What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern If December Freezes (IC)

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. AU
  4. Horror
  5. LGTBQ
  6. Magical
  7. Mystery
  8. Platonic
  9. Realistic
  10. Romance
  11. Supernatural
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Riley Adler / Boy
Location: Exploring the cave
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words
(Via Discord)


Upon inspecting the room, the dog's eyes were drawn to a wall that looked considerably different than the other plain stone walls. A faint blue glow illuminated the rock from time to time, meaning there had to be water on the other side. Water with those pretty looking blue algae Boy'd only ever seen in pictures. Niiice!

He'd have moved to check it out up close if Augie wasn't petting his head while talking. Eyes were on the wall, but ears paid attention to Augie's words, and he noticed when anger started seeping in at the mention of the horned monster.

Boy was mostly relieved he was freed from its grasp just in time, but he was also kind of annoyed. Now that he could see, he hoped he'd be able to play in the water some. He missed it, for sure. For someone who'd surfed almost every week in the past, he sure missed the sea. But with that thing there, no way he was going anywhere near the water anytime soon.

And he barked when Augie muttered something about eating the thing's kelp forest. Sure he'd stay away from it, but so should Augie, no matter how tasty the kelp forest might be. Did sea lions eat kelp? Eventually the dog did get up and step over to the strange wall, leaving behind some half chewed bacon he wasn't too interested in at the moment.

It was essentially a makeshift wall, made of a bunch of random stuff piled up and bound with wire. Strange. It made him feel uneasy, as this whole time he thought his secret room had only one possible entrance. Sniffing around, he picked up the scent of old alcohol, fish, and just plain old ocean. No kelp scents, great. Feeling more confident, the dog started curiously pawing at some of the objects and crates, until it escalated to literally trying to dig through all the stuff.

He didn't really expect to succeed, no. That'd take a lot more time and effort than just clawing and digging at solid objects. But it'd get Augie's attention.


The sound didn't register for just a minute, but then he looked. "Hey! Boy! No.. no no." He rolled over and crawled to the makeshift blockade. Hands moved to try and guide the dog away from the wall. "No, no. It's better to keep that there. Safer. This way.. What did you smell over here?" He wondered what made the dog go to investigate in the first place.


Man, that was too many rules for a single day. But given their most recent experience with Marasong's dangers, perhaps he shouldn't question Augie's judgement.

The dog didn't resist when Augie tried to guide him away, but soon as he let go he turned around and sat down facing the wall again.

It wasn't about what he smelled, but what he saw. But how could he tell Augie he could see now? Sure he wasn't that dependent on outside help anymore, but who knew how much longer his sight would last this time. Besides, he figured revealing himself as a shifter, even if just to say thank you for all the help, had the potential to really ruin one of Boy's only friendships.

He looked back and forth between Augie's face and the makeshift wall several times. Then he'd get and approach the wall again, but he didn't start clawing. Instead, he crouched low, trying to peek underneath it through that narrow gap. If only he was a cat, he could maybe fit through. Just for a peek, you know. He believed Augie when he said it was safer with the wall there.


Augie sat back and was just relaxing, watching Boy, when the dog seemed to be drawn again and again to the wall. "There's nothing there, Boy. What.. do you smell something?" He was puzzled, and moved to examine the wall with the dog.

He even got low to the floor and peered through. "Nothing's there." With a sigh he sat back and combed his hair back with his fingers. "Maybe we can just.. go into town." He sort of wanted to search for shells and the like, but not with the horned thing out there. "See what's on the menu for dinner tonight at Tilly's."


Peering through, he saw nothing, and neither did Augie, apparently. Boy was just curious about a wall he didn't know was there before, he didn't smell anything out of the ordinary there. Just curious, that was all. So perhaps he shouldn't be too obsessed with it, lest he start making Augie worried.

At the mention of the word 'town' the dog turned to Augie, jumping up on him briefly before trotting over to the leftover bacon and quickly gobbling it up, then darting through the narrow passage leading to the main cave, then outside. He was ready to truly see Marasong!
 

Silver-

冬狼
Silver Blackwood
Tags:
N/A Mentions: Out Of Words Out Of Words Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme Location: Marasong Inn

The longer she waited for Roje to arrive, the more sensitive Silver became to her body and the enclosed space around her. It stalked around her weakened points, preying on the numbing pain in her ear, the feeling of clothes that had dried in ventilated air rubbing her skin the wrong way and a new arrival—hunger. Fragmented images of some type of soup or stew had her swallowing unconsciously as her stomach rumbled. The only problem with all this was that getting food meant talking to someone she didn’t know how well she’d even fair with eating around Beth, let alone tolerating the idea of her continuing to be in the motel room with Indy cradled in her arms. Her eyes darkened when she lowered the now cold towel to her lap, eyes scanning over the crimsoned material with what seemed to be a mixture of some form of.. regret? Sadness? Maybe a twinge of anger? She’d forced this to happen. Indy wouldn’t have shifted if her emotions hadn’t gotten the best of her and Beth probably wouldn’t have figured out their ‘non-human’ tendency. Something told her that the woman probably would’ve figured it out considering her own daughter had shifted into a cat and she hadn’t batted an eye, but Silver couldn’t help the feelings that churned at her empty stomach, making it feel as if she couldn’t eat even if she wanted to.

I’m gonna shower, maybe that’ll clear my head. The only available piece of clothing seemed to be one of two robes hanging from a hook on the wall so she’d just have to make do. Maybe she’ll wash her clothes by hand later to distract herself or something. Blinking at the noise that suddenly sharpened in her injured ear before gradually fading away, Silver rinsed out the blood from the rag into the sink as best as she could with some soap before taking a turn to clean herself up, feeling herself relax beneath a warm shower spray.

She’d sat for a while, tuning her ears towards an impending knock or jostle of the doorknob she’d locked prior out of habit. If she really wanted to, Silver was sure Roje could easily disarm the fragile slab of wood tenfold, maybe even bonk her on the head with it for being an idiot. Her hands slid up her crossed arms to rest on her shoulders again, gripping with frustration as she squeezed her eyes shut. If it wasn’t the weird, tinny-stinging pain in her ear that didn’t allow her to fully unwind, it was the odd sense of responsibility or guilt that gnawed at her. She couldn’t quite label it for guilt wasn’t normally an emotion she perceived. It was like the hunger that rested in the pit of her stomach—ravenous, twisting up her insides and spawning doubt. She growled softly, pinching at the bridge of her nose after a few minutes of mentally writhing whilst wasting the motel’s hot water.

It was a while until Silver finally stepped out of the shower, fashioned in a fluffy robe that made her feel exposed. Part of her wanted to relax but the other part was already unlocking the door to the bathroom, hunger making her stomach rumble enough that she was tempted to finally say something about it. They had meal vouchers for The Loving Spoon, but she also wanted nothing more than to curl up on one of the beds and forget about all of the anxiety wracking at her nerves. The image of Beth coddling Indy struck her with a sudden feeling of loneliness, made her wonder how her own mother was fairing with the fact that their daughter wasn’t human or possibly had never been human in the first place. It almost made her envious.

With a sigh, Silver folded up her dirtied clothes, deciding to clean them later as she carried them out to the hallway between rooms. She had half a mind to apologize to Beth and the softening tinning in her ear seemed to agree.
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
A Strategic Retreat and Pursuit

Hatsu could feel the weight of the safe as he did his very best impersonation of a rabbit seeking its burrow. He could hear Bernard asking Seraphim if she had seen some man on a photo, something from the envelope the man had received. But Hatsu was already climbing the stairs and seeking out the comfort of his own room, 206. It's very likely the door had never been opened or closed as quickly before.

Silence greeted him the moment the door was closed. And the fireglass hearth was on low, giving off just enough warmth, filling the room with a sense of welcome home. It was his home for a while longer, but it was pretty comfortable. There were worse places he could spend the time waiting for his house to be rebuilt.

Meanwhile, Bernard held the photo with the person of interest circled in red ink. Seraphm leaned in closer to look, a little puzzled by the red circle. "Oh, uh.. I believe..." She squinted her eyes, drew even closer with a tilt of her head. "Yes.." Standing straight, she looked at Bernard with her usual smile. "That looks like Kai. He owns the pub at the end of the docks. Uh.. why?" She was a naturally curious sort, one could just tell.





