• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Flora giggled softly when he addressed Fauna. The kitten popped her head up at the mention of her name and let out a soft mewl in response. Then he answered that he was a half-breed and her eyes sparkled with happiness.
"I only noticed because of how tall you are. I mean, everyone's tall to me because I'm quite small, but you're even taller than most first years. And I noticed you're a first year because your uniform is blank like mine!"
She pumped her fist in the air out of excitement. The action knocked her hair out of place and showed her pointed ears. She realized what happened and stilled for a moment.
"Half elf. Aaaand I don't know what house I want. I've only known about Hogwarts for a couple of years now. I only know the names of the houses."
Calzy Calzy

Alex gave a soft smile and closed the door behind her. She took a seat, sitting rather unceremoniously and jostling the rat. She looked over at the girl who introduced herself as Anastasia.
"Alex. Good to meet you too. And yeah. This is Jinx, my rat."
She ran a hand through her hair and then proceeded to pet Jinx all along her back.
"Thanks for letting me sit. The other compartments looked pretty full."
AI10100 AI10100

Time: 10:57
Date: 1st of September

tumblr_okin67bkc61qai61bo1_1280-png.576476

At the mention of his two namesakes, James grins excitedly. How wonderful that his names are already being recognised! A reputation before he even steps foot on the grounds of Hogwarts is a wonderful thing, and he feels his chest almost burst with pride.

Then she reveals her surname, and his smile slips.

Nott.

He had expected something like this, of course. Going off to Hogwarts means mingling with all sorts of proud families. His father has many friends, and James has reaped the wealth of that extended family for as long as he can remember. But Harry has enemies too, dangerous ones, and it was inevitable he would run into someone like this during his time at Hogwarts.

Still, he hadn't expected it to be the very first person her met. Especially not someone who had seemed somewhat likable to this point.

"You're being quiet." Guinevere says at last, and he nods slowly.

"Yes." He agrees, eyeing her warily. He has little doubt, from her words, that she knows of the situation. But saying it out loud helps him sort out his thoughts. "You know, of course, that our fathers were in the same year together at Hogwarts? And they, well, didn't quite get along."

He wonders if they will have the same difficulties. After all, in the Wizarding world? Families hold grudges. But then again, he is well acquainted with the story of his very namesake - Sirius Black. He knows well that one's family doesn't define them, and already Guinevere has admitted to defying her father in the use of, of all things, muggle technology. And he is sure now that he didn't imagine the eye roll earlier. For a moment, he doesn't quite know how to respond.

When he decides how to deal with the situation, he meets her gaze determinedly, squaring his chin. "If you share any of the same beliefs that brought your father into conflict with mine," he states firmly, "then you have made an enemy at Hogwarts. I will not stand for the sorts of things my father fought against. If not, though. then I see no reason why your surname should put any sort of damper on our conversation." He crosses his arms, daring her to disagree. "How does that sound?"

Just as he finishes speaking, the compartment door flies open again, and another girl - about their age - slips in. She collapses onto an empty seat and sighs heavily, and James wonders if she had noticed them. Surely they were hard to miss, but the girl - pale through her tan, with kind wrinkles around her eyes - looks as if she's seen a ghost. "Are you..." He asks, somewhat hesitantly, "...okay?"

Mentions: Maree Maree Peach Tea Peach Tea

image0.gif

“Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings”

“I suppose so, it is important that we make powerful connections while we’re attending. It’ll be useful in the future.” Gabriella knew that she would have to interact with those in her house and around the castle, isolating herself would make reaching her goals harder. Plus there were some people that she didn’t mind interacting with. Minus Anastasia and Guinevere, there happened to people other pureblood children that she could tolerate, she’d had play dates with most of them after all. Gabriella watched as Anastasia suddenly avoided her gaze, spending time with her so much meant that she was able to notice things about her that most wouldn’t.

“I have no doubt that I’ll end up in Slytherin or Ravenclaw. And you two, I wouldn’t mind if you ended up in...Gryffindor or Hufflepuff…” Gabriella didn’t bother to hide her look of distaste. The young Zabini crossed one leg over the other, causing Imperia to move beside her. “Absolutely not, you know how things would get when the two of you stayed over. I’d like to room with you both but you’ll have to tone it down at least.

Gabriella crossed her arms over her chest. “Antoine and his family are well. Actually he’ll be visiting for the Holidays.” She didn’t have any romantic feelings for her betrothed but he was good company and charming. Gabriella felt like royalty in the presence of him and his family. She couldn’t say that she would mind being married to him. “I see, that’s sound absolutely boring. Perhaps you can stay with my family and I next time. Though it’s good that you were able to see your family.” Gabriella remembered the Malfoys fondly. Draco was her godfather after all. Due to them laying low she didn’t see them as much as Anastasia had.

