Other Idea Creates You a (super?)Power (Quizz)

Should I make more things like this?

• Total voters
1) What is justice to you?
I'd say I'm a strong believer in the "eye for an eye," way of thinking.

2) What is victory to you?
Winning. Succeeding.

3) You are a hero. A villain you were fighting has trapped in separate rooms a child, an elderly, a war veteran, a fellow superhero with a good record (but also is a jackass), one of your close family members or freinds, three criminals (all criminals in one room), a priest and an attractive person of the sex you´re attracted to. Needless to say, you can only rescue one room or you can save none and catch the criminal (leaving everyone to die). What do you do?
I'll have to go with my family/friends. I just couldn't bear losing them...

4) What is your favorite animal? Why?
I love cats, because they're incredibly warm, and soft, and chubby, and cute. <3

5) What is your favorite color?

Lighter shades of purple, like lavender and lilac.

6) What is your favorite roleplaying genre?
I typically lean towards the futuristic genre, or modern if I can find a unique plot.

7) Describe your ideal home.
A slightly older two-story building, with bricks on the exterior, with a medium sized yard, in a semi-small town, maybe in New Mexico or Georgia.

8) What is the most important quality to have in battle?
Tact.

9) What role would you rather have in a teamfight?
The supportive, long-range role. An archer, or spellcaster of some sort.

10) Imagine you wake up one day with a power. If it gets out you have it, it would mean danger to you, but the power may be useful to you or to those around you. What do you do?
I'd absolutely reveal and/or use it, depending on if I needed to.

11) Your best friend blamed you for something they did and now your reputation is ruined, however, if the truth gets out your friend will be in far worse conditions. What do you do?
I'd probably just...you know what, no. If they're willing to throw me under the bus, then I'm gonna throw them under the bus. Karma, eye for an eye, etc.

12) A genie offers you three wishes. He explains that any wish-rule-affecting wishes, any direct influence on others wishes or vague reality altering wishes of permanent effect are forbidden and if requested (or if you try to pull a fast one on the genie) instead of your wish being granted you are killed. What are your three wishes?
-To become rich. Original, I know, but dayum...I do love money.
-To be able to hear the thoughts of another, but only when there were directly about me.
-Finally, I'd wish to never have to waste time sleeping ever again.

13) When most afraid, you...
Either panic, or shut down completely.

14) When attempting to confront something superior to yourself in a certain area, you...
I'd probably be shy, and end up appearing weak.

15) Beauty....
A) Is in the eye of the beholder
B) Comes from within
C) Is your middle name
D) Is overrated

E) is everywhere

16) Above all else, you put your trust in...
My cat, honestly. My cousin, a close friend, my grandma.

17) Right before leaving for a party you make sure to check...
If I look good, or if I look...bad.

18) What is your stance on animals and plants?
Certain animals are awesome, and same thing with plants.

19) What is your stance on killing?
Sometimes, it's necessary. When your own life is being threatened, or when someone has done something evil and horrible, killing them may be the only real option. It all depends on the circumstances.

20) If you were to become a superhero or supervillain which would it be and what would you become one for?
I'd probably be a superhero, even though being a villain would be incredibly fun...I'd be a hero to try and save people.

21) What is your main quality, in your opinion?
My loyalty.

22) What is your biggest flaw, in your opinion?
My jealousy.

23) Do you believe in the zodiac? What is your sign?
I don't really believe in it, no, but I'm a Leo.
Your power is "Friend Glass". It makes it so there is an hourglass growing in the middle of your chest with a white and a black liquid. While it is white you grow tiny soft cat claws, a cat tail and a cat tongue, all of which can heal or give good luck to those touched by them (and also give you the specific cat attributes like the taste of a cat and the like...). Each time you help someone using the cat parts, the liquid inside the hourglass turns increasingly black until it is fully black, at which point your claws grow wide and sharp, your teeth and eyes get cat-like and your personality turns into a full shameless sadist. Your cat parts instead of healing and giving good luck can instead cause itching, rashes and the like. Each time that other personality feels like they screwed up someone's day at least, the hourglass will grow a little whiter, and when it is full white, you turn back. Regardless of what you do, though, over the course of a week, the hourglass will turn the other color regardless of what you do.

