• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
F
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Fairy Tail: A Guild for New Ages follows a new guild created after two hundred years of magical suppression within Fiore due to the destruction and disruption that magical guilds had caused in the lives of everyday people throughout the country. For those two years, mages have been forbidden from gathering and organizing. A drug was also developed that suppresses magical abilities, designed mostly with the intention of being used for those who cannot control their abilities and who do not have access to a teacher due to the lack of mass gatherings of mages.

Times are changing fast, though. A new crisis rises that requires mages to gather once more although it's unknown whether or not they will truly be capable of solving this mystery. Is it something even the magic of friendship can best or will it send the world into an even darker era than the one it is just rising from the ashes of? Only time will tell the truth of it all.

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
large.20180112053922_1.jpg.0d432586b5928cda75e40aacfd4387d5.jpg

A New Guild HallAlthough the Fioran government had accepted his proposal, Horace didn’t feel like they had a lot of faith in the plan he’d offered. In fact, he was almost certain that they expected him to fail quite massively. Perhaps that was why they’d helped promote all the publicity around a new magic guild forming to help him garner his first members - so that they could turn it into a spectacle that would bring down his family’s legacy. Or maybe he was just massively paranoid after how they’d treated him during his first failure; it wouldn’t be the first time a single failure had haunted his family for years beyond the actual event. Instead of dwelling on it, he tried to focus on the positives around him. They’d provided him with space to create a guild hall and it was actually a rather generous amount of space as well. Granted, it was old and dusty, and it probably wouldn’t survive the first time two guild members got into a magical fight in it’s confines, but it was something to work with for now.

He was working on dusting and putting up some more lights on the morning that his announcements had asked for mages to gather. There weren’t many windows to bring in sunlight and it came with minimal lighting fixtures. Although Horace himself wasn’t an engineer nor a mechanic, he knew how to perform basic repairs and he’d been working on figuring out the most efficient arrangements on lighting since he’d first seen the building. Just as he started climbing up a ladder to install another hanging lantern, Horace heard a knock on the door.

‘Hmm,’ he thought. He certainly wouldn’t have anticipated that any mages accepting his invitation would’ve been the types of people to knock. Usually mages were more… well, enthusiastic. “Come in!” he called out, hoping that his voice carried well enough for him to be heard.

Fortunately, it did, and the door gently opened to reveal a young girl. As Horace’s eyes fell upon her, he promptly realized that she was not at all like the mages he had been expecting to show up. “Mr. Horace?” the girl inquired. “Is this where the new guild hall is going to be?” Her eyes were scanning it curiously through the lenses of her glasses, as though she had expected something different, something more than what it was.

“Yes,” Horace answered, “it will be. I’m still working on some repairs, obviously, but that is the intent.”

After considering his answer for a moment, the young woman asked, “Will we be getting tattoos? Does our guild have a symbol or a banner of any kind? What are we going to be called?”

Eyes widening, Horace realized he had no answers for the young girl who was apparently the first member of Fiore’s first magical guild in 200 years. “I honestly hadn’t thought that far ahead,” he explained. “The guild is being created because Fiore needs mages again. It needs their - no, your - help.”

“I understand that, but we’ve got to have a name at the very least. It ought to be the first order of business.”

Standing on top of a ladder preparing to drill in another light, Horace could only stand baffled at a little girl who presumed to tell him what the first order of business ought to be. He actually already had an agenda prepared and naming the guild was nowhere on that list. “And what might your name be?”

“Lysander. You can call me Lyz, though.”

“Well, Lyz, I will certainly keep that in mind when I call our first meeting to order. For now, feel free to have a seat while we wait for others.” Turning his attention back to the task at hand, Horace continued drilling in the light fixture. If he couldn’t handle a child, how would he handle far more entitled mages? Already, some doubt was settling in.

PlusUltra PlusUltra animegirl20 animegirl20 Hanarei Hanarei CelticHero37 CelticHero37 shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Ace Cream Ace Cream

Guy

He felts lost when his sentence was finally came to an end. The noble who arrange his freedom came to meet him several times in the prison, but they didn't seems to have any intention to offer him work or anything. Funny because he was sure they burn a lot of money just to keep him alive so they probably really do it just to flex their influence on the other party. He couldn't understand them nobles...

Still, he was happy with how things turned out. He wasn't burdened with anything. He was a free man now, albeit one with no money. Which was why he was intrigued when he noticed an announcement about a new magic guild. Guy didn't know much about history but he knew magic guild was illegal, or maybe it's legal know? The announcement was plastered on the town's general board afterall so it should be fine. After spending several days traveling between town, looking for this supposed guild, Guy finally arrived at the building.

"Hello!" Guy entered the establishment and looked around, noticing the unfinished repairing tools scattered about. He spotted a little girl in the room so he approached her and kneeled to level his sight with her.

"I'm Guy. I'm looking for work, are you the guild leader?" He asked Lyz.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Shane Strom
pKGpH1q0FXH9quDHUmKhR0nDhkCgd8QbsQWCoBe_NtdBFcR1wua-8VLe28AgWae2aw3S4vdY-8XkOiygYqOzCFuqTax81MclvHtEzFUYqFm8enlbc7uEA1QxeGdQ9xcLKs0t0lbP
Shane Strom swung his leg around and slid off of Shamrock, his horse. He tied the companion to post and gave her a pat on the nose before reaching into a saddlebag and producing a cloth pouch. Walking into a bookstore in front of him, Shane approached the front counter and looked over it to find an older man bent over a pile of books. He stared at the man for a moment before clearing his throat. The old man jumped and almost lost his page, looking up to Shane and adjusting his glasses before smiling and saying, "Oh, Mr. Underhill. It's you. Wonderful! Do you have the item I requested?"

Shane set the cloth pouch down on the table in front of him, drawing it open and using two fingers to gently pull out the product partway. It was a pair of gale-force reading glasses. He let the bespectacled bookkeep look at them for a moment before sliding it back into the cloth and stating, "The requested item per our agreement." With that, he waited, not saying anything else. It took a moment for the older man to realize what was missing.

"Oh, right. Of course, here's a donation for your trouble. We really appreciate you taking the time to find these items for us," mentioned the man.

Shane let go of the cloth bag and accepted the cash donation with a genuine smile, "Alright Dr. Martin. As always, it was a pleasure doing business with you. If you need anything else, you know how to reach me. I'll be seeing you."

Shane adjusted his cowboy hat and exited the bookstore. He dropped the donation into his saddlebags before pulling out a folded piece of paper. He unfolded it and glanced at it for a moment before looking up to the street signs. He let out a sigh, "Ah hell, why not."

Grabbing onto the saddle, Shane hopped up and swung himself onto Shamrock before heading down the street. A few minutes later, the mage found himself in front of a rickety old building. His face stretched into an unimpressed expression as he stated, "What a dump. Eh, better than what I had last night."