When the door opened Gabriella turned to look at who’d entered. When realizing that it wasn’t Guinevere she merely stared with an unimpressed look on her face. Gabriella looked at Anastasia from the corner of her eye for a moment when she encouraged the girl to sit with them. Suddenly a low hissing could be heard from beside Gabriella. Imperia stood beside her mistress with her back raised and her gaze locked on the juicy looking rat before her but she never moved. Gabriella chuckled darkly as she picked her up and placed her on her lap again. “She hasn’t eaten yet, rodent is her favorite.” She stated. Imperia had eaten before they left but she didn’t need to know that.

mentions: Guinevere Maree Maree & Anastasia AI10100 AI10100 || with: Anastasia , Alex Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 || location: Compartment U

codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Guinevere Nott
    Interactions: promqueen promqueen AI10100 AI10100 erzulie erzulie Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
    Mentions:
    Compartment: D -> U

The way his smile quickly fell from his lips as soon as Guinevere said her last name made her stomach drop. Her expression stayed neutral, effortlessly hiding how she was feeling. "I don't believe I have done anything since meeting you that would lead you to believe that I share the beliefs of my father," she said, frowning slightly.

She leaned back against the seat, crossing her ankles as she looked into his eyes. "Your namesake, Sirius Black. He was born into the same situation as I. We cannot choose who we are born to," she said, getting to her feet. As she did so another girls burst into the compartment, shifting James attention from her.

Gwen walked over to the exit of the compartment, hesitating with her hand on the door. She looked over at James once last time. "To answer your question. I don't share his beliefs. I better go catch up with my friends now but I'll see you around" she said, giving him a small wave she compartment and headed down the train.

At least this time she actually knew where she was headed. After a brisk walk along the train, she stepped inside compartment U. "You would not believe the utter imbecile I just had the displeasure of meeting" she exclaimed as she closed the door behind her. She was mildly surprised to see a stranger sitting with her friends but she shrugged it off. "Oh, Hello. I am Guinevere it is a pleasure to meet you. Please forgive me while I express my annoyance to my friends" she greeted the stranger, offering her a small smile before taking a seat. Somehow her beloved cat Audrey had managed to get to the compartment before her. She was happy to have the cat curl up on her lap, calming her slightly. Then she continued to voice her annoyance over the damn potter boy. She hadn't jumped to conclusions at his name why did he do so at hers? "James Sirius Potter. He just went all you're a horrendous person and a deatheater on me. It was utterly ridiculous that I had to defend myself to him" she huffed, folding her arms over her chest.

Last edited:
Ajax was surprised at how excited Flora was, he guessed that he was the first half breed she has seen other than herself, it was the same for him too and a half elf at that. Ajax pulled out a small baggie and inside it was small cocktail sausages, he pulled one out and broke it in half, he fed the first half to Sherbet who was in love with the things and offered the next part to Flora to give to Fauna if she was allowed it.
"I guess that makes sense, though i could be a transfer student, but you are right i am indeed a first year. I am in the same situation for the houses as you are, even though my father went to Hogwarts i didn't really want him to tell me anything about it. Anyway i think the train is set to leave, not too long for now, most of the crowd outside has disappeared." He says after peering out of the window for a moment.

• x

x
    Mood:
    -Curious

With:
    -Imelda and Penelope

Mentions:
    -n/a

Tags:
    - T Tinytiger28

Midas Doherty
    The girl -Penelope- almost seemed to take Midas's entire arm off with the enthusiasm of her handshake. When she finally let go he sat down as quickly as he could and discreetly rubbed his arm with a slightly bemused expression.

To him it was almost immediately obvious that Penelope was the excitable sort and his interest in her diminished only a little. His sister was excitable enough at times, and he didn't need more of that. The young boy couldn't help but notice the confusion on her face when Imelda offered her a chocolate frog and a glance of understanding was shared between the twins: This girl must have been a muggleborn.

"I must warn you, chocolate frogs are a little more lively than the average sweet," he said with a small smirk. It wasn't an unkind look, but it definitely hinted at the contents of the packaging. In truth Midas had never gotten much of a chance to speak to a muggleborn. He was unashamedly proud of his pureblood heritage (after all, it took centuries of effort to maintain a purely magical bloodline, fanatical or not), but he never had any particular qualms with muggleborns either. The current Minister of Magic Hermione Granger was the prime example of the capability of muggleborns. No, what he took issue with were stupid people. They were the bane of his existence.

His train of thought was interrupted when Birdie trotted over to the girl. He raised an eyebrow at the expression on the cat's face. He knew that look. It was never a good thing.

