IC Roleplay

Lycaon

Lycaon watched the Alpha as surveyed the situation. He noticed surprised in her eyes when she looked at him. He wondered what it was that surprised her, but paid no mind when she focused her gaze fully on him with a soft expression. A wolf hadn't looked at him like that since he was a puppy. He listened raptly when she spoke. “Lycaon, the former Northern Mountaineer…” she said, raising her gaze to the sky. He knew that look. She was listening for a sign from the Ancestors. “If refuge is what you seek, then my pack may be it… In your eyes, I see a kindness that no wolf ever shows when faced with such intimidation and authority. Though be warned, unless you prove yourself before the Full Moon, you will be an Omega in our pack…” she said. Lycaon felt his shoulders sag in relief. He truly hadn't expected to receive such a generous response. Most Alpha's would've tested and interrogated him before even considering allowing him into their pack. That was the moment he knew the rumors were true. The Borealis were the prophesied Fifth Wind, and they would soon reign as the most powerful pack alive, with Leila as their Alpha.

Lycaon finally allowed himself a moment of weakness when her attention left him in favor of the Southern Suns. His body slid down to the ground until lay on his side against the rock. He laid his head protectively over his wound, licking at gently to soothe the ache. He registered the conversation enough to hear that the Southern Suns were emissaries sent to assess the Borealis, ones who could very well be living here for the entirety of Freezing Ground. He noticed the animosity emanating from the Selsa towards the foreign wolves, and he understood it. Had he been a part of this pack long enough to develop a connection to it, he'd have done the same thing. When the Selsa's gaze switched to him and the warrior wolf sauntered over to stand in front of him with a distrustful, appraising gaze, he raised his head to meet the wolf's eyes.

"You're a Mountaineer. I can tell by your coat. Not mine, surely, but my father taught me that you can discern our kind based off of the pelt. Who was your father?" he asked. Lycaon cursed inside his head. That was a question he simply wasn't prepared to answer. His past was something he wanted--no, needed--to reveal over time. If he did it all at once, they either wouldn't believe him, or they would distrust him and deem him a threat. So, he had two choices. Lie, and protect himself now, or tell the truth, and protect himself later. When he glanced at the Alpha, his decision was made. He knew she was someone who would value his honesty.

"I was the Alpha. My father was Alaric," he said. 
(If that's okay?)

Phaethon

Phaethon grinned at the attitude of the Southern Suns. He stood proud as he listened intently to the exchange of words between them and Leila. The Beta could see plainly that Priam did not trust them and neither did he. The pride, words and actions of Priam in such a conflict gave Phaethon new respect for the wolf. "A wolf deserving of leadership." He thought. He watched Priam approach the injured Mountaineer and followed. Phaethon was tired of listening to the seemingly self-righteous diplomat and was sure Leila was more than enough to handle him.

He stood behind Priam for only a minute as they talked. "Enough pleasantries." He command. "Priam this conversation may continue at a later time but first you must go retrieve a Zeta from the pack." He looked into the eyes of the female Southern Sun "We can take it from here." Phaethon said trying to be polite to the young she-wolf. It was never his intention to scare youth yet he still came off as intimidating.

"Stay down Mountaineer. No one wishes to harm you." He quickly looked over the wounds of the wolf. Never being much of a Zeta he wouldn't know how to help though he knew to separate the strange group.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakota

The omega jumped in surprise when he heard one of the Deltas, a nice female wolf named Artemis, speak to him. He opened his eyes, raising his head from his paws to look at her. The concern in her eyes was a stark contrast from the usual looks of disappointment and he found his mood lightening some. "Hi, Artemis," he said politely. When she asked if he was alright, he was tempted to tell the truth and reveal his loneliness but he decided against it. After all, he was the cause of his isolation, so he had no right to complain about it.

"I'm fine, Just tired," he said. He noticed her licking at her injured paw and decided to inquire about it. "What happened?"

