• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ICE - A Litrpg Urban Fantasy: OOC

Do you prefer a Discord OOC?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Azukai

Zuki
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello, this is the forum OOC for ICE.
This roleplay uses discord as its primary OOC. You can join the server below.

Discord OOC: Join the ICE - A LitRPG Urban Fantasy Discord Server!

For any players who do not wish to use Discord, all roleplay updates and announcements will be cross-posted into this thread.
I also ask all Discord players to please remember to update any non-Discord players about interactions/plans/etc.

Last edited:
And i choose the option, either way, is fine.
Also if nothing important happens, then i should have the cs ready on the 3rd of December if not sooner.
The worst part will be the appearance since I'm bad at describing that. so i will definitely find and image to be used for a general feel/look of the character with a description also.

Last edited:
As it happens,I did have a question.

Does Tattered Springs and the rest of the Corrupted Realms resemble Blue Springs,just overgrown/abandoned?

Or is it entirely "fantasy" style,just with the same layout as Blue Springs?

In the same way,what's the tech level of the Corrupted Realms,aesthetically speaking? Is there room for steampunk/magitek stylings?

As it happens,I did have a question.

Does Tattered Springs and the rest of the Corrupted Realms resemble Blue Springs,just overgrown/abandoned?

Or is it entirely "fantasy" style,just with the same layout as Blue Springs?

In the same way,what's the tech level of the Corrupted Realms,aesthetically speaking? Is there room for steampunk/magitek stylings?
A great question! So, the rest of the corrupted realms is going be an "unknown" since it's "not apart of the beta test."

The Tattered Springs, as your characters will soon find out, does in fact resemble Blue Springs in its entirety, just fantasy apocalyptic edition and broken/incomplete. For example, the over grown plants aren't always plants you would find on earth, and then the system of course.

As for the level of tech--Tattered Springs will also follow the apocalyptic-fantasy theme in that its technology will resembled long abandoned elements of modern technology. You may find an old, corroded car frame for example. So I would say there is some room for a more steam-punk/magitek stylings up front.

I will give a small tease in that, the Corrupted Realms isn't always going to feel the same as the Tattered Springs through.

Last edited:
How symmetrical will character progression be? Are all players basically going to be levelling up and gaining skills at the same time, or is there more variance, depending on how long they play the game and what they do in it?

In a similar vein, how much of the plot will be in the game vs in real life, seeing that they’re all placed inside this suspicious ass black box of a building that’s owned by the corporation?

How symmetrical will character progression be? Are all players basically going to be levelling up and gaining skills at the same time, or is there more variance, depending on how long they play the game and what they do in it?

In a similar vein, how much of the plot will be in the game vs in real life, seeing that they’re all placed inside this suspicious ass black box of a building that’s owned by the corporation?

Up front, I predict things will be fairly symmetrical for most players (unless you decide to actively avoid the game for whatever reason), but I cannot fully predict how things will go longer term. That is entirely dependent on what the players choose to do, whether they go at things solo vs. grouping, etc. Naturally, developing and finding higher level skills/loot will require more time investment on the player's parts.

As for the in-game vs real life balance--I predict things will be more-so skewed towards the game world at the start of the roleplay. This will adjust itself based on how quickly players push to uncover the mystery behind everything. The real world does have important plot points that play into the greater story, though.

I'll also add that I am not forcing everyone to be within similar power levels of each other. If you wanna "power level the game" and can do it without dying, then be my guest.
Again, it all comes down to influencing the story how you wanna influence it.

I'll also add that I am not forcing everyone to be within similar power levels of each other. If you wanna "power level the game" and can do it without dying, then be my guest.
Again, it all comes down to influencing the story how you wanna influence it.
Does this mean if we die in the game we die in real life too?

well we know that some injuries carry on from the game to the IRL.
now there question stands how much of those injuries carry on.
if its 25% of the wounds then we can live, but if its 100% well then we can surely die.

hell im still aiming for "that" build that i like to play in games.
which can be essentially described as.
Deal as much aoe damage as you can and while waiting for the cooldown run in and kill as much as you can with melee.
so i can start towards this build easily from either acolyte or scout so that's nice.

so even 100% wound transfer won't stop me from making it happen

hell im still aiming for "that" build that i like to play in games.
which can be essentially described as.
Deal as much aoe damage as you can and while waiting for the cooldown run in and kill as much as you can with melee.
so i can start towards this build easily from either acolyte or scout so that's nice.

so even 100% wound transfer won't stop me from making it happen
Duty noted.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Coalition of Champions sounds sooo ripoff-y lol. Love it. I can't help but imagine the cheaply made mobile ads with absurd story that doesn't shows the real gameplay at all, complete with random youtuber awkwardly reading a script and sharing fake giveaway codes.

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Accepted. How will Sharon feel about ICE's game design, I wonder.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Accepted as well! I gotta know though, did her friends also sign up for ICE, or did they just offer her up lol.

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe Accepted. It'll be interesting to see if Soloman's personality ends up pushes the story forward. Just make sure his smarts don't end up pushing into any meta-gaming scenarios!

Azukai Azukai I haven't nailed down some of the details yet,but Marie's friend is a nosy type. They probably signed her up just to get her moving and more interested in things after her divorce,rather than participate themselves.

We all got our things to finalize.
I added some names for some notable Ascended who will be showcased in the form of statues in tutorial area! Will eventually get around to adding more details about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back