[IC] Suncrest Complex - Reboot

KarenAKAMint

It's not me until I pull on a few heartstrings.

cd7c182433bce9d1f865937ebc57ab8b.jpg
Suncrest Complex
b3254e19ff134b54036828615d3ec28a.jpg

Date: Friday
Time: Evening - 5:54 pm
Weather: Clear with some clouds - 63 degrees
Current Event: Introduction
Links: IC | CS | FAQ
Tags:
DVationz DVationz NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Brinni Brinni Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai spookie spookie DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712 fin fin Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

Today is the start of fall. The weather is calm with a sight breeze that will make you shiver at times. The weekend it among us and the complex is buzzing with life. People are coming home from work and catching up with neighbors as they sit in the lounge area or enjoying a coffee together at the cafe. The front desk shift is changing for the late night shift. The small pitter-patter of paws on the marble floor of the main lobby could be heard just before the owners and pets head out back to the dog park. When the back doors open, the sound of youth out in the pool along with their faint music playing as they enjoy their freedom from school. Out front, the traffic was minimal as the citizens were just starting to go home after their later shifts. The sky is turning into different shades of pastel colors as the sun began to set over the ocean. The cafe was alive and busy as the late rush hour was about to begin, as the guests and residents enjoy dinner or getting pastries before heading home. Ellie, not missing a moment to make everyone feel welcome as she took orders and made drinks in a smooth rhythm of 3 years of experience. Teens crowded a far corner where they hang out before having to head home. Couples enjoying a quiet dinner outside of the cafe. The time is 5:54 pm, the night is still young, but what are your characters doing?

Last edited:
Eleanor (Ellie) May
Ellie's checks were in pain as she continued to smile and laugh at small talk. It was her final stretch before she ends her shift and closes the cafe, but two hours is forever when she was getting tired already. Maybe I shouldn't have spent my day surfing, I would have had more energy then this... The evening shift was always just three at the barista station, which was always brutal when the rush hour came into full spring. Just as the clock hit 6, the rush of people began to walk into the cafe as they filled up the line.

She noticed Xander in the line. It was always fun to see others from the complex in the cafe as she tries to have small talk with them. Ellie didn't get to him on time before he was attended by someone else. She was making a latte for her costumer when she heard the barista double check the health problems behind having the amount of caffeine in Xander's drink. She cleared up the air with the drink and continued to make the latte. She was so into the design she was trying to finish that she missed Xander before he slipped out of the crowded cafe. She just let out a light sigh and continued her work.

Interacting: N/A
Mention: Xander​

Alexis (Lexi) Stone
Lexi was closing up her shop as she tried to finish the final stitch on the dress she was workign on for a client. Deliahla was finishing with a customer when she called out, "Delilah! Can you come up here once you are done locking up?" Delilah answered and came up to the loft work station that Lexi spent most of her time at. "How is inventory looking?" Lexi asked as she took out an emvelope from the drawer and handing it to the young lady.

She took it with a smile and answered, "The Summer stock has been stored, but the last shipment of the autumn stock is still missing. It was supposed to come in today, but they pushed it tomorrow." Lexi sighed but nodded, "That's fine. We'll have to see if it come in tomorrow. It's the bottoms that are missing, right?" Delilah nodded and Lexi continued, "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." They said their goodbyes as Delilah walked out the back and was gone. Lexi closed off her workstation and walked down to the main floor. The story was now dark from the sudden change from summer to fall colors around the shop.

Interacting: Delaihla
Mention: N/A​

Samuel (Sam) Nightlock
Sam was in his apartment as he sat at the head of the dinnig table as he ate dinner with his family and two other guest he was not happy to have. The twins had their boyfriends over and it irritated him very much to just sit there and just smile. He was the only male in the family, and that drove him to be a bit more protective, espesially from what happened with his father.

"Sam... are you listening?" Minerva asked him, a bit irritated with him, "James was saying that he admired your cause." Sam apologized as he pushed down his actual feeling about James. James was an 18-year-old that was dating his 17-year-old baby sister. His perfect and clean image was just that, an image that he is trying to sell himself to Sam. "Thank you, but tell me what do you plan to study at Seaside?" James beamed as he smiled at same, which only made Sam bored, "I plan to study bioengineering. It'll be a long hike to finish, but I want to make a difference."

"That's great to hear!" Lauran announced and then turned to Mitch, Nicole's boyfriend, "How about you? I know you still have another year like the girls before you head to college." Mitch, took a sip of his drink, clearly nervous to her here, but answered, "Culinary, Ma'am. I want to help my parent's restaurant when I graduate." The sound of Sam's cell phone going off, made everyone jump. Sam excused himself and answered checked the message from Rebecca. "I have to go, one of the felines in the clinic is not taking her medicine," Sam announced and walked out of the apartment without another word.

Taking the stairs, he rushed to the lobby. Rebecca was waiting for him with his lad coat as soon as he walked into the clinic. "Sorry, I knew you were having dinner, but Little Snowball is acting up," Rebecca apologized. Sam just smiled, putting on his coat, "That's fine Rebecca. You are actually doing me a favor for calling me in. Let's see the little guy." Sam walked to the back, where Debbie was trying to calm the feline down. "Snowball, we talked about this..." Sam announced, which caught the kitten's attention, "Why are you making Debbie's job harder then it should?"

Interacting: A bunch of NPCs, lol

Malia Laine
Malia was walking into the lobby as she carried a bunch of shopping bags. It was clear that she had just went shopping for new clothes, to be in season. All day she had been ignoring her phone as she her ex has been blowing it up with messages. As much as she tried to block her number, Lily had her ways to contact her. You can say that her shopping spree was mostly fueled by her sudden return of her ex. It has been months since she had moved to Seaside to get away from her breakup.

