IC: Arrancar Village

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)

~The Arrancar Village~

An extremely quiet area of the sands, despite oozing reiatu. The area seems to be much brighter than the surrounding sands, light coming from many nooks and crannies. Hollows tend to avoid this place. 

Hidden in a valley below, the village is hidden by Muda, a snakeskin barrier that has the illusion of being a massive fire. Arrancar who know of this place are able to enter by knocking with the phrase 'toc-toc-toc'. Most Arrancar inside are weak, with only a few combat capable, however, by coming together, they have managed to create a thriving community, free of the Espada. The village has 3 leaders or elders.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Asumi Ken~

Asumi panted as she pulled herself up the top of the cliff to a plateau. They'd been at it all day,it was already getting late. The terrain to the west of their camp had been the hardiest, but she'd figured it was also the most likely to have a safe cave or something they could hide in. So far, as with Hueco Mundo, it'd just had hollows, and more rocks. She was glad she'd gone with Takao, though she kept worrying she'd be dragging him down. Because of that, she'd been pushing forward and volunteering whenever possible (likely annoyingly so). 

She already missed their home, and it'd only been two days. She at least knew how to keep herself busy. Out here, she'd had some time to think, and therefore some time to get nervous. To Asumi's disbelief, she still hadn't spotted anything useful. Sighing, she dropped to the ground, clutching her canteen. It was already running low.

"I miss Chosi..."

She called after Takao, while scanning the horizon for any shades that could be a cave.

"Have you had any luck? Sorry I haven't found anything yet. I don't see anything... wait..."

Asumi squinted in the distance. What she saw wasn't a shadow of cave, but a strange glow in the distance.

"What the....Hey, Takao, come look at this."

It was way to large to be a camp fire, but it also seemed like a gentle glow. Kinda like staring in at a the Seireiti from the Rukongai. Then it dawned on her. It looked like a town lit up for the night. 

Asumi's face contorted in confusion. All hollows seemed to be either violent or mindless. Could this be another shinigami stronghold? Afterall, they can't have been the only shinigami to ever end up in Hueco Mundo.

"Should we go scout it out? I can go on and make sure the path is clear."

Asumi was still breathing hard, but she still wanted to go in rushing.

Takao Fujisaki

Tracing the cliff face, Takao examined the area once again. Their task here was to find a new place to lodge at, but truth be told, Takao wasn't convinced of the merit of this exercise. No matter where they went, they would eventually be confronted with the many dangers that lurked in this world once more. Perhaps it would be better if they got used to being nomads of a kind. Their two primary concerns were survival and escaping this barren wasteland. Seeing as they had managed to survive without a base so far, perhaps it was better they adapted to circumstances. But, Takao could not deny he still preferred the idea of having somewhere permanent to rest himself, so he hadn't spoke of the issue. He was, however, in no hurry to find another empty cave for them to squat in. Worst case scenario, it would probably just end up being a tomb for them if they were ever cornered in one. But at least he could enjoy observing the scenery while he was out here. Hueco Mundo was far from pretty, but it was certainly a very different experience from the Soul Society, and at least they weren't being called on to preform duties every few moments. After all this time, Takao had started to find the place not as unpleasant to the eyes has he had first thought.

...stay forever...

Takao thought he heard a voice for a moment. Tuning his ears, he realised Asumi was calling out to him. She appeared to have found something. Takao made his way over to where she was standing as she looked on. There was a great glow in the distance, almost like a great light was emanating from somewhere ahead. Takao could have considered many possibilities that would have had them rush over there, but he couldn't help but be suspicious of this. This was, after all, Hueco Mundo, and it was not a world of peace. For all they knew, it was a huge glowing rock that sucked the energy out of those that passed by. Or perhaps it was an enormous Hollow whose reiatsu radiated just that strongly. Or perhaps it was some new type of creature that was even deadlier and more violent than the rest. Goodness knew they had already encountered two things in this world that were beyond the familiar old Hollows they had grown accustomed to. Although many cautious thoughts raced through his mind, Takao still thought it was best they at least take a look at whatever it was they had found. They would have to exercise utmost caution, however. Asumi volunteered to go scout alone. The poor girl had been volunteering for all kinds of odd jobs since they had left their old base, and Takao imagined she was desperate to make herself useful.

"I think it's best we go together. Our chances are better as a team." On top of this, Takao wagered from Asumi's ragged breath that she really wasn't up to going it alone right now. It was for the best he stay near her in case she tried to bite off more than she could chew. In any event, Takao began to slowly approach the source of the light. Takao was hoping they would be able to get to the point where they could look upon whatever was there from cover and then retreat to a safe distance. But that was to be far more optimistic than Takao was feeling right now.

@Ganryu

~Asumi Ken~

As the two began to approach the light, it started to spread out, and reveal its source in a chasm infront of them, carved between the plateau. Asumi was honestly confused by it, It looked like a town, but maybe she was just going crazy? Yes, you are. Ignoring that voice, she figured she had to be hallucinating, but then, Takao was going towards it. Maybe a hollow? In any case, if something that big was here, they could definitely mark it off their list of places to live. Asumi just wanted a nice cave, or something to live. She might have never really stayed in their last one, always volunteering to patrol, but she felt like she was doing something useful doing that, she could stay mindlessly busy. If they had that, she could let others focus on how to get back.  

And then what? You'd go crazy in the barracks.

Asumi shook her head, not wanting to think about that. The Seireiti was her home, that was it. 

Looking down, Asumi noticed the ground seemed pretty well worn, almost like a path beat out the rock, leading from atop the plateau to the valley below pretty gently, towards the light. Taking the path, Asumi swore she heard something on the wind. Other than the occasional shrieks, and howl of wind, Hueco Mundo was normally scarily silent. 

"This.... looks like a road through the rock. I-I'm really confused right now. Roads.... lights... it looks like a town, but this is Hueco Mundo. Do you think maybe some other soul reapers came here? I mean, we haven't seen an intelligent hollows-"

She stopped, thinking about the strange goliath and the little girl with him. They were both intelligent. She didn't like that thought, and tried not to think about it.

"On second thought, I'm just going to stick with the confused until we figure it out."

Taking the first step down it, Asumi moved slowly down it. Part caution, part exhaustion, stopping completely as she heard a noise, growing in intensity. Her eyebrows arched in confusion. A blur of motion answered her question as much as it startled her, a screaming boy running straight past her and Takao, crying for his life, not even stopping at the two of them, running and diving behind a rock. Asumi didn't even get a chance to see what the boy was, missing the hollow hole and mask crown. Asumi turned questioningly to Takao.

"Did you see that, or am I officially crazy now?" 

A series of footsteps came rushing up the valley before Asumi could know if she was crazy or not. A raptor like hollow came running up the canyon racing after the kid from earlier, skidding to a halt as it saw the two shinigami, growling at them instead. Asumi took another ragged breath.

"Please be crazy."

Takao Fujisaki

Hearing Asumi theorise about the path, Takao couldn't help but remain skeptical. For all they knew, these paths were made by Hollows mindlessly traipsing up and down the mountain. Whatever was giving off this light might attract them. Then again, Takao hadn't seen any Hollows around, so that seemed unlikely. But this was Hueco Mundo, and none of them knew the first thing about what lurked here. The light could even just be a collection of glowing, yet completely innocuous rocks that happened to be on a path well traveled by whatever came through here. If those creatures from before were intelligent, maybe they also had some other reason for passing through the area. 

But all his skepticism was blown out the window when something definitively humanoid barreled through the area, screaming all the way. "If you are, then we're sharing the delusion." Takao told Asumi. Whatever it was, he definitely saw it. But they had little time to process it, as something else was closing in on them. It was almost a relief to see it was just a familiar, monstrous looking Hollow and not some fresh super beast from the deepest pits of Hueco Mundo. As it growled and menaced at them, Takao yelled, "Soar, Tobikomi!" and produced his Shikai. The Hollow began to charge, but Takao quickly launched into the motions of hurling a javelin. His first javelin snagged it in the leg, impeding it's advance. Wasting no time, Takao followed up with a second javelin, striking it squarely in the mask, destroying the creature. "Hoo!" Takao exhaled, relieved that it was such a simple kill. "Right...let's go take a look at....whatever that was, shall we?" He motioned for Asumi to come with him in search of that humanoid blur from earlier. 

