Ice Titan's Might, Chapter 1: Rumblings in the Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Day

Kanaxe_Ru

Ice Titan's Might, Chapter 1: Rumblings in the Mountain

"Well met, travelers! Keep yer fingers and extremities under wraps, 'lest Auril bite them off! Mind yer tempers, and you'll be most welcome here! Brought goods to sell? The Flint Row market lies straight ahead! Craving a warm drink? May I recommend a drop of Chestnut Cider, sold only at the Jolly Beard Tavern, located on yer right as you enter the market square?! Winter's blessin' to ye all!"

Most everyone who finds themselves at the southern gate of Tynesvar has heard that speech, whether for the first time as a newcomer or for the thousandth time as a local. Aubrek, the bright and excitable face of the guards, shouts that greeting at everyone who passes through the opened drawbridge and into the walled city proper. It's not a terribly large city, its resident population being a bit less than a thousand strong and seeing a respectable amount of foot traffic from its location at the edge of the hinterlands; still, compared to the other settlements nestled in the nooks and crannies of the Ganater Mountains, it was one of the larger ones.

Not beholden to the law of any kingdom or empire, the jarls of each nearby walled settlement worked together in a sort of business relationship, to benefit mutual prosperity and protection from the dangers that plagued the surrounding wilds. Out here, they relied only on themselves and not on gods -- though many worshippers of less popular faiths found sanctuary and asylum in this kingless land.

For many people, the southern gate of Tynesvar was a new beginning. Either they were leaving the artic northern half of the continent of Ostenhor for its more temperate southern half or they were entering it, for whatever motives they held within themselves.

Alder:
The chilly climate is nothing unusual to Alder, having lived in the northern region for most of his formative years (and perhaps beyond). Still, he wasn't quite fond of the so-called cities around the area -- specifically, their filthy heathen worship of lesser 'deities' and false idols. In that regard, he felt much more at home in the temperate region to the south, whose old and storied kingdoms worshipped Oen as the supreme being that He was.

Regardless of the savage ways of the people up here, Alder knew there was potential to be uncovered: the ruins of Ostoria, the ancient empire of Oen's Firstborn! The Golden Testament (which he knew by heart) said that at the time of Ostoria's existence, Oen himself walked the land and bestowed His blessing upon the world of Aeyvis. If that was true (and of course it was), then there would surely be great artifacts containing His radiance within the rubble of the giant's civilization. And if there were, he would be the one to find it.

Puck:
Puck is a long way away from Garza, having traveled across the continent of Achar'ii to its west coast and taken a several weeks' voyage across the Cremir Ocean to end up in this unfamiliar land. It was also weird for him to see his breath mist in front of him -- 'cold' isn't really a word that exists back where he's from. But unfamiliar is great, when he was bored with the familiar sights and sounds, the same crowds and cheers. He was here for something fresh, something exciting -- and this was surely the place to start his search for new challenges and new audiences.

Along the way up the roads north, he ran into some commoners moving in the opposite direction, saying something about giants attacking up north or whatever. (He thanked them for the advice and picked up the pace -- wouldn't want to miss out on the action, after all.) Unfortunately, his arrival at the gates of Tynesvar was slightly poor timing -- it was late enough that most of the interesting people in the tavern of Puck's choice were either drunk out of coherency or passed out cold (or both). But today was a new day, and there was a new and exciting town to see!

Austin and A.W.E.:
Gosh darn it. How did it come to this?

Well, they kind of knew how. Austin and A.W.E. had been hanging out in their usual spot on the Shrewsneau River, just outside of the walls of Tynesvar, when the young teenager thought he saw something interesting in the distance and went to go look at it. He turned his back for one minute (at least, that's what it felt like for him) and then suddenly he heard someone shout from the direction where he had left A.W.E.. Looking back he saw two guards wrestle the robot down and tie him up, before tossing him in a nearby cart and setting off while mumbling things about 'research' and 'payday'. Which leads to the current moment, as Austin followed them into the city proper to get his friend back.