"Please allow me to help you, Miss," a male voice called out behind her as she waited for one of the four elevators. Malia turned around and found a tall male in a well-tailored suit offering his hand to carry her bags. Malia just raised an eyebrow to him and declined, "I can handle a few bags thank you." The man laughed, "A few? Alright, suit yourself. The name's Ivan." the elevator arrived and Malia walked in, she looked at Ivan for a bit, watching if he would be coming in or just stare at her, "Malia." With that, the elevator closed and she was left alone.

Interacting: Ivan
Mention: Lily​

Ivan Hamnet Hancock
Ivan let out his deep laugh as he couldn;t believe he was rejected pretty hard. He couldn't blame himself too much since he knew who she was and that she was not a woman that would ever bend over to a male's flirtatious ways or a male at that. "Ouch, was it that bad she broke you?" he heard his friend ask as he pushed the button for an elevator. "No, just messing around. Wait, why are you here? I thought you and Henry were going out for drinks?" Ivan asked him, which he answered back, "I wouldn't be the imfamous Daniel if I didn't drag you along with us."

Ivan got on the elevator. When Daniel tried to walk in, Ivan stopped him and told him, "I'll see, but you know I can't, not with eyes on me." The elevator closed between them and he just sighed. He was able to convince his father to finally lift the bodyguards on him, but with one condition. He was not allowed to make a fool of himself. That means, no public drinking until he can win over his father once more. Ivan's father might have lifted the guards from following him, but he knew that his mother had her own guards keeping a close eye on him.

Interacting: Malia, Daniel, and Henry
Mention: Ivan Hancock (Father) Juliet Hamnet (Mother)​

Alexander (Xander) Wood
Ω
"Um... can I get a black coffee with three shots of expresso and the usual half dozen?" Xander asked the Barista. He was unlucky to not get Ellie, but he was glad he didn't. He woudl have been a nervouse mess if he had. Ever since he had bumbed into her around the lobby, he was smitten. "Three shot? Isn't that a bot dangerous?" the barista asked him. He was about to answer when Ellie's laugh stopped him, "It's fine. That's his usual drink of choice."

Ellie was quick to continue attending the other costumer that it didn't give him time to thank her. Xander is a huge ball of nerves when it comes to her, well anyone he had ever had a crush on. Normally he was a stone wall that would ignore everything that ever seemed boring and not his problem. Really, he could have just gotten the box of donuts and called it a day, but he's tried Ellie's version of his usual coffee, and you can't go back to the old stuff. Maybe I'm over glorifying her...

"Here you go," the barista handed him his drink and box of donuts. Xander took them off her and thanked her. He slipped out of the cafe, as it was rush hour and climbed the stairs to the second floor. Crap, I should have gotten a BLT... I guess I should make some mac and cheese again... The sound of chirps coming from the birdcage, as soon as he opened the door to his apartment, brought a smile to his face. "I'm home, Titan."

Interacting: Ellie

Camila Seaside
Camila was at another one of her dinner date with the next person in her mother list of candidates. It was rediculous to say the least. This guy was nothing but money to her mother's eyes, which was the only reason he was on the list to begin with. Camila took one more sip of her wine before getting up from the table. "What? Where you going? We haven't even gotten to dessert!?" candidate #23 asked her. She turned to him, clearly causing a scene from his sudden raised voice. People were talking now, which she didn't care for the slightest.

"Why do you need to know? I'm not yours to talk to me in that tone," She answered, "If you must know, I am going to powder my nose. Excuse me." That relaxed him, but she knew if she came back to the table, he would only claim that I was practically his. Not wanting to stick around the old man, she just slipped out the restaurant through the kitchen and had her driver drop her off at the Suncrest. Making a single call to an old friend, she had the number blocked and everything on his phone leaked. By tomorrow morning she would be free from him and her mother would just move to the next old man on her list.

Interacting: N/A

code by spookie spookie | Modifed by KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Last edited:

• Graeme Grove
    Graeme Grove.jpg
    Another day at the shop, and as usual, few customers. The pace didn't bother Graeme, in fact, it gave him time to finish working on his own bike, which was needing some work. Wiping the sweat off his brow, he closed up shop and locked the doors behind him with one of the employee keys. Besides himself there were three other employees, and the boss. They were nothing special, just faces with names working the same job as him. In fact, he didn't know a single one's name other than his boss, Harvey. Slipping on his gloves, he mounted the bike and started the engine, letting it roar to life. He let it stand for a few moments, simply relaxing in the low rumble it made and the vibrations it shot through his body. Moving out onto the street, he revved the motor, speeding up until he was riding down the road.

The ride was fast, as to be expected from a motorbike modified for speed and control. He sped down roads, darting in and out of the lanes of traffic, turning at speeds that would crash any inexperienced rider. Some would think him reckless, even suicidal, but those who knew him would understand that Graeme Grove was unlike many others. He wasn't your average thug, not in the slightest. He was an urban legend of sorts, the irish man who seemed to have few limits, if any at all. As he sped down the streets nearing his home, or what is more accurately described as a dump, another had joined him. A girl with vibrant red hair, almost like that of a candy, was speeding beside him. As they approached an abandoned apartment complex, they slowed until reaching a stop.

