[IC]The Cursed Hotel

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]Let’s just start…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]THE CURSED HOTEL (Day 1)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Leaning against the steps that led up to the entrance of a white, private jet, the pilot fiddled with his hat while he waited for his assigned passengers: Students from Death Weapon Meister Academy—or so he’d been told. Placing the cap back over his blonde hair, blue eyes traveled across the landing area of Death City Airport. There were a few aircrafts here and there, having flights scheduled today, but for the most part, there was a lot of empty space. A majority of the planes seemed to be nestled in their hangers, marked by skull symbols to represent the grim reaper.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]His aircraft was no different. Drawing a lighter and a cigarette from his pocket, the pilot stuck the rod between his lips and lit the end. Then he re-pocketed the lighter. Catching the cigarette between two fingers, the pilot exhaled a wisp of smoke. His eyes were closed as he enjoyed a moment of relaxation before he would once again be back in the air. Most of the flight preparations have been completed.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Departure time was 9 am.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Destination—Lancashire, England.[/SIZE]

Delta-Private-Jets3.jpg

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Hmm~I wonder what the students will be like,”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Duck Notes:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] All students that accepted the mission were given one-way tickets aboard a private jet headed for Lancashire, England. Those still interested should board the jet.   [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@SpicyWatterson-Kun[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@Deadeyelee[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@DaughterofAthena[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@The One Eyed Bandit[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@TheWeirdPhilosopher[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@T h e F o o l[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayce Hammerkin

[SIZE=14.6667px]It had been a while since he’d been on any prominent missions. While he didn’t know for certain, Jacye was quite sure that the fact that a private plane was involved meant that this mission was fairly prominent. Lord Death usually didn’t send students that far away for [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]just anything[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px], after all. At least, Jayce had never heard of him doing such a thing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]As Jayce approached the plane, he looked around him, hoping to see Felix somewhere in the area. He didn’t want to run into any of the other students without having his partner around because the others likely weren’t going to be happy to have Jayce along on the mission and he felt slightly safer with someone who knew him in the area… someone who trusted him. Then again, Jayce still hadn’t mentioned to the meister why he was looked down upon. Or did he know? Jayce didn’t really pay attention to how rumors moved within the school so it was quite possible that Felix was aware. He almost hoped that he was simply because then Jayce wouldn’t have to figure out a way to tell the tale without being sucked into a panic attack. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Seeing the man waiting on the plane, Jayce decided that standing around really didn’t do him any good. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“You’re the plane taking DWMA students to Lancashire, correct?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Getting on the wrong plane certainly wouldn’t do him any good. [/SIZE]

@QuirkyAngel

Felix

Lancashire huh? If Felix remembered correctly, that was north of Blackburn. He’d had a tournament there, though he didn’t remember much of it outside the tournament itself, and the cold and gloomy weather. Though, now exposed to the arid desert and oppressive heat of Death Valley, a spot of rain and cold would be a welcome change. He reverently folded his two of his favorite fitted shirts, recently pressed with special attention payed to the collars, and slid a few sets of cufflinks into the top one’s breast pocket, before placing them gently in a thin leather briefcase, topping it off. He shouldn’t need any more than that for one plane ride. He’d buy more in England if he needed too, because he’d be damned if he was caught lugging around a suitcase. It was unthinkably tacky for someone like him. Felix flipped the lid closed, and clicked the brass fasteners, tucking it under his arm. It was time to go.

The ride to Death City Airport was an uneventful one, sadly. Felix was easily bored, and even on his beloved scooter, time seemed to pass too slow. When he finally arrived on the tarmac, he was pleased to see his partner was already there. He carried the aforementioned briefcase in one hand, and a larger bit of old fashioned luggage, that contained his full tea set, and toiletries. Not to mention, he looked like a regular jet setter, with designer Italian sunglasses and a slick tailored suit modified to fit DWMA dress code. Still, just because the boy looked the part, doesn’t mean he always acted it. He raised his briefcase, waving it around. “JAAAAAAAAAAAYCEEEEE!” He called with a big dumb smile, before taking off at a run to envelope him in a hug. “Aren’t you excited?! We’re going somewhere civilized for a mission! And it’s my first real mission! And it’s going to be great-“ He backs off, suddenly horrified that he might have crossed too many social boundaries. Prior experience had taught him of Cultural differences and personal preferences to physical contact and friendly affection. Like the Japan incident. Oh gods the Japan incident. Felix's fair face turns an uncharacteristic red, and he picks at his white gloves. 