Fade~

She lowered her face and was about to growl at the smaller wolf when Apollo greeted her. The white wolf looked up and stood in a stance to represent her leadership while tilting her head down at him. She listened to him only because of the fact that they both had younger siblings to look out for. His works sunk into her head and weighed her down like a boulder. She was being harsh on her brother....all because of the nightmares. He didn't deserve the harsh treatment when he looked up to her. 

Her face sat in a cold stare for a while before Fade snapped out of it and put on a facade of indifference. "You speak as if you had been raising my brother..." She got defensive at first, but sighed and nudged Andromedos. "Get up, you look pathetic. We'll have a talk later in my den and Apollo" She looked at the male for a while. Her fur slightly ruffled in the wind. "I.....I....I know what you mean. Thanks, for....well that. Everyone has the past, don't they?" She asked vaguely before turning and walking away quickly. Geez, she almost lost it. Her performance has become quick and very deranged as the lead. Fade only hoped the others hadn't noticed her anger escalating. After all, she was always an angry wolf so of course, nothing would be different in their eyes.

Fade could hear the chatter of the alpha but didn't pry. She had no right and it would be disrespectful to the alpha. Instead, she went by the clearing water and lapped it up while trying to get rid of the nightmare she had.

( @Smol Unicorn Now free for interaction)

Andromedos

The gray wolf felt extremely nervous around his sister and the steel gray eyes that held nothing, but anger and a hidden emotion that he couldn't pinpoint. However, what she said next surprised him, she took Apollo's words as easy as she can hunt. "Oh....my god. What?.....How? Apollo!" He exclaimed getting up and nudging the male. He watched his sister walk away at her last words as his ears dipped down. Oh, so that was her problem? those nightmares again. "Thanks Apollo....not sure why she listened, but she did" He let out a big sigh and fell flat. "She's having those nightmares again. I can tell" He said before brushing it off and bouncing up. "So are we low on supplies?" Andromedos asked the older male. 

( @Smol Unicorn )

@Rhakun[SIZE= 16px]@Tori Bradley[/SIZE]@Smol Unicorn@Mistory@Chaos Follows @Antqionette

Alaric was a rather divisive leader, possibly an untrustworthy oligarch who led his pack astray. Perhaps he may have been the best leader of all time in the history of the Mountaineers. Yet, a son of Alaric having departed his own pack! Now that, surely is betrayal, an heir to turn his back on his own pack! Yet Priam, although he took note and had his own judgments, said nothing.

"My father was lead warrior under him, though he departed and left following my 18th moon. Of course, Alaric felt betrayed, if I remember correctly. Your father was a good soul," Priam said, though perhaps not fully in belief.

After all, what leader leads to the departure of a pack's lead fighter? Was it not a leader's responsibility to keep his pack strong and faithful?

Yet, the beta's intrusion on the discussion, and rather rude interruption, provoked the male to seek out Andromedos,a grey fae who sometimes seemed to be a pitiful child. Yet, she was valued. 

"I will find you later, blood of Alaric. Our own will take care of you," he said, and departed.

The male made haste to the Zeta's caverns, a damp and somewhat filthy place from time to time. Yet, it was home for them. Seeking out the inhabitants, the male poked his head into the cave, overhearing the last comment about supplies. Surely they had their own duties, all of which were entirely uninteresting to the Selsa. Yet, the Beta himself insisted, and it would be most wise to listen to him.

"I dare not hope to interrupt your folly," the male began, "but Phaethon has asked for Andromedos' presence at the border. We found ourselves entrenched against newcomers, a Mountaineer who has fallen from a rock face in his flight, and two Southern Suns emissaries to seek out our Alpha. If you had plans, I do apologize, but he has asked for Andromedos."