"Hell-oh..." He was initially going on the chance that they may have found a purely human soul. However, upon gazing at the figure hiding behind the rock, it was quite clear this thing was a Hollow. Worse, it was a Hollow of the same breed as the little girl that accompanied the hulking male one from before. It was hard to tell with Takao, but he had in fact tensed up. He wasn't sure whether he should try and spear the thing in the throat or start running. Even though logic would say otherwise, Takao couldn't help but associate it with the brutish Hollow man from earlier, and thought the boy might be just as much a threat, having yet to consider it had been fleeing just before...

@Ganryu

~Asumi Ken~

Asumi stood at the defensive, but was glad Takao took care of it. It gave her a moment to finally catch her breath. She was immediately panged with guilt she hadn't helped though. Next time. She would take care of the next hollow. She followed Takao to the rock, peering down at the small figure behind it. At first Asumi thought it was just a kid, which brought up so many more questions. Looking more closely, Asumi immediately brought her hands up. He had a holllow hole, and a mask like a monkey's skull. She was even more confused now. He looked like a small child, but was clearly a hollow. The human-like hollows who had attacked their caves had been crazy strong, was he like them? Asumi drew by Takao, and whispered the question to his ear.

"D-do we kill it? I mean, he looks like one of the hollows in the cave." 

The boy had been running from the weak hollow though.... why would he if he was strong? Maybe weird? She'd met worse soul reapers. That would make him like a soul reaper though.

The boy, who had been terrified up and til that moment, seemed to shoot more inquisitively up, looking curiously at the two soul reapers.

"Where are ya hollow holes? Oh... guess you must be one of those weird Arrancar. Man, ya'll almost ripped ya masks completely off, that's weird. Oh yeah, thanks for saving me! I would have been done for if it wasn't for you. Ma always did say not to play outside the guards area. She's probably gunna freak when I get back. Hey... I know! Why don't you two come to the village! I can at least have me folks cook ya guys a nice dinner or something. They always did say to be nice to other Arrancar. Gots to stay together to stay alive. What'cha say?"

Asumi was dumbfounded for a moment. Arrancar? Masks ripped off? A village of hollows? She might as well cross this off the habitable parts of Hueco Mundo here and now if there was a village full of people like the goliath and tiny girl from earlier. She didn't know what to think though. This boy was clearly weak... and friendly. These arrancar seemed weird.

"What do you say, Takao? I don't know what to think, honestly."

Takao Fujisaki

Of all the things Takao had expected, this was certainly not one of them. This Hollow boy was not hostile, not afraid of them, and all too eager to invite them to its village. A thousand questions were swimming through Takao's mind, and every word that came out of the kid's mouth spawned a thousand more. Not only did this suggest there were more of those humanoid Hollows, but it also seemed they had formed a society not unlike their own. On top of that, apparently it was possible for these Hollows to have kids. They had already seen a child like one before, but it hadn't called the big one it's father. This thing was definitely talking about it's mother like it was the most natural thing in the world. Then there was this word "Arrancar". Did they choose to give themselves a new name to distinguish themselves from the other Hollows? Takao could have sat there and postulated at what this all meant until the end of time, but they had other issues now. This Arrancar creature was inviting them to dinner. As surreal as this experience was, they needed to consider their moves carefully here. Asumi was leaving the decision up to him, so it was all up to his own intuition.

"....very well. We shall join you for dinner...young one." It felt awkward just saying the words. But Takao had come to the conclusion that it was best that they look into this. The boy, at least, was entirely non-threatening. Anticipating Asumi might have questions, he leaned in to whisper to her, "This might be morbid curiosity talking, but I think we should investigate this. Be prepared to run at a moment's notice."  Takao was still more than a little uncertain if he should even be doing this, but this could be a revolutionary discovery. Best case scenario, maybe the other "Arrancar" would be as meek as this little boy. Heck, they might even be friendly. Takao couldn't help but feel that would be extremely wishful thinking, however. Worst case scenario, they were about to walk into a gathering of extremely powerful super Hollows that would immediately recognise them as a threat. He didn't know if having saved this boy would get them any good will or not. Maybe they would decide to kill them anyway, just because they were, after all, the biggest enemy of Hollows ever. If pushed against the wall, Takao considered that they could always try using this boy as a hostage. It seemed like an innocent little child, but it was still a breed of Hollow. They needed to survive here, so Takao wasn't ruling anything out. That said, the need for survival also meant they should avoid making unnecessary enemies if they could help it. Hollows were usually the enemy, but if they could be peaceable like the boy, maybe they wouldn't have to fight.

"So....what's your name?" He asked the Arrancar boy. If they were human-like in every other way, they would surely have names. When he thought about it, Takao recalled that big one from back at their base had a name too. He wracked his brains trying to remember. The little girl had called him Mr. something. Then he remembered, it was Mr. Cut. Yes, definitely Mr. Cut. Remembering Mr. Cut, Takao did so hope they weren't about to meet Mr. Cut again. Mr. Cut would probably remember the fact that Asumi broke his instrument, and he probably wouldn't remember that fondly.

@Ganryu

"Chuy, my friends call me Chuy. Though, if ya really want the full thing, it's Jesus Jimenez Moreno de los Reyes. What'cha names? Oh! Ya should probably tell me on the way. There's lot of hollows already outside the walls, ya can tell me on the way."

The boy started on the way down the canyon, though now he nervously looked around for more hollows. He didn't seem to be able to fight in the least, which in Hueco Mundo was a downright miracle.

As he went down the path, the path became more, and more defined, looking almost like a street. Turning the corner, however, the street seemed to run right into the path of a massive wall of fire, which had lit up the entire canyon to this point. The boy seemed unfazed.

"Village is right up ahead. Don't know if ya ever been to this lil' old place. Most Arrancar don't know about it, we like it that way. That way the Espada don't bother us. Sucks, Ma says they are always fighting over this area."

The boy than ran right up to the fire, and reached his hand up against a cackling tongue of flame. It didn't burn him or even feel hot in the least. The boy then knocked against it like it was a door.

"Toc-toc-toc."

The dancing flame seem to shudder for a minute, then a little section literally ripped open like it was a curtain. Inside it was shown a bricked road, leading into a small little desert town. The portal showed just enough of it, houses of stone, and what looked like humans walking all throughout the streets. Some looked less human than others, but they were all much closer than any other hollow they'd seen so far. All wore masks, and a few with hollow holes. One particular arrancar saw the three at the entrance, and dropped a bag before running off.

The the boy ran into happily to sheets of fire to his village, the entrance disappearing after him, closing again like curtains. It only closed for a minute. Then the curtain reopened, the boy's head poking out.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. This is just muda, it keeps the village hidden. It doesn't hurt, just knock on it and say what I said and it'll open. My house has the pretty blue rocks on the door, Imma go tell my folks to start cookin'. And don't'cha worry, everyone in this village is nice to Arrancars, long as they don't start trouble."

--------------

Asumi nodded, still unsure about what was going on. She trusted Takao though. She wasn't incredibly fast, but if they needed to run, she'd be ready. At this point, she felt like she'd entered another world entirely, a friendly hollow, an...arrancar, and a village of them. If he thought they were arrancars, maybe that was the name for all the human looking hollows? And maybe they were much more human like. But Hueco Mundo seemed merciless up and til now, having human like hollows, human in just about every way, really just seemed to defy everything they'd known about Hueco Mundo up and til this point. And if there were human-like hollows, Arrancar, how did they deal with the dozens of regular savage hollows? Or maybe Arrancar meant something else. Maybe it was like their word for Ryoka, outsiders. Or maybe.... Maybe Asumi's brain hurt. She didn't like thinking at the best of times.