Without speaking, they both dismounted and continued to push their bikes around into an open part of the building where the wall had since crumbled. Parking the bikes in a corner, out of sight from anyone outside, they walked to a door. The door was surprisingly new, as if it had just been installed, which was probably true. When the pair was inside, Graeme plopped down in a couch, the girl sitting in a reclining chair beside him. "Another slow day?" Graeme nodded, and looked to the girl. "You?" She smiled, "Well I got a few things done here, nothing much, just some luxuries." Graeme could tell. The couch he was sitting in hadn't been there earlier this morning, nor the coffee table, second couch, or reclining chair.

"How about the others, are they stopping by today?" The red haired girl shook her head. "Nope. Vinny is out of state visiting family, Sarah had business to take care of at home, and Ayden is out watching for Red Thorns." Graeme was relieved to hear that. Ayden wasn't one of his fans, in fact, Ayden often gave him glares for one reason or another. "So it's just us..." The girl nodded, "Just us Graeme. Just like old times."

So it's just us...
    Graeme

(Best viewed in half browser view.)

Last edited:
Aubrey Graham
Aubrey sat at dinner alongside an interviewer from the XXL Freshman team. Being on fire seemed to be a big deal for them, of course it was, they'd housed big names in the rap game such as Drake, Nicki Minaj, Lil Uzi Vert, the list went on and on. Still though, Aubrey felt as if the interview went on for longer than it should. He'd already "used the washroom" four times already in the two hour stretch, he was sure even the waiters were stressed out. "I give my full consent ma'am, what else would you like?" He whined to the representative of the XXL Cover. She, calmly slid a stack of papers for Aubrey to sign from a briefcase she'd hoarded throughout their night. Another scoff came from Aubrey. He adjusted his hoodie, Thrasher brand to be specific, his legs constantly vibrating in his Balmain jeans. It was so close til' the interview would be over. Again, for the sixth time it seemed, the interviewer asked for another minute. He gritted his teeth as he gave her his consent, eyes darting around the restaurant before it landed on a blond, a woman his age.

Aubrey quirked a brow as another man came to sit with her, hadn't she just been with another man? Her beauty just seemed to intrigue the young rapper, rubbing his chin as he pondered on her. Soon enough, he was sure he was staring, the same thing seemed to apply to his interviewer as she called his name out for what seemed to be the fourth time.
"These are your signing papers. I suggest speaking to a lawyer and manager before submitting this by the end of next week. Til' then, stay tight." The woman gave Aubrey an odd looking wave before strutting back and out of the restaurant. Aubrey took another glance at the blond, this time she was leaving. He stood up as well, hoping he could talk to her though a car had arrived to take her away.

Sighing, Aubrey called up his own limousine, headed to the Suncrest Complex where he'd relocated to for the time being. The area was fine, possibly somewhere he could see himself staying at if the circumstances were correct. In due time, he'd arrived at the complex, thanking his driver as well as tipping him with a hundred thousand dollar band... what, he was in a good mood! With that, a group of paparazzi crowded the young rapper, forcing Aubrey to quicken his pace before the same blond caught his eye. Some of the paparazzi had moved on to her, she seemed to be going towards the complex too. With long strides, Aubrey was by her side, a perfect white smirk escaping his mouth as he took her by the hand and pulled her along with him towards the complex, fast but gentle. He ducked his head down and opened up his jacket to cover around her hair, keeping it there until the security crew could hold them back.

Once inside, Aubrey pulled his jacket back, brushing his hands through his baby locs as he eyed the damsel in distress. "You're welcome. I'm Aubrey Graham by the way... the Aubrey Graham." A tad egotistical there. A smile still painted his face though as he adored the woman who stood before him. "And you must be... Camilla... Camilla Seaside? I've seen pictures, you're even prettier in person."

Interacting: Camilla Seaside KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Interactions: Ellie --- Open to Interaction
Mentions: Ellie

Brooke stuck out his tongue as he struggled to pushed a small leather sofa into the corner of the living room. He had only lived in his apartment for nearly a month and with the rush of school and settling in, he had only just that week begun to really get situated in his new home. He really thought decorating the interior would be simple. He had the entire layout planned in his head, after all. It was proving much more difficult than he had anticipated, however. He was a rather small person and every time he got the couch situated, he ended up changing his mind on exactly where he wanted it placed. His shirt clung to his back because of the sweat and he could have swore he had pushed the couch nearly a mile back and forth. He was exhausted and incredibly disappointed to realize that he hadn't actually got much done. He let out a groan and sunk into the sofa with a rather pathetic whine. Living alone was exhausting, he decided. He swore to his parents he wouldn't feel homesick and that he was eager to lie alone, but that was all a lie. Brooke was homesick. Not to mention lonely. The entire month he had lived in Suncrest, he hadn't made a single friend. Sure, he talked some, but he never so much as exchanged phone numbers with anybody.

With another sigh, he checked the watch on his wrist to read the time. 5:30PM, he read, still a few hours until he had scheduled for bed. Standing up, he headed to his bedroom and turned on the shower, letting the water heat up as he found some comfortable clothing to wear for the rest of the evening and eventually sleep in. Some old gym shorts and a loose Guns 'N Roses shirt would do. He took a quick shower, thoroughly ridding himself of the sweat that had accumulated that afternoon. He would head to the cafe after his shower.

Nearly twenty minutes ready, Brooke was ready to leave the apartment. He grabbed Alfredo's leash from the hook near the front door and clipped the end to his collar, picking up the pup as he headed down the stairs. He made a bee-line to the Coffee Brew Cafe, in which he attended often, desiring a hot latte and a slice of red velvet cake. "The dinner of champions,"he whispered aloud to Alfredo. As he neared the cafe, he nestled Alfredo into the crook of his arm so the pup wouldn't cause chaos in the cafe. He wasn't exactly allowed in the cafe, so he would have to hurry up and order so he could head to a table outside and eat.

