• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Supposed To Become a Hero but Got Stuck in a Deadend Job Instead

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Hekate raised an eye brow when Aenera asked her if she was ready as if they were going in a council room full of trouble. She just shook her head smiling in a sense that Aenera's way of talking was just unnecessary. "Yeah. Let's go." She said before she grabbed the door knob from under it and turned it, smoothly taking control of it from Aenera's hand and moved inside. "And about Snezhnaya, you'll have to let Ajax know first, remember? He needs to be given sufficient time to prepare for our trip and arrival. So too her Majesty. My real mother." She said as she headed inside and joined the others. She noticed Jayce was practicing healing magic but didn't say anything. All she could offer was a nod of approval. She had healing spells of her own but she knows how hard it can be to learn something new.

Ajax though in the same room, had been preoccupying himself with reading a small book he had brought along with him as he stood nearby. Whatever the group did didn't concern him and he knows that Aenera went to check with Hekate so he decided to just let them do whatever it is. Besides, he too has to wait on Aenera to go back so he can report to the Tsaritsa about recent events regarding her daughter and what the plans were now. Perhaps maybe even the Tsaritsa will order him to bring her back later.

Jayce is a bit tired from the repeated attempts, he will have to practice more restraint going forward. Jayce nods to Yffiryn and Kren, " I look forward to learning more, I just have to be more careful I think." He sees Aenera and Hekate come in, "everything ok?"

"Alright. Will do." Aenera said as they went inside. When they got in Jayce asked whether everything was okay. "Yeah, I guess everything is sorted out. Anyways the plan is that once we leave the city we could go somewhere like the beach or if it's okay with Ajax, Snezhnaya. And if you are all up to the challenge, we could still close that tear. We'd just have to drive out of the city, charge some mana crystals and then make a portal to the academy and escape through a portal out again. The mana crystals are so that I am not completely out of energy after the entire ordeal." Aenera said.

"Anyways, I will already get a portal home open. And the next couple minutes we can discuss what to do next." Aenera said while creating a portal.

Ajax blinked. He didn't think that they would head to Snezhnaya already. Perhaps it wouldn't really hurt anyway since if he had delivered a message to the Tsaritsa, there might be someone on the inside who wasn't on their side and was going to plan an ambush if that ever happened. Coming unannounced might actually be safer since it'd probably be more discreet. "Huh. Then, if we're heading to Snezhnaya already, I'm sure you all can handle a boat ride, yes?" He asked. Hekate didn't say anything since Aenera was the one who had the final say really. They still need to get her car as well as their belongings from the house. She felt a bit uneasy though. She didn't feel ready to take on that title yet. Just wondering what sorts of responsibilities and duties that awaited her as well as opponents and new allies... It'd be really overwhelming for her.

Jayce frowns for a moment, "well if you're sure you can do it safely... I'll support doing it sooner rather than later." Jayce hides his exhaustion as best he can he still has a lot to work on and if he shows it too much, his progress will be slowed by resting, "well where ever we go we need to be prepared for anything. I'll have to be even more on guard." Jayce turns to look at Hekate and notices her nervousness, " Are you ok?If something is bothering you I'll be happy to listen."

"I can handle a boat ride, I think." Aenera answered to Ajax. "Well, I get a little sea sick but the bigger the boat the less bad the rocking will be, right?" Aenera felt that Hekate seemed uneasy. Aenera touched Hekate's arm and asked: "What's the matter? You seem unwell. You can be honest with me. If you don't want to go to Snezhnaya yet, just tell me."

Faena then approached Aenera and said: "Before you leave, I would like to give you something." Faena then touched Aenera's forehead crystal and it began to glow. Aenera was overtaken by a force somehow and the memories of another person flashed past her eyes. Briefly, her eyes rolled back and she began to salivate, almost as if she was having a seizure. Aenera almost fell to the ground. When she regained clarity, Aenera angry, told Faena: "Next time warn me first!" "I expected you to take it a little better." Faena said. "Those are the memories of your great ancestor. They could help you protect those closest to you better." "Okay. Thanks? I guess." Aenera answered.

When Jayce responded to Aenera, Yfirryn answered: "Of course she could do it safely. She is powerful and cares about her friends." "I agree. But it is up to everybody. If you guys would rather leave it alone. We can go directly to our next destination. Otherwise, I will try to do it as safely and quickly as possible to prevent any inconvenience to you." Aenera responded.