Directing Shamrock over to the side, Shane found a good place to tie up Shamrock that conveniently had a water trough. Then he slid off his companion and went back into the saddlebags again. First, he brought out a carrot and fed it to Shamrock, petting him while he ate. Then he dug around in the saddlebags again until he found another cloth pouch. He turned toward the building to head inside, saying to himself, "I guess this will come in handy after all."

Waltzing into the building, Shane adjusted his cowboy hat and looked around. There were a few people present, in fact, he had just seen someone else walking in. That person had just finished asking if a little girl was the guild master. However, his eyes focused on a man that was behind her. Clapping a hand on the one who had introduced himself as Guy, Shane said, "She's got the same look as you and I. I'd say it's that guy over there. I assume you're all here to join the guild? My name's Shane. Shane Strom."

The last name Strom certainly carried some weight, as they had been a rather important family back when magic guilds were around and had managed to maintain their stature to the modern era. There was no specific family business, but they had been smart with their money and spent a lot of time helping out their communities. Shane himself was the youngest of the two Strom brothers. Not much was known about Shane's brother, but Shane was starting to build a positive reputation himself. He wasn't perfect, though. In other words, the name Shane Strom was generally respected in the community, but not so much among politicians and lawmakers.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Ace Cream Ace Cream

Skye Egintza
E9rVlSSl.jpg
The dark haired girl stepped infront of the building glancing up upon it. To say it was rather underwhelming was perhaps an understatement. Perhaps a little bit of an unrealistic expectation for some newly formed attempt at a guild in an era where such things were long since extinct. The idea of what it would even be like to approach a guild for membership seemed strange and foreign. To some extent she could only imagine the very idea of coming out in the open and basically admitting you had talent in magic was like putting a red flag on you. While you weren't likely to get pounced on and arrested for it, you could easily draw ire from others or distrust. The professional mages still working weren't that likely to be all that involved with the general public now a days.

Skye took a step inside glancing about briefly with her greyish blue orbs. Her black hair fell down just a bit past her shoulders with a portion of her hair kept up in a small ponytail behind her head. Standing 5'5 she wasn't exactly that tall being perhaps slightly leaning on the shorter side. She sported a rather nice button up top with a yellow dress shirt underneath and striped blue tie. A plaid darker blue skirt held around her legs reaching down to just above her knees. She did tend to like dressing up though granted on this occasion it was more her attempt for a 'job interview'. She wasn't quite certain what the whole guild application process entailed after all.

Her eyes were unable to help but gaze upon the tall man standing before her wearing a rather dirty looking denim jacket and an even taller one with a cowboy hat. Perhaps she was a bit... too formally dressed after all. She blinked attempting to peek around them both at who they were talking about though with no luck. She moved forward sneaking between them pushing her way partially through glancing over as to see better. Her eyes fixating on the smaller girl looking at her before glancing up to notice the man on the ladder. A bright smile filled her lips as she put up her bubbly persona.

"Ahhhhh.... that's who you were talking about! She is so cuuuute! OOo and you guys are quite handsome too! This is a nice place." She spoke speaking out rather bubbly with a bright smile. The girl shifting a bit back now that she was in a better position to be seen and to see others. She had to admit she wasn't exactly all that impressed on a... professional level with them all. The girl seemed a bit young to be here while the big guy a bit of an oaf. Not to mention why you would dress like a cowboy in a place that it makes no sense for. Still she shrugged off the thought not wanting to go thinking all negative. She was trying to be more positive. Keep positive!

"Oh, sorry I forgot my name. My name is Skye, nice to meet you all!" She spoke in a rather upbeat tone nodding her head enthusiastically.

Jane Axton & Tora

Boots thudded on the ground as a young woman made her way through town. She had a devilish grin and intensely gazed at the horizon, hell-bent to arrive at her destination. The sound of children laughing hushed as Jane got closer.