"Oi, coming through!" The driver of the cart, a short and stout dwarven male bundled up best he can, calls out as the cart rumbles through the cobblestone streets. A roughspun sheet had been tossed over its current occupant, currently laying on his side, but the metal man calculated that neither of these were the most forthcoming concern at the moment. His primary objective was to get out of the ropes tying him up and to get back to Austin, in whatever order that could be accomplished.

"Gonna have to run faster than that, squirt." A familar black owl perches lazily on Austin's shoulder, his neck craning around at the sights of the city while his 'master' tries to catch up with the cart in vain. Vincent probably could fly up into the air and figure out where the cart was going, but he hasn't been told to yet. Either way, the cart with Austin's mechanical friend was starting to blend into the scenery and he most definitely did not want that.

Mei-Lynn:
The colder temperatures of Ostenhor were tolerable enough, but it was only after spending a night in the frigid city that Mei-Lynn truly began to long for the tropical climate of Toraya. Alas, her home continent and home nation were far below her now, nearly half the world away -- so the frigid cold of the north would have to suffice for now. There were many things to be done in the city while they were here -- buying supplies, finding ways to make coin, plotting out a course for their next destination (or perhaps staying for a bit longer, depending on their circumstances) -- and there was only so much daylight to go around in the current season.

As she gets ready for the day (shivering a bit, in the absence of a hearth) she looks over to her travelling companion who seems to have slept in a bit.

Regalia:
Sometimes Regalia has dreams, about her travels or her past or simply about whatever thoughts had been brewing in her head as she dozed off. Last night had not been one of those nights, having arrived with Mei-Lynn late into the evening low on supplies. They had been between cities for quite some time, so settling into a room instead of camping beneath the stars was a welcome respite. But through the comforting quiet of a long-awaited sleep, a familiar and intimate voice rings through the silence for but a moment.

"Curious. There's something in the air today."

Without further elaboration she eventually comes to consciousness, the slightest hint of frost sprinkled atop the bedsheets wrapped around her. It looks like it might have snowed last night.

Village_fixed.jpg

Austin grit his teeth as he ducked between a small crowd of people, trying his best to catch up. The young wizard reached to his side for a moment as he thought he finally had an angle on A.W.E.’s captor that wouldn’t fry his metallic friend, but his hands only met empty air. Dang it! A.W.E., why does your chest have to be so dang convenient for keeping stuff? Looking over to the bird on his shoulder, he pointed at the cart. “Well sorry that I haven’t been able to piece together a speed spell yet! Anyways, you’re slowing me down right now. Fly after em, and tell me what you see!” Ducking beneath a box being transported on poles by two men, Austin redoubled his efforts.

Flint Row:

Vincent harrumphs (as much as an owl can harrumph) and flaps his wings before swooping off Austin's shoulder, flying into the air and perching atop a chimney to get a bird's eye view. "Seems the old loaf is headed towards the northwest street," Austin hears in his head as the bird cranes his neck in that direction. "Last time I checked, that was where the meeting hall was. And the holding cells."

On the wagon, a bit of cranking can be heard as A.W.E. manages to muster all of his strength and finally break through the rope tying his appendages together. Finding the use of his legs again, he casually hops off with a flourish, landing on two feet in the middle of the Flint Row bazaar. Some individuals that are starting to emerge and go about their morning business stop and stare at the strange metallic man that seems to have appeared in the middle of nowhere.

The driver does not seem to notice, and continues on his merry way. "C'mon, I got better places ta be! Git your ass out of the way!" He rides down the street and finally out of sight and earshot.

Vincent sees this, and swoops back down to Austin landing on his shoulder.
"Well, that was anticlimactic. I expected you to blow up half the market first."