"I think I have a headache thinking about this; it's really weird. I think you're right though, we should go in, we have to at least tell the others about this. If you take point, I'll cover our back if we need to run. He does seem....friendly though."

As the boy started off, Asumi realized she hadn't said her name, and went running off after him.

"I'm Asumi Ken."

Thankfully he stopped every once in a while to turn around, but Asumi was still jogging the entire way. 

Turning the corner, she saw the massive wall of flame. She wanted to say she was sorry to the .... Arrancar? but he didn't seem perturbed. Infact, he walked up to the flame as if it was a normal occurance, then even queerer, he knocked on it like a door. Then it opened up, showing streets inside. Asumi was again too surprised to really process what she was seeing.

"Looks like we are both sharing the same delusion. Wait... he said they are nice to Arrancar.... I don't know what that is, but do ya think he thinks we're hollows?"

Takao Fujisaki

The boy sure did have a name, and a long one at that. At least he had a convenient nickname for them to refer to him as. Takao didn't want to have to spend time remembering how to say Jesus Jimmy Morental while they were hanging around Chuy here. "My name is Takao. Takao Fujisaki." He told the boy as he asked for their names. Otherwise, he spent the trip just listening to the boy talk. He didn't want to volunteer any information, since the only reason they were getting this far was in part due to his ignorance as to what they really were. Clarifying what a Shinigami was would just scare him off, and right now he wanted to find out what this village was all about. It wasn't long until they came across the entrance to the village, and what an entrance it was. At first, it appeared to be a huge wall of flames. Takao was wondering if they had taken a wrong turn, but the boy seemed to know what he was doing. He casually approached the wall and even knocked on it, seemingly vocalising his knocks as he did so. That caused a gap to open in the wall, allowing the boy to pass through. Shortly after doing so, he poked his head back out to explain what the flames were, and how he got through. This was all so very strange. Takao had to take another moment to process this, with Asumi voicing her own confusion as well.

"Yes, I would wager that's precisely how we got this far, Asumi." He told her. "I don't know why he thinks so, but it's probably for the best." Approaching the wall, Takao mustered his courage and knocked on it, saying "Toc-toc-toc" just as Chuy did. As an opening appeared, he turned to Asumi and said, "We'll just have to take the plunge. At least we know how to get in and out..." He passed through the opening and into the village that lay beyond. At this point, it wasn't really so much of a surprise to see a community here. This was exactly what they had been told was here, and now they were just confirming it. It was still disconcerting, of course, for Takao to find himself standing in the midst of a variety of humanoid Hollows. It wasn't long after passing through the wall that the ones gathered around the entrance noticed the two of them. An awkward silence gripped the area, as though nobody knew quite what to do.

"Er...greetings." Takao said, hoping that perhaps the entire village was ignorant as to what they were. But the fact that the lot of them scattered upon his speaking made it clear these ones knew quite well as to their true nature. "Well...at least they didn't attack us." Takao said to Asumi. They might not be ignorant like Chuy, nor by any means fans of Shinigami, but their fear was better than their hostility. Still, this made it hard to decide what to do next. Should they stay, and try to reason with them? Or leave, and contact the others? Takao was hesitant, but he felt they should do their best to learn what was going on here.

"Alright, let's go find Ch-" He was going to suggest finding the boy from earlier, but at that moment, a new Arrancar arrived on the scene. Landing before them, a great, hulking, bull-like Hollow appeared. "Stop right there!" It called out, with a great booming voice. "I am Gustavo Fanfarron el Campeador! I am this village's greatest warrior! You profane this hamlet's streets with your presence, vile murderers!"

Believing it best not to fight here, Takao resolved to try to reason with this Hollow man. "Um, I know we're probably not quite welcome here, but we mean you no harm. Perhaps we could-"

"Silence!" The man called out, once again filling the empty air with his voice. "I will hear no lies from your putrid lips! I shall destroy your wretched souls here and now!" Gustavo followed up on this by unleashing a barrage of energy blasts in a punching motion at the two of them. Takao dodged to the right, and realising he still had Tobikomi active, hurled a javelin in retaliation. The Arrancar dodged, and Takao readied another attack. But before he could toss another, Gustavo cried out, "No, wait! I don't want to die!" He then promptly turned tail and fled, bawling like a newborn babe the entire way.

Takao could barely believe the scene that had unfolded before them. These creatures were proving more and more pathetic by the moment. "Well, uh, I guess there might not be any real threat here....I hope." Takao spoke aloud. He was still concerned that they would find out there was a real threat here somewhere, but so far the evidence spoke otherwise. "Perhaps we should go find that boy now? He might be able to help us convince these creatures we don't mean them harm." Of course, Takao couldn't say they would never mean them harm. They were, after all, Hollows, but they needed to be pragmatic, and if they could make peace with this village, it could have benefits in the future. On the other hand, he wouldn't blame Asumi if she rathered they just left now. He was half tempted to do so himself.

@Ganryu

Asumi would like to say her day got even weirder, but at this point, it seemed pretty normal. Looking around, her shock turned to deja vu. The small little village reminded her of the rukongai, before she floundered as a Shinigami, before she was stuck fighting everyday in Hueco Mundo. Those halcyon days were so...

Feels like home, doesn't it?

Closing her eyes, Asumi could almost feel it. Her daydream was broken by an Arrancar yelling. By the time she realized she was completely off guard, shells of energy were being fired at her. Panicking, Asumi braced herself. Planting her feet into the ground, she made a wave like motion with her hands, slamming her fist into it waiting for an impact to rock her body, an initial bubble popping as it neared.  She was still waiting several moments later. Blinking she looked at her hand. It was fine. Was- was that it? Takao effortless chased away the Arrancar who ran away bawling.

She didn't want to admit it, but she felt disappointed. Fighting was suppose to be intense, she was suppose to be on the edge every second. This wasn't anything near it. Then guilt hit. Did she enjoy fighting? 

That bala was pathetic! We deserve to crush better.

Asumi looked around for the voice, but as always, that particular voice never seemed to have an owner. What was a bala? Thankfully Takao turned to her, allowing her to be away from her thoughts.

"Y-yeah. I don't think this place is as homely as it looks for us, let's go inside"

Glancing at an Arrancar staring at them from behind a pole, she shook her head.

"It looks like they are afraid of us. I don't want to drive them to desperation. I-I almost pity some of them. That one guy would have been dead by the end of the day outside this village. Must be nice. Besides, SOMEONE has to be strong here, protecting the weak ones, they do have a barrier. Can hollows do kido?"

She then eyed a collection of shining blue stone that lined an entrance to a door. It had to be the house Chuy had been talking about.

"I think I've found Chuy's house?"

Asumi walked to the door, and knocked on it.

"Toc-Toc-Toc?"

Maybe that was a password to everything?

----------------------------------

The door was opened by a rather portly arrancar with the mask of a pig. She had the waist of one as well. She was a woman as broad as she was tall. She was beaming at them, her eyes horizontal slits. Her voice was extremely high and clear, reverbing every syllable she spoke.

"Oh, you must be the friend Chuy talked so very highly about. Thank you so much for saving our boy. I don't want to think what would happen if you hadn't been there. I certainly hope he starts listening about where he plays now. What were you doing outside la Muda, anyways?"

The massive woman eyes opened slightly as she looked down at her two guests. Her face could paint 1,000 words, most of them about fear and shock.

"Sh- sh- shinigami!?"

A scream that could (and did) shatter glass flooded the area.

The woman fainted, falling backwards. A long, inhumanely slender pair of arms caught her, or at least struggled to push her upright. The voice talked soothingly (if strained) to her.

"Concepcion, what's wrong? There's no shinigami here, mi amor, we're in Hueco Mundo, not the human world."

A very thin woman looked around her vast companion, to see the two shinigami standing there, and gasped.

"Santa Maria...."

She fainted as well, the large woman falling atop her with a thud.

It was then Chuy came out from a room in back, chewing on some sort of snack.