He smiled a polite smile as he walked in the cafe, offering a greeting to the woman he knew as Ellie at the front. They hadn't talked much, but from what he knew, she was a nice person and a good worker. "Good evening, Ellie. May I order a decaf latte and a single slice of red velvet cake, please?" He pulled his wallet out of the deep pockets of his shorts and got ready to pay. "Oh, and a peanut butter cookie for Alfredo here, if you don't mind." He looked down at his pup and winked.

Eleanor (Ellie) May
"Of course!" She exclaimed to Brook as she continued ot have small talk with him, "How's it been Brooke? Still trying to get things straightened out?" She worked quickly to get their desserts before getting to the latte. She enjoyed making them so, she had to focus on crunching down time to make the designs. With the plain drink before him, she began to make a small dog design on top. Puttign a lid on it she looked up to him and annouced, "There you go, a latte, a slice of red velvet and a peanut butter cookie for Alfredo. It was nice talking to you!"

Ellie continued to hold he smile, even as she worked on orders. "Tachibana! Dealer's choice still?" Ellie called out once she saw Tachibana in line. When she agreed with her question, Ellie snapped her fingers in excitement, "I have just the thing! Cover for me guys." Ellie slipped into the kitchen as she began to take the ingredients for the new drink that the Cafe has been trying to introduce. It was a simple ice tea, but it had a sweet spin to it. She worked her magic as she tried to get the drink right from the training station.

Satisfied with the drink, she served it with a medium cup and came back to the bar. "I present to you, the Tropical Tea Snowball," Ellie announced. She handed Tachibana the pastel yellow frozen drink as she began to explain what was inside, "It has the consistency of an Icee. It has Mango, Kiwi, Banana, Pineapple, and coconut, juice." Flashes of cameras from the window caught her attention but quickly returned to Tachibana as the Paparazzi was a normal thing here.

Interacting: Tachibana DVationz DVationz | Brooke dandy dandy

Camila Seaside
The flashes from cameras were normal for Camila to the point that she never leaves the house without looking presentable. Even now as she wore her stunning red dress. She just smiled and waved at them, like nothing coudl bother her. Her hand was suddenly take by a young man as he lead her to the Suncrest Complex. She was confussed at who they were or why they though she needed help to escape. With a jacket on her head, she tried to stay calm for the cameras.

Once they were inside the complex, her smile quickly turned to a frown, but for a before she turned it into a smile again. She combed her hair through her blond hair before looking at Aubrey, as he had introduced himself by.
"Never heard of you, sorry," she announced as she continued, "So I have been told. Oh, and I didn't need your help back there, I had the paparazzi on me since I was born. But thanks. Spook! Good to see you were able to escape the piranas." She called out as soon as the thin teen slipped into the complex.

She began to walk over to the elevators. Looking back to Aubrey,
"Oh and popping 'the' into your introductions... is a mood killer." She entered the elevator, but help it open for the two guys, before selecting the eight floor. Once she arrived at her floor, she waved them goodbye, "Goodbye, gentlemen. Oh!" she turned back as the doors began to close, "I believe in second chances." With that, the doors closed and she just sighed. She hated acting as the nice perfect girl, but then again she wasn't a bitch all together, just protective of herself.

04e8ffe63edcff575da44fe2d1fcd93b.jpg

Interacting: Aubrey fin fin | Spook @Sppokie Spook

Last edited:

nicholas 'spook' sterling

| location // suncrest complex - entrance | mood // gloomy as always | currently // avoiding paparazzi | with // camila, aubrey(open) |

A cool fall wind whipped through Spook's famous emo hairstyle, causing the silky blackness to cover half his face in what could only be described as a mess.

He sighed miserably, hunching his shoulders a bit as the weather threatened to blow away his striped scarf as well. While Nick usually loved fall, there was rarely anything to be happy about, no matter the season.

Well, at least the nauseatingly saccharine holiday season was a few months away.

Spook had been keeping his golden eyes on the ground and ignoring his surroundings, so much so that the sight of paparazzi crowding around the entrance to his home took the seasoned celebrity by surprise.

"Damn it," the teen muttered, cursing the media's obsession with stalking him like some rare prey animal.

It was only a moment later that he noticed them crowding around some other poor soul. Breathing a rather apathetic sigh of relief, Nick approached the mess of flashing cameras and screeching reporters with a calm sort of poise that could only be learned through experience.

He offered the victim a somewhat mocking smirk, though he doubted whoever it was could see him through the throng of fame-leeching lowlifes.

A moment later he caught sight of Camila Seaside and the kid he'd silently dubbed 'Ego', whose real name the musician didn't remember.

He'd grabbed Camila's hand and was pulling her inside, something that surprised even Spook, who'd had his fair share of paparazzi escapes. Ego was really living up to his name right now.

Slipping in behind them just as he heard the frenzied cry of "Spook! Spook! Come out of there, show us that face! Spook!"

Rolling his eyes, he watched as Camila took care of herself, as he knew she would. Watching his neighbor be basically, albeit politely, shot down made him smirk. He nodded at Camila's greeting, returning it with a smile. "Just barely. They're bad today, apparently."

While he wasn't nosy, Nick couldn't help but to overhear their conversation and found himself adding to it without really thinking.

"Adding 'the'? You must be new to the business, kid. Here's a little tip from someone who's been there and done that; it makes you look more than a touch self-obsessed."

Nicholas had taken on his usual lazy tone of sarcasm, eyes narrowed in amusent behind the thick fringe of his hair.