Hekate didn't say anything but eventually shook her head. "It's nothing. Just thinking of the responsibilities I'll have to take on later as the Tsarevna." She said not saying the real reason of her uneasiness. She didn't want them to worry about her since they have their own lives. And after she becomes the Tsarevna, what happens then? It'll probably end up as them going their separate ways. Aenera has her bloodline and province to worry about after all and Jayce just has his own life as a seemingly average citizen. She too will have her own worries about her country and the people who inhabit it, loyal and in opposition of her.

She then watched Faena do her thing with Aenera and she... Didn't really feel concerned thinking it was just normal. Since it was Faena, she'd be sure that she wouldn't put Aenera in any sort of terrible risk that would hamper her progress. It wouldn't kill her or permanently disable her at least. Everything she does always seems to Aenera's benefit. Of course, having a seizure is a very bad thing but considering the cause and who it is happening to, it seems like a small price to pay for an extension of power.

Hearing Jayce having minor doubts in Aenera wasn't much for her to comment on. Yfirryn already reassured him as well as Aenera. This wouldn't inconvenience her in the slightest. They were bound to Snezhnaya anyway. They just have to get their belongings from the house and be on their way to a long boat ride. Though, she wondered where Aenera would keep her SUV. It might get ruined by the salt water if she parked to close to it.

"I think it's best to get it done. Once we regather our things we can head out." Jayce was well aware of Aenera's power but there are still dangers involved, things can go wrong. For now he has to trust His friends. Jayce looks between the others, "ready to go back to the ouse for now?"

What Faena did seriously was messing with Aenera's mind. Her thoughts kept wondering off. At times, Hekate, Jayce and even Yfirryn felt like strangers, yet at the same time they were sympathetic. It felt less like she received Aenfya's memories to look through and more like a fragment of Aenfya's soul that was trying to merge with hers.

"I...uh...well..." Aenera said, shaking her head and closing her eyes trying to shake herself back to senses. "The plan... it sounds... I mean we can go with that." After a short bit, she managed to regain some clarity. "Sorry about that. I felt a bit torpid for a moment there. But I am ready to go. I will go through the portal already. You can follow suit when you are ready." She said before stepping through. Yfirryn soon followed, however not before he noticed Aenera's forehead crystal had turned from blue to purple. Once through the portal and back at the house in the capital, Yfirryn asked: "Sis, are you alright?" Aenera gazed at him and smiled: "I am fine. Dont worry about me." Yfiryyn was growing increasingly concerned as she had just answered him in Vyyzantfyri, something she rarely ever did. Also normally when she spoke the native tongue, she would speak in an acquired accent she had obtained after living outside of the old city for so long. However, she spoke without that accent.

Kren then came out of the portal to hear Yfirryn say: "Normally you don't answer me in the native tongue." "Oh did I answer in Vyyzantfyri? I didn't notice!" Aenera answered with a silly gesture. "Anyways, pack your things and we can leave the city soon. Then we can take care of that tear before heading off to Snezhnaya."

Kren then asked Yfirryn: "Did I miss something?" "There is something weird about her. If you get a glimpse of her forehead crystal, it changed color. Also she just spoke in our native tongue without her usual accent. I hope it is just a side effect from what Faena did and not that Faena did something to alter Aenera's mind somehow." Yfirryn answered. Kren chuckled: "Dont worry. She is probably just a little tipsy from that."

Once Ajax and Hekate walked through the portal, Ajax already started to busy himself to arrange for the boat trip. He had to tell the crew to make preparations to make room for possibly five passengers other than himself, especially when one of the passengers will become the Tsarevna of their country. Hekate didn't really pay much attention to Aenera speaking in another language but thought that it was interesting. Considering how others were talking about it and saying that it was unusual, it seems like it wasn't something she does a lot. However, she did notice the crystal on her forehead had changed colors and that it had darkened. Though, she couldn't loiter around for too long, she had to make sure she packed all of her belongings that were important to her for the trip. She also needed to at some point take her belongings from her apartment building and speak with the landlady about her departure as well as thank her too. Though, that'll have to wait until she's sitting in a stable position as the Tsarevna. Imagining the workload, social circles and events she may have to attend to and basically familiarizing herself in a new environment, some of her wishes that Aenera, a crown princess, could help her get accustomed to that new setting. But then again, she seems to have problems of her own as well. Whatever Faena did, definitely took its toll on her. She might even be too busy trying to sort herself out to help. Yfirryn might be of help. Maybe. She doesn't really know. Seeing how he's been acting so far, it doesn't seem much of an attitude or behavioral pattern someone of royalty would have. He just acts like a younger brother. Which that's what he is, but thinking that the older sibling is a crown princess she thought he'd act a bit more like a prince. She doesn't really know about Kren and Jayce. Kren may be a professor, but that doesn't mean he absolutely knows everything about royalty especially in another country. And Jayce is... She doesn't know much about him. The only impression he gives off is someone who can definitely have the job of an adventurer seeing how he handles his magic. But then again, he works as a barista. Probably part time too. He definitely won't be of much help.