"Ma, ya alright? Hey, it's Takao, Asumi! They're the ones who helped me out... Ma? Either Ma?"

The fat one got up first, grunting as she did. The other one was slower, also recovering from being crushed.

"Y-you're sure they save you?"

"Yeah? What'cha looking so scared for? You promised you'd make dinner for them for me."

Concepcion turned, trembling, to the two shinigami.

"I-is it true, you helped out Chuy here? Y-you're not here to kill us all, and scatter our bones across the desert sands? Are you part of an invasion force?"

Takao Fujisaki

Takao had been bracing himself as to what to expect when they reached Chuy's house. Worst case scenario, his "parents" would make it clear what they really were, and then they wouldn't have a single friendly soul in the village. When they finally arrived and knocked on the door, Takao was first optimistic; it seemed the one that answered did not realise what they were either. But that appeared to be a simple brief lack of perception on their part, as they eventually noticed they were Shinigami and started screaming, and even fainted. Another Hollow appeared, attracted by the noise, only to see the two of them and freak out in the same fashion as the first. The scene was almost comical, though Takao was not in any mood to laugh at it all. One fact that caught his attention was that both of these Hollows appeared to be female. Either Hollows didn't care much about gender, or they had a progressive society building down here. Takao had a feeling more than a few back in the Soul Society would find such a pair abhorrent were they Shinigami.

Eventually, Chuy arrived on the scene. It seemed he at least was still completely oblivious to the reality of the situation. Fortunately, he did exactly what Takao wanted, and reinforced the fact that they had in fact saved the "life" of one of this village's number. While the two of them were still frightened out of their wits, it seemed they were willing to stop and speak with them rather than flee for the hills. Now they had their opportunity to start up a dialogue here. "No, we are not here to invade, and yes, we happened to help young Chuy there outside the village. If you'll bear with me, I'll explain; we have long since been separated from our homeland..." He was being intentionally vague here. The adult looking ones would hopefully understand what he meant regardless, but he still wanted to avoid alienating Chuy. The last thing they needed was for him to suddenly realise they were something else and freak out like the others. "...and we are currently stranded with no way back. Our only desire right now is to survive and live in peace. We stumbled upon Chuy and this place by pure accident, but we would prefer to coexist rather than come to blows." Of course, he only half meant what he said. Takao was no zealot, but he was still a Shinigami, and making nice with Hollow-derived creatures was just plain bizarre. But right now they couldn't afford to blindly pursue the objectives of the Soul Society. It would be far more advantageous for them to not have to worry about this community, or perhaps even form a temporary friendship. Takao wasn't sure how far he would get with this, but he had to try. 

"Perhaps you would be willing to assist us? As you might guess, nobody else has been willing to hear us out." Worse, they had already technically fought with someone. Takao could only hope that cowardly Arrancar wasn't going to be a source of bad blood in this village. "If nothing else, we would like to be directed to whomever may be in charge of this community." Takao didn't even know if there was any form of leadership here. They could be some form of anarchic commune, like one of those weird communities he had heard of that existed in the living world. Takao just hoped they might get somewhere with these two.

@Ganryu

Asumi meekly blinked as she got to the house. This was an experience she'd never had. She'd never been feared before, and she wasn't quite sure how she felt about it. There had to be stronger warriors here than her, but the sheer fact she was a shinigami apparently gave her a type of infamy. Then again, remembering the earlier Arrancar near(she hoped) wetting himself, maybe not. Was that how must of the human like Arrancar viewed them? Every shinigami's duty was to eliminate hollows, it only made sense. Then again, maybe there was some trap? To lure them into some false sense of security. She'd never met a friendly hollow before.

Chuy's Mother opened the door. At first she was completely fine, but as she looked at them, she near had a heart attack. Some other woman stopped her from falling too bad, but Asumi winced at the sight. The spindly one trying to pick up the.... not spindly one looked painful. Who was the other one? A family friend perhaps? 

Chuy thankfully reappeared, munching on food as he came. Takao had enough sense of mind to use that as the best time to talk to them. Asumi decided to chime in.

"Yeah, Hueco Mundo is brutal. I'm almost envious how peaceful it is here. It's just like my home in the Rukon..." She eyed Takao, realizing he'd not used any specific words from where they are from. She didn't want to blow it. "I mean, I grew up in a place just like this village. We really don't want any trouble here. I wouldn't want to see my home harmed any. Can we talk to your leader, and work out some sort of deal."

She was surprised by Takao's desire for peace, but could see it. Asumi's biggest problem other than her survivors guilt was she was still fairly green and naive.

---------------------------------------

By the point, the spindly woman managed to crawl up from the floor. She gently grabbed Chuy, and held him to be able scuttle away at a moments notice. Her mask came down like a set of fangs on either side, and with her arms, she looked very spider-like.

The pig one looked extremely confused about what to do. She felt nearly as out of place as the shinigami. She shook her head, trying to make heads or tails out the situation. She finally spoke in her extremely shrill voice.

"We have three leaders here. The main one, the elder, is running errands, which leaves Maria here in charge of the village. I believe you met Gustavo, he's 3rd." 

Maria gulped, letting go of Chuy as she walked forward. She glared at Concepcion, the pig woman.

"I suppose that leaves me in charge. I-I'll hear you out. You did save Chuy, you can't be all bad. I-I know I'm in no position to make demands, but I have two conditions. Allow me to feel your Reiatsu, I need to see if you speak the truth about not invading. I also would like to hear how you ended up in Hueco Mundo. A-Are those conditions acceptable, chulos?"

Chuy was still by far the most nonchalant of the group, popping what seemed to be chips into his mouth still. They, however, smelled like burnt lizard. Exactly what they were too, lizard rinds.

"They probably walked like everyone else. Cracked open a Garganta, all hollows are drawn to it, ma. How I dun got here."

Takao Fujisaki

Finally they were getting somewhere. While they clearly still had their suspicions, they were at least willing to give them the time of day. Interestingly enough, it turned out that they had one of the village's leaders on hand at this very moment. It was such a strange turn of fate that they ended up saving the child of someone important. It was curious that they had picked such a seemingly meek creature to serve as one of their leaders, however. If they really had come here to slaughter them all, it didn't seem like these cowering Hollows would be capable of standing up to them. It was equally surprising to find out that their third leader was none other than that exceptionally wimpy one they had encountered back at the entrance. Why they would choose a cowardly braggart like that Campy Door guy to lead them under any circumstances was beyond Takao. He was really starting to wonder what on earth was going on with this village. It was also somewhat troubling to learn that the real leader wasn't even here. For all they knew, they might come back and overturn any inroads they made with the people here. Takao could hardly sit here guessing all day at what might come of that, however.

In exchange for hearing them out, the spindly Arrancar had two requests; to let her "feel" their reiatsu, and to hear the whole story of how they got here. Takao wasn't aware of any techniques that let someone discern the truth from one's reiatsu, but they were among a strange assortment of creatures to begin with; such things had to be within the realm of possibility. "Very well, you can...do what you need to." Takao told her. He didn't know what exactly was involved, but it sounded fairly harmless. He only hoped that, if she was about to see into his exact motives for this proposal of peace, they weren't about to pick over his reasons too much. The truth was that this was a purely pragmatic arrangement, and he felt no great love for these creatures, nor was he fully inclined to trust them. But it was all too apparent that the feeling was mutual, so he hoped that they would recognise that if she gathered his inner thoughts from his reiatsu. Not to mention nobody stood to gain from forcing a fight, and Takao was definitely sincere in wishing to avoid one.

"As for our story, it all started over a year ago when a great horde of Hollows invaded our home." He was still using the vague language here, as he still wasn't sure if they should shatter Chuy's illusions so casually. The boy was just sitting there completely confused as to why they would need to ask where they came from. He wondered if his parents had ever even explained what the Soul Society and Shinigami were. "We drove them out, but in the midst of our pursuit, we got caught in those tunnels they used to escape. Before we knew it, we were stuck here. That's really all there is to it, as far as we know." Naturally, nobody in their group yet knew why there was such a Hollow attack. Takao wondered if they would ever find out what happened. Although, when he thought of large scale Hollow attacks, a thought occurred to him that he felt he needed to address.

