IC: El Yermo Perdido

Reina Cuerva

A faint nod from the Espada as the irritating girl fell silent for the time being. Now she'd be able to talk without constant interruptions. Turning back to Chosi it didn't take much to catch on to his change in demeanor. She probably should have expected as much given his apparently timid nature. "I've already told you I don't intend to harm you." She gestured towards Emi, "your friend isn't hurt, just knocked out for a few moments."

Reina reclined in her chair, "All I wanted was to talk. But I think I've done enough questioning for the time being. I'm sure there are more than a few things you want to know." A smile painted the arrancar's lips. "So ask away, I'll answer any three questions you have." Since that was the number of questions she'd asked him, it was only fair he could do the same. But what would he ask? Something about Hueco Mundo? Or perhaps the Espada or just arrancar in general would be of more interest to him.

Of course there was always the chance he'd squander his questions...

Chosi Hisakawa.

So... It came down to a trade of information then... For Emi's sake he best choose his questions wisely. 

Three questions, three answers... 

Of course, she could lie, but...She'd learn to regret it.

He had to be careful and choose his questions carefully, if he didn't it'd squander his opportunity. 

Save the largest question for last. 

"...My first question is, what do you plan on doing with us?" he asked firstly, he felt... stable... in a way. As if he had good back up with him during this situation... He was of course alone, but something within him felt like he could stand up and face this woman without fear. Without fear? Even he could admit this was new for him, why just now can he do so when all the other times he was a whimpering coward? it didn't matter, he had to get the answers to these questions. 

"My second question is, what exactly is an arrancar?" his second question was with slightly more of an edge to it, digging deeper into what the hell he was facing. 

"...Please answer these first." he went silent, awaiting the woman's answer. His eyes gazed at the door between them, with a good kido spell he could very well take it off it's hinges, but he'd have to act quickly and they didn't know where their zanpakuto were, so it would be an uphill battle to escape... they had to get those zanpakuto back. 

Reina Cuerva

A low hum of amusement slipped from the Espada as she leaned back in her seat and listened to the questions. The first two weren't all that surprising. Reina brushed a few strands of her raven hair from her face. "Well I'm not going to kill you if that's what you're worried about. His Majesty would be . . . most displeased if I disobeyed his command." She shrugged, golden eyes focusing back on Chosi. "All I wanted was to learn a bit more about Shinigami, perhaps let you find out a few things about us as well. It's been so long since I last met someone with the potential to surpass myself, so much untapped innate ability."

Reina shook her head slightly as if shaking off that train of thought. "As for Arrancar, we're hollows that have learned to remove our masks and become something more. At first glance we're not all that different from shinigami in terms of appearance." She smiled and leaned forward slightly, "Because you've been so polite I'll give you something extra. We Espada are the ten most powerful Arrancar in service to the king. Not too different from your captains if you think about it."

She leaned back in her chair once more, "Are those answers satisfactory?"

Chosi Hisakawa

"oh! t-thank you... You are very kind..." he seemed to improve with the extra bit off information she gave, his voice a sudden jump of cheer from her surprise kindness. Should she be able to see him, she'd see a little man with a slightly bigger amount of hope then he did before, just abit more, still not much there. he took a moment before he considered asking his final question... "...this... might be a hard question for you.... Or... maybe it wont.. I don't know the rules and such that govern this place.." he spoke softly, as if he were to tell her a deep dark secret." he came as close as he could to the door and asked, hoping beyond hope that she could answer the question he msot direly needed to be answered. 

"...Is there... a way out of this land? out of hueco mundo and back to the living world?" 

Reina Cuerva

"You seem so surprised," Reina chuckled softly, "I said earlier that I wasn't going to hurt you. I am a woman of my word after all." She studied Chosi as he struggled to work up the courage for his last question. What could it have possible been? More information on the Espada perhaps? A question about the king? The Espada leaned closer, making sure she could hear just what the timid shinigami's question was.

"...Is there... a way out of this land? Out of Hueco Mundo and back to the living world?" 

"Hm?" Reina blinked at the question, tilting her head as she leaned back and thought for a moment. "Well, yes, of course there is. How else would hollow wandering the world of the living find their way here? We call it a Garganta, a kind of . . . pathway between worlds. You could enter the world of the living with it, or soul society. Theoretically you could use it to travel to what you shinigami call Dangai, I'm not sure why you would wish to do such a thing." She lightly tapped her chin as silence took over the area for a few moments, "Unfortunately only powerful Arrancar - a hollow- would be capable of opening one for multiple people."

A smile painted her features once more as she leaned close to Chosi and lowered her voice to a near whisper. "But you know what? You're already on the path to being able to open one on your own."

Chosi hisakawa

Chosi stared at the woman for but a moment... normally, should such a attractive woman would get this close he'd blush, cower and hide... not counting Emi. But this woman was saying that he had power? Potential for power? But... Only hollows could open garganta, and he wasn't a hollow at all! it made no sense, why would she say that he would be able to open one on his own? it was a strange thing but... Maybe she thinks that if he stays here long enough he might learn how to? perhaps she somehow learned of his kido abilities? Could spells and incantations be used to open up the way home? He had to be certain. 

