that little bit of distance. Maybe it was wishful thinking but hopefully the stress levels wouldn’t go beyond this...

• More Info •

Mood:
Fine

Outfit:

Interacting with:
Tyler

Tags:
apolla apolla AnimeGenork AnimeGenork jasmyn jasmyn r e i r e i erosful erosful AI10100 AI10100

• Character Sheet •

and so the cycle continues

Leonard's attention bounced from one person to another as they relayed their current conditions. Alana and Zemora's tension almost never subsided, even after all these years, and neither did Caydon's protectiveness over Zemora. His eyes flitted to Cameron who didn't seem to visually react to it. He took another swig of his coffee, deciding it would be best to keep silent for now and continued listening. Nothing all too surprising - but one did make him nearly choke on his coffee. Caydon's admittance to leading the gang called the Midnight Wolves. His mind went blank for the moment as he began to cough out the coffee that had decided to take perch in his lungs.

"The Midnight Wolves...?" Leonard let out almost in a whisper which was drowned out by Alana's own reaction to the information. He cleared his throat again and found more interest in his coffee than anyone else. They operated in maximum secrecy when it came to their clients. Leonard should know - after all, he only found out that the person he had been working with was Caydon and not some nameless person he would throw under the bus if things get heated. Then that meant that his father had been working alongside Caydon's this entire time? He wondered if his father knew. He most likely did. He likes to keep his contacts known just in case something happened.

His ears picked up Alana asking if she could join and he really hoped that it was jokingly. He tuned back into the conversation, eyes now on Caydon. It would only be fair for him to tell Caydon that he was one of his clients... right? Now that everything was on the table. And it wasn't like he would get judged for being in contact with a gang. But the company's reputation rode on this. If it gets out that they've been working with the Midnight Wolves in some backhanded deals and information exchanges...

No, he couldn't risk it. Not now. Not in front of everyone, at least.

"As long as you're safe Caydon." Leonard commented once he got back to his feet, metaphorically. He turned back to Cameron only to notice that she wasn't there anymore. Likely had gone up to store her clothing that had been revealed to the group. "But a gang huh... that's some pretty big news to drop." Still, there was no malice in his voice. It would be hypocritical of him to judge Caydon. He gave the guy a small smile. "If Alana does end up joining, I do hope you look out for her. She's a bit reckless." He jokingly added as if to attempt to dispel the ever-growing tension in the air between the two siblings who looked like they were close to duking it out verbally again.
leonard

INTERACTIONS: Everyone

MENTIONS: N/A

TAGS: You know who you are
code by fudgecakez

mentions: everyone, mostly alana, caydon, and leo.
interactions: alana.
outfit: here.

ZEMORA SHELBIA
T.....H.....E..........N.....E.....R.....D

She sat silently, flipping through the pages of the magazine, a hazel gaze taking in the contents presented to her. As the group's conversation shifted towards the careers they were currently pursuing and other important details of their life, she slowly lifted her head to announce, "I'm working with the ambassador of Israel. It's the start of my ten-step plan to world domination."

It was a joke. Or, at least Zem's futile attempt at a joke.

She'd returned to the magazine just as Caydon spoke, sharing that he was a father with a hesitance she never imagined he was capable of mustering, then adding that he was in a gang. To her knowledge, she was the only other person in the room to be aware of his involvement with the Midnight Wolves, so it was no surprise to see the reactions her friends made. They all paused, their thoughts and actions haltering as they tried to consume this new piece of information, tried to accept that their friend was a gang leader.

Being privy to this, Zemora offered no emotions, as the only expression she revealed was the slow, secretive consideration of everyone's acceptance. Her gaze flittered towards Leo, who stood silent for a beat longer than the others. For a split second, she questioned the wheels and cogs that turned in his head, yearning to know what thought struck his mind that made his focus turn to the cup of coffee in his hand. She looked away before it became obvious that she was staring at him, instead turning to where her sister jokingly suggested joining Caydon's gang.

She dipped her head, mockingly rolling her eyes at Alana to herself. The magazine captured her attention once more, and she let the light conversation continue around her. At Alana's sudden accusation, Zemora shifted her gaze from the magazine to her sister, stood feet away from her. Alana's sneer prompted a lifted eyebrow.

The implication of her sister's words made her shoulders tighten, arms freeing themselves from holding the magazine to instead wound around her torso, as if to protect herself from whatever Alana had at the tip of her tongue.