By the time she finished packing, she had already done away with her worries. There wasn't much to pack anyway since the load she carried with her was pretty light. Since it was pretty light, she came back downstairs after a good fifteen minutes. She waited on everyone to finish up their own things as she sat on the couch. Ajax had finished preparations and was also waiting, just walking around the first floor and looking around. He doesn't have much to do really. Not like he can do anything. He could've helped Hekate pack but he knows that she would refuse his help. Though, he could've swore... Wasn't there another member among them?

Jayce headed through and quickly gathered his things. This trip got quite crazy all of the sudden. They were just going to visit the capital and now its off to another country? Despite being the weakest of the four he knows he has to do his best in the case of an emergency but he also has to make the effort to get stronger. The healing spell he has learned is already a huge step, now he can deliver devastating blows with next to no consequence since he can just heal away the backlash damage he receives. Even still there are potential enemies who will be able to avoid his attacks or keep a distance from him. Jayce will keep pushing himself, though he will do his best not to worry his friends. After finishing packing he heads out to meet the others, though he stays silent as he is deep in thought.

Aenera saw the others come through the portal and once everyone was through, she closed the portal. The others went to pack their things. Aenera went to her room to get her stuff. However instead of packing, she threw her stuff into her storage pocket dimension. She then came back down where Kren was awaiting. Kren hadn't notice the suspicious behavior yet, but still said: "Your brother is concerned for your wellbeing. Are you alright?" In a moment of some clarity, Aenera said: "I don't know. It feels like Faena didn't just give me some of Aenfya's memories, but rather part of her soul and it feels like it is trying to merge with mine. If that is the case, in the worst case scenario, I could have part of Aenfya's personality or be more volatile as a personality. The part I dont want is the lust for power. The best case scenario for me would just be getting Aenfya's ingenuity."

"I have never heard of or experienced the merging of souls, so I don't think I can help. We can just hope it doesn't turn out too bad for you." Kren answered. Meanwhile Hekate had come back down. Aenera back out of the clarity somehow instinctively went to Hekate, feeling an unease in her about becoming the Tsarevna. Aenera gave Hekate a smile and said: "Since you will be becoming the Tsarevna, I could help you somehow in preparation for it. With all the enemy factions, I might be doing double the job protecting you and preparing you since you probably don't know how royalty should act when officially presenting as such. I can only teach you Vyyzantfyri etiquette since I dont know how Snezhnayan royals act." There was a sudden glimmer in Aenera's eyes and she suddenly had a Vyyzantfyri accent like her brother: "But with me as an ally, we can crumble your enemies to dust and help those who need help in your empire."

Coming back to some clarity, Aenera thought: What the hell? Why did I just say that? She then cleared her throat and said back without an accent: "I mean with me as your friend and ally, you will be safe and I can help you make Snezhnaya a better place. But as someone of royalty, maybe you need to learn how to sport a dress or a robe. Maybe Snezhnayans use something formal yet more functional since they are warriors. Vyyzantfyri women tend to wear robes as Vyyzantfyris specialize more in magics while men can wear a robe or something more functional for close combat. So I would expect Snezhnayan royalty even the women to wear pants/trousers or at least skirts no longer than the knees to not impede movement."

Just before, Yfirryn went up to pack and get changed into something more Vyyzantfyri to fit in with the disguise of Aenera. He changed into black leggings, a knee-length tunic with a wide neckline, a black ribbon choker and a long blue robe. He braided his hair and tied a blue ribbon into it. When done, he pranced down the stairs with his luggage. "Since you are taking a disguise, I will disguise as your sister named Ayfa. The outsiders think I am a girl anyways, so why dont just play with it temporarily?" Yfirryn said. Aenera chuckled. It was cute.

Jayce was also done packing but hadn't said anything since he seemed lost in thought.

