[IC] State of Souls

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
[SIZE=26.666666666666664px]Nicolas Kye[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Time: [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]1:30 pm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Date:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Tuesday of Week 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Jeremy, if any of the students come in, send them out to the booth for me, ok?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Nicolas called out to the current head chef who nodded in reply. Then Nicolas turned and began the hobbling walk that would get him out from behind the counter and into the area that was typically reserved for customers. He was kind of an exception to that reservation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Nicolas Kye had been the manager of the little corner cafe for almost seven years by that point and many people in Death City knew him by name. He was a former meister at the DWMA although injuries had led him to retire from that career early on in his life. Anyone who saw him now would never be able to morally blame him for leaving that position. Walking on a crutch made catching souls very difficult. Nonetheless, he never let anyone consider him to be disabled and he always made sure he was giving back to the community in whatever way he could. That had included saving the cornershop cafe from bankruptcy back when he’d first taken it over. Now it was a flourishing business. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]It employed students who needed jobs, it prepared food for formal banquets at the academy a few times a year and Nicolas very rarely turned down a customer. Heck, in order to make sure service was always maintained, he would work the register on occasion even though it was tiring for a man in his condition. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Leaning on his crutch, his steps were short but steady as he finally got out to the booth and slid into the seat. Then he pulled out the note he received from Lord Death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Nicolas, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]As you are no doubt well aware, the poltergeists released during the concert last Friday were not all returned. It is imperative that we collect them as soon as possible. I’ve assigned a group of students to complete the job and I would appreciate it if you could brief them on your experience with the Edolas Box. It would be valuable information for them to have because it seems the remaining poltergeists are up to something that might be more than just their usual chaos. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Enclosed I have included a list of the students on the team. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]If you’re willing, I will have them stop by the cafe shortly after lunch. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Lord Death[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Of course, Nicolas had accepted. It wasn’t within the realm of possibility to turn down a request from the grim reaper himself. Looking over the list of names, he counted and then he put the list away. Six students… that was a manageable team. Now he just had to wait for them to show up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=26.666666666666664px]
Tc7bs9AJwJjJQ9d6S0GliKQOtsQ1j5ZMUIx_ldJobigWR1ZGcg86E3ZSW7x-2i6UqGaqDWy3ViPIT4CkP7PzSrYhmrHvxxeHyIS_cDmiDtn9ApBp-0QbXmo437YRbjse8BXdPFD5
[/SIZE][SIZE=34.666666666666664px]Announcement[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Welcome to State of Souls! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The mission has officially started. Your characters have all received the debriefing information listed on the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]State of Souls[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] sign-up page so you can assume they know all of that information unless the character chooses not to read it. Every character has also received instructions to report to Nicolas Kye - a former meister (they know that) - at his cafe in Death City. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Let me know if you have any questions and I’m happy to help! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]DaughterofAthena[/SIZE]

@CelticHero37 @Hanarei @QuirkyAngel @Vii @Zenaida

Last edited by a moderator:
Grace Jean (Axel Grace):

Erica Grace (Grace Hunter):

Taghan

"Wh-why did Lord Death ask us to do this again?" asked Erica tentatively as she walked down a street with her sister on their way to the cafe mentioned in the briefing.

"What, you think we're in trouble or something? This isn't a remedial lesson, Erica. We haven't even had a chance to screw things up yet, we just got back," responded Grace, irritated.

A confused look grew on Erica's face as she asked, "I-is this some sort of special, super important mission then?! Wh-why would Lord Death do that? I'm not ready to be trusted like that yet! Grace, c-can we go back?"

"No! I signed us up genius. We've got too much potential to waste time sitting around in our apartment hoping that some meisters will show up. Besides we've got a better chance of finding meisters if we're out doing something. You know I'd never sign us up for something we couldn't handle, sis. Trust me," replied Grace as they approached the cafe door. Grace looked inside with excitement, but as she reached for the door, Erica began to protest.

"W-wait, Grace, lets think this through. I't's not to late too..." Erica was interrupted by the fact that her sister tore the door to the cafe open with a big smile and stepped inside, dragging Erica along with her. 

After stepping inside, Grace noticed how empty the room was and a questioning look grew on her face as she said, "Hmm, I don't see people lining up for drinks 'n stuff. The brief said this was a cafe. Either this is the saddest cafe ever to exist, or I took us to the wrong spot."

"The sign says cafe," Erica pointed out reluctantly.

"Hmm," thought Grace as she looked forward and noticed Nicholas sitting in the chair, "Judging from the fact that you're sitting there in the middle of this empty room all by yourself tells me that either you're the Nicholas, or we should start walking away slowly and hope that nobody jumps us from behind... Nobody's gonna jump us from behind, right?" 

Nicolas Kye | Abigail Kye | Emma Kye (Age 8) | Ross Kye (Age 4)

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Nicolas’s attention promptly turned to the two girls who walked up next to him and he nodded in answer to their question. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Yes, I am Nicolas. Am I to presume then that you are students from the DWMA?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]It seemed a logical conclusion because he didn’t know of anyone else who would actively be seeking him out at the moment. They certainly looked like students as well, which helped. He gestured to the spots across from him as he added, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“You’re more than welcome to take a seat although we should wait for a few others to get here before I go into any details of your mission.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]It was then that he realized he didn’t know what they already knew about the mission and what Lord Death had left to him to explain. That would be fun to figure out. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Then the bell at the entrance of the cafe rang again, either signaling customers or more students. Nicolas craned his neck to get a quick peek and see which it might have been. He didn’t need more than a moment’s glance to recognize the woman and two children who walked in, though. They were his family. He glanced at the two students and said, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Excuse me for a moment, please.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Then he grabbed the crutch that was leaning against the table and used it to stand himself up and hobble towards the front of the store. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Even from where he had left them, Grace and Erika would still be able to hear the loud and synchronous exclamation of, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]D[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]a[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]d[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]d[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]y[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]![/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]that erupted from the two children who attacked him the moment they saw him. Even Nicolas struggled to maintain his balance as Ross practically lept into his arms. Emma knew a bit better and didn’t charge quite as firmly but it was still enthusiastic nonetheless. Emma looked up at him as he managed to get a hold of Ross and she explained, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Mommy said we could come visit you at work and get smoothies! We can get smoothies, right Daddy!?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Nicolas cast his glance over to his wife for a moment as she nodded, confirming Emma’s explanation. Setting Ross back on his feet, Nicolas replied, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Well, if Mommy said so, then I guess I can’t say no, can I?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Nope!”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Ross confirmed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Smiling at the small boy, Nicolas walked behind the counter and started mixing smoothies for his two children. His wife waited with the two kids and when Nicolas finally came back with their drinks, he gave one to each of them. Addressing Abigail - his wife - this time, Nicolas explained, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I have a meeting with some students from the DWMA right now but if you three would like to stick around, I’m sure we could sit as a family for a while after.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Sure. I’m sure I can keep them occupied for a little while.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]That was good. Then Nicolas got another idea. Glancing down to Emma who was happily sipping on strawberry banana, he suggested, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Why don’t you two go see if the students would like smoothies?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Ok,” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Emma agreed. She reached out her hand to take her little brother with her and the two of them walked over to the booth near where Grace and Erika stood. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Ross waved shyly and muttered, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Hi.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Emma was a bit older and more talkative. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“You two look the same. Are you twins!? I’ve never met twins before!! I always thought it would be fun to have a twin, but I’ve just got a little brother instead.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]She didn’t seem any less happy with the idea of having a little brother, though, which was definitely a good thing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Her brother just nodded and started sipping at his smoothie again. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Do you two want smoothies?”[/SIZE]

@CelticHero37 

Grace Jean (Axel Grace):

Taghan

Grace mentioning somebody jumping them caused a string of fear to singe up Erica's spine. Looking behind them and shuffling forward apprehensively, Erica bumped into her sister. Peaking around her sister's hat, Erica waited for Grace to respond to the man.