• 52684741_337111686916207_131052309863232371_n.jpg

Anastasia Greengrass
    Interactions:
    erzulie erzulie Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Maree Maree
    Mentions: promqueen promqueen

"I'm afraid I'll have to pass up on the lions." Anastasia quickly said in response to her friend. While she would not mind being sorted in other houses, Gryffindors were certainly... not an ideal for her. She was not fond of their supposedly impulsive and foolishly brave stunts. It was always famous for producing the heroes of old but Anastasia was never drawn to that. Notably, however, Anastasia did not share the same distaste as Gabriella had on the Hufflepuffs. They were... sweet but fierce when they needed to be. Though fairness has not always been her strong suit. "Oh please, we do not have access to such technology in Hogwarts so there is absolutely no need to fret about us being too noisy."

Anastasia seemed appeased with her response. "Oh quite excellent." She let out another giggle. "Boring for you perhaps, but not for me. Gwen does visit frequently." She pointed out. She then let out a hum. "That would be nice." She hadn't stayed over the Zabini household frequently because both her parents were often present. Besides, Anastasia often invited them over because she had muggle technology inside the household which they could use. Nevertheless, she thought it might be an interesting twist to her life to stay over her friend's household.

Turning to the newcomer once more, she observed her movement. Ah, so she was correct in thinking that this new girl seemed to not be of pureblood descent. Or if she was, she was not properly taught. Nevertheless, there was no cause for alarm. Alex. Her introduction was quick and concise but not refined. "Jinx, a rather peculiar name." She did sound fond, however, and she couldn't exactly judge in naming skills.

She turned to the hissing sound and watched Imperia and then Gabriella. She gave her friend a silent look, hopefully managing to tell her to play nice with the stranger. It would not be wise for them to make enemies so early in the school year, or making enemies at all. "Imperia is a good girl isn't she? Jinx will be fine." Anastasia said that while looking at Gabriella before turning to Alex with an appeasing smile.

Before she could handle appeasing her friend, the door had opened and Guinevere's voice rang out as the door closed once more. It was already a complaint. At least she had introduced herself first to their stranger companion before sitting down and seeking comfort from her cat - whom Anastasia had not noticed enter. She let Guinevere speak - allow her to let out her emotions. To think that this happened because she had not found their compartment earlier. Though, the complaint was certainly a heavy one and there was a shift in her facade - her face hardening if only a bit.

"The Potter boy?" Anastasia paused, surprise clear in her face. "Was it because of your name? Perhaps if he looked at his namesake, he would understand that not everyone is bound by their blood. And if it is because your father is a Slytherin..." An abrupt pause in her speech as she brought her arm down to the cage and Gavin hopped onto her, confused. She brought him closer. "Well, look no further than his own brother, named after Severus Snape. Once a deatheater and a Slytherin, now hailed a hero. I'm surprised such assumptions would come out of his mouth." As opposed to her friend's annoyed demeanor, she was jarringly calm. Unaffected, almost, by the height of emotion Guinevere displays.

image0.gif

“That is true, well there is still the matter of sorting. But as you said even if we end up in different houses we can still have each other over.” Gabriella continued to pet her feline companion, she had calmed down but her eyes were still on the rodent. Gabriella couldn’t blame her however, she was a predator in the face of prey. No matter how behaved, instincts were hard to completely tame. “Oh? Now I know for certain that things were not dull in the slightest. I can only imagine just what the two of you got into.”

Gabriella was the calmer one of their little trio while Anastasia and Guinevere had a penchant for pulling pranks and being mischievous. She could remember all the times she’s been dragged into their shenanigans. Now Gabriella was used to it, so it didn’t bother her as much. She raised an eyebrow at Anastasia, understanding the look that had been directed at her. “Imperia is well behaved but her instincts are still there. I wasn’t lying when I said she loves rodent.” Imperia purred lowly as if agreeing with Gabriella.

When the compartment door slid open once again she prayed to the gods that it was Guinevere this time. Already she felt like things were getting cramped. Upon seeing her friend she relaxed. Though she seemed troubled greatly. Gabrielle listened intently as Guinevere told them of her interaction with James Potter. “You don’t have to explain yourself to the likes of him. Let him think what he wants, without proof his opinion means little.” Gabrielle drawled. On the outside she seemed rather bored. But inside she was offended on her friend’s behalf. “What good did bringing your father up do? Rude and tactless, I know which house would suit him.”

mentions: James promqueen promqueen || with: Anastasia AI10100 AI10100 , Alex Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 , Quinevere Maree Maree || location: Compartment U

Last edited:
Time: 10:59
Mentions: promqueen promqueen AI10100 AI10100 PixieDust PixieDust Maree Maree

Upon entering the compartment, Catherine chose to, nonchalantly, place herself next to Olba. Something about that Ravenclaw girl had piqued Cathy’s interest. Pity she isn’t a Slytherin.

And then there was Gordon Goodblood, the American. Cathy casually studied him when he greeted her, wondering over that tremendous thirst for knowledge that never seemed to escape any of the Ravenclaws. Annoyingly clever, that boy was, though easy enough to talk to when working on their prefect duties together.