Hekate blinked at what Aenera said. That was totally out of character, even for her. She squinted and looked at her a bit quizzical as she was getting worried about... Someone as powerful of Aenera. It'd be troublesome if she started to do odd things out of the ordinary. It was mainly the strange accent change and use of words. But she also noticed the small glimmer in her eye. Being a hitwoman, she also had rivals too. Some even tried taking a shot at her. She had experienced and train herself to catch the small glints of sniper scopes miles away in a large environment, always by a trial of fire. This sudden change in her eyes definitely did not go unnoticed. "Hey, you alright? Did Faena do something more to you than what we see?" She asked her. It was odd. It was almost as if for a moment she wasn't herself. It definitely was the case but how could she know? She doesn't know whatever Faena did change Aenera to extremities. She thought it was going to be something minor that Aenera could handle. It doesn't seem that way now.

Her thoughts then were tugged by Yfirryn, Aenera's brother, taking up a more feminine disguise. She always knew he looked pretty girly and he also thinks so too. Though, what if there was a small twist? She grinned a bit before giving Yfirryn a suggestion. "Or... What if we make you more like a guy? Like on of those guys from boy bands that have a large fanbase that sees them as idols or something. Maybe we can even make you look like them." She joked. But if he agreed, or better yet, Aenera agreed, then perhaps she could try giving him a whole new and different look. "Perhaps a haircut would definitely sell it." She said with a chuckle. She'd imagine that Yfirryn would refuse though.

Jayce really only heard a small amount of their discussion. He heard the word warriors and snapped back in, "Sneznyans are warriors? what kind of warriors? are they typically proficient in swords? spears? did their military ever use a phalanx formation? Or are they more practiced in unarmed combat? wait, Hecate, you're a sharpshooter. Are others there sharpshooters as well? Or is that because of your upbringing out side of Sneznaya?" Jayce kind of rambles on for a bit. Magic might be new to him but he knows physical combat all too well so hearing talk of warriors peaked his interest. Of course he's also worried about Aenera and whatever Faena did but he knows by now voicing it is pointless.

When Hekate stated her concern over Aenera's well-being, Aenera replied: "I don't know what is going on. It feels more like Faena gave me a fragment or so of Aenfya's soul and not just her memories. I am trying to fight it, but it is strong and seems to try to fuse with my soul." Don't fight it. You are born from my essence and therefore one way or the other, I am a part of you. Aenera heard in her head.

Aenera had to sit down again. The glimmer was in her eyes again. "Don't fight. It will be to your benefit. We can rid the world of evil with out allies. No one has to die." She said with the accent. Then she switched back to her normal self: "No, it is your goal to conquer everything. That is too much of a hassle for me. I just want a calm life and enjoy myself." Then back with the accent: "You can still enjoy yourself. No one can match your power, so they will leave you alone." "Shut up! If you intend to fuse with me, you better lose those ambitions of domination!" Aenera said. Aenfya's fragment replied: "As you wish, however some day circumstances will force you to take action whether you like it or not. I will become a part of you but any wishes of taking power will be on your part."

Aenera suddenly felt ease as the inner fight seized. The fragment of Aenfya fell silent. However the fragment would possibly still significantly influence Aenera, however with Aenera being the more dominant aspect of the soul instead. "She's finally gone. At least not as a separate soul anymore." Aenera said to the others.

Yfirryn was cautious however. "Are you sure you are completely yourself? The ancestor didn't seem good. She felt sinister." He asked. Aenera nodded: "I am sure she is gone for now." She went to hug Yfirryn. "I wont let anyone harm you or my friends." Yfirryn still found it odd that Aenera was this warm. Usually she would treat him more like a parent keeping their child out of mischief. She rarely hugged him this way. It could be a part of the soul fragment influencing her in this way. Nonetheless, it felt nice for Aenera to hug him.

When Hekate stated that they could disguise him more masculine and more like a boy band member, Yfirryn asked: "What is a boy band?" When Hekate mentioned a haircut, Yfirryn shook his head and said: "No. I dont want to cut my hair. A future priest of Vyyzantfyr shouldn't cut his hair unless it is a beard."

When Jayce showed surprise about Snezhnayans being warriors, Aenera said: "Yes. Snezhnaya is more of a militaristic nation. There are lots of mercenaries from there. Nowadays I think they are more specialized in guns, but I think historically they may have been swordsmen and archers. Maybe Hekate can provide more insight on it."