"Ooof... E-Erica? Quit messing around. Um..." Grace gave a quick bow before addressing Nicolas, "Yes sir! I'm Gra... I mean, that's right, we're back. I'm Axel Grace, and this is my sis, Grace Hunter! We're the Axe Twins! Reporting for duty sir!"

Grace slid to the side, straightened up, and presented a crisp salute. Erica looked around frantically, unprepared for her sister's actions and unsure of what would be socially acceptable to do. She didn't feel comfortable saluting, but felt she was now obligated to do so. Blushing brightly, she followed suit with her sister and saluted. However, she didn't hold this position for long, as the door ringing from the new customers caused her to jump, expecting the people that were about to jump them.

Grace smiled in acknowledgement as the man left. Then she rolled her eyes at Erica, saying, "Come on sis, ya gotta loosen up a bit. Just have fun. I was joking about people jumping us ya know. We're in the right spot."

"O-okay... if you say so," conceded Erica as the two kids came up to them and asked about them being twins. This sent a whole new wave of chills down Erica's spine as she quickly retreated behind her sister before realizing they were just some kids. She still remained behind her sister though, as she understood kids even less. Kids could be mean, but you could also hurt them easily, and then people would get mad at you. She didn't like kids because of that. They made her uncomfortable.

Grace stepped away from her sister and crouched down to the level of the kids with a big smile, saying, "Yup, we're twins alright! I bet havin' a brother's fun too though. I've never had one a those. Besides, even if you're twins, that doesn't mean things are always perfect. We still have fun together and get into fights together, just like any other siblings, right sis?"

"Hmm? Y-yeah, like any other siblings," responded Erica distantly as she looked down, feeling horrible at the fact that Grace still didn't know what had really happened.

Grace looked at her sister with concern for a moment before brushing it off and looking back to the kids and saying, "Sure, we can have smoothies together! We'll be smoothie buddies!"

Anime Twins.jpg

Aiko had found her way practically rushing to the cafe. She had known how upset Ella had been before about not being able to resonate, something that had left Aiko feeling a bit down herself. Her pride wouldn't allow her to give in and admit her own flaws, but at the same time she didn't want to let Ella down or cause her to feel responsible. She didn't like hurting anyone's feelings, something her own hubris wasn't enough to stop her from trying to be careful about. With Ella pushing heavily on the training it was Aiko's quick thinking she had signed them up for a mission as quickly as possible before her partner might notice.  

She probably won't give in if I try and shift the topic away to having fun, but maybe a mission might work! Its easy enough, I can say that can be our field training and not have to worry about her being hesitant about it! Its perfect, I can just go about, swipe away some baddies and walla like any other mission! Maybe then she won't be all worried about resonating and I can look like the kick ass person I am!

Her thoughts for earlier reached her mind as a smile filled her lips. As far as she was concerned she had dodged a bullet, nearly taking off forcing Ella to catch up before she really had much of a chance to protest her signing up to the mission. She nodded, opening the door wide. The girl smiled brightly, in some part attempting to, 'flaunt' herself by making her presence known. A brief pause was always a good way of drawing attention and growing curious of you. 

"Hello, I'm here to take care of the mission. Don't worry, with Aiko the Blurr on the mission, it's as good as dealt with."

She spoke aggrandizing herself. While most had just an alias, she couldn't help but incorporate her own name into it. She had her hand lifted up, her thumb pointing to herself. Her expression seemed to be of complete confidence, partially fueled by her escape from training. Her expression quickly faltered as her eyes slipped over catching sight of Erica. The two twins were with each other, seemingly talking to some children. The confidence she displayed seemed to turn to unease as even the normally bold and out there Aiko seemed to shrivel up a bit. Her mind shifting quickly, last remembering being with her having finally let go of Erica in her weapon form being pulled from the wound that was inflicted.  She seemed to pause looking on with a rather solemn expression on her face, for once Aiko not having any words to speak.

@CelticHero37 @DaughterofAthena  @QuirkyAngel

Grace Jean (Axel Grace):

Taghan

Erica looked up from the children and locked eyes with Aiko for a moment. The sudden appearance of her former meister had brought on all sorts of thoughts and feelings that she simply wasn't ready to face. Looking to the floor, she took a step back and folded her arms. She had really enjoyed having Aiko as her meister, but blamed herself for the fact that they had to split up. She wished she could just disappear and not have to deal with the current situation. This wasn't how she had wanted to meet Aiko again, as she was sure her former meister had a new weapon by now. Which made her the old model, cast aside for something more stable. It was like running into an ex that you want back but know you can't have anymore.

These thoughts were interrupted by the fact that Grace hopped up from the floor and blurted out, "Yo! It's Koko!" Koko being a nickname Grace used for Aiko sometimes, "Long time no see pal! Finally Erica'll stop talkin' my ear off about missing you." Grace ran forward and threw her arms around Aiko in a welcoming hug. Then she looked back and said, "Hey Erica! What are ya doin'? Get over here!"

Erica blushed a bright red and began to stutter out words as she took a few more steps back, "E-Erica? Wh-who's that? I-I'm not Erica. I'm... uh... I'm gonna use the restroom quick b-before this big mission. Y-you should too si... I mean, cousin. Yeah. L-let's go."

Grace glanced over with a confused look at first until she realized what was going on. Then she let go of Aiko and let out a labored sigh saying something under her breath, "Smooth Erica. A real class act right there."

Grace gave Aiko an apologetic look as she spoke up, "Sorry Koko, you know how she gets in new social situations. Don't read into it. I'll handle this. Catch!"

Grace began a short flip as she morphed into her basic battle axe form. She made sure the handle was in range and pointing toward Aiko so she could catch it with ease and not worry about cutting herself. She didn't send out any wavelengths, which rendered her about as useful as any normal inanimate tool. This was a standard maneuver that allowed meisters to hold onto different weapons without getting shocked. Of course the weapons were pretty much useless in this form, but that didn't matter for the point Grace was trying to make.

Erica looked back in shock as her sister forced the situation. The situation could no longer be written off as some fluke in the day. Grace had made sure of that. She had Erica caught in a trap as she frantically glanced around for an excuse. Anything that would let her escape. Tears had begun to form in her eyes as she glanced back to Aiko for one second before curling up into an axe form herself and dropping on the floor like a lifeless inanimate object.

Anime Twins.jpg

@Hanarei @DaughterofAthena

Nicolas Kye | Abigail Kye | Emma Kye | Ross Kye

Emma's eyes continued to watch Grace and Erica in awe as they spoke, as they interacted, and finally, as they anwered her offer for smoothies. "Having a brother is nice," she agreed. That wasn't quite as important as smoothies, though, because Emma quickly rushed on to that topic. "What flavor would you like? This month is strawberry month so there's strawberry banana, strawberry kiwi and chocolate covered strawberry." Emma was drinking a strawberry banana smoothie and Ross's was clearly chocolate covered strawberry.

Nicolas and his wife remained up by the counter of the cafe, letting their children feel responsible for making sure the students got smoothies if they wanted them. This meant that they were standing right by the door when Aiko walked in to the shop and Nicolas looked her way to greet her.

"Welcome! I'm glad to see we've got a confident group of students. We're going to start the briefing once everyone is here, but until then, if you would like, you can have a smoothie." It was only fair that all of the students had a chance to have one. However, it took Nicolas a moment longer to realize that there was more than just enthusiasm in Aiko's gaze. It almost seemed as though she had seen a ghost which was quite odd because the mission hadn't started yet.

Emma and Ross both quickly shifted their attention when Grace and Erica addressed the newcomer. In fact, both of the two children had to jump out of the way in order to let Grace charge Aiko and hug her.

When Erica tried to say that she was Grace's cousin, Ross looked very confused. "I thought you were twins," he verbalized. Emma nodded, recalling that they had just been telling her about being twins and how it wasn't too much different than having a brother probably was.The expressions on both of their faces got even more confused when the twins turned into weapons. While Emma had learned a little bit about it in her brief elementary education so far, Ross had never even seen such a thing.