Behind Jane, a mature-looking cat woman walked with softer steps and angelic grace. She flashed the children a reassuring smile as the duo walked past. Her smile grew content as her Exceed ears heard the kids resume playing.
~~~
Without knocking, Jane swung open the door to the new guild hall. Her large, toothy grin was still plastered on her face. This was it, time to see what the new guildhall had to offer. "Huh?" She exclaimed, sounding angrily confused as she saw the state the guildhall was in. "Yo, Tora. Did I get the address right?"

"Yes, this is the place."

"Tsk!" Jane crossed her arms and leaned against a pillar. "Should of expected the government to cheapen out on us..." She sighed. "Fairy Tail was dinky once... guess we'll just have to show those geezers."

Glancing around the room, they spotted a few other people. A couple men, some girls (one presumably younger than the other), and another man working on setting up lights. Jane maintained a grumpy look with a frown and nodded her greeting. Tora, on the other hand, had a warm smile on her face. She gave a maternal wave, directing it mostly at Lyz; hoping to ease the girl if she had found Jane a bit too intimidating.

"I'm assuming you're Horace Goodkin," Tora said to the man fixing up the guildhall. "I'm Tora, and this is Jane Axton..."

"Titanium Jane!" Jane interrupted. She flexed her arm with the dragon tattoo, forming her Iron Dragon scales on it. "Don't forget it," she added intensely. It was her wizard name and she was proud of it.

She went back to crossing her arms, returning her once metallic arm to flesh.

"Nya," Tora softly sighed. Anyway... "We're here to join the guild..." "Obviously." "...Would you like hand, sir?" Tora asked Horace. She knew her way around cleaning supplies; If she sprouted her wings, she could also help out with the light fixtures.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Ace Cream Ace Cream CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Hanarei Hanarei

Last edited:
Millicent Arkham
Millicent looked from the leaflet to the outside of the hall and back again several times as she began to wonder if she had in fact arrived at the right location. From what she could recall reading the old Guildhalls were these grandiose multilevel masterpieces so it should be a brand new display of sorts, while what she was looking at appeared to be more of an old, run-down tavern in dire need of renovations. It also brought certain doubts the place was even up to code but then again she wasn't exactly on the best of terms with health inspectors so really it wasn't her place to say. In any case, there was only one way to know for certain and that was to head inside and take a look.

A thunderous knock would echo around the hall as she raps the door before walking in, shaking remnants of dust from above for a moment as her curious and slightly embarrassed face peered intside.
"I do hope i am not interrupting but the flyers stated this was the location for the new national mages association...or guild or, well whatever it's being called nowadays?" looking from side to side at the inside not being that much better than the outside "Did I get the date mistaken?".

Waltzing inside she heads to the side of the room, knocking on the wood as if inspecting it closely for a few moments, her eyes trailing along the rest of the area. Well at worse if this wasn't the right place she could always see about arranging some work fixing the place up, that and a place to get a drink or two since what kind of tavern wouldn't have a stocked bar.

b2a0ca36c12266f72ebf0cda6fb74c60.pngDiana walked up to the guild hall and looked around wondering if this was the right place. She pretty sure was, it looked like a guild hall. Fun down yes but it did look like one. Smiled to herself as thoughts ran through her head. I'm actually about to join a guild.... "What a dump." Diana glanced to her side seeing Peter standing next to her staring at the building with judging eyes. "It's clearly not good enough for you." Diana was use to Peter popping up as he pleased so she really wasn't surprised to see him. Diana giggled a little at his comment. "Oh it's not that bad besides just think of what this place could turn into." Diana said cheerfully as her eyes went back to the building. "Besides Your just annoyed cause your a clean freak." Peter turned to look at her. "There's nothing wrong with wanting things to be clean!" Peter said annoyed. "Yes but nothing is ever clean enough for you." Diana said smiling at him. "Why are you here anyway? I told you I was going to be busy." "Because I knew you'd be nervous." Before Diana could respond to that she felt something tug her skirt and she looked down to see Peter in his little bunny form. "I thought you liked someone with you." Diana smiled brightly and picked him up giving him a tight hug. "Aww your so cute! And Don't worry I'm fine I'm just...excited is all." Peter blushed a little as she hugged him. Then suddenly and went back into his human form and hugged Diana tightly. "NO YOUR CUTE! YOUR THE MOSTLY LOVELY WOMAN IN THE ENTIRE WORLD AND MY LOVE GROWS FOR YOU MORE AND MORE EVE- OWWW!!!" Peter bent down with his hands on top of his head and his eyes watered slightly from the pain. "Why you hit me?!" He wined. "You know exactly why I hit you how many times do I have to tell you not to squeeze me like that?" Diana sighed and but her book back in her bag. "Either turn into your bunny form or go back to where you came from. Peter sniffed. "Fine...." He shifted back into his bunny form and Diana picked him up and kissed the top of his head where she hit him. "Sorry Peter haha but you were getting carried away again."

With Peter her arms Diana finally walked inside and noticed that others had arrived. She spoke loud just enough to be heard. "Hello? I'm Diana! I'm here to join the guild?" Diana said as she started making her way to the group. Though she didn't want to admit it to Peter she really was kind of nervous. She had spent her days mostly alone with her sprits and at the library reading to children every now and then. Also she took few solo mage jobs here and there. Peter looked around the place in disgust getting more and more displeased with is surroundings. Diana walked up to the group and noticed there was younger here. Well that really wasn't so out of place considering guilds long ago would even have children as members. Her arms tighten around Peter a little more once she reached the group.
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Ace Cream Ace Cream CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Hanarei Hanarei shadowdude505 shadowdude505 PlusUltra PlusUltra

Goodkin Guildmaster?It was hard for Lysander to restrain a subtle amount of laughter when the first person to join her in the guild hall asked her if she was meant to be the guild leader. When she tried comparing herself to the guildmasters she had read about in all the ancient histories, she was forced to accept the fact that her own abilities were quite lackluster and not nearly powerful enough to meet what must have been qualifications to lead a guild. It was something she pondered frequently when she was trying to fall asleep at night.

Briskly, she was already shaking her head ‘no’ when another man walked in and basically presumed that she wasn’t. Now, that part had to make Lysander a little sad because while she knew that she certainly didn’t live up to the legend of the guildmasters of old, she also hated it when people assumed things about her due to her size or her age. True, he had mentioned that his presumption was based on the look upon her face, but that didn’t mean that Lysander was any happier about it. However, she decided not to address that. Rather, she looked over to Horace and explained, “That’s Mr. Horace Goodkin. I don’t know that I would call him a guildmaster, but he is the one who sent out the advertisements. He made a name for himself a while ago, I remember reading about, but he wasn’t a very good military commander. I don’t know if he’ll be a good guildmaster. He wasn’t even gonna give the guild a name!” Lysander’s voice flared in accusation.

That remark got Horace’s head to snap off of his task and over to the gradually growing group of mages assembled at his request. The little girl knew about him? He wasn’t sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, but he certainly knew he would have to keep an eye on that one.

A woman walked up and again asked to verify his identity. He nodded at her, curiously inspecting her ears on top of her head, but didn’t remark on the oddity. Mages were all odd, he supposed, so it would be what it was.

“No,” he replied to Tora’s offer at helping. “The lights can wait. If people are arriving, we should focus on getting straight to business. If everyone could take a seat, I can get started.” He gestured to the tables in the center of the guild hall, all arranged in a rather orderly fashion. So far the one person he’d instructed to take a seat hadn’t followed that direction, though, so he wondered if defiance ran among all the wizards he’d summoned. Horace certainly hoped not, and the one lady with the ears seemed reasonable enough. “Please,” he added politely. “I have a lot to brief everyone on. If you are here about the magical guild, you are in the correct place, and it is the right day and time to be present.” He hoped that he managed to address all the inquiries and garner their attention adequately.

As more people poured in, though, Lysander was even less inclined to follow instructions because she’d never seen so many mages in one place. No one had, really, because it had been illegal for so long. Her feet did absently start to carry her in the direction of a table, though. As she inspected each and every one of the newcomers, she noticed something odd about the one who had referred to herself as “Titanium Jane.” She didn’t look particularly odd, but Lysander got the sense that something was different about her. She couldn’t place it and it puzzled her. Taking a seat, she couldn’t tear her eyes off of the woman. Now didn’t feel like a good time to ask about it, though.

Instead, Lysander forcefully shifted her gaze to another woman - one who seemed just as excited about joining a guild as she was. “Skye, do you want to come sit with me!? I’m Lyz!” Even though it had seemed that Lysander was scatterbrained and not paying attention to many peoples’ introductions, she had actually heard most of them.

Ace Cream Ace Cream CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Hanarei Hanarei shadowdude505 shadowdude505 PlusUltra PlusUltra animegirl20 animegirl20

Skye Egintza
E9rVlSSl.jpg

Skye had become rather silent as more entered the establishment suddenly increasing how many were there. She had to admit she did feel a bit... odd with so many around. It wasn't like a crowd of people wasn't expected when venturing around the town or anything but to see so many poeple gathered in one location specifically with the same motive in mind was a bit strange to her. They weren't exactly going for a typical job interview either. To say there were a variety of characters would be an understatement as the others who entered in only made the one with a cowboy hat seem a bit less strange. Were all mages just general weirdos?

It seemed all the commotion had finally sparked the 'guildmaster' to react after the blonde, seemingly more normal looking woman ventured in causing him to speak up. He was the most likely of any of the people there to be the one in charge though the fact he was trying to set up the lights himself rather then getting help to do it for him was a rather peculiar thing. Perhaps living much of her life in luxury did paint her view on things a bit differently then most. If that wasn't a bit strange what he said was even more so. Explaining things? Wasn't he going to check their credentials? It made it seem as if he was just taking anything that might wander in trying to coax them into whatever he was up to. Not to mention he didn't seem to do a good job of asserting much authority. Perhaps he was just the janitor taking the chance to take the chance to play up the role as 'boss' to fill some lifelong dream he thought he might never achieve.

Her eyes drifted briefly to the larger woman who ahd asked about being the right date. He did seem to be paying attention at least. Her eyes shifted about looking more directly at the others more so seeming to get lost in thought as if daydreaming. She was deep in thought though given her typical demeanor it did perhaps came off more as a blank confused expression on her face. An unintentional expression on her part. Despite trying to put up a little bit of an act it was far more of a natural reaction for her. Perhaps just a side effect of lacking a lot of direct social interaction with others. The only really bit she had to force out of herself was trying to act much more upbeat and optimistic rather then allowing her 'glass half empty' view on things to take charge.

Skye blinked as she heard her name causing the girl to quickly glance around with an even more confused look upon her face. She was really playing the part of an airhead far too good, and complete accidental on her part with how much she allowed her mind to drift to the point she actually lost track. It probably didn't help that it came from the younger girl from before she had in part forgotten had been there with the other more bizarre characters like the metal dunderhead looking woman who had came in with a weird partner. She smiled down at Lyz bowing slightly as she tried to be courteous in response.

"Ah! Nice to meet you I'm Sk... oh yeah, you said my name and I introduced myself already. Sorry." She spoke with a light ditzy laugh. Now she couldn't help but feel like a bit of an idiot herself. Perhaps divine karma coming into play after being so quick to harshly judge the others. More so it was just her lack of social interaction and dealing with a bunch of strangers throwing her off. She moved towards Lyz glancing down upon the seat. She could see all the dust still clinging onto it, both from before as well as more that most likely had been swept up with all the commotion. The smile on her lips turned a bit askew doing a rather good job of displaying how unpleasant of a sight it was. She lifted her finger up looking at Lyz.

"Ah... one minute...."

She spoke the rather disgusted attempt at a smile shifting back to look simple a bit awkward looking at the younger girl as she lifted her left hand up. She pressed her thumb against her pinky pointing away from everyone to an empty space on the floor. A sudden snap of her fingers echoed out as a strange purple hue of light formed ripping out an opening. Through the cap ripped through space all that could be seen was some red... curtains? The young mage wandered through parting the curtains another set seeming to be contained under it blocking out the view of what was inside. The sound of the portal could be heard with a strange hum the jagged opening kept still as the curtains remained absolutely still.

What was nearly 8 seconds short of a minute alter a ruffle of the curtains could be seen as a pink cushioned chair poked its way through. Skye quickly followed out carrying the chair. The chair itself seemed rather nice. Clearly a bit older of a chair with the pink colors a bit faded though kept in otherwise rather great condition. She placed the chair down looking back as she closed her first the portal shutting behind her leaving things just as they had been before just with a chair now placed down just besides Lyz.

"S... sorry... didn't mean to take so long. I just wanted to sit someplace comfy... and one that wouldn't get my nice skirt dirty." She spoke. shuffling around before plopping herself into the cushioned seat a soft sigh of relief as she wiggled her tush around more so avoided warping the cushion in the wrong way so that it was perfectly molded for her. Considering it was a chair since she had when she was ten she had adored it was rather sentimental for her... in a weird way. Considering the faded drawing of hearts and teddy bears it was probably something most wouldn't even consider the idea of though being as socially inept as she was with how people tended to view things as being 'childish' it didn't in the least bit come up in her mind. Situated properly, she turned and smiled warmly at Lysander sitting more for her sake rather then that of the questionable guildmaster though still quite sold on the whole idea as sketchy as it seemed.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock animegirl20 animegirl20 shadowdude505 shadowdude505 PlusUltra PlusUltra CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Ace Cream Ace Cream

Jane Axton & Tora

Tora cupped her hands together and nodded at Horace. She walked off to find a seat. Familiar with Jane's antics, she chose a seat near one of the wood pillars. She daintily sat down and began to run a finger across the dusty table. She flicked the dust off her finger and gave their new guildmaster a sympathetic smile. She didn't doubt that he would have preferred the new guildhall to be in better shape, but there was work to be done regardless. She wouldn't mind helping to clean up.

Tora's tail bobbed happily behind her as she waited for Horace to speak.
~~~
Jane straightened up and was about to move toward the tables, when she noticed Lysander staring at her. She arched an eyebrow and intensely stared back until the girl broke eye contact to talk to Skye.