With his dramatic and rather vocal statement, the male spoke in this way. He could only think of his Mountaineer friend, the alpha of a pack who abandoned his own to seek a better life for himself. Was he so daring, so selfish, to leave his pack? A cowardly rat, perhaps, one who was so disloyal that when his people needed him most he abandoned them! Such a sickening thought disturbed Priam, the dreaming dog, the critic of all creatures. Yet, he was perhaps a bit obsessed with his heritage, a wolf from a pack he once was from. Perhaps he may be kind, but surely he was disloyal, thus dangerous.

"Follow me, quickly of course, as Phaethon might not be happy if we keep him waiting," he said.

Andromedos

Looking up the gray male pricked up his ears once Priam voiced his arrival and looked over at the other male. What he said surprised the small Zeta male as usually Apollo was asked for. "Really!? Phaethon asked me!? Oh, this is so exciting I must tell my sister!" He exclaimed thinking of how proud she would be...for once. Though at Priam's last words his ears flattened. Ah, right no time to waste on his sister right now. Maybe he'll tell her later!

"Alright, I guess Fade will have to wait! Lead the way" He grinned while wagging his tail in an excited manner. 

@JokerValentine

Assuva sat somewhat alone by the waterside, looking down at his own reflection. He was reminded if his father's cruelty when his eyes landed on the scars located on the right side of his neck; but the pain caused by his father could never match the pain of losing his mate and pups all in one night. Assuva shut his eyes, as if shutting them could erase the painful memories. He flicked his ear at the sound of the pups that were nearby, and looked up, smiling to himself.

[SIZE=14pt]☷ [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Leila[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] ☷[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Leila observed the Southern Suns with interest. She’d passed through their territory once, when she had just fled from the Eastern Executioners. The canine tooth pierced in her ear stung slightly, and she assumed that it was mostly due to how stressed she was prior to this. As much as it was insisted that the tooth be removed, Leila made sure that it wouldn’t get infected, and once she had confirmation that it wouldn’t- She kept it there. It was the tooth of the Eastern Executioners’ Alpha, her symbol of strength along with the scars she’s gained from the battle. It was also a reminder to herself of where she’d come from… Not only that, but it made for [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]amazing [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]story time to curious wolves or pups that wanted to learn of the Alpha’s story.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Pride aside, she listened to both wolves with eager ears, and glanced to the female before chuckling. “Still much to learn, though your ideas are quite impressive.” She turned her blue gaze to both wolves, nodding, “I’ll grant you shelter within my pack. After all, seeing is believing, is it not?” Her eyes closed, drawing in a deep breath, and when her eyes opened, they seemed… colder, almost. “However, you two are to be placed in the role of Omegas, and if you contribute- I may even give you actual roles in my pack… Though if either of you harm any member of my pack for no good reason, I will have to take action. Understand that, and we will remain on good terms…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Leila’s eye color was unique, or so her mother had told her when she was a pup, it was inherited from her grandfather who happened to be the former Alpha before he was killed and replaced by their current Alpha. She used its cool color to her advantage, most of the time. Her hardened gaze was almost faltered when she heard her latest pack member was a former Alpha. Though she shook it off for the meantime; she was the Alpha of the Borealis, and thus she knew she still maintained respect.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It was a bit threatening to know there was another Alpha in her pack, especially since he was a male—Nowadays, wolves seemed to be incredibly shocked when a female wolf led a pack. Though she trusted her instincts, and therefore trusted that this new wolf would not try to overthrow her rule. “We’ll have a Zeta come and patch you up, hopefully Priam arrives with one soon.” Leila turned her head to speak to Phaethon, speaking low enough for only her Beta’s ears to hear, “I need you to tell Priam in private to keep a close watch on our new arrivals, with two emissaries and a former Alpha, there’s no telling what may happen to the pack… Don’t let your guard down, Phaethon.” She never doubted him, though it never hurt to remind him. Phaethon was much like a brother to her—A brother she was proud to have as her Beta. She entrusted him with her life just as he had entrusted her with his own when he was injured, and Leila would never trade their friendship for anything.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][ @Rhakun @Tori Bradley @Chaos Follows ][/SIZE]