Your power is "Friend Glass". It makes it so there is an hourglass growing in the middle of your chest with a white and a black liquid. While it is white you grow tiny soft cat claws, a cat tail and a cat tongue, all of which can heal or give good luck to those touched by them (and also give you the specific cat attributes like the taste of a cat and the like...). Each time you help someone using the cat parts, the liquid inside the hourglass turns increasingly black until it is fully black, at which point your claws grow wide and sharp, your teeth and eyes get cat-like and your personality turns into a full shameless sadist. Your cat parts instead of healing and giving good luck can instead cause itching, rashes and the like. Each time that other personality feels like they screwed up someone's day at least, the hourglass will grow a little whiter, and when it is full white, you turn back. Regardless of what you do, though, over the course of a week, the hourglass will turn the other color regardless of what you do.

Incredibly unique. I applaud you! :D That's really awesome, but a double-edged blade to say the least!

Justice is defined by the strongest set of arms. The only universal just act is the acquisition of more power. However, I believe 'the weak' should be protected, yet also controlled. Loyalty and cunning are also virtues.

Complete domination over the 'other' in a challenge.

3) You are a hero. A villain you were fighting has trapped in separate rooms a child, an elderly, a war veteran, a fellow superhero with a good record (but also is a jackass), one of your close family members or freinds, three criminals (all criminals in one room), a priest and an attractive person of the sex you´re attracted to. Needless to say, you can only rescue one room or you can save none and catch the criminal (leaving everyone to die). What do you do?
Friend/Family

My dog. Loyalty and unconditional love.

Blue?

Action

7) Describe your ideal home
A castle on the beach.

Raw, unceasing, and limitless power.

9)What role would you rather have in a teamfight?
The 'Big Guy'

10) Imagine you wake up one day with a power. If it gets out you have it, it would mean danger to you, but the power may be useful to you or to those around you. What do you do?
If I have to use it in secret, fine.

11) Your best friend blamed you for something they did and now your reputation is ruined, however, if the truth gets out your friend will be in far worse conditions. What do you do?
Lying is punishable. He'll get punished.

12) A genie offers you three wishes. He explains that any wish-rule-affecting wishes, any direct influence on others wishes or vague reality altering wishes of permanent effect are forbidden and if requested (or if you try to pull a fast one on the genie) instead of your wish being granted you are killed. What are your three wishes?

I want the ability to generate 'true' and legal currency of any type on command.
I want the ability to modify my own DNA with a conscious thought and then a confirmation.
I want to be able to see people's 'killing intent' against me or other people.

13) When most afraid you...
Retreat

14) When attempting to confront something superior to yourself in a certain area, you...
Devise an alternate route. I'll cheat if there's no other option.

15) Beauty....
B) Comes from within
C) Is your middle name
D) Is overrated
E) is everywhere

B

Friends.

My phone.

Plants and animals are here to serve.

Disposing of the morally sick is acceptable. Wanton murder is unacceptable. Revenge is acceptable. Revenge on anybody but the perpetrator is unacceptable. If both participants agree, duels to the death are acceptable.

20) If you were to become a superhero or supervillain which would it be and what would you become one for?
I'm not sure. I'm just here for #1, and #1 is me and mine.

I think my best quality is my ability to take an emotional hit.

When the going gets tough, I give up.

Not particularly, but it's Pisces.

Last edited:
Justice is defined by the strongest set of arms. The only universal just act is the acquisition of more power. However, I believe 'the weak' should be protected, yet also controlled. Loyalty and cunning are also virtues.

Complete domination over the 'other' in a challenge.

Friend/Family

My dog. Loyalty and unconditional love.

Blue?

Action

7) Describe your ideal home
A castle on the beach.

Raw, unceasing, and limitless power.

9)What role would you rather have in a teamfight?
The 'Big Guy'

If I have to use it in secret, fine.

Lying is punishable. He'll get punished.

I want the ability to generate 'true' and legal currency of any type on command.
I want the ability to modify my own DNA with a conscious thought and then a confirmation.
I want to be able to see people's 'killing intent' against me or other people.

13) When most afraid you...
Retreat

Devise an alternate route. I'll cheat if there's no other option.

15) Beauty....
B) Comes from within
C) Is your middle name
D) Is overrated
E) is everywhere

B

Friends.

My phone.

Plants and animals are here to serve.

Disposing of the morally sick is acceptable. Wanton murder is unacceptable. Revenge is acceptable. Revenge on anybody but the perpetrator is unacceptable. If both participants agree, duels to the death are acceptable.

I'm not sure. I'm just here for #1, and #1 is me and mine.

I think my best quality is my ability to take an emotional hit.

When the going gets tough, I give up.

