Other Ideas You'd Like to Roleplay But Can't Make Yourself

KodomoSekai

Dead account
There are a lot of roleplays I have had ideas and active interest for in the past that I thought were pretty good ideas, but I simply didn't have the time or energy to put into action. I'm usually a really busy person, and a recent bout of writer's block hasn't helped much. I'm sure other people have had ideas like that too, roleplays they've wanted to be in, but haven't wanted to actually make themselves. Though I'm not sure if anyone else would like to share them, I would like to be able to. Maybe someone with more resources will look at one of those ideas and get inspired to make an active roleplay with that concept that the rest of us could potentially join and enjoy. So to get the ball rolling, here's an idea I'd love to join a roleplay for but am unable to make myself. (If anyone makes something even remotely similar to it regardless of if they've seen this thread or not please tag me I would love to join.)

The Idea
What if there was a team of adventurers in a D&D sort of setting that were just failures, and I mean hardcore failures. Like they are completely incompetent at their jobs. The fighter who's afraid of fighting, a wizard who's best magic is literally just making bubbles, the team's leader is a baby- You get the gist. They were hired by accident but the person who hired them can't get rid of them anymore, so they have to make due with the absolutely horrendous team they got. The entire roleplay is centered around their various misadventures in the various lands. Bonus points if the team is completely dysfunctional together, like that one band that you just know will break up in a blaze of- not necessarily 'glory' but they will definitely need some spectacular word to describe the way they blow up.

I was typing up a more lengthy post, going more into detail into what those ideas were...but then I realised I still have some ambition left to try and run some of those ideas eventually, even if I have to make them slow-paced or have to be/find a co-GM. So I erased everything, and will just list them briefly instead. Some aspects of them could be mixed together, since the fandoms I'm about to mention have similarities.

Those fandoms would be Gantz, Devil Survivor, Persona, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bokurano, and Accel World. When I see ideas that have something in common with any of these, I'm interested. I'd take being a co-GM, or even just a player if I thought the RP was well-thought enough. Just...my pessimism would speak very loudly in those cases, which is why I'd prefer to be the GM for those RPs.

They're not the only settings I'm interested in, obviously, but most of the others I'd prefer to just read up on the story instead of participating, for example a Sengoku period one. And it helps that the ones I listed could go really well in a mixed setting, so it's an even stronger...bond or something. So yeah, would be fun to see one of these happening...but we'll see.

I only like 1x1 RPs rather than groups, but I’m still nervous about plots a lot of the time. Honestly, rather than being nervous to execute the ideas myself, I’m just nervous about presenting them to people. My most common worry is that people will hate my OCs and not want to RP with them. This really prevents me from presenting the story ideas I have...

I also worry about someone taking my RP ideas in a direction I hate. I try to be open minded and roll with things, because RP being a collaborative effort is fun and all, but I’ve had bad experiences in the past with my RP partners taking things in a direction I deeply disliked... despite the fact I’ve specifically listed what I dislike and don’t want to do.

I have two world spanning epics floating in my head that could easily be encyclopedia sized novels (not the best written though lol) and both worlds are conducive to RP experiences. But expecting that type of thing to work on Rpn, where getting through a week in character happens once a year, is impossible, so I've never tried it.

Last edited:
Heh, I just made a thread like this! Didn't even notice it! But I have a few, all of them I actually named on my thread. Right now, I really want to do an Office-esque comedy slice-of-life about the employees of a failing/upstart Ren Faire. Basically them bickering, working this asses off, failing, etc.

I had this werd and incredibly stupid idea recently about a city with a dimensional rift in the middle, where one side is western live-action, the other is anime, and both are subject to their respective tropes. The two sides of the city ignore each other for the most part, but then a giant all-grades school is built in the middle of the city and the groups have to learn to coexist.

I had this werd and incredibly stupid idea recently about a city with a dimensional rift in the middle, where one side is western live-action, the other is anime, and both are subject to their respective tropes. The two sides of the city ignore each other for the most part, but then a giant all-grades school is built in the middle of the city and the groups have to learn to coexist.
This sounds a lot like Anime Crimes Division lol
Not exactly like it (the whole thing is live action), but your idea really reminded me of it haha

I've recently gone back to svtfoe and I've had a lot of ideas about an rp based off of it, like a less lewd monster musume where a kid ends up being the host family to a bunch of extradimensional teens that have the hots for them and go on wacky adventures, or some sort of interdimensional school for royalty.

The only problem (other than me not being able to GM) is that nobody on this forum does western animation tropes, and it would inevitably become another fantasy sandbox without them.