tumblr_lok4kcAvi81qhh19q.gif

[SIZE=14pt]☲ [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Kaga[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] ☲[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Kaga’s ears were pricked, trying to listen for anything from the forest, making sure the trespasser wasn’t of any danger. Then again, he supposed his pack members would be fine—Their Alpha, Beta, Lead Selsa, [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Selsa had followed. They would be fine.. He reassured himself of that… The pup was so deep in thought that upon hearing his fellow pup’s voice calling his name out, he jumped up and his fur stood on ends for a moment, staring at the female pup for a brief moment before calming himself down. He breathed out a sigh to ease himself, then lighly shook his fur out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]His gaze focused on the forest where the four wolves had left, before turning back to the white pup he knew as Tarika. “There’s trespassers on the territory, so Leila, Phaethon, and Priam went to investigate…” He glanced to the forest, “But they’ve been gone for a while…” He sat down to scratch the back of his ear for a quick second, then took a drink from the water. “You’re not usually up this early, Tarika.” Then again, neither was he. Though that was another story, “Did Galen wake you?” He asked, looking around for the Iota, before setting his gaze on the pup again. He noticed Assuva nearing the water, and flashed a brief smile as his tail wagged at him before returning his gaze to Tarika.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][ @SummerWolf @xXEmoWolfLuvXx ][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]☴ [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Artemis[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] ☴[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Her eyes flickered up to him when he questioned her, glancing to her paw and sighing softly. “Long story, but to keep things short…” She moved her gaze away, disappointed in herself, “A deer fought back pretty hard during a hunt yesterday, and I happened to get the bad end of the stick and got my paw stomped on by his hoof.” She could still remember the pain, and shuddered. “So I went to the Zetas and they patched my paw up, I’m doing better today so I think I’ll join in on a hunt.” Though her paw still ached, she ignored it. She wanted to be strong as a Delta. She knew she had to. She couldn’t disappoint [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]anyone[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][ @Tori Bradley ][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]☵ [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Apollo[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] ☵[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The wolf was initially shocked when the she-wolf snapped at him, though in the end—Apollo was fine. He was about to respond to Andromedos when Priam suddenly came to notify his friend that he was needed. Apollo grinned at him, giving him a playful nudge, “What are you waiting for? Grab the things you need and go!” Apollo quickly rushed about the den, picking up different healing materials and setting them in a decently sized deer hide that was saved for transporting goods. Apollo set them before Andromedos for him to carry, and nodded to him. “Go on, I can find the things we need on my own! Fade can know later!” Apollo exclaimed, his tail wagging in excitement for his friend’s mission.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][ @Antqionette ][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]☳ [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Anima[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] ☳[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Anima had watched as their Lead Selsa rushed away with both Alpha and Beta, her ears pricked in interest. She shook her fur out, easing herself as she glanced about to patrol the clearing—All seemed to be… decent, at least. The pups were talking amongst themselves, the Iotas resting, the one thing that seemed to be odd was one of the Deltas talking to an Omega. Anima shrugged it off with a soft chuckle, padding her way to the edge of the clearing to lay among the flowers and keep watch over the pack. She saw as Priam returned, asking for a Zeta, and her head lifted; She remained in such a posture to keep watch over the pack better. If she didn’t do it while their strongest wolves were away, who would?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][ OPEN FOR INTERACTION ][/SIZE]

LUPO

Lupo hid a wolfish grin at the nod he received then shook himself, ruffling his fur as a gust of cold wind hit him square in the face. A shiver ran down his spine. Even from afar, he could hear the commotion outside the clearing. It must be rather serious business. He let the Alpha and the rest of the higher ranks take care of whatever happened out there. Higher ranks... Aren't I supposed to be there too? No, I probably don't. I'm no Selsa. I'll just await orders. So he simply chose to continue going about his business. So far, the dens he checked didn't have any problems. When he reached the last of the regular dens, he straightened up and swept his gaze over the rest of the territory. He tilted his head when he saw unfamiliar wolves enter the clearing. He wasn't informed of any newcomers. He trotted over to a female black wolf, his tail swishing. "Excuse me," he started. "But do you know who those three are?" He pointed to the strangers with his snout.