"Wh-what happened?"

Emma pulled Ross away a little bit as they were standing right by Erica's weapon form on the floor. She really wasn't sure what the responsible thing to do in that situation was. Abigail, their mother, took notice of Emma's discomfort and she leaned forward and kissed Nicolas on the cheek. "I'm going to take the kids out of here for now. This isn't... well, it isn't something they need to be around. We'll stop back in about an hour or so."

Nicolas sighed and nodded his agreement although he was disappointed. He had expected Lord Death to send him students who could maintain the family environment of the cafe.

Abiail walked over and grabbed Emma's hand. Emma was still holding Ross's hand and together the three of them walked out of the shop. Ross was frowning and waving as he muttered, "Smoothie buddies later?" They hadn't gotten to help any of the students get smoothies.

Once his family was gone, Nicolas calmly took in a breath and then said, "Will someone kindly tell me why you decided to turn my shop into a DWMA classroom? This is meant to be a safe place for families and weapons don't exactly sustain that environment while in weapon form." He wasn't happy with the situation, but the former teacher in him was coming out as well, demonstrating that he was willing to help if it was actually something he could manage.

@CelticHero37 @Hanarei 

[SIZE= 22px]Ella M. Trinity[/SIZE]

Ella panted when she finally arrived at the cafe that Nicholas Kye owned, leaning against the outside of the store to catch her breath. Seriously. Aiko wasn't called the blur for nothing. Keeping up with her was like trying to keep up with a whirlwind. One minute they'd planned to train. The next she'd signed up--last minute--for a mission. Not just any mission. It was the poltergeist one. The half-zombie weapon couldn't figure out what Aiko was thinking. Didn't the concert prove that they couldn't handle ghosties without soul resonance? Without that, they could only freeze the ghosties temporarily and wait for whoever had Edolas's Box to show up. It was risky to sign up for a mission without being prepared. Without practice. What if Aiko died. Thoughts of the rose haired meister's death, reminded her of what happened to Kira.

No. I won't let that happened.

Shaking her head, Ella wiped the sweat from her brows, adjusting her hair clip to fix her pink hair just as the door opened. Startled, Ella watched as a woman and two children made their exit. Nicholas's family presumably. Pale pink eyes orbs followed the trio as they disappeared into Death City. Why were they leaving? Curious, Ella peered inside the cafe. "Aiko...?"

She could feel the tension. It reminded her of a classroom where students were being scolded by a teacher. But that wasn't what made her freeze and her eyes widen. It was the sight of Aiko wielding an what appeared to be a battle axe in her hand. Not just any battle axe. She could tell it was a demon weapon like her. There was a matching axe lying on the floor, but Ella didn't pay much attention to it. Her eyes were only for Aiko and the weapon in the meister's hand.  

"I-Is that it!?" Her voice was shrill, like a scorned lover, as she met Aiko's gaze. "Is that why you didn't want to train with me!?"

It shouldn't have hurt Ella as much as she did. She was Stray Spinner--the cursed weapon. She'd broken many partnerships because she couldn't handle the pain of growing close to another meister. No commitment was her policy. She was only getting her just desserts. She was used to it. Yet, despite all that, she felt the beginnings of tears welling behind her eyes. Turning, Ella ran away before she could let them fall.

@Hanarei

@CelticHero37

@DaughterofAthena           

Grace Jean (Axel Grace):

Taghan

"Nooo, smoothie buddies. Awe. Dammit Erica, you get out here right now!" came the reverbious voice of Grace through the battle axe in Aiko's hand. A second voice followed after, but for different reasons. Curious about the new arrival, Grace dropped out of her weapon form. She was just in time to catch the girl running away. It took a moment for her to put the pieces together.

When she did, she looked over to Aiko with a labored look and said, "Don't tell me. That's your partner isn't it? Of course, why wouldn't it be. Right when I do that."

Since the attention was no longer directly on Erica, she felt the coast was clear for her to come out of weapon form. She reappeared in her human form with her hands over her mouth in surprised confusion. D-did I cause that? No... c-come back. W-we didn't mean it. You can have Ai...you can...Erica's thoughts paused here as she contemplated what that meant for her. She hadn't said it out loud, so to everyone else, she was just standing there shocked and embarrassed.

Grace was the one to act on the situation to try and put an end to all of the annoying drama. Chasing after the girl, she called out, "HEY! HEY! HEY! You get your butt back here missy! My sister would've given anything for the chance to continue as Aiko's weapon and you're just gonna throw it away like that?! I don't know why you're so upset, but I won't... I WILL NOT BE THE CAUSE OF ANOTHER BAD PARTNERSHIP BREAK UP! SO GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!"

"G-Grace?" were the only words that Erica mumbled once her sister said she was the cause of the partnership break up. You thought it was your fault? It was mine. I'm the one to blame.

Aiko watched Erica, seeing her eyes seem to avoid hers. She looked towards her in a daze as she couldn't find any words to use. It didn't seem as if Erica even was attempting to speak. She blinked as her thoughts were interrupted as Grace spoke up. Her head shifted gasping lightly as she was hugged, the taken back Aiko lightly embracing her although seeming a bit hesitant, her eyes venturing over towards Erica. While she mentioned Erica talking about her, she couldn't help but feel more unease as the girl looked to be avoiding her. It felt even worst knowing she had a new weapon now, as if betraying her in some way. As Grace pulled away she watched Erica speak up trying to play herself off as someone else.

She heard the man she assumed to be in charge speak, shaking her head. "I'm alright, thanks though." She spoke much less bombastic then her typical reaction to things. She wasn't exactly the type to be completely rude when she spoke with people although she was generally not so soft spoken about things. She didn't even seem to play herself up at all in the process.

"Ha, I don't worry about any of that... nothing gets to me after all." She spoke, far less convincing then her normal cocky act. As much as she was clever acting on her overconfident side, it was far less easy for her to do it now. It was a wound she had that she really didn't realize until she saw Erica again. She had always worried about Erica and hoped she would get better, but she never really thought about the rift the events that day could cause, even more so feeling as if she let Erica down.

Aiko was a bit taken off guard, watching as Grace suddenly began to transform. Her instincts quickly snapped to as she took hold, masterfully grabbing onto Grace spinning her around briefly before holding her firmly in her own hand. She could see Erica shift into her weapon form before crashing into the ground. She held firmly onto Grace staring down upon her former partner. The owner's voice barely registered as a background noise in her ears as the children were ushered away. She heard him speak up as she turned her head to him, trying to find a response back just as she caught Ella from the corner of her eye, Grace still firmly gripped in her hand. Her words quickly reaching her ear as Aiko shook her head.

"Th... that's not what... its not what you think..." She spoke stumbling for words as it seemed for once in her life Aiko didn't have some witty response back. It wasn't as if what she was saying was true, but she couldn't deny a sense of tension. As Ella darted away as she spoke Aiko was much to lost to respond quick enough to catch her or stop her. It was Grace who swiftly shifting out of her Axe form quickly chasing after Ella. Her eyes kept focused out towards where the two ran off towards. Her head turning back looking towards Erica once again hearing her utter her sister's name. Her eyes fixated on her as her facade faded, genuinely seeming a bit upset for once not hiding it as she typically did. 

@DaughterofAthena @QuirkyAngel @CelticHero37

Aiko 'The Blurr' Selmatu

Erica Grace (Grace Hunter) Taghan

Reunion

Erica stared off in her own little world for a moment, pondering all the regrets she had and wondering how she could ever make things better. Finally, she sensed someone looking at her from her peripheral. She looked over to see Aiko with an unhappy look on her face. Since it was such a contrast to Aiko's usual behavior, Erica immediately understood she had only made things worse. 

