[IC] Target Acquired: Jeff the Killer

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
<p>

<span style="font-family:Coda;">Enter Death City</span>
<span style="font-family:'Josefin Sans';"><span style="font-size:18px;">Lord Death watched the weapon and meister pair promptly leave without any questions to be asked and he couldn’t help but glance into his mirror, watching them as their path lead them out of the academy’s walls and into the city that had faced so much chaos over the past few months - some of it visible while other pieces remained silent as the grave. The city in daylight was just as anyone would expect it to be. People wandered about - there were even students making their way to their missions as directed. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary. The line trailed out the door of Kye’s Cafe and people walked out carrying iced coffees and fresh squeezed lemonade. Both were common favorites. Overall, everything appeared bustling as was to be expected. And to top it all off, it was a nice day outside. The sun was shining while smiling its mischievous smirk, it wasn’t too hot and it also wasn’t freezing. The weather was perfect for jeans and t-shirts or whatever else a person might have preferred. The police station was located at the far end of the city and if they headed that way, they would notice nothing different from anywhere else in the city. Things moved as they would be expected to move. At exactly noon, the question remained. How would the two chose to spend their day before the nightmares of night came out to play? @Kalin Scarlet @KageYuuki
I will control NPCs as you encounter them. I know you said your characters were heading to the police station, but I didn’t want to just teleport you there. I felt that would seem rude. Feel free to ask questions in the </span></span><span style="font-family:'Josefin Sans';"><span style="font-size:18px;"><a href="<___base_url___>/threads/target-acquired-jeff-the-killer.189169/" rel="">Target Acquired: Jeff the Killer</a></span></span><span style="font-family:'Josefin Sans';"><span style="font-size:18px;"> thread.
</span></span>

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravyn Cooper

Ravyn stepped outside beside Luxe, amber eyes scanning the bustling city. Busy as always it seemed. Luckily for them it would slow down come night time and they wouldn't have to worry about anyone getting in their way. She rolled her neck, stretching slightly, "It would probably be best if we went to the police station first." Ravyn glanced around again, searching for the fastest route. "Who knows how long we'll end up waiting there after all."

In the end, gathering info seemed like the most logical step to the weapon. They needed to learn all they could about this guy before sundown. The more they learned, they better prepared the duo would be for the battle to come.

At least in theory anyway.

@Kalin Scarlet

Luxe Rosenfield

"Ice cream!" Luxe cheered, running forth with his arms raised. Turning on his heels quickly, he grasped Ravyn's hands in his own and dragged her along.

"We've got all afternoon to get to the police, right? Its really hot out here, and medical professionals and heroes everywhere will agree that the best thing for heat is a huge serving of ice cream in your belly."
he said confidently, nodding down the streets to an open ice cream shoppe.

"That place looks empty enough. Come on, you know you want some, too!"

@KageYuuki @DaughterofAthena

(Sorry for the delay, I feel terrible. )

Ravyn Cooper

"W-wait!" Ravyn stumbled a few steps as she was dragged along by Luxe. "Luxe, I don't think we should keep them waiting . . . " The excitable meister wasn't wrong though, it was pretty warm out today. Or was that because of her jacket? No, focus. They had a mission to take care of, Lord Death was trusting them to track down and take out this killer.

Going to an ice cream shoppe was not helping the mission any. How could this kid be so carefree? There was a killer on the loose, not to mention everything else tht had happened to the city and academy in the past month. It just didn't make sense to her.

Luxe Rosenfield

Luxe laughed and looked back at Ravyn. "Okay, okay, I understand what you're saying...but if we do that, we'll still be out all day with nothing to do. At least if we go have fun first, we can stay focused on the job, without distractions. So...yeah. Lets go relax for a bit, Raven. Please?" Luxe said, facing her fully as his gaze softened. He really wanted the opportunity to take the time to talk with his partner more, even if all she wanted to do was chase a murderer.

@KageYuuki

Ravyn Cooper

Ravyn hesitated before sighing, her shoulders slumped in defeat. He had a point, Lord Death wanted them to wait until after sundown to begin their search . . . "Alright, alright, I guess we do have a few hours to kill still." It seemed like as good of time as any to actually get to know the meister she was going to be working with anyway. Granted it was pretty obvious he was a laid back kind of guy, quite the contrast to her usually tense and anxious self.

They do say opposite personalities resonate the best . . . Maybe things will work out between the two of them.

@Kalin Scarlet

Luxe Rosenfield

"Yes! The hero triumphs once again! Alright, so before we get on line, what kinda ice cream do you want? Or are you the sherbert...sorbet? I dont know which one it is, but you can probably get any kind at this place. Just dont ask for frozen yogurt, pleasepleaseplease..."