LUCIO

There were so many things happening at the same time, the teenage wolf thought he was hyperventilating. He blinked several times to make sure he wasn't still sleeping and dreaming. His ears pricked, trying to catch any information that he didn't know about. He twitched a bit, startled, when he heard a sound like a crack. Lucio's eyes widened in amazement as the Alpha, Beta, and Selsas went outside the clearing to find out what had happened. He could feel power radiating off of them. He was snapped out of his reverie when he felt something brush past him. Glancing around, he relaxed when he found out it was only his brother. "Hey Big Brother, do you--?" He didn't get to finish what he was saying as the older wolf began talking to someone else. Lucio's ears drooped and a small growl escaped him. "I didn't want to talk to you anyway." he muttered to himself. Times like this made him wish he was out there, running around, trying to take down a game beast. Then he would go over the fallen animal, howling in triumph. Dreams would be dreams.

(Open for interaction)

@Rhakun@Tori Bradley@Smol Unicorn@Mistory@Chaos Follows @Antqionette

(From now on, due to the vacancies and recent consultation with Smol, Priam is going to be the lead selsa)

Priam quickly rushed back to the scene of unbearable tension, a zeta hopefully behind him. As it was the zeta's responsibility to heal, Andromedos was especially important. The former disgraced alpha had more than a sufficient amount to explain, why abandon her children and why come to this pack? Even more so, the emissaries suddenly arriving at the exact time that the foolish and clumsy alpha stumbled his way onto the scene like a blind mouse searching for a last bit of hope.

The male quickly surveyed the scene, noting that everything was more complex than it had been merely moments ago. More voices clamored in confusion and tension. And those emissaries, those daring fools who saw themselves so important, it irked Priam yet again. Even more so, despite his previous intrigue by someone of his previous pack, it was a disgraced traitorous alpha. But, the male heard that Leila had taken mercy on them all. Had she not realized? Truly being an alpha, she had the power to reject those who were dangerous! Truly she could comprehend the level of loyalty that exists in a pack where the alpha seeks out a new pack! And for what, to happily accept an omega position? It enraged Priam, making his blood boil with hostility and confusion.

Yet he remained calm on the surface, showing no hint that he silently wished for the resolve of he situation on his terms. He eyed Phaethon, who seemed to convey the very same emotion that he did. Even Lupo, though perhaps a bit immature and painfully annoying (in comparison to the nearly flawless maturity Priam felt he had), exhibited a very form of discourse Priam wished he could state.

"Andromedos," Priam said in a whisper so as to not break the illusion of peace, "keep an eye out. Do not trust these wolves as long as the wind blows. The one on the ground hurt itself falling, but beware. The wolf is a former alpha, ditching his own pack to selfishly seek a better life. Do your work, but say nothing that hints at unhappiness."

Assuva

Assuva stood up and turned away from the water, he hadn't noticed the small pup, and walked away to to clearing. His thick golden brown fur swayed in a light breeze, something caught his attention, the scent of something or someone, their scent was similar to his former mate's; he quickly looked up and around for the source of the scent, having false hope that it would be her, and spotted a black she wolf, speaking with a large grey male wolf. He flattened his ears, knowing that this wolf was not his mate, and moved on to a tree, he always goes to lay by this tree, hiding himself from the pack, when something is bothering him. He laid down and sighed, then looked at the sky 'I miss you, my beloved Aiko, I'm sorry I couldn't save you or our pups... I'm such a useless wolf...' he thought to himself.

[Open for interaction]

Cypress

Cypress was a little startled when the wolf that had gnarled at her had approached the spot where she was, but she was equally surprised when he was now speaking in a softer tone. She could discern that he was  irritated with Hickory's speech and that he was trying to be civil, so  after he had made expression of concern for Lycaon, she lowed her guard.

