• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Roleplay Type(s)
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
Season Two of The Ravening
Recruitment Thread

Current Status: Full!

The Story

Our main characters were gathered by someone claiming they were key to stopping the strange, unexplained bleeding of the moon. Once gathered, secrets were revealed, during one of the best barbecues around, and plans were made. They needed to reach Mount Chimborazo in Ecuador, Earth's closest point to the moon. Only, as plans tended to go, things went awry. Turns out they were already inside the mountain, and the best barbecue in Texas had been a shared coma experience.

A smaller group wound up being 'forcibly employed' by The Coven, a group of powerful magi, who claimed they were the true ones out to save the world and stop the bleeding of the moon. At least one mind was blown, literally, and they made their way to Ecuador as well.

It was soon revealed the cause of the moon's illness was the Coven, and they were siphoning the energy of other supernaturals to power their own magic. Magic which rose to a cataclysmic level, sending the main characters through a portal of time, maybe even space itself.

Waking up, they realized they were no longer in 'Kansas', much less anywhere near the modern age. They were now in a village besieged by repeated attacks, the last raid used 'Realmwalker' magic. As a result, they now occupied bodies that were not their own. Time was not their friend, for they were in real danger of losing who they were, of being assimilated by the last vestiges of the bodies' previous occupants.

A magic ritual involving attuned crystals would restore their core to the correct body and timeline. At least, that was the plan. Instead, the main characters found themselves in the correct bodies, and while the timeline matched, date wise, it didn't seem to be the same world they started out in.

Season Two begins in a village somewhere on the coast in New Zealand. It is a quaint village known as Marasong Harbor, with an active and prosperous trade route. The town has roots and history boring deep into the ground, roots steeped in tradition and routine from hundreds of years ago. While elements of the modern era have made their way into Marasong Harbor, several buildings retain stone foundations from as far back as the medieval period.

Here, the Uskah Community is thriving. Officially founded in the 1800s, the members have long shunned the industrial revolution, believing it would halt the return of the messiah by entering civilization into an irredeemable state of sin and temptation. While the religious aspect has long since faded, they still hold fast to a simpler time, where one lived off the land, hard work was its own reward, and a community cared for its own above all others.

With a population of approximately 450, it is a close knit community, where everyone knows everyone else, or believe they do. However, every town has its secrets, and Marasong Harbor bears several. Humans remain ignorant of the supernaturals living alongside, tilling the same soil, fishing the same waters, helping the small trade harbor operate. The supernatural beings who choose to live here, do so with the agreement to keep their true nature secret. In return, they will always have a home in Marasong Harbor.

Deeper secrets, buried for centuries, simmer just below the surface. Time will tell if such secrets remain undiscovered, or if they fester and boil over, disrupting the way of life for everyone in Marasong Harbor.

Rules
  • Follow RPNation rules at all times.
  • Common Sense: Fade to black for anything not in accordance with RPNation rules, no killing/controlling/etc other player characters without their consent.
  • If you want to use code for the character sheet, or IC replies, please make sure it is mobile friendly (or you must include a non-coded version behind a spoiler tag).
  • Characters must be approved before they can enter the story.
  • All characters should be 17 or older, all players should be 18 or older.
  • One post per week. GM Posts (including NPCs) will occur every Sunday, giving you that authentic 'once a week' series experience. :)
  • Please post a minimum of one paragraph (3-5 sentences a paragraph), third person POV.
  • Please check your spelling, punctuation, basic writing etiquette.
  • Discord will be used, from OOC chat, to story plotting, lore and world building, to In Character sessions (very useful to take quick dialogue and compile it into one post). The main RP takes place on RPN.
  • Discord invite will be sent out upon approval.

Links

If you're interested in more details, check out the following links!

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds

Last edited:
Smol bump!

bump manatee GIF

Forgive me for cluttering this thread of yours up any more, but the completed CS form are to be posted in this thread, are they?
Forgive me, I just don't want to be throwing posts in the wrong places! :closed eyes open smile:

There's still up to five spots open! Check out the link for The Details, and if you have any questions, let me know! I'm here to help.

Thanks! I'll take a look, and will message you with any questions (I'll likely have some even if just to help me incorporate them into the story)!

Tentative interest. Damn it's been ages since I touched these forums. I've only skimmed things thus far, so I'll get back to you once I've looked deeper - but this looks promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back