Trying to avoid looking at Aiko for fear that she might start crying, Erica rubbed the goosebumps from her arm and said, [COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 0)]"I... I'm sorry... A[/COLOR]iko. I was scared. Seeing you again... y-you were the first," Erica fought to hold back tears and began to sniffle slightly, [COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 0)]"The first friend outside of my sister... p-people generally scare me because they expect you to know things and then you don't and then you screw up and you get yelled at and people don't like you and they tell other people and... and... y-you didn't care about any of that... you accepted me for who I was... and now... n-n..."[/COLOR]

Erica couldn't bring herself to say the words. She had been dodging this truth ever since she had to leave. Coming up with excuses, possibilities, and distractions to keep her hopes up. However, there was no more room for excuses, no more space for possibilities, and no more time for distractions. Reality had come, and despite the fact that Erica wanted to be happy to see Aiko again - the fact (or at least what she felt was fact) that they would no longer be friends made it feel like she was stabbing herself in the heart. All Erica wanted to do was curl up in a blanket and cry. Which that though made her want to cry even more, as she would no longer have Aiko there to comfort her when she felt lost. Because of all this, Erica couldn't finish the sentence. Instead, she stood there sniffling, staring intently at the floor trying desperately to hold off the inevitable.

Aiko heard Erica's voice, watching her quietly. Her meister kept fixated on her previous weapon staring quietly on letting her finish speaking as she cut off short. She kept where she did pausing briefly as she remained in place. Finally, Aiko nodded as she build herself back up. She slowly walked towards Erica. Her eyes kept locked upon the girl as she fought back tears. Her arms spread wide as she embraced her, holding firmly onto Erica. 

"That's stupid, if people yell at you it should be because your too cute." She spoke as her voice sounded much more confident. She lifted her finger, gently flicking her nose attempting to be a little playful while trying to nudge her to look up. A warm smile on her lips keeping still quite tame from her usual self. As much unease she felt, she was happy to see her again. While Aiko could be extremely social, she wasn't exactly the type to have many people she would consider a friend. 

"As far as I'm concerned you still are a friend, so don't go hiding from me okay? I was worried about you." She spoke keeping her upbeat expression as her hand return to hold onto her lightly. She gave a light nod looking at her. "So don't you go crying, 'cause your just going to make me worry more, and your much better when your happy, okay? Not to mention it hides away how much of a bad ass you are, after all your were good enough to be my partner and amazing friend!"  She spoke with a very soft laugh looking at her.

Erica jumped slightly at Aiko's embrace. She stiffened with fear as the eerie goodbye she had dreaded and envisioned so many times was finally coming true. This was it. There partnership was officially broken up. However, these thoughts were eradicated as soon as Aiko began to speak. The confident, carefree voice of Erica's best friend had returned. As usual, good ole' Aiko had one of her silly lines that always made Erica feel better. 

Erica couldn't believe what was happening. From the upbeat words, the smile, the peppy attitude, and the comfort that had been fostered from them, she found herself being freed of a huge burden that had been weighing on her ever since she left. Aiko wasn't mad, and she wasn't disinterested, she actually still cared. Even if she had another partner now, she still wanted to be friends with Erica.

There would still likely be some tensions between Erica and the other weapon, but she was willing to give up Aiko as a meister if that meant the could remain friends. Erica couldn't help a few tears escaping, but they were fueled by joy rather than sadness. She gladly returned the hug, beaming with newfound hope. Because of the situation, it was possible she would even make another friend in Aiko's new weapon. 

After a period of hugs and laughter, Erica let go. She began to hop around cheering, [COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 0)]"Yes! Yes! Thank you so much Aiko! This year is gonna be [/COLOR]great... ooh, ow. That was close. Note to self, don't jump in heels."

Turning back to Aiko with a more serious face again, Erica extended a hand and asked, "So, I w-was kinda mean back there. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that to my best friend. C-can you forgive me?"

Aiko watched as Erica's expression seemed to shift. She was a bit taken back at first, though a bright smile filling her lips. She was happy to see her words helped her looking happily at her friend. She had to admit in some part she felt guilty having a new weapon, although it seemed as if that wasn't an issue for Erica. Her laughter only furthered her comfort before she pulled away. 

Aiko watched as Erica began to bounce around, seeing her fumble a bit wearing her heels. She let out a light laugh shaking her head. [COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Heels are never a good choice for shoes, too limiting to move in, not to mention they also give you less foot to strike a foe with or anyone who gives you lip!" [/COLOR]She spoke with a nod staring at her friend warmly.[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)] "It's fine... don't go hiding away from me again okay. Someone as amazing as me should never be ignored and be openly admired, specially by a friend!." [/COLOR]She spoke as her normal upbeat prideful self returned. 

Her eyes suddenly shifted to the man, not really knowing his name. She hadn't really see anything about the details for the mission going ahead, it was a hasty mission choice she put no thought into it. She was very much the type to 'wing it' naturally, attempting to get out of training only made it that much easier to neglect the details. 

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Nothing to worry about sir, with Aiko the Blur here nothing can stop someone as amazing as me getting the job done."[/COLOR] She spoke, seeming to in some part ignore the actual content of what he said, in some part out of not fully registering what he said but primarily out of purposeful ignorance. She didn't want to get lectured or anything of that nature.

@Hanarei@QuirkyAngel@DaughterofAthena

Nicolas Kye

Nicolas could only watch as the situation unfolded inside his shop. Frustration still seethed within him because he'd had to send his family away, but he could tell that at least some of the students seemed to be slightly remorseful for having sent his family away. Either that or they were saddened by the fact that they would likely not be getting smoothies anymore. With how much drama seemed to be boiling, Nicoals doubted they would have time for smoothies. He didn't have all afternoon and the more time they took to figure out their own personal problems, the less time he would have to give them details on the mission.

The more he watched, the more it seemed that he was losing more of the team than he was gaining. Presuming that everyone who had peeked in was a member of the team sent by Lord Death, four members were technically accounted for. Two hadn't showed up yet. However, he had to consider whether or not this was a team Lord Death would have assembled or not. They seemed far too much like school kids to handle the seriousness of a mission.

"I hope it was nothing to worry about," he replied to Aiko eventually. "I do have a business to run and I didn't exactly plan to free up my whole afternoon to brief you guys on it so the sooner we are able to get to the information you'll need, the better. My family would like to be able to spend some time with me this afternoon as well. Running a shop and being a confident of the Grim Reaper doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to spend with my children. I'm sure you can understand that much." Though there was nothing rude about anything he said, it was clear that Nicolas really didn't want to spend all day waiting for the students to be ready for him to brief them.

Leaning against his crutch, Nicolas groaned slightly. He could only comfortably stand for so long in his condition. Starting to move back towards the tables, he glanced back at the two students who were still present in his shop. "I'll be at the table when you're ready for the briefing." He wanted to add a reminder that he didn't have all day, but Nicolas didn't think that would be a kind thing for him to do. He understood that sometimes people would need a bit of personal space and he had a little room to offer them.

@CelticHero37 @Hanarei @QuirkyAngel @Vii @Zenaida 

Aiko and Erica.jpg

Grace tried her best to get Ella to come back, but the distraught weapon wouldn't be convinced. The girl just continued running in misery as before. A few minutes after the whole incident happened, Grace sulked back to the cafe, her own eyes becoming a little teary thinking about it. After a short pause, she said grimly, "E-Ella... won't be joining us on the mission."

Wiping her nose on her sleeve, Grace stomped angrily up to a table and plopped into the chair. She then rested her head on her arms and continued to whimper.

Aiko had a smile lingering on her lips just as Grace had walked back in. Her eyes turning to her noticing Ella wasn't with her. She seemed almost lost in a daze seeing her knowing what was going on but was in too much denial until Grace finally spoke. Her eyes locked onto Grace's as the smile on her face vanished. She turned her head away as she tried to put on a smile again, far to evident it was a poor attempt at faking it.

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Ah... I see... I... I mean she will be alright, she is a tough cookie!"[/COLOR] She spoke giving a thumbs up seeming almost more so trying to convince herself rather then Grace. some of her unease returning as it seemed Ella was gone. She hadn't intended to hurt the girl's feelings... it left her feel that much worst. She looked over to Erica then over to Grace. She walked over to Grace putting her hand on her back.