"I'll leave you to it" she said as she gave the Beta a quick nod. "Thanks."

She then turned her attention to Lycaon giving him a "Phew! We made it" expression. However, as the other wolf came in closer she felt uncomfortable; moreover, this was the one that had quarreled with Hickory and she felt a litttle intimidated by his snap of temper. She decided to leave them be and walk towards her brother and the Alpha. She stood next to him, as they both expected an answer. At the mention of her "having a lot to learn", her ears twitched a little. It wasn't something she appreciated being told, but the mention of her having good ideas and another glance from Hickory eased her will to pout.

Southern Sun.png

Hickory
Quite similarily, Hickory's ears flicked as the Alpha mentioned that they would reside under the label of Omegas, but he figured that the deal was good enough. It had been a tense situation up to this point; he made his mind that these wolves had odd ways of doing things and additional pressure could prove detrimental. It came to him that the wolf in charge had percieved a lot of tension with his callings and thus the need to specify non-offenses was well adjusted, but he couldn't help feeling a bit offended at the idea that they ought to be warned out of squabbles.

"And remain on good terms we shall." He said, never breaking eye contact with the Alpha "The Southern Suns appreciate your choice; consider us at your service." Hickory bowed down and, when he rose, he let his head rest on Cypress' neck. This was an affectionate gesture between wolves, but they both grew the custom of using it to speak to each other in private. He could clearly feel Cypress' nervousness to his approach, but he was grateful that her hastiness had pulled them out of the situation; he figured that if he had presented himself alone to the Borealis, given the same scenario, perhaps things would've turned grim for all of the involved. Softening his walk a bit, he brushed her gently to signal she wasn't going to get nagged on.

"We have a lot to talk about, but in the meantime..." he said, turning to Lycaon "I say we help our friend over there." Cypress hummed in assent and they strode towards Lycaon.

"I beg your pardon for overhearing, Mountaineer." Hickory said, walking in his deliberate, confident manner again. "But I feel obliged to tell you my name now that I know yours: I'm Hickory. The Zetas in here might be taking further care of your wound, but if it isn't against anybody's interest," he said openly, expecting that someone could either particularize another indication or not express anything against his words "my sister and I would gladly accompany you and your escorts. It'd be convenient that us newcomers entered the Borealis' clearing all at once to avoid the confusions of separate show-ups, I believe."

@Tori Bradley

@Smol Unicorn @Chaos Follows

Phaethon

Phaethon stepped between Hickory and Lycaon assertively. "I disagree Hickory. I believe it is within best interest of the pack as well as you three if you were introduced separately. I'm sure Leila would agree with me when I say Lycaon should first be taken in by Priam and the Zeta he choose. Afterwards, you Suns will be escorted by Leila and I." Phaethon glanced at Leila for some show of support.

The Beta couldn't resist his uneasiness surrounding the situation. Phaethon knew food would be scarce with the upcoming freezing ground while they house three new Omegas. He hoped they would be useful and assimilate well enough. Despite his own feelings regarding the strangers he would support Leila. She knew the dangers and he saw that in her, but she will try to help them as she once did for him, and that enough merits them a chance.

Andromedos

The wolf bounded and got his things before running after Priam and to the very commotion he and his sister had been avoiding.  New wolves around it seemed and he felt a little lost and confused on the situation before being filled in on not to trust any of these wolves. "Now you sound like my sister" He grumbled referring to her major trust issues before slightly padding over with a downwards gaze to the male wolf who injured himself. He had four things with him, only hoping he got this right as he was extremely nervous. He had Comfrey Root, cobwebs, catchweed and broom. Padding to the rogue's broken leg he kept quiet and shifted his leg to be in line with the cobwebs before nodding and putting them down. With the broom paste, he put it over the leg along with giving the black wolf some Comfrey Root. He put the burrs of the Catchweed on the leg before binding it all up with cobwebs. "There we go....here let me help you up" He said with a soft voice before helping the wolf up on his feet.