"By the way, is there anyone called "Mr. Cut" in this village? Big guy, kind of like that Gustavo fellow, except he's wearing a weird skirt and carries an odd instrument around, like a bag with pipes in it. Exceptionally foul mouthed, too." There was no way a colorful character like that would go unnoticed here, even if he did have competition for the most obnoxious Arrancar ever. Additionally, he was far stronger than anyone they had encountered yet, so he would surely be a prominent member of a community like this. Takao considered that maybe he was their absent "Elder", which would be disastrous; the last thing they needed was a blatantly hostile leader to make sure they weren't welcome here. If that really was the case, it might be better for them to just leave now. He doubted they could either take him in a fight, nor reason with the guy.

@Ganryu

Maria nodded her head as she listened.

"So, chulos, you were simply stuck in a Garganta? S-still, forgive us if that's rather hard to believe, I don't know of any other Shinigami's making it hear, let alone being allowed to live by the Espada. Especially seeing as the Garganta have been extremely hard to open for the last 5 years. It's only recently I've even been able to reopen them. It's been a while since I've visited the human world."

Then Takao mentioned Mr. Cut. Maria staggered back like she'd just been hit.

"H-How do you know that name? No, most certainly not, La Espada Sexta does not know of this village, and if we're lucky, Mr. Cut never will! We live in the territory between Espada #6 and #7, but if either ever found out about the village, they'd try and draft us... if we're lucky. More than like, he'd sic his hounds on us. Whatever you do, if you are seeking out the Espada, do not tell him about here! Those ten may rule Hueco Mundo, but we don't want any part of them. I could tell you where he is, but that's as far as anyone in the village could manage."

She recovered slightly, still noticable tense. Not only were there shinigami, they seemed to be looking for the Espada.

"Well, I did promise to verify your story, allow me. Just a tap is all I need."

She walked to Takao, a long spindly finger tapping his sternum. Reiryoku seeped out of it, forming into a ball shape. Maria closed her eyes, concentrating. A spider web started to form on the ground, at the center of her feet, spreading out in the house, and seemingly through the walls.

"Pesquisa: Telaraña"  (Radar: Spiderweb)

Her concentration seemed tracelike, and she finally opened her eyes, glowing with Reiatsu. She placed the ball of Takao's reiryoku into the center of the web. Two thick lines formed pointing towards Asumi and Takao, turning to colored dots under them, various shades of purple. Maria's face suddenly relaxed, and she let out a deep breath she had been holding in, and she muttered to herself.

"That's a relief, both are about as strong as me individually, and together about as strong as the elder. Far above Gustavo though. Sin embargo(however), he's incharge of village resources, not fighting. "

The rest of the web started to spread out, and some of the lines started thickening with dots. Two thick ones formed, pointing north of here. A few seconds later, three more in the east. Maria still waited, until a few more had passed, and no more lines changed shape. She turned to face Takao and Asumi.

"I believe your story check out. Several reiatsu's similar to yours in Hueco Mundo, of about the same strength. Far too few to be an invasion, especially with how difficult the Gargantas are to open as of late."

The web then moved again, zooming out to the default. Maria's eyebrows furrowed as she furthered studied it, as if she was noting something.

"Apologies chulos, but... what exactly are you? Your clothes are that of shinigami, your Reiatsu is similar, but it's so... hollow like. It's not like any Shinigami's I've ever felt. Especially yours, chula. It feels more like a hollow's than a shinigami's. It's been a while since I've used this in the human world, but as I recall, shinigami appear blue on this web. Are you Arrancar in a shinigami's clothes?"

She shook her head.

"In any case, I shall do you a favor. If you promise not to tell the Espada about us, as you seem interested in dealing with them, I will point them out as well."

She gathered her own reiryoku on the map. Thousands of lines started to form. She concentrated on it, thinning it to 10, scattered fairly evenly throughout it, pointing to red dots. One, however, was odd. One red dot appeared over two purples in the North.

"What is it you have to do with the Espada? Perhaps I can help further? A-anything to have you not tell them about this village."

Her fear had just shifted from the shinigami to perhaps who their masters were. Paranoia was a powerful thing.

------------------------------

Asumi nervously watched as the reiryoku was taken from Takao. She prayed it wasn't a poison or anything of the sort, but he seemed fine. Her eyes watched the woman Arrancar's every movement, still ready to defend Takao and dash. She wished she'd volunteered her Reiryoku instead.

Her face registered amazement as the map was created on the ground. It was just like kido. Now that she thought about it, the flaming barrier was like kido as well, it registered how they had survived so long in Hueco Mundo. These hollows couldn't fight, but they could do all manner of trickery. To Asumi, it, as well as kido, might as well have been magic, she never got any of it. Maybe she should have asked Ryuuko to train her in it when she lost her Zanpakuto instead of relying on Hakudo. No, that couldn't be right, Ryuuko had her own responsibilities, and Asumi as well. Still, it might have been promising. Her awe turned to confusion as the woman arrancar studied the spider web more.

"Apologies chulos, but... what exactly are you? Your clothes are that of shinigami, your Reiatsu is similar, but it's so... hollow like. It's not like any Shinigami's I've ever felt. Especially yours, chula. It feels more like a hollow's than a shinigami's. Are you Arrancar in a shinigami's clothes?"

"I don't think I'm an Arrancar. What exactly is that? I'm a shinigami. What do you mean I have hollow-like Reiatsu? I mean, d-does Hueco Mundo do that the shinigami?"

She looked at the web again, wondering how she sensed that. Looking at her own 'dot', she saw it was reddish purple. Most of the Lost's were various shades of purple, more on the blue side.

"Maybe just being in Hueco Mundo tints the map? I don't know alot about kido, or... what did you call this? Pequiño?"

A bigger worry however appeared as the Arrancar woman opened the map further, to what she called Espada, like Mr. Cut. One appeared atop of two others. Asumi looked at Takao, pointing at it. 

"Do you think....?"

It had to be Emi and Chosi. The only problem was, even if they had been going slowly, it'd taken Asumi and Takao a while to reach this village. Emi was in the other group, she wouldn't have been going slowly. They probably were on the other side of the world at this point.

Takao Fujisaki

Although the question of Mr. Cut had clearly shaken Maria, Takao was quite pleased to see it. This confirmed for them that this village of Arrancars, no matter how similar they were to Cut, were not in any way affiliated with him. That meant there was less chance that their makeshift peace with this village was in danger, though they still had yet to confirm exactly who this "elder" was and whether they would be comfortable with Shinigami in their village. The one weird thing from the Hollow woman's reaction was that she seemed to assume that they would be in any position to tell Mr. Cut and his ilk of their village. Whether they wanted to or not, it would be ridiculous for them to be on speaking terms with him. Even without the incident at their old base in mind, it should be obvious that a pack of Shinigami would be no friends of a Hollow based creature. It had ultimately taken a chance encounter with a random boy to give them the opportunity to converse with anybody in this village, so the thought they would be chummy with a brute like Cut was ridiculous. Perhaps she was just reacting out of fear.

Another point of interest that occurred to Takao was that she mentioned the notion of opening tunnels like the ones used to bring the Hollows to the Soul Society and them to Hueco Mundo. While it was perhaps one of the most crucial ideas they had learned today, Takao chose not to pursue it with them. As much as Takao wanted to immediately ask for passage back to the Soul Society, he knew it would be foolhardy to ask. These were Hollow based creatures they were dealing with, and they had made their fear of Shinigami well known. Asking them to open a gate to the Soul Society would only make them fear they would reveal their existence to their greatest, or perhaps second greatest enemy. Worst case scenario, this fragile relationship they were building would crumble on the spot, and they would be back to square one. Takao was going to leave the topic on the floor here, but he was definitely going to speak of this with the others when the time was right. They just learned their was a way back home, and he was definitely going to investigate it to the best of his ability.