OOC Information

Hatsu silverwhere silverwhere : Looks like while you were out, there was a basket delivered to your room. It's filled with fresh fruit, a couple of chocolate bars, and some pretty sea glass baubles along with a card that reads "Sorry for your loss". Inside was blank, and a note written, "Didn't have anything about sorry for your house burning down, but this was the next best option. Will hold all your goods, no cost to you, until you get the house fixed up again. ~Imported Booty~"

Bernard Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian : The pub Seraphim mentions is the same one in the photo, The Careless Shark Pub. It isn't open yet, still in the process of recovering from a fire earlier in the year. You can see Seraphim trying to scan whatever is visible of the letter and photos you received.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Hard Knock Life

Beth remained cordial, "Yes, your father did say you were rather.. jaded? I think that's the word he used. But he was positive Marasong would help." She would pause now and then and make sure Indy had more milk, as much as the small cat wanted. "Indigo was always like a chewy caramel, hard on the outside, soft on the inside. Well, with most things, anyway."

Beth glanced up when Silver emerged from the bathroom, her smile a little on the cautious side, but still welcoming. "I bet the shower felt good. They do have wonderful water pressure at the inn." She didn't seem to be holding the wolf's actions against Silver. "Do you plan to go visit the cafe with Roje?" She asked even as her gaze returned to the cat in her arms.

"Indigo used to retreat to cat form when things were just too overwhelming. She'll change back when she's ready. I don't think she's up for joining you at the inn right now." Her eyes returned to Roje then, and her expression took on a most apologetic look. "I am sorry your father isn't here to greet you two. I know he wanted to be. We're still looking for him."





OOC Information

Roje Britt-21 Britt-21 : The insults are not currently phasing Beth, and she's even warm and welcoming again to Silver. The melody in your head remains, though a little bit stronger, and a little different. It is as if the melody is trying to find the right one to help soothe and calm you down.

Indy Rhyme Rhyme : It's good to be a cat. Don't have to worry about all those troublesome adult like things. It's warm and cuddly, safe. The milk is nice, but only makes you even more tired. Nothing quite like a cat nap while being held and petted. It's good. This is fine.

Silver Silver- Silver- : The melody returns to you when you've had a chance to breathe and relax from the shower. Quiet, soothing, persistent. And still, the idea of food seems to be growing into number one priority as there's a fierce stomach growl building inside.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Tea & Scones For The Soul

"Och, right away, dearies. 'Randa! Get th' scones." The scones were quite a treat at the cafe, full of fresh fruit, cream and only served while still warm. Tilly moved to get two of her best teacups, and picked a flavor at random while Miranda moved to quickly set the scones in the oven.

The place, already filled with delicious bakery scents, soon had another. About the time the tea was ready, the scones were pulled out and set on plates, two per plate. "Now, ya be careful, it'll be a wee bit hot." They were set out in front of Jay and Aódh, though she made a gesture toward the fox. "Sweet's not too good fer the animals. So 'ere.. Try out this snack fer the wee bairn." And a round cookie shaped treat was set to the side just for the fox.

"If'n ya need me, I'll be cleanin'." Tilly liked to keep her cafe clean, and it also helped her work out any frustrations. One could tell how frustrated she felt, by how hard she scrubbed the counter or tabletops. Usually by the time she was done with a couple, it would change to a more relaxed motion, and she might even hum along with the music still playing in the background.





OOC Information

Aódh & Jay Larry Larry xAlter xAlter : You get the sense that Tilly and Miranda are giving you two some space for conversation. There's no one else left in the cafe, and it isn't dinner time quite yet, but soon. Miranda starts to work on the side dishes for dinner, while Tilly cleans up. The chaos has left the building, and it's a good time to relax.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Truck Woes

It was a short few minutes to reach Wiri's truck, still parked near his mother's clinic. It was still wet from the rain and the opened window, but there wasn't any standing puddles, just squishy seats and floor mats. And anything left out in the bed of the truck was still drenched if it wasn't waterproof.

While at the truck, Marianne came out to speak with Wiri. She gave a smile and nod to Bill before looking at the ranger. "Dear, do you think you'll be stopping by the inn today? Can you deliver a package for me? Not now, if you're busy, but after maybe?" She seemed to be trying to impress with her expression the importance of this package delivery. "I'll get it ready when you're able to, it has to go there straight away once you pick it up." Yes, important, see the widening of her eyes?

Once she had Wiri's agreement, because she wouldn't take anything less, her attention shifted to Bill. It gave Wiri time to get whatever he needed out of the truck. "Lovely to see you, oh, next time you have a moment, stop by. We were sent some lovely cat treat samples by mistake. Might as well make sure they go to a good home." She smiled and then jingled the truck keys. "I'll hold onto these until you stop by later for the package." Not above a bit of shenanigans, even with her son.





OOC Information

Bill & Wiri BillieRoss BillieRoss @Collidias Rex : When you do get back to Bill's rented room, the 'ghostly' rabbit will still be around. It's now on top of the bed, nestled into the pillows. And Wiri, you can see it. The cat isn't happy, but rarely is, and the box in the middle of the circle is quiet and still.

Oh, and there's one black insect leg laying outside the circle, which you notice is a bit smudged, likely by something 'playing' with the insect leg when it stuck out.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
A Brand New World

Augie was surprised with the sudden vim and vigor Boy showed. He even went right through the little passage without hesitation. Figured he must be saying the word 'town' too much, or maybe it was 'Tilly'. Hell, maybe it was 'dinner'. Whatever it was, Augie had to change forms to shuffle and waddle through the passageway into the main cavern, then change back.

Augie did choose to change his shirt first, all the shelled necklaces and beaded things jingled softly in the process. There was a moment spent combing his hair back and tying it into a tail, then he rummaged around a small bag he kept near the crates. Coins jangled, and he drew out some bills and coins before he shoved them into a pocket of his jeans. He did try to pay for his meals now and then.

"Okay, Boy. Ready?" Augie was heading out of the cave, clicking his tongue like usual to help guide the blind dog by sound. He also talked a good deal when he wasn't making clicks and the like. "Tilly's dinners are prime, grade A plus plus prime. I like fish a lot, but really, anything she cooks is delish." And he led the way along the shoreline, though Augie kept an eye out for black horns lurking just under the waves.





OOC Information

Riley KodakWolf KodakWolf : Seeing is amazing. You made a bit of a journey before, while Augie was sleeping, so it isn't as surprising, or distracting. Yet, it still is to a degree. Augie continues to click his tongue to help guide you as he makes his way through the worn down path in the woods. He always takes the back way to the docks, going between the rows of houses and the back of the stores to the middle, then he turns to head to the cafe. All in all, it probably takes about fifteen minutes, though if you're moving with enthusiasm, ten.

A cafe filled with Tilly, Miranda, Aódh and Jay. Jay and his fox!


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
No House Party Here

Levi stood in the doorway, oblivious to the scene behind him, a scene Four could easily see over the small stature. There was a bearded man, just working on keeping his balance, and a blonde haired man whose attention seemed focused on the slightly disheveled darker haired, unkempt bearded man sitting in a chair. A man with a bit of blood along one side of his neck, and some staining the collar of his shirt.

Leif was writing on Chase's palm, and blue eyes blinked several times, not focused on anything in particular. Chase wuffled now and then, the tones indicating if he understood what word the letters formed, or if he needed something repeated. Eventually, he seemed to get the gist of what Leif had been spelling, and the wuffle turned into a short clearing of his throat.

"Thaw's." Only, the words that left his mouth, didn't seem to make much sense. And it was slightly above a whisper, being unable to judge how loud or soft he was speaking, a sensation Leif was now familiar with. "Wonkt nod I. Eselp, plehs deen."

Levi halfway turned when he heard Chase talking, forgetting momentarily about Four. But only for a moment. "Yeah, thanks, appreciate it. Gotta go." And he moved to retreat inside, clearly intending to close the door.





OOC Information

Leif & Edwight KodakWolf KodakWolf @Thropian : If you look to the doorway, it's clear the woman is peering over Levi, which isn't really hard to do. Leif, you can tell Chase is trying to communicate, but the volume goes up and down, and the words don't make sense. Edwight, you're doing well remaining on your own two feet, a sense of self, a sense of the body, continues to grow stronger in small tidbits.

