• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Idea: Fantasy in a parallel world, GMing for each other. (open again!)

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
This is a story of two people, two people living perfectly normal boring lives in a perfectly normal boring world. Until by some event of chance, they no longer were.
Maybe they found themselves summoned by some grand magician or desperate plea from a talented fledgeling. Maybe they found their life taken in that boring world and said life born anew in our world. Where they ended up too, remains to be seen: Where they returned as one of their former kind, noble humans like us? Or did they become some ferocious monster with the power to instill tyranny upon a kingdom? Perhaps something in between, an inhuman?

And yet, the biggest question is, where shall their venturing into this new and unknown world lead them?...and said world...

• giphy.gif

For a while now, I've been craving to attempt this refreshing but seldom touched upon idea of an RP where a player is GMing for another in a 1x1 contest. The reasons for this are perffectly natural: A player GMing for the other doesn't have a character of their own, and is instead guiding the story and worldbuilding mostly by themselves, and handling the NPCs mostly by themselves as well. Then, a couple days ago, it hit me: What if we were to GM for each other?

In this RP, our characters are getting transported into a different world, an RPG-like fantasy world, either by being summoned there or being reborn in said new world. For those who know about it, this falls into the "Isekai" genre and I do plan on hopefully making something very much like it. But what about that GM thing I was talking about? Well, that's where the twist will come in: We'll each GM for each other. We will each have a character, but they will be in parallel stories. Depending on their choices and how the stories and events we craft for each work out, they might become rivals, enemies, friends, lovers....or maybe never even meet each other at all!

As GMs, we will provide each other with paralle story lines. We will handle worldbuilding, NPCs, events and even decide what levels, titles, abilities etc... the other gets and when. Of course, it's not a competition by any means, unless we end up working it out to be during our innitial discussion ;)

I would generally speaking prefer this be a more lighthearted/comedic RP, at least from my character's side of the story. Naturally, it won't be all comedy and uplift, that would just grow stale. But as a rule of thumb.

In here I will detail some extra info I'd like to include about the world our characters will end up in. Reading this is not mandatory, and it's contents are to an extent negotiable. However, reading it may help you get a more clear picture of what sort of thing I am aiming for, and/or prepare you for the future discussion should we end up partnening up.

So, without further ado... The otherworlders may come via two ways: Reincarnation or summoning. Both give the otherworlder a skill that lets them gain XP faster and thus level up faster. Reincarnation involves the person dying and returning to life in a new body in the new world. Summoning involves pretty much teleporting the person into the fantasy world from the real world, with their real body. Because of this, the summoned don't necesssarily start at level 1, but may have instead of a special talent a huge level boost right away. On the other hand though, they have no choice but to be of the human race. Still summoned may have immediate assistance from the one that summoned them, in any number of forms from information to items.

Reincarnation though, is a little trickier. Reincarnation usually involves one returning as a newborn and having to grow up again, though in some special cases one may return as a fully fledged adult. They start at level 1, but gain a special unique ability they have to figure out by themselves. While they all have a skill that lets them retain most of their memories from their past life, they may not be able to access them at all times without leveling up that skill. Furthermore, reincarnated may be reincarnated into any creature in the world that possesses mana. It can be a humanoid, an inhuman or a monster.

Who?
Humans and virtually human races like elves and dwarves.

Upsides
*They get more skill points upon leveling up.
*They do not evolve, but can use any existing class they meet the requirements for, including inhuman tribal classes.
*They come with prebuilt understanding of all spoken languages by humanoids.
*Humanoids have vast societies that will lend their support.
*Equipment will magically be fitted to them once looted.

Downsides
*Humanoids have a level cap
*Humanoids have a hard time acquiring regenerative abilities for their HP
Who?
Creatures that are neither fully human nor fully monster. Rejected from both worlds, these creatures can often be told apart form monster by their relative low variation from their monster counterparts.

Upsides
*Can use both classes and evolutions, however their evolutions are only minor upgrades compared to regular monster evolutions, and they cannot access humanoid advanced classes nor tribal classes of other inhuman species.
*Medium Acquiring of stats
*Gain XP much faster than humanoids or monsters.
*Unlimited evolutions, but only one per three days.
*Inherent understanding of their race's language only.
*Advanced inhumans sometimes evolve into full monsters.