Luxe continued to ramble on as the pair reached the store, his words coming faster as his heart started to beat harder, and his face got hotter. As usual, he was starting to panic. He gave Ravyn a soft nervous smile as he held the door.

@KageYuuki

Ravyn Cooper

Ravyn tilted her head slightly in thought for a moment. "Hmm . . . tough question actually." She rubbed the back of her head, "I mean there's nothing really wrong with sherbets or sorbets . . . Can be pretty refreshing on a hot day after a lot of work." The weapon couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Luxe's slight change in demeanor when it came to the topic of frozen yogurt. "Nah, never been a fan of the stuff myself. Now a bowl of lemon and vanilla custard? That's pretty damn good even if I seem to be the only one that likes lemon."

She offered him a smile and thanks as she stepped inside. Shivering slightly at the sudden drop in temperature. Amber eyes scanned the menu, all sorts of frozen treats were up for grabs here. "Mmm, seems like a mint chocolate chip kinda day."

The server stood behind the counter working to serve a customer. The thin teen smiling brightly putting on a fake expression attempting to appear enthusiastic despite half wishing she wasn't there. Her long dark brown hair was kept up in a pony tail with her green uniform and hat resting on her head with the ice cream shop's logo displayed. She blinked as she seemed to hesitate a bit. She suddenly scooped a small portion of the mint icecream out from the container, looking at it puzzled. Several flies laid in the ice cream, dead as a notable cringe filling her face. Her expression quickly shifted again as a look of horror filled her. That was when she screamed, dropping the scoop as she quickly jumped back.

proxy.php

"Arrrrrgh!"

The creature yelled jumping out from the container of Mint chocolate chip icecream it had embedded itself in. The creature's thin tongue peeked out from from one side of its seemingly sealed mouth, catching some of the ice cream and flies licking it up. It flung itself over holding its staff.

"Grah Grah!"

It spoke out as it jumped away from the glass. The other workers who had all but stared in shock suddenly letting out a loud shout as the ice cream from all the other contains suddenly shot out, seemingly having melted quickly with whatever magic the creature used before splashing out in a wave soaking the employees and the backwall with the melted tasty goodness. It jumped quickly over to a table holding its staff with two hands.

"Ou al ot as"

Its seemingly intangible words vaguely seeming to make sense as suddenly the tables began to rattle. The ice cream and yogurt the customers had were suddenly flying through the air out of their contains spraying all over the place, portions flying towards Ravyn and Luxe. The creature jumped down on its feet waving its staff above its head as it seemed to giving some sort of 'battle cry' as it ran away heading over to the back quickly leaving the room heading into the employee's section before barging out the back exit leaving the place an absolute ice cream flavored mess.

@KageYuuki @Kalin Scarlet @DaughterofAthena

Luxe Rosenfield

"You're not the only one by a long shot! Lemon's delicious!" Luxe replied, mouth watering slightly at the thought of it. As they reached the counter, and Ravyn mentioned Mint Chocolate Chip.

"Hmm, that does sound good...sure, lets do that. Three scoops of mint chocolate chip in a cup....for me...um, those aren't chocolate chips, are they?" He asked, turning to Ravyn with a nervous expression.

Just as he started to take a step away from the counter, the strange creature leapt out of the ice cream, ruining all of it before making its exit, but not before also causing a fair amount to smack Luxe in the face and fly towards Rayvn. Luxe fell to his knees, the look of shock on his face at the sudden turn of events hidden by the various flavored creams splattered all over it.

"....I don't think I'm in the mood for ice cream anymore, Ray. Let's just...find out what that thing was and...just...just kill it a dozen times over."

@KageYuuki

@Hanarei

@DaughterofAthena

Ravyn Cooper

Ravyn blinked, glancing over at Luxe in surprise as he mentioned that he also enjoyed lemon custard. Given his more . . . energetic personality, she didn't entirely expect that for some reason. A mistake on her part, she'll admit it. Oh well, it was her turn to order it seemed; Luxe also going for the mint chocolate chip.

"um, those aren't chocolate chips, are they?"

The weapon couldn't exactly hide the slight look of disgust on her face as she also took notice of the dead flies embedded in what should have been a sweet treat. That's when the little troublemaker of a creature decided to jump out from the container. It promptly made a disaster of the place before scampering off.

Just . . . What . . .

"The actual fuck just happened?" Ravyn blurted out as she attempted to wipe some of the ice cream off her face. And clothes . . . Ugh, it was in her hair too. She was going to be all sorts of sticky for the rest of the day now. Yuck. That said, she nodded in agreement to Luxe's last statement. "Yes . . . let's go do that."

@Hanarei @Kalin Scarlet @DaughterofAthena

Elisa Tulain

“Euck!”