@QuirkyAngel
@DaughterofAthena

UNDINE ISLE (Dine Isle)

Undine was a lot more excited than she was when eating out at a buffet last night. Being in NOT classes, had made her miss out on the majority of the missions that had happened throughout the school year, along with her being an "unpredictable factor" and "a risk that they couldn't take" Psh, as if. When it came down to it, she was a focused as ever! Unless food was involved...Or something happened with Aoi. If her weapon was in danger, it didn't who or what she was dealing with, he came as first priority.  It's what friends do.

She trekked slowly over to the area where they would be boarding the plane, looking curiously at the others who had already arrived. Oh, there was that Jayce kid. Didn't she speak to him one day? Ice cream social! Yeah, that's when, because she'd eaten enough ice cream to give Aoi a heart attack, and she may or may not have fallen in a puddle of blood. Not that she cared or really wanted to remember, the only highlight of that day for her was ice cream; food was typically the highlight of her day, but today just so happened to be an exception.

"Did I really get here before Aoi, and for a mission ?" Undine stared in mortification at her environment, questioning life. "This is why going to bed on time is a bad thing." She let a slight huff and walked closer to the plane, sitting cross-legged on the ground as she waited."I don't like this... He better get here soon..." Undine glanced up at the pilot looking with furrowed eyebrows at the cigarette in his hand. "Smoking kills, you know. Also, if you're going to work for a place like the DWMA, don't you think it would make more sense to keep physically healthy, and not blackening your lungs?" She asked curiously.

@QuirkyAngel

@J e s t e r

@DaughterofAthena

[SIZE=26.666666666666664px]Jayce Hammerkin[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Jayce was definitely a bit taken off guard when he heard his name screamed out loudly. He jumped more than a little bit and then he turned to find the source of the voice. He couldn’t hide his surprise at seeing Felix either. Jayce hadn’t quite been under the impression that Felix was capable of such enthusiasm and his own expression showed it as he watched his meister charge towards him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Uhm…”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] he managed to mutter hesitantly before Felix crashed into him. He wasn’t quite sure about this whole situation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Remaining uncomfortable but tolerant of the embrace for as long as it lasted, Jayce endured it. His expression of surprise and discomfort dwelled upon his face as he started to take a step back and give himself a little more space. Then he thought better of it. Perhaps stepping away from his new partner was not a good idea. It was a potential for friendship - a friendship he had been seeking for ages - and for him to step back would possibly ruin the situation. Jayce was clearly hesitant, though. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Uhm… yeah,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]he finally replied. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I mean… yes. I am excited to go on a mission. I’m sure it’ll be fun!”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]His later hesitance didn’t come from his discomfort at being hugged. Jayce wasn’t quite going to let that discomfort carry him on. Rather, Jayce’s anxiety came from the fact that this was most definitely not his first real mission. In fact, the last one that he had been on was a complete and total failure. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I… I haven’t been on a mission in quite a while.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Therefore, he was actually quite ok with the sound of someone else yelling around and catching his attention. Jayce’s eyes turned to look at Undine and that was a person he could step back from without feeling as though it would mean too much. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I don’t think it does much good for us to be making the pilot angry with us,” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Jayce commented to the newcomer. [/SIZE]

@TheWeirdPhilosopher @Deadeyelee @J e s t e r @QuirkyAngel @SpicyWatterson-Kun @The One Eyed Bandit

Aoi Asuka

Aoi pretty much couldn't get a wink of rest last night, he was too pepped up and was rapidly having anxiety attacks when imagining if he did something wrong and made Undine and the other students fail the mission. He had gotten ready in a rush, realizing that he was 'late for being early' and realized some people might have been there waiting for him who were also eager for the mission, leaving his hairbands behind, his blue hair instead going down just below his shoulders. 