Four @Maeteris : The red of the blood is hard to miss, but it didn't spread very far, and has stopped bleeding. You can see blackout curtains on all the windows, a hallway leading to a room with the door open. There were a couple of boxes in view in that back room, with a few items strewn about. And on the floor between the chair and the bearded man keeping his balance, two cell phones.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Rhyme

Authentic Garbage
Indy

Location: What is happening right meow
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Silver- Silver- Britt-21 Britt-21

It was not quite deja vu, the familiar warmth Indy felt curled in Beth's arms. Not quite a memory either, she realized, as her body rattled with low purrs. The sensation of watching a reenactment of a childhood experience, the actors made to look exactly the same as you remembered--but something just slightly askew in the way they spoke, the way they moved. Everything felt good, better than it had in a long time. Soft. Safe. Entirely wrong.

Despite her purring, Indy's tail was flicking under Beth's arms. Something about this state, being in this form, was spiraling in her brain. A warning; the vision of it delivered first by her mother, sunkissed face rosy under the shade of the Kamahi trees as she panicked over her strange daughter. The image was at odds with the Beth Indy appraised from below, the film of foundation caked to her cheeks puckering over aging pores.

Indy's mother never wore makeup.

But this was safe. Roje was speaking, the wolf had retreated, Indy could smell the sweet aroma of fresh milk, Maslow's Hierarchy was set and filled. She didn't need to question this, make it more difficult when everything was already so goddamn fucking complicated. So painful. It was so easy to allow her not-mother's arms to rock her deeper into the whirlpool of serenity that beckoned to be spread over every anxious thought.

'It'll be alright,' a memory, uncalled, whispered in her ear. 'It'll be okay. We'll figure this out. We'll get you back.'

Indy could see her; watch as the woman cradling her melted away. The walls of the Inn, splintering and falling to reveal the sparse pines and mountains of the American West. Her mother, plastic expression now peeled back to reveal the small crow's feet, the pinch of her brows as she held back tears with an expression Indy wouldn't recognize until years after. Her mother. Real Beth, crying because--why had she been crying? It was so difficult between the warm sludge filling her skull. Beth, her real mother, had been crying and something was driving Indy forward through the memory, urging her deeper into the quicksand to figure it out.

She hadn't been able to reply. Indy could feel the heaviness of her tongue, how weighted she had felt in that memory, unable to placate her mother with childish reassurances. I wasn't able to reply.

Because she wasn't human at all. She had been a cat; had been a cat for months at that point, unsure whether she could ever return.

Fuck, fuck--the proverbial mental sludge was up to her chin now, but Indy reached up to push out of the reverie, back to reality and the milk dripping onto her face and whiskers. Fuck. She hadn't fully shifted in too long, so long, and now this farce of a mother had her in a lullaby sleeper hold. The consequences of the whole past event were just too much to consider, for now, they were in deep goddamn shit. Indy would be in deeper shit if she didn't figure out how to shift back now. But first, she needed to escape.

Her paws kicked at Beth's arm, body wiggling desperately as she attempted to shake free of Beth's grip. She was not a goddamn kitten to be manhandled, this wasn't a goddamn cute animal facebook video. A small hiss wheezed through her teeth as she grappled to find purchase against Beth's steel hold. And don't refer to me as a goddamn caramel, you menace.





coded by: @s e v e n


 
Riley Adler/Boy
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words
Location: Headin' into town

Boy sat at the cave entrance and watched as Augie got ready, careful not to turn his back to the ocean. No, never again. He sat with his back to one of the walls, head turned to the side so he could watch Augie with interest.

It'd taken him a lot effort to learn how to be dependent on others again, and he still wasn't fully used to it, he realized. Perhaps it was because Augie did too much for him. That feeling was now intensified, both because he could see again, and especially because he now saw Augie gathering up what little money he had to pay for food, food which he'd eat not even half of.

The hornerd monster was close to ruining his plan of at least helping Augie collect pretty shells, but now he was determimed again. He'd just have to be extra careful. And with time he'd also be able to probably come up with other means to make money, sure.

For now, he'd just learn the way into town. And when Augie was ready, the dog sprinted forward on the path through the woods.
 
Last edited:

Worthlessplebian

Worthless pleb
Bernard GreveLocation: Marasong Inn ===> The Lovin' Spoon!
With: Larry Larry xAlter xAlter
Interactions: N/A, only mentions: Larry Larry xAlter xAlter
Art by leevolt on DeviantArt
Mood: Auspicious, however, Suspicious

Satisified with Seraphim's answer, Bernard began to pack the contents of this little snail-mail. But then he heard her inquiry. Like a snoopy bloodhound, it is as if Seraphim knew that Bernard had ulterior motives. This is what Bernard had hoped to avoid, alas, this obstacle must be placated. In preparation for such things, Bernard had written responses during his time in Marasong. You see, this electric Dane knows fully well what it means to be preternatural. These things rarely wish to be found and if they were? They'd fight to the last man. Despite being a resident for nearly two whole weeks, Bernard could not trust that Seraphim wouldn't betray him to these fiendish fellows that confined their furtive facts. A quick glance told him that the Innkeeper's eyes trailed to glimpse at the contents, carefully the man manipulated it so that any text would be obscured while exposing a picture or two. He made it seamless that it wasn't his intention to hide the most incriminating attache. While still fiddling, the Dane spoke to catch her attention. "Ah, you see, my dear." Not a fault in his voice. "This is a matter of history. While my primary academic focus is on the physics of things, my minor degree, a baccalaureate, is in history. I was hoping this "Kai" fellow would point me in the right direction." Chilling. Bernard's tone never shifted, his voice never betrayed a hint of deceptiveness. Because why would it? The best lie is often contrived from the truth. With all the contents packed, Bernard unzipped his vest and sheathed it in an internal breast pocket. Now for the coup de grace. "I'd also like to extend my stay in Marasong for another week, I'll pay the price tomorrow. In full, like before." With matters settled, Bernard turned almost on a heel towards the door. "Farvel!" He told her goodbye in Danish with an uplifted tone.

Walking out, Bernard took the salty coastal air into his lungs. "Chilly." He muttered. An internal discussion sprouted within him. It is nearly the evening, should the "man" seek out the Pub under renovations and its' owner/custodian or detour for now? There are valid reasons for both. On one hand, if he hurried to the pub then he might find the man sooner which reduces any chance of interference. The con to this is the aforementioned supernatural entities creeping on Bernard, Seraphim is still not clear in his eyes which means even now she may be phoning his details. If he belayed his arrival to the pub, Bernard might throw off any wayward spy on his trail while also gathering second-hand information about this "Kai." The obvious con is that "Kai" if informed via conventional or esoteric means would be able to prepare and ward him off via distractions, deflections, and deceptions.

Ultimately Bernard decided on the slower approach. A supernatural entity cornered is a frightened animal, the chance of violently lashing out would be high. However, lead the entity into believing it possesses the upper hand then it will show its' hand in a display of unearned arrogance which is where Bernard would catch this being.

He decided to stroll over to the local cafe. Both to keep up appearances and to potentially gather information on the pub at least. Caffeine does not have the same buzz anymore.

The tall man soon happened upon the "Loving Spoon," its cobblestone front reminded Bernard of those old-timey styled cafes back home. Ones with a certain theme. The glass door served as a peephole into the cafe. Instantly among the patrons, Bernard spotted a pale man around his size with another, an Asian fellow with a natural tan. He'd have to speak to those two later as they seemed to be an out-of-element factor which reduces the risk of them being in cahoots with this supernatural entity.

In the cafe, Bernard ordered a light roast coffee with oatmeal breakfast. Mostly because it reminded him of looking out the window at 6'o'clock, seeing the sun is up and then making grød & coffee then going back to reading his phys books. He sat on a table across the pair while they remained in his peripheral.
 
Last edited:

Larry

Your resident on-and-off bibliomaniac!
Aódh McFaol | Jae-eun Kyungri | Riley Adler/Boy
Written with: xAlter xAlter , KodakWolf KodakWolf and Out Of Words Out Of Words .​

"I am indeed," the Irishman responded, "Originally, Marasong was just a stop on a tour of South Island I had signed up for while in Wellington, but when we got here, I was just taken away with place."

Aódh laughed, with a degree of mirth and regret moulded together, given the experiences he had been put through since arriving the day before.

Continuing, he said: "It just has a certain allure about the place, that I can't wholly capture in words."

Jay made a very unbecoming sound in a snort, mixed with a choke after trying to drink his tea. Pounding on his chest with a fist, Jay let out a small noise of relief. "That sounds remarkably similar to another story." Jay half choked, half laughed out. "It's like something I've only experienced first hand."