Not particularly, but it's Pisces.
Your power is "Gravi Blast". By closing your right fist, your left palm starts creating a huge compressing force that effectively makes it a center of gravity for anything in front of it. By touching an object, that center of gravity becomes the object and by touching the ground, it instead intensifies the gravity in a certain area around yourself. As you do this, tension builds up on your right hand. Then, by closing your left fist and exposing a right palm, you release a large explosion from it depending on how long you were building it up.

Your power is "Gravi Blast". By closing your right fist, your left palm starts creating a huge compressing force that effectively makes it a center of gravity for anything in front of it. By touching an object, that center of gravity becomes the object and by touching the ground, it instead intensifies the gravity in a certain area around yourself. As you do this, tension builds up on your right hand. Then, by closing your left fist and exposing a right palm, you release a large explosion from it depending on how long you were building it up.

With the pisces, castle-on-the-beach, raw, limitless power, but also willingness to retreat, I'd thought I was getting something watery.

Gravity explosions is cool too though.

With the pisces, castle-on-the-beach, raw, limitless power, but also willingness to retreat, I'd thought I was getting something watery.

Gravity explosions is cool too though.
For one thing, you said you didn´t believe in the zodiac, meaning it could never be something I would make a strong point on. Second, "castle on the beach" includes "castle" in it, another symbol of raw power, something you emphasized a lot. In fact, your two main ideas were "raw dominating power" and "retreat if I am not strong enough" throughout your answers. So I gave you something that gave you a huge amount of raw power, but if that was overcome, you had a simple way to try to flee that could otheriwse be used as even more offensive power.

Idea Idea is there a particular system or method as to how you come up with these? Or do you just work things out intuitively?
There is a lot of intuition to it, though there are also some guidelines. I try to pick up on common themes and a general mentality the answers show me, and then try to create a power that either or at once both embodies that mentality and central themes or satisfies a shown desire. I also like to add a little bit of irony to the powers, to show certain traits can be double edged swords or give powers that promote losing certain behaviors they have shown (in particular if one of their answers pissed me off).
For example, when someone shows me they are arrogant through their answers, I usually give them some kind of really flashy power or something that gets them relying on others.
Flexibility is a theme that I usually try to show either by watery ideas or by having powers that give one multiple options or some kind of automatic adaptation.
And so forth...

The powers are really symbolic and usually I don´t even have to avoid doing an existing power, simply because the number of questions tends to allow me to come up with something unique by themselves. Sometimes, though, it´s really tempting to give them something that is not original, simply because it´s so fitting. Like with Windsock Windsock here where I almost gave him Bakugou´s "Explosion" ability, which an ability that allows him to control explosions.

Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly From your answers, the thing that stood out the most is that you are quite full of yourself (no offense intended of course), however you are defintely also the kind of person who will prepare themselves for a rainy day by trying to come up with solutions beforehand. You´re the kind of person who can defintely tank quite a lot in life, but has an unfortunate tendency to push themselves beyond that boundary which can crumble their hard work.

That´s what the power I gave you was trying to capture. Much like real-life situations, your shield does not work on a fixed amount or pattern, it can shield a random amount. And it´s up to you to know better than to be arrogant and cautiously use the shield and release the power burst at the right time, thus making good and effective use of your talents.

I enjoyed the description of the power you gave my character and there are aspects I will incorporate into him once he gets more experience (like levelling in Pokémon, he'd be a low level because he plays around too much). As for now, he has powers already, I was just curious to see what you thought would be good powers for him. But he does eat a lot - maybe I'll bring that in somewhere, give it a go!
But I liked it. Still not decided if I will use him but - we'll see. I'll have a ponder!

I think I would mostly work as a translator for the UN (Or the galactic equivalent of it) But I think I would end up being a real life doctor Dolittle

I think I would mostly work as a translator for the UN (Or the galactic equivalent of it) But I think I would end up being a real life doctor Dolittle
That was not quite what I meant, though it is interesting to hear . I was more like asking you to say something if you were to make a character with that ability or show it somewhere else or something along those lines

billthesomething billthesomething your answers put a lot of emphasis on your caring side and on your appreciation for nature and it´s diverse lifeforms, especially animals in particular dogs. This really reaching and somewhat pacific demeanor that loves animals was what I based myself giving you a power that both makes you be able to convey what needs conveying and establish better relations with other life forms.

Yes make more, i'll help if you need it ^^ And oh totally, hair power is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back