"...What... makes you think that?" he asked, looking the woman directly in the eyes for the very first time they had met. "I'm not very much of a shinigami... I don't have much strength... And I don't really..." he began putting himself down once more, truly believing she was simply saying that to pity him. "She sees me hrrn? The fool knows not what lurks in the depths."

"...Umm... I... I don't want to... be enemies... or be mean... But our friends might... Might try and... Look for Emi..." his words were soft, his body shrinking and cowering, hoping his words would not offend. She was powerful, and he was not, that he could easily see without any help. 

Reina Cuerva

Reina quietly sighed, lightly placing a finger under Chosi's chin to raise his gaze back to her own. "What makes me say that? My Pesquisa - my sight - is keener than even the king's. It's easy for me to see someone's full strength and their potential in just a glance." She shrugged before returning to her chair, "Of course whether or not you even to attempt to tap into that hidden power is beyond my control. But taming it is the fastest route to returning to your home."

The Espada glanced over at the unconscious shinigami on the floor behind her. "Mmm, I suppose it won't be long before they begin to look for the two of you. Of course, finding the cautious healer would likely take priority over the reckless fool." She gave a low chuckle as she stood, "It's time for us to part ways. I do hope you consider my offer: take control of the power growing within you and I'll show you how to use it to return to Soul Society." Reina offered a slight bow before taking her leave. A heavy mist crept into the cells as the Arrancar left, lulling the occupants to sleep.

As the pair would come to, they'd find themselves not far from where they'd began their search for a new home. Their zanpakutou lay at their sides and a small package of food rested beside Chosi.

Chosi Hisakawa 

Chosi was silent throughout her words, taming his power, letting it grow, his hidden power. She could see this within him with such ease! This strange woman has spoken highly of him, as if he had such immense potential, even while he himself felt so weak compared to the others? She took them, placed them into cells, asked him questions and now told him he was... Going to become powerful? The fastest route home? 

Was she saying that he was the key? 

He couldn't say much of anything before sleep took him, the gas taking him far from this place, deep into the land of sleep. 

He awoke upon the sands they had been traversing before, Kuraken was nearby, next to a small package that smelled positively delicious. On the other side of him, was Emi, safe and sound... so he hoped. He rose up from the sand, grogginess leaving him as he stretched his limbs out. He felt... Good? Renewed? That was a better word for it, a word he never expected to say out here. He felt like he could actually stand to see what happens tomorrow, to fight for the chance to head home once more. he picked up Kuraken and ignored his immediate flood of words, placing away the bundle before turning to Emi. 

For good measure he began to apply a healing kido, it never hurt to be prepared should she be hurt in some way. "Emi, can you hear me? Were safe again, let's head back to the meeting spot." he used one hand to shake the woman awake, for once a smile breaking across his face, something that had not shown itself in a very long time. 

"It's time to wake up and see to the new day." 

"Indeed it is."

Emi's mind had all but been in a haze. Her eyes had opened, vaguely recalling the sight of the cell briefly before closing again feeling tired passing out so quickly once again before getting a good look around. It was hard for her to tell if it was just some dream. Her own mind all but drifting into a strange dream, the face of Chosi standing out as his calls for help could be heard yet his figure seemed all but still in her mind. She felt a strange sensation in her body... her mind racing. She had to protect him... she had to do what she could to make sure he was safe. The image of Chosi reddened as blood spilled upon him. A strange laugh could be heard, the tone unknown to her though at the same time so familiar. Images of the arrancar appearing before her sparked a swelling feeling of hate, an usual thing for Emi. She wasn't one to hate someone... yet she felt so compelled to. The very scene before her seeming to melt as if an image only growing redder as the laughter in her head grew louder. It was as if insanity had filled the very world in her dream as a sense of panic overcame her.

It's time to wake up and see to the new day.

Emily jolted up, a loud gasp escaping her lips as she breathed heavily. Her eyes glanced forward a look of confusion on her face. Her heavy breath escaped as her heart raced, beating quickly as it slowly started to settle down. Emi's eyes shifted up looking towards Chosi. She suddenly shuffled a bit, jumping upon the rather cheerful Shinigami embracing him tightly quite careleess tackling him to the ground. It was.... rather unusual for Emi, not so much of her embracing and tackling Chosi as the notable worry on her face. She was showing a sense of fear... not for the sake of what she had thought might be her final moments but for the fact she could of lost him.

"Chosiiii thank goodness your alright..." She spoke hugging him tightly. Her eyes focusing on him. "I'm so sorry... I'll make sure no one touches you ever again as best as I can." She spoke witha s weet voice looking at him. Even her voice seemed.... somewhat different. There was something about her overall stature that went above her typical happy and quirky self. As bright as her smile was, it was as if something dark was lurking below the surface, something Emi herself wasn't even aware of. 

@Orikanyo @KageYuuki

Users who are viewing this thread