"What was that about?" Jane wondered. She noted a similar smell. Was the pip-squeak a Dragon Slayer too? Was she the guild's Wendy?

Jane moved toward Tora and leaned against the pillar, crossing her arms again. She wasn't a clean freak like prep school girl over there; she just felt more comfortable standing. She could hear just fine from here.

Tora watched as Jane maintained her ruffian frown. She knew it was just a part of Jane's personality; hopefully Horace and the others were catching on too.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock animegirl20 animegirl20 Hanarei Hanarei PlusUltra PlusUltra CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Ace Cream Ace Cream

Last edited:
Millicent Arkham
First impressions were not exactly positive so far as the colorful cast of characters began to gather, nor did the guild master stand out as what the tales often painted them as, though she was here already so there was no harm in giving it a shot. Looking around the bar area for a moment she reached behind to grab a bottle before reclining on a bench against a table and taking a deep drink, as the man introduces himself. "I mean all things considered, If this is going to be the only mage guild they put together does it really need a name? not like it can be confused for another one right? Besides government-run projects like this are not exactly known for creative names unless there trying for a clever acronym or something? In either case if it makes getting work easier and they dont take too much of a cut the add sounded ok.....oh by the way you might really want to get those joists replaced, really need to be thicker if your load-bearing them like that, specially with the stories you hear about the old guilds" casually gesturing with the bottle to one of the beams she had been inspecting earlier.

Guy

"Ah, I see. Apologies, Master Goodkin, I thought you were repairman. I will help with the renovation later then." Realizing his mistake, Guy bowed slightly towards Horace to show his respect. Despite his rough appearance Guy always interact with other people with the best assumption of that person until proven otherwise so he didn't mind Lyz's words about Horace that much, he would see that for himself. Several more mages arrived and Guy just silently watching them as he made himself comfortable by taking one of the seat. He listened carefully to what their guildmaster would say for this briefing.