Last but not least came Victoire Weasley, part veela. Catherine thought she could feel her heart beat a little faster when the blonde complimented her on her looks, and immediately cursed herself for that reaction. What does she want? What ulterior motives does she have for trying to throw me off like this? Scheming little- Those thoughts were, however, interrupted by Goodblood’s teasing comment. Cathy turned her gaze to him again, and for a split second, something like resentment flashed in her eyes. This was quickly covered up by cool politeness though.

“Goodblood, that is tremendously inappropriate – Weasley, thank you.” Cathy shifted her attention over to the cat currently sleeping on her lap, stroking him idly while trying to hide her barely visible (but still existent) blush.

The compartment door opened again, and in sauntered the Gryffindor prefect, Cassius Floyd. The only prefect not born into a pureblood family. Catherine pondered on this while smiling at his comment about Olba giving out the most detention. To Cathy, the idea of marrying a muggle, of having kids with them, was unfathomable. And stupid. Clearly stupid. No need to sully perfect genes, right?

Ross Starling

Compartment E

Ross was fully engrossed in his copy of ‘Which Broom?’, currently a good 1/3 of the way through the magazine, and reading a number of reviews of the new line of Nimbus Brooms, it was all he could do not to salivate over a picture of the thing. Which is why when the compartment door was flung open by the diminutive red head he nearly jumped out of his skin as the door rattled noisily. It was almost instantly clear to him the girl didn't mean trouble. She was about his height, he'd evidently startled her as much as she had startled him, and a squirrel on the shoulder was hardly the sign of a real hard nut. Ross relaxed in his seat, placing his magazine next to him on the seat. He broke back into his soon to be trademarked easy grin, raising a hand in greeting.

"Just myself at the moment, help yourself,"

He smiled at her as she would make her way to the seat.

"Name's Ross, you a first year as well?"

He looked at the squirrel happily pitched on his shoulder. He didn't exactly remember squirrels being on the pets list, but his parents had tales of much stranger pets from their days at Hogwarts. A squirrel was pretty tame in comparison.

"Does he have a name?"

(Interaction: explosiveKitten explosiveKitten )

Flora smiled and fixed her hair so it covered her ears again. Even though Ajax was a half-breed like her she still wasn't comfortable showing her ears. What if someone saw? What if someone laughed? She frowned softly at those thoughts. But her smile returned when she saw him feeding Sherbert.
"He's so cute. I wish I could've gotten an owl. But Ma is allergic to them. She said it was a cat or a toad for me."
She scooped up the black cat and held her close.
"So I got Fauna! Ma laughed when I named her Fauna because I'm Flora. Fauna and Flora!"
She giggled softly and smiled.
Calzy Calzy

Alex dropped her hand and just listened to everyone talking. These people sure were in the loop. They seemed to everyone here. Even people that aren't here it sounds like. She shrugged to herself and leaned back, careful not to hurt Jinx's tail.
"Jinx'll be fine. She likes to play. Back home we never gave her a cage because she'd get angry at us for locking her away. So she was always roaming and getting into trouble."
She shrugged again and folded her arms over her chest. She really didn't care that she was out of the loop. She'd learn. Eventually.
erzulie erzulie AI10100 AI10100 Maree Maree

Ellison Sampson

Mood: Awkward
Interactions: James Potter & Margo Allerman
With: James Potter & Margo Allerman
Tags: promqueen promqueen Peach Tea Peach Tea

To say Ellison was uncomfortable was an understatement. Throughout the entire ride to the train station, he remained silent, staring and the trees that passed by his window. His foster mother seemed more excited than he ever could be. She had always been supportive but it seemed like she was taking that to the extreme today, assuring him that the other students would adore him just as much as she did. He thought back to when they all first found out what he was, to the moment that letter arrived in the mail. At least she isn't freaking out anymore, he thought with a sigh.

A wizard. Ellison was a wizard. Even now it sounded ridiculous, like something out of a fairy tale. He wasn't sure he understood it. As far as he knew, he was born to normal parents. Even his foster family was exactly that: normal. Why would he ever be special, then? It wasn't something he'd deserved or worked up to. No, it was simply a fact of his being that no one had ever thought important to tell him until recently. He was still trying to wrap his head around it. Unfortunately, there was only so much time before he'd be whisked away to some prestigious school for witches and wizards.

Now, that was... in three minutes. Oh. He was going to be late.

Amber, Ellison's mother, was now freaking out. She practically skidded into the parking spot that remained. "Out! Now! We have to go," she ordered, turning the car off and hurrying to open the back where they'd stored all his bags. Ellison wasn't as quick to get out. If he was late, he was late. Surely they had some sort of magic to teleport him there anyway, right? Hell, he wouldn't even be surprised, what with everything they'd experienced so far.