Finally, Maria got around to doing what she had requested to do as one of her conditions for helping them. Whatever she did, it didn't seem to have any adverse side effects. It appeared to be a form of sensory technique, like some kind of Kido. Aside from the alien source of the technique, Takao had a rudimentary understanding of Kido at best, so he had no insight into what was going on here. Regardless, it seemed Maria was not displeased with the results of her ability. It seemed they had once and for all convinced her of their trustworthiness. Now all they had to do was find the best way to use whatever they could get from these Arrancar. But before they could consider anything like that, she made some bizarre inquiry about their true nature. She seemed to be under the impression that they were in fact more Hollow than they ought to be. Asumi responded quickly, seemingly dismissing the idea. But as Maria had pointed out, it seemed that she had been changed more than him or the others. Now that it was being brought up, Takao did recall that Asumi acted awfully impulsively when they had confronted Mr. Cut. Perhaps there was some truth to this idea after all. Takao would just have to push it out of mind for now.

They moved on to discussing this "Espada" again. Apparently, this was some form of organisation that Mr. Cut belonged to. Maria still seemed to think they might intend to tell them about this village. "Uh, yes, I think you've greatly misunderstood our relationship with them. That "Mr. Cut" guy attacked us some time ago, and that's the extent of our relationship with them. I only brought him up because I wanted to make sure he wasn't one of your people. Believe me, we won't be sitting down to discuss anything with these "Espada" people anytime soon. Don't really want to find them either, but I think we could benefit from knowing where they are so we can avoid them..."

It was here that Asumi pointed out a disturbing possibility on the "map". Two dots that were suggested to be like them, all too close to one suggested to be an Espada? That meant their people were in trouble. Takao cursed their luck; of course they would end up encountering more of these types, and now they were all split up and far apart. "Excuse me, ma'am, but what can you tell us about this one here?" He pointed Maria to the same spot Asumi was pointed out. She seemed vaguely familiar with these Espada, and had even suggested they had specific territories. Perhaps she would be able to identify which one it was from the map, and perhaps she would know something that could help them. There was no way they would reach them in time to do anything meaningful, and they weren't likely to be of much help alone. But at the very least, they could gather as much information as they could and see if they couldn't work out a plan with the others when they regrouped.

@Ganryu

By this point, Chuy had gotten bored and dragged Concepcion off, though she was more than a little reluctant to leave Maria alone, Chuy was tugging hard enough, the massive woman was practically dragged into the other room. A fire could hear starting. Maria, however, listened intently. At this point, the fear in her face was replaced by surprise.

"He attacked you, and you're alive?" Her surprise only deepened as she thought, pondering aloud. "Shinigami, here in our village. Or at least, they say they are shinigami. Despite the tales, they're only as strong as myself, and to top it off all, they feel like Arrancars. Chulos, you live some odd lives. Hmm. I don't see much harm in it if you are avoiding them. I'd actually prefer that. The enemy of my enemy, afterall. Infact... Let's see. What do I know about the map?"

Maria studied the map for the moment, trying to figure it out. It was starting to take a toll, being a large map.

"I can only give my best guess. This is El Yermo Perdido, #10's territory, Cerebus Tiresias. He's a rather vicious Espada, trying to raise his rank through violence. There's a reason that wilderness is white and full of bones. I don't think your friends would still be alive around him. Not unless they are significantly stronger than yourselves. At the very least I'd be able to sense the three in combat, but they aren't. Hmmm. I suppose it could be #7's, Reina Cuerva. She's a bit of a vagabond. Out of all the Espada, her and #5 are the most reasonable. That's the chisme(gossip), anyways. It's either her, or the King himself. No, it's probably Septima. If you aren't looking for trouble, she'd likely gone out of a sense of curiosity. I must admit, I'm still curious myself.

As far as where each Espada is, they cover Hueco Mundo. You'll have to deal with them one way or another."

The technique collapsed, and Maria turned to a pitcher, pouring herself a glass of water. She was visibly sweating.

" If you want an actual physical map, the Village Elder has one.  It has all the Espadas' castles marked. He's west of the village gathering food. I doubt he'd be too happy about your...race, but tell him I sent you, and you feel like hollows.....Hmm. Actually, two shinigami, approaching him wouldn't go to well. You two don't feel like shinigami though. Hmm. What about a shinigami and an arrancar? Chula, would you come with me?"

------------------------------------------

Asumi was still a little bit stunned about being told she felt like a hollow, and Maria's constant mentioned of it, without responding to the 'tinting', worried her more. There had to be something to it. Somehow, the thought of going crazy was more comfortable than the fact she had the reiatsu of a monster. She was glad when Maria's web finally collapsed, just so she could be stop being being reminded of the fact. She could only stare at her own hands. They didn't look like a hollows. Then again, neither did anyone's here.

Asumi wanted to get out of Hueco Mundo as soon as possible. She'd mildly hoped before, but now she was desperate for it. It was doing something to her, and that scared her. Her trance was broken by Maria's beaconing. What did Chula mean anyways? Asumi hesitated, looking at Takao for reassurance, before being dragged into a back room. Maria quickly went to some dressers, pulling out a few white clothes, holding one on a hanger, while smiling at Asumi.  

cos0361-1.jpg

------------------------------

After a moment of the sound of cloths shuffling, Asumi walked back out by herself. She was dressed like Maria, looking very much like an Arrancar. It only made her feel worse about feeling like a hollow to others. Now she looked like one. Her face was nearly as red as her hair. Maria was a little too helpful with the clothing. She was still in the backroom, cleaning up. It left Asumi and Takao in the room by themselves.

"Guess I look like a hollow too now... Why the 180 on helping us? She realized we weren't with the Espada, and suddenly, well, this."

Asumi motioned to her new clothing. 

"What do we do? I'm worried about Chosi and Emi. At least the other three seem to be having a better time. Do we need the map that badly? I'm a little afraid. We hadn't heard of the Espada for a year, then after one finds us, another finds Chosi and Emi less than a week later." 

Takao Fujisaki

They certainly learned something, although Takao didn't think what they learned would really be of much use. He supposed it might have been too much to hope for that they might know some great weakness these Espada possessed, but then again, it was a wonder they knew anything about them at all when they were all cooped up in this isolated village. They must have some measure of gathering intelligence about the workings of these Espada. But now wasn't the time to be probing into their methods, and chances were they might not be up for discussion anyway. More importantly, after releasing her technique, Maria broached the possibility of them acquiring a map of their castles. However, she explained it was in the possession of their absent Elder. Takao had been hoping they might not have to deal with them directly, but if they wanted this map, it seemed to be an inevitability. Then Maria suggested something about them going to this Elder as a "Shinigami and an Arrancar". Takao initially thought they might be sending someone with them, but then she started pulling Asumi off somewhere. Takao opened his mouth to question what was going on, but it seemed Maria was intent on going ahead with whatever she had planned.

It didn't take long for Asumi to return, however. It was plainly obvious that the plan was for at least one of them to pose as an actual Arrancar. At first, Takao's instinct was to dismiss such a plan, but Maria had been insistent that the two of them seemed almost Hollow-like themselves. Maybe that was precisely what would let them pass as Arrancars. Asumi began to question what they should be doing here. As much as Takao understood her concerns, he knew they had to see this line of action through to the end.

"I understand you would rather rush to their aid, but we couldn't possibly arrive in time to help them. We separated some time ago now, and we all went in different directions. We're just going to have to hope that Maria was right about them not being under attack. Maybe this "reasonable" Espada creature doesn't mean to kill them." It was weird to think that a Hollow could be reasonable, but they had just finished conversing with one such Hollow-like creature. It had to be possible. "I believe what we need to do is get this map, then regroup with the others and form a plan of action. We can't do anything for them alone. With luck, they might be safe long enough for us to rescue them. If not..." He chose not to finish his sentence. Asumi could probably imagine what would happen eventually. It was all they could do to hope they weren't just about to be devoured.