Last edited:
The first time Puck had seen his breath before him he let out a loud laugh -- then promptly spent a fair while attempting to learn how to shape the way the mist formed. At some point it could surely become a great trick if he practiced enough. Cobweb however was more interested in keeping his footing as they traveled, the cold not bothering him as much as it did Puck who learned quickly he was going to have to add more layers between him and his armor if this was truly where he was going to be for the foreseeable future.

Hearing the commoners and their muttering he took a mental note, pushing Cobweb just a bit further -- for sure there must be a town nearby they could finally rest in. While he was a gladiator of Garza ... he still preferred a bed to sleep in, regardless of whatever stories he encouraged or marketers promoted. Finding himself at the gates of ... he leaned back in his saddle to reread the sign ... Tynesvar, he was grateful if a little disappointed it seemed he'd missed the night life. Leaving Cobweb at a stable for the night (and while collecting his items giving his large friend a reminder to listen around him and not just sleep the whole time), he patted the elk and headed for the most interesting looking tavern he could find -- landing at the Sleeping Coyote.

Entering with a slight skip to his step and a wide grin, he was slightly disappointed once more that it seemed the innkeeper was only interested in his coin for the moment. Handing over a gold, as Puck did not carry smaller coins at the moment, he made his way to his room, dumped his items (except for his amulet -- it was warm from resting against his chest and he'd already learned metal got very cold here very quickly) and bundled himself up into his blankets, pillows piled so as not to mess with his horns too much, and tail wrapped around his leg to keep from accidentally leaving the warmth of the sheets. Even with the cold he still slept with a grin -- this was an entirely New Place and so much to see, do, hear, and learn.

--

Waking in the morning, Puck's hand automatically reached to check his necklace was still present before slowly stretching, his usual grin affixed to his face, only flickering when he felt the cold of the air again. Digging through his things, he felt for now just getting breakfast wasn't worth putting on all his armor, and instead put on his comfortable clothes -- unfortunately still meant for the warmth of Garza, but Puck had a plan for that. Shoving the rest of his items under the bed for now -- javelins clattering across the floor, warhammer leaving scrapes in the wood and shield covering his packs -- he made his way back into the main room, the thickest blanket on his bed now draped across his shoulders as if it were a regal cloak. With a smirk he strode into the room, looking for an open seat he placed himself and waited for service, foot tapping on the floor as his tail swept back and forth under the blanket.

Landing with both feet on the ground, A.W.E immediately scans his surroundings to locate Austin. Though when he's met with many curious eyes of bystanders, A.W.E determined it's for the best if he went about disguised instead of revealed. He takes the shortest possible route towards a empty side street, while his metallic feet reverb off the stones. Disappearing out of sight around the corner, A.W.E gently peeks around to see if anyone followed, before activating his cloaking device.

A blue light coils around his body, slowly changing shape and color to match the skin of an average human. When the entire process is done, A.W.E briefly checks himself out in the reflection of a nearby puddle before he steps back around the corner. Considering that the best possible chance of meeting back up with Austin is to return to his last seen position, A.W.E jogs out towards the spot where he landed only a minute ago. Now fully equipped with orange hair, human skin texture, human eyes and a set of teeth, A.W.E awaits his friend.

Sleeping Coyote:

The main room of the Sleeping Coyote is already bustling with activity, adventurers and mercenaries scarfing down plates of meat and eggs or catching up on the latest news before packing up and heading to their next mission. The bar itself is nearly packed with people of all shapes and sizes and demeanors, while some of the tables seem to seat partners or groups of mercenaries planning out their next move. Barmaids weave to and fro amongst the emerging crowds, while a rather thin and pale elf tends the bar chatting with patrons as he pours out beverages.

In the far corner, near the blazing hearth and the large quest board that seems to be placed dangerously close to fire, a large grizzled man seems to loom over a younger adventurer, a tad too scrawny for his armor. "Don't got the money yet, eh?" he huffs, putting on a pair of spectacles and squinting at what appears to be a ledger. "Fine, I'll cut ye a break just this once. But I'm expecting twice as much when ye get paid for this next hunt -- and don't you dare think about skimping out on me." He makes a casual nod at a large and weathered greathammer hanging above the fireplace, and the young man gulps and nods before backing out of the tavern entirely.