Bringing his cup back up to take a drink, Jay used it to cover his nervous smile. Relaxing into his chair, Jay patted his lap and Yun jumped up and onto it. Curling into a fox shaped loaf, Jay offered the small treat set aside by Tilly. Offering the treat to the spirit, Jay watched as she reluctantly took it. "That woman.... at least she makes good food." Yun grumbled, eating the treat.

"You're right." Jay said, putting his tea cup down, and proceeded to groom Yun's coat. "This place does have a certain allure..."

Aódh smirked at Jay's innocuous snort, having on many occasions felt the tea go down the wrong way, only to result in a fit of coughing. In a way, the Irishman was glad that he had retrieved his usual staid self, given the maelstrom of emotion that had him buffeted from the moment of the lightbulbs breaking, onwards.

"It does, doesn't it?" the youth confirmed with a smile, heartily gulping a sizeable amount of tea from his own mug.

Then, given the glare he had received from it earlier, Aódh's attention turned to the soft, emminently-cuddlable orange creature ensconsed on Jay's lap.

"I'll have to call this little cratur Sionnachín now," he commented, admiring the sheen off of the fox's coat, "It's the Irish for 'fox', though apparently it's called that because of the joining together of two words: sean, meaning 'old', and neach, meaning 'one'. They called it that due to the white fur that stuck out against it's normal reddish coat."

The image evoked by the etymology of the word gave the youth another idea for a name, namely: "Or I could call ya Hoary? Hmmm...now that is a quandry."

Yun absentmindedly licked the crumbs from the treat from her maw, and instead of making any noise or comment, stared straight at Aodh. No noise escaped her as Jay's hand continued to glide along the fur of her back, her tail idly twitching. If a fox could smirk, she'd be smirking. At being called an 'old one' or whatever gibberish came of out Aodh's mouth, Jay was relieved to see Yun didn't go for his throat.

"Yun is rather peculiar with names." Jay responded as he gingerly reached for a scone, the warm pastry nearly making his mouth water with its smell. The keyword, being nearly, as Jay gingerly took a bite of the sugary treat. "When I first met her, she didn't like being called 'fox', or anything really. One of the names she really didn't like was 'vixen'." Shrugging, Jay took another bite. "It is what it is."

Placing the scone on a plate, Jay leaned against the counter and turned back to look at Aodh. "So you were talking with the good ranger and Hastu earlier, before I came. You don't have to, but like, what were you talking about?"

"Oh, well..." Aódh stammered, more than a bit weary of airing the specifics of what happened in the forest. Pausing for a moment, the youth then felt it best that the truth be doctored ever so slightly, for the sake of conversation.

"...I-I had something of an emotional episode in the forest. Perhaps the events of the day, from what happened here, to the fire, then running after Hatsu, probably put me under a bit of furtive stress: it boiled over once we had him with us again."

Aódh smiled, taking a sip of tea before resuming.

"However, I've calmed down now, thankfully, due in no small part to yourselves Tilly, Miranda," the youth admitted, a slight flush tinting his cheeks in a tame, reddish hue.

"It's been quite the day, so it has," Aódh opined, a mutish laugh following after.

Augie was amused with Boy's excitement for the day, all things considered. So he was chuckling a bit between clicking his tongue to signal for the dog to follow as he opened up the cafe door. The bell jingle jangled, and Augie was already trying to guide Boy to the seats nearest the door. "Hello, Tilly! Miranda!"

And he gave a good wave toward the other two conversing by the counter as he moved to take a seat and try to get Boy to sit still. He did eye the fox, hoping there wouldn't be some type of altercation between the two.

While the dog wasn't as distracted by the woods he'd now been able to see twice, the story was different when they reached the town of Marasong. He'd trot back and forth, left and right, and to Augie it probably seemed as if the dog was still blind, for he did look almost disoriented with all the new things there were to see.

But he did find his way to the cafe door eventually, because as much as he wanted to continue exploring the town, he also couldn't wait to see her, Tilly! See if she did look like what he pictured, see what the cafe looked like inside and where all those good scents came from.

The vim was still there when tbe black dog hopped into the cafe after Augie, and were it not for the man already trying to guide him to the seats near the door, he'd have set off exploring every corner.

He did follow Augie were he was directed, but the head was constantly whipping around as he took in all there was to see, eyes looking for familiar people he hadn't seen yet, mostly Tilly, and tail wagging, wagging, wagging.

He spotted the orange ball of fur before he smelled it, perhaps due to all of the delicious food scents filling the cafe and masking the presence of the orange cat in a stranger man's lap. A... no, not a cat. A fox!?

Head perked and ears pricked up, he observed the curious animal, the tail wag slowing to a stop as he stood beside Augie. Part of him really wanted to chase after it. He'd chased so many critters through the woods at this point, the habit had really grown on him. He knew he really shouldn't do that in the cafe, but... he wanted to at least go check it out, although he doubted Augie would let him.

But he was also unsure, maybe even a bit afraid. Little by little, some strange scents found their way to him, scents he couldn't quite place or make much sense of. But they were faint, so faint amid all the food scents... maybe he was being paranoid, after his last experience in the cafe.

Maybe he was just imagining it.
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Discord Compilation
(Leif, Edwight, Four, Chase, Levi)

It wasn't working... no, it was. They were communicating, even if the words that left Chase's mouth weren't clear. Leif lightly squeezed his hand between his own as he tried to make any sense out of the words. Help? Please? No, they'd need to try again.

However, when Levi started retrating back inside, eyes quickly found him.

"Who was out there?" Leif asked just as a slightly familiar scent struck him. Looking up, Leif half expected to see the elven woman from the barbecue. Evelyn. Wasn't it? Elves weren't that easy to come by, plus at this rate, the probability of running into someone familiar felt a lot higher than of running into a complete stranger.

Still, Leif soon realized he was wrong as he instead found himself looking at a professionally dressed, dark haired woman.

"What did they look like?" He inquired again about the person who'd ran off, but he soon turned back to Chase. Firstly because despite being concerned about whoever had been peeking inside, Leif was actually more interested in communicating with Chase. And secondly, because he was well aware of the blood on his face, and the longer he spent staring at the stranger like that, the worse.

So he held one of Chase's hands in his own, and started drawing again. Telling him to speak louder wouldn't be prudent with the strangers around.

N-O. Squeeze. U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D. Squeeze. W-R-I-T-E.

When Chase showed signs he understood, Leif turned his own hand so the palm was facing upward, and guided Chase's hand to it.

It took Chase a few repeats before he understood and started to try and write. The first few letters scrunched up his face and he wiped Leif's palm, like wiping the slate clean to start again. Instead of squeezing, he patted the palm when he finished a word. Just a little pat pat.

I pat-pat D-O-N-T pat-pat K-N-O-W pat-pat W-H-A-T pat-pat W-A-N-T pat pat.

Wuffle.

For the first time this week, Four thought she was finally onto something here. Her face levelled as she took her sights in. She expected to find other people inside, needles scattered along the floor, used syringes, and the works. She didn’t expect it to be… This. Like a scene from a drama? She didn’t know, she hadn’t the time to spend on entertainment.

Instantly, she could sense something was wrong. It was already wrong anyway, but the people--if they could be called people, felt wrong. The sight of blood didn’t escape her.

The door swung close, she immediately blocked it with her foot. “Excuse me.” Wincing as she blocked the door with her foot. Yet another reason why she should’ve worn according to the occasion. Four quickly cleared her throat, there was at least three other people, all men it seemed, and not lacking intimidation. They all looked out of place, the blonde screamed alien.

She stared hard for a couple of seconds, then, “Seems ordinary.” She said, “Are you fellows in trouble with the law?”

Leif observed Chase's first attempts at spelling the words attentively, and the smile was wide when the letters finally started making sense. He was about to start spelling an answer when the newcomer spoke again, and not to answer his question. Sigh.

"Not that I'm aware of." He glanced at her, a bit of impatience mixed with confusion at her question seeping in. Well, he wasn't aware of any laws forbidding one to drink someone else's blood. "Person out there might be, though. What did they look like?"

Again, he didn't stare at her long, and started drawing on Chase's palm.

F-R-E-E. Squeeze. Y-O-U. Longer squeeze.

Perhaps he should withdraw from asking specific questions at first and start by allowing Chase to write anything he might need or have to say.

B-R-I-N-G. Squeeze. Y-O-U. Squeeze. B-A-C-K.