Diagon Alley had been quite the blow to the head for Ellison. It proved that, yes, this was all really happening. They'd gathered up all his book, his father bragging on and on to all the other parents about how talented his foster son was going to be. Ellison tried not to be embarrassed, but the tips of his ears had gone red. There was something wrong about telling others that he was going to be great when their child was born into the magical world, unlike him. He was just chucked into it at the speed of light and now had to adjust to it all on top of whatever else he'd be doing in school.

By far, though, the oddest experience Ellison had so far was in Ollivanders. After about ten minutes of going through every wand the old man could think of, he'd finally found one that worked. And the moment it hit his hand, it felt like it fit there, in his grasp, perfectly. As if the skies had opened up and some weird angels started singing. Truly, he wasn't sure what to think of that.

Slinging his cat-backpack over his shoulders (he had also picked up a new friend--his mother's idea, of course--who he'd named Blue), Ellison helped his mother with the cart. Once it was in his hands, though, she stopped. "Go on now, hurry up!" There was hesitance in her eyes, plain and clear. Ellison didn't blame her. He had honestly no idea where he was supposed to go, either, and he didn't really want to be here in the first place. This was all so, so much. It felt like his head was going to explode.

Ellison waved his mother goodbye and hurried into the station, searching desperately for the platform. Luckily, he didn't have to look too hard. There was a group of odd kids around his age with those who appeared to be their siblings. And they? They ran right into a post between platforms nine and ten. Instead of crashing, they disappeared. Ellison's eyes went wide and he looked around to see if anyone else had seen it. Nope. Just him.

Straightening his posture, Ellison stared at the wall before him. Big. Intimidating. And also solid. There was no way that was possible right? He shook his head. No, it must be. How else was he supposed to get onto platform 9¾? Taking in a deep breath, Ellison charged at the post. He went through and popped out onto the platform. Shocked, he turned back around to stare at where he'd come from with awe. So it was possible.

He didn't have much time to contemplate the logic behind that. There were less and less people on the platform, most of them adults or siblings of the people actually on the train. Hurrying on board with his luggage now in-hand, Ellison slunk down the length of the train, trying to find a compartment that wasn't full. He came upon D, which only had two people inside. Sliding open the door and shuffling inside, he glanced between the two. "Can I sit here with you?" he asked, nerves lining his voice.

codedbycrucialstar

Johanna Hayes
Compartment E

“Uh... Johanna. Yeah, I’m a first year.”
She sank down into the seat in front of the boy- “Ross” apparently, and squirmed a little, trying to get comfortable.

“Oh, him? My uh... my mam named him mister Squiggles and that kind of just stuck. She even taught him a trick!” She turned to look at the squirrel and said, “Mister Squiggles, say hi!”
She then made a waving gesture with her hand and the squirrel copied the gesture, sitting back on its haunches and waving its little forepaw in the air before going back to all fours.

“See? Mam had a lot of fun with him like that.” She turned to look at the boy, then after an awkward pause, she slid a hand you to her face and covered her freckled nose and gestured at the magazine, “Soooo... uhhh... what are you reading there?”

She leaned over and tipped her head around to get a better view Andy read out loud, “‘Which Broom?’ ... Is that a pun?” She took a moment to process the information, then suddenly jumped back in her seat, suddenly seeming to realize something.
“WAITWAITWAIT, are you telling me that you- WE, can fly around on broomsticks like the Wicked Witch of the West?! And there multiple kinds? ARe they like CARS? Is that the main mode of transportation?!”

Her mind was clearly blown.

RayPurchase RayPurchase

Penelope Hartmen
Location: Outside of Compartment D Interactions: PixieDust PixieDust (Midas & Imelda) Mentions: promqueen promqueen (James Potter) Kipsy Kipsy (Ellison Sampson) Peach Tea Peach Tea (Margo Allerman)

"What do you mea-" She didn't get to finish her sentence due to Imelda practically launching out of her out of her seat to scoop up the cat. Pen had scarcely noticed Bing scrambling toward Birdie.

"Oh! No worries!" Pen said quickly, snatching Bing from off her arm and holding him closer. "It's my fault, really! I should'a expected Bing to do something like this, the mischievous little pistachio," She grumbled, absentmindedly letting him climb up to her shoulder and wrap his tail around her arm for support.

Pen jumped as the cat bolted away. "Ah-" She glanced toward Midas, giving him a sheepish smile. "I should probably go help with that." She stood, sprinting out of the compartment and after the retreating gray tail of Birdie and Imelda's disappearing form. Glancing to the side, she found that the neighboring compartment housed three people, a boy with black hair and black... eyes? A girl with brown hair and freckles sprinkling her face, a boy with messy black hair, and... a cat.

Last edited:
a9e04724226dccc6485f892de641c031.jpg
Mentions/ interactions:
promqueen promqueen Kipsy Kipsy

【Margo Allerman】
Margo's mind was still in its own little place when she heard a quiet voice call out to her. The girl blinks and turns, surprised to see a boy staring at her from the seat nearby. How long has he been there?