Hekate thought about Jayce's curiosity and looked towards Ajax who was standing aside doing nothing. "Hey. Ajax. Can you explain it a bit for Jayce?" She asked since she doesn't know the full extent of Snezhnaya's militaristic power. Surely, the harbinger knew something about it. Ajax blinked, never imagining that someone would be interested in Snezhnaya's warriors and combat prowess. Especially someone outside of Snezhnaya. He supposed he would give them an answer seeing how eager Jayce was to know about Snezhnaya. "The people of Snezhnaya are definitely given a combat course in grade school. As Aenera puts it, this also breeds lots of mercenaries and mercenary companies. One of the most prominent and top of the line company is Umbra Catervae, Shadow Company. But being more specialized in guns is not exactly the case. Sure, with technology advancing, people will start learning to harness this new tech to catch up with the ever changing world." He said before putting up his finger. "But, as my teacher once said: rely on your senses, not your tech. So most, like me, prefer to use more traditional weapons or their own magical abilities. Firearms and such would be of secondary use. Though, members of Umbra Catervae and Sangvis Ferri, the Tsaritsa's private army, are proficient in those firearms. Umbra Catervae in their skill at gun play and Sangvis Ferris with their... More advanced technology. For the more common people, firearms may be preferred for those who lack the strength or skill to use a traditional weapon properly, or those who wish to keep up with the current time or even, it'd just be beneficial for them given their skillset." He then looked at Aenera with her historical statement. "Historically, you're correct. Men were usually trained as swordsman and some women were archers. Then, more weapons came into play like the polearm and claymore. There was also the magic aspect of it. Then soon enough, through the power of a past Tsaritsa a long time ago, by royal decree that everyone will be taught and prepped for combat situations. It's also a requirement to serve some few years in the military as well." He stated. "However, it's only because of our current Tsaritsa that our military prowess has become more powerful and efficient than ever before. Knowing our next Tsaritsa is a former hitwoman, perhaps Adriesta will naturally raise it higher. But what I'm hoping for is that she'll reunite Snezhnaya as a whole so that we can no longer be hindered by internal issues."

Hekate had been wondering for awhile. If Snezhnaya had this much combat power, what is its purpose? What will that power be used on? Will it ever be used? Are they preparing for something? She decided to not ask these things since she thought it'd be better to ask her mother, the reason why Snezhnaya is a lot more powerful now than ever according to Ajax. Ajax then looked towards Jayce and nodded towards him. "So, did that satisfy your curiosity?" He asked in a nice tone. He didn't mean anything by it, just that if he had any more questions, depending on what it is, he'll answer.

Jayce listens intently. Once Ajax is done, "It has given me a lot to think about. I've studied martial combat for some time and I'm always interested in learning more." Jayce is occupied with his conversation with Ajax and thus does not say anything about Yffiryn's hair, "Once I have a better grasp on magic I plan to incorporate it into my current fighting style, but since I just started learning it will be a while before I get to that point." Jayce then thinks for a moment, "I know you've got special training and more experience, but if you're ever willing, I'd like to spar with you at some point. I am sure it would help me improve some and I'd really appreciate the help."

Aenera listened to the history of Snezhnaya from Ajax. "Very interesting history and structures indeed." She said. "Seems like the kind of people who would make good allies. I guess I will have to put in extra effort in keeps Hekate or Adriesta safe, depending on how you prefer to be called now. You could be a great Tsaritsa. You just need to keep your people happy and have good allies."

She then turned to Jayce. "I feel that you may have found out what has been blocking your magic and Yfirryn or Kren took care of the problem." Aenera said. Kren nodded. "I guess we will have to teach you some magic so you could fulfill your part of the group and keep up. But first things first, we need to get out of here and take care of that tear. I might have crystals in my auto to replenish my mana after closing the tear."

Ajax chuckled. "Well, a spar is always fun. Best prepare yourself then, I won't hold back." He said with a smirk. Ajax was the type of person who enjoys the thrill of battle, both in spars and in the struggle of life or death. He relishes in it. Someone whom is pretty much to opposite of Hekate who doesn't like to fight unless it was necessary. Only exception was if she was paid which was her old life style.

