Anime & Manga Idea Offers Anime Suggestions

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello there! How´s it going?
So, there were several threads asking for recommendations, but since those got a ton of posts like instantly, I thought it would be a bit redundant for me to give my input and bury people in suggestions. I´m an having steamrolling anime consumer though and with some unnusual tastes (I believe), so I like offering some suggestions to those looking for them.

As such, if you need or want any anime suggestions, here are three pieces of info I will need:

1) Do you want something that is airing or somehting that is finished?
2) Any information about what you generally like that I should know?
3) Any specifics that you are looking for in what you want to see in the recommendations?

Feel free to send tha requests! :)

Note: This thread is being created with the express purpose of helping evade the masses of other people who also want recomendations. So, please avoid making making recommendations of your own on this thread without my permittion.

1) doesn't matter either way. (But could you mention if there's a manga as well?)
2) my interests are varied, (anything from Shonen to should, psychological or horror. Fantasy, sci Fi etc.
3) but right now I'm looking for either a dark plot (depression, suicide, or otherwise heavy elements)
or something about music (key- really good intro/outro music, and/or music based plot)
(Have read Nana, fuuka, and fukumenkei noise, Nana is on my anime list, fuuka going there as soon as I can download it)

1) doesn't matter either way. (But could you mention if there's a manga as well?)
2) my interests are varied, (anything from Shonen to should, psychological or horror. Fantasy, sci Fi etc.
3) but right now I'm looking for either a dark plot (depression, suicide, or otherwise heavy elements)
or something about music (key- really good intro/outro music, and/or music based plot)
(Have read Nana, fuuka, and fukumenkei noise, Nana is on my anime list, fuuka going there as soon as I can download it)
"Kotoura-san" has a great start as a dark themed series (one of the best intro´s I´ve ever seen) and it´s darkness is always on the corner despite the general slice of life tone it has.
"Darker than Black" is good if you want a more actiony dark plot, as is "elfen lied"
and "The pet girl of Sakurasou" is perhaps the best candidate I can think of right now, with an all in all almost constant dark thematic of heavy elements like jealousy and depression and failure, while managing to control the ups and downs very well.

Unfortunately, I don´t really have music-related recommendations, since I often skip opening themes.

"Kotoura-san" has a great start as a dark themed series (one of the best intro´s I´ve ever seen) and it´s darkness is always on the corner despite the general slice of life tone it has.
"Darker than Black" is good if you want a more actiony dark plot, as is "elfen lied"
and "The pet girl of Sakurasou" is perhaps the best candidate I can think of right now, with an all in all almost constant dark thematic of heavy elements like jealousy and depression and failure, while managing to control the ups and downs very well.

Unfortunately, I don´t really have music-related recommendations, since I often skip opening themes.
I'll check those out. I'm also into music related plots, if that's anything you're more into.

Sorry to but into someone else's recommendation thread but I have some suggestions.

Imawa no kuni no Alice:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/33031/Imawa_no_Kuni_no_Alice?q=Imawa
It's about a guy who gets transported somewhere where deadly games have to be played to keep on living.

The promised Neverland:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/100128/Yakusoku_no_Neverland?q=The promi
It's about some kids who live a prefect life in their orphanage ran by "Mama". But it's not quite as perfect as it seems.

Bastard:
http://m.webtoons.com/en/thriller/bastard/list?title_no=485
It's a webcomic about a kid who's father is a serial killer.

All three are very good and I'd highly recommend all of them.
Dude, seriously? There is a note up there that litterally says DON'T make recommendations of your own here without asking my permission.

1. I'm looking for spring suggestions,but finished stuff works too. I only wtch a few shows a season.
2. Avoiding highschool. Avoiding school in general if possible, unless it's really funny like dfrag and setokaiyakuindomo
3.Waifus and action.

1) I don't really care, either is fine. But it would be awesome to find something new, maybe something from winter or this spring.
2) I mostly watch comedy and slice of life, but I enjoy psychological and more serious themes too. For example I loved the drama in Toradora and Kokoro Connect. Many genres interest me but I'm not a big fan of scifi.
3) Nothing special.

Thank you in advance!