Ikki

Ikki shot awake when hearing the commotion outside of her den. She let out a yawn as she made her way outside to see what was happening. Sadly, she came out a bit too late for all she saw was some of their strongest wolves run out of the clearing and into the forest. 'Hm, quick as always. I just hope none of them gets hurt.' The she-wolf thought to herself and stretched her legs out. Once she was done, the Zeta shook out her fur and then began making her way to the Zeta den.

She surveyed the clearing to see how everyone was doing. The pups were together, most likely gossiping on what's happening in the forest. Artemis was out which concerned Ikki, knowing her injury was not fully healed. 'She better not doing anything rash...' Ikki let out a huff and continued on her way. It wasn't long before she made to the Zeta den and watched as Priam run out from it. She walked in to see Apollo packing some supplies for Andromedos and handing it to him. The wolf then left out behind the Lead Selsa. "Apollo, what's going on?" @Smol Unicorn

Arthrn

Arthrn let out a yawn and shifted in his bed. He had overheard some of the wolves stating that the Alpha and some other wolves went out of the clearing to pursue intruders. This was good news for the Epsilon because that meant he could sleep in a bit longer before he is put the work. The coming of the Freezing Ground always kept the Epsilons working, making sure everything can survive the frost. It is fun but it is also tiring, especially for a lazy wolf like Artrhn. Alas, the wolf push the thought aside and started to fall back asleep. [Open for interaction]

Caeldori

Caeldori woke up with a yawn and slowly slowly stretched out her legs. "Another day, time to do my best. Like always." She mumbled to herself and walked out of her den. She noticed the morning sun's position and realized she woke up later than usual. 'Oh no, I slept in! I should've been up the same time Leila was! So much for doing my best.' The adolescent thought to herslef and then shook her head. 'Well this was just one set back, I shall continue to make sure everyone is here and okay!' 

With that thought

in mind, Caeldori began to do her usual morning check of the area to see what wolves were in the clearing. 'Hm, where's Leila? And Phaethon? Wait, there's a few others missing.' The white pup continued to walk around the clearing to see if she could find the missing wolves. She soon spotted Anima in a nice patch of flowers.

"Anima!" Caeldori called and approached the Selsa. "Good morning, have you noticed a few wolves have been missing?" She asked and sat next to Anima pawing at a flower. @Smol Unicorn

@Rhakun@Tori Bradley@Chaos Follows @Smol Unicorn@Antqionette

It surely nearly made Priam cross-eyed with rage when Andromedos dismissed his warnings. Perhaps it is a learnèd thing: Priam not once has ever been injured, yet so many others, emotionally and physically, bear wounds so deep. That isn't to say that his allies deserved them at all, but for those moments, they let their guards down. One must never let a guard down, even if faced with an insurmountable task or stands alone in abyss of rogue belief.

Perhaps she may learn the hard way, the rather dreaded male thought to himself moody.

As for the emissaries, Priam nearly lost his entire mind as, yet again, a fatal mistake was made. The emissaries, quite obviously either terrible at their job or not truthful in their intentions, were given omega status? Oh, it was all so confusing indeed. 

But the conversation was not over, no not nearly. The Mountaineer, the traitor, the omega, the disgraced one, it had some status in the pack. Yet, even though it was hurt, the male wanted to prod deeper into its understanding. He was also assigned to monitor Lycaeon specifically, according to Phaethon at least. The male wanted nothing more than to understand how a leader so selfish abandoned her own family.

"Andromedos," he said, "would you mind if I followed? I would like to talk with this newcomer, if that is alright."