Hekate didn't say anything much throughout this entire exchange, even after what Aenera said. Though, her referring her as Hekate and Adriesta... Was it maybe too hard to use her new nickname which was Estelle? Surely, she didn't forget the situation as to why she has two names. One was official and the other unofficial. And there was also the name to deter potential threats from targeting her, specifically the ultranationalists from Snezhnaya. She shook her head a little before addressing Aenera regarding her name. "Well, for now it's Hekate. We'll use that name until we meet the Tsaritsa and I can get a more official and professional security detail so the ultranationalists wouldn't dare make a move on us. You know what I mean?" She said firmly. She knows that Aenera is strong, herself included, but moving from one place to another especially by boat in which they'll have to cross international waters... So many things can go wrong in these confrontations. Sure, they were strong, but stamina wise, to take on confrontation after confrontation endlessly throughout the trip will lead to exhaustion. Then again, Aenera can reverse time or so but then she doesn't know much about time theory. Plus, she wouldn't want to know what it feels to die and then be brought back to life in Aenera's perception of time. She wouldn't know if she'll keep the memories of her death or be unaware of it. Would it even be the same for her anyway? Nevertheless, she was not ready to see what an afterlife looks like. In order to avoid these types of problems, low or no confrontations would be the best possible outcome, in general.

"it wouldn't be any fun if you hold back and I wouldn't learn as much." Jayce smirks. Heguessed that beating ajax was not likely but just the experience is valuable, "we should probably wait until we get to sneznaya first though." he chuckled and looked over to Aenera and Kren, "my physical ability and mana fueled strikes are nothing to sneeze at, but they are admittedly not always useful. I've already learned that light spell and the healing spell, so I'm excited to get working on more." He then thinks about their upcoming plans, "I probably can't do much to help with the tear though."

"But yeah, I guess we should start using Estelle and Sentia now. Because as soon as we are in public, we need to be in disguises to avoid being caught. Both of us have lots of enemies and at the same time allies. But it is better to not get any unwanted attention. I had almost forgotten as the name you want to disguise with." Aenera/Sentia said. Then she spoke with an accent: "And I guess I should sound a little more like a foreigner to fit the role. Vyyzantfyr may be in the same nation but the culture is foreign to most." Aenera pulled the hood over her white robe over her head.

"I guess everyone is ready? Then let's go. I can show Jayce a new spell when we get out of the city." Aenera says as she heads out the door. Outside, she touches her auto, changing it's color to a pearl effect purple. As Kren followed with Yfirryn. A neighbor came over to Kren. "You have a lot of visitors this week. That is unusual. Are they friends or family?" "Awfully nosy arent ya? My landlady happened to come by yesterday, then I ran into some friends last night and let them spend the night. Now they will be heading out." Kren answered. Then the neighbor said: "They might get caught up in some traffic out of town. After what happened recently, they are checking more vehicles around the city."

In her Vyyzantfyri accent, Aenera/Sentia said: "We shouldn't have any issues. It is not like we got involved with what happened." It was amazing how easily Aenera lied, especially after being one of the center actors in the incident and the one involved in the most controversy among the group. The neighbor then said: "Yeah. I guess so. I can't imagine a foreigner of your beauty or gentleness to be involved in such an incident. That woman, Aenera was her name? She just straight up scares me. Doesn't matter if she is a hero or not. It feels like she may just be a hero when convenient or an anti-villain." "I doubt she is that bad. But thank you for the pleasantries." Aenera/Sentia said. The neighbor then asked: "Say, I have never seen someone with that hair or eye color before. Which nation, area or maybe, dimension, do you come from?" Aenera/Sentia chuckled and said: "I am Sentia os Xenfes of the village of Exkarranfa. I am a Vyyzantfyri village priestess, from the northern Fiordanfeller mountains." "Ah, possibly a rather isolated community or culture. Barely anyone tends to go to those mountains because of wyverns and dragons and whatnot." The neighbor said.

Aenera/Sentia needed to wrap up the talk and get going. "Sorry, but I cant talk for long. We need to head to out next destination and it will be a long drive." She said as she put her stuff into the trunk of her auto. Then neighbor then answered: "Well, have a good journey then. Maybe we will see each other another time." Aenera/Sentia nodded and got into her auto.