Claiming his usual position in the darkest corner of the elevator, Spook fixed his scarf in silence. He waved goodbye to Camila once she'd reached her destination, before turning his eyes to the ground once again.
full

code by spookie spookie

Alex

childish_christmas__otoya_ittoki_x_reader__by_misaki_kurenai-d8ay3k3.jpg

Nearby: People at the Cafe
@Tags: dandy dandy
Interacting: Brooke, open to interactions
Alex rolled his neck as he fit his key in the door. "Phew. I didn't think that African mythology would be so tricky..." he chuckled at his own joke.The class had just begun it's section on Anansi, the Spider Trickster God. He opened the door. "Girls I'm home!" entirely unnecessarily. As soon as he walked in, his two dogs began yapping and jumping all over him, glad to see him home. "Geez. You'd think I'd left for a week. Now sit! Quiet time!" Immediately the two dogs sat down and stopped barking. He walked through his apartment and entered his room. Picking up his his work computer case and the leashes for Titania and Athena, he clipped them up and began to take them out.
When he was done walking the two, Alex looked at his watch, it was almost 5 of.
"Hmm...maybe I'll swing by the Cafe before we go back. It's been a while after all." Walking in to the shop he saw one of his neighbors, the one that lived in the unit next to his, as they were walking out to get a seat. It was....he couldn't remember. Some people's names were harder to remember than others. He remembered the dog though, he always remembered an animal's name. He leaned down a little bit to speak to the dog. "Hello there Alfredo. Don't you look happy today? And hello to you too...err...neighbor" he said, straightening himself. "Enjoying your day?"

bb5acacb3e26a8acb62afcabf42a35d1.jpg

Genevieve was about to close up shop for today. Having a feeling no one else would be coming by. "Socks, Socks where are you?" The little kitten was around here somewhere, hiding no doubt. She spent the extra ten minutes looking until finding Socks napping on a pile of scrap fabric in the back of the shop. Smiling Genevieve scooped the little thing into her arms and placed her gently into her bag. The cat yawned and settled in the bag, her head sticking out the top, eyes closed. "Adorable as ever." With that, Genevieve locked the doors of the building and walked down the street. Careful not to move her bag to roughly for Sock's sake.

Motorcycles raced past her on the side walk, spooking the cat.
"Shhhh it's ok, go back to sleep little one." Once the cat calmed she resumed walking. Her plan was to drop Socks off and feed the both of them before heading out into town. Maybe go out to the bar, or just somewhere quiet and pretty.

Interacting: Socks/Open for interactions
Located: En Route to Aparment Complex

Last edited:
Interactions: Alex Brinni Brinni
Mentions: Alex and Ellie

Brooke nodded at Ellie's question, chuckling to himself a bit. "I didn't realize how hard getting situated was until now. I just can't decide where to put anything." Though he wanted to stay and talk (really he craved social interaction), he had his food within a few minutes and had no reason to stick around. He struggled to grab all three items with Alfredo tucked in his arms, but he managed, holding the small cookie back in his mouth until he was able to reach a table outside.

He sat down on one of the metal grated benches and sat his food on the the table. Alfredo jumped excitedly as Brooke opened the cookie bag, breaking the cookie into small pieces so the dog could enjoy it longer. He happily munched on his cake until he was interrupted by his neighbor Alex. Alfredo yipped happily at Alex, jumping against his leg as he usually did when seeing people he knew. Brooke didn't look forward to the day he was full-grown and decided to jump on people. Now that he considered it, it might be best to train him not to do that.

Brooke sighed quietly when Alex couldn't recall his name, though he couldn't blame him as they hadn't crossed paths too many times. They usually seemed to be walking their dogs when they bumped into each other. "Brooke," he reminded his neighbor with a smile. "My day hasn't been too bad. I finished up with school and struggled to get a blasted couch where I wanted it, but nothing too exciting. What about you?" He stirred his frappe with a stirring straw before taking a sip.

WTJ1mze.jpg

Interacting: Open

Steve was in the last stage of putting Jodie's bed together. He'd taken most everything from the house in New York. He'd taken the television set, much of the furniture and even the ice cube trays out of the freezer and all of the food. He'd also taken his ex-wife's handgun that she'd often pull out in her drunken state. I'll probably never use it, but she doesn't need a gun, not with how she got drunk and shot at everything. Bullet holes riddled the old house's ceilings, windows and walls. Why had he stayed married to her for so long?
"Dad?"
"Wha-?"
Steve looked in the direction of the voice with bleary eyes. It was his daughter. The eight-year-old's strawberry blond hair was somewhat frazzled and her blue eyes, which mirrored her father's, carried a look of concern.
"You've been just standing there for five minutes."
"Has it been five minutes?"
Jodie looked at him incredulously. "Yeah, Dad. You've been staring at the wall for five minutes."
"Sorry if I worried you." he replied with an apologetic tone while shifting the mattress onto the box spring.
"Are you all right?"
"Uh-huh." Steve grunted noncommittally while shifting the mattress a final time so that it and the box spring were perfectly aligned. "Hungry?"
"Yeah, but I don't trust that stuff Mom had."
"Well, we'll see what she had in there anyway."
Steve opened the freezer and pulled out a frozen pizza, looking it over. It wasn't long before he saw the expiration date. The shock could be seen in his eyes. "Wha-?" Steve could not believe his eyes, so he looked it over a second time.
"Gawd dammit!" Steve threw the pizza on the floor in rage, at which their Golden Retriever Stanley came to investigate, sniffing it the way only a dog can. "This crap expired back in March! Was she tryin' to kill us?!" He was probably heard throughout the fifth floor, but right then, he couldn't care less.
Jodie merely gave him a "told-you-so" look.