Assuva

Assuva thought of his mate's last words to him. "Assuva... I'm sorry that I'm not strong enough to stay in your life... I love you, please never forget me... But find the strength to love again..." He teared up at the thought, and layed his head on his paws, curling his tail over his face. 'I couldn't possibly forget you.' He thought. He didn't want to lay there and sulk all day, but he didn't know what to do, the Alpha was away, and he had no clue who was in charge. He was still learning as well, the terms the wolves used confused him, he was an Omega, and was told to prove himself, but he was clueless on what that meant.

[Open for interaction]

Lycaon

Lycaon swore he could feel the distrust emanating from the wolves around him, centering solely on the Selsa. It did not shock him; it was no small thing he'd said. Such a revelation could lead to a fate Lycaon had come here seeking to avoid, but honesty had always been a virtue he had been raised to value highly, and he wasn't about to abandon it. Lycaon's focus turned to the Beta when he approached, quickly dispatching the wolves around him. His golden brown gaze lingered on Cypress before he turned back to the Beta. He had heard what the Selsa had said about Alaric before he'd turned to fetch a healer on the Beta's order. The fact that he knew of Lycaon's father did not surprise the former Alpha in the slightest; his father had been a powerful and strong Alpha to the wolves of the northern mountains, and was known for it throughout the packs.

Lycaon didn't argue when the Beta when he told him to stay down. His instincts, after years of living on the run from a group of wolves dead-set on ending his life, were still telling him to get up, to run. To hide. But Lycaon was done running. He was done hiding. He would bide his time within the safety of the Borealis before he would put an end to the chain of events in his past leading up to now. He rested his head back on the rock, listening to the sounds around him. After a moment, he felt someone's gaze on him and lifted his eyes to the Alpha. Her gaze was hardened, but he could see the apprehension underneath. Having two Alpha wolves in a pack could get dangerous if one, or both, were held captive by dominance. Lycaon tried to convey in his gaze what he wanted to tell her. He would not cause a problem. He had no right, He would submit as a lower wolf, as was custom for a rogue integrated into a pack that was not his own. 

When the Selsa, and a fairly young Zeta arrived back in the clearing, Lycaon's body stiffened, going rigid against the stone. The animosity was borderline rage as it struck Lycaon like the bite of a whip. The Selsa was clearly showing the reaction Lycaon had had high hopes of avoiding. This wolf did not trust him, nor did he trust the emissaries, and Lycaon knew he'd be watched closely from now on. He knew what the Selsa believed him to be to deem him such a threat. The Selsa saw him as a traitorous soul, a wretched, selfish wolf who abandoned his own in the wake of his father in search of a better life for himself. Perhaps he was right, but Lycaon knew inside himself that he was not at fault. After all, he had not done it to himself. 

Lycaon half-howled, half-whined in pain as the Zeta dressed his wound. The process hurt, but the end result relieved him of some of the pain. In a show of thanks, he bumped the young female with his muzzle. Accepting the Zeta's help, he pushed himself to his feet and turned his attention the confrontation that had just transpired between the Suns and the Beta. The look in the Beta's eyes as he stepped in front of Lycaon left the Mountaineer uneasy. He did not sense the same anger from him, but the distrust was matched. Lycaon knew he would need to prove himself. He looked at the Suns, Hickory and Cypress. His eyes lingered on her and he dipped his head to thank her for her help once again before focusing back on the Beta. 

"It's alright, Beta. I will take a separate entrance," he said gently, trying to ease the wolf. He was on edge, scared of something happening to his pack, his Alpha. Lycaon understood. Having once been Alpha of his own pack, he knew what it was like to bear the weight and responsibility of an entire pack's livelihood. Lycaon winced at the pain in his leg, lessening the pressure on his paw by shifting the majority of his weight to his hind legs. When the Selsa spoke, Lycaon turned in his direction. He was apprehensive and wary of the warrior when he asked to accompany the young Zeta's charge to the epicenter of the Borealis territory, but he kept his misgivings to himself. It was obvious this wolf sought an explanation, and he would get one, but only when Lycaon was speaking to an audience that included the entire pack and only when he was ready to give it. 

Whether the warrior wolf accepted it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread