• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Supposed To Become a Hero but Got Stuck in a Deadend Job Instead

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Hekate looks at Jayce and shook her head with a smile as she gave her empty cup to him. "The milk tea's enough, thank you." She then turned back to Aenera and Jax, thanking them about their compliments towards her gun. "Thank you!" She then looked at Aenera specifically. "Uhm, if it isn't too much to ask, could we stop by my place so I can pack some stuff? Since this is going to be a trip that's going to be three weeks long, I'd need to get some clothes for that duration." She asked, also wondering if her bike would be able to fit in the SUV since she wasn't planning on leaving her bike here. She'll probably ask Aenera to maybe use her magic if the bike didn't fit in the SUV for some reason.

They remark to Aenera, "Family is important. Wish I was closer with mine." Then they slightly turn to talk to Hekate. "It is kind of sudden, us springing this trip on you. I'm mostly packed, so I'm fine to pick up my stuff whenever." Jax nods, blinking slowly at Hekate and then grinning with slightly crooked teeth. "I walked here, so I obviously didn't bring my stuff with me." They pause, and shrug. "I normally walk places, in fact, I don't even have my license. Public transportation is normally enough."

"I guess we will just drive to everyone's places since it is probably more convenient regarding luggage." Aenera said. "When everyone is finished up, we can head out and stop by everyones places to get their stuff. But first we need to stop by my place to pick up me and Yfirryn's luggage."

"Who all lives in the Rim? It will be quicker to go to the places in the Rim and then the other places to save time and energy." Aenera continued.

"I live nearby so that'll make things easy. I'll be back in a bit." Jayce then heads to the back. taking care of all his final duties for the day before his extended break. he was going to miss work but he is so excited for the coming adventures.

"I'll have to bike back to my place. I can tell you the address of where I live so you guys could pick me up. I live at an apartment complex nearby so I should probably head back now to start packing." She said as she put her commu back into her pocket and stood up to stretch a little bit. "Or if you don't mind, could you drive me to my place? And also... if there's room for my bike in your SUV, could I shove it in there so I can park it back at my place? Perhaps we can work something out and put it on top or something.." She asked a bit awkwardly since she felt like she was asking a lot for someone who just met them and is already going on a trip with them because of their offer for pretty much, free.

"I live within the Rim, so." Jax responds, putting their chin into their hand and their elbow onto the table. "That's easy enough. I can't wait to get started on this trip, y'all, it's going to be fantastic." They smile, then, a genuine one of pleasure and excitement. They blink slowly, tilting their head from one side to the other to crack their neck.

Aenera nodded, acknowledging what Jayce said about being back in a bit. Then when Hekate asked if she could be driven to her place and if the bike fit in the SUV, Aenera answered: "Sure it does. There is plenty of room inside the back of the SUV. Since your place is the closest to here we can go to your place, then to Jax's and then to my place. Then we can go back here to pick up Jayce."

Aenera got up and headed to her SUV, unlocking it with a magical touch. Due to Aenera's arcane modifications, the SUV was a lot bigger on the inside, almost like a RV. They could probably all sleep in there if they needed to.

after a few more minutes, Jayce comes running out to catch up in a simply black shirt and bluepants. he jogs up to the group, "sorry about that, everything is set and I'm ready." he has a big smile out of excitement.

Hekate nodded and headed outside as well. She had to unchain her bike from the post and brought it over to the SUV. To her surprise, the inside of the SUV was bigger than what it should look like on the outside. It sort of screwed with her perception of it so instead of getting mind fucked by looking at both the inside and the outside, she just stuck the bike in as neatly as she could and got in as well. "My place is at... this address here." She said as she handed over her commu which had the address of her place to Aenera.

"I can't get over how big the inside of your SUV is." Jax comments as they climb into the car, all short limbs and somewhat graceful movements. "It's like an optical illusion almost, or some sort of twist on reality that isn't quite right. It's bizarre, but it's also useful, so...?"

Once everyone was in the SUV, they all seemed astonished about the size of the inside. "It is all from personal modifications I made to it. I can recharge it with my own mana. It has a massive sound system with crystal reverberators and is basically twice the size it should be on the inside due to basically arcane configurations that emulate a pocket dimension. It isn't really its own dimension, it just acts like it." Aenera explained as she drove to the address Hekate gave her. Soon they arrived at Hekate place.