Last edited:

• gkSVsYr.jpg

"Stairs are such a pain."

Amara Colt

It wouldn't be long till the sun set and gave rise to the real thrill of the day. Well, perhaps not exhilarating for the average person-and Amara was far from- but such events made the young woman's heart tingle. The night shift at the local hospital. Not many volunteered to take the position. It seemed even the raise of hourly wage failed to tempt others to join in on the management of dark, somber, and eerie hallways.

Of course Amara wouldn't be the only authoritative soul in the massive building tonight; life wasn't that sweet and granting. But very few would be lingering, as always. Especially on a weekend, it seemed people had better things to do with their time than bide by the unfortunate citizens who lay rest there. Regardless, it wouldn't be until later that night that the shift would begin. She had a few more hours to wait out.

As Amara shut her laptop off and pushed the screen down lightly, she rose from her chair carefully, as if afraid the fabric from her black hoodie would snag on the counter corner and rip apart. It wouldn't of course. But no act of misfortune was out of mind to the woman. Everything must be accounted for. Every possible adversity. I'll walk around until my shift starts. There are a few hidden gems around to explore. And by gems, she meant abandoned fixtures. She was sure it was only a matter of time until she had browsed through each and every one of them in the city.

Amara managed to slink by undetected quite often. Much like a wandering shadow. So taking the elevator vs the stairs shouldn't prove to be much different. It was rare for others to notice her. As she pressed the down button, the light remained lit for quite some time. There must be people using it right now. A small sigh escaped her lips as she slowly began to make her way towards the door that led to the stairs. Stairs are such a pain.

• Leon Kensen
    Leon Kensen.png
    One of his older employees, Kira Zen, requested two White Russians. He began prepping the drinks immediately, and took note of her comment on his smoking habits. "They're probably shot if anything. Granted I don't do heavy physical activity anyway, but who knows. Maybe I've found a way to beat smoker's lung by not doing much." As he finished the drinks, he passed them to her. "You must have a bad habit of your own. Most everyone does. To each their own poison though, mine happens to be cigarettes." Taking a puff once again, he blew the smoke off to the side away from the customers and Kira. "How's the tip train? Strong as ever?"

With no more drinks to make for the time being, he cleaned off the accumulating garbage on the counter with a rag. "By the way, I'll be out tomorrow to talk with our suppliers about the next shipment. Think you'll be able to cover for the day?" He didn't often leave the bar, and when he did it was typically only for a couple of hours to fetch small amenities such as napkins or dish soap, but once ever month or two he'd leave for a day. The reasons varied, but typically it was dealing with suppliers or head of media for the business. "Since I'll be gone you'll need to get someone to cover the drinks. I trust you know how it goes here so I'll leave the rest for you to decide."

How's the tip train?
    Leon
    NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Kira)

(Best viewed in half browser view.)

Eleanor (Ellie) May
"Glad you liked it!" Ellie smiled, proud of her work. She placed the cash in the register as she listened to Tachibana talked about a bar. "Oh... I would love to go on a girls night but... I doubt I would even be allowed in. I am just 20-years-old. But I know someone who would love to go out and hang out," she answered, taking the card from Tachibana.

Ellie was called back to taking orders but continued to talk to her. "I'll see what I can do. Have a nice rest of your day!" Ellie quickly went back to barista mode as she continued to go through the line. Within the thirty minutes since the rush hour, she was able to get through them all. The rest of the baristas went around the cafe, taking orders and cleaning tables. Ellie stayed by the bar as she cleaned up the counter and cleared out the cashiers that needed the room. An hour and a half to go for her shift.

Interacting: Tachibana DVationz DVationz

Last edited:
WTJ1mze.png

Interacting: Open
Mention: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Steve had thrown the expired food in the garbage. He and Jodie had walked out of the apartment and he was in the process of locking the door.
"Rat bastard tryin' to kill us. Damn!" he muttered under his breath, though still loud enough to be heard.
"Dad, there was no way you could have known."
"No way, Jo? The evidence was right in front of me; I was just too blind to see it. How could I be so stupid?!" He groaned while turning the key in the lock a final time.
"There's no use beatin' yourself up over it. That's only gonna make things worse than they already are." She grabbed him by the arm. "Look, Dad. We survived. It's over. Mom didn't get to shoot us or do any of those other things she threatened. We don't have to deal with Mom since she said she'd never go back to California."
"Wow." Steve was too flabbergasted by the moment of wisdom his daughter had just displayed to notice that the elevator door had opened.
After a few seconds, his head swiveled to the left.
"Huh?"

Last edited:

bb5acacb3e26a8acb62afcabf42a35d1.jpg

Her walk home was interrupted. Socks mewed in annoyance as Genevieve bounced backwards a little. After a moment of looking at the male before her she smiled at him. His looks intrigued to her. "Not hurt at all, there's no need for apologies. In fact it was meant to be. I'm Genevieve." She held her hand out to shake his. The air about him felt clean and free of mal intent. Certain that he would be better friend than foe her decision to greet him kindly would ultimately be for the better. Even if it did delay dinner for both her and socks and her possible trip to the bar. Though, somethings just had to be sacrificed to walk the path fate put before us when it chooses to do so.

"I hope our encounter didn't harm the food you made? It would be a shame if such hard, delicious work crumbled." She kept very close attention to his response after this. Sometimes people didn't notice When Genevive mentioned things supposedly unknown to her and other times, ended badly. But he was so open, it was so easy to see the places he'd been it was hard not to peer into the past. Plus she was hungry and even food in the past lured her. Honestly it was more of a skip of the tongue turned to a small test of character and a hidden request for food.