Right now I have a lot of ideas buzzing through my head, a couple reboots and whatnot, but a completely new idea was either for a 1x1 or with a group, but a RP with tiny humanoid, people or non-humanoid, going through the adventures they’d have to do to survive among a world of giants (humans and of course any other animal that would be bigger than them) something like that. But that and other ideas would need me to leave my self imposed hiatus from the site, which I set because I needed to get my life back on track with college and whatnot.

I feel I am getting there but need a bit more time. Which is why at the very least I have one little thing happening which is a casual thing, nothing too crazy.

I just want a Homestuck RP but I don’t know heads or tails on how to GM, so that’s something I’d say fits this topic :P

A big science fiction faction-based RP. I've got the connections; people ready, willing, able and interested to participate but between school and dealing with my parent's divorce I don't have the time to run it.

A murder mystery group rp where one of the player characters would be the culprit but no one would know which character that is and the rp would consist of investigating and trying to figure that out.
I don't think I can pull it off myself, it is hard to organize because GM presence should be quite heavy to keep it going and I'm not sure the 'designated culprit' can not give it away too early, since the player should know their character is the one.
If someone manages to pull it off I'd be happy to read the result.

A murder mystery group rp where one of the player characters would be the culprit but no one would know which character that is and the rp would consist of investigating and trying to figure that out.
I don't think I can pull it off myself, it is hard to organize because GM presence should be quite heavy to keep it going and I'm not sure the 'designated culprit' can not give it away too early, since the player should know their character is the one.
Dang that would be awesome. If it wasn't too stressful, it might actually get me interested in groups again.

Sounds intriguing. I’ll consider this idea once I come back from my hiatus.

I know a game that's like that, it has different modes too, the problem is inactivity but hopefully that could be fixed with interest from here. It's in real time and involves some gameplay though, so it might not be a forum RPer's cup of tea, but I'd still recommend people interested in the murder mystery genre to try it out. You could just make rules to make the gameplay part much more simplified/less relevant too, or extend the duration by a lot so it technically could go on for days in a more forum-like format, if you want. Don't want to derail this topic, so just send a DM my way if you want more information.

I've actually always wanted to make this large dark fantasy world group RP. It would be a very combat based one, lots of violence and such with a adversaries, but not exactly villains and a lot of choices that force you to decide what is the lesser evil or if there even is one. I have always wanted to host an RP like that, but I think everyone would get too upset with my sporatic schedule at the moment and it is hard to find a dedicated group, so while I am too busy for the 1x1 Rps I already have going, I should probably not do that haha

But this summer, I might try to get it off the ground

I've had this idea flouting around for a while, but it's been too odd to present to anyone.

My character is a princess in a medieval/fantasy realm (typical, I know) but due to .... (I hadn't figured that part out yet) she gets trapped in a parallel world, where everyone is the same, but the opposite.

Her counterpart is a prince (and depending on what their character wants to be like depends on what mine is like too, as she has to be the opposite, to start with at least).

She doesn't realise she's in a parallel universe when she wakes up in it, so immediately strolls straight into the castle before she gets stopped, as no one knows who she is. She gets thrown in the dungeons and the Prince has to visit her to debate what should be done. (Neither of them realise that they are each others counterparts until later on.)

After a while, they start to care for each other, still not knowing but after a while they figure out they are dating themselves, and they have to try and cope with that.

A weird idea I know.

A big science fiction faction-based RP. I've got the connections; people ready, willing, able and interested to participate but between school and dealing with my parent's divorce I don't have the time to run it.

Sounds interesting! Care to elaborate?

This is highly relatable but not for lack of time but for lack of interest coming from others for what it is I want to RP. I've always badly wanted to participate in a hyper-literate WarHammer 40000 roleplay, whether in the form of a 1x1 or group RP. That said, it's uncommon to find people who thoroughly enjoy WarHammer 40000, and even LESS common to find someone who isn't into the Space Marines and related factions of higher popularity.

The truth is, after having read Andy Chamber's 'Path of the Dark Eldar' trilogy, I've always wanted to make or join a WH40K RP concerning the Dark Eldar, set in their city of Commoragh. Something gritty following the lives of warring Kabals and their Archons, or between Archon and Incubus, or Archon and Harlequin. But considering they're a minority faction.... I gave up on this sparkling ideal long before I ever bothered to search for someone like-minded. It's simply too obscure a concept. ;n;

I have an entire universe established for a dystopian RP I've been trying to successfully run for years. Either I just suck at GMing or it's not as great of an idea as I like to think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back