Margo's distressed look was soon replaced with a wide smile and she nods, brushed loose strands of hair from her face.
"Yeah! I guess I just got a bit homesick for a moment there- I've never really been one who's met other people often- I'm Margo by the way!" She threw several words at the poor boy who was talking to her, speaking so fast that it was almost hard to understand what she was saying.
"I'm a first year," she continued without allowing the boy to even reply, "I'm not quite sure what house I'm going to get into- but I sort of hope I get sorted to either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw!" Somehow, her smile managed to grow even wider and brighter. "Nothing against Hufflepuff or Slytherin of course, they're just not my first choice-" Margo was forced to stop so she could take a breath.

Before she could throw more sentences at James, another boy entered and stood in the compartment's doorway. Margo sensed the nerves radiating off of him and she warmly smiled, patting the seat next to her, "Sure! I'm Margo!"

Time: 11:00
Date: 1st of September, 2014

• tumblr_okin67bkc61qai61bo1_1280-png.576476
    The Nott girl leaves with a small wave and a promise of her beliefs, but James can't help but feel she's leaving with a bad impression of him. His lips purse, and he slouches into his chair. He is a proud boy - proud of his family and of his beliefs, and he is sure that he had done nothing wrong. In the Wizarding world, after all, judgements on a name are a necessity.

He ignores the knot in his stomach that tells him he has upset her, and instead focuses on the weight of his invisibility cloak in his carry on bag. He is not sure what the conversation they had means - whether they are enemies, or if the wave promises some sort of friendship - but he is sure he has found someone who will react fantastically to whatever he throws at her. He hopes she's fond of a good prank.

He is pulled from his thoughts by the new girl - the one who, he is almost sure now, had failed to even notice him in the carriage. She seems surprised to see him, and his mouth twitches into a small smile when she begins to ramble, equal parts amused and confused. It takes him a moment to sort out her rushed words, but when he does he widens his smile into a grin.

"Hello, Margo." He says sitting up again. "I'm James. I'm a first year, too, and I'm definitely going to be in Gryffindor. All my family has been, on both sides!"

Before he can tell her more about his parents, someone else joins them in the compartment - a slip of a boy, with dark hair and darker eyes. His voice shakes slightly when he asks to join them, and James tries to make his smile as comforting as possible. "Come on in!" He invites, echoing Margo's sentiments.

Behind the boy, he can see another person in the corridor - a girl who looks about the same age as them, appearing to be rushing after something. He has barely noticed her before there is a sharp noise - the ear-piercing whistle of the Hogwarts Express readying to leave the station.

• x

x
    Mood:
    -Bemused

With:
    -Imelda and Penelpe (formerly), currently, none

Mentions:
    -

Tags:
    - T Tinytiger28

Midas Doherty
    The girls left quite abruptly. Midas had been tempted to tag along, but he was certain Imelda would find Birdie eventually. Besides, now he had time to read the Prophet before anyone else disturbed him. With barely a second thought, he engrossed himself in the news of the day and blocked out any other distractions as the train began to pull out of the station. He felt no real need to wave off his parents, considering they had already said their farewells.

"Oh thats a shame, how are you going send post? That's very smart of you haha, anyway the train should be leaving any moment now".
When Ajax said this he checked his wrist watch and it said 11am, yep definitely time to go, he shifted himself to get ready for the long journey.
After a short few moments the deafening tune of the trains whistle mades its way into his ears, smiling he looks at his companion and says "Well, this is it, time to finally get going."
He quickly gets up and makes sure the door is tightly closed, he does not want to hear constant rattling throughout the journey. He made his way back to his seat and sat comfortably, outside was nearly empty now with only a few parents standing there waving off their children.​

Penelope Hartmen
Location: Hogwarts Express Interactions: PixieDust PixieDust (Imelda) promqueen promqueen (James) Peach Tea Peach Tea (Margo) Kipsy Kipsy (Ellison)

Just as Pen was about to point out the cat in compartment D, the train rumbled and a shrill whistle cut through the air. She stumbled, arms shooting out to brace herself on the walls. So it was eleven already.

Once the train had stabilized somewhat, or, at least enough for her to walk around without fear of faceplanting into the ground, she look back to Imelda. Well, where Imelda was. Now there was only a swinging door in her place.

Coughing awkwardly, Pen peeked her head inside, waving a quiet hello. "Hi, uh- sorry about the intrusion. We're chasing after a cat." She scratched her neck sheepishly, glancing toward Birdie, "Uh- that one, in fact."

Cringing inwardly at how weird that sounded, she paused. Her gaze landed on Imelda. "Oh, right! Are you okay?"

