I would like some feedback for my new OC!

GuacamolLord

Hey! I've had a character floating around and i was hoping i could hear some other peoples opinions!

Name (& nicknames): Sasha Resse

Personality traits: She is very happy and childish, her mind wanders a lot and she doesn't pay attention much. She very much enjoys talking to people and going places.

Description: Sasha is giant for her age, standing at 5'9. She has long legs and a shorter torso. She has short brown hair, that grows very quickly so she can have 2-4 hairstyles a year, going from medium to short pixie cut. Her eyes are brown, big and happy-looking. She is pale from staying inside mostly, though during the summer she gets much tanner.

Clothing and Accessories: She tends to wear the same cloths almost every day: a Short-sleeve shirt, Blue-jeans, tennis shoes, and during colder months she wears a grey hoodie. She usually has a few bracelets two with her favorite band, and one with her name on it. She also has a red and white polka-dot bandanna that she wears in her hair

Other: Her favorite band is Gorillaz, She has two older brothers, and she gets sick quite often

This is a very simple reference, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
View attachment 478871

Criticism would be preferred
Alright in that case...

The character seem overall a pretty good one. She isn't blantantly antagonistic or mary-sueish which is alreayd a great start. However, the character pretty much stops there, at the start. You've put a bit of thought into her appearance and base personality, but as far as any other details go the OC seems sorely lacking. There is no backstory to speak of, and the personality while a wonderful choice of personality and certainly quirky and entertaining is very surface-level, it lacks depth and lacks nuance. There is also a reference to her having two brothers, but we know nothing about them nor of her relationship with them, we do not know anything about her living situation other than not being dirt poor (cause she has neough funds to buy all those clothes you described for her). The reference to her favorite band is a bit odd considering the lack of detail in most aspects and suddenly getting that one random bit of info, but I can pretty much guess where it came from so I'll leave it at that.

My thoughts on this OC are that it has a lot of potential, but it's also extremely incomplete. The OC as presented by this character sheet seems like the first impression of a relatively nice and friendly person one might get, but as you may imagine that isn't saying much. In fact, considering a first impression is what you get from a first post the CS has little to no useful info. So, it's a good CS if you're going minimalistic ("revealing it in RP" and all that stuff which I personally have a problem with but I know it's a way of doing things many adopt) it's pretty good on the power of the character's potential alone.

If you're trying to get a good CS though, at least by my standards, you have a long road ahead of you still, but I can definitely see you getting there and making something absolutely stunning with this wonderful character :)

Sorry for the harshness (frankly, it's the reason I ask) , but I hope you found this useful! Good luck and happy RPing :)

Alright in that case...

The character seem overall a pretty good one. She isn't blantantly antagonistic or mary-sueish which is alreayd a great start. However, the character pretty much stops there, at the start. You've put a bit of thought into her appearance and base personality, but as far as any other details go the OC seems sorely lacking. There is no backstory to speak of, and the personality while a wonderful choice of personality and certainly quirky and entertaining is very surface-level, it lacks depth and lacks nuance. There is also a reference to her having two brothers, but we know nothing about them nor of her relationship with them, we do not know anything about her living situation other than not being dirt poor (cause she has neough funds to buy all those clothes you described for her). The reference to her favorite band is a bit odd considering the lack of detail in most aspects and suddenly getting that one random bit of info, but I can pretty much guess where it came from so I'll leave it at that.

My thoughts on this OC are that it has a lot of potential, but it's also extremely incomplete. The OC as presented by this character sheet seems like the first impression of a relatively nice and friendly person one might get, but as you may imagine that isn't saying much. In fact, considering a first impression is what you get from a first post the CS has little to no useful info. So, it's a good CS if you're going minimalistic ("revealing it in RP" and all that stuff which I personally have a problem with but I know it's a way of doing things many adopt) it's pretty good on the power of the character's potential alone.

If you're trying to get a good CS though, at least by my standards, you have a long road ahead of you still, but I can definitely see you getting there and making something absolutely stunning with this wonderful character :)

Sorry for the harshness (frankly, it's the reason I ask) , but I hope you found this useful! Good luck and happy RPing :)
Thank you very much, i dont think you where harsh at all and now that i think about it many of my other characters could use that as well. Again thank you for your opinions on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back