Sybo Crerd

original.jpg
The town was busy. Excited civilians wondered the grimy roads, shopping, eating, working, etc. A mysterious individual stood out in particular. It was a man of average height with spiky red hair and yellow eyes. He wore nothing but a rugged black jacket that was loosely draped upon his shoulders and matching black trousers that were also rugged. On his feet were tawny colored sandals, the only thing he had on that looked proper. He also wore no shirt, showing off his muscular and scarred body. This man's name was Sybo, and he was amongst the crowds travelling through the broad dirt roads. A wooden news board stood off to the side of the road with papers of varying sizes and colors posted on it. Noticing this, Sybo came to a stop. He strolled over to the board and skimmed over the news articles. "Hm?" He noticed one mentioning a new guild for mages here in town. After quickly reading through the article, he ambled off in silence. A thrilled smirk expanded on his face. "This could be interesting."

After traversing through the hectic streets of Fiore, he finally arrived at the old guild building. "Hmm... Is this the right address? Looks kinda... Trash.." A frown was apparent on the young man's face. He was a little disappointed with the appearance of the guild but he also wasn't sure if it was actually the guild. "Guess there's only one way to find out." The people inside the guild would see the doors fly open and Sybo standing at the entrance with one leg raised. Lowering his foot, he smiled and threw up his hand. "Yo."

b2a0ca36c12266f72ebf0cda6fb74c60.pngDiana went to one of the tables to sit down at the man's request but before she could Peter jumped out of her arms and switched into human form. "Wait!" He yelled out. "Don't sit down yet." He adjusted the gloves on his hand and ran a finger across the seat Diana was about to sit at. He looked at the thick dust on his hand. "Unacceptable, I will not allow you to sit on such filth." Diana gave him a smile then sighed. "Peter you really don't-" Before she could finish he had already started cleaning the table and almost in a flash had it completely clean and looking brand new. "There much better!" Peter said with pleased look on his face as he expected his own work. "Now you may sit down." Peter said with a slight bow. Diana realizing there was no point in saying anything else down and sat her bag on the table.

Peter was standing behind Diana with his hands behind his back watching everyone and noticed Skye as she made a pair of red curtain appear and went through them. When she came out she was caring a very nice pink cushioned chair. "Ah now she has the right idea." Peter said to himself approvingly.

Diana looked over at Millicent when said the guild didn't have a name. "No name??" Diana said surprised and disappointed. "But we need a name and a symbol like a real guild. I'm sure we could come up with a name that everyone will like." She really hoped others agreed. "Clearly not enough thought was gone into this." Peter mumbled to himself. Diana's eyes went over to the guild's entrance when she heard the doors fly open. Boy walked in with red spiked hair and greeted everyone with a 'Yo'. Diana happy to see more people arriving gave him a welcoming smile. She thought this was becoming a decent turn out.
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Ace Cream Ace Cream CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Hanarei Hanarei shadowdude505 shadowdude505 PlusUltra PlusUltra Japanime Japanime

Last edited:
Shane Strom
pKGpH1q0FXH9quDHUmKhR0nDhkCgd8QbsQWCoBe_NtdBFcR1wua-8VLe28AgWae2aw3S4vdY-8XkOiygYqOzCFuqTax81MclvHtEzFUYqFm8enlbc7uEA1QxeGdQ9xcLKs0t0lbP
As other potential guild members began to arrive, Shane stepped off to the side so they could come in. He tipped his hat to a few of them when they looked over to him in a friendly gesture but otherwise remained silent as they introduced themselves and began to talk. Shane was taking in the faces himself. He had no way of knowing if the others understood how serious this moment was, but since he came from an important magic family he understood the importance of this moment. They were making history, and these were the first ones to the party. That didn't mean they would all carry on and be mainstays, but that didn't matter. Whoever showed up on this day was an early adopter, an important participant on this historic day. Nothing was certain, but he hoped this lead to the adoption of magic into the mainstream once again.

As the topic of the guild name and seal came up, Shane perked up a little more. Some of the members didn't care if there was a name or not, and it was possible that nothing more would come from this arrangement. In which case, it was true that no name was needed. Despite that, Shane still felt a name would be good for morale and help them grow as a team. Not to mention he figured it would help market the idea of magic to the mainstream again. Finally, he stepped forward, heading toward the bar. He didn't really care for someone telling him he had to sit down, but he wanted a drink anyway, so there was no benefit to causing a scene. Before he got to the bar, though, he stopped in front of Horace and held up the cloth pouch he had been carrying. From it, he pulled out a guild stamp and said, "We probably don't need it, but I think having a name would be good for morale. In the past, guild names usually had something to do with a magical creature, like Fairy Tail. Before they were disbanded, a lot of magicians in my family belonged to one called Lamia Scale. We could always recycle one of those old names or go with something new like... I don't know, Griffin Wing or something. Although looking at the state of this place, it'd be more fitting to call us Griffin Butt. Either way, I got us a guild seal. Unused, so whatever we decide, all these mages can have the dignity of a guild tattoo."

Placing the guild stamp back in the bag, Shane finished his journey to the bar. He got himself a nice stout beer before taking a seat on a barstool next to Millicent and leaning back on the bar to listen to what the others had to say. He took a drink before sitting up for a moment to add, "Oh, and I'll help with the remodeling too. All these wonderful volunteers here deserve better than this damn government-subsidized shithole."

Last edited:
Shall We Redecorate?Lysander watched in quiet awe as her newfound friend managed to pull a chair out of… a space that hadn’t been there two seconds ago and that promptly vanished after Skye was done with it. The young scholar couldn’t help but offer a small bundle of claps in applause for the magical display. “That was amazing!” she proclaimed. “What other kinds of things do you have hidden away in there? Is there enough that you could redecorate the whole guild hall? It certainly needs some sprucing up.”

Although it bothered him that everyone seemed to be finding some sort of problem or another with the space that the Fioran government had graciously offered him for this project, Horace had to admit that many of the mages were making accurate remarks about the presentation of the guild hall. He wasn’t the most pleased with it either, and while he knew that they didn’t have time for repairs, he briefly considered that sprucing up the place might just be beneficial for morale. And strengthening the structure itself - as Millicent had suggested - certainly would be necessary sooner or later. In fact, if they didn’t do it sooner rather than later, then it was going to be that much more trouble to fix when one of the mages eventually destroyed it.

Though he was a bit befuddled and perturbed by the item Shane came forward with, it wasn’t something he found himself in a good position to ask too many questions about.

Sighing, more to himself than to anyone around him, Horace climbed down from his ladder and moved to a good spot that would allow him to easily address everyone who had gathered so far. “Alright everyone,” he informally called the meeting to order, “Settle down. Once I’ve briefed everyone, we can all work together on giving our location a bit more flavor and personality. It’d be a good exercise in cooperating with one another, and give everyone a chance to get to know each other as well.” His eyes drifted towards Lysander briefly and he raised an eyebrow as if to ask, ‘Is that fair enough to you?’ because she had been his biggest critic by far so far. “And if someone is able to come up with a name for the guild that feels appropriate and that everyone can agree upon, we can do that as well.”