He looks over and sees Puck proudly striding across the room with his makeshift cloak and, after a moment of confusion, lets out a hearty laugh and goes over to see what the strange tiefling was about. "I hafta say, every time I think I've seen all the ways a foreigner'll try to deal with the cold, someone like you comes along. The name's Andrej Scuramo, but most people call me Scram. Can I get'cha somethin', stranger?"

Hearing the murmur and noises of the room, Puck couldn't be happier, looking at all the new people to impress and learn about. Hearing a voice approach he turned in his seat, a wide smile as he rewrapped the blanket around him while he bowed deeply in his seat, "Hello, hello, hello ~ It's a most wonderful pleasure to meet you Scram, and such an interesting name as well!" Sitting upright again he continued, "It's only polite to give a name in kind, and I expect soon enough you'll get tired of hearing mine: Puck."

Leaning on the counter he laughed, "Apologies -- the chill has made me a slight touch more excitable than normal, but I'd love something warm and hearty! I'm much more used to baking in the sun than freezing in the wind, as I've traveled all the way from Garza. Perhaps news has crossed the waters, hm? Of a tiefling gladiator as known for his combat," here Puck flexed an arm for the man, "as his tricks?" as he mentioned tricks, Puck's eyes shifted from their solid gold appearance to that of a spinning spiral and returned to the gold as he laughed again.

Austin hurried after his bird, growing angrier as he heard Vincent’s messages. “Holding cells? We didn’t do anything wrong here, we were just minding our own business! I mean... I guess those apples probably belonged to someone, and the cow did as well, but still!” Austin lost his train of thought as Vincent reported A.W.E.’s escape, and he breathed a sigh of relief, sowing down to catch his breath. When the owl landed, he grumbled. “I woulda if I had my darn energy arcing rod...”

By the time he reached the spot where A.W.E. had escaped, he saw the familiar human-looking form he took in order to blend in, and ran over, throwing his arms around the metal man. “I was so worried about you! What did I tell you about trusting strangers? If they have ropes or nets, blow their heads off!” He held onto the cold metal form for a moment longer before pulling away and opening the panel that he knew was beneath A.W.E.’s illusion, pulling out a tattered looking book and a hefty, many times patched up pouch that he tied to his belt. He closed the glass panel and looked around the city with a scowl. “Well... I guess we’re finally in Tynesvar, eh? Ugh. I hate cities, especially when the people in em are all still alive and kicking. We should get away from here, someone might come looking for ya.”

Looking down at the tiny human clinging to his body, A.W.E's processing his options. "A 'hug' has been initiated. Calculating proper response..." His eyes light up briefly as he's reached a conclusion. "Attempting to 'pat' head... Attempt successful." Patting Austin gently on his head, A.W.E chimes in with Austin. "...Ropes or nets, blow their heads off!"

As Austin digs through his stomach, A.W.E looks down in order to talk. "The 'Dwarf' did not rank high as a threat, neither did the unidentified creature in the cart. Blowing their heads off would be in violation of the law and may cause unwanted incarceration. Do you want me to disregard these statistics for future events?" With Austin having retrieved his items, A.W.E double checks the glass panel and smiles. "Indeed, this does seem to be Tynesvar." He nods his head and continues to follow Austin around. "People wear high quantities of clothing against the cold weather, are you properly equipped as well?" His head tilts slightly, as that's what people do to express 'concern'.