The girl still standing behind the counter shook ice cream off of her hands, one hand still holding the scoop that was intended to get ice cream for her next customer although that obviously didn’t go as planned. Her shirt was absolutely covered in custard and she had the sickly feeling that it had gotten beneath her clothes as well. It was a feeling that was unfortunately confirmed when she felt a chill slithering down her back and then also slipping itself beneath the rim of her skirt. A shiver ran through her body as her face turned bright red.

“I. Quit.” Her declaration was made loud and firm as she threw the scoop down and the tool found itself landing in a puddle of melted dessert before she stomped out of the shop, each footstep splattering more ice cream against every corner of the shop and also adding more decoration to all those who had been intending on buying ice cream.

A little boy off to the corner started crying.
“I wanted ice cream, Momma!” he whined although it seemed that was no longer possible. There was no one left to serve it and certainly no one left to pay in order to purchase it either.

How unfortunate…

@KageYuuki @Kalin Scarlet

Luxe Rosenfield

Groaning, Luxe rushed towards the door, knocking into it with a shoulder.

"Alright! Lets tear apart that damned imp apart!"
he called, before noticing the cries of a child behind him. Turning around, he frowned at the messed up store, and the girl working the counter previously as she stomped out the front door.

"Or...maybe, we could get a part time job..."

@Hanarei @KageYuuki @DaughterofAthena

Ravyn Cooper

Ravyn blinked, watching the girl storm from the shop. While she couldn't exactly blame her, there were far better ways to go about that. It was often best to not go burning bridges in the world of the work force. At least, that was her opinion anyway. Amber eyes quickly scanned the trashed shop before the weapon let out a slow sigh and shook her head.

"There really isn't much we can do here, Luxe. Pretty much all the ice cream's ruined anyway." She started for the backroom where the little imp had taken off. "We're already wasting time chasing this thing instead of working on our own mission . . . but it does need put down."

@Kalin Scarlet @DaughterofAthena @Hanarei

Lord Death

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lord Death was watching the whole scene unfold from the mirror in the death room. He watched and he couldn’t help but facepalm as it seemed the two students had all but forgotten about their mission. Sure, they may have had time before the killer had potential to emerge again, but there would only be officers at the police station to inform them of the situation. Beyond that, Lord Death himself had informed the officers that students would be coming to inquire as to information about the killer. It didn’t exactly look good if they’d been warned of incoming students and then the students never showed up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Given the situation, there wasn’t even anything he could honestly do about it. That only made the situation more difficult for him to ponder. If Ravyn and Luxe truly were this distractible, then how well would they fare in a fight? Lord Death wasn’t sure he wanted to find out and only time would tell if he would ever get to see the answer to his question.  [/SIZE]

@KageYuuki @Kalin Scarlet

Luxe Rosenfield

Luxe frowned as he looked around, hoping to find even the slightest bit of remaining treats for the people to enjoy, but saw there was none left. With a sigh, he frowned, and turned to Rayvn. He didn't want to give in so easily, but the older student was right. they had more important things to do than help others in such a small capacity. He looked away from the small child crying in front of him, and looked the black haired girl in her eyes. 

"...Let's go. I have a bunch of ruined days to avenge on that imp's face." He said as he rushed out the back, chasing full speed after the creature with a frown, but sprinted just short of the street to find he'd lost it. "Ugh...where'd you go, you ugly, evil thing?"

@DaughterofAthena @KageYuuki

Ravyn Cooper

Ravyn groaned, shaking her head as she pinched the bridge of her nose. Of course Luxe was already out of earshot before she could say anything. "Dammit, Luxe . . ." She ran after him, grabbing the meister's shoulder as he skidded to a stop. "Alright, hold up a moment." Ravyn kept her grip on him so he couldn't take off. "It's gone, I doubt either of us are going to be able to catch up to it." Amber eyes narrowed as the weapon focused on scanning the nearest souls to them, nothing jumped out that would have resembled the little creep.

"We're just going to be wasting time if we try to go after it, I'm sure a mission will be put up for it soon. We'll settle the score then."

@DaughterofAthena@Kalin Scarlet

Luxe Rosenfield

"....."

Luxe continued to scan the street in silence, before turning away and walking down the sidewalk. His expression grew darker as he stopped in his tracks. Luxe turned back towards Ravyn, and opens his mouth to speak, but finds himself unable to say anything. He turns away, and after a moment of thought, makes his way towards the police department.

"Again....I've let it happen again

..."

@KageYuuki   @DaughterofAthena

Ravyn Cooper

The weapon sighed, watching Luxe as he started to walk away. Shakign her head, she followed after him. "Again? What do you mean it happened again?" She definitely had her doubts that he'd been attacked by some little creature like that before. Then again, with as much crazy shit that goes down in this city . . . . Ravyn patiently waited for Luxe's answer, the meister's sudden change in demeanor rather unusual.