When he walked up the staircase to the plane he realized that Undine had already arrived, hearing her voice scolding the pilot and another's scolding her for scolding the pilot. He had a mixture of being proud of Undine for being on time and before him, as well as some shame for coming after his meister. "Sorry for making you all wait. Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry..." After his seventh apology, he looked up at the group as a whole one of them whom he felt a tinge of guilt towards, quickly remembering the student from the Ice Cream Social (Where Undine should have gotten diabetes if it wasn't for her 'second stomach' for sweets.)  "Oh... I apologize for my meister's behavior from before. Sorry, Sorry, Sorry." He stopped himself again, although he ended up apologizing four times.  "Sorry for asking you for help, and sorry for apologizing so late, sorry again." The weapon hesitant to say the dead body, probably bringing up more memories than he would hope not to remember. "Sorry, I apologized too much didn't I." He said wincing at his bad habits.

He turned to face the pilot who was smoking, Aoi going into overdrive with him seeing someone breathing poison. He pretty much ran at the pilot, "Stop smoking," He commanded, the almost timid and sheepish person who was with them just a few moments ago leaving for the almost motherly person before them. "How long have you been smoking? How many times have you actually tried to quit? Did you try therapy? How about nicotine gum and patches? Here... I think I can get some before we leave. Throw it away in an ashtray, think about how many years you are losing with your family or with yourself. Do you want your kids to pick up your bad habit and pass it off to your grandkids, don't you want to see that too." The rant and scolding about smoking could have gone on further if he didn't need to breathe, which he almost forgot if it wasn't for the burning sensation inside of his chest.

@TheWeirdPhilosopher @DaughterofAthena @QuirkyAngel

Felix

"Oh, I figured." The French boy smiled softly at Jayce, before scowling. and snapping his fingers  at those who were reprimanding the pilot. He naturally put on his best air of authority, a practiced skill meant for statecraft, and the leading of men. "He's a grown adult. He can make his own decisions about his health and personal habits, without a bunch of ankle-biters harassing him. However, If you're going to be upset with him, be upset with him for risking damage to the precious avionics equipment in the cockpit. Those smoke particles get everywhere. That's why it's against avionics guidelines. You're also depreciating the value of the plane, and if you're working charter, the accountants are gonna take it out of your paycheck. There's a pilot's lounge for a reason. Don't put your passengers at risk over a habit. Not to mention it's a shame to damage a machine as beautiful as this." He briefly dazes out as he fantasizes about making rudder and yaw adjustments. Taking apart and putting back together the engines. Playing with fuel mixes... 

He blinks and counts aloud the heads. "Who are we missing? We've got two girls, two guys...So an entire team hasn't shown their head. That's no good. We should at least load our bags." Jayce would suddenly find his bags hoisted by the young Miester, though it's obviously physically straining. It's a matter of pride. Felix would rather die than appear weak before Jayce. He liked this kid. A lot. He wasn't sure why. He'd heard his story. It was indeed a sad one. But he didn't understand the stigma behind it. When people fight, unexpected things happen. Books had stories galore about unexpected cavalry charges, ambushes, betrayals, and misinformation. Granted, Felix would also wouldn't dream of making such a mistake. "Let's talk mission. We're headed to England, to a hotel with a bit of pomp and circumstance. Let us not forget that we are not only representing the DWMA, but Lord Death himself." He turned to look down as he bounded up the steps. "First priority should be getting to know one another. Weaknesses and Strengths. So that we can mesh as a unit and cover our gaps. I'm Mattias O'Fleur, though you can call me Felix. Or if you want to get official, Napolean."

Ha...

Late. Latelatelatelate! As always, Konoba was running late, and as always, she was doing so quite literally. That is to say, she was dashing to her destination, full speed and all. A normal sight for anyone who'd been around the girl long enough to know her, but, unfortunately, nobody in this town had really gotten to that point yet. So she was attracting her fair share of stares.

And angry yells.

Apparently, crowds still had some kind of concept of personal space in Death City.

