Poetry I wrote a poem.

LawPhilos

In my own world.
I actually wrote it a while ago, but since it's one that I am rather proud of, I thought I share it here. Any criticism about the poem itself or the illustration are more than welcome. Comment below!

3FwHoY2l8K3x.png

I like it, it's very good

Although I think it flows better if in the brackets you just have (ashamed) rather then (all ashamed) but that's just my opinion.

LawPhilos LawPhilos

I know what you mean and somewhat agree with you, but that would disturb the rythm of the poem as right now each verse has exactly 12 syllables.

Now you might just say that there is no reason I can't ignore that and have the first be only 11, and if you did, you'd be right, however one of the things I draw the most fufillment out of when writing poetry is coming up with rules and sticking to them. Just my personal preferance, I don't like writing in free verse.

Last edited:
I know what you mean and somewhat agree with you, but that would distrurb the rythm of the poem as right now each verse has exactly 12 syllables.

Now you might just say that there is no reason I can't ignore that and have the first be only 11, and if you did, you'd be right, however one of the things I draw the most fufillment out of when writing poetry is coming up with rules and sticking to them. Just my personal preferance, I don't like writing in free verse.

You could possibly do
as if mirrors and glass
Instead of
As mirrors and glass

But that might be changing too much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back