Chase held onto Leif's hand with both of his in a response. It was a tight hold, desperation seeping out of every little twitch in that squeeze and the wuffles that followed. He was fighting against emotion, that much was plainly written on his face, and in those eyes.

Meanwhile, Levi was doing that growling thing again, as he pointedly stared at the foot in his door, keeping him from closing it. He was toying with the idea of just slamming it again and again until the woman moved her foot out of his way.

The idea was growing on him.

A brow quirked, "A tacky shirt with a unicorn," She paused, debating if this was worth involving her elf ass in. "Brown hair, went that aways." She jabbed a thumb over a shoulder.

Another growl from tiny, she moved her foot barely, taken aback. "Alright, Gimli, sorry for being a concerned citizen." She muttered, then glanced curiously at the pair. Muffled sounds coming from the one being held. "I'll be on my way then." No, not worth it. Whatever it was. She pulled her foot back and let the man close the door. Already contemplating the tedious back and forth between the reception at Shell-rock as she spun on her heel.

"Should we... find him?" Was the first thing Leif asked Levi after debating for a second whether to use the verb 'find' or 'get', eyes saying he knew just who'd been peeking inside.

Then, just as his attentiom was moving back to Chase, it occurred him just how strange it was for that elf to stop Levi from closing the door after warning him of Tucker outside. Most would be satisfied with letting the house owner know, then moving on. But she, she was so interested as to stop Levi from closing his own door on her.

"Who're you?" He asked out loud before she left, hoping Levi wouldn't flip out and would start considering that same detail.

A sharp gaze would've remained on the elven woman if Leif hadn't felt Chase's hands tightening the grip around his own. The message was clear, clearer than any words he could've written as an answer.

A hand tightened around one of his wrists reassuringly, then briefly moved to be placed on the side of his face, thumb making a small circle brushing against his skin.

It was hard seeing Chase like that, but every inch of progress made Leif more certain he'd figire something out. They would.

When Chase loosened his grip, he started spelling again.

K-E-E-P. Squeeze. S-T-R-O-N-G.

Levi was about to close the door, but Leif's question had him hesitating. The scowl had only grown deeper when the description of who was peeping was given, and the urge to sequester was stronger. He gruffed out, "Get in." And providing the woman did enter after all, he'd close the door behind and lock it tight.

Chase wuffled, and eventually did loose the two handed grip on Leif's wrist. He started to write, but messed up and did the wipe the slate clean again before getting through the words.

N-E-E-D pat-pat F-I-N-D pat-pat D-O-L-L pat-pat.

She stopped mid-step, realizing the possibility of a backstab rising every second. Four turned around again, stepping into the house as the door closed behind her. They didn't seem to be fond of the man she'd described, or at least the short one didn't. Fuck. She's stepped into a veritable pile of shit now.

"Dominique Fournier, Harper Industries auditor." She answered, crinkling her nose in distaste at the sight of blood, she pieced the clues together and came to a quiet conclusion. Her eyes darted to the one in the chair and then the one being held. A ritual perhaps. "Never had one of you invite me into a house before. It's usually the other way around."

She licked her lips, circling a small area as she tried to find exits in case shit hit the fan. "Mind telling me what's going on here?"

Chase's answer seized all of his focus, and Leif barely registered the stranger stepping into the house, and Levi closing the door behind her. He started writing an answer right away.

W-H-E-R-E-?

He did listen to the woman's introduction, though he didn't immediately look up at her while he was still writing. Harper Industries rang a bell, but her name didn't. It was what she said afterwards that earned her his gaze, and he had to bite back a reply. He hadn't invited her in, Levi had. But then again, maybe she thought Levi was also a vampire.

"And you walked in?" Eyebrows raised, he really was surprised she walked in so easily. Their reputation had to be really tarnished by pop culture. Then he had to chuckle at the invitation only myth. Levi had already locked the door, so not like his words could make her just bolt outside anyway.

Leif mostly wanted to know whether it was safe to let her walk free after witnessing what she did, an unanswered question that grew even more urgent when it became clear she knew what'd happened and any bullshit medical excuses probably wouldn't cut it. Great. But he also had the impression Levi wasn't the type that'd recommend or be comfortable with disposing of someone.

Eyes sought Levi, trying to read him as he pondered, then moved back to Dominique.

"I could, if I knew..." he mumbled, attention turning back to Chase. "I guess you could call it some sort of medical procedure?" Eyes moved between all of those present as he pondered how much else he should say. Levi and Edwin just had to know Chase was responding, but just how much could he say in front of her? While she was conscious, that is.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 
Last edited:

Rhyme

Authentic Garbage
Indy

Location: lowkey wanna murder highkey wanna eat (Discord Compilation)
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Silver- Silver- Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje felt as if her eye just twitched at Beth's words. "Jaded? The fuck is that supposed to mean?" it felt almost like an insult, but she wasnt so sure. On top of that, she spoke as if Indy was the golden child. In fact, it almost seemed that she was the favorite of the two. Ohoho. I'm so glad I was raised without her. she thought as the sound of Silver behind her made her turn. No longer in the clothes she once had, but actually in a robe. At least she seemed more relaxed, but the sounds of gurgling from her stomach was quite obvious. Her attention shifted back to Beth "I don't really-" she paused and gritted her teeth. She could recall seeing her father's name in her calls oh brother. "Silver, what would you like to do?" she asked nicely, meanwhile the melody continued within her mind.

“She probably means you’ve been distant.” Silver shuffled across the room, casting wary looks at Beth even when the motherly woman addressed her again. She was talking as if she hadn’t tried to bite her arm off less than an hour ago. It was.. odd. After pondering in place, Silver finally decided to tuck her dirty clothes in the corner between the foot of the small chest that had the TV and the wall. Her stomach was gurgling audibly but her expression didn’t betray her as obviously as she took a seat on the bed by Indy’s pile of clothes. The idea of going to the Loving Spoon seemed far better than staying in a motel room that was steadily raising the hairs on her neck at the idea of being left alone, but at the same time she wondered if Beth was going to stay. “I don’t really have any other clothes to go out with,” she murmured honestly, tilting her head at the round pendant beneath the folds of clothes next to her. “Room service might be better, if that’s a thing we can afford.” Heat radiated from the thing to Silver’s surprise, her hand hovering over it before lightly grazing the smooth object.

Roje was both not okay with staying, but also okay with staying. She'd be 100% fine with staying if Beth wasnt here, and leaving wasn't an option. In fact, she didn't trust 'mother' over here with Silver and Indy "Pfft. After you've been raised by a drunk of a father and a mother who abandoned you, you kinda get that way." though that was more toward Silver than it was Beth. "Sorry Strawberry Shortcake, but you really don't wanna know what we've all been through." it was a quick glance toward her before directing her gaze at the wolf "We can get food brought here. We'll find a way to pay back if we gotta pay it."

Beth sputtered a bit when the cat in her arms started to struggle and wanted out. She pouted a bit, but did move to set Indy the kitty on the floor. She cooed at Indy, "Case of the zoomies now?" And she tugged more on the loose thread along a sleeve, swishing it this way and that, flicking it quickly to get the cat's attention.

Silver nodded at Roje, muttering an apology right after. “I’ve never been to a hotel?” She screwed up her face in thought, though her attention snapped over to Indy whom was staring at Beth quite hard. “..motel..? Before. Getting out of the house without parental supervision is new to me.”

The way Indy was struggling was making her wolf’s hackles rise. She could feel it in the way heat was lancing down her spine, itching for attention. Beth took the rejection with ease though attempted to distract Indy right after which had Silver pulling away from the warm lull of the pendant to carefully squatting a foot or two away from Beth. When Indy hissed, words had come out of her, and by the way Roje wasn’t making a beeline for the cat, she assumed they couldn’t understand anything other than Indy not wanting to be held any longer. Like a typical cat.

“Indy.. I’m sorry about earlier. Will you come here?” Silver decided to keep the ability to herself out of wariness for the woman perched in the chair. She could feel something was wrong—not that it had been okay before, but that whatever it was starting to come out of the darker crevices in the room.

Roje noticed Indy squirming about out of Beth's arms until she finally got free I feel you, Indy. I wouldn't wanna be in her arms either her eyes remained on Silver and she shook her head "Don't worry about it, Silv." it didnt take long for her to get down a little bit to basically call Indy over. At the moment, the Vampire really had nothing to say and was just observing for the time being.