Of course, though, Konoba paid little heed to whichever man or woman was being offended by her invasive push through the crowd she'd been caught in, only calling back a torrent of late excuse me's and early sorry's without breaking her pace in the slightest. All in all, the way she saw it, that just wasn't possible. Not physically possible! A plane awaited her, bound directly for a haunted hotel in England! How could her body resist pushing its way forward with all the might it could? The easy answer, she thought, was that it couldn't. Though the actual answer was that it probably could, and she was just irresponsible and rude. But she was much too... Well, irresponsible and rude to pay those thoughts any heed. At least, she would be until her eyes finally caught sight of the airport, she paid enough heed to those thoughts to disregard them entirely, and her legs broke into an even faster dash than before. In what could scarcely be called moments, her feet hit the runway, and her voice rang down it in a borderline deafening yell. 

"Heyyyy!" One hand wound tightly around her bag, and the other shot right up into the sky, Konoba waved down the runway. "Am I late? I'm late aren't I?" Only slowing once she reached the rear end of the plane, the girl showed no intent of apologizing. "Konoba Tetsuo! NOT Class, Year One, Second Week! Reporting for duty! Are you guys my seniors? I'll be looking forward to working with you! Or under you. Whichever you prefer!" Accompanying the girl's usual barrage of questions and off the top of her head thoughts, Konoba took it upon herself to take a stroll around her teammates, giving them a not-so-subtle look over.

"Are you guys excited about this? Because I really, really am! A haunted hotel! Can you believe that? It's just like a movie! Busting ghosts, saving the day... Do you think we can get costumes?" As usual, Konoba's speech quickly began to spin off into the realm of the irrelevant. And as usual, she didn't mind at all.

The only thing that crossed her mind, was just how much fun she was having.

By the time the French boy was talking about Avionic guidelines, the pilot had dropped his cigarette to the ground and stepped on it, putting it out the smoking stick. Then he then he held out his empty hands in a defensive manner as if to say: ‘Look! See? It’s gone.’ He would have probably put it out earlier, when the first one arrived,  if he hadn’t been surprised by the sudden outbursts of his kiddie passengers. 

A boy who a appeared normal albeit a bit nervous. An excite-able French boy with something to prove. A logic oriented girl who didn’t seem to like the fact that he was smoking. And a feminine boy who was a probably a bit too caring for his own good. Fascinating. The pilot coughed, casting his eyes over the four students present. Two still hadn’t shown.

“Ah~I apologize for endangering your lives with my vice,” His accent was noticeably British. The pilot smiled sheepishly. “Working for Lord Death, your lives are in enough danger as it is. Rest assured, I won’t be smoking in my plane—so you certainly don’t need to worry about risk while we’re in flight."

e0073effc88770f871734ee4ea144cc5.jpg

"My name is Frank Taylor."

"I’ve been smoking on and off since college. I’ve never tried quitting, or therapy for that matter, and have no plans of stopping any time soon…though I wouldn’t mind the gum. ” The last comment was said with an amused glance towards the feminine boy. “I do have children you see and I try not to smoke around them , but…,” Frank shrugged. “I can’t say I always do what makes the most sense."

Drawing his eyes towards the French one—who seemed to have some leader-ish qualities—Frank smiled. “I glad you like my craft, Mr. O’Fluer. Had her for nearly 5 years now. You seem to know quite a bit about pilots and planes. That’s good. Though, my contract with DWMA is a bit different than a normal pilot’s so there’s really no need to worry about my paycheck.”

The pilot waved his hand at the open entrance and staircase that led into the plane. “Feel free to board the plane, talk, make plans, have a biscuit, or do whatever it is you meisters and weapons do best until the last two show up. So long as you don’t break anything or make too much of a mess, we’re good. If you need any help let me know. We're supposed to depart at nine.”

Frank checked his watch. “But you kids are my only passengers today so I can wait a bit longer I suppose…”

"Heyyyy!"

Frank turned to face the newest arrival as she dashed towards them, his eyebrow raised. NOT student? What was Death doing sending NOT students on a mission? Frank shook his head and folded his arms across his chest. It really wasn’t his place to question Lord Death. He only had to take the ‘kids’ where they needed to be. Simple as that. The pilot rested his head against the plane. No smoking while the kids were around. Joy.  “One more to go. Then we’re off to Merry ol’ England.”  