Listening to the tall robotic man speak, Austin frowned and thought to himself. "... No, I guess you're right. Belay that rule, and replace it with the following. 'If they have ropes and nets, blow their kneecaps off.' It still has it's risks, but I doubt they'd do more than to try to lock us up... like that'd work." He grinned mischievously up at his large friend. "Also, you don't really break the law if you don't get caught. Just like you sometimes get caught when you don't break the law. The world's not that simple, A.W.E.." At his last question, Austin paused and looked down at himself, his robe worn and threadbare. "I mean... I'm alright, but probably better safe than sorry." He looked around the marketplace, ignoring any strange looks the two of them might've been getting as he searched for a clothing vendor. "I'm sure there's a clothier around here somewhere..."

Mei-Lynn sat up rubbing her eyes and giving out a yawn before looking over to the other bed in the room. She shook the drowsiness and jumped up from her bed walking over to the window and looking out of it for a moment. This place was a bit strange but that was everywhere she went. Every city and town seemed to have it's own beat and rhythm pushing the people through the life veins that were the streets. 'I'm so far away from home, I think I can afford to let my guard down a bit,' she thought to herself as she examined the window with the coin placed on the seal so that it would fall if opened. She then walked quickly over to the door where a coin was also precariously placed putting it back in her pockets. She headed over to her bag in the corner trying not to make too much noise to wake her companion for another few minutes, and then walked back over to the window.

Noticing that Regalia was finally starting to wake up she sat in the window seal for a moment. "Hey sleepy head, I'm going to go see about getting some heavier winter clothing at the market. I'll be back soon. Can you order me something down stairs? I'll be back in a flash, promise!" said Mei-Lynn giving Regalia a mischievous smile before falling out the second story window and landing down on the street below. Regalia was probably used to her theatrics at this point, but it helped practicing every day practical abilities. She waited for a moment to see if Regalia appeared at the window to shout anything to her before heading to go find warmer cloths. They had put it off long enough, and they also needed to get a few other supplies like rations. She kept a swift pace, not as fast as she could go but she looked like she had lived in this city for a long time as she moved through the streets.

With a yawn Regalia wiped the crust from her eyes shifting to untuck herself from her coiled blankets, the soft mattress beckoned her stay, but the all too familiar voice of the mischievous Mei drew her further into waking. “Mornin” her voice a little hoarse from the morning groginess pulling her feet out of the covers was always the worst part of the morning. Lacing up her boots she looked over at her heavy fur coat that hung with her pack and other gear. “I think that is a good idea, it will only get coldah.” Pressing out of the bed she grabbed her coat to offer it, but Mei had already slipped out the window.

Mei!” She barked running to the window, “Yah could at least close the winda if yah aren’t goin to use the door like a normal parson.” Poking her head out the window she looks down at the monk. “Make sure it’s good qualty, don’t skimp or yah will lose yah fingars.”

Taking in a deep breath of air the dusty smell of fresh snow filled her nostrils before she drew back inside and latched the window shut. Rehanging her furs she pockets her money pouch and heading down into the main room of the inn seeking out how food and drink ordering some for her impulsive companion aswell.

Alder wakes up from his room at The Sleeping Coyote in the morning feeling refreshed, and after throwing on a couple thin layers of clothes and draping the holy symbol of Oen around his neck for everyone to see, he set off to find breakfast. His gray and black hair lay in a rats nest on top of his head, and his short beard was uneven, but his large gray feline-like eyes were sharp as ever as he entered the main room and found a table to await service. Alder noticed someone who appeared to be wearing their blanket as a cape, and his mouth opened slightly to reveal heavily yellowed and crooked teeth as he smiled. Upon close inspection the teeth would appear to be noticeably sharp, with large canines. Alder remained on his own as he watched the figure interact with an older man, and then attempted to get an employee’s attention so he could enjoy his breakfast.

Last edited:
(Description post -add to other)
Entering the tavern room Regalia did not appear to be the same hulking form as the evening prior. Her furs and many trappings granting her the majority of her bulk. While she straightened the thin tail of hair that dangled down her back, her ice blue eyes scan for an empty pair of seats. As she wanders through the hall in just her grey tunic and wool brigga. Her heavy furlined boots mismatched with the lighter attire as they clunked heavy on the floor boards. Regalia wore little jewelry only the item of sentiment around her neck the small chain disappearing into her neckline giving no clues to what it may string.

