• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Icewind Dale (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
No flying for Strawberri..... the UA fairy had magical flight, but that was removed for the official version. More survival checks we failed last time so maybe it will go better this time?

D. Rex D. Rex would it be okay with you if we have the party stumble on you hunkering down in the same storm? I was thinking that could be a fun way to get you into the group organically.
Yeah, that's perfectly fine by me!

Organically though, what reason would she be out there? Same charge as them, just sent earlier? Maybe she was part of the group they met but was sort of ditched? Some other reason entirely?

At this rate, we'll all freeze to death before our first monster encounter! lol

Maybe the organic way to entry is Ran comes across your frozen unconscious bodies and gives you a free pass on your death saves.

Im sorry for not posting. Ive been unable to get to a PC so that I can type

we need to figure out a better way to travel by snow since survival checks are hard.
To be fair, if a blizzard doesn't rain down on you, you should be fine. It was the blizzard that made it hurt. By the book, they typically last a few hours. This one was shorter. But, I roll that randomly.

one option is getting sled dogs to pull us around and having strawberri take the beast speak invocation so can cast speak to them. The dogs likely will have very interesting things to say.

Since the figure hasn't tried to attack them Strawberri is able to confirm that the unknown figure is not the yeti. "Hello, I'm Strawberri and what's your name and what are you doing out here?" Strawberri repeats the sentence in Sylvan in the off chance that the unknown person doesn't understand common and can speak Sylvan. Strawberri also heard Mor'du's call for taking a rest and is unsure if they should rest or continue on with the mission, but for now she has to wait to see if the unknown figure is dangerous or not.
Pssst! Mr. D. Rex D. Rex . That's your cue!

Ah! The starting city! I figured they were already fairly near it when the blizzard it.

I doubt she would have the ability to have a house or room in the city. Probably stayed at the temple, if there was one there that allowed her.

I'm thinking she probably has a outcropping or cave in the woods somewhere, or a sheltering tree. She has some okay enough survival skill to make it work.

The trick is coming up with a reason why she is out here... perhaps hoping to help people stuck in. Lizzqrds like these, or searching for some magical taint causing these problems, or in the same situation as the party and was asked to help by the lady.

Ah! The starting city! I figured they were already fairly near it when the blizzard it.

I doubt she would have the ability to have a house or room in the city. Probably stayed at the temple, if there was one there that allowed her.

I'm thinking she probably has a outcropping or cave in the woods somewhere, or a sheltering tree. She has some okay enough survival skill to make it work.

The trick is coming up with a reason why she is out here... perhaps hoping to help people stuck in. Lizzqrds like these, or searching for some magical taint causing these problems, or in the same situation as the party and was asked to help by the lady.
Yeah I was thinking the same! Like a cave outside the city. Yeah, any of those reasons. I can give you suggestions, too.

Always happy for a couple of suggestions!
How about:
SPY
I 'm a spy for the Harpers, a secretive or ganization that works behind the scenes to thwart tyrants and other evildoers. My mission in lcewind Dale is to safeguard the settlements of Ten-Towns while con cealing my Harper affiliation. Credible threats to Ten-Towns include the Arcane Brotherhood, an organization of wizards based in Luskan, and the Zhentarim, an expansive shadow network that wants to control trade throughout the North. Both have threatened Ten-Towns in the past.

My only Harper contact in Ten-Towns is a human named Beldora, who poses as a homeless woman and spends
her days gathering information in Bryn Shander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back