1) I don't really care, either is fine. But it would be awesome to find something new, maybe something from winter or this spring.
2) I mostly watch comedy and slice of life, but I enjoy psychological and more serious themes too. For example I loved the drama in Toradora and Kokoro Connect. Many genres interest me but I'm not a big fan of scifi.
3) Nothing special.

Thank you in advance!
Combining the things you requested, theme-wise, "Nanaka 6/17" and "Kotoura-san" both mix great comedy slice of life as a general overtone, with peaks of psychological, more serious and darker themes too. "Mahou shoujo madoka Magika" is also good in that department, though that one is basically that backwards, only having hints of slice of life.

From this season, "Konosuba" , "Interviews with monster girls", "Kobayashi-san chi no dragon maid" and "Masamune-kun no Revenge" are great slice of life comedies.
Outside of this season I recommend a couple of my personal slice of life favorite comedies, "Dogs and Scissors", "Nisekoi" and "My teen romantic comedy is wrong as expected"

There are TONS of things I could recommend with your specifications, so i kinda had to restrict myself. Anyway, hope you enjoy these! :)

spring suggestions as in the new spring season coming up or as in just suggestions for what to watch during the spring?
The upcoming spring season. Like what are shows are the hyped up bullcrap besides attack on titan?

Combining the things you requested, theme-wise, "Nanaka 6/17" and "Kotoura-san" both mix great comedy slice of life as a general overtone, with peaks of psychological, more serious and darker themes too. "Mahou shoujo madoka Magika" is also good in that department, though that one is basically that backwards, only having hints of slice of life.

From this season, "Konosuba" , "Interviews with monster girls", "Kobayashi-san chi no dragon maid" and "Masamune-kun no Revenge" are great slice of life comedies.
Outside of this season I recommend a couple of my personal slice of life favorite comedies, "Dogs and Scissors", "Nisekoi" and "My teen romantic comedy is wrong as expected"

There are TONS of things I could recommend with your specifications, so i kinda had to restrict myself. Anyway, hope you enjoy these! :)

These seem quite interesting indeed. I have been thinking about watching Konosuba and Nisekoi a while ago. I'll check these out soon! Thank you and have a good day!

The upcoming spring season. Like what are shows are the hyped up bullcrap besides attack on titan?
well, I´m not hyped up about attack on Titan. Bunch of naked man running around, not really my thing ... :P

Well, one I´m REALLY excited about is the second season of Boku no Hero Academia. Yeah, it TECHNICALLY takes place in a hgihschool, but the sharpness of the world building there can really break your whole notion of it (so it is a highchool, but nothing there really works like a highschool, so it doesn´t really matter?)

Alice to Zouroku is one I´m gonna watch. Between old man and little girl as the protagonists, original to say the least.

Re: creators has an amazing concept to it

Zero Kara Hajimeru mahou no sho is something I´m gonna give a try, but I can´t really say I recommend wholeheartedly

and the spin off from "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?"

these are the ones I´d recommend that I´m sure have no highschool in them

well, I´m not hyped up about attack on Titan. Bunch of naked man running around, not really my thing ... :P
I think its just a shit story, which is why I asked besides that. :)
Well, one I´m REALLY excited about is the second season of Boku no Hero Academia. Yeah, it TECHNICALLY takes place in a hgihschool, but the sharpness of the world building there can really break your whole notion of it (so it is a highchool, but nothing there really works like a highschool, so it doesn´t really matter?)
Already read this manga weekly. I'm sure all for one vs all for one will be fantastic if it gets animated. Highschool settings do matter...I like the breakfast club as much as the next guy,but being a teenager isn't the be all end all goal in life.
Alice to Zouroku is one I´m gonna watch. Between old man and little girl as the protagonists, original to say the least.

Re: creators has an amazing concept to it

Zero Kara Hajimeru mahou no sho is something I´m gonna give a try, but I can´t really say I recommend wholeheartedly

and the spin off from "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?"
WAIT THATS ONLY A SPIN OFF? D:

these are the ones I´d recommend that I´m sure have no highschool in them
I'll try everything under alice to zouroku

I'll try everything under alice to zouroku
I didn´t say highschool setting didn´t matter, I said that in Boku no Hero Academia the amount of it that has anything to do with what is the typical "highschool life" that people mention is pratically nonexistent in it.

"Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" is the original. The one coming out this season is a spin off of that, I guess centering the second main romantic interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back