Moving towards the backroom, Takao called out, "Uh, Maria? We're, you know, leaving now, so...bye. Uh...give my regards to Chuy...yeah." He sounded rather awkward here. When they were talking business, it was all about getting what they wanted. But now here he was, saying goodbye to some kind of Hollow. It was a weird thing to be doing, and yet, he didn't feel right to leave without saying some kind of goodbye. "Let's just go." He said quietly to Asumi. It would be awkward if they stayed any longer.

Exiting back onto the streets, there was nothing for them to do but exit the village head west in search of this Elder. "I suppose this would be easier if I looked like an Arrancar too, wouldn't it?" Takao mused aloud. "I guess it's not like anyone's handy to give me some male clothes though-"

"Stop right there!"

A familiar booming voice rang out through the streets. A hulking mass barred their way forward. It was none other than Gustavo Fanfarron el Campeador. This time, he seemed to be carrying an enormous axe, with an arrogant glint in his eyes, as though he hadn't ran like a yellow bellied chicken only shortly earlier. "You thought you were clever, taking refuge where the el Campeador couldn't find you, hmm? Well now your fate is sealed; for with this axe, I will cleave both in two with but one blow!" He started whirling the axe around in his hands in a theatrical fashion. "Scared? If you surrender now, I will consider sparing your lives, and putting you to work as my-"

At this moment, Takao dashed forward and struck the hand Gustavo was currently holding the axe in with Tobikomi. Gustavo released the axe in pain and shock, causing it to whirl off and find itself lodged in the wall of a nearby house. "EEEK! No, please, I'm sorry Mr. Shinigami!" Gustavo bleated out, all his bravado evaporating the same as before. "I was just trying to look cool! Please, I'll do anything you ask, just don't kill me!"

At first, Takao was just going to dismiss him and keep going. Then a thought struck him. "Give me some Arrancar clothes." He said flatly.

"H-huh?"

"Arrancar clothes. Like the ones she's wearing..." He pointed at Asumi. "...but for men."

"Oh, of course sir, of course!" Gustavo replied, having taken on a fawning, boot-licking demeanor. "I can get you some! I'm not the village resource chief for nothing!" He then sprinted off somewhere. It seemed that if there was one thing he was good at, it was running away. He quickly returned, presenting Takao with a set of clothes. "Clothes fit for a king! I'm sure sir will find them to his liking!" The moment Takao took the clothes, Gustavo then dashed away, probably looking for somewhere to hide. Shaking his head, Takao turned back to Asumi. "I'll just take a short moment to get changed, alright?" He told her before making use of an extremely convenient alleyway between two houses with a few crates to take cover behind. He emerged seeming not entirely pleased with his new outfit. "It seems he neglected to give me a shirt. Or perhaps that's just how Hollow fashion works. Oh well, let's just get going." The last thing they needed was to waste more time trying to find a shirt for him. Hopefully these disguises wouldn't prove to be a complete waste. Now all that was left for them was to try and find this Elder and get the map from him.

@Ganryu

Asumi faced turned heavy as Takao spoke about Chosi and Emi. She knew he was right, but she couldn't help thinking of the 'but'. 'But, what if they are killed?'. 'But, what if could have just made it there in time if we hurried?' In the end, she knew he was right. There was nothing she could do. Her skills with Shunpo were fairly poor, and her kido nonexistant. She couldn't reach them, or contact them if she wanted to. They had to be a few days away, a battle would end in a second. They had to just trust what Maria had said. Afterall, Maria had been friendly. So had the rest of their house. Asumi let the sentiment go with a long sigh.

"You're right. There's nothing we can do for them anyways, so might as well do what we can for the rest of the group. That map would sure be handy. Maybe it'll have on it some caves or something away from a castle, so we can focus on getting back the Seireiti in peace."

Asumi simply waved as Takao gave the farewell to Maria. Her mind was preoccupied. This is why she hated not doing physical labor. It gave her time to be worried. Takao mentioned it being easier if he was in Arrancar clothing as well. It seemed she was the only one who hated the idea. Then again, she was just told she was much more hollowlike than everyone else, it was more she hated that thought than anything else. Being interrupted was welcome as Gustavo reappeared, threatening to cleave them both in half. He was swinging his ax like an amateur. Asumi was confident even she could take him. She smiled, and cracked her knuckles, walking forward. Looks like she'd found her physical labor. Fortunately for him, Takao dispatched him in the time it took her to blink. Even Asumi had to find him pathetic. Chosi likely could bully him if he was inclined.

His ax went flying off into a nearby building, settling just a few inches in it. Morbid curiosity overtook Asumi as its owner begged for his life. Reaching over to the ax, she pulled it out.

"This thing's.... really soft."

Running her finger across the blade, her eyebrow raised in surprise. Testing the thought out on impulse, she smashed it into her palm, not even leaving a bruise. Infact, the ax was the one to crack.

"What the- it's not even sharp?"

Asumi figured it was time to go, but as she turned, Takao seemed to have found a solution his earlier problem, demanding clothing similar to her's. Being a model made her cheeks flush for a second; she hated these clothes. Gustavo was gone and back again in a flash, clothes in turn. Takao took the clothes to change. He was quick. Gustavo was quicker. He was gone before Takao had even turned to find somewhere to change. Asumi eyed over Takao's new clothing, then looked at her own.

"We look weird -not that you look bad or anything. Just.... not what I'm used to seeing or wearing. We should go."

Leaving the village proved easy. Villagers scattered away from them, and a  'toc-toc-toc' opened the wall just as well as when Takao or Chuy had tried it. Leaving, Asumi nearly jumped at the massive wall of fire, forgetting that's what the village looked like from the outside. She apologized to thin air, before continuing up the side of the cliff again. It didn't take long for Asumi to note a hollow's corpse right outside the village. As they walked west, more and more corpses scattered the countryside. About a mile away from the village, she found a circle of them. Asumi bent over one, and noted the wound was fresh. Something was weird about it, but she couldn't put her finger on it. She jumped when she figured out why. A sword had killed all these hollows, and extremely precisely. She'd patrolled alot, and saw a fair share of dead hollows, all of them tended to have been killed brutally. And when the Lost had fought hollows, it had generally been in a panic of some sort, their kills were never this clean either. This person had been hunting hollows for a while.

"Well, he's close."

Asumi heard a skirmish sound like it was right by them. Turning, she couldn't see anything. She heard another blow, and recognized it as coming from the cliff to their right. She could barely make out an Arrancar, with a few dead hollows around him. They were clearly completely savage, even from the distance Asumi was looking. It looked like he had it handled, but first impressions were everything. Asumi jumped, hoping Takao would follow. Air rushed past her from the distance, making her realize it was alot farther than she'd bargained for.

Asumi prepared for a crash landing, frantically looking for somewhere to land. 

She chose a hollow's head, crashing down with full force of the fall on it, crushing it instantly. She turned to the Arrancar infront of her. She couldn't help but feel this was a bad time. 

"Are you the elder of the village a little east to here? Er....I'm Asumi Ken. We're shi- certainly hoping to meet you. Sorry if this is a bad time. Oh, yeah, this is my friend, Takao. Uh... Maria sent us to see if we could get a map from you?"

She pointed to Takao, looking to see if he'd followed.  She suddenly wished she'd let him make the introductions, she was making a fool of herself. Then again, he'd been doing it all day. It wouldn't be fair to keep letting him do everything.

Viejo

"Old man"

His hunt had gone on for a long time, long enough that he has really forgotten how many hollows he has killed to this point. Was he closing in on a hundred? Or was it two hundred? Maybe it was 54? 54 was a good number, you have 54 of something you're set for a pretty good while. but why 54? Why did that number cross his mind again? 54 was a well enough number for supplies, 54 days of supplies, 54 days of food. No, not food, you need more food than that to feed a village, they couldn't survive on only 54 days of food. They had to stockpile for long term to win this war, a war against the numbers. The bad numbers, especially that 6, a dastardly six who holds hordes of hollows under his call. 