Ajax and Hekate, who is now going by Estelle since they're outside, got into the SUV while Aenera was conversing with one of the neighbors. He was quite the talkative one not that either of them minded, Estelle just hoped he was just an ordinary neighbor and not tied into any organization from Snezhnaya. She didn't say or do anything out of the ordinary so as to minimize her interactions and not let anyone take an interest in her. That was the whole plan until she could get to Snezhnaya and within the Tsaritsa's protection along with other Harbingers. Maybe she might see Sangvis Ferri as an escort detail on her way there. She's interested in Sangvis Ferri as well, considering they were the Tsaritsa's personal army according to Ajax. Though, she wonder why they were a thing if the Tsaritsa already has the Fatui Harbingers. She decided to occupy herself with these questions to herself while Ajax waited patiently in the SUV, considering Jayce's request to spar. He was more of planning of where they could have said spar and how much of his strength he should use. He was confident that he could put Jayce down immediately, but where's the fun in that? So many choices that would be best considering in the heat of the moment when it comes.

Jayce got his stuff together and heads out to the auto. He knew Ajax is specially trained and it was unlikely for Jayce to win but he had a some strategies to at least have a sporting chance. He would not go down easily.

(OOC: Sorry for the wait. I had a visitor for a couple days.)

Once everyone was in Aenera's/Sentia's auto, she started it up and drove away with Kren waving to them as the drove away. Aenera/Sentia drove out of the government district and approached a checkpoint. Shortly before the checkpoint, Aenera pulled out a fake ID with her fake identity on it. She had hastily made it earlier when packing. Once they got to the checkpoint, Aenera was about to hand over the fake ID when the guard looked into the vehicle and compared the pictures on an electronic tablet. "Nope, doesn't look like any of the suspects." The guard said and waved them through.

After the checkpoint, they were able to driving through the city and leave it without any issues. "Huh. I guess there is still some confusion about our actions and how to deal with it or someone in the military really hates us. Otherwise, maybe something else went down while we wreaked havoc and they are looking for those suspects." Aenera/Sentia said. A couple of kilometers outside of the city, they took a side road and parked near a patch of trees with a bench near the road. "Usually, people rarely come down here and if they happen to come by, it may just appear that we parked here to go on a walk." Aenera/Sentia said.

She then rummaged through her glove box and found three mana crystals. "I guess I will take two of these because you always need a spare in case the auto runs out of mana." She said. She then turned to Jayce. "Alright, before we teleport to the academy, I will teach you two spells that should not only be useful for out mission but aid you in the future." Aenera/Sentia said. "The first one is [Knockback]. The full chant is: Grant me the power to blow my opponents back, knockback! while you move your hands like this and channel you mana into your arms." She moved her hands in a circular motion also as if making a martial arts stance and then thrust her hands forward towards Jayce. There was a sort of shockwave, but it wasn't powerful enough to knock anyone over. "I only did a weak blow to demonstrate it and conserve my mana. Once you have the spell figured out, you can shorten it to the point that you only need to say one syllable or even just think it. Now the second spell I'd like to show you is Chargeup. It is to strengthen yourself with mana, making you faster and stronger. Only drawback is that inexperienced users are more likely to injure themselves from it. The chant is: Strengthen myself, Chargeup! while you tighten your muscles and focus your mana into them. I'd say give them a try and we can set out."

Aenera/Sentia then turned to Estelle: "Or when does that colleague of yours go on their mission? Maybe we still have time for Jayce to practice. Though I hope we don't attract any unwanted attention while we close the tear. Doing it without a diversion may cause more attention to be attracted, but with commus and other arcane items going haywire in the aftermath, they shouldn't be able to coordinate well and our escape should still be rather easy."

(Sorry it took me forever. I had a pretty packed week last week with work and trying to open a bank account and get a credit card (which was disapproved of because apparently they used my... credit score. Even though it's the first bank account I opened myself so I'm still trying to rack my brain around how and why I have a credit score) and also trying to find treatment to my forever aching soles of my feet)

Estelle commented after the checkpoint when Sentia said that maybe there was some confusion. "Well, we did just massacre a bunch of assassins hired by politicians who were also killed. Being a politician isn't just some seasonal temp job." She said and nothing else after. When they got off to park, she heard Sentia ask her about her colleague and she replied. "She's going to do it during the night. Not exactly sure when. My guess would be nearing eight thirty." She said before looking over her shoulder at him who was stretching outside the car. She looked back to Sentia and cleared her throat. "I suppose he could help Jayce train a bit. You just taught him a couple of spells, right? Shouldn't be too hard for Ajax to withstand some punishment." She said as Ajax finished stretching and went over to Jayce, yawning a little. "So. How come you're interested in these types of things? Y'know, like combat styles. I'm kind of curious as to why a civilian not from Snezhnaya has taken an interest in combat-type activities."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back