"Silv". Silver turned her head briefly to look at Roje with an expression of incredulity before she seemed to relax a bit, her normally stony or fearsome exterior seeming to crack a little as her face softened a bit. "Thank you." The words left her almost too quietly but they maintained their genuine warmth directed towards the vampire. She beckoned the Indy once more, holding her hand out this time and keeping it low so as to not startle her.

This fucking string, ignore the fucking string. Indy wrinkled her nose, focusing on looking anywhere but the enticing dangling thread Beth bobbed above her as she took a few tentative steps. She glanced back at Beth, whiskers twitching, before glancing at Roje and Silver. She had been too stressed before to notice, yet now--even as a human--she seemed to be able to read Silver's body language better than any verbal exchange they had up to this point. She was apologetic, ashamed--Indy could see it in the way her shoulders were tilted forward, the look in her eyes as she kept a gentle hand open to Indy.

Indy calmly walked over, flicking her tail once she reached Silver. I'm sorry.





coded by: @s e v e n


 

BillieRoss

New Member
Bill
Location:
Outside the Clinic
With: N/A

Bill was chewing on the end of her thumbnail, tapping her foot impatiently, waiting for Wiri to be finished with whatever he was in the middle of. It'd been a relief when he'd not seemed too concerned about what she'd brought back, but there was still something gnawing at her. Maybe she was just still mad at herself for not thinking before she dragged some mysterious item from the forest into her home, where anything could set them loose, burrowing into the dirt between her floorboards and nesting in her clothes. Gross.

At least the cat was in its carrier.

She tried to think what the things could have been - fae seemed kind of unlikely, given the metal and relative straight-forward nature of the "trick". The stories she'd been raised on put much more emphasis on the trickster nature of the fae; the contracts, the wordplay, the tricking people out of their stuff. Maybe New Zealand fae were more straight shooters. It could've been something infernal, but she seriously doubted it. She'd lived in five other countries before this, and hadn't ever run into anything particularly divine or hellish. She was starting to think it was a myth. Maybe they were just weird bugs. Weird, weird bugs. Trapped in a locked safe and wrapped in a scarf.

Yeah, right.

She tamped down on the urge to obnoxiously slam on the hood of the car and loudly ask Wiri what was keeping him. If anyone herd she'd need to give the whole long explanation, and it wasn't the kind of thing she wanted being spread around.
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Room Service

Beth was quiet and reserved, hands folded primly in her lap as she watched and allowed Indy to walk toward Silver. Though, with the decision made to get room service, she lightly thwapped her lap with her hands, moving to stand up. "I will let Seraphim know. She'll likely send up the menu and can phone in the order. Tilly will likely have Miranda or someone else deliver once it's ready. You should have meal vouchers for checking in?"

Beth's eyebrows lifted as she waited for some type of acknowledgement before nodding her head and moving to the door. "Good! Then you don't have to pay anything. You can relax, get some food so everyone is less hangry..." She gave a little smile toward Roje and Silver before continuing. "And we can reconvene tomorrow? Not early, heavens no. Maybe... brunch? There's a dee-lightful place along the docks setup for some outdoor dining. Fantastic view, and shouldn't be too chilly. I'll uh.. ring your room? Yes, that should do."

"Rest well, make sure Indy gets plenty of water and a warm blanket snuggle. She tends to recover faster the more she can catnap." Another smile, and pause as she looked toward each of the occupants before turning to head out the door. "See you tomorrow, dearies!" Complete with a finger wave, and then she pulled the door closed behind.





OOC Information

Roje & Silver Britt-21 Britt-21 Silver- Silver- : With Beth's departure, some of the tension bleeds out of the room with her. Almost like she was holding something back, or something in, while bidding goodbye, she didn't want to leave, but seemed satisfied Indy would be taken care of.

Indy Rhyme Rhyme : There's a sense of loss as you walk away from Beth, and the warm cuddling. However, there's also a sense of freedom as you walk toward Silver. At least, until the coin begins to call to you again. It's there, anyone could grab it, claim it, whisk it away from you. And the loss of the coin would be a hundred times the loss you feel as Beth left the room and closed the door behind her.

All : About five minutes after Beth leaves, there will be a knock on your door, and the menu spied earlier at the desk is pushed underneath the door. There's also a number for the front desk to call in your order.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Trendy Meeting Place

Must be evening, not quite the dinner 'rush' yet, but it seemed the cafe was going to be busy again before too much longer. Miranda greeted Augie with a smile as she tucked a strand of hair behind an ear. Then she greeted Boy with a good head pat or two and a verbal, "Hello, Boy!" A moment later, she sighed, "Now I have to wash my hands again!" A bit of a chuckle, and she passed Bernard a menu along the way to go wash up before handling food.

Tilly nodded at Bernard, setting down his order in front of him. It was followed by a clicking of her tongue in a goodnatured way after waving to Augie and seeing Boy. "Och! I should inves' inna pet cafe!" She laughed heartily. Miranda grinned wide in agreement. "A'righ' loverlies. If'n yer 'ere fer dinner, it ain't ready yet. But... we can whip somethin' up if'n yer hungry now. Jus' lemme know. Ya'll should know the regular food by now. And if'n ya don't? Ye need ta sit yer arses 'ere more often!"

She was in a good mood, and it showed. And it was also clear she didn't consider Bernard's order of oatmeal anything close to being a real meal.





OOC Information

Riley KodakWolf KodakWolf : Augie keeps one hand either close to you, or petting you like usual. His way of offering comfort in a place he knows would be full of so many smells. Speaking of smells, there's a lot going on in here, and not a single one of them are simply human.

Aódh & Jay Larry Larry xAlter xAlter : Aódh, the hair on your arms wants to raise slightly, like pre-goosebumps as far as sensation goes. There's a lot of smells you're getting too, but damn hard to sort out from the food in the confined space of the cafe. And Jay, your spirit companions can tell Bernard isn't someone you've seen around just yet, but they can't pin down anything to give you better insight. Not without getting closer, and between the wet dog, and the actual dog who smells like something not like an actual dog, it's going to be overwhelming sooner than later.

Bernard Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian : The whole room is tingling, and there's a brief moment when Tilly touches the back of your hand after setting down the food. A moment where you feel a strong jolt of electricity, not painful, but quite obvious all the same. She levels you with a small look and motherly smile before giving a small wink and moving on to give her not yet dinner spiel.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Shenanigans or Hijinks

The blood was pretty hard to miss. There was more than a nosebleed, and in the wrong location for a nose bleed, but less than a murder scene. Chase's blue eyes never focused on anything, or anyone, and didn't seem to register Four entering the house, or the door being closed. Instead, there seemed to be attention on what Leif was writing on his palm, and Chase's answer being 'written' back.

D-O-N-T pat-pat K-N-O-W pat-pat. There was a low whine that came from the dark haired man in the chair, and it looked like he was having trouble catching his breath. One hand left Leif's to press against the middle of his chest, hands splayed out. His face scrunched up, and reflected the effort it was suddenly taking just to breathe.

Levi had finally noticed what was going on between the two, and stepped a bit closer, though pointedly out of arm's reach. "What're ya doin'?" He made a gesture, a wriggling of his fingers in an attempt to mimic what he saw to emphasize what he was actually asking about. Well, until Chase had difficulty breathing, then he moved to the still closed door on the side of the hallway. It revealed a small bathroom and he came out with a jar of vapor rub, thrusting it toward Leif before stepping back out of arm's reach again. "Hold it under his nose."





OOC Information

Edwight @Thropian : There's a sudden rattling against the window, no, all the windows. It thrums like something or someone was pounding to be let in. Yet, it seems like only you can hear it, feel it vibrating through the house.

Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf : It looks like Chase is having problems just getting in a deep breath, and if you place a hand over his chest, it would feel warmer than usual, than what would be normal. Also, please roll a d20 and include it in the next post/compilation.

Four @Maeteris : With the dark haired man's struggle to breathe, attention seems to shift away from you. This gives you a better chance to look around. You can tell someone has been using the couch as a bed. The boxes visible through the open door at the end of the hall were recently dragged out based on the marks along the carpet. There are no other doors, and all of the windows have blackout curtains that are also clipped closed in the middle with clothespins. Also, please roll a d20 and include it in your next post/compilation.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Safe House

The basket waiting for Hatsu's return sits neatly on a small table. Yet the weight of the safe the man carried seemed to grow heavy with anticipation of what might be inside. It had come from the house Hatus bought, a house previously owned by someone who had turned up dead months later. A house that caught fire with an undetermined source as of yet. A house Hatsu had placed more than few bets on moving into sooner rather than later.