Interacting: DVationz DVationz Ari
Located: Sidewalk somewhere En Route to Aparment Complex

Malia Laine
The elevator doors opened and Malia stroted out, checking her cell phone to find a new number. 'I was stupid to breakup with you, Lia. Come back to New York.' Malia cursed under her breath as she just locked her phone and look up to see a little girl and her father. For a moment she almost though he was a woman, but she new a woman when she saw one. "Good evening, you must be the new neighbors. I'm Malia Laine," she moved all of the bags on her right onto the left, with ease. With her right hand outstreatched to the man, she sifted he body a bit to the left as the weight of the clothes was clearly there, but Malia seemed to not even notice it.

Shaking her hand with the father, her phone went off. Rolling her eyes, she excused herself, "Sorry I have to see who that is." Quickly she read through the message and smiled, glad that her agent was fixing her ex-problem at the moment. "Sorry, my agent was just making sure I was okay. What brought you two to Suncrest? Hope not for a crazy ex like myself," she asked. She laughed to lighten the mood, but clearly, the topic was not a welcomed one as she looked between the two. She cleared her throat and continued, "I'm sorry... I try to make light of my situation..."

Interacting: Steve Steve Freeling Steve Freeling
Mention: Lily​

Last edited:

WTJ1mze.png

Interacting: Malia KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
Mention: Charlotte (though not by name)

Steve shook Malia's hand back in response. He waited for her to deal with whatever was on her phone before answering.
"I'm Steve Freeling and this is my daughter, Jodie. A crazy ex was part of it, she got toasted, beat up the cops and shot the house full of holes, but also, I moved to New York a few years ago, because she wanted to, and I wanted to come back home to California." He answered.
"She also called me and Dad 'stupid' all the time. She said she'd never go back to California. Oh, and when she shot the house full of holes? She was shooting at us. What kinda mother does that?" Jodie didn't bite her tongue and her voice took on the kind of blunt tone only a disgruntled eight-year-old could manage.
Steve really didn't want to talk about his ex-wife's antics anymore right now. "Well, at least it's over now." He said before changing the subject.
"You wouldn't happen to know where to get somethin' to eat, would ya?" An embarrassed laugh came through. "It looks like... all the food we had expired back in March and April."

Last edited:
Malia Laine
Malia was shocked by amussed by Jodie. He shocked look quickly turned to a smirk as she crouched down to her level and said, "You know, I like you kid. You remind me of myself when I was younger. Keep that stong spirit close to you. We need more brave ladies in the world." Malia booped Jodie's nose and gave her a quick wink. Getting up she nodded to Steve and answered, "The cafe in the lobby is still open. They serve about anything, there. I highly recommend it when you ever need a quick bite. You are lucky Movie night is next friday and not tonight."

She moved a bit out of the way as she continued, "I'll leave you two to go eat. I have clothes to put away." Malia lifted the ten large paper bags, which all clearly showed designer labels. If her appearance didn't show how much she enjoyed the good things in life, her apartment would. As she opened the door with the custom lock she had commissioned by the complex, you can see only pastel pink, white and gold. "If you guys ever need anything, I'm always a door away. It was nice meeting you guys," Malis gave them a final farewell before she slipped into her apartment and began to put away her new addition to her arsenal.

Interacting: Steve Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

Last edited:

• gkSVsYr.jpg

"Such colors wouldn't suite someone like me"

Amara Colt

The lobby was filled with more bodies than it had been the day before. People must be preparing to head out for the night. Amara allowed the foreign yet familiar voices to pass over her ears. All jargon. Nothing interesting to stick around for. But it seemed more than one group mentioned something about the Diefiiur Bar. Such places were rather crowded towards the evenings. Especially on a weekend. Amara found herself naturally drifting away from crowded areas. As much as she adored observing others and their interactions between one another, crowded settings were sightly uncomfortable for the woman. Perhaps she was a tad bit claustrophobic?

The cool air caressed her skin as Amara stepped outside; and she welcomed it. She hadn't made it too far until she witnessed a man collide with another woman several feet in front of herself. This could be worthwhile to observe. Walking off to the side, she distanced herself from them. Yet not too far as to miss the sound waves that traveled from their lips. The woman was beautiful. Her hair fashionable. Amara tipped her head down ever so slightly, watching her long midnight locks bleed over her knees. They almost touched the pavement below. If she had been sitting upon the ground it would. Such colors wouldn't suite someone like me. I'm satisfied being Rapunzel's shadow. She often compared her hair as so. The less attractive option would be the Grudge. But honestly the latter seemed most intriguing if she had to choose one.

Not even hiding the fact she were watching, she brought her focus up towards the two off in front of her, she leaned against a nearby tree. It was one of those trees the city planted along the road in attempts to add a serene feel to the area. The tree could be struck by lighting from the sudden spring of a storm and topple over me. Crushing my skull fatally. Unlikely. But possible.

DVationz DVationz AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Eleanor (Ellie) May
Ellie said goodbye to the costumer as she looked up to the next costumer in line, but was instead met with a camera in her face with a familiar voice spook from behind it. Ellie couldn't help but smile and blush a bit at Warren's words. "I swear, you are more of a flirt then you clain you are not." Leaning on the counter, happy to only have Warren in line now and let out a tired sigh, "Rush hour is one of the best and worst times to be working, it's a curse... but hey, I wouldn't traid it for anything."