Ellison Sampson

Mood: A bit better
Interactions: James Potter, Penelope Hartmen, Imelda Doherty, & Margo Allerman
Tags: promqueen promqueen T Tinytiger28 PixieDust PixieDust Peach Tea Peach Tea

A small puff of relief left Ellison's lips as the girl and boy let him in. He was expecting them to tell him to go find somewhere else to sit, as unrealistic as that was. He put his luggage away and shuffled over to Margo, who had rather cheerfully introduced herself. Sitting down beside her, he removed his backpack and sat it in his lap. Blue peered out through the big, clear plastic dome. The cat seemed to have noticed something he hadn't, but he wasn't paying much attention to his new feline friend. Instead, he forced himself to look up at the faces of his two peers.

"Hello. I'm Ellison Sampson. It's a pleasure to meet you two," he said, still very clearly on edge. "I hope we get along well." He really meant that. Friends were few in number for Ellison. Perhaps, with this new school, he'd find some people he could actually be comfortable around, people who wouldn't take advantage of his quiet, tractable nature. Even after everything, he's nevertheless a people-pleaser at heart.

Something--or someone--hit the floor as the train started to move, the sound of the whistle blowing echoing in his mind. It was a girl and Ellison, concerned, tensed up, ready to help her get to her feet if she needed it. However, she seemed too shocked to see the other male in the compartment to care much about laying on the floor. "James Potter?" he repeated, turning to face the boy in question. "Do you know each other?" He couldn't see any other reason to explain how she knew James' name and, above all, placed it to a face. That is, if she was talking about the right person.

When she mentioned her cat, Ellison immediately looked around to find it. Another girl popped up behind the one who had fallen, pointing to the cat they were after. His attention wavered, though, when Blue meowed, big blue eyes staring pointedly at the other cat in the compartment. A small smile spread Ellison's lips. "Looks like Blue's trying to say hello," he said fondly, wrapping his arms tighter around his cat's backpack.

codedbycrucialstar

Ross Sterling

Compartment E

Ross chuckled and waved back at the squirrel.

“That’s a pretty neat trick. My parents have promised me an Owl if I keep my grades up, I’m not sure what I’d have to do for a squirrel though,”

He glanced down at the magazine and picked it up offering it to her. He offered her a friendly smile as she covered her nose. She seemed a bit… odd, but friendly enough.

“Here have a read, I’ve read it over about 4, 5 times now, it’s this month’s edition so everything in there is all up to date,”

Ross jumped a little again as the stream of consciousness escaped her lips. Did this girl know anything? I mean if brooms blew her mind then there was a very good chance that she wouldn’t make it much further than Hogsmead without fainting. He slowly nodded his head.

“I mean I’ve got no idea who the Wicked Witch of the West is, is she some sort of criminal on the run in your area? And yeah there are loads of types have a read, and they’re not the only means, I mean there’s apparating but we’re too young to do that, but portkeys and floo powder…”

He trailed off his brow furrowing slightly, shifting slightly as the train began to pull away from the station.

“Do you really not know any of this stuff?”

(Interaction: explosiveKitten explosiveKitten )

Last edited:
Flora shrugged softly.
"I wasn't very close with Ma. She wasn't my birth mother and she took me in because I was in a...muggle orphanage."
She scratched behind Fauna's ear and the kitten started purring in return. She looked out the window of their compartment. Once the train started moving she saw the beautiful sky and fields revealed and it made her happy.
"I can't wait. It's going to be magical."
She giggled softly at the unintentional joke.
Calzy Calzy

Guinevere Nott
"I am more than who you assume me to be"

Interacting: erzulie erzulie AI10100 AI10100

Guinevere quickly replaced her annoyed expression with one that was more neutral. She shouldn't let this stranger know that the potter boy had offended her so. What if she passed the information along to him? That just wouldn't do. The girls were right. She shouldn't let some silly little Gryffindor effect her like that. Even if being compared to her father stung a little, his opinion didn't matter. "It was my name that triggered him, yes," she said, confirming Anastasia's suspicions. "A Gryffindor for sure. He already has the ego for it" she agreed with Gabriella.

She gave Anastasia and Gabriella a confused look, subtly gesturing to the strange girl with her eyes. A quiet way of asking who the hell she was. There was no way they could be a pureblood. She had completely ignored her introduction which was very rude. When someone introduces themselves to you, you should do the same. It was rather basic knowledge. Maybe they were poor and uneducated? That would explain the rat. As much as she loved animals, she would never own a rat. Audrey flicked her tail, eyeing up the pet rat. Though she didn't seem to be the only one as Imperia seemed to be in hunting mode as well. This might turn out rather interesting.

"Nevermind an idiotic boy. I can not believe we are finally attending school together" Gwen said, managing to prevent herself from squealing. With the strange company around she couldn't be her normal self with her friends. It might have been slightly better if they were actually trying to participate in the conversation. Instead, they were just kind of sitting there. She felt embarrassed for her. If the girl had been polite and introduced herself she might have helped her out, but she didn't.