It appeared Lysander wanted to get the last word in this time around. The youngest person present tossed a glare of ice and venom towards Shane and nearly growled, “We will not be Griffin Butt.” Her eyes flashed white and for the briefest moment, a shimmer of silver scales adorned her skin although Lysander herself was in no position to notice it in the slightest.

Determined to move along, Horace pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket upon which he had outlined a fairly basic agenda of items he needed to cover. “Now then, for those of you unfamiliar with the area, our host is a town called Blaiden. The townspeople have all been informed of the guild we are creating. Many of them are hesitant, but they understand the gravity of the threat we are facing and the need for mages to help address it. If you all could manage, kindness and respect for the fact that their town is currently standing and the fact that they would like to keep it that way would be very much appreciated.” It wasn’t hard to realize that Horace feared they would damage the town beyond repair. It wouldn’t be the first time a magical guild had done such a thing, after all, and almost everyone knew those stories.

“As to the threat we are facing, I’m sure many of you - if not all of you - are at least mildly aware of the magical portal that’s been haunting the mountains around Crocus for the past three years. It keeps spitting out monsters and demons and things we haven’t had to face in centuries or more. The world thought they were dead, but somehow they are back and they seem utterly furious. The military has tried to address the threat independently and their progress is minimal. A couple freelance mages were pulled in to help, and they seem to have gotten sucked into the vortex. We haven’t been able to locate them since then. Our hope is that with a full guild of mages, we’ll at least be able to trap the monsters in the mountains to protect the remainder of the country while the portal is further studied so that we can hopefully eliminate it.”

After explaining the situation, Horace’s eyes scanned over the mages who had assembled. While he had certainly hoped for more, there was no guarantee this was all that would show up. If it was, then he still believed they might be enough to block some things off and offer support to the military efforts. If he could shape them into a proper guild - into a team like Fairy Tail had once been - then Horace believed they stood a chance. Would they be afraid, though? Or did he have the right ones to leap straight at the challenge no questions asked?

His best guess was that they were somewhere in the middle, but he didn’t know them all that well yet.

“Obviously we need to learn how to all work together first. I had some ideas for how to do that, but now that it’s been brought up a couple times, this place could use some work and all I’ve got is a drill and some screws. Surely all of you come with greater abilities than that, right? Let’s go around and hear… maybe see… what y’all can do.”

Never in the past two hundred years had any Fioran issued an invitation for mages to show off their capabilities until now.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 animegirl20 animegirl20 PlusUltra PlusUltra Japanime Japanime Ace Cream Ace Cream Hanarei Hanarei shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Skye Egintza
E9rVlSSl.jpg

The young mage blinked a bit surprised by Lysander's applause and praises. She blinked looking rather blankly on seeming a bit lost at first by it. The very idea of showing off magic being shunned in society taking a moment to spark in her mind. She shook her head a little snapping back to reality lifting her hand scratching the back of her head letting out a light laugh. It wasn't as if she didn't know that, after all she was very careful going about her business without exposing her magic before eventually coming to catch wind about the guild. She decided to respond back more so to her commenting on the guildhall.

"Ah... well... its just really my room. i didn't have that much furniture. It would take a lot to make this place look decent. I mean I can make the spaces pretty big but the amount it would take to turn this dump into a respectable building would be a stretch." She spoke with a light laugh. The thought of how harsh that might of come off to Horace not really coming to mind for her. Really it didn't even dawn to her she had spouted out rather negative comments again. She was suppose to try and keep all positive and now she was vocalizing her negativity! She gently kicked herself against her ankle as if some sort of self discipline as she kept her soft smile on her lips.

She turned to the cowboy and then to Lysander. Her eyes caught sight of the scales briefly shimmering catching it as her smile suddenly dissipated looking a bit more serious. As if catching herself Skye blinked scratching at her chin shifting her focus away from what she had seen to that of what she heard the younger girl repeat from the cowboy. The girl tapping her chin as if in thought or attempting to understand what was said.

"Huh? Griffun but... what?" She spoke tilting her head looking a bit perplexed. The girl looking to Lysander for a brief moment longer before glancing back to Shane as if she might of missed something. Truth be told she wasn't really that aware of the whole situation that it wasn't as if she was playing it off either. As far as she was aware in her moment of distraction she could of easily missed what had been said after.

As Horace began to speak up again, she couldn't help but have her eyes drift away looking towards the others. Her eyes fixated towards Sybo in particular who had snuck in most recently looking at him. He seemed rather cute and good looking, though given his entrance also potentially a troublemaker barging in the way he did. Probably the type that would help lead this building to look like the wreck it was now. Her eyes glancing at the others who seemed to have perhaps more mixed priorities. Not to say she didn't know her own were perhaps not the most logical either. She was very much aware of her preferences being not the most effective things to focus on first, even if her more bubbly demeanor might make her come off another way.

At the mentioning of working together to clean up the place Skye shifted in her chair slightly not moving too much to lose her comfortable seating. The teen quick to speak up.

"Huh? Wouldn't using our abilities to try and hire some professionals to spruce up be a misuse of our magic abilities?" She commented seeming to shift automatically to the conclusion he was hinting towards that. The notion of doing the work herself not even phasing into her mind until after she blurted out realizing they weren't likely that well fonded to have that option in the first place. She bit her bottom lip scratching at her temple as if to come off more in thought to change her choice of words a little.

"Or... where you implying something else maybe?" She questioned out falling back a bit on her airheaded nature.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock animegirl20 animegirl20 shadowdude505 shadowdude505 PlusUltra PlusUltra CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Ace Cream Ace Cream Japanime Japanime

Jane Axton & Tora

Scales! The squirt had scales! Excited by her first Dragon Slayer sighting (she couldn't count herself), a large, toothy grin replaced her frown. Things were getting interesting and it was just the first day.

Jane got a little tunnel visioned as she prepared to introduce her magic to everyone; she had already showed it off a little. She stepped forward and was about to speak up when she heard Skye talking. Her statement was like a record scratch; getting her out of her own little world and returning the frown.

"Huh?" She sounded like a punk. "I think he just wants to know what kind of magic we have..."

Brain back on track, she cracked her knuckles and laughed. "Gihihi." The toothy grin returned to her scowling face. "I'm Titanium Jane, Iron Dragon Slayer." She pointed to herself with her thumb. "Things break in a fight, but I'm not one of them." She covered her body with iron scales.

"We're the first guild in ages, we need a respectable name. Something like...hmmm...Rising Pheonix. The wizarding world, rising from the ashes, showing the geezers that run the world how wrong they are, opening the doors for more guilds. Sure, magic may be inconvenient at times, but suppressing it? That's just snuffing out one of the things that makes life interesting." She sounded passionate, one could say fired up, about this topic.