The only problem would be how to open a safe when one doesn't have the key. Checking the safe would prove it was indeed, locked up tight. It didn't appear to be easily jimmied. And if one attempted to pry it open with force, there was a real danger of possibly damaging whatever was inside. It was shaping up to be quite the quandary.

Until Hatsu's eyes settled on something else on the table beside the basket of goodies. Something that caught the light just right, and the something was a ring of keys. There was a paper tag with writing attached to it. One side bore Hatsu's name and room number, and on the other a simple note.

Forgot to give you these.

Angelo





OOC Information

Hatsu silverwhere silverwhere : It appears someone brought up the house keys along with the gift basket while you were out, likely at the cafe post-fire. There are about five keys on the ring. Two look like they would be a house key. A third could be another house key, or some type of mailbox key. And the last two were differently shaped, round instead of flat.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Out Of Words

GM of If December Freezes
Supporter
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Unexpected Turn of Events

Wiri seemed ready to go with Bill, and even managed a response to his mother in the form of a "Yes, ma'am." Then a sound sent everything spiraling to hell in a hand basket. It was one of those sounds you don't shake for a good while, the sound of a body hitting the ground without any resistance. Wiri turned around just as someone from the clinic screamed out Marianne's name. "Ma!"

The ranger rushed to the now inert form of Marianne, lying on the ground like a puppet without its strings. Several folks rushed out of the clinic as well to assist. The woman was unconscious, without any obvious wounds or causes. They checked her over quickly for any risk to moving her, but put her on a back board and with a neck brace all the same before asking Wiri to help carry her inside.

While they were steadying the woman to go inside, Bill would feel a small tug upon her elbow, something akin to a shy child, only it wasn't a child when Bill looked. A young woman, just slightly smaller than Bill's own height, stood beside Bill. Her eyes were large and blue, with long strawberry blonde hair and she appeared to be close to Bill's own age range. She was dressed in a simple forest green dress, with no jewelry save for a sea glass pendant around her neck.

When she spoke, her words were quiet, but more from a natural way of speaking rather than someone whispering. "I can help." And that's when Bill would be able to put two and two together and come up with the source of the previous 'ambient' magic. The little unexpected boost to the spell she performed with Beatrice to help save what was left of Hatsu's house. This was the unknown factor, now known as she introduced herself.

"I'm Alyce."





OOC Information

Bill BillieRoss BillieRoss : Wiri's focus has just shifted for an undetermined amount of time, to the well being of his mother. He helps carry her inside the clinic where it can be assumed all those present and accounted for will be devoting their attention to Marianne.

As for Alyce, you can definitely feel the magic coming from her and it's a dead on match for what you sensed in the forest, and during the casting of the rain spell. And, looking back on it now, when you also cast your location spell and wound up with a rabbit friend instead.


IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds
 

Britt-21

Omniverse Explorer

Roje.png

Out Of Words Out Of Words Silver- Silver- Rhyme Rhyme

Taking a good sight in of Silver and Indy made her feel better to a degree. After all, they almost just mauled eachother in the room. She snapped her attention back to Beth who began to get up Oh finally, is she going to leave? Did she finally get the hint? the vampire thought to herself. There really wasn't any more words she wanted to exchange, so she remained quiet while she continued to play her cheerful act and massive care for Indy. After that, she finally walked out and gave the air a different atmosphere. "Fucking hell." was the first thing that came from her lips as she drew a deep breath and ran her fingers through her chocolate-brown hair. "I'll be skipping brunch with Shortcake. I got my own meeting with an old friend to find out what the hell is going on and why we gotta play games here." putting a hand on her hip, she returned her hazel gaze to the pair "Feel free to skip brunch to hang with me tomorrow but, if you wanna hang with mother-may-I then be my guest." she shrugged slightly and moved to the bed, sitting on the side near her phone.

The melody had still been in the back of her mind, but she was far more relaxed now. A short time passed as a knock was heard before a menu was slipped in. Using her hearing, she made sure the person walked away before she moved her ass off the bed and went for the menu, quickly glancing over it before moving to Silver and handing her the menu "Pick anything you want. I'll also get you something Indy, unless you know to step on the picture you want." in a way, it felt like Roje herself was being a mother to two girls she basically just met. One being her actual blood sister and the other being a random girl who got grabbed into this whole mess too. But she knew that they needed care just as she did earlier today. They kept her alive, it was time to return the favor. "You guys can eat, relax, and sleep if you want. I don't need the sleep so I can keep lookout."
 

silverwhere

Trying my best
Hatsu Black
Finally
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

As soon as he close the door he leaned against it and closed his eyes letting out a sigh. It was nice to be alone and take time to himself. He was more of an introvert then he'd like to admit and his social meter needed to be replenished before he was able to help Bill and Wiri. Hatsu didn't like Bill and he much rather stand her up and stay here. He wasn't going to do that though. He wasn't going to do what she did and leave when there was an emergency. And he wasn't going to leave all the burden on Wiri- who was probably just as done with the day. Hatsu let out another sigh before opening his eyes. Being a good person sucks. Finally, he noticed the fruit basket that was lovingly placed on his bed. Walking over he put the safe on the floor and used his foot to push it under the bed. His arms were tired from carrying it and part of him was glad that he didn't go into the woods logging it around. He opened the card to read it before putting it back on the bed to go through the basket.

It was nice that so many people were sympathetic about what happened- but he didn't really like the attention that the fire had brought. Hatsu prefered to be unnoticed and this was the opposite of unnoticed. It was only natural that people wanted to offer help and their condolences- hell, Hatsu would too if it happened to anyone else. It was nice though to know that the people of Marasong cared and were so willing to help. Hatsu knew that he'd eventually need the help (he didn't have a clue what he was doing) but the idea of the help going unpaid made him a bit sick. Hatsu had a silver spoon in his mouth the day he was born and, as he saw it, he might as well try to share the wealth. So no, the Imported Booty wouldn't be holding his stuff without pay. Nor will the inn not get their dues either. He'd have to pay the Imported Booty a visit. The fruit did remind Hatsu that he did leave his apples at the Loving Spoon; he'd have to go back and get them. He'll have to pay for the food too- he did just kinda leave. Then again he was pretty sure Tilly had his information...still better to go back after he figured out the thing with Bill.

Hatsu turned around and sat on the bed, okay he needed to figure out everything he had to do. Organize his thoughts a bit.
  • First, figure out what is up with Bill. With the way she was acting he could only assume that maybe someone had broken into her house or something. Maybe he should bring his bat? Yeah he'll do that. That or she needed something fixed like a busted pipe- but most likely Wiri would have the tools to fix most anything. So he shouldn't have to worry about that.​
  • Second, get his apples and pay Tilly.​
  • Third, go home. That's very important.​
  • Fourth, do some research into horses. Hatsu was pretty certain that horses didn't live here and if it was wild wouldn't it have a herd? He was pretty sure it was someone's pet and wasn't sure how well a horse could survive alone in the woods. So he needed to figure out if there was a campsite somewhere nearby and what to do it he even managed to catch it. And how to even catch a horse. He didn't know anything about them- hell, he could be allergic to them for all he knew. Maybe he should take his allergy medication before he tried to interact with it.​
  • Fifth, figure out how to open that safe. He was wondering what could be inside. He didn't think anything exciting would be in it, probably just personal information the previous owner had to keep safe. It was still exciting though, there was a mystery that surrounded the old man's death. If he had the time, he would open the safe right then and there- but he didn't know where the key was. During his track upstairs he took some time to examine the safe more and there really wasn't a way he could force himself in. He'll have to see if Angelo had the key.​
Hatsu sighed as he got up from the bed and went to grab his bat. He had bought it when he first moved here just incase this town was dangerous- turns out he didn't really need it. That's when the keys on the table caught his eye and he put the bat back against the wall. Reading the note, he realized that it was from Angelo and that his fifth step was going to need reworking. He had everything he needed to open the safe. Part of him was tempted to drag it back from under the bed and to go through its contents. However, he knew that it would probably start a rabbit hole of him doing more research into whatever was in the safe...if it was something important. There was a chance that it was just boring paperwork and that it wouldn't take long to go through. He bit his lip as he threw the keys onto the bed as he tried to get rid of the temptation. Hatsu had already committed to the being a good person act and helping Bill out- however no one had texted him an address yet. Who knows if he'd even be able to find out where she lived or if he'd be able to catch up to them. Maybe he'll be lucky and be able to catch a glimpse of them out the window.