@DaughterofAthena

@Deadeyelee

@TheWeirdPhilosopher

@J e s t e r

@The One Eyed Bandit

Duck Notes: And with that the first of your npcs has been introduced.

Neil Cyclamen

“One more to go. Then we’re off to Merry ol’ England.”

Neil's fingers twitched. What...what was that feeling? Eyes slowly opening, he sat up and yawned, stretching his sore back. He squinted his eyes a little at the light that shined his eyes and turned to the source, dark skin illuminated by a TV with the words 'Level Completed' all in green. Confused, Neil turned from the TV and looked around his room, It's wallpaper, dresser, bed, and many more colored pure pink. Around him, there were multiple candy wrappers and soda cans around him. After awhile, he finally came to the conclusion that he just fell asleep while playing his new game 'Kishin Hunter 2', An RPG where you could create a charachter who's new to a school that fights things like monster and witches...Why did it feel like he was forgetting something? Shrugging, Neil stood up and was about to walk out his room, yet soon tripped with a yelp and landed face first onto the floor. Groaning, he got up and looked at what tripped him, raising an eyebrow at the Pink suitcase next to his bed...what? Why was that there...and how come that forgetting feeling was even stronger now?! Neil sighed and got up before moving downstairs. Oh, well. He'd figure out later. For now, he needed some breakfast. Moving through the Living room to the kitchen, he lazily opened the pantry and got a box of Cereal. Yawning, he grabbed a bowl and a spoon and poured the cereal, eyes nearly closing. Man. He knew Level 5 would take all night! It didn't help his Avatar was weak to witches AND Kishin warriors! Good thing he had a Ninja on his team. Realizing he wasn't paying attention to the cereal anymore, he snapped his eyes open and looked around wildly. Looking down at the bowl, he realized his Bowl was flooding with Sugar-injected cereal! He dumped some back in the box with a grumble and moved to the fridge. After opening it and grabbing the milk, he closed the fridge...yet found a note. Taking it off, he read it.

Dear Neil, I'm off to work! I hope you have a Nice flight! GOOD LUCK!

-Belle

Neil smiled. Belle was the best legal guardian he could ask for. In fact, it was safe to say she was the best MOM he could ask for! Better than his old one...shaking his head, he gave the note an odd look and tilted it a bit. But...Nice Flight? Good luck? What did she mean? Confused, he instinctively looked at the calendar. On it, there was a large red circle around a certain date. But what made him blink in realization was the fact there were the words "NEIL'S FIRST MISSION!" written in red....He looked at the time...OH YEAH!

He was late to the flight for his first mission.

Smiling at himself due to the fact he finally remembered, he moved back to the table and poured his milk. With a satisfied nod, he put the milk back and sat down in his chair, putting the first bite of ceral in his mouth with glee. He hummed at the flavor.

Delicious...

HOLY DWARF WEARING A CAPE, HE WAS LATE!

Suitcase in hand and clothes now replacing his pajamas, he ran his way to the airport. On his way there, he jumped over various boxes and other stray objects in his way. That's the last time he decided to play 'One game' the day before the mis-Oh who was he kidding? He'd probably do it again. But still! He was gonna go on his first cool adventure here at death city and he was late?! How could a level 30 meister in Kishin hunter do this to himself?! He wondered what his partner was thinking right now...Konoba. The first time they met, it was at the mission board. She'd had called out loud for a Weapon, and since Neil was there, he thought he might as well introduce himself. He even made an awesome joke!

"Trust me, you'll want me as a Partner. I'm a pretty sharp kid, if I do say so myself!"

