Anime & Manga Idea Offers Anime Suggestions

1) Do you want something that is airing or somehting that is finished? No preference.

2) Any information about what you generally like that I should know? I enjoy romance, science fiction, mecha, pleasing animation that is beautiful to look at (points if you can say "ah, now that is my aesthetic" when looking at the animation)

3) Any specifics that you are looking for in what you want to see in the recommendations? Nothing with classic anime dude protagonists please!

Alright, I know I'm still missing a few. If I have an opportunity to while on my trip, I'll get to your recommendations, but I can't guarantee it, but by monday at most I'll get working on delivering the remainign recommendations.

1) I would prefer something that is finished airing, and doesn't have a 'read the manga' ending. That's an ending like Berserk, Akatsuki no Yona or No Game No Life where you have to read the manga to find out what happens at the end, instead of something like Death Note or Code Geass which finishes the story within the Anime.

2) I love political Anime (e.g. Code Geass), and as long as there is a political theme I don't care what other genres the Anime falls into. I enjoyed Psycho Pass because of its dystopian world and the fact that the 'villain' was trying to fix the world, because I love villains or antihero characters that are trying to fix a corrupted world.

3) It's difficult for me to find another Anime with a strong plot AND a good main character/characters. For example, Yona of the Dawn was focused on the 'good guys' (and still, no season 2 to finish the story), but I would've rather had Soo-Won as the main character because he was trying to fix the kingdom's problems by taking over, whereas the previous king had let it fall into ruin and allow his corrupted generals and court officials to mess with the kingdom's finances, stealing some for themselves because the previous king was TOO KIND. In The Count of Monte Cristo (Anime), there was a useless main character, but still, it was interesting because the 'villain' was after revenge, and he was in basically every episode, and almost everything that happened in the Anime was a result of his planning, so I didn't mind too much. I've already watched a ton of political Anime, so if you recommend one, I'll tell you if I've watched it or not (I don't want to create a long list). I also love Anime, whether political or not, that show things from different characters' perspectives, like Baccano, Fate/Zero, or Durarara. But most of all, I love Anime with anti-hero or villain main characters, like Hellsing, Black Lagoon, Zankyou no Terror, Death Note, Code Geass, Youjo Senki, Elfen Lied, 91 Days, Madoka Magica, and Psycho Pass. 'Evil' main characters are my favorite thing in Anime.

What would you recommend someone who tends to avoid anime? I can name a handful of shows I really enjoyed that might give you a better impression of what I like, but yeah--

1) Completed series only!
2) I enjoyed: Kuragehime, Hunter x Hunter, Yuru Camp, BNHA.
3) I'm not a fan of tragic stuff - like Wolf's Rain - so it'd be nice to find more light-hearted things.

1) Do you want something that is airing or something that is finished?

Something that's finished please, or has about 100 episodes. Why? Binge watching.

2) Any information about what you generally like that I should know?

Fantasy, stuff like Black Clover & Jojo, Sci-Fi, and a bit of whatever-genre-Overlord-is

3) Any specifics that you are looking for in what you want to see in the recommendations?

NOPE! just give me material to work with.

along with this, i only got crunchyrollio to work with. i'm sorry lmao

Apologies for the delay everyone. With everything that piled up during the summer it got hard to get to everyone. So at this point just to avoid any future delays, I'll recommend some to the melancholist the melancholist and any others who might still be interested, though I do entirely understand if you aren't.

along with this, i only got crunchyrollio to work with
I wouldn't know what's in crunchyroll or not I'm afraid, so I can't guarantee anything I recommend will be.

I went mostly by the length criteria and the general 'feel' I got from the shows you brought up in my recommendations. You were quite a bit vague on what you wanted, which makes it harder to pick a few.

Recommentions:

Boku No Hero Academia- Super popular, modern and excellent shonen anime, you probably already watch it, but since you didn't mention it I'm recommending it to you because it really seems to fit your tastes.

Code Geass- Two seasons, definitely ended and boy what a finale. It's also a great anime throughout reaching a bunch of genres from political intrigue to drama to mecha and even fantasy, and but does manage to blend them all in in a pretty well-thought out manner, and the plot is absolutely iconic.

Fate Franchise- seasons are self-contained, and though you may be expected to know some lore to fully appreciate some of them, it's an excellent series of anime with the incredibly awesome concept of figures from history, myth and legend coming together in a battle royale with magic power based on their story, with the goal of obtaining a wish-granting holy artifact known as the holy grail.

Log Horizon- One of the best "trapped in an MMO that sudenly turned real" type of anime, immediately came to mind when you said "like overlord". This one is less overpowered evil mastermind, and more good guy regular dude...evil mastermind, but for different reasons. It's written in a really intelligent manner that does have plenty of slow moments, but the pay offs are mind blowing and has a ton of re-watch value.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (and the Vivid Strike add-ons)- an excellent magical girl anime, filled with action, one of the best mixes of scifi stuff with magic I've seen and excellent worldbuilding and characters that you get to see grow up beyond the age group the first show starts at. It's definitely worth a watch, and has plenty of material to be watched with what I think are five seasons now and at least 5 or 6 movies.

Nanatsu no Taizai- Going into the third season now, another nice shounen to watch which seems to fit the tone of the kind of shows you brought up.

Rewrite- two seasons, good content to watch. Sorry I'm getting a bit tired now, so I'll leave the description at that.

The rest of the isekai quartet:
-Konosuba
-Re:Zero
-Saga of Tanya the Evil

Isekai quartet is an anime crossover anime, between four different isekai anime, including Overlord. These anime are individually pretty great themselves, and all finished at least as far as individual seasons are concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back