Downsides
*Can only use items that don't need fitting or happen to be fit to them
*Human level cap, but thanks to not having a limit on evolutions, they can "shed" levels.
*Only a few lucky, strong inhumans get to live in their small tribes. Any inhuman not lucky enough to be considered a "stronger generation" or to have even been born in the tribe to begin with usually ends up an outcast or a slave with no one to call for aid.
*Advanced inhumans may start to manifest "prime weaknesses" like monsters.
Who?
From beastial undead abominations to mighty dragons, monsters are the natural powerhouses of the world, and hunted by humans as if in a war of nature versus nature for control of the world. The most varied group there is among the three.

Upsides
*Gain MASSIVE amounts of stats upon leveling up.
*Can Use Energy and Mana Interchangeably.
*Upon reaching their final evolution, they have no level cap
*Easily Acquire Regenerative Abilities
*Quickly gain skills to adapt to their environment in early levels.

Downsides
*Can Only Evolve
*Generally Unable to Properly Communicate even with other monsters at early levels
*Born in a world of survival of the fittest where they have to fight to survive right away.
*Reincarnated monsters always start out as newborns
*Can only Rarely use specifically designed items for them
*Advanced monsters develop "prime weaknesses" which increase damage dealt to them and allow it to bypass any defenses they may have or render the monster powerless.

Skills: Abilities one acquires by acquiring certain classes or performing certain actions. For example, surviving a poisoned meal maygrant one the skill [poison resistance rank 1]. A skill's rank may be upgraded by paying the appropriate amount of skill points, acquired every level up. One points have been put into a skill,even if insufficient to upgrade it, they can't be take back.

Titles: Designations earned by accomplishing feats or doing noteoworthy actions. Sometimes carry passive benefits or malefits, but often do nothing.

Classes: Also known as jobs, classes give one particular skills pertaining to the class. Examples of classes include mage, warrior and paladin. Advanced classes can only be attained if certain requirements are met. Tribal classes are classes created by certain specific races and often used by their leader.

Evolution: Every few levels, a new evolution is unlokced (mandatory for monsters, optional for inhumans), allowing the user to loose up to twice the level at which they acquired the evolution (always spends the most possible) to upgrade their body into a form with more potential. For example, a spider might evolve into a spider with poison or into a form that is stronger and more agile. One always will have more than one evolution option. On occasion, at most one of the evolution options will lead to a "final evolution", which is relatively stronger than the other potential evolutions, but itself cannot further evolve.

Mana and Energy: The two resources used when using skills. Usually specific skills ask of one or the other. When trying to use a skill without the necessary resource, one's HP is paid instead, threefold from the original cost.

h86Fsne.png

Here are some of the inspirations that led me to want to make this:
*Konosuba
*Overlord
*The Time I became a Slime
*tensei shitara dragon no tamago datta saikyou igai mezasa nee
*weak 5000 year old vegan dragon
*while farming slimes for 300 years, I unknowingly became max level
*My Entire Class Was Summoned to Another World except for Me
*The world doesn't stand a chance against the power of instant death
*Because I've Been Reincarnated as the Piggy Duke, This Time I Will Say I Like You
*kumo desu ga nani ga?

Anyway, I think by this point you can see the level of "passion" that I have for the genre :P

Thank you for reading this far! I hope maybe something caught your interest. If I did, please send me a PM or reply here :) Whichever the case though, good luck and happy RPing! <3

overlord-gif.gif

Last edited:
Are you looking to give it a shot or are you just complimenting the idea? Whichever the case, thank you <3
Bit of both, I’ll be very honest. 1st person rp’s bother me for a reason Ive never been able to explain ahaha

“I walked down the hallway to fumble with the hanging lantern. My cold fingers reach out....”
1st person annoys me aha

Also my creativity is a bit on the rocks...

That being said I adore your idea, GMing each other’s story but making it link up sounds good.

I’ll probably give it a shot if you don’t bring all the boys to the yard.
“Like damn right, there better then me
I could teach them, but I’m Flowiest D”

Bit of both, I’ll be very honest. 1st person rp’s bother me for a reason Ive never been able to explain ahaha

“I walked down the hallway to fumble with the hanging lantern. My cold fingers reach out....”
1st person annoys me aha

Also my creativity is a bit on the rocks...

That being said I adore your idea, GMing each other’s story but making it link up sounds good.

I’ll probably give it a shot if you don’t bring all the boys to the yard.
“Like damn right, there better then me
I could teach them, but I’m Flowiest D”
I see. Nonetheless, thank you for the complement! I'll keep doing my best XD

I see. Nonetheless, thank you for the complement! I'll keep doing my best XD
I think I can get over 1st person... you’re to damn nice lol
When my mood for rp picks up I’ll swing by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back