What number was he at again? 

"Ah, fifty five-" his strike ceased as his next target was crushed by somebody who interrupted his train of thought, who was this rather striking young lady? She had quite the pair of legs if she could crush that one with ease...

Yes...

Quite the pair of legs indeed... 

The man stood tall before asumi, his body strong and built almost out of stone, scaley, and living stone. Atop of his head rests what is left of his mask, two long horns, extending back behind his head like a regal draconic crown. below it a greyed scarred eye stares blindly towards Asumi on one side, the other sits a piercing yellow iris, looking her... "over." hHs clothing was rather simple, slightly splattered with blood from the battle before but no less reminding one of a simple monk's gi. In his hands resting his mighty weapon, a mighty nodachi that lays slick with a thin film of blood and viscera. Upon his feet... rather comfy looking sandals actually. 

But lastly, before noticing anything else upon the man, one's eyes are drawn to the thing that lays upon the man's face and trails long behind him, dancing softly in the wind. it was a magnificent moustache, a moustache of regality, befit for a king. A moustache that drapes across his face like a long fluffy snake, twirling and twisting it's ends in the air. A moustache that could bring world peace if it had a mouth. A moustache with a will power to match any challenge it faced. A moustache that would shatter any weapon that dared to turn against it. A moustache that, if entered into a wrestling match, would win the world title, but gift all the winnings to charity for those with less fortunate moustaches. A moustache that enters the room long before him, sniffing for danger and deceit. A moustache that trails long behind his head while he moves, like a twin tailed cape that stands testament to his power. A moustache that can make baby's laugh and cure sickness with but a touch. A moustache that makes king's tremble and give the repressed freedom. A moustache that shall stand triumphant long after the man's death. A moustache that shall never back down, no matter the opposition! A MOUSTACHE TO DEFY THE VERY GODS THEMSELVES

The moustache stands triumphant before Asumi, daring her to approach and state her business. It's long flowing locks flicking in the wind impatiently, awaiting her words.... "A new comer, who might you be my dear?" the man's voice gave a much more cheerful and jovial display then the constant watch dog above his lip. "I would know if I have met somebody with such powerful... legs before. Please, tell me your name.... Wait.. you've already said that. Sumi? Take-out? A pleasure to meet you both,even if you did just steal my... Fifty sixth kill?' he was unsure about the number for but a moment before he looked the two over. "So... Haven't seen you two around the village, what are you two doing out here hrrrm?" he asked, hefting the mightly blade upon his shoulder to rest, but was still ready to cut them down should they move to hurt him.... or answer his questions wrong.

"You wouldn't be with that loud mouth fool would you?"

Asumi stared at the mustache for what must have been a full minute. This man looked like a walrus, but was surrounded by scales. She didn't know what he was. Snapping back, she concentrated on what he was saying... she turned slightly red as he mentioned her 'powerful legs", nearly matching her hair. W-was that suppose to be a compliment? What was he trying to say? Seriously, what did that sentence even mean.

Aaaand he forgot her name already. 

"I-its Asumi, and- " she realized they probably weren't staying long. This probably wasn't important. How bad could a wrong name be anyways.

She shook her head, muttering to herself. "Sumi and Take-out it is, I guess." 

"Anyways. Sorry for stealing your kill. Fifty six? Wow, you must be strong. I bet you could kill us b- I mean, you're really strong. Anyways, I, er, just didn't want to run into you after you were tired and not wanting to talk. ...Right. Well, we're not from the village we're shini- severely lost in Hueco Mundo. Our home was, uh, destroyed by hollow? Er, Espada? La Sexpada? Mr. Cut I think he was. We came for help, we really don't want to die.. Chuy showed us in the village, he said it was an Arrancar Village. I don't think we'd fit in, but we're afraid of the Espada. And we're certainly not with the dirty holl- the hollow shell of an Arrancar!

Anyways, we met with Maria and her friend Concepcion. She said you had a map of their castles? Can we, uh, do anything to earn a copy of it, your eminent mustache- I mean elder? I mean- uh..."

Asumi looked nervously back to Takao, her eyes begging him to take over, before she got them killed. Probably too late on that. Well, Asumi could cross being a spokesman or politician off her list of possible careers. She couldn't talk worth crap, let alone lie apparently.  Maybe she'd have been better leaving the talking to Takao from the first place. She couldn't wait to get back the Soul Society. She wouldn't have to think for herself. She stepped backwards, redder than before.

Takao Fujisaki

When they tracked down this Elder, Takao had hoped to form a plan of approach. They had no idea what they were dealing with, and if all these dead Hollows suggested anything, this Elder wasn't to be trifled with. But in an enormous departure of common sense, Asumi simply jumped right in there and started talking. Already she was speaking without a lick of heed to tact or delicacy. Didn't she consider how suspicious it would be for two "Arrancars" to show up out of the blue and ask for a map? At the very least, they could have come up with a cohesive story to tell before barging on in. Asumi really was unbelievably bull-headed from time to time. Fortunately, the Elder did not immediately attack them, though it was clear he was suspicious. Taking one look at him, Takao could already tell they were dealing with another kook. It seemed like leadership of that Arrancar village was determined on the kookiness of your character, and less so on strength or leadership ability. Takao didn't know what the guy meant by "powerful legs", but it sounded downright creepy. Takao was partially grateful it was Asumi and not himself that was the object of his Elder's attention.

Of course, Asumi continued to make a fool of herself, nearly using the word 'Shinigami' at least once more. It was almost physically painful to hear her dig a bigger and bigger hole for the two of them. Finally, she signaled rather clearly that she wanted him to step in for her. He now felt partly sorry for her, since she obviously recognised how foolish she had been. On the other hand, now he had to talk to Mr. "Powerful Legs" here. Swallowing his apprehension, Takao stepped forward calmly. "You'll have to forgive my companion, Cut's assault on us left her quite shaken. I assure you we have nothing to do with the Espada; we humbly request the map from you that we might avoid their territory in future." Takao hoped the Elder wasn't inclined to pry too closely into their story, but knowing their luck, Takao did not expect much. If things went the way they usually did, he would probably just fixate on Asumi's legs and be a monumental waste of their time.

THE MOUSTACHE

"The Sexpada eh? Hrrrmrmrmphphmr..." the man began to think once again. His moustache waggled with every grunt and grumble, or perhaps that was his laugh? His eyes scanned Sumi once more before looking towards her friend Take-out, who seemed to explain her eagerness to speak, or rather throw information his way. Whippersnappers always are in such a rush, can't slow down and admire the view! Smell the roses, watch the sunset! Not that they had either here in Hueco Mundo, but in the end it was the thought that counted. Surely there was something to look at though, the Espada's castles, though housing some evil hearted folks did have some flair to them, and did occasionally look nice from a distance. 

Perhaps he should let them check out these places? Maybe these young ones will be able to see something that THEY didn't! They must be new faces, should be good that he gets them on their side, or better yet, have them be spies! 

YES! 

That was the key! thy couldn't simply just sit here while the sexpada reigns over the lands as he wills! 

They must gather information! indeed, this was so crazy it just might work! 

"hrumphhrrmmhrnn..." the man let out what may be a laugh, or a slight cough before procuring a rolled up piece of paper, and a writing utensil. "this map will be able to guide you, but the deal is, you must make certain to fill it in yourselves and return to compare it with ours. If were to survive we must remain vigilant and supportive of one another." he stroked one long tendril of hair upon his lip before continuing, it was good to do this now and again since ti made him look wise. "The first spot you should investigate is a bunch of strange occurrences over here." he opened the map and pointed to a location none too far off. "Be careful Sumi and take-out, you never know what the sexpada is planning. And as powerful as your legs are Sumi you may not be able to defeat all the enemies you come against." he nodds thoughtfully before standing silently before the two, hands folded behind his back...

As if waiting...

Just waiting...

For them to leave...

"...Well? you have your job!"

Users who are viewing this thread