Tora nodded along as Jane talked. She had heard her viewpoints on wizards and magic countless times. She wondered how Mr. Goodkin would react to her viewpoints.

After Jane finished talking, Tora stood up and cupped her hands together in front of her. "I noticed you were staring at my ears earlier, Master Goodkin. I bet you're wondering what kind of wizard has cat ears. Nya? Well...they aren't exactly cat ears because..." A puff of smoke briefly shrouded her form. She reappeared, with wings unfurled, in her Exeed form; resembling a black cat. She hovered in the air, flying at an adult's height. "Ta-da! I'm really an Exceed. Nyahaha," she giggled softly like a mature woman. "I use magic to fly and boost my flight speed, and I use my claws to fight."

She transformed back into her human form. "My abilities may not be as impressive as a Dragon Slayer's, but I'm happy to be support. I look forward to working with you all," she bowed.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock animegirl20 animegirl20 Hanarei Hanarei PlusUltra PlusUltra CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Ace Cream Ace Cream Japanime Japanime

Last edited:
Guy

Guy listened to Horace's briefing carefully. Since he didn't know much about what was happening during his imprisonment a lot of the info was new to him. He was curious about what these monsters and demons he was talking about. During his mercenary days Guy's team was occasionally sent to subjugate monster which lead him to his encounter with the titan, so he was wondering if these monsters and demons Horace mentioned were any different than the monsters he encountered before.

"I'm good at breaking things. Punching, kicking, things like that." He replied briefly, unsure how to explain his magic. He wanted to demonstrate but he was sure the guild couldn't afford another broken wall at the current state so he just concluded his explanation there.

1617212216033.pngAfter Horace was done speaking Skye was the first one to speak up though it seemed like she miss understood. Jane was the first to introduce herself and stated was a Iron Dragon Slayer. Diana smiled brightly and her eyes widen. She was clearly excited to see they had dragon slayer in the guild. She'd read about them in her books and they were quite amazing. After introducing herself Jane gave her thoughts about the guild name and even suggested one. "Rising Phoenix.....That's...not bad idea. I like it." Diana said happily and actually agreed with her though.....she would of worded it differently. Diana wasn't to surprised to see Tora's form. Dragon slayers usually did have a Exeed with them though she never thought she would see one today. Her eyes were practically shining. "So cool..."

After Jane introduced herself Guy didn't say exactly what his magic was but it seem to have something to do with strength. Diana decided to go next. She stood up from her table and gave everyone a warm smile. "I'm Diana I use Dark magic and Celestial magic. This is actually one of spirits and my best friend Peter." Diana said as gestured to the bunny man. Peter gave a pleasant smile. "Very nice to meet all of you. And I'd be happy to help fix up the place." Peter said with bow.
CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Ace Cream Ace Cream Hanarei Hanarei shadowdude505 shadowdude505 PlusUltra PlusUltra Japanime Japanime

hojo_hibiki__precure_tsunagaru_pazurun__by_jellyheartsofficial_dd212kb-fullview.jpgMindy couldn't believe it. Today she'd be joining a actually guild. She never thought that she be able to do something like this let alone meet more mages like herself. She just hoped she could make a good first impression. Mindy was currently at the bakery where she worked and getting the place ready to open. After she was done with her morning duties she flipped the closed sign to open then went behind the counter and stuck her head in the window to the kitchen. "Mrs. brown! I finished up my I head out now?" Mindy called out. Mrs. Brown looked over at her smiled. "Hold on." Mindy walked over to the window where a fresh tray of cookies were cooling off. Mindy stared at them. Man they look good.....Mindy looked behind her seeing no one was there then looked back in front of her. "Maybe I could...." Mindy reached her hand out to grab a cookie but before her hand could reach one a wooden spoon suddenly wacked her hand. "Ow!" She turned to see Mrs. Brown with a stern look on her face. "Mindy how many times must I tell you." Mrs. Brown pointed at the tray of cookies with her wooden spoon. "Those are for paying costumers. Not greedy little girls." Mindy puffed out her cheeks. "I'm not a little girl! I'm 14 teen a full blown teenager. I'm practically woman." Mrs. Brown gave her disbelief smile. "Really now? Then act like it! Ahem....Now." She turned and pointed to white boxes on the table. "Before you head over to your little guild meeting I need you to deliver these." "But I'll be late if don't head over there now!" Mindy whined. "You'll get there in plenty of time. Mrs Brown said. "I'm being very generous by letting you have off today. Now go on. No complaining." "Ugh fiiiiine." Mindy said as she picked up the boxes and headed outside. "Have good day dear!" Mrs. Brown called out as Mindy left. Mindy walked over to her bike and sat the boxes on the back of it. "Ok let's see..." She took the paper with the list of orders off from the top box and read over it then got her bike and headed off.

Finally Mindy was down to her last two. She looked at the list but noticed there wasn't anymore names on it. "That's weird did she forget to add them?" She got off her bike and opened one of the boxes and saw it a dozen cup cakes in it. She then noticed a note taped to the inside of the box. "What's this?" She took the note and read it to herself. "Surprise since you really have been such a good worker I thought I surprise you with fresh backed cup cakes. There are two dozen of them share them with your new guild mates good luck...." Mindy grinned. "I can't believe she actually gave me these....I'll have to make sure to thank her later! I can't wait to have one!" Mindy began to reach out and take one then stopped herself. "....Maybe I should wait till I get to the guild first." She then closed the box, put the note in her pocket, got on her back and headed off towards the guild.

Once she made it she noticed a horse. "Awww how cute!" She was tempted to pet it but she was worried that she might be late already so she decided it would be best to not get distracted especially since the guild was like right in front of her. Though she had to admit the place looked a bit.....run down..."Ah well! Can always fix the place up!" She said happily. She got off her bike and grabbed the box of cup cakes then headed towards the entrance and kicked the the doors up open with her foot then walked in and made her presence known. "HI!! I'M MINDY HOPE I'M NOT LATE! I BROUGHT CUP CAKES IF ANYONE IS HUNGRY!"
CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Ace Cream Ace Cream Hanarei Hanarei shadowdude505 shadowdude505 PlusUltra PlusUltra Japanime Japanime

Bender of LightLysander stood with a sparkle in her eyes as she awaited the oncoming display of magical abilities she had anticipated would follow Horace’s invitation for them to start showing off. However, her expression switched to one of sullen disappointment when the epic displays she’d been anticipating didn’t actually come up. Her eyes did widen slightly when one of the wizards present transformed into a winged cat - an exceed like Happy and Carla from all the stories so long ago. Briefly, Lysander found herself wondering where the rest of the exceeds had gone off to when magic was banned. After all, their very existence was magical so surely the government didn’t want them around. Did they go to another country or were most of them just in hiding? She hoped she would have a chance to ask Tora about it at some point.