Hatsu had to squint to see if what he was seeing was right, but it looked like Wiri was rushing into the clinic with an older woman on a stretcher. That wasn't a good sign. He knew that Wiri was a caring person, but something told him that this wasn't just a regular person to Wiri. Hatsu could also make out Bill standing next to someone he didn't really recognize- then again he didn't really recognize many people. Either way, Wiri was probably out for the count and there really wasn't much he could do about it. Now, he had to deal with Bill and this stranger alone. Sighing, he decided to leave the bat behind and just grab the toolbox that he had stashed under his bed. If it was an intruder he'll just swing the toolbox at it. Besides he wasn't sure if he wanted to carry around a bat- he'd look more like a crazy person if he did.

So he headed out the door, making sure to lock his room behind him, before rushing down the stairs and out the front door to catch up to Bill and her new (maybe) friend.

Hopefully, whatever this, is isn't too eventful...and it won't take too long.
 

Worthlessplebian

Worthless pleb
Bernard GreveLocation: The Lovin' Spoon!
With: Larry Larry xAlter xAlter KodakWolf KodakWolf (Aodh, Jae-un, and Riley/Boy respectively.)
Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words only mentions: Larry Larry xAlter xAlter KodakWolf KodakWolf
Credit Art by leevolt on DeviantArt
Mood: Tensions rising;

The austere gentleman sat alone on the table in the café, appearing to grow more lively by the second. While Bernard waits for his order, his fingers idly tapped against the table in a rhythmic fashion. He'd taken note of the various inhabitants of Marasong, none which evidently caught his eye. Then Bernard's eyes widened as he saw a dog as black as coal in this bistro. He accompanied a man who Bernard has seen around town, he believes that the man's name was Augie. Of note was his apparent obsession with seashells. Bernard's radical physiological transformation into an electric vampire had granted him several abilities. Such as channelling electricity through his hands, magnetising his body, and chiefly, electro-magnetoreception. In essence, Bernard can detect the natural occurrence of bioelectricity in a radius around him. That is the electro part, the magnetic part allows him to orient himself like the avians in the air using Earth's magnetic field. In this case, the important quality is the former. When the dog passed by him, Bernard detected an odd bioelectric current. It certainly belonged to a dog but had foreign elements. Normally, Bernard would write off this oddity as there are several diseases that alter a human's and animal's nervous system which could change the current. However, the Dane decided to keep an eye on that canine as well. Unaware that he was close to another canine as well, one who walked on two legs and talked like a man.

Finally, Bernard's meal arrived. "Thank you, Tilly" He gave his appreciation—Thankfully, he was good with names and details. Yet as he reached for the spoon so he can enjoy the finely made oatmeal, the back of his hand met hers. Instantly, the electrovore felt an unexpected jolt that coursed through his system. Certainly, he was caught off-guard but he mustn't betray himself and react hastily. The man did not know if Tilly also encountered the same reaction, she did meet his eyes and gave him a motherly smile. Thinking on his feet, Bernard returned an appreciative smirk.

This might have been a test or a prod for information against Bernard. He would have to be more vigilant against these types of things in the future. Then the Dane shot the pale man and the Asian fellow a brief look before swinging his head back to eat his oatmeal.
 
Last edited:

Rhyme

Authentic Garbage
Indy

Location: CATS the meowsical
Tags: Silver- Silver- Britt-21 Britt-21

Indy felt Beth's absence like the warmth draining from a cooling bath, slow and biting. She nearly turned to follow, limbs acting of their own accord before she purposely planted them against the floorboards. It felt strangely exhilarating, now that all had slightly settled. Being in this form without Beth dissolving into panic, to coexist with both halves of herself.

Could it have been like this all along?

From the bed, where her clothes lay discarded, a familiar whisper pulled her. Indy's whiskers twitched, her ear flicking as she realized what lay forgotten there. Her treasure. The coin. She tried to ease up, casually strolling up to the bed as she jumped onto and under the clothes, rooting about until she managed to loop the string of the pouch holding the coin around her neck. She rolled onto her back, trying desperately with her paws to tighten the cord so it wouldn't slip from her neck. Fucking thumbs.

As Roje mentioned food Indy bobbed her head back out from under the edge of her t-shirt. She sniffed, then ducked back underneath the clothes. A piece of herself was completely disconnected, the ribbon tying herself to humanity snapped, lost in the wind as she tried to grasp for it with blind eyes. There was no chance she would be shifting back any time soon.

Then again, if her father was still around in this universe, maybe magic could work twice. If she could find him, he might be able to get her out of this mess--again. She ducked out of the clothes, eyeing the tall window. With one determined leap, she managed to slam into the glass and bounce back, scratching wildly at the frame and she managed to recover and pull herself back onto the windowsill. Turns out cats weren't naturally graceful after all. Embarrassed, she refused to look at Roje and Silver--opting instead to run an indignant paw over her ears as she watched out the window for any familiar faces.




coded by: @s e v e n


 

Larry

Your resident on-and-off bibliomaniac!
Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol
Location: The Loving Spoon.
Mood: Alert, but not sure to what.
Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words
Mentions: KodakWolf KodakWolf | BillieRoss BillieRoss | Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | silverwhere silverwhere | xAlter xAlter
The gap that was left when Wiri and Bill exited the establishment was quickly filled by Augie and Boy, and a certain man that the youth had not seen before; though, his list of Marasong's residents wasn't too extensive, as it stood from a day's stay in the town. Regardless, the Irishman was happy that some life had been breathed back into the café, given the frantic state Bill had arrived in, prompting Hatsu to leave the building in order to find some reprieve from the chaos of the day. Jay seemed like a decent fellow, but the conversation seemed to ring out through the rest of the building, so the ambience of other people eating and talking was seen as a welcome buffer by the tourist. Tilly, in that ever-effervescent manner of her's, whirled about the place inquiring did himself or Jay require anything else, before dinner-time revolved around. Aódh politely declined, stating further that the wait would do him some good, allowing time for the food he engorged to digest.

"I can get a bit ahead of myself when I'm eating, unfortunately," he admitted, a guilty laugh exiting his throat, "But I'll be looking forward to seeing what you'll be serving. I take it we'll have a few more people joining us as well?"

Then, all of a sudden, against the irenic mood of the café, a stimulus rang throughout his body, rapting his attention; the hair on his arms bristled at the sensations coursing through his nervous system.

At least this time, it isn't coming from me, the youth astutely observed.

The young man, utilising his enhanced senses, focused on the assortment of smells that wafted throughout the café. The problem was, that the scents seemed to only individuate for the briefest of moments, before being subsumed under the piquant, alluring smell of food being freshly cooked in the back of the building. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to portend something pernicious, at least not in a manner perceptible to Aódh, outside of the hairs on the his arms standing stiffly. Could it have something to do with the trio that just entered the building, adding in Jay, who arrived before them? The youth dismissed at least part of that possibility out of hand, namely when it concerned Augie and Boy. He had met the two of them that very morning, and, aside from the lightbulbs shattering, nothing about the pair seemed to have set him off.

That left the other man and Jay.

Aside from the odd look he sent their way, the man seemed, thankfully, fairly normal. Jay, aside from the fact that he too, like Augie, had a penchant for bringing animals into the café, came across as a placid, if not quirky, individual.

It perturbed Aódh, that Marasong seemed to throw another question in front of him but, as long as it didn't render him a sobbing mess, he could take his time in solving it.

For now, until gleanable evidence became available, he'd sit here, content in the thought of dinner coming down the line.

It was that simple, and hopefully nothing would disturb that one request.



FC source:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

  • Sub Genres:
    1. Action
    2. Adventure
    3. Mystery
    4. Realistic
    5. Supernatural
Replies
8
Views
195
  • Sub Genres:
    1. Action
    2. Adventure
    3. Cyberpunk
    4. Dystopian
    5. Realistic
Replies
3
Views
195
  • Sub Genres:
    1. Action
    2. Adventure
    3. Anime
    4. Meta
    5. Multiverse
    6. Super Powers
    7. Supernatural
Replies
20
Views
290
  • Sub Genres:
    1. Action
    2. Adventure
    3. AU
    4. Magical
    5. Mystery
    6. Platonic
    7. Romance
    8. School
    9. Slice of Life
    10. Super Powers
    11. Supernatural
Replies
11
Views
254
Top