"I did," was all that she simply stated, a seamless retort. It was highly out of character for her to sit idly while Caydon lead a gang he inherited from his father, but she saw no point in having to explain herself to Alana; if she wanted to believe that Zem was alright with what she knew, then they clearly didn't know each other as well as one might assume.
when will you be back at the office?

two weeks.

two weeks?? that's a lot of time and there's so much to do.

well, try to not get fired. see you then.

Micah McKinney
Micah.jpg

The tension in the air seemed to dissipate as they finally did the “catching up” part of this trip. Leo was the first to tell Micah that he would be good with kids—something about surrounding himself with like-minded people. Micah stuck his tongue out at his best friend as he finished the preparations to finish the sandwiches. Caydon had a similar response to his choice of career, and had he not cared about the food he was preparing, he would have thrown it at Caydon’s head. (He’d do that with snow later.) At least they hadn’t made a big deal about the model thing. But then, they’d all met his dad, so perhaps they knew, logically, that someday something like it would happen? Ah, well.

There was a split second when Micah froze, and it was because he’d distinctly heard the word “proposed.” Did… that mean… Well. Good for them! Yes, it was good for them. Micah ignored the tightness in his chest at the thought of Alana marrying his best friend. In fact, wasn’t that the reason he was “with” Rafa in the first place? Because he knew something like this would happen? Think of something else, think of anything else. He would not break down in tears over something he’d never been able to change.

He smiled at Zem as she picked up the magazine he’d brought for her. “Yeah, I actually talk to her a lot. She’s, uh… sorta my godmother? It’s complicated—my dad and her husband are best friends. But yeah, Rafa’s the one who came with me to the funeral.” It would’ve been a lot to explain that he’d been visiting Rafa’s—and therefore Madame Cavallon’s—family since he was old enough to travel, so he didn’t include that. Let that come as it did, if ever.

It was about this time that Micah completely lost track of the conversation. Croque-monsieur required precision, and if he was going to feed a cabin full of estranged friends, he wanted to make sure it was perfect. Food was often the best way to help people come together—at least, that seemed to be the way to do it in France. Still, he nearly piped up when he heard something about a gang, but maybe they’d been talking about a movie? Probably not. There was definitely something about veterinary school.

There was a minute when Alana was in the kitchen, and Micah was very aware of her being there. His shoulders tensed up—he was still processing the whole proposal thing—as he tried to focus on the sandwiches at hand. Now was not the time to worry about some stupid high school crush. It wouldn’t have gone anywhere, anyway. Micah forced a deep breath and continued his work, letting his hands and the food distract him for a spell.

Tension seemed to creep back into the air again, but Micah honestly couldn’t be bothered about it. He was just about finished with the croque-monsieur, and he was excited to finally be useful for more than just his body (because of the MODELING, not anything else, weirdoes). Once finished, he strode back into the living room and set down a plate brimming with fancy grilled cheese sandwiches. “Alrighty, friends, there you have it—fancy grilled cheese sandwiches, courtesy of the French. One of us was vegetarian or vegan, right? There’s at least a couple that should be okay for you all. If there’s any other type I can make, let me know—wouldn’t want anybody else to miss out.”

Naturally, Micah completely missed the part where he’d waltzed into a warzone. Was this about the gang thing? He noticed Alana glaring at Zem and Zem pretty much glaring right back. Oh. Oh no. Caydon had a strained look on his face, so that couldn’t have been good. “Oh, hey, where’s Cam? I’ll go tell her dinner’s ready.”

Yes. He was a coward when it came to women fighting.

That, and he wasn’t entirely sure Cam was alright. Which made him sad.

He found her upstairs, scoffing at the stripper outfit that accidentally started the whole mess of messiness downstairs. “Cam?” he asked. “You alright?” Micah would’ve stepped further into the room, but he was currently shirtless, and he knew how things like this went, so he was going to stay out in the hallway so he didn’t get beaten up later. Not that he would’ve done anything except maybe give her a hug if she needed it.

“If it’ll make you feel better, I’ll go give Leo a lap dance right now and take everybody’s minds off of all this.”

Micah McKinney: a friend for the ages.

Outfit: This + Some Mixture of These | Location: Cabin | Scenario: Girls are Scary | Mood: Definitely Not Heartbroken | With: Leo + Mari/Tyler (sorta) + Caydon + Zemora + Alana, now mostly Cam | Tags: jasmyn jasmyn AI10100 AI10100 apolla apolla Nona Nona r e i r e i erosful erosful
Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Users who are viewing this thread

Back