Sleeping Coyote:

"Puck, eh? Well I'm not one to say anything about a name," Scram says with a hearty chuckle, making a little note in his ledge. "Garza, that big ol' desert? I can understand why ye left, I think I'd go mad seeing nothin' but sand for miles and miles!"

Signalling at a nearby barmaid to send over another plate of food, he scratches his scraggly beard in idle thought. "Hmmm... can't say I've heard of ye, but that's more on me and the company I keep in this big ol' establishment of mine," he says, gesturing around at the lively clamor of the main room. "Folks like these only care about the next job, or the big beastie that'll give'em their next big payday. Partly why I hafta grumble the coin out of 'em sometimes," he huffs, shaking his head. "Recently some of them've been worked up about giants, of all things. Big buggers like 'em don't care about lil' buggers like you n' me."

The pale elven man at the counter hails Alder and Regalia as they each arrive in turn, handing off a drink to a patron at the same time. "Ah -- g'morning, sir and madam. Will you be havin' what the rest of 'em are, or can I get you somethin' else?" As they get closer, both of them see that the hungry adventurers are scarfing down plates of meat and eggs and potatoes, probably a special of some sort."New shipment came in, so we're makin' the most of it."

Grinning Puck nodded, "Yes, I've heard the jokes -- being one letter away from what some might consider crude language tends to shorten imagination quite a bit in the arena." Sitting up, Puck outstretched his arms with a sigh, "Ah my friend, Scram, simplifying Garza to just sand would be like viewing this town as just snow! Sure, it's everywhere of course, but the people -- the people! That's what you stay for, their admiration, their roars of approval..." Holding his chin in his hands Puck sighed happily. "While I loved it, while I lived for it, I'm destined to have my name known in more places than just Garza, so here I sit, a stranger in a soon to be no longer foreign land."

Turning to Scram he grinned, his smile only getting wider as the food arrived along with the rest of what Scram had to say. "Yes! Giants -- I caught some murmuring as I traveled here. Did you know one even visited Garza awhile back, as a patron of the arena?" Raising a hand to gesture across the air he continued, "Sadly I was, ah ... preoccupied elsewhere for the day, but I heard he flew in with a giant castle made of clouds! Throwing coin this way and that, truly lording over the fights from the sky and issuing challenge to those below!" Bringing his hand close to his chest he turned to Scram, "That is another part of why I have traveled to your cold land and proceed to freeze my tail off -- what greater challenge, what greater way to spread my name, than to fight with a Giant?"

Finally he took a bite of the warm food, humming happily before swallowing, "Problem is ..." he turned to Scram with a half smirk, "no one's sure where the bugger is! So, until then, perhaps I may be of service to your establishment. My sponsors are an ocean away, and I'll still need to sustain myself." Placing his fork down he raised a hand, "Now, I don't know what you might have heard about the fights being planned out in advance -- and I will admit some are more for the spectacle to impress -- but when money was truly on the line," Puck grinned widely, his sharper teeth visible, "I was always a safe bet."

At the call of the elven man at the counter, Alder stood and approached it while inspecting the other's plates. "That looks delicious, I'll take a plate." After passing over the required amount of coin, Alder went back towards his table, but overheard the grizzled man speak of giants and he started moving towards their table to join them out of curiosity. After a few steps, he realized that might be considered rude, so he turned back towards his original table. It wasn't more than a couple of steps before the blanket man boasted how he wanted to fight a giant that forced Alder to turn around and re-examine this person. The gray skinned man did appear to be well built, although not the tallest, Alder doubted he could really take on a giant. It was around this time that Alder realized he had been just turning in circles in the middle of the room, and quickly sat on the edge of the nearest table and began to stare directly into his food and eat.