"Alright Hekate. Chop-chop." Aenera said. She then turned on some music, making a mild rumble inside the SUV.

Jayce sits in the suv leaning back, eyes closed listening to the music with a smile. He is excited, for the first time in a long time he has friends and for the first time ever he's going on a trip away from his home. Jayce wants to have as many new experiences as possible.

As soon as they arrived, Hekate nodded and hastily got the bike out of the SUV. You could watch as Hekate went began going towards the side of the building instead of the main entrance of the apartment complex. She carried her bike up the stairs that lead to the second floor and third. Though, she went all the way to the rooftop and you'd see her disappear from the ledge as she went to her small house on the roof. She had parked her bike under the shade of the small building and locked it against the post that held up the shade. She went inside and just grabbed a suitcase and began putting in some clothes that could be worn athletically or casually. The suitcase was pretty small so she only packed her clothes and some bathroom essentials. She also got a small backpack and packed her second Ace of Spades as well as her commu charger, laptop, laptop charger and some black gloves. She just had a feeling that maybe, just maybe something unexpected happens and she'd have to fight just a little or a lot. She also sent a quick email to the organizer that she was going to take a vacation for a while even though it wouldn't really matter, the mail doesn't reach her mailbox until hella later. After she was done packing the essentials that she thinks she needs for the trip, she headed out and made sure to lock the door and went back downstairs tot he SUV. She got back inside and nodded to Aenera. "I hope you didn't wait too long. I'm ready to go~"

Jax smiles lazily at Hekate. "We didn't wait that long. Besides, Aenera has pretty good taste in music." They are leaned back in their seat, arm draped against the side of the car in a way that is basically as casual as they get, this early into vacation time. As time goes on, they tend to get more relaxed and less stiff, but for now, they're still partially in work mode.

Hekate left and minutes later got back with her stuff. "That was fast." Aenera said and smiled. As soon as Hekate was back in the auto, Aenera started the SUV and drove to their next destination: Jayce's place. It was basically just barely over a minute from Hekate's place. "Alright Jayce. You're next to get your stuff. Then we can go to Jax's and then finally my place." She said.

Jayce nods and heads inside. first thing he does is changes into a blue short sleeve shirt with Black accents and a silver colored wolf head on the left side of the chest and a pair of black pants with Blue accents. he grabs his three pre-packed bags. A larger bag filled with clothes, a smaller toiletries bag and a third bag packed with various tea and coffee supplies and his favorite knife for cooking. He double checks to make sure he has everything he could need and then he locks everything up. Jayce heads back down to the Suv. He loads his bags in and hops in, "had to take a few extra minutes to double check everything."

Hekate was on her commu the entire time, reading manhuas to pass time as Jayce was loading up. She gave him a small nod when he got in the SUV and then looked towards Aenera and then to Jax. "Next is Jax's, right?" She asked just so she wasn't entirely silent during the whole ride. She knew she could be pretty quiet when there wasn't a conversation or something involving her. Sort of a tendency to keep to herself.

"Yeah, it's my place next. I'm mostly packed, mostly have to make sure everything is locked up where my roommate can't get to it. Lady's got issues." They reply in a exasperated tone, running a hand through their hair. "I don't live super far from here, actually." They then rattle off their address to Aenera, leaning forward in their seat to talk to her.

When Jayce came back, apologizing for the extra time needed, Aenera smiled and said: "It's not a problem. It didn't take too long." Hekate then asked if it was Jax's place next to which Jax affirmed and gave their address. Promptly, Aenera drove there. Over the ridge into the Rim and within a couple minutes they were there. "This is not far from my place. I live only a couple longhouses down the river." Aenera said to Jax.

Jayce mostly stays quiet for the time being as he slips through things on his Commu. it was only a matter of time until they head out on the trip and is trying to distract himself for the moment.

Hekate nodded. "Alright." She said before she went back to her commu. Though, now it sort of dawned on her what the outside looked like from the inside. Like looking through a window. It only took her a bit to start looking around for windows she could look through...