Neil grinned, remembering those words. Genius. Pure utter Genius.! He jumped over another Box and slid under a hotdog cart. The two had hit it off quite well, from what he could tell! She wasn't as stuffy or uptight as most of the people he'd seen hanging around the DWMA, so that was a plus! And maybe she'd help him figure out this weapon thing! Neil overheard it somewhere that you had to match wavelengths or something, but that sounded ridiculous, even for him! Why would they need to measure waves of the Ocean?! Death city was covered in a desert so huge, someone could get lost in it! Maybe it was just code for something?! Before he could ponder on this, he gasped! The Airport! He was finally here! Looking at the private plane, his eyes spotted the group of students and the pilot next to it! Running over to them, he dropped his suitcase and put his hands on his knees. "Sorry...overslept...time flew by...had to wing it here...Whew. Boy, I'm tired!" Neil panted. He gave a weak mock salute. "Yo...Name's Neil!" Neil breathed out, finally standing and giving everyone a big grin. He looked at Konoba with sparkling eyes. "Man! This is gonna be RAD! We're gonna be catching ghosts! Now, all we need is a Cool team name and a talking dog and we'll be set!" He cupped his chin. "I'm thinkin' 'Ghost Squad', but that would make us look like the ghosts. 'The Ghost-Catching Buds' Crossed my mind a few times, but we need something more hardcore...AHA!" He snapped his fingers and pointed at Konoba with an even bigger grin. "The Specter Arresters! Yeah!" 

Oh, how fun this would be!

@The One Eyed Bandit @J e s t e r @Deadeyelee @TheWeirdPhilosopher @DaughterofAthena @QuirkyAngel

[SIZE= 26px]Undine Isle[/SIZE]

Undine made a face at Aoi standing up from the ground, making a point of taking a minute of brushing herself off before speaking so that he would have to wait to hear what she was going to say.

"Hey! You played just as much of a part in freaking him out as I did, so why are you only apologizing for my behaviour?" She walked over to Aoi, gently tugging him away from the pilot. Knowing that if he even stayed near where the smoke from the cigarette was, he'd most likely hyperventilate or pass out, and make the both of them of absolutely no use to the mission.

That was so not happening.

Undine grasped her weapon's shoulders and pushed him onto the plane, handing him their bags so he could put them where he saw fit.

"Honestly, I don't see what was so wrong with asking for help, or why you act like it's so taboo to mention. Bodies are hard to carry, ad it's not like we're the ones who offed the teacher. We were just trying to get their body out of the scene of chaos; although, that could have waited, now that I think about it, but should've, could've, would've, right Aoi?" 

She would have continued on with her meaningless rambling, but something that the French boy with Jayce had said something that caught her attention.

"Napoleon" She echoed as her mind instantly drifting over to a topic she never seemed to get sick of. "Ooh! Like the ice cream... Hopefully this hotel will have ice cream. Food is the ultimate motivator for any Isle."

She couldn't exaggerate about this if she wanted to. The Isle's were not only known for their talent in -typically- the medical field, but for their insatiable appetite. 

"Nice to make your acquaintance Frank Taylor..." Undine trailed off staring at Konoba as she walked around her. She assumed the two of them must have a class together since they were both NOT students, but Undine wasn't the best at recalling faces so she wasn't going to dwell to hard on it. Class time for Undine was typically meaningless tasks to keep Dine entertained, time. 

"Is this hotel really haunted, or will this turn out to be a hoax where we tie people up and exclaim 'Jeepers'!"

Jayce Hammerkin

Jayce really struggled not to turn away from Aoi when the student started apologizing for what had happened back in the summer semester. He really didn’t want to remember it. All it brought was a feeling of uselessness because he had been useless in that whole situation and now he wasn’t going to be useless anymore. He had a partner and that partner knew how to wield him as a weapon and that partner… he had to sigh as he realized it… still didn’t know the whole reason why Jayce had been partnerless in the first place. He was afraid to say anything. He was afraid to be labeled a coward by even more students at the academy.

However, when Aoi started scolding the pilot with information the man probably already knew, Jayce had to wonder about the student. Both Aoi and Undine had always struck Jayce as some of the odd ones out and he wasn’t sure what to think about that. While Jayce himself had never actually been called odd, he was excluded in the same manner that the “odd ones” would be.

“The team will be here,” Jayce did mention to Felix, though. “I’ve never been on a mission where someone didn’t show up.” That was one thing he had noticed in his many years as a student. Everyone who attended respected Lord Death enough to make it to things of importance.