Flint Row Market:

Mei-Lynn hears the clamor of business leading to the center of town and, not finding any other leads, decides to walk down that way. She'd notice the occasional craftsman appearing to leave their homes along Flint Row with packs or carts, prepared to peddle their wares in the most populated part of town.

In contrast to the tight streets of Tynesvar the plaza of Flint Row Market is actually quite open, the light of the overcast sky shining down upon the various market stalls and vendor carts. Unfortunately this also exposes visitors to the elements, and most shops protect themselves with a tent or some sort of covered wagon. Small handmade signs staked into the groud are written with things like "FURS AND HANDSPUN CLOTHES", "FARFIELDS FARM FRESH HARVEST", "HOT FOOD -- STEWS, BAKED, ROAST", as well as a few smaller ones that just say various forms of "OPEN TO TRADE".

To the north is a large log cabin with a cloth banner that proclaims "Rendaril's Emporium" across the front; in its shadow a more ramshackle building with a wooden sign that says "Blackiron Blades" (with "-- and general supplies" tacked under it). To the east, an old temple of worship sees some traffic in and out.

There are a few scattered campfires crackling away in the alleyways between buildings, with a handful of people around each huddling for warmth. One heavily bundled disheveled woman seems to stare in Austin's and A.W.E.'s direction for a lingering second, before quickly turning away and continuing to stoke the campfire.

Austin took in the sights around him, noting the Fur and Clothes cart until Rendaril's Emporium caught his eye. Emporium... either they're selling lame gnome statues or they might have some serious magic in there... He weighed his coin purse for a moment and frowned slightly. Clothes first. Rest can go to magic. He looked up to A.W.E. and nudged him before pointing to the cart. "Seems like that's the place ta get some better clothes. Hopefully they have a cool looking robe... whadda ya think, black? Red? Blue? Eh, we'll see what they have there." He led the way over to the cart and hopped a little in order to see over the counter. "Hey? I need some warm clothes. Hellllloooo?" He glanced behind himself to A.W.E.. "Can I get a boost?"

A.W.E. feels a little 'ping' in his core as he looks around him, spotting a woman staring at both him and Austin. Sadly a proper threat analysis couldn't be made, as the woman soon turns away from them. "We're being stared at, is my cloaking device not working properly?" Losing sight on the woman as they walk on, A.W.E. puts the thought behind him.

Responding to Austin's nudges, A.W.E. lifts his head upwards and looks towards the cart. "According to the sign in front of the cart that reads 'Furs and Handspun Clothes', I do think that's the place to get some better clothes." Joining in on Austin's excitement for robes, A.W.E. kindly replies. "I too hope that they have 'cool looking' robes. I like green." Making his way towards the counter where Austin's hopping and yelling, A.W.E. crouches down on one knee and stretches his right arm for Austin to stand on. "Boost initiated, mind your step."

Sleeping Coyote:

"Oh, you've seen one of the big buggers for yerself? I didn't realize they traveled that far, but ya never know eh?" Scram chuckles, taking a large swig out of his own waterskin as he glances around to make sure no one else was looking like trouble. "Unfortunately I can't help ye in yer search, but if you're looking for a job I might be able to oblige ya. But I'm runnin' a tight ship here, and I can't just take on someone who'll just disappear on me for their 'destiny' or some shite like that. Nor can I take on anyone who just turns out to be a loon. The guard'll take just about anyone that breathes, though."

"So like I was saying, we ought to just get out of the way as soon as possible -- head to Straecor, Usbeth, somethin'. I just don't think we're prepared to deal with any of that--" The human woman that Alder had just found himself sitting next to looks up at him with a confused look, slowly kicking her pack closer to her own seat. "Erm. Can I help you?" Her companions, a looming half-orc and a more scrawny human male look at the cleric with a hint of apprehension.

Flint Row Market:

"Your cloaking's working just fine, tin man," comments Vincent, craning his neck as the group approaches the clothier wagon. "But I bet the ol' beggar was wondering why a kid was reaching through a stomach like it was his kitchen pantry, or maybe she saw a tin man walk in and a person come out and connected the dots." He shrugs and ruffles his feathers. "Or maybe you just reminded her of her long lost son or something, who knows."