"Cool. I'll be back in a mo', don't drive off without me." They tease, climbing out of the car, their short limbs reaching. When they get inside, they listen carefully for their roommate, going into their room quietly, grabbing their things, and fleeing as quickly as possible, making sure to lock the door to their room so that their roommate can't go snooping while they're gone.

When they get back into the car, they flash a toothy smile towards the others, and wave forwards. "Onward I suppose."

So Jax left and went into their place to get there stuff. A couple minutes later, they got back out and got back into the SUV. "Yep. Finally to my place and then we can get going." Aenera said. She started up the SUV and drove a little further to her longhouse.

"Yfirryn, we already have your stuff in the back, so just stay here while I get a couple things." Aenera said to Yfirryn. Yfirryn nodded. Aenera then turned off the SUV and hopped out. She went down the steps to the longhouse where she was greeted by others who lived there. She quickly made her way up to her room and grabbed a couple things from her closet. She then went back down and let the other residents know that she will be out for two or three weeks.

Soon Aenera got back to the SUV and said: "Let the adventure begin as she started up the SUV."

From the Rim to the expressway it was about a ten minute drive. There was quite a bit of traffic on the way there. Possibly the start of rush hour. But soon they reached the expressway, a highway with four lanes per direction. The traffic on there was fast. Aenera drove up on there and began to pick up speed. Once they were cruising, Aenera had adapted to the flow of traffic, maybe even a little bit faster.

Yfirryn watched the scenery fly by. He had never been at such speeds before. Even from the old city to Quarrytown they didnt go that fast. After about 20 minutes, the desert like scenery of the south western part of Fiordanfell turned into a grassland and then soon after that into a woodlands area with occasional fields. On their way, there was a flock of wyverns high up and a large dragon flew over them not minding the traffic of the expressway.

"Ahh. That reminds my of the old times when I lived in the capital. Occasionally they sighted dragons, something you never see in Quarrytown." Aenera said.

An hour into their journey, a city appeared on the horizon. "Is that the capital?" Yfirryn asked excited. Aenera shook her head. "No that is Faevil. It is larger than Quarreytown but nowhere near as big as the capital. Faevil is a city with a large elf population. It is known for it's book and paper industry." Aenera explained.

Another two hours and it was getting dark outside. The expressway began to be illuminated by bright orange illumination crystals and the lines on the road began to illuminate blue. Since it was getting dark, Aenera decided to accelerate a little bit more so that it wouldn't be too late when they got to the capital.

Another half hour further, a massive city with massive spires at it's center appeared in the distance. "That is the capital." Aenera said. Yfirryn was fascinated by it's illumination. He hadn't ever seen such a beautiful sight.

However Aenera drove onto a rest stop. "I need to make a 15 minute break before we continue. I am getting stiff from all that driving and need to pee." She said. Aenera then hopped out of the uto and went into the rest stop building to go to the restroom and get a drink. Soon she came back out with a to-go cup of tea in hand.

(imagine that the speed limit on the expressway is 90 or 95 mph or 145/150 kph.)

Jayce took the time to hop out and do some stretching. Over the course of the ride he had been practicing his mana channeling throughout his body, in an attempt to learn to do it more efficiently. It was mentally tiring but sitting in the SUV for so long had his body sore. he stretched out his muscles, going through several different forms while Aenera took her break. Once his stretches are done he looks over to the capital with a wide smirk. The dragons he had seen earlier and these massive cities he's been seeing on this trip so far have gotten him even more hyped up. He was almost shaking with excitement at this point.

Hekate got out of the car and headed to the bathroom as well, so she pretty much went with Aenera but didn't talk much since she was still a bit sleepy from taking that nap during the ride. After she had splashed some water on her face to wake herself up, she bought a bottled drink from the rest stop building. She also bought some snacks. She bought some mango milk tea, as well as a few packs of Pocky that she intended to share with everyone should they ask or she offered. Since she pretty much was with Aenera almost the entire time, she offered her a Pocky stick from the pack she just opened. "You want one?" She asked her, Pocky pack in one hand and her milk tea in the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back