Even as he said it, another person ran in and Jayce watched her. She was another unfamiliar face to him which had to mean she was either a NOT student or as new as new could possibly be… or both. That was good for him. It meant she wouldn’t know the story and it meant he didn’t have to rush in telling Felix either. There was something else that caught his attention about Konoba, though. The way she seemed so excited about the mission they were going on was familiar to him. It reminded him of Kyrstan and he wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Jayce could only imagine that he would find out eventually, though.

For now, he just waved.

Their pilot seemed to be fairly down to earth which was something Jayce could respect. He nodded when Frank invited them on board and he grabbed his bag of things ready to settle in for the trip. “Anyone else coming?” he asked to the students who were there. He would wait a moment and then find himself waiting yet another as another student joined them. Once again, the excitement was just like… wait… it was an odd situation. When Jayce had went on his first mission, the one that had destroyed him internally, he had been just as excited as Neil was. He couldn’t help but wonder if that didn’t bode well for Neil and Konoba although he said nothing about it.

Turning to walk on board the plane, he heard Undine’s question and he considered for a moment. “I guess we’re going to find out.”

@Deadeyelee @The One Eyed Bandit @TheWeirdPhilosopher @J e s t e r @QuirkyAngel @SpicyWatterson-Kun

Linus Wargrave

Ah, please, one moment.

A voice, not loud enough to be piercing, yet not soft enough not to be heard from across the runway, called out. The source of it was a young man bearing a brown suitcase in one hand, and in the other, an unassuming cast that bound it up to the elbow. Scuff marks dirtied his right cheek, and the smudges on his cast were a clear implication that he had tried to rub the marks away with his broken arm. His heels clicked audibly with every step as he approached the plane, his slightly mussed hair waving about in the breeze. All things considered, he seemed as if he had been in a fight or had fallen down a few flights of stairs or so.

To anyone else, being pushed aside in a crowd until they fell flat on their face and earning about a few shoe marks on their finest vest would have been a harrowing experience. For Linus Wargrave, however, the fact that someone had been able to literally move him was an event worth celebrating. The pain from the scrape on his elbow was nothing compared to the exhilaration of having been pushed. He had quickly recovered, ‘quickly’ being relative, but by the time he had, his prospective meister had already vanished into the crowd, leaving a wake of dazed persons as he or she carved his or her way through. At least, Linus thought, he or she left a path for him to follow, and it seemed to lead to the runway, where, coincidentally, was where he was headed.

And now that he was here, late beyond belief, he studied those who had gathered in front of the plane, the same non-committal nonchalance he was known for amongst his peers plastered upon his face. Surely, one of those standing here was his destined partner.

He took a shallow bow, and smiled warmly to the congregation. “It’s a pleasure to be going on this mission with you all. My name is Linus Wargrave. I’d shake your hands, but alas,” he raised his cast and his suitcase, “I seem to be quite burdened at the moment.” He gave a short, jovial laugh, and swung his suitcase in the direction of the aircraft. “Well then, shall we?

If one was paying any attention on the short glimpses of his eyes, they would have noticed that they lingered more often on the two other latecomers. Perhaps he was just admiring the red flushes on their faces. Or perhaps...

[SIZE=34.666666666666664px]Jayce Hammerkin[/SIZE]

As he was heading onto the plane, halfway up the ramp and pulling his suitcase along with him, Jayce heard the final member of their team coming in to join them. The weapon briefly turned around and faced the team again for a moment, honestly surprised that none of them were following him. He took the time to nod to Linus and introduce himself. “No worries. I think we’re all a bit burdened at the moment,” he said, gesturing towards his own hand on his suitcase. “I’m Jayce, by the way. EAT weapon… Felix is my meister.”

After a moment’s pause, he continued. “Yes, I do think we should get moving. It would be rude of us to keep these people waiting longer than we need to. As long as they are haunted, they are losing business and that can cause a lot of damage.”

Without a further moment’s delay, Jayce waved his head, gesturing for everyone else to follow him along and onto the plane. He didn’t look behind him again. He just got onto the plane, put his suitcase up in the overhead compartment, and then he slid into a window seat.