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Don't worry about it, okay? It's not your fault. If anything its my fault really. so... keep that chin up, you still got awesome me here to take care of things." [/COLOR]She spoke attempting to get back to her typical cocky self. It was always her method of trying to get out of troubling things in some way. She didn't want Grace to feel bad for something that was mostly her own fault.

Grace sniffed and lifted her head with a sigh. Her face still reflected the sorrow she felt. After a moment, she said quietly, "I get it now... that's why Erica likes you so much. She doesn't have to worry about messing up when you're around... because you'll take the blame."

Erica looked to the floor, beginning to feel guilty again. She didn't really know how to deal with her sister's analysis of her either. Deep down, she knew Grace was right, but for some reason she found herself feeling embarrassed and wanting to deny it. Before she could say anything though, Grace continued, "But... there's no way around this one Koko. I caused the situation because I was trying to force..." Grace turned to look at Erica and said, "I got angry and was trying to control your feelings and force you to be friendly like always. Usually it's just because you're shy, but this time you really wanted to be alone, and I'm sorry. I've been horrible sister."

Erica stood in shock at what had been said. That was the last thing she expected to hear from her sister, and she didn't like feeling that it was right. She cared for her sister and never saw her as being horrible. As she stared in silence, Grace got out of the chair and wrapped her arms around Erica, saying, [COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 128)]"I'm sorry."[/COLOR]

Erica's mind began to flood with emotions that she didn't know how to deal with. She tried to think of an appropriate way to respond. However, before she could do anything, her instincts took over. Normally in this sort of situation, Erica would just look to disappear and avoid dealing with it all together. Usually she would just morph into her weapon form, which she did. Only this time, since Grace had been hugging her, they suddenly morphed together into their fusion form.

Grace's irritated voice resonated from the weapon, "Dammit Erica!"

"I-I'm sorry," came Erica's voice in frantic apology.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 128)]"Hey wait... we did it again. Erica! We did it again!"[/COLOR] cheered Grace.

"I s-said I'm sorry," pleaded Erica.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 128)]"No, silly. You don't need to apologize for anything! Ya see this Koko?!"[/COLOR] answered Grace.

Aiko kept up the warm smile trying to be reassuring despite her own feeling of guilt. She was a bit surprised by Grace's words, not really seeing herself having done so. Usually it was much more of an excuse she used... though she never put blame on her partners ever. She couldn't do so when she felt responsible for things. She did take some responsibly occasionally but it was far just simply admitting something, she had a way of trying to brush it off even when she did. 

Before she could get a chance to react to Grace taking blame, she watched the two sisters hug. She blinked a bit surprised looking down staring at the two. She was a bit baffled looking on. [COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Uh... yeah..."[/COLOR] She spoke taken back a bit caught off guard again. It seemed quite unlike the normally bombastic Aiko who tried to act all knowing. She shook her head a bit looking down at the two. She picked them up from the ground, not wanting to keep them resting upon it.

She looked at them with a smile on her lips attempting to regain her composure. [COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Oh? Did the great Aiko get you both to come together to form Gracika, the ultimate weapon?"[/COLOR] She spoke being a bit more playful in her tone still quite surprised though hiding it much better looking at the two.

Grace and Erica disolved out of their fusion form to end up standing in a circle with Aiko holding hands. All the positivity had made Erica comfortable enough to forget about her anxiety. As they planted their feet on the ground, Grace said with gusto, [COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 128)]"We are Graka, the Halberd Fusion Weapon team! With our meister, the one and only Courageous Koko! ...and the crowd of students goes wild! Or maybe it would be a crowd of girls years from now cheering as they meet the founders of their sorrority. Cause it sounds like it'd be a sorority or a team of some kind. Don't you think?"[/COLOR]

Erica gigled slightly, but then frowned as she said quietly, "I wish it were real."

Grace made a worried cringe as she felt sorry for bringing up the idea. Then she looked to Aiko for help, as she didn't want to make the same mistake as last time.

Aiko laughed a bit with a big grin on her face.[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)] "It will be rear of course! Though you forgot the words Awesome, Amazing, The best, and many others when labeling me." [/COLOR]She spoke in her typical cocky manor. She enjoyed playing things up a lot not at all hesitating to do so. She heard Erica's less then enthused tone after her giggle and frown. Aiko let go of her grip suddenly wrapping her arm around Erica's shoulder in a friendly way leaning in close.

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"It will be real! Don't worry your buddy Aiko will make it so! I'll even spare the guy you find the cutest and make sure he can't help but resist to be with you." [/COLOR]She spoke with a wide grin holding her hand out as if attempting to emphasize things further about their fame. She was her loud energetic self. Truthfully deep down though she still felt worried about Ella, hoping the girl was alright.

Erica looked in the direction indicated by Aiko's hand as if she were beginning to see the idea herself. Then she smiled and loomed to the floor, saying, "Okay. I'd like that."

Grace smiled and joined Aiko in putting an arm around Erica's shoulder. Then she frowned again as she realized Erica was wearing the wrong hat. She figured it must've happened because of their fusion form.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 128)]"Hey, gimme that,"[/COLOR] complained Grace as she switched their hats back. Then she gave another smile and began to laugh uncontrollably, as things were finally seeming to work out for them.

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]Aiko looked on smiling at the two. She was happy to see the two were both fine after the ordeal some time ago. She kept were she was relaxed, happy to be there, hoping Ella would be okay. She would have to try talking to her later and apologizing for the misunderstanding. [/COLOR]

@Hanarei@DaughterofAthena

Jessyka Volontari

It was quite an interesting scene that Jessyka Volontari walked in on in the cafe she had been sent to. Normally, she was fairly accustomed to all the odd things that could happen at the DWMA with the students who got involved. However, this was a bit out of place even for her. She saw the fusion weapon form of the twins. She heard the roaring cheer that they seemed to be trying to act out to make it into some kind of show. For a moment, she even considered adding in some real applause just to see what they would do when they heard it. By the time the thought had crossed her mind, though, the moment had already passed.

Then she felt the smallest pang of jealousy. The way they seemed to interact and to comfort one another - the physical contact of it all - was something she would never have. Not only had her one long-term partner randomly vanished on her, but she additionally had the one pathological fear that scared people away from being her friend in the first place. Everyone found it to be so odd and they feared that they would hurt her without meaning to… all because human touch for some reason or another sent her into an anxiety attack.

Sighing, she decided that she couldn’t just sit and watch forever. Instead, she took a few more steps into the cafe and called out, “I got a call that there was an opening in the mission,” she told anyone who could’ve heard. Nodding acknowledgement, she smiled briefly at Aiko; they were both two star meisters albeit very different in their approaches. “Lord Death seemed to think that I would be a good fit.”

Pulling out her phone, she glanced over the memo she’d received. “Apparently Adrika was on her way a while ago. Has anyone seen her yet?” Adrika was the weapon she was meant to partner with. Although she hadn’t worked with the girl before, Jessyka wasn’t too concerned. Usually working with new people wasn’t a problem for her.

@CelticHero37 @Hanarei @Zenaida

DeZeMyp.png

After Adrika had bid goodbye to her two chatting companions in the DWMA the previous day, she'd wandered over to the missions bulletin, and signed up for a mission. At the time, there was a meister without a partner, and she was more than happy to fill that spot. However, shortly after she woke up the following morning, the day of the missions start, she received word that the meister she'd signed up to work with was no longer attending, and that they'd found another student for the job. Due to the mission briefing's being around noon, the excited young girl had decided to spend the morning out and about Death City.

She spent a good amount of time just walking around the city, until she found her way to a small basketball court, where several of the city's children were playing. There, she joined in on their game with ease. She loved the thrill of it, even though it was all in good fun. She spent so much time there, that she didn't realize until it was almost too late that she needed to get over to the cafe to meet with Mr. Kye.