"
I'm positive we are all going to end up together. There is no way we would be separated" she added. Even if they were, they would still be friends. Something as silly as being sorted into another house couldn't keep them apart. Not after so many years of being friends. Her eyes lit up as the best thought came to her head. "If we end up roomed together it will make it far easier to do you know what" she smirked, subtly brushing the side of her nose. Pranking together was great fun, even if Gabby did try to snob her way out of it sometimes. They had so many plans they just needed some victims. Like a certain James Potter. Now that would be interesting to do. If they could talk Gabriella into it that was

codedbycrucialstar

52684741_337111686916207_131052309863232371_n.jpg

Anastasia Greengrass
Interactions:
erzulie erzulie Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Maree Maree
Mentions:

Anastasia patted the owl perched on her arm as Guinevere confirmed her statement. Fascinating really. She hoped that this would be a misunderstanding that can blow over but sometimes hate against blood is stronger than rational thinking. "Potter is practically bred as a Gryffindor. I wouldn't be surprised." Both namesakes were proud Gryffindors after all - died for the noble cause so many believed in but feared too much to act upon. Nevertheless, seeing Guinevere's shift in her mask meant that they shouldn't discuss this any further than they already have. The stranger in the compartment was a deterrent to that but such things may be discussed at a later date. Seeing her eyes flicker towards the stranger, Anastasia had spoken up for her. "Ah yes, she is Alex and her pet rat, Jinx." Truly, ignoring an introduction was certainly rude in any sort of context but there was no use nitpicking that. "Most of the compartments are full you see."

Seeing both cats seemingly hone in on the rat certainly didn't alleviate her wariness of the situation. At least Gavin wasn't planning on doing anything. Perhaps all the years living in a house full of both predator and prey had allowed him to know how to restrain himself.

The conversation moved to a safer zone - Hogwarts. Anastasia gave her a bright smile, her agitated pats becoming softer and more mellow and Gavin hooted in approval. "We've been looking forward to it ever since we were young after all." She had been even more pumped up when Daphne had taken her out to Ollivander's to get her wand early so that she could teach her some basics. She still remembered how she had excitedly owled the other two about it the moment she got home. Could you really blame a child for being that excited for getting the first step to becoming a full-fledged witch? She's read up on wand lore after that it was quite fascinating. She was glad that her wand had chosen her and she will show it that she can unlock its full potential.

"Yes, well, you may never know. Gabriella here is quite bookish." She gestured to their curly haired friend with a teasing tone in her voice. It was amazing how assured the two were in their house placement - sure that they would all go into the same house. Certainly, Slytherin had always been the house they wanted to be in just like their parents had been in. Still though, Anastasia had been worrying about being sorted into anywhere else. From the looks of it, she was the only ones with these kinds of insecurities. Well then, she would simply have to convince the Hat to put her there if push comes to shove. Her attention drifted back to Guinevere and she couldn't help but let out a giggle. "Certainly. It will be an eventful stay." It wasn't that Anastasia took great joy in seeing someone embarrassed or someone in great pain - oh no, pranking was made in good fun after all! From what she's heard of the Weasley Twins and even the Marauders, they were well received by the student populace. It would even take the stress off of her system and it does help in critical thinking. She did hope that Gabriella would humor their plans, but she always did in the end. "But let us settle in first before making any decisions." She said to appease her friend's more mischievous streak.

image0.gif

From the way that Guinevere’s expression had changed it was clear that they were dropping the subject. The three of them had been together for so long that it was easy to communicate with them silently. Certain looks were as easy to understand as words between them. Like the one Guinevere was giving them now. Frankly Gabriella had no idea who the girl was, and had no interest in finding out. She’d only given her first name but from her mannerism and choice of pet, she assumed that she was of lower status. To answer Guinevere's question she looked to Anastasia who’d invited the girl to sit with them in the first place. Was she judging her longtime friend? Yes she definitely was.

“Yes this is certainly one of the best points in our lives. Father told me of Hogwarts and his experiences. I have also read Hogwarts: A History, the updated version of course.” Despite her collected disposition Gabriella was excited as well and had been long before she’d arrived. The memory of getting her wand was something that she would cherish forever, the proud look on her father’s face and her mother’s watery eyes was something that she’d never forget. The fact that she was going to experience Hogwarts herself was both exhilarating and a bit nerve wracking.

Gabriella couldn’t help but roll of her eye. Of course the two of them would be thinking of pranking. Really she had expected them to grow out of it. “Honestly, why do I associate myself with the two of you again?” She raised a brow. Her tone may have seemed harsh to outsiders but Gabriella was only teasing. In the end she usually gave into them. Most of the time she would give them and idea or two and stand guard. Gabriella would never tell them that she did enjoy it at times, she’d never hear the end of it. “But yes even if we are separated, there will be plenty of opportunities to see one another.”

mentions: Alex Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 with: Anastasia AI10100 AI10100 , Alex Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 , Quinevere Maree Maree || location: Compartment U

Users who are viewing this thread

Back