Walking up to the covered wagon and boosted up to the counter, Austin peers down to see a middle-aged halfling, toiling away on a new crocheted sweater. He finally notices there's someone waiting and jumps up. "Oh goodness gracious, where are my manners? Just a second, lad!"

He drags his stool over to the counter and hops up, so that the two were now at eye level. "Warm clothes you say? Well I certainly have lots of those, though I might have to hem them to fit your size." He rubs his chin, seeming to eyeball Austin's proportions. "Lookin' for anything in particular lad? Or your friend there, for that matter."

Continuing to eat Puck shook his head sadly, "Unfortunately I only got to hear about his visit. I was ... entertaining guests for the day on behalf of my sponsor at the time."

Adjusting the blanket around himself the tiefling nodded, "Oh I understand -- truthfully I'm unsure how long I'll stay here. May just be passing through, may become a familiar customer," he grinned. "If the Giants are common around here however, I'll likely stick around, but first..." Puck smirked as he shuddered under the blanket, "I do believe if this type of weather is what awaits me, I'll be needing some thicker clothes than what is under this sheet, and padding for between me and my armor -- metal here is not quite the warm comfort it was in Garza. As one who I expect is a pillar of the community, for what tavern owner isn't, do you have suggestions of who to trust with my coin?"

Austin made a face at Vincent as he stepped up onto A.W.E.’s arm, getting raised to counter level. “And I’m sure they’ll notice the talking owl as well. It’s fine, no one gives a crap about what we’re doing. They’re all milling around like a buncha brainless idiots talking about how their cow had twins, or some boring stuff like that.“ Directing his attention now to the halfling, he grinned. “I’m looking for robes fitting for a master of the arcane arts such as myself. Something that screams ‘unlimited magical power’, if you have it. Oh, and maybe a hat too! I lost my old one a little while back.”

“I’ll be havin te same, two orders, if yah would.” Leaning into the counter gives a smile towards to the elf, “Heard any interesting news lately?, I be lookin for te more challengin work.” Her eyes pulled away for a moment by the boystrous tiefling. Shaking her head she looks to the door hoping for the return of Mei quickly. Turning back to the elf and the offered food she listens as much as she can to the side conversation while waiting.

Mei-Lynn enters the market slowly down her pace quiet a bit to reach signs and take in the sights of the people. It was a habit she had from looking for potentially people to possibly steal from, or to keep your valuables close when passing. Most of the time there were one or two watchers that would indicate marks and she didn't plan on being one of them, and as to the previous line of thinking. Well she had promised that she wouldn't try taking anything from anyone unless they really needed to, and they hadn't had to do that since... well since she had managed to snatch Regalia's necklace. A half smile passed by her lips as she remembered how fun that day had been.

Moving at first toward the clothing stall she saw a younger boy and an older man already talking to the merchant so she decided she could check back in a moment and instead her attention was drawn towards Rendaril's Emporium. 'Hmmm. I wonder what useful doodads they might have here... Oh! I bet they have something for the weather as that they sell to foreign nobles.' She put her head up in a more imperial like demeanor as she strode towards the Emporium pushing open the door with a controlled bit of force. As she stepped stiffly into the place she gave a slow and methodical glance around the room while she searched for the owner, and only stopping her turn upon seeing the owner. She then walked up to them without another moment of hesitation.

"Excuse me, but does this shop actually sell magical items?"
she asked looking at the things nearby on the shelves, with what looked like an unimpressed demeanor. Her voice had lost the more playful demeanor that it commonly held as she asked. "I am in need of buying one of my lords a magic item for this unbearable weather. He has asked me to find something that might be suited to help him, and if he is pleased with the result he mentioned about potential investment opportunities, but I am unconvinced we'll be able to find anything like that here."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back