In a rush, she'd bid the kids goodbye and hurried off again. She wasn't really rushing because she could possibly be late, but rather because she was excited to go on this mission, much like a new student would be. This would be her first mission as an EAT student, and she sure didn't want to miss it. She arrived at the cafe, unknowingly only a few short minutes after her soon-to-be partner for the day questioned her whereabouts.

Now she stood, hands on her knees, just inside the door to catch her breath from her literal sprint. When she was ready, she stood up full, which really didn't make her much taller since she was still pretty short. "Sorry if I made you guys wait! I got to playing basketball and lost track of time. I'm Adrika!" She greeted, excitedly and very loud despite the closed in space. Her face held a huge grin, and she waved with one hand. She really didn't look the least bit apologetic with her apology on her lateness, mostly because she didn't actually care she was late, just that the others were still there.

@DaughterofAthena @CelticHero37 @Hanarei

lCFdzu4.png

Aiko watched as someone entered into the shop. She looked on curiously at the girl. It didn't take long for her to put on a big grin in response. "Yo! Hmm.. I guess so... I mean... I could handle it all on my own but having others aren't isn't a big deal I suppose. Aiko the blurr always gets the job done." She spoke in her ever so overconfident way. Her thumb was lifted up pointing to herself as if advertising herself further. She could recall Jessyka seeing her before, granted it wouldn't change her reaction even if she didn't. She always had to gloat a bit when it came to anything entailing a mission or just advertising herself out gleefully. 

It wasn't that long after she witnessed as Adrika came bursting into the room. She looked on at the girl as it seemed to open another chance for her to speak up pointing her thumb back at herself again. "Aiko the Blurr, I'm sure you heard about me though. Of course, all those awesome rumors about me are true." She spoke with a grin not hesitating at all to  go flaunting herself again. It helped her at least to feel less uneasy about what had happened earlier. Truthfully she wasn't quiet certain about the mission yet but it wouldn't stop her from being upbeat and overly thrilled about it.

"So... anyone else suppose to show up in surprise or... are we good?" She spoke not even knowing what the details of the mission were or who was coming. She had grabbed it hastily as an excuse to get away from 'training' particularly exposing her lack of ability to resonate. 

@CelticHero37 @Zenaida @DaughterofAthena

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]Malacai Grave[/SIZE][SIZE=18.666666666666664px] [/SIZE][SIZE=18.666666666666664px]and [/SIZE][SIZE=18.666666666666664px]Isaac Perinnin[/SIZE]

Malacai stood at the corner of a street. His partner was running late, as usual. I wonder what sort of trouble he got himself into this time. It is always a wonder with him. No doubt it involved some pointless fight. Doesn’t he understand that the missions are important? Malacai had received his mission briefing a while ago, and it was something he had dealt with in the past. According to the briefing, some of the poltergeists released by Nicolas’ box were still running amok, and the mission was to retrieve them. While he did not know much about the Edolas Box itself, he did know that these creatures were dangerous, and should be retrieved. As he leaned against a nearby pole, he saw his partner walking up to their typical meeting location, bruises and all. He rolled his eyes.

Isaac approached his partner, at the common spot, as he liked to call it, and noticed his eye roll. “Hey, don’t blame me for this. That guy was asking for it, pushing around several citizens, and then shoving me aside like I was a common obstacle…”

Malacai proceeded to interrupt his partner, a sense of urgency in his voice. “I don’t care what the circumstances were. You need to stop getting into these altercations. I tell you this every time we meet here. If you truly want to grow, you need to stop picking a fight with every random citizen you happen upon.”

“Hold up, it’s not everybody. I’m not doing it right now, am I?” Isaac responded.

Malacai sighed, and then continued, “As much as I’d love to argue with you about this as we always do, you know we have a mission to report to. I’d imagine we are late already. Besides, I’m sure you’ll get plenty of action over the course of it.”

“I know. I’m ready to help get rid of those things from the concert. That is what we are after, yes?” Isaac questioned.

Malacai nodded. “I’m assuming so. However, we shouldn’t take my word for it. Let’s go see what Nicolas has to say about it.”

For once, Isaac did not try and argue with Malacai. Malacai had that look of seriousness about him. It had been a while since they had gone on a formal mission. Malacai and Isaac had been content on hunting Kishin Eggs for the past few months and focusing on their studies. Isaac had been itching for a good mission himself, and Nicolas’ problem seemed like a step in the right direction. “Lead the way, then, and let’s get this mission underway!” Isaac exclaimed.

Malacai breathed a sigh of relief at his partner’s reaction, half expecting him to insist they could just go hunt them without speaking to Nicholas first. He’s got the right attitude, if nothing else. Malacai motioned for his partner to follow, and they turned towards Nicolas’ cafe together.

Malacai opened the door to the cafe, and went inside, Isaac following closely behind. He noticed that there were five other people, apart from Nicolas, also present. Aiko was here, as well as Erica and Grace.

“Hey, guys! So I guess we are to be working together on this mission? I’m looking forward to it!” Isaac called out, as he entered the room behind his partner. Isaac stood in the middle of his fellow students, extending a greeting to each of them.

Malacai sighed, and continued into the room. He was uninterested in greeting the other students at this time. He’d leave that to his ecstatic partner. He was more interested in figuring out exactly what was going on here. He approached Nicolas, seated at a table in the cafe. “Those creatures from that box still giving you problems, Nicolas?” Malacai stated, as he took a seat at the table, waiting to hear what Nicolas had to say.

@Hanari @DaughterofAthena @CelticHero37 @QuirkyAngel @Zenaida

Nicolas Kye

Although it might have seemed like the cafe owner had been sitting there for quite a while waiting for the team of DWMA students to assemble and to figure their situation out for themselves, the reality was that it really hadn’t taken them all that long once he took a seat. It seemed that most of the situation was already well under control once the twins and Aiko had managed to resolve their situation and Nicolas could understand that dilemma. Partnerships among weapons and meisters were exceedingly important and especially in students their age, they could also be quite fragile. As far as Nicolas was concerned, every student at the DWMA did a marvelous job of maintaining a partnership considering all the circumstances that challenged them.

Despite his capability of understanding, though, he still felt some small rush to actually get this briefing underway and that was probably because he knew his family was still waiting for him. He was glad, then, when the last two on the team finally arrived and he glanced in the direction of the three-star students. Of all seven students present, Nicolas was familiar with three of them.

“Yes, it would seem,” he replied to Malacai’s question, “although it’s not me they’re presenting problems to. It is Lord Death himself which makes the situation that much more interesting.” It was an honest answer to an honest question.

Realizing that now was as good of a time as any to delve into an explanation, Nicolas Kye glanced towards the other students present and he waved them all over. Once they arrived, there was no need for him to hold back any longer and he delved into the story he was meant to share with them.

“Now, as I’m sure you all remember well enough or have read about in the news, last Friday brought to us a very interesting scene at what was supposed to be a fun concert. We had witches show up and things went… well, south. One of the items that has always been present in the vault of the DWMA is this little thing,” he reached into the booth where he had stored a box, and then he held up a box for them to see. “It’s called the Edolas Box and it is known for its unique traits that allow it to contain poltergeists. In fact, as Jessyka saw on Friday, it acts like a vacuum to draw them in. However, on Friday, it was opened and they were all unleashed.” Therein lied the problem.

“We were able to collect some of them at the event before the damage was done, but not all of them have been reclaimed yet. Obviously, it’s not the safest thing in the world for Lord Death to let poltergeists remain on the loose. That’s where you students come in. It is your mission to find the remaining poltergeists and collect them.” It really wasn’t meant to sound like a challenging job. Nicolas extended his hand and offered the box to Jessyka who took it. “Jessyka was the one who used the box on Friday. She knows how to use it and I trust she can explain to anyone else who needs to know.”