@Kalin Scarlet@DaughterofAthena

Officer Tabernath

By this point in time, it was late afternoon and Officer Tabernath sat in his office, slowly getting grumpy. He had been sitting there all morning by this point. He knew he would be spending some amount of his day in the office; he had prepared enough work to get him through a few hours without any problems. However, he was now at the point where there was no more work he could finish without leaving. And he was still waiting on two students from the DWMA who he was told would be seeking information about some recent events.

Needless to say, he was not getting any less grumpy as time passed.

Standing up and making his way out of the confines into his office, he called out to the other officers in hearing range. “Anyone seen any of the DWMA students yet? I’ve got more important things to do than sit and wait here too much longer!!” As he waited to hear if there were any replies, there was a resounding silence and he decided that it would not do him any good to continue sitting in his office. He headed outside to wait for them, standing near the entrance to the station in uniform. More than likely, he stood out like a sore thumb, but at least he was getting a little sun and at least he wasn’t stuck sitting in a desk. 

Luxe Rosenfield

Luxe sighed gently and shook his head. Ravyn seemed nice and all, but Luxe wasnt prepared to fully open up to her, to share everything about himself...he knew that'd become an issue eventually, but for the moment be just wanted to let it be.

"Its nothing, just talking to myself. Lets hurry up and learn about Lil' Jeffy. Like you said, it's what we came here for, right?" 

He turned the corner and kept walking.

Ravyn studied him for a moment, finally deciding to just drop the matter. "Yeah, he's caused enough trouble here." There wasn't much point in getting into something like that so soon, synchronizing was already going to be tricky as is. The pair didn't need tension getting between them making it even harder. Finally the police station came into sight, Ravyn could see Tabernath standing outside. The frustration seemingly eminating off him. "Hope that's not who we're supposed to meet with . . . "

Knowing her luck, it was.

@Kalin Scarlet@DaughterofAthena

Luxe glanced at the officer standing outside the station, and immediately felt bad. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's waiting for us and isn't just upset with his life choices. I guess we should hurry up and get this over with..."  Luxe  muttered as he approached the man, and started to wave as he put on his best smile. "Heya, big guy! I'm Luxe Rosenfield, from DWMA. Death told you we'd be coming right?" He asked with a grin.

@KageYuuki

@DaughterofAthena

Officer Tabernath

Even though he had only been standing outside waiting for the DWMA students for a few minutes, that brief amount of time had no effect on the frustration and impatience that had been boiling within him. Although he didn't recognize the students as the students he was waiting for right away, the simple fact that they continued approaching the station was more than enough proof of that. Then one of the students called out and there was no way for him to get around it.

"Yes, Death told me you would be coming. Death told me you would be coming this morning, though. He did not lead me to believe you would be this late." It was clear from his tone that he was not happy with them and that they were later than even the two of them probably actually believed they were. "I have been waiting all morning, I hope you know. And there are more things I could've managed to get done for the safety of this city had I not been waiting for you two to show. Things have been getting a bit hectic across the streets."

The officer paused for a moment, letting his frustration seep in.

"As far as information about the serial killer goes, you can see the briefing files on his past crimes if you wish, but I'm not sure how much that will help," Tabernath suggested. "As far as where he'll be next, there have been crimes every night religiously for the past two weeks without break. It only ever happens at night and we've instilled a curfew onto the people of the city in the hope that it will make the search easier. We'll likely have a few officers out on patrol, but not many of them are interested in getting involved."

.speech_text {
color:coral;
text-size:14px;
font-family:Verdana;
}

.p_class {
text-size:14px;
font-family:Verdana;
}

Ravyn Cooper

The weapon internally groaned at Luxe's greeting to the officer. Not to mention the fact Tabernath was all kinds of thrilled at their arrival. Ravyn raised her hands slightly, hoping to try and diffuse the situation at least a little bit. "In all honesty, officer, we'd been told about meeting with you only half an hour ago . . . " Well, she'd only just found out about the whole thing a half hour ago. She didn't have the slightest idea about how long Luxe had known about things.

She folded her arms in front of her chest as he continued on. "Really any kind of information would help us in tracking this guy down. Though I'm guessing there really isn't much of a pattern in location or victims, is there?" If there was, it would at least help to narrow the search down a little bit. But she wouldn't be surprised if it all was seemingly random, only being linked together by the fact they occurred at night and the way the victims had died.

Too bad her soul perception wasn't the greatest yet . . .

@Kalin Scarlet @DaughterofAthena

Users who are viewing this thread