• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Icarus

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Aron skidded to a halt when he noticed the darkness. It wasn't very bright in the area of the clinic most of the time, but it was never pitch black. He unsheathed his sword and carefully approached the door. He could barely make out where the doorway was thanks to an occasional flash of red from the emergency backup.

As Aron peered inside, he could see the silhouette of a large creature with its' head raised in the air. He moved as quickly as he could without attracting attention to himself.
Aron switched his sword to a two-handed grip, fiercely squeezing the hilt. A drop of blood fell from his right hand as he lifted his blade up high. Aron closed the distance, anticipating judgement to be delivered.

Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon
SilverFlight SilverFlight

Juniper Gael

J-Bug

June's expression sloped from an excited smile to an upturned frown. She crossed her arms as she thought, regaining a cold composure that was more akin to the J-Bug most people met.

"I suppose a down payment will do but my equipment is very high quality," She tilted her chin up with resigned complexion, "I'll have to come along. At least until I'm sure you won't shoot someone's arm off during target practice.." June started walking towards the door she had emerged from, not bothering to wait for a response. She knew what her clients wanted and she was the only one who could supply it so whether they actually went through with it was up to them. If not there would always be someone else lining up behind them.

June lead Vex down a long hallway bustling with pipes and hot steam that coughed at her pink hair as she passed. Iron doors with heavy locks were every few feet; various work stations all as crummy as the next but they housed some amazing pieces of equipment. At the end of the hallway was a staircase leading down into an unlit abyss. Upon reaching the bottom June opened a door that streamed in orange light. Through the door was a wide room with a large iron forge and fire emitting almost unbearable heat. June's exposed shoulders immediately began to glisten with sweat. She swatted the air in front of her fanning herself and apologizing to her guest,

"I'm sorry for the suffocating heat. I don't normally leave the door closed but I left in a bit of a rush." June paced over to a long table with a sheet draped over it's surface. In one swoop she yanked it off to reveal her newest creations of varying sizes. She wasn't too proud of their end result as they weren't as pretty as she anticipated but they packed a punch.

"Alright lemme' introduce you," June started at one end of the table, "We got the Echo Mark IV. It's a heat seeking double barrel mini bomber. Very explosive considering it's size is smaller than the average launcher but concealable. Moving on we have the Gyrojet pistol with non-lethal net rounds. It catches targets with a net made of gold. I know what you're thinking, gold? Really? Yes, gold - gold is highly conductive, biocompatible, chemically inert, not readily oxidized and stretchy. We can talk about the ethics of gold being too valuable to use on targets later, for now it's an available metal that fits the criteria for safe capture."

June sighed, trying to catch her breath for the finale, "Lastly, we have my newest and most advantageous gun, the Risk Runner. Our bodies have a wonderful things called kinetic energy in our muscles. Risk Runner fires off cyberkinetic energy and when you're hit with kinetic or cyberkinetic energy Risk Runner can reload it's chamber with the energy absorbed. Think of it as a double edged sword - if I punch you while you're holding this gun you will gain a bullet in the chamber. It's what I'd call a [/i]plan B[/i]."

"All in all these are prototypes. I have the specs for all of them so I'm willing to part with them but I'm coming along in case they misfire or need some additional calibration."

SilverFlight SilverFlight

code by ditto

June's expression sloped from an excited smile to an upturned frown. She crossed her arms as she thought, regaining a cold composure that was more akin to the J-Bug most people met.

"I suppose a down payment will do but my equipment is very high quality," She tilted her chin up with resigned complexion, "I'll have to come along. At least until I'm sure you won't shoot someone's arm off during target practice.." June started walking towards the door she had emerged from, not bothering to wait for a response. She knew what her clients wanted and she was the only one who could supply it so whether they actually went through with it was up to them. If not there would always be someone else lining up behind them.

June lead Vex down a long hallway bustling with pipes and hot steam that coughed at her pink hair as she passed. Iron doors with heavy locks were every few feet; various work stations all as crummy as the next but they housed some amazing pieces of equipment. At the end of the hallway was a staircase leading down into an unlit abyss. Upon reaching the bottom June opened a door that streamed in orange light. Through the door was a wide room with a large iron forge and fire emitting almost unbearable heat. June's exposed shoulders immediately began to glisten with sweat. She swatted the air in front of her fanning herself and apologizing to her guest,

"I'm sorry for the suffocating heat. I don't normally leave the door closed but I left in a bit of a rush." June paced over to a long table with a sheet draped over it's surface. In one swoop she yanked it off to reveal her newest creations of varying sizes. She wasn't too proud of their end result as they weren't as pretty as she anticipated but they packed a punch.

"Alright lemme' introduce you," June started at one end of the table, "We got the Echo Mark IV. It's a heat seeking double barrel mini bomber. Very explosive considering it's size is smaller than the average launcher but concealable. Moving on we have the Gyrojet pistol with non-lethal net rounds. It catches targets with a net made of gold. I know what you're thinking, gold? Really? Yes, gold - gold is highly conductive, biocompatible, chemically inert, not readily oxidized and stretchy. We can talk about the ethics of gold being too valuable to use on targets later, for now it's an available metal that fits the criteria for safe capture."

June sighed, trying to catch her breath for the finale, "Lastly, we have my newest and most advantageous gun, the Risk Runner. Our bodies have a wonderful things called kinetic energy in our muscles. Risk Runner fires off cyberkinetic energy and when you're hit with kinetic or cyberkinetic energy Risk Runner can reload it's chamber with the energy absorbed. Think of it as a double edged sword - if I punch you while you're holding this gun you will gain a bullet in the chamber. It's what I'd call a [/i]plan B[/i]."

"All in all these are prototypes. I have the specs for all of them so I'm willing to part with them but I'm coming along in case they misfire or need some additional calibration."

He had set himself up in a nice, defensible corner, somewhere out of the way from any traffic that might be going in and out of lowtown. Back to the wall, eyes on the people who might be keeping eyes on him. The shotgun sat loosely in its holster and the shield was held casually. Casually in front of most of his body in case someone decided to open fire. Luckily, his vigilance wasn’t needed for long as one of his new partners showed up and he rejoined the team. Michael quickly noticed that not everyone had decided to follow up on their initial grouping. Too bad, some of them seemed quite skilled.

“All geared up and good to go.” He patted his trusted shotgun. As Riley put forth the plan, Michael nodded and was blissfully unaware of any smells related to lowtown as the giant gates opened. “So are we scouting ahead then? Until everyone else can join us?” He made sure not to make his steps too big as he was sure it would be a bit of a jog for the others to keep pace with him in full march mode. He took a look at the holo map as Riley presented it to him. “Sorry, never been, don’t know it.”

Luckily, the marksman seemed to know the place, which made Michael feel a little better about all of this. Whatever they were hunting had drawn a massive crowd of hunters, which meant a lot of competition and, usually, also a dangerous target. “You take the lead then but let me know when we’re getting close to the clinic and I’ll take point from there. No point in anyone taking any bullets for me.”

Their walk was mostly quiet and Michael could appreciate how serious everyone in his group was taking this bounty. Their first chance at some teamwork came in the form of two heat signatures around a corner. Michael immediately stepped forward so he’d be the first to meet them, in case things didn’t pan out, and waited for the others to follow Riley’s orders before doing so himself. His shield was up, ready to absorb any attacks, and the shotgun was aimed right at the street corner for whatever or whomever decided to round it first.

wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta SilverFlight SilverFlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back