With that out of the way, Nicolas then grabbed a map that he’d brought to the table with him. He had an area circled in red near the outskirts of Death City and it was that area that he now pointed to. “Tracking magic isn’t that hard for some and an anomaly has been noticed. All the poltergeists seem to be heading in the general direction of the outer corner of the cemetery here and the area has been experiencing their resulting chaos over the past few days. It should make your job easy, but if you can, we’d also like to figure out why they might be gravitating in that direction.”

He glanced at each of them as his explanation came to a simple conclusion. “Any questions?”

@CelticHero37 @Zenaida @Hanarei @Stormborn Targaryen 

Aiko looked on quietly seeing another pair who she assumed to be working on the mission with them. Well, the one did say they were... and how could she say no. If they weren't really it was obvious it had to be because they admired her so much after all! She smiled wide pointing her thumb to herself. "Gotcha, don't worry Aiko the Blur will take up all the hard work for you all and show ya' how its down." She gloated loudly. It wasn't hard to tell though even with her gloating a little unease lingered just noticeably for anyone who knew Aiko good enough.

She listened intently as things were explained. Her wide grin kept on her face on what appeared to be a mask left behind unflinching and lifeless. Her eyes remained locked upon Nicolas as things were explained out in detail. Truthfully she had been trying to block out all the signs of it involving the spectral heathens for the concert. She could be devote in trying to deny things she didn't want to believe. It was a sense of dread that washed over her followed by a feeling of stupidity. She stretched a bit, as if warming herself up allowing him to finish explaining things out all the while fumbling through her mind what she should do.

"HA! No problem. Aiko the Blur won't have any trouble all getting this all fixed. There isn't anything at all I can't deal with, nothing at all. I have no doubt we will clean this mission up quick and fast! Nothing will stop us from doing it at all. It will be like they weren't around to begin with. Heck, it will be done and things will be even better then it was before they came! No one will even know they were around! It will be like they didn't exist. Nope, not there at all! Its something we can tackle and mop the floor with all of it! Nothing can stand in our way. We will get to the bottom of this so quick! You won't believe how done this job will be. Its going to be an easy mission for us! We will get this done lickity split! Don't worry handsome Aiko the Blur has it on her list and she is going to check it off!"

She spoke... a bit repetitively. She was often cocky about things, but she wasn't one to ramble on the same points nonstop.  Erica in particular was likely able to read through Aiko like an open book. It was when she spoke up the most gloating and grandizing herself or what she could do and not seem to know when to stop that it was likely her attempting to hide away her lack of confidence in things. She wasn't one who ever was willing to say she couldn't handle a task. Her pride was far to precious to ever admit to a fault in herself, always attempting to lie about it or create some elaborate excuse.

@DaughterofAthena  @CelticHero37 @Stormborn Targaryen @Zenaida

DeZeMyp.png

Adrika blinked at Aiko, then grinned back at her after her introduction. "Nice to meet you Aiko! I don't really know about any rumors or whatever, but that's cool!" She replied, equally as cheerful as before but not quite as obnoxiously loud. She shrugged, and moved away from the door after that, just in time too. A pair of boys entered, one of them launching straight into a greeting while the other seemed to completely ignore them. She simply nodded, for there wasn't much time to say anything else before explanations began. She trailed after the others towards Nicholas and the table he'd seated himself at, and sort of half listened to the explanation the older man was giving.

At the end of the briefing, she understood only just enough to comprehend their task. Catch the run away poltergeists using a magical box Jessyka knows how to work. Simple enough. She shook her head, as she was without questions. Aiko launched into speaking again, and once again Adrika only half listened. Her focus now was on the other members, the ones she didn't know the names of. There were the two boys, and a set of twins. What they each were or who they were she had no indication what so ever. Jessyka, who was suppose to be her partner for this mission, she located via the fact she was holding that magic Edolas box.

She made her way over to Jessyka, to stand beside her. She was considerably quite, allowing for the others to ask their questions before she started into finding out who they where. She could do that later. Her eyes drifted to the box, mostly idle curiosity, then she looked back to Nicholas to listen to any answers to unasked questions he may give.

@DaughterofAthena @CelticHero37 @Hanarei @Stormborn Targaryen

lCFdzu4.png

Jessyka Volontari

Before the briefing began, Jessyka had made note of a few things. The first was that the girl who would be her partner had managed to make it on time, which was definitely a good thing. The pink haired meister nodded in her weapon partner's direction, but did not make any direct comment to her introduction yet. Jessyka also managed to listen to Aiko's little blurbs, rolling her eyes at the two star meister's words because as far as Jessyka was concerned, she already knew everything she needed to know about the meister. That wasnt' much, honestly, either.

She really wasn't much for getting to know people beyond what she had to. That made them friends and friends liked hugs and handshakes and all the things that Jessyka couldn't give them. She avoided that where she could and this seemed to be one of those situations, at least at the present point.

The pink haired meister also knew the two boys who walked in. She had worked with them at the concert, albeit briefly, but she hadn't had much actual interaction with them. She knew that they outranked her, she knew that they could handle themselves and that only left her in the situation of trying to figure out whether or not she should try and step into a leadership role. Would such a movement insult them? Jessyka really didn't want to do that. She realized another thing, too, though. She was the one who knew how to use the box so she was the one who could actually fulfill the main priority of the task at hand. That alone gave her enough confidence for now.

Listening to the briefing didn't tell her too much that was new except for the location that they would most likely find their quarry. She didn't have any questions and as her eyes quickly scanned the others, she saw a few who said nothing and a few who vaguely shook their heads. Shrugging her shoulders, she turned to Nicolas for a moment and answered him for the group. "It would seem not. I think that sounds clear enough. If you have nothing else, I'll take the box and I imagine we'll be out of your hair." She tried to sound professional and leaderly as she said it and she hoped she managed that.

"Of course. Good luck!" Nicolas handed her the box and then he also reached out to shake her hand.

That was an awkward moment for Jessyka. She stared at the hand he offered her for a moment, the box in one of her hands and her other scurrying to hide behind her back. She didn't want to shake his hand. She didn't want to be touched at all, actually. In the end, she just shook her head at him with a slight frown and then said, "We'll do our best, Mr. Kye." Even though he wasn't a teacher, it seemed the best title to give him. After that, she glanced at all the others and waved her arm, gesturing for them to follow her as they headed out of the cafe.

When they were finally outside, she took a deep breath in, let it out slowly, and then turned to face the group. "Sorry. That was probably... uhm... really horrible to watch. Would anyone like to lead the way?" She didn't imagine that there was anyone who didn't know how to get to the Death City Cemetery and she wanted to take some time to become at least briefly acquainted with her partner because she'd never worked with Adrika before. She hoped someone would step up.

@Hanarei @Zenaida @CelticHero37 @Stormborn Targaryen 

Malacai Dreston and Isaac Perinnin

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Malacai stepped forward after Jessyka had concluded their conversation with Nicholas, and addressed the group. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I suppose that I should be the one to take the lead as we move for the cemetery. Any objections? If so, speak up as we move. Let’s not take anymore time. Isaac, let’s get going.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Isaac jumped up at Malacai’s statement. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Of course! I’m eager to work with everyone here. It’s sure to be a good fight as we seek to claim these poltergeists,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] he exclaimed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]At his question, Jessyka simply shook her head. She had just offered the lead to anyone else who wanted it and she wasn’t about to revoke her statement anytime soon. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Malacai started towards the cemetery that Nicolas had mentioned, without waiting for the others to answer. Isaac hurried after him, trying to slow him down. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Hold up. Shouldn’t we wait for the others?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Isaac asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Malacai shrugged. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I’ve got no interest in delaying any longer than we have to. We were given a task, one that I intend on completing without risking the poltergeists running rampant for too long. If you want to get all buddy buddy with them, be my guest. I’m sure they’ll follow eventually,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] he responded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Isaac sighed. He knew Malacai was trying his hardest to be the best he could be. He knew his eventual goals. If Malacai had his mind set, there wasn’t much he could to stop him. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Well, that’s all fine, but we do kind of need that box to finish the job…”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Isaac stated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Malacai nodded. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“This is true. We all know this fact. As such, I doubt Jessyka will delay for very long. I think stopping a group of rampaging poltergeists is something we can all agree needs doing. Besides, I wasn’t taking the lead just out of arrogance. Jessyka knows she isn’t the best for that job, and Aiko… I don’t know about her… she doesn’t seem all there.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Isaac responded, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Doesn’t she always talk that much?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Malacai loosed his own sigh at this statement. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I guess you really don’t get it. Maybe you’ll see as we all work to finish the job. For now, I have one last thing for you, partner. I don’t want you to go out of your way to get into trouble. Otherwise, there will be trouble with me. Got it?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Isaac took note of Malacai’s seriousness. It was one that he could only nod to as they continued to move towards the cemetery.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@Hanarei @CelticHero37 @Zenaida @DaughterofAthena[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px](The brief movement from Jessyka was made with Athena's permission.) [/SIZE]  