@simj22 @The One Eyed Bandit @SpicyWatterson-Kun @Deadeyelee @QuirkyAngel @TheWeirdPhilosopher @J e s t e r

Konoba Tetsuo

"Ah! What a farce!" Whether it was polite or rude, Konoba wasn't sure, but within the moment of spotting poor Linus's cast, she'd already made a move for his bag. "Can you believe it!? A place like this making a man with a broken arm carry around his own bags!? What a shame! A handshake is a man's honor, to take it from him is...!" Her face cast into a grimace, Konoba's hand shot out towards the- as far a she knew- wounded boy, wresting the suitcase from his grasp and into her own. "Luckily, though, I'm not a man!" Both her hands now full, and her walk now a little more labored, the girl marched towards the plane with little concern for whatever complaints the boy might happen to have, her mind already turned to thoughts of the trip ahead.

"OK! Pinky, let's go! Forget respecting our seniors, I want a seat at the back! I wanna feel this thing moooovvveeeee!" Speaking over her shoulder, Konoba rushed onto the plane, hers, and Linus's bags banging against every seat they could managed as she made her way down the isle. The moment she'd made it as far back as she could, the bags found themselves flung above her head, apparently condemning the boy to either take a seat nearby, or fetch the thing from its would-be kidnapper.

Konoba, however, had little worry for such things, her eyes already fixed against the window, pressed up against the glass coupled with the stupidest smile her face could muster, excitedly beckoning for whichever stragglers still hung outside the plane to-

"Hurry up!" A yell escaped her lips, ringing only through the cockpit of the plane to bother Jayce, the pilot, and anyone else who was skulking about.

Though, never to be deterred, Konoba seemed more than ready to repeat herself if everyone didn't find their way on...

Immediately.

NEIL CYCLAMEN

Neil blinked at his team, scratching his head at the newest arrival. Something deep, deep, deep down in his mind told him that Linus being here was a bit...odd. And not in the good way...maybe? Neil looked around and counted the team in twos. Each of them, including him and Konoba, were pairs. So...? He looked at Linus. Where did he come from? Neil just shook his head and looked at the guy that introduced himself to Linus, frowning a bit at his tone and words. Something about him seemed...off. Kinda distant. He didn't look all that boring, so the chances of him just being snobbish wasn't possible. He shrugged it off and rubbed his eyes. He was probably still a little groggy. Watching Jayce board, the plane, he wordlessly turned to Konoba and couldn't help but snicker at her rant. Yeah, having a broken arm did suck. Neil considered help Linus with his bags, but he could only snicker and laugh as Konoba just snatched the bags and took off. Man. She was a Hoot!

"Co-Coming!" Neil Guffawed as he slowly followed her, bags in his hand. He looked over his shoulder and winked at Linus. "Better hurry up, Pal! Don't want the plane-and your bags-to take off without ya!" He said with a wave of his arm. Making his way in the plane, he managed to keep up with Konoba's fast walking. He sat in the seat next to her, sighing in leaning back as she stared out the window. He'd never been on a plane before. It'd probably be the same as riding in a car, though. Only in the sky. Grabbing his suitcase, he flicked it open and dug around inside before pulling out his most prized possession: A pink 3ds with white buttons, looking as if it had just been taken out the box due to its clean and pristine nature. His eyes twinkled and he squirmed in his seat to get comfy before flipping open the 3ds and starting it up, grinning at all the choices he'd downloaded.

@The One Eyed Bandit @simj22 @DaughterofAthena

Linus Wargrave

"But I do prote--" he started, then trailed off slowly when he had his bags unceremoniously snatched away from his hands, and the snatcher marching off towards the ready aircraft. He sighed audibly and ran a hand through his hair, smoothing it down neatly. He nodded politely to the pink haired boy who turned and quickly left with the girl, and then to the others with them, before trailing behind the two quietly. His were dumped into the space above her seat right at the back of the plane, giving him little choice of what seat he could take. His footsteps muffled by the plane's interior, he made his way down the aisle, and took his seat in the one directly in front of the girl. 

He turned slightly, peering through the gaps between his seat and the neighbouring one, examining the device in the pink-haired boy's hands carefully, before making a similarly careful remark. "Pink is your colour, I see. Wonderful choice. I hear that this particular model is in limited stock as well."

Users who are viewing this thread