Briefly, her attention had to shift, though, because someone new walked in. “Welcome!” she greeted Mindy. “Guildmaster Horace had just invited us to share what we can do, either by demonstration or by description. Demonstrations are so much more fun, though! Wouldn’t you agree!?” Her gaze flickered to the cupcakes for a moment. She wasn’t intentionally ignoring them. Rather, there was something else she wanted to focus on first.

“Anyway, I want to show all of you what I can do. It’s so much more valuable to see it than it is to hear about it, I think.” Lysander’s palms flicked up in front of her as though she were telling someone in front of her to stop. She wasn’t, though. Rather, the movement helped her to visualize her magic and bring it into life. Sure enough, a white magic circle appeared in front of her, flashed and then it vanished. The magic circle vanished right along with Lysander. It was as though she’d never been standing there and trying to address everyone in the first place.

Suddenly, though, her voice resounded from the same spot she’d been standing upon. “I’m still here, even though you can’t see me,” she said to everyone. Gradually, Lysander faded back into view. “I can turn other things invisible to. And do other things with lights, but I’m not quite as good at that yet. I’ve got lots of learning to do.” She actually sounded a bit ashamed of not being as well learned in magical practices as some of the other wizards present were, but Lysander knew that she would have plenty of chances to learn now that she was around other wizards who could teach her all the ropes and tricks.

“Come on, everyone! Show us what you can do!” She tried to make her excitement as obvious as possible.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 animegirl20 animegirl20 CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Ace Cream Ace Cream Japanime Japanime PlusUltra PlusUltra Hanarei Hanarei

Mounds_ on Twitter.pngA suited figure stumbled into the guild hall, looking more than a little out of their element as they hesitantly approached the group further in. "Ah... I'm not late for anything important, am I?" They placed a gloved hand on the back of their neck, sounding sheepish as they spoke.

The newest arrival certainly made for an odd sight. Outside of their bright, multicolored locks of hair, it would be nigh impossible to identify the person behind the mask with how tightly they wrapped themselves under layers of tailored fabric. Not an inch of skin could be seen save for the barest slivers of their neck and wrists—a rich, burnt umber tone should one manage a glimpse—but their face? That was a whole other mystery altogether. Even among the roster of colorful characters that were gathered on that day, the helmeted individual was still exceptionally eye-catching.

Going into an unfamiliar place with a positive attitude was easier said than done, and for Cedar? The only thing stopping them from bolting out the door right that instance was the comforting presence of their helmet. But when you make a great leap you have to commit to it right? That's how you land with grace on solid ground.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Japanime Japanime shadowdude505 shadowdude505 animegirl20 animegirl20 CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Ace Cream Ace Cream PlusUltra PlusUltra Hanarei Hanarei

Millicent Arkham
Taking a deep drink Millicent listens and watches the display of the various members of the newly minted guild, she was more than up for the renovating. If this was going to be her new home for the foreseeable future she might as well make it presentable. Calmly waiting her turn she nods following each presentation and description until those coming forward dies down a little and takes it as her time to give a small presentation.

Stretching slightly she goes to stand up for a moment and rolls her shoulders slightly "Well suppose i should mention mine, the simple version is i can make things big or small, or just have nothing change at all" giving a faint chuckle before removing her coat and swirling it around obscuring herself from view for a moment before she was standing there once more several feet taller and sitting back down with a crossed leg "Makes construction a lot easier, food and drink goes farther and definitely helps on the whole fashion front for the cute stuff made for five-foot washboards"

ExcitementAs a few more wizards walked into the guild hall in the midst of the displays and conversations, Lysander’s excitement only bubbled and grew even greater than it already had been moments ago. Her smile grew wider, if such a thing was possible, and she applauded graciously whenever anyone showed her anything magical in any manner at all. She noted the newcomer with the rather intriguing headpiece / mask thing and Lysander’s eyes grew wide as she inquired, “Are you part bear!? That would be soooo cool!!! Wouldn’t it be?” Eagerness absolutely seeped out of every word she uttered.

Her attention shifted away before the newcomer could answer her question because Millicent was putting her own abilities on display and Lysander wasn’t about to miss that. The young girl’s hands clapped together in rapid applause before a look of confusion flashed into her eyes. “Five-foot washboard? What’s a five-foot washboard?” It was quickly becoming obvious that Lyz hadn’t had much social exposure during her upbringing. Well, she had, but they had all been bookworms interested in completing theses and doing research and the like.

Ignoring Lysander’s question, because he figured someone else would be able to better answer that than he could, Horace turned his gaze to the mages who hadn’t yet explained what kinds of abilities they would be contributing to the guild - these members included Shane, Sybo and Mindy. “Would our last few members care to share? Once everyone’s offered their abilities, we can figure out how to best approach remodeling this new home of ours.” Realizing that there was a newcomer, too, who had yet to share, Horace Goodkin addressed Cedar. “You as well. Welcome to our new guild. It was decided that we’re going to work together to remodel the guild hall, but it helps in planning to know what everyone is capable of. What types of magic do you bring with you?”

Woof, There It Is
werewolf_PNG62.png
Just when it seemed like their meeting was finally heading in the right direction and they were almost to a point of being prepared to tackle their first task as a guild, the world decided that they needed a different kind of test. Of course, nothing in magical guilds ever worked out quite as it was planned so really, they ought to have expected a thorn to drive itself at them.

Clearly, though, problems and danger were the last things on Horace Goodkin’s mind as evidenced by the look of dumbfoundedness and shock when a single loud crash and the raking of claws tore down the back wall of the guild hall - where the door was - and an echoing growl resounded in the open space that remained. Before the collection of new guild members now stood three bipedal wolf-like creatures all of whom stood at a height of at least eight feet tall and all of whom were driven on a path of destruction.

Although he himself knew how to fight in some situations, Horace Goodkin did not find himself prepared at all to do such a thing. “I guess rebuild time is later,” he cowered out the words. “See how well y’all can work together here!” Delegating a fight was a very Horace Goodkin thing to do, after all.

Unknown to the wizards in the guild hall at the time, the three werewolves in front of them were only their first encounter of the magical kind, and through a small portal - similar in many ways to the very portal their guild had been created to address - they were all being watched and studied like lab rats themselves. “Let’s see if they’re truly up for the task at hand, shall we?” Though inaudible to the mages, someone watching studied them, wondering whether they would pass or fail, because all their future plans depended on the result of this single combat.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Hanarei Hanarei CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Ineptitude Ineptitude PlusUltra PlusUltra shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Ace Cream Ace Cream Japanime Japanime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back