She got back up again and gave him another smile, "Who what are we making for you?" Once he announced one of his usuals, she laughed and began to work on it. She was halfway through making his Chocolate Mint Espresso Frappe when he brought up the talk of the bar. "I dought I'll be able to walk in and enjoy the fun. I'm underage when it comes to drinking. I don't know..." she answered as she placed his drink on the serving counter, "As much as it sounds fun to have ladies night, bars and drinking isn't my thing. I rather have a ladies night at a bonfire or the natural springs."

Ellie looked around the cafe, seeming a bit relieved that it was calm once more. Remembering that she wasn't on the morning shift, she wondered how Ian was, which caused her to turn a bit pink in the cheeks. "How's your brother? You haven't killed him with your cooking, have you?" she asked with a joking smile and laughed. She knew Warren was amazing in his craft, just liked to tease him. Realizing her question might have revealed more than it should she cleared her throat and said, "So, how is the site doing?"

Interacting: Wareen NyxNightmare NyxNightmare
Mention: Ian NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Last edited:
Alex

childish_christmas__otoya_ittoki_x_reader__by_misaki_kurenai-d8ay3k3.jpg

Nearby: Everyone in the cafe

@Tags: dandy dandy

Alex smiled sheepishly as Brooke gave his name again. “Right, sorry Brooke. There’s just a lot of people in the building to try and remember.” He reached down and patted Alfredo’s head. He moved and took the seat across from Brooke before continuing.

“Oh if you need help, I’m more than happy to. As for me, I suppose that it’s going pretty good. My mythology class has started going in to the stories of Anansi. I’ve always found him fascinating so it’s really exciting. This place is so interesting don’t you think? So much mystery, so many unusual things and people, it’s perfect. Plus the history itself is fascinating. I’ve started taking some locational notes for my game idea, though I can’t decide if I should use Suncrest, this café, or find somewhere else for the base of operations. What do you think?”

Alex looked at his dogs who were dozing in the fading sunlight and smiled. This is the Seaside that I missed. The peaceful side. I must make sure to highlight it in my game, but for now…I’m just going to enjoy it.

Interactions: Alex Brinni Brinni
Mentions: Alex

Brooke shrugged slightly at his neighbor's apology, not caring too much that he didn't remember his name. Really, they had only exchanged names maybe one time and Brooke was so desperate for a friend he'd probably remember every bit of information somebody gave him. As Alex took the seat across from him, Brooke leaned down to tie Alfredo's leash to the table, not wanting to hold the dog the entire time he ate. He threw him another piece of his cookie before sitting up straight again.

Brooke realized Alex talked a lot. Which was good, he supposed. He talked a lot too. He did have a hard time keeping up with the load of question Alex asked, though. "I've never gotten much into Mythology, but it's good that you're excited. I've only been here for a short while, you see, I'm not too familiar with this history of this place. I didn't know it was very interested, maybe I'll look it up.

His mentioning of a game peaked his interest. "I think location would be easier to decide if you thought of which setting effected the point of the game even more. What sort of game is it?"

Aubrey Graham
Aubrey was stunned at Camila's response, he hadn't usually been shut down in such a way. Anywhere else, the girls usually just fell into his arms... this seemed to be very different. He tried his best not to freak out and storm off, the anger management therapy definitely seemed to be helping. How had she never heard of him? A worldwide phenom was what he was, platinum records at twenty-three, current billboard #100 first place holder. It was hard to believe it, how could she not have known him? Adding the, 'the' had just been a way of flirting for Aubrey, who was infuriated at this point. Still, he managed to control his anger. She'd chosen to call up someone else by the name of Spook, turning around to see a dark-haired, pale-skinned man.

"I'm not new to any business." He quickly replied to Spook. Before he could say anymore, Camila called out that she believed in second chances and walked off, a shallow smile forming on Aubrey's face. He sighed, filing into another elevator. He glared at Spook for a moment, but soon disregarded the man. He'd already isolated himself in the corner, that was punishment enough. A foreign voice spoke up in the midst of all this though, a purple-haired girl this time. Aubrey just glanced up, "I'm more of a summer type of guy, but fall's a'ight." He replied. Aubrey felt the awkward silence return, feeling rather guilty for the girl. "Hey, err... where 'ya headed? I've not any plans tonight, we could go down to an arcade or something?"

Interacting: Camila Seaside KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint , Spook spookie spookie Saren Hyatt NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

nicholas 'spook' sterling

| location // elevator | mood // annoyed | currently // being annoyed by an ego | with // saren, aubrey |

Spook spent a fair amount of time giving dirty looks to the so-called celebrity he shared the elevator with, finding him and his obvious self-obsession nearly intolerable. He'd dealt with people like this before in the music industry, and it never got any more pleasant.

His usual bitterness was interrupted by a pretty girl with purple hair, who he already found infinitely more pleasant than Mr. Ego.

She asked a question about fall, and Nick was swift at answering it, that being his favorite season and all.

"Absolutely... it's the best season, especially with all that candy around."

Nicholas offered the girl a slight but genuine smile, before being cut off by the guy he'd been trying so hard to tune out. He asked her out on what the young musician could only assume was a date, which made him visibly cringe.

Not only did this guy have an ego problem, but he also treated women like playthings. Ugh.

Thinking quickly, he smirked at him before turning his attention back to the young woman. "You're free to go with him if you'd like, but we had plans to meet up with a few friends and see a movie tonight, didn't we?"

Well, Spook had done his best. He could only hope she caught on to what he was doing and didn't fall for the obvious player.
full

code by spookie spookie

Users who are viewing this thread