DeZeMyp.png

Adrika followed everyone out of the cafe, but paused in the doorway for just a moment to wave goodbye at Nicholas with a huge grin. She'd come back and chat with him some time, probably. After that, she moved otuside, and stood not too far from Jessyka as she spoke, then as on half of the male pair spoke about leading before they both headed towards the cemetery. She stood blinking after the pair for a moment, before she too jerked into action. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go catch some ghosts!" She exclaimed loudly, unfortunate for those standing beside her, and jabbed one hand upwards in a fist. Her face was one massive grin.

[COLOR= rgb(250, 164, 196)]She turned to Jessyka as her hand dropped. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]"Your supposed to be my partner right? Nice to meet you."[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(250, 164, 196)] She greeted, as she grabbed a hold of the considerably taller girl's hand and began to walk after the boys. [/COLOR]"You are Jessyka, right? I mean, I hope I'm not mistaking you for someone else, because that would be really awkward..." She questioned, after she realized she hadn't even bothered to make sure she had the right person.

"So, how's that box thing-a-ma-bob work anyway?"[SIZE= 14.6667px] She rambled on, not really listening to the other girl's answer as she shot yet another question her way. After that, she finally fell quiet for a while, seemingly to let Jessyka speak. The smile never left her face, nor did her grip on the other girl's hand drop throughout the whole thing. Her eyes were focused ahead, though she would look to Jessyka from time to time as they traveled towards the cemetery.[/SIZE]

@DaughterofAthena @CelticHero37 @Hanarei @Stormborn Targaryen

lCFdzu4.png

Jessyka Volontari

Jessyka had been walking along all fine and dandy like. Everything was right with her little world and she didn’t think that was about to change anytime soon. She was on a mission. She knew what she was doing, and she even had the box that would help them to actually complete the mission without many complications ensuing - or, that was the hope of the situation. There was even a new partner in the deal for her, and Adrika didn’t seem like she would be too hard to work with which only made things that much better.

She followed Malacai and Isaac without much attention to what the others were up to. Keeping up seemed to be the most important thing. Maybe she should have paid more attention to the others around her.

The ranged meister was snapped out of her stupor of contentment when something grabbed her hand because it wasn’t something but someone in all reality. The feel of flesh against her own sent tingling waves all across her skin and her whole body curled in something that probably initially looked like a wave of complete and total disgust. That wasn’t the reality of the situation, though. It was fear. A pathological fear that had no explanation, one that Jessyka could never be rid of, one that haunted every step that she took. It made partners hard and it made friendships even harder still. She feared it would prevent her from ever being considered a real meister, actually.

So quick and hard that it was probably difficult to process, Jessyka yanked her hand out of Adrika’s grip before looking at the girl. The pink haired meister’s face was evidently filled with anxiety and nervousness and it wasn’t at all because of the mission itself either. Her heart was pounding and for a moment, it looked like she might implode upon herself, too many emotions flooding her at once. Somehow, she managed to hold them in because she knew that this girl was supposed to be her partner; she had to manage contact to a small degree.

“Ye-yes, I’m Jessyka,” she stuttered out, still trying to let the fear of the situation clear her system and a bit frozen for a moment. Eventually, she managed to start walking again. “I believe they mentioned that Adrika would be my partner and since you are Adrika, I guess, yes…” It sounded more like she was trying to confirm her own thoughts rather than confirm Adrika’s own questions. She needed to remind herself that Adrika was her partner in order to be ok with the fact that she had grabbed her hand, in order to keep herself from pushing the girl so far away that they would never be able to work together.

Jessyka had to say something, though.

“P-p--please don’t touch me again,” was what that surfaced as. She was quivering just a bit even after trying to calm herself down, but she was going to manage it somehow or another. Jessyka knew that she’d last now. That was helping a lot.

Meanwhile, though, the group had still been moving along throughout Jessyka’s minor breakdown and while she was worried about keeping control of herself, the others were likely better off keeping their attention on what they were walking into. They’d arrived at the cemetery only it didn’t look dull and dark and deathly like a cemetery ought to. Every gravestone was glowing brightly and the gravestones were gradually growing brighter as they shifted deeper into the back corner of the graveyard. And it wasn’t just a random light, either. The lights were colorful… almost as though they were taking on the colors of souls.

Then, if they looked to the left, they would see that there was a line of poltergeists moving towards the back of the cemetery only the didn’t look like they had at the concert. In fact, these ones were more comparable to mindless zombies than they were to the chaotic creatures concert-goers would be familiar with. The poltergeists didn’t even seem to see the students at all, actually.

Jessyka didn’t see them either, which was a potential problem.

@CelticHero37 @Zenaida @Hanarei @Stormborn Targaryen 

Grace and Erica.jpg

It took a while for the reality of the situation to sink in for Axel and Hunter. This was because the group seemed sort of distracted. There had been so much drama and information tossed around in such a short period of time that the apprehension of approaching a cemetery hadn't set in for them. Of course the twins had been on missions before, but this was the first one since they were allowed back to the school. Up until now, they had been battling their issues in an isolated, fairly controlled environment. This was the first real test to see if they truly were in control. The fact that Aiko was now going to be by their side as well would surely be a big help.

As they neared the cemetery, Hunter began to realize what was going on. Once that had happened, her mind started playing tricks with her. She began to shiver as her eyes darted back and forth from shadow to shadow. Without thinking, she clung to her sister's arm as they continued on. Axel was unfazed by her sister's behavior, wrapping an arm around her for support. In truth, Axel was scared too, but she had always been the strong one. After all, she didn't blame Hunter for being afraid of the dark after she had spent so much of her life in a well-lit hospital.

However, once the group had entered the cemetery, Hunter began to relax. She still hung on to Axel's arm, but her grip loosened. Hunter stared at the colorful lights in awe, somewhat mesmerized by the beauty of it all. As she looked around, she said softly, "Wow. That's pretty. What do you think causes that?"

"Pretty? I don't know about that, sis," responded Axel. After all, the lights were making her feel rather uneasy. It wasn't natural, and she was sure it had something to do with their mission, "You should be careful. Those kinda remind me of souls. Maybe you shouldn't be looking right at them."

The sparkle of interest slipped away from Hunter's eyes as she reluctantly agreed. Her sister was usually right, and it was rather suspicious. Looking away from the lights, she attempted to find something else to occupy her over-imaginative mind. That's when she saw them. They were horrible. Exactly the sort of thing her mind would make up. The only thing was, they weren't made up. Her grip on Axel's arm tightened considerably. At that feeling, Axel instantly knew something was wrong and her eyes snapped to where her sister was looking. She saw the problem just in time to throw up her other hand over Hunter's mouth before she let out an instinctual scream.

Hunter shivered slightly as Axel whispered as loud as she dared, "Everyone stay quiet. I need someone to give me a status on them," she pointed to indicate the zombie-like poltergeists.

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]@DaughterofAthena [/COLOR]@Zenaida